Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 519

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

  1. #326
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    527

    Default Whale Island - 26

    I set off the university in less than an hour. Since I take my studies (and social life) very seriously, I’m taking a break from updating giving you guys a break from adventuring. This will probably last until November-December, there’s a small chance I might update before then but I wouldn’t count on it. So I hope everyone doesn’t mind and is okay with hanging tight. I look forward to finishing most of your adventures when we start up again!

    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: “Sorry for the interruption folks”, Terri announces down the tannoy, “and without further ado, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the amazing Shamu!” The crowd starts to roar with excitement which muffles down through the clear waters. Sat slack on the Wailord’s tongue you can’t help feeling overcome with nerves. You’d gone through the improvised routine with the whale and it was now in his fins to deliver a show stopping performance. As Shamu rises through the water you count down in your head... Three, two, one... Suddenly splashes of white foam erupt from the water as the blue whale surfaces, water running off its huge body. You hastily slip out of its mouth as it belches up a Mist of white smoke which billows across the waterfront to a rapture of oohs and aahs. The sound team are right on the ball as the arena starts to fill with mysterious music, slowly building as it fills the air with suspense. With Shamu nothing but a silhouette you swim a safe distance to the edge of the tank so not to be crushed. The music suddenly builds to a climax and Wailord takes flight! Bouncing out of the white veil and into the stratosphere you watch in awe as the float whale Pokémon clears hundreds of feet before slumping back down. The crowd breaks into applause as the Pokémon starts hurtling back into the arena with building momentum... But Shamu isn’t finished yet! He tails off the combo by Spurting Water from his blowhole like a fountain – soaking everyone in the audience. The crowd goes wild as the white jets rain down, cheering and whistling filling you with a great deal of satisfaction until... You hear a faint chopping growing louder, and before you have time to sweep the skies the Wailord comes bombing into the water with a massive splash – the force of which pulling you under.

    You race back to the surface, suspicions of Team Aqua’s final gambit starting to grow in your head. As you break through the threshold with a gasp of air the atmosphere couldn’t be any different. People in the crowd were screaming and shuffling toward the exits, Poochyena yapping them into an orderly line. The chopping sound was ringing in your ears, and following it to the sky you spot jet black apache helicopter with a blue ‘A’ painted on its doors. Recognising the turquoise insignia as the sign of Team Aqua, you instinctively bowl out of the tank and onto dry land. The chopping of the helicopter blades starts to move closer toward the pool which was now rippling in the blustering wind of the apache. Paralysed with fear and curiosity you watch as the doors whoosh open and a bundle of black ropes shoot down to the water’s surface. The tassels home into Shamu, the whale moaning helplessly as they bind around his fins giving him no leeway. The helicopter starts picking up altitude again, the water rising around the blue whale as it’s slowly lifted out of the water! Now was the time for action, your eyes sweep across the arena and find a set of ladders leading to the scaffolding where the lights were dangled from. From such a high vantage you might stand a good chance at stopping the helicopter. Before you can set the plan into motion, a redheaded woman sporting an Aqua uniform interrupts your chain of thought. “What do you think you’re doin’! Get in line with the rest of ‘em!” If the grunt’s threatening tone wasn’t enough, her barking Poochyena and snapping Corphish might be enough to stop you in your tracks. What will you do?

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: You can hardly tell the sea from the sky as violent waves crash against the boat with thunderous sprays. Thunder claps again, the boat rocking wildly as Briney steers against tide with impressive skill – but with the sail filling with rain it wouldn’t hold for long. Faced with impossible odds you decide to round up as many of the local ocean dwellers as possible to take on the legendary. Putting your heads together you wrack up a set of orders for each band of Pokémon to follow, prepped as you’ll ever be for the fight of your life. Delilah nods, prodding her trainer affectionately with her bulbs before disappearing into the black waters. Hyrem watches the yellow lights drift down the surf at blinding speed, joining onto the school of luminescent Pokémon. She relays your orders to her siblings who quickly shift into position. Meanwhile, Kray had kicked his way to the sea groyne snapping his pincers eagerly at the colony of crabs. The rowdier of the Pokémon take charge, breaking off into the harsh waters. One of Kray’s brothers gives him a nuggie before creating a line ahead of the sailboat. The Lanturn and Eelektross pods surface around them, forming a small battalion ready to let off a distraction. In unison the Pokémon wave their pincers and fins, the Surf becoming more turbulent swelling ahead and rolling into a tidal wave. Picking up size and ploughing onwards it quickly eclipses the Sea Basin Pokémon from view. Reaching its peak a few hundred feet in the air the tsunami starts to break. Squinting to see ahead, your hearts both skip a beat as Kyogre retaliates with a surging mass of its own, matching the tsunami in strength and size. The two Surf collide, curling into each other with a deafening crash. The flood of ocean starts to collapse on itself, the force from both waves churning together to form a giant whirlpool. Whilst most of the Pokémon are agile enough to break away from its current, several Chinchou, Tynamo, Corphish and Krabby are pulled into the eddy. And despite Briney Sr.’s seafaring prowess his boat is helpless to escape the torrent!

    You both grab ahold of the mast as the whirlpool sucks your in, the ship spiralling downward at tenacious speeds whilst the old sailor tries to resist. The deck was filling with water now, its salty spray filling your nose and leaving a tangy taste in your mouth. All you could do was hold on tight as the rollercoaster ride kicked into overdrive. Meanwhile phase two of your plan was going ahead as sparks flew up and down the platoon of electric types, shooting off a joint Thunder Wave which arced toward the orca, hitting it in the dorsal fin before it could dodge. Electricity dances up and down the legendary Pokémon’s body, looking to slow it down but not keep it at bay. This attack had given the band of crustaceans enough leeway to skirt past the whirlpool and position themselves a good distance in Kyogre’s rear for a surprise attack. Kray is the first one to brave a close distance hit, smacking the Sea Faring Pokémon on the tail fin with a Thunder Punch. Whilst doing nothing more than tickle the orca, the incoming 10,000 horsepower Hammer strokes from the rest of the Crabs manages to get its attention as it veers around in fury. With its smouldering eyes leering down on the colony the black clouds above start to rumble as it lets loose a powerful Thunder. The lightning strike lands in the middle of the crustaceans, the water working as a conductor to effectively fry the whole army in one fell swoop. Most of them drop like flies, a few further out managing to avoid the electrocuting. With its back turned the deep sea predators make their move, joining together to create field of electromagnetism. The Shock Wave of energy explodes down the stormy seas, pelting the killer whale for a good deal of damage. The Kyogre u-turns toward the shore ready to unleash its wrath on the fish. A tenaciously powerful jet of Water Spouts from the orca’s blowhole, gunning down half a dozen Eelektrik and Eelektross like a machine gun. From what you both make out as you spiralled out of control the Kyogre was making plenty of holes in your team’s defences. Briney’s voice manages to break over the din of the churning eddy as he tugs on the sail with all his strength, “Just keep holding him off! I’m gunna try and pull this thing out of the current!”

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: With a shark attack narrowly escaped not without the loss of another innocent life, the mermaid leaves you with a final gambit: journey further into the depths of the underwater dungeons alone for Ephraim and Lily’s safe passage. The swash of ocean rings through your ears as you weigh up your options. She lies. She could be lying right now, there was no way you could trust her. But you couldn’t afford to defy her either. Her threat was sincere, and if you turned down her bargain the death of the last standing traveller would be on your hands. Your eyes sweep across the coliseum: the passage to the dungeons, the terrified traveller and your greatest weapon undersea. You settle on Ephraim, who returns a noble gaze – determined to protect you from harm. You’d made your decision and this couldn’t be so, you had to go at it alone. Whilst the seahorse protests he eventually forfeits under your uncompromising tone, destroying Lily’s bounds and allowing her trembling arms to wrap around his spiny neck. You take one last fleeting look at them before facing the gateway ahead. Ready to meet your destiny...

    The light from the battleground only stretches a few meters down the passageway before being consumed by a pitch blackness that makes it impossible to tell what lay ahead. A quiver runs down your tail as faint noises echo from the bowels of the trail, and with a great gulp you muster up all your courage to press on. Breaking into a breaststroke you allow the darkness to swallow you whole. Eyes adjusting to no avail you start to rely on your other senses. You strain your ears for any sign of movement ahead, but the tunnel remains filled with a deadly silence. You swim for what feels like minutes, occasionally brushing your tail against the side of the channel and bearing back to the centre with a jerk. There’s no telling how far you’d travelled through the depth’s of the lagoon’s labyrinth by now, however your pupils suddenly dilate as a red light flickers into view at the end of the tunnel. Like a homing beacon the scarlet lure draws you in, the jagged cave walls smouldering under its luminosity. You come to a halt at the foot of the red light, which you quickly recognize as a gem stone encrusted onto a large conch. Your eyes follow the bivalve down to the pink figure it was latched onto, a red and white ruff around its neck and a zen-like expression on its face. The Slowking starts to speak mechanically, no doubt drunk on the mermaid’s Hypnosis.

    “Only a man with unmatched wit may go on to the final game. Answer my riddle on your first guess – I will let you pass. Answer wrongly – I attack. Remain silent – I will let you walk away from me, unscathed”, Your stomach slips a few notches as you gaze ahead nonplussed. You weigh your chances. If the riddle was too hard, you could keep silent, double back unharmed and try to find an alternate route to the dungeon. But that seemed unlikely. Stripped of your backup your only option seemed to be solving the riddle on the first attempt. Your thoughts are stammered as the Slowking’s mouth draws open, your ears fixed intently on every last word resonating from its lips:

    ’From the Sea Basin I took a Water Weed and gave it to a Tiny Turtle. What am I?’

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Behind schedule for your rendezvous with Volkner you race en route to the liaison point only to find the Gym Leader awol! It looked like he’d bitten off more than he could chew, but these thoughts don’t manage to draw a great deal of sympathy on your part. His danger seeking personality had really grated on you and a little part of you can’t help thinking he got what was coming to him. You weigh up your next course of action. Even if Volkner was in trouble, there was nothing a rookie like you could do. However you couldn’t live with the guilt of just leaving him there. You still had a job to do, and after one last fleeting look at the force field you bear toward the western corridor toward the basement. Upon turning left down the path you come across a long flight of dark stairs, tempted to wake up the resting echidna for his torchlight. With hard swallow you brave the decent, allowing darkness to completely consume you. Twisting a doorknob at the foot of the stairs, light quickly breaks through the crack. You break through the threshold to a small box-like room. There were three Pokéballs on the floor in a perfect square, with a blast mark where the fourth should’ve been. Your eyes then shift toward Volkner, who was sprawled on the floor. Blood was trickling from his blond hair, his clothes charred and his face black with ash.



    Fearing the worst you run to his aid, grabbing his hand and feeling a pulse. With a low groan he tries lifting his head but it’s too painful. Eyes still shut, he cracks a half smile, “Looks like I was wrong about seeking danger... Guess I just got so carried away I started acting reckless... Look, I’m sorry for dragging you into this but we still have a job to do...” His hand wearily lifts off the floor and points toward the three Pokéballs. You examine them with apprehension. One of them was a trap, a Voltorb in disguise set to detonate against trespassers. Who knew if the other three were really Pokéballs? Another grunt brings you out of deep thought, “The switch is underneath one of those balls...” Pick any of the three Pokéballs. If you’re lucky it’ll be a regular Pokéball, but if you pick wrong the results could be explosive... Good luck!

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Picking the brambles out of your hair as you rise to your feet, it suddenly dawns on you like a crashing wave. Team Rocket had poached the Donphan and planned on trading it on the black market. It was a trainer’s duty to protect wild Pokémon, and as the only trainer for a mile off the burden fell on your shoulders. You take one fleeting look at the owl sprawled on top of the snaking vines of the undergrowth and dripping with saliva. Deciding on a whim to add it to your ranks you tap it on the beak with a Pokéball, vacuuming it in a flare of red light. The Pokémon doesn’t even give a struggle as the ball clicks to signal Congratulations! Lv. 9 Hoothoot caught! Kitty gives a whine but you shrug off her protests by breaking out onto the banks of the waterfall to hatch a plan. The look of feat in the Phanpy calf’s beady eyes is enough to fuel your ambition, and as a out of breath ranger comes staggering out of the woods behind you it looked like you weren’t the only one tailing the band of crooks. His green eyes glint with understanding as you explain what just happened and how you’d seen the apache headed over the cascading waterfall. Bent on rescuing the Donphan who’d just saved your life you quickly offer him your back up. He fixes his glasses weighing up your proposal.

    “Well, I-I’d be lying if I didn’t say I need all the help I can get. I’m not really c-cut out for field work, but it’s something I need to experience if I want to become a f-fully qualified ranger”, Deadalus smiles and nods – shifting his attention to the pink kitten that’d just started rubbing against his boots for attention, “Nice to meet you little fella”, he says whilst edging back tentatively, “Sorry, I’m allergic to cat Pokémon. My partner Pokémon’s right behi-“ He cuts off mid sentence, swooping over his shoulders and doubling back on himself in panic. It looked as though the ranger had lost track of his cohort as he suddenly started yelling “ICARUS!” at the top of his voice. A feeling of unease wriggles to the front of your mind, maybe you’d have more chance on the mission alone. After a few awkward moments that seemed to stretch for minutes you finally spot a bluish bird soaring high through the clouds carrying what looked like a dead Rattatta in its talons. The Rufflet gives no acknowledgement to its trainer and continues circling the sky with its prey.

    “Icarus! I-I told you not to fly too close to the sun! Get d-down here now we have an important mission!” his lack of confidence in commanding the Pokémon seems to show, the eaglet only descending to pick at the dead rodent. Deadalus’ reaction to his partner’s hunting skills makes yours to Skitty’s seem like nothing. His eyes stray as far away from the scene as possible, “this is Icarus. I got partnered with him b-but I don’t think we could be any less alike”. You smile toward the bird before faltering as it started to pick out rat intestines like worms with its sharp beak. Kitty’s tail sticks up as she hisses scathingly. As you turn back to face Deadalus he appears to have been struck with inspiration, frantically rummaging through his backpack. Following the sound of rattling tin cans he finally prizes a map from its bottom. Unfolding it he silently scans it with his finger, muttering words under his breath in deep thought. Suddenly a half smile beckons on his clammy face as he lowers the map from under his face.

    “Of course!” Deadalus points at the crashing waterfall with a look of madness, “The nearest Team Rocket Headquarters should be a kilometre in this direction, but it’s also th-thousands of feet below ground. I bet that there is a secret tunnel leading to it at the back of that waterfall!” You home in on the waterfall – a cascading ribbon of silky water louder than the roar of a freight train. The white spray crashes down on the plunge pool, springing up around the sharp rocks in frothy surf. Just ahead of the minefield of rocks and the white water rapids was your destination, but the current looked impossible to swim against. The ranger seems to think this too, eyes sweeping over the lake intently. Suddenly! A puffer fish leaps out of the waters giving Deadalus half a second to whip out his Capture Styler. He brandishes it the wrong way round, nervously spinning it the right way and taking aim. With the flick of his wrist he creates a ring of white light, which slowly gets smaller as it closes around the Qwilfish. As the ring merges with the balloon Pokémon the ranger rubs the back of his head with a dopey smile, “That’s the first time that’s actually worked!” Under his command the puffer fish swims to the shore and the ranger, testing the water with his foot, shuts his eyes tight and lunges onto it. With a splash he buoys up to the surface with his arms wrapped around the Qwilifish’s spiny body. Spitting out water the Ranger glances back over his shoulder, “I almost forgot... Uh... D-do you have a water Pokémon to Surf on or should I get this one to make two trips?”

  2. #327
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.


    Laguna Lake: A freshwater lake where the local Pokémon come to drink. People will often picnic here while trainers are more interested in seeing the kinds of Pokémon the lake attracts.
    Blaze had taken a boat here to Laguna Isle so that he could discover all the different Pokemon that this new and unique location had to offer. It was one of the main reasons why he had come here in the first place. However, for Blaze, there was another reason for all of this. As he looked out at the water, a sudden "ZOOOOOP!' came by his ears. A large dragonfly flitted about on the lake, drinking the water. Every time he would go for a drink, little ripples would forms on what would normally be the serene glass mirror of the water. Other trainers also had their Pokemon out, and, Blaze noticed that quite a few people here were having picnics here. 'Who wouldn't have a picnic here? The air is fresh and the scenery is beautiful.' The lake was surrounded by forests, and Blaze had made quite a long hike to get here.

    The dragonfly ziped back over to Blaze, and hovered in front of him for a minute before setting down in front of him. His wings flapped with impatience, and, he looked up at Blaze. This was Surgei, Blaze's Yanmega. "Ah...the water is so nice here. It remidns me of the lakes back at my hometown. That was a long time ago though. But, what exactly are we doing here anyways Blaze? I'm sure that Lemon Drop would have enjoyed this place more." Blaze looked down at Surgei. "Yeah, she might. But, I figured that we could spend some time together, you know. Just me and you. Aside from Hades, I am closer to everyone else than you." Blaze chuckled for a moment at the though of his Shuppet, Hades. Hades didn't like anyone. "Spend time together? Like some sort of bonding experience? Not totally into that." "Well, you are going to have to deal with it Surgei. I didn't bring anyone else here with us. It is just going to be me and you." "Joy."

    Blaze laughed a bit again. 'I don't understand. Why does Surgei keep pushing me away?' The Yanmega was off again onto the lake, trying out his speed and agility. 'He was so self-conscious when he was a Yanma. Now that he is a Yanmega, he has so much confidence in himself. But why is he pushing me away?'

    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=3778
    Last edited by Plight of Leon; 11th September 2012 at 1:39 PM.

  3. #328
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    The Black Swan: The Black Swan, once one of the largest and most feared pirate ships of its day, now lays rotting on Laguna Beach. Strangely enough wild Pokémon steer clear of the wreck; a sign that people perhaps shouldn't ignore.
    *Flutter* "And there goes the map, not that it was helping anyway." Brier looked at the rag-tag crew on the even more rag-tag boat. The was Somn the young Drowzee, eagerly at work at bailling water out of the boat; Krieger the Koffing, floating slightly above Brier's head, keeping a lookout from his invisible crow's nest; and Jitterz the Joltik, hard at work, lying about as any good Captain would do. "In some way this is fitting," He thought, "Jitterz your fired for navigating, you got us lost."

    "You can'tz do that, I'z Captain of this ship," he buzzed, "I'm Captain Jittz Spar...." Only to be cut off as he turned into a red glow and was pulled into the PokeBrig.

    "Well this is a mutany, now I'm Captain. Krieger! Doez there be land any where?" Brier asked as the pirate act started taking hold.

    "Koff Kof Koffing!"

    "Aye, We set sail for starboard, five 'o' clock at that. Somn you're doing a fine job, keep it up and you'll get a rest in no time."

    Thirty minutes later, the quartet arrived on the beach, but the rowwing had taken it toll on Brier, who was force to drop the act. "Huh huh huh," he panted as he pulled the boat away from the wave. Looking around he saw a decrepit old ship. "Oh that must be the SS Calypso, that I over heard the old couple talking about last week." He then thought back to that day and played back what he had heard.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -------- One Week Prior --------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Man: So have you heard about the SS Calypso?

    Woman: Yeah, it's on Laguna Peninsula. Oh how wonderfull it must have been to have had a ticket to sail on that ship!!! It sound so much nicers than living the life of a pirate on the Black Swan, Didn't it crash out at sea and sink to the depth?

    "Luxury Liner huh, sound fun." Brier thought to himself as he walked on up the board walk. Little did he know that the Woman was wrong and would soon be corrected bye her date.

    Man: No, No you have it all backwards. The Swan is on the beach and the Calypso is at the mercy of the sea's depth....

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    --------Present Day--------------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Koff" Krieger nugged Brier out of his trance.

    "Oh thanks, how long was I out for?" Brier laughed as he began walking towards the ship. "Seems kind of rickety for a cuirse liner, and where are all of the Pokemon? Would they want so hang around this thing?" He said as he, Krieger, and Somn entered the ship through a hole in the hull of the "Calypso".

  4. #329
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone


    Laguna Peninsula

    The Black Swan: The Black Swan, once one of the largest and most feared pirate ships of its day, now lays rotting on Laguna Beach. Strangely enough wild Pokémon steer clear of the wreck; a sign that people perhaps shouldn't ignore.

    As a kid, Shiro had always heared stories of a ship called "The Black Swan"
    It was said to have been a very beautiful ship, elegantly dancing across the seas. Few years ago, Shiro had gotten hold of a map, that held Black Swan's newest coordinates within, located in Whale Island's Laguna Peninsula.
    Shiro had rented a boat in the morning, and was now walking towards the boat.

    "Ah, I see it!" Shiro thought to himself, and began running towards the ship. He stopped suddenly, however, as he sensed something eerie coming from the direction of the ship.
    "Well, what are you waiting for? We have a ship to explore!" Someone shouted. His Cherubi had released himself from his pokeball, and was now sitting on his left shoulder.
    "B-b-but what if there are ghosts there?" Shiro muttered.
    "There are no such things as ghosts! Advance!" Cherubi stated, and gently slapped Shiro, trying to convince him to continue towards the ship.

    Shiro had completely forgotten that his Cherubi didn't believe in anything that wasn't scientifically proven, not even in ghost type pokemon.
    With the Cherubi on his shoulder, Shiro carefully approached the ship once again, trying to think of all the horrors he might encounter...

  5. #330
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Story Maker!

    Hello, my lovely updatees! With you as my bunch, I'm already at my cap! Lucky you! Hopefully you'll enjoy what I come up with. ^^ Don't forget to link to your stats in every post if it's not already in your signatures! Thankies!

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – After arriving at Whale Island, the first thing that you and Grace do is to purchase a map. Just because your goal is to see the world, doesn’t mean you should allow yourself the chance to get dreadfully lost! Still, even with aid, that seems to be what happens. Grace sighs, watching as you lose your temper and shred the map to pieces on the earthy floor, continuing on with a curse.

    Eventually, you make it to a beach that appears to be void of any life except for Grace’s and your own. Perhaps it’s private? The salty air invites you down the hot, golden sands, and whilst you’re glad that you have shoes on to protect your poor feet, Vulpix seems quite happy with the heat despite the threat of a large body of water nearby. After all, the seaside isn’t the best environment for a fire type.

    “I wonder how long this has been here?” You ask alloud, approaching the rotted vessel that was beached on its side, the old structure weathered away by the brutal, open elements. A thought enters your mind, and you chuckle, glancing to your partner. “How brave do you feel, Grace?”

    As if she was a psychic, and not a fiery fox, she responds to your question before you’ve even finished, blasting the air with a powerful plume. She looked eager, and her motivation was inspiring, firing you up! “Now, how do we get inside?”

    There were multiple options, to be sure. It might have been quite big, but the wood was chipped and broken open in places, with some holes you would have to wriggle through and others you could just leap or climb about in. Windows were smashed, but the edges could be dangerous. Knowing the structure is weak, and that you don’t know who might be lurking around to give you a good hiding, you keep in mind that you must proceed with caution. Heck, maybe you should just go somewhere else? But you and Vulpix really want to do this! So, which way in? And will it be worth the risk?

    Poketim – Acting isn’t a fun thing for all people, but it is for you. After overhearing about a cruise liner that had sunk to the ocean depths, you and your little crew set out in a tiny boat, and you’re the captain. Your first mate, a Joltik called Jitterz, has overstepped his authority as first mate and returned to his little Pokebrig, but Krieg is still floating around you. You have no fault with him yet, and with that skull insignia on his purple tummy, he suits your scenario perfectly!

    Panting, worn out, you realise that you might have to take up the gym or some sort of sport before the pirate life is quite for you. Being a trainer does not automatically make you fit, unfortunately! You head over to the ‘Calypso’ once Koffing snaps you from your trance, and proceed through a hole in the ship’s hull.

    “Seems kind of rickety for a cruise liner. Where’s all the Pokemon?” You ask, and recieve no answer as you look around. There’s no obvious treasure to be seen. Time has taken its toll on the vessel, but you can vaguely see artistic carvings in some of the wood, and recognise some tatty pieces to have once been finer than others. Now, it all just looks like a jumbled mess. But still, once upon a time, the aristocracy had taken holidays and fine parties in this dump, so surely there were mysteries to be uncovered here?

    There is a door off to the left at the end of the room, at a slight angle seeing as the ship is collapsed. There is another straight ahead of you. Water drips, and you should remember that once the tide comes in, things could get a little gross. It is openly exposed. Which path do you take, or do you realise your mistake and take to the door?

    Amphy – “There are no such things as ghosts! Advance!”

    Your Cherubi has released himself from his Poke Ball, a habit that you feel is becoming more and more frequent as time has passed. Most Pokemon don’t even speak, but at age fifteen, you feel a little humiliated that his fluency in human language would match most college under and postgraduates. You’re the relaxed type, and the calming crashing of waves against an untarnished shoreline should help. Cherubi, and the giant shipwreck in front of you, has negated such effect.

    You consider coming up with another argument, but have also decided that this adventure was inevitable. The Pokemon you retrieved from the Cable Club that glorious day would just outwit your whinging, and so, in a cowardly manner, you take baby steps in your red sneakers through a broken opening.

    The ship looks beautiful even in its shadowed condition. Your shoes have already begun to squelch from the water that’s seeped inside, and everytime the current comes in, more water seeps through. It’s not the best place in Whale Island you could have come, quite frankly, but if myths and legends are true at all... Perhaps you could have the last laugh.
    If you stay, you can not only prove to Cherubi that you’re a brave little soldier, but maybe that science isn’t always right. After all, in such a place, shouldn’t there at least be a single Krabby in a corner or Zubat hanging from the ceiling? There’s not a single, annoyingly common species in sight!

    How... Supernatural?

    Perhaps.


    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – You and Chainsaw, a delivery Skarmory, approach the lighthouse with negativity nagging at your gut. From further away, the lighthouse obviously seemed less intimidating. Yes, it was abandoned, but it didn’t look that bad on the exterior and if the light was on, something must have been keeping it going no matter what the locals said! Besides, you and your partner had taken on errands in all kinds of areas and situations. A lighthouse in a bustling tourist spot was nothing for the pair of you!

    Whether that’s true or not, you’ve travelled a long way, and there was no point in walking away now. Chainsaw will protect you if anything does happen to go wrong. You breathe out in an attempt to relax yourself, running a hand anxiously through your locks, before going over the threshold and up the stairs. It’s incredibly dark, and luckily, there is a railing to stop you toppling over the side. The light might be on in the top compartment, but there is nothing else here to guide you but the moonlight and distant lamposts spilling in from mucky, unwashed windows. The ocean wind howls up the tower like a fierce Houndoom, and you’re sure that you caught the sound of fluttering wings or scurrying around you.

    Just because there aren’t people here, does not mean you are alone...

    What do you do?

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – In an attempt to bond with your newly-confident Yanmega, you’ve taken a break alone in Whale Island just the two of you. You’ve even come across the perfect spot: a freshwater lake, where families and tourists come to have picnics or observe Pokemon in their natural habitat, like the baby Yanma that zipped by your ear just now, drinking and rippling at the cool water’s surface. The two of you converse, and you try to get through to Surgei, but in the end, he leaves you behind to put those mighty wings of his to good use.

    ‘I don’t understand,’ You think to yourself with sorrow, face perfectly concealing your inner distress. You’re a confident person who likes to be on top, and even if you probably won’t see any of these locals again, they will not get a clue to your true self, ‘Why does Surgei keep pushing me away? He was so self-conscious when he was a Yanma. Now that he is a Yanmega, he has so much more confidence in himself. But why is he pushing me away?’

    You start to ponder your predicament, but the giggle of two young children among a happily unit of four steal you from your thoughts. A Teddiursa has emerged from the brush, and they are feeding it some sandwiches. The Pokemon here are probably used to such treatment by now. But that doesn’t make them nice. The family pet the Teddiursa, but the parents try to keep it from their food any longer. Its response is to use a Scratch attack, sharp claws tearing through clothing as screaming breaks out the people move back, watching a perfectly executed Covet swipe a picnic basket. The children are both in helpless tears, and the Teddiursa isn’t even fleeing – it’s heading straight for a panicked bystander! This Teddiursa clearly knows what it’s doing.

    But do you know what you’re going to do?
    Last edited by Meetan; 12th September 2012 at 1:08 AM.

  6. #331
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Hello, my lovely updatees! With you as my bunch, I'm already at my cap! Lucky you! Hopefully you'll enjoy what I come up with. ^^ Don't forget to link to your stats in every post if it's not already in your signatures! Thankies!

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – After arriving at Whale Island, the first thing that you and Grace do is to purchase a map. Just because your goal is to see the world, doesn’t mean you should allow yourself the chance to get dreadfully lost! Still, even with aid, that seems to be what happens. Grace sighs, watching as you lose your temper and shred the map to pieces on the earthy floor, continuing on with a curse.

    Eventually, you make it to a beach that appears to be void of any life except for Grace’s and your own. Perhaps it’s private? The salty air invites you down the hot, golden sands, and whilst you’re glad that you have shoes on to protect your poor feet, Vulpix seems quite happy with the heat despite the threat of a large body of water nearby. After all, the seaside isn’t the best environment for a fire type.

    “I wonder how long this has been here?” You ask alloud, approaching the rotted vessel that was beached on its side, the old structure weathered away by the brutal, open elements. A thought enters your mind, and you chuckle, glancing to your partner. “How brave do you feel, Grace?”

    As if she was a psychic, and not a fiery fox, she responds to your question before you’ve even finished, blasting the air with a powerful plume. She looked eager, and her motivation was inspiring, firing you up! “Now, how do we get inside?”

    There were multiple options, to be sure. It might have been quite big, but the wood was chipped and broken open in places, with some holes you would have to wriggle through and others you could just leap or climb about in. Windows were smashed, but the edges could be dangerous. Knowing the structure is weak, and that you don’t know who might be lurking around to give you a good hiding, you keep in mind that you must proceed with caution. Heck, maybe you should just go somewhere else? But you and Vulpix really want to do this! So, which way in? And will it be worth the risk?

    Hallow was intently listening for something, that something, was noise. But there was none, it was completely silent, it felt like He and Grace had fallen off the face of the earth,

    Part of the ship had rotted away leaving gaping holes in the exterior, windows were smashed, leaving the expression that those were the ship's scars,
    There was an ominous feeling in the air, thick gray clouds started to gather and the wind grew stronger, before Hallow knew it, the once beautiful scenery was no more,
    "What's this?, a storm?,"
    Hallow knew how much Grace hated water,
    Hallow picked Grace into his arms, ran, and jumped through the nearest hole big enough to enter from,
    A bit of rain started to drop outside,
    "I guess theres no where else to go now,"
    There was little light inside,
    Hallow picked a split wooden plank off the ground and wrapped an old T-shirt of his around it,
    "Grace, use Ember and light the torch!,"
    Instantly creating light!,

    The interior of the ship might have been in worse condition then the exterior, there were canon holes between the walls,
    "Now we know what caused the ship to end up here,"
    Even the ceilings had holes in them, making it able to see at least a floor up,

    With every step they took, the floorboards squeak'ed eerily,
    Grace started to shiver, whether be it from fright, or the cold wind that passed through the corridor they were walking in, Hallow felt he needed to do something to help,
    "You know Grace, there's an old song pirates used to sing when they ventured into the dangerous seas seeking adventure,"
    He went on to say,
    "The song is meant to uplift the spirits of those who sing it,"
    Grace looking eagerly at him,
    "It goes a bit like this,"
    "Arghmmm," Clearing his throat,

    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,

    Binkusu no sake wo, todoke ni yuku yo
    Umikaze kimakase namimakase
    Shio no mukou de, yuuhi mo sawagu
    Sora nya wa wo kaku, tori no uta

    Sayonara minato, Tsumugi no sato yo
    DON to icchou utao, funade no uta
    Kinpa-ginpa mo shibuki ni kaete
    Oretacha yuku zo, umi no kagiri

    Binkusu no sake wo, todoke ni yuku yo
    Warera kaizoku, umi watteku
    Nami wo makura ni, negura wa fune yo
    Ho ni hata ni ketateru wa dokuro

    Arashi ga kita zo, senri no sora ni
    Nami ga odoru yo, DORAMU narase
    Okubyoukaze ni fukarerya saigo
    Asu no asahi ga nai ja nashi

    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,

    Binkusu no sake wo, todoke ni yuku yo
    Kyou ka asu ka to yoi no yume
    Te wo furu kage ni, mou aenai yo
    Nani wo kuyokuyo, asu mo tsukuyo

    Binkusu no sake wo, todoke ni yuku yo
    DON to icchou utao, unaba no uta
    Douse dare demo itsuka wa hone yo
    Hatenashi, atenashi, waraibanashi

    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho,
    Yo-hohoho, Yo-hohoho.


    Grace flared her tail in the tone of the song, as Hallow sung,

    When he stopped, a loud thud was heard from across the room,
    In a serious tone he said,
    "We aren't alone,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:28 AM.

  7. #332
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – You and Chainsaw, a delivery Skarmory, approach the lighthouse with negativity nagging at your gut. From further away, the lighthouse obviously seemed less intimidating. Yes, it was abandoned, but it didn’t look that bad on the exterior and if the light was on, something must have been keeping it going no matter what the locals said! Besides, you and your partner had taken on errands in all kinds of areas and situations. A lighthouse in a bustling tourist spot was nothing for the pair of you!

    Whether that’s true or not, you’ve travelled a long way, and there was no point in walking away now. Chainsaw will protect you if anything does happen to go wrong. You breathe out in an attempt to relax yourself, running a hand anxiously through your locks, before going over the threshold and up the stairs. It’s incredibly dark, and luckily, there is a railing to stop you toppling over the side. The light might be on in the top compartment, but there is nothing else here to guide you but the moonlight and distant lamposts spilling in from mucky, unwashed windows. The ocean wind howls up the tower like a fierce Houndoom, and you’re sure that you caught the sound of fluttering wings or scurrying around you.

    Just because there aren’t people here, does not mean you are alone...

    What do you do?

    [/color][/SIZE]
    Suchiru let out a breath of relief, clutching onto the railing for dear life. She didn't know how strong the thing was, but it had saved her from falling into... whatever was beyond the railing. Slowly, she looped an arm around Chainsaw's neck, who growled in annoyance, perhaps at her trainer's weakness. The pair slowly made their way forwards into the deep darkness, hoping that the tiny amount of light would guide them true. Suchiru froze, terrified, as the sound of... things above them. However, once it was over, and silence ruled once more, she continued forwards. It seemed that she had bitten off more than she could chew with this one...
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  8. #333
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Hello, my lovely updatees! With you as my bunch, I'm already at my cap! Lucky you! Hopefully you'll enjoy what I come up with. ^^ Don't forget to link to your stats in every post if it's not already in your signatures! Thankies!

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – In an attempt to bond with your newly-confident Yanmega, you’ve taken a break alone in Whale Island just the two of you. You’ve even come across the perfect spot: a freshwater lake, where families and tourists come to have picnics or observe Pokemon in their natural habitat, like the baby Yanma that zipped by your ear just now, drinking and rippling at the cool water’s surface. The two of you converse, and you try to get through to Surgei, but in the end, he leaves you behind to put those mighty wings of his to good use.

    ‘I don’t understand,’ You think to yourself with sorrow, face perfectly concealing your inner distress. You’re a confident person who likes to be on top, and even if you probably won’t see any of these locals again, they will not get a clue to your true self, ‘Why does Surgei keep pushing me away? He was so self-conscious when he was a Yanma. Now that he is a Yanmega, he has so much more confidence in himself. But why is he pushing me away?’

    You start to ponder your predicament, but the giggle of two young children among a happily unit of four steal you from your thoughts. A Teddiursa has emerged from the brush, and they are feeding it some sandwiches. The Pokemon here are probably used to such treatment by now. But that doesn’t make them nice. The family pet the Teddiursa, but the parents try to keep it from their food any longer. Its response is to use a Scratch attack, sharp claws tearing through clothing as screaming breaks out the people move back, watching a perfectly executed Covet swipe a picnic basket. The children are both in helpless tears, and the Teddiursa isn’t even fleeing – it’s heading straight for a panicked bystander! This Teddiursa clearly knows what it’s doing.

    But do you know what you’re going to do?
    Blaze wondered about Surgei's distant attitude lately, and pondered quite a bit on it. 'Maybe it has something to do with his time in the Battle of Stalingrad. Did something happen then that scarred him for life...and his new life?' His thoughts was interrupted, however, by the giggles of two kids that were nearby. Blaze looked over in the general direction of the sound, and see a happy family of four who are out on a pick-a-nick. It was a mother, father, and two little kids, fraternal twins about six years old. They were feeding a Teddiursa some sandwiches from their food, and the Teddiursa was happily munching away at the sandwiches. It had a pleased look on its face, and the family was equally as happy as having its company. Blaze took out his Pokedex, and scanned the Teddiursa.

    Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokemon

    It lets honey soak into its paws so it can lick them all the time. Every set of paws tastes unique.
    The family was petting the Teddiursa, something that the kids particularly enjoyed. The Teddiursa seemed happy for the food and the attention. The parents then were trying to keep the rest of the food away. Obviously because they wanted to eat too, and the little bear could not eat that much, right? But, the Teddiursa's mood completely changed. It got angry and SCRATCHED at the mother, leaving large tears in her blouse. The family ran away in panic as the Teddiursa delightfully COVETED the pick-a-nick basket, snatching it away from the family. Blaze got up just then to get a better view, when he saw that instead of retreating into the woods, the Teddiursa goes to attack an innocent and panicked bystander, presumably for his food. 'This Teddiursa knows what it is doing. But, there is something else here...' Blaze thought.

    Blaze saw that the kids were in helpless tears over the attack, and the family was in a big distress. But, more importantly was the bystander, who needed protection from the rampaging bear. Blaze ran off in a sprint at the impending attack, dirt picking up at his heels as he pushed his body to the limit. One of the things that Marche, his Geodude always held to his heart was protecting the weak and innocent, something Blaze had taken in as well. Blaze put two fingers to his mouth, and whistled out to Surgei. Surgei heard the noise, and obediently came over to Blaze, twitting back and forth. "Have I got your back in this?" "Of course. You are my trainer." Blaze and Surgei ran towards the Teddiursa, with the full intention of stopping him before he could cause more harm to anyone else.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  9. #334
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    Amphy – “There are no such things as ghosts! Advance!”

    Your Cherubi has released himself from his Poke Ball, a habit that you feel is becoming more and more frequent as time has passed. Most Pokemon don’t even speak, but at age fifteen, you feel a little humiliated that his fluency in human language would match most college under and postgraduates. You’re the relaxed type, and the calming crashing of waves against an untarnished shoreline should help. Cherubi, and the giant shipwreck in front of you, has negated such effect.

    You consider coming up with another argument, but have also decided that this adventure was inevitable. The Pokemon you retrieved from the Cable Club that glorious day would just outwit your whinging, and so, in a cowardly manner, you take baby steps in your red sneakers through a broken opening.

    The ship looks beautiful even in its shadowed condition. Your shoes have already begun to squelch from the water that’s seeped inside, and every time the current comes in, more water seeps through. It’s not the best place in Whale Island you could have come, quite frankly, but if myths and legends are true at all... Perhaps you could have the last laugh.
    If you stay, you can not only prove to Cherubi that you’re a brave little soldier, but maybe that science isn’t always right. After all, in such a place, shouldn’t there at least be a single Krabby in a corner or Zubat hanging from the ceiling? There’s not a single, annoyingly common species in sight!

    How... Supernatural?

    Perhaps.

    After finally having approached the ship, with thanks to a certain annoying Cherubi and other things, Shiro found a hole in the ship, and decided to step inside in a careful manner, although some would call it cowardly instead of careful.

    In the instant Shiro stepped inside the Black Swan, he heard water splash everywhere, and he's shoes started to resemble sponges than shoes.
    "Tell me one thing, Cherubi." Shiro suddenly said.
    "What is it that you want to know?" Cherubi responded as calmly as he could, trying to not look astonished by the sudden question.
    "If there is nothing scientifically wrong with this ship, then where have all the Zubats and such disappeared? Shiro asked, trying his best not to look frightened by his sudden realization.
    "Good question. Maybe they are experiencing their mating season currently, and thus don't have time to inhabit old ships? Cherubi answered calmly, just realing this fact himself.

    What would await the two inside the ship? Something supernatural?

    Perhaps.

  10. #335
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Storyness #2

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You start looking over the ship for an entrance into the ship, but before you can decide on the safest or easiest route, it begins to pour down with rain. “I guess there’s nowhere else to go now.” You say, gathering Vulpix close and taking a mighty leap to get inside. Looking around, the beauty seems more tragic with the grey, drenched backdrop, and the cause of the wreck appears to be the gaping cannon ball breaks across the interior.

    “You know, Grace, there’s a song that pirates used to sing when they ventured into dangerous seas seeking adventure. The song is meant to uplift the spirits of those who sing it.” You tell the shivering fox. Whether or not your voice carries talent or not, your song appears to help her nerves. She bobs and flares her tail to the beat. Your song finishes, but it appears to have fixed the silence problem. You almost drop the lit torch onto the floor, but just catch it before it slips through your fingers. Something had made an ominous, thudding sound.

    “We aren’t alone.” You say suddenly, and Vulpix shudders. It came from across the room, and worriedly, you inch to the other side. Nothing appears to be there. “Did it come from above?” You ask your companion, who pouts a scared, “Vul...”

    The thumping comes again, this time for a set of rickety stairs down a right-hand hallway, visible through a cannon-made hole. Whatever is taunting you, it’s up those stairs. Maybe it’s best to brave the rain and flee, but then again... Now you’re here...

    Amphy – Cherubi suggests to you that the missing Zubats may be experiencing their mating season at the moment, and don’t have time to inhabit old ships. That may be true, but ships are close enough to dark caves in this condition, and there would probably still be enough of the winged creatures for it to not be completely abandoned.

    You look around at the layout, water swishing about your legs and wetting your clothes as you nose about, finding nothing much of value. Moss and sand have sludged together against the sides, and you go into the dining room, where not all of the tatty old cutlery has been robbed or swept away yet.

    “Human, I sense something!” Your Pokemon announces rather condescendingly, catching you off guard.Indeed, the grass type is getting a funny feeling, attracting him towards the opposite side of the fallen ship. Reaching there will be tricky seeing as it’s on its side, but it wouldn’t be impossible as long as you’re not hopeless about things. “We need to go towards the other side of the ship! Something worthwhile is waiting there! Something that might be more valuable than you!”

    Lovely.

    The Lighthouse

    DeadLion – Your Skarmory growls in annoyance as you clutch her round the neck, attempting to keep yourself safe, steadied and remembering to breathe. You are certain now that something is there, but you just don’t know what. Feeling like you’ve bitten off more than you can chew, you carry on until reach a hallway. The window to one side casts light across the room, in which there isn’t a staircase, but a life that covers part of the distance. You don’t really care about this, however, instead jumping back and almost taking a tumble – it’s Chainsaw that prevents you dropping to your death on the ground floor.

    Two skeletons flank the lift, with not a shred of meat left on their forms. They look burnt, but all the pieces are there. The lift itself is there, but there’s no electricity to power it, if you can even open the doors. What had entered the lighthouse was a Woobat, which is screeching loudly and flying around the ceiling.

    Maybe you should turn back. Whatever is powering this light house doesn’t seem to encourage visitors.

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “Are you with me on this?” You ask your Yanmega, who hovers faithfully by your side. You’ve pushed your body to the limits just putting yourself between the bystander (who is frozen in fear), and the Teddiursa, that betrays the stereotypical, cute disposition they are normally characterised with. Halting its charge, the normal-type leers menacingly at the pair of you, following up with an arrogant sneer to your choice of battle partner.

    Surgei may be more confident as a Yanmega, but even Teddiursa knows that their levels are evenly matched. Being a wild Pokemon, and a troublemaker at that, it has also had plenty of battle experience. Teddiursa thinks you are easy prey, and that it can take you. Waiting no longer, the petite opponent goes in, aiming a heavy Scratch to the bug’s eyes.

  11. #336
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Amphy – Cherubi suggests to you that the missing Zubats may be experiencing their mating season at the moment, and don’t have time to inhabit old ships. That may be true, but ships are close enough to dark caves in this condition, and there would probably still be enough of the winged creatures for it to not be completely abandoned.

    You look around at the layout, water swishing about your legs and wetting your clothes as you nose about, finding nothing much of value. Moss and sand have sludged together against the sides, and you go into the dining room, where not all of the tatty old cutlery has been robbed or swept away yet.

    “Human, I sense something!” Your Pokemon announces rather condescendingly, catching you off guard. Indeed, the grass type is getting a funny feeling, attracting him towards the opposite side of the fallen ship. Reaching there will be tricky seeing as it’s on its side, but it wouldn’t be impossible as long as you’re not hopeless about things. “We need to go towards the other side of the ship! Something worthwhile is waiting there! Something that might be more valuable than you!”

    Lovely.
    After the argument, Shiro and Cherubi winded up in the abandoned dining room. Shiro started looking around the dining room, enchanced by all the cutlery, that probably had been golden in their finest days, nowadays only tatty on the outside, and tatty in the inside.

    "Human, I sense something! We need to go towards the other side of the ship!" Cherubi suddenly announced condescendingly.
    "Hmm? Sure, I see nothing more of importance here." Shiro replied calmly, trying to keep himself from smacking Cherubi as an act of "Learn some manners, you!"
    Before proceeding, however, Shiro grabbed a tatty plate and a knife, shield and sword, some would call it. With his new knight equipment, and a mean Cherubi, Sir Shiro the Brave stepped onward.

    Cowardly.

    (Out of topic: Gotta love those knight moments filled with sarcasm )

  12. #337
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    The Lighthouse

    DeadLion – Your Skarmory growls in annoyance as you clutch her round the neck, attempting to keep yourself safe, steadied and remembering to breathe. You are certain now that something is there, but you just don’t know what. Feeling like you’ve bitten off more than you can chew, you carry on until reach a hallway. The window to one side casts light across the room, in which there isn’t a staircase, but a life that covers part of the distance. You don’t really care about this, however, instead jumping back and almost taking a tumble – it’s Chainsaw that prevents you dropping to your death on the ground floor.

    Two skeletons flank the lift, with not a shred of meat left on their forms. They look burnt, but all the pieces are there. The lift itself is there, but there’s no electricity to power it, if you can even open the doors. What had entered the lighthouse was a Woobat, which is screeching loudly and flying around the ceiling.

    Maybe you should turn back. Whatever is powering this light house doesn’t seem to encourage visitors.
    Suchiru leapt back, still attached securely to Chainsaw , a strangled scream, "S-Skeleton!"
    Shakily regaining her breath, Suchiru evaluated the situation. There were a pair of skeletons, and a Woobat. Chainsaw growled, and it seemed to Suchiru that the steel bird wanted to pick a fight. She slowly released her grip on Chainsaw, making sure that she had sure footing this time - Tumbling to a pancakey death wasn't on her list of things to do in life.

    Suchiru cast another glance around the room, finally able to see in the dim light that illuminated the room, and decided that the skeletons would probably be the biggest threat here, though she wasn't going to ignore the Woobat. Suchiru reckoned that she should try diplomacy first.
    "Hello there?" She called, trying to keep the shake from her voice.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  13. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meetan View Post
    the black swan

    takeo – you start looking over the ship for an entrance into the ship, but before you can decide on the safest or easiest route, it begins to pour down with rain. “i guess there’s nowhere else to go now.” you say, gathering vulpix close and taking a mighty leap to get inside. Looking around, the beauty seems more tragic with the grey, drenched backdrop, and the cause of the wreck appears to be the gaping cannon ball breaks across the interior.

    “you know, grace, there’s a song that pirates used to sing when they ventured into dangerous seas seeking adventure. The song is meant to uplift the spirits of those who sing it.” you tell the shivering fox. Whether or not your voice carries talent or not, your song appears to help her nerves. She bobs and flares her tail to the beat. Your song finishes, but it appears to have fixed the silence problem. You almost drop the lit torch onto the floor, but just catch it before it slips through your fingers. Something had made an ominous, thudding sound.

    “we aren’t alone.” you say suddenly, and vulpix shudders. It came from across the room, and worriedly, you inch to the other side. Nothing appears to be there. “did it come from above?” you ask your companion, who pouts a scared, “vul...”

    the thumping comes again, this time for a set of rickety stairs down a right-hand hallway, visible through a cannon-made hole. Whatever is taunting you, it’s up those stairs. Maybe it’s best to brave the rain and flee, but then again... Now you’re here...



    Worriedly, Hallow inched to the other side. Nothing appeared to be there. “did it come from above?” he asked his companion, who pouted a scared, “Vul...”

    The thumping came again, Hallow turned to the direction of the noise, this time form a set of rickety stairs down a right-hand hallway, which was visible through a cannon-made hole.
    Taking a peek through it, Hallow saw nothing, giving his Vuplix, Grace, a questionable look.

    Whatever it is, it was taunting him,
    and
    it's up those stairs, He thought,

    He turned to look at Grace, who was now hiding behind his legs,
    "Hey now, there's nothing to be scared of,"
    He kneed down, careful not to drop the torch, and patted her on her head,
    "Remember those old horror movies we used to watch together late at night?,"
    Vulpix gave a, "Vul..," confirming his question,
    "Those were nothing more then actors, props, and scary sound effects, that made us jump in fear,"
    Vulpix gave another, "Vul!," this time a bit more happier,
    "There's an explanation for everything,"
    "So now..," lifting himself off the ground,
    "We're going up those stairs, find out what's trying to scare us and why!,"



    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:07 AM.

  14. #339
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Story Batch #3

    The Black Swan

    Amph – Wielding a tatty plate and knife like a cowardly knight, your Cherubi and yourself proceed towards the other side of the ship. The further through you go, you find that the depth of water increases, so far that if you carry on, it will reach your waist and even higher. The water slows you down, too. If you follow Cherubi’s hunch, you will have to swim under the murky salt water, and your sidekick can’t handle the water the same way you can. Heck, with the salt agitating your eyes, you may even be swimming blindly.

    “I’m not really equipped for this.” You grumble hopelessly, awaiting more criticism from the braver of the two of you. You notice that even in the parts of the ship predominantly drowned, there is still not even a Magikarp or Basculin in sight, or even something like a Krabby or odd Wingull. If this doesn’t prove something amiss, what will?

    “Are you sure about this, Cherubi?” You ask anxiously, “If we keep going, I don’t think you’ll be able to stay out of your Poke Ball like this...”

    Takeo – Your Vulpix is scared, hiding behind your legs. You’ve watched enough scary movies together to put ideas in Grace’s head. “Those were nothing more than actors, props and scary sound effects that made us jump in fear.” You explain, and her back channel this time is more positive, “There’s an explanation for everything.” Confidence rekindled, you add, “We’re going up those stairs, we’ll find out what’s trying to scare us, and why!”

    You march onwards, having even inspired yourself, with Vulpix in tow. You go up the rickety stairs, and it creaks painfully, setting you on edge. It doesn’t feel as stable as it looks, which, in retrospect, is not very safe at all. You slow down, cautious again, taking each step as it comes. Vulpix does the same, a step behind. As the top draws closer, relief begins to sink in, until the fire-type’s scream breaks through the intimidating silence, and so does crashing wood. Grace has fallen down a hole, the step having caved in. You almost lose your balance, and manage to just about catch yourself, as there is not even a railing to save you now. Luckily, fear made you grip the torch tighter, not lose it by accident. You have this, at least, but Grace is obscured by the shadows.

    What do you do?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Diplomacy is taught throughout life to be the best policy in all situations, so despite Skarmory’s eagerness, this is what you try. “Hello there?” You call, now seperated from Chainsaw, who growls threateningly under her breath, tense. At first, the Woobat seems content to ignore you, its little wings flapping in a constant effort to keep afloat. You frown at this, and check your Pokedex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    ‘The heart-shaped mark left on a body after a woobat has been attached to it is said to bring good fortune.’
    “Huh,” You say, puzzled. “A Woobat isn’t supposed to be in a lighthouse like this. Maybe it got stuck in here from the forest... Or a cave.” You add, really left at a blank. But at least it isn’t like seeing an Absol – this Pokemon could give you good fortune, even if it tries to take a swoop or a chomp at you!

    You’re a little at a loss of how to proceed next, with the Woobat strangely inhabiting the Lighthouse, between you and an essentially broken lift. There’s a short time where you do nothing, and then the Woobat lights up in a violet aura. This aura reaches the skeletons. They crackle and knock together, clumsily coming to life before your eyes, their empty sockets locking onto the only other targets in the room aside from the Woobat: you. Not even Chainsaw. You.

    In a flurry of motion, they clumsily make for an attack. What do you do?

    ~~

    Plight of Leon: Look here.

    Poketim: Look here.
    Last edited by Meetan; 12th September 2012 at 8:11 PM.

  15. #340
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan
    Takeo – Your Vulpix is scared, hiding behind your legs. You’ve watched enough scary movies together to put ideas in Grace’s head. “Those were nothing more than actors, props and scary sound effects that made us jump in fear.” You explain, and her back channel this time is more positive, “There’s an explanation for everything.” Confidence rekindled, you add, “We’re going up those stairs, we’ll find out what’s trying to scare us, and why!”

    You march onwards, having even inspired yourself, with Vulpix in tow. You go up the rickety stairs, and it creaks painfully, setting you on edge. It doesn’t feel as stable as it looks, which, in retrospect, is not very safe at all. You slow down, cautious again, taking each step as it comes. Vulpix does the same, a step behind. As the top draws closer, relief begins to sink in, until the fire-type’s scream breaks through the intimidating silence, and so does crashing wood. Grace has fallen down a hole, the step having caved in. You almost lose your balance, and manage to just about catch yourself, as there is not even a railing to save you now. Luckily, fear made you grip the torch tighter, not lose it by accident. You have this, at least, but Grace is obscured by the shadows.

    What do you do?
    Having even inspired himself, he marched onward, with Vulpix in tow.
    Hallow walked up the rickety stairs, it creaked painfully, setting him on edge.
    "It doesn’t feel as stable as it looks," he mumbled to himself,
    Which, in retrospect, was not very safe at all. He slowed down, cautiously, taking each step as it came. Vulpix did the same, just a step behind him.

    As the top drew closer, relief began to set in, that was, until the fire-type’s scream broke through the intimidating silence, the staircase had swallowed her whole, a loud crash of wood followed.
    Hallow almost lost his balance, and managed to just about catch himself, as there was not even a railing to save him. Luckily, fear made him grip the torch tighter, he had this, at least,
    but Grace was lost to the shadows.

    There was now a great gaping hole where the staircase used to be,
    "GRACEEEEEEEEEE!," Hallow yelled, hoping to get a response,
    Hallow flashed the torch close enough to light the hole,
    there was only complete darkness,
    Hallow jumped into the hole, without thinking,

    "I'm not going to lose you," he promised.


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:09 AM.

  16. #341
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Diplomacy is taught throughout life to be the best policy in all situations, so despite Skarmory’s eagerness, this is what you try. “Hello there?” You call, now seperated from Chainsaw, who growls threateningly under her breath, tense. At first, the Woobat seems content to ignore you, its little wings flapping in a constant effort to keep afloat. You frown at this, and check your Pokedex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    ‘The heart-shaped mark left on a body after a woobat has been attached to it is said to bring good fortune.’
    “Huh,” You say, puzzled. “A Woobat isn’t supposed to be in a lighthouse like this. Maybe it got stuck in here from the forest... Or a cave.” You add, really left at a blank. But at least it isn’t like seeing an Absol – this Pokemon could give you good fortune, even if it tries to take a swoop or a chomp at you!

    You’re a little at a loss of how to proceed next, with the Woobat strangely inhabiting the Lighthouse, between you and an essentially broken lift. There’s a short time where you do nothing, and then the Woobat lights up in a violet aura. This aura reaches the skeletons. They crackle and knock together, clumsily coming to life before your eyes, their empty sockets locking onto the only other targets in the room aside from the Woobat: you. Not even Chainsaw. You.

    In a flurry of motion, they clumsily make for an attack. What do you do?

    "Chainsaw! Attack the Woobat with Peck!" Suchiru shouted the order before she had time to think. The Woobat seemed to be controlling the skeletons, so if Chainsaw took the little bat out, then hopefully, the skeletons would stop moving around, and do what bones were supposed to do. Nothing. She hoped that Chainsaw would understand what she wanted her to do...

    Bringing her focus in on the matter at hand, Suchiru backed away a little from the advancing skeletons, and tried to dredge up knowledge from some badly filmed martial-arts tutorial video that she'd watched a few years back. She got herself into what might have been a defensive stance, and watched her enemy's advance, preparing to try to hold her own, at least until her bird had stopped the source of the attack. At least, she hoped it was the source, otherwise she knew a certain human and pokemon that would be getting a proper battering.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  17. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Tales #4

    The Black Swan

    Takeo - You let out a mighty scream for Grace, heart pounding wildly. You don’t think, but instead act, following your instinct and jumping down. It feels like the drop takes forever, but it does not, and you land on damp wooden flooring. The water doesn’t help too much. Your back hurts and your ankle stings, then aches strongly with pain, as does one of your wrists. You’re lucky not to have broken anything, as moving any of your limbs will let you know that they can be moved, but sprains? Definitely.

    Looking round, there is splashing as Vulpix races first for the torch – miraculously still lit, but a short distance out of reach – and then she runs straght to her trainer, crying softly from shock and relief at the fact that you’re alright. “Vul, Vul, Vulpix~~!” She calls, snuggling close, nosing at you. You’re in the deepest part of the ship now, but if you were to search, you’ll find that all other rooms are far more submerged than this, as you distance yourself from the shoreline and trek to the shallows – or what should be shallow.

    Despite the water, that miraculously lit torch betrays you. Its weak flame suddenly seems to regain strength, growing bigger. And bigger. And bigger. Soon, it will touch the ceiling... And even with the damp...

    What’s the explanation for this, exactly?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – At first, Skarmory carries doubt. The skeletons look far more threatening, and immediately so, than that silly Woobat. However, Chainsaw seems to have caught on, and tries to take two birds with one stone: the steel bird surges forward to break through the skeletons before flying upwards sharply to Peck the Woobat. The two skeletons break formation and stumble before recuperating and running right for you – to give you a proper battering.

    The Woobat is clumsy, clearly, and not quite itself. It doesn’t even look ready for a confrontation. Its solution to Skarmory is to drop height, almost hitting the floor, forcing Skarmory to beat her wings and try not to smack into the wall. Her beak takes a little knock but she’s alright, not taking much damage at all. The Woobat tries to recover itself but seems a little startled, and responds to Skarmory by firing a Supersonic attack. You’re preoccupied by the skeletons, and your flying ally does not look pleased – Chainsaw is enjoying the confrontation, just a little bit. What do you do?

    ((All other updatees, look to the bottom of the previous page.))

  18. #343
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: “Sorry for the interruption folks”, Terri announces down the tannoy, “and without further ado, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the amazing Shamu!” The crowd starts to roar with excitement which muffles down through the clear waters. Sat slack on the Wailord’s tongue you can’t help feeling overcome with nerves. You’d gone through the improvised routine with the whale and it was now in his fins to deliver a show stopping performance. As Shamu rises through the water you count down in your head... Three, two, one... Suddenly splashes of white foam erupt from the water as the blue whale surfaces, water running off its huge body. You hastily slip out of its mouth as it belches up a Mist of white smoke which billows across the waterfront to a rapture of oohs and aahs. The sound team are right on the ball as the arena starts to fill with mysterious music, slowly building as it fills the air with suspense. With Shamu nothing but a silhouette you swim a safe distance to the edge of the tank so not to be crushed. The music suddenly builds to a climax and Wailord takes flight! Bouncing out of the white veil and into the stratosphere you watch in awe as the float whale Pokémon clears hundreds of feet before slumping back down. The crowd breaks into applause as the Pokémon starts hurtling back into the arena with building momentum... But Shamu isn’t finished yet! He tails off the combo by Spurting Water from his blowhole like a fountain – soaking everyone in the audience. The crowd goes wild as the white jets rain down, cheering and whistling filling you with a great deal of satisfaction until... You hear a faint chopping growing louder, and before you have time to sweep the skies the Wailord comes bombing into the water with a massive splash – the force of which pulling you under.

    You race back to the surface, suspicions of Team Aqua’s final gambit starting to grow in your head. As you break through the threshold with a gasp of air the atmosphere couldn’t be any different. People in the crowd were screaming and shuffling toward the exits, Poochyena yapping them into an orderly line. The chopping sound was ringing in your ears, and following it to the sky you spot jet black apache helicopter with a blue ‘A’ painted on its doors. Recognising the turquoise insignia as the sign of Team Aqua, you instinctively bowl out of the tank and onto dry land. The chopping of the helicopter blades starts to move closer toward the pool which was now rippling in the blustering wind of the apache. Paralysed with fear and curiosity you watch as the doors whoosh open and a bundle of black ropes shoot down to the water’s surface. The tassels home into Shamu, the whale moaning helplessly as they bind around his fins giving him no leeway. The helicopter starts picking up altitude again, the water rising around the blue whale as it’s slowly lifted out of the water! Now was the time for action, your eyes sweep across the arena and find a set of ladders leading to the scaffolding where the lights were dangled from. From such a high vantage you might stand a good chance at stopping the helicopter. Before you can set the plan into motion, a redheaded woman sporting an Aqua uniform interrupts your chain of thought. “What do you think you’re doin’! Get in line with the rest of ‘em!” If the grunt’s threatening tone wasn’t enough, her barking Poochyena and snapping Corphish might be enough to stop you in your tracks. What will you do?

    Joshua had to admit, Shamu was a consummate professional, following his orders to perfection, and putting on a delightful show for the crowd around him. Bonus points to the sound team for just rolling with the Mist thing. Perhaps it was part of Raine's usual routine, he wasn't sure. But either way, the audience loved it, and Joshua beamed with pride; the awesome feeling of a crowd's applause causing his heart to swell... Until Shamu came down with a gigantic crash, pulling Joshua underwater again. Damn you physics! Still, that had been a lot less graceful than he was expecting... And there had been a strange sound before it happened. Aqua's last stand? Good, he'd been waiting for this. The stadium was a very different place as Joshua broke through to the surface again - the patrons were being herded out by grunts and their Poochyenas (of all things, someone had to have something to stand up to them, surely...), and a helicopter was flying above the stadium. That would explain the strange sound. Ready for action, Joshua bailed out of the tank and moved his hand to his wetsuit's pocket to grab his Pokéballs. He waited to see what the helicopter was about to do, though he had a hunch, immediately proven correct. Team Aqua was attempting to kidnap Shamu. And with Raine incapped and everyone in the audience apparently completely incompetent, it was up to Joshua to do something. The helicopter was starting to take off, and he needed a vantage point to stop it... The scaffolding beside the tank would do, he could climb the ladder and work from there.

    “What do you think you’re doin’! Get in line with the rest of ‘em!” A redheaded Aqua grunt with a Poochyena and a Corphish. He didn't have time for this - the helicopter would get away. Yes, Shamu's weight would probably slow its ascent considerably, but even so...

    "Aegis my friend, I need you again!" The Squirtle was clearly tired from his earlier excursions, but Joshua had no choice. And what he was about to do was slightly... Frowned upon, but desperate times, desperate measures. Besides, Aqua grunts probably had it coming. "Aegis, blind her with Muddy Water and let's make a break for the ladder! We can deal with her and her Pokémon later, but we need to stop that chopper!"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  19. #344
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “Are you with me on this?” You ask your Yanmega, who hovers faithfully by your side. You’ve pushed your body to the limits just putting yourself between the bystander (who is frozen in fear), and the Teddiursa, that betrays the stereotypical, cute disposition they are normally characterised with. Halting its charge, the normal-type leers menacingly at the pair of you, following up with an arrogant sneer to your choice of battle partner.

    Surgei may be more confident as a Yanmega, but even Teddiursa knows that their levels are evenly matched. Being a wild Pokemon, and a troublemaker at that, it has also had plenty of battle experience. Teddiursa thinks you are easy prey, and that it can take you. Waiting no longer, the petite opponent goes in, aiming a heavy Scratch to the bug’s eyes.
    Surgei and Blaze raced down towards the Teddiursa, both going at their bodies extremes to make sure that they got there in time. His heart was pounding almost near out of his chest, his lungs ached and burned from the exertion, his muscles in hot pain. Surgei was not nearly as tired as Blaze was, since he was a dragonfly and was used to flying at high speeds. The bystander stood frozen in fear as the Teddiursa noticed them. He gives a snicker as he notices the low level of Surgei, and thinks that the battle is going to be a kicker. He gives them both a LEER, which while it doesn't give either of them the willies, it does stop them in our tracks. He may have been have been a teddy bear, but, it showed crazy confidence, and wanted to battle them. Which was okay with him. They had no problem going rough with a troublemaker. He charges at them with his paw outstretched, ready to SCRATCH at Surgei large eyes.

    "Alright, Surgei, we are going to need some good teamwork here. First, fly out of its attack range. I don't think it has any ranged attacks, which gives us the obvious advantage." "You bet. A ground fighter is helpless to an air assault." "So, you see where I am going. Give it two ANCIENTPOWERs so that we can attack and stay safe!"
    Last edited by Plight of Leon; 13th September 2012 at 1:17 AM.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  20. #345
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo - You let out a mighty scream for Grace, heart pounding wildly. You don’t think, but instead act, following your instinct and jumping down. It feels like the drop takes forever, but it does not, and you land on damp wooden flooring. The water doesn’t help too much. Your back hurts and your ankle stings, then aches strongly with pain, as does one of your wrists. You’re lucky not to have broken anything, as moving any of your limbs will let you know that they can be moved, but sprains? Definitely.

    Looking round, there is splashing as Vulpix races first for the torch – miraculously still lit, but a short distance out of reach – and then she runs straght to her trainer, crying softly from shock and relief at the fact that you’re alright. “Vul, Vul, Vulpix~~!” She calls, snuggling close, nosing at you. You’re in the deepest part of the ship now, but if you were to search, you’ll find that all other rooms are far more submerged than this, as you distance yourself from the shoreline and trek to the shallows – or what should be shallow.

    Despite the water, that miraculously lit torch betrays you. Its weak flame suddenly seems to regain strength, growing bigger. And bigger. And bigger. Soon, it will touch the ceiling... And even with the damp...

    What’s the explanation for this, exactly?

    The drop felt like it lasted forever, in reality, it took 5 seconds,
    Hallow landed on a damp wood flooring, the surrounding body of water didn’t make for a soft landing.
    "Damn, my back hurts, my ankle stings," Hallow whined, "even my wrists hurt,"
    Hallow slowly sat up, moving his limbs to check if anything was broken, "Looks like everything is in working order,"

    Hallow was now trapped in the deepest part of the ship,
    He looked up to the ceiling where both he and Grace both crash landed from, "I hope that wasn't a one way trip,"

    "Right!, where's Grace!," he focused on the problem at hand,
    He looked around, finding a fiery shadow running, leaving splashes of water behind,
    Vulpix raced first for the torch, which was miraculously still lit, and a short distance out of reach,
    She then ran straight to Hallow, crying softly from shock and relief at the fact that he was alright, “Vul, Vul, Vulpix~~!” She cried, snuggling close, and nuzzling him,
    He patted her head, "I'm fine, just a couple of bumps and bruises," he laughed lighty,

    "Argh," Hallow stood up, "I bet its useless to look into any of the other rooms, they're all probably more submerged in water than this one...,"
    He distanced himself from the shoreline and trekked to the shallows – or what should of been shallow...,

    Despite the water, the miraculously lit torch was still burning,
    Its weak flame suddenly seemed to be alive, growing bigger. And bigger. And bigger.

    "What's going on!?,"
    Soon, it would touch the ceiling... And even with the damp...this doesn't make sense!, he thought,
    "If this continues the whole ship will burn!,"

    Vuplix cried, "Vul!," in amazement,
    "Now, I'm sure there's a logically explanation for this...," He tried to tell her,
    distancing themselves away from the flames,
    "...and when I think of it, you'll be the first to know...,"
    Vuplix cried, "Vul!,"
    "For now lets just get rid of these flames,"
    But he had no water pokemon, let alone any other pokemon on hand,
    "I got it!,"
    Vulpix had a special ability that allowed her to take heat from any surrounding fire or lava,
    No heat = No fire
    "Grace!, use FLASH FIRE,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:20 AM.

  21. #346
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Rapid-Fire Stories #5

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa’s attempt at a Scratch attack fails as Surgei speeds away at the last minute, flying high in the air to use an Ancient Power, followed by yet another. The rocks in the area all rise up, some even being pulled from under the ground, all aimed for the little bear. It’s speedy, and dodges a few angrily, but this doesn’t garentee safety. Eventually, the Pokemon is hit, crying and wailing as it rolls across the floor.

    The attack does some damage, but not enough. Surgei may be safe out of the way, but you aren’t. This crazy confident Teddiursa has realised that it can’t reach the dragonfly, but it Leers at you, and then goes to Scratch you all over your body and face. Most Pokemon don’t focus on human targets if a battle’s been clearly established, but this one clearly doesn’t care for the rules of the world.

    What do you do?

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – As the flame ever increases in size, you gasp and stare in horror. ‘If this continues, the whole ship would burn.’ You realise, watching as, indeed, the fire licks at the floorboards above you. It’s all wet, so it hasn’t had an effect just yet, but you realse that it’s only a matter of time.

    Grace cries as you point out that while there’s a logical explanation for all this, you have yet to come up with it. You have, however, come up with a solution for the immediate threat. “Grace! Use Flash Fire!” The Vulpix tries to concentrate, and executes her ability, absorbing the heat from the water and from the towering fire. The damage sustained from the fall is gradually depleting, bringing Grace back to full health. The room is becoming colder as the fire extinguishes, and you are both left in the hull of the ship, and the cold dark, alone.

  22. #347
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Hello, my lovely updatees! With you as my bunch, I'm already at my cap! Lucky you! Hopefully you'll enjoy what I come up with. ^^ Don't forget to link to your stats in every post if it's not already in your signatures! Thankies!

    The Black Swan

    Poketim – Acting isn’t a fun thing for all people, but it is for you. After overhearing about a cruise liner that had sunk to the ocean depths, you and your little crew set out in a tiny boat, and you’re the captain. Your first mate, a Joltik called Jitterz, has overstepped his authority as first mate and returned to his little Pokebrig, but Krieg is still floating around you. You have no fault with him yet, and with that skull insignia on his purple tummy, he suits your scenario perfectly!

    Panting, worn out, you realise that you might have to take up the gym or some sort of sport before the pirate life is quite for you. Being a trainer does not automatically make you fit, unfortunately! You head over to the ‘Calypso’ once Koffing snaps you from your trance, and proceed through a hole in the ship’s hull.

    “Seems kind of rickety for a cruise liner. Where’s all the Pokemon?” You ask, and recieve no answer as you look around. There’s no obvious treasure to be seen. Time has taken its toll on the vessel, but you can vaguely see artistic carvings in some of the wood, and recognise some tatty pieces to have once been finer than others. Now, it all just looks like a jumbled mess. But still, once upon a time, the aristocracy had taken holidays and fine parties in this dump, so surely there were mysteries to be uncovered here?

    There is a door off to the left at the end of the room, at a slight angle seeing as the ship is collapsed. There is another straight ahead of you. Water drips, and you should remember that once the tide comes in, things could get a little gross. It is openly exposed. Which path do you take, or do you realise your mistake and take to the door?



    Brier placeed his hand on the now rotted carving, the life from them was gone. He moved from one wall to the next, examining the carvings on each as he went; every-so-often he would find some in better condition than the first and could tell they were more caringly designed. But these carving had long lost there value, the same of which could be said for the ship. It was barren. "I guess I should have known there wouldn't be any treasure, What wasn't lost to the sea would have easily been taken by Pirates. Sigh... Maybe I'm missing something." He imagened the parties that would have be attended by the rich, the music, the attire, the FOOD!

    *Drip* Weither it was the water seeping for the boat or from Brier's lips, the noise was enough to break him free from his daydream. "Man, again?" Brier wasn't one to daydream often, but to get lost in two within ten minutes of each other was enough to cause him some worry.

    "Koff." Krieger nugged him.

    "Huh?" Brier shifted his newly regain attention to the Koffing who inturn directed him towards Somn who had found a pair of doors. Walking over, Brier could see the age of the ship reflecting itself again in the doors. " Left or keep going straight? Somn, are you getting any feeling from either?"

    "Drowz." He shook his head.

    "Guess luck will show us where we need to go." Brier said reaching into his pocket for a coin. "Head straight, Tails left." *Ping* "What's it gonna be?" He waited for the coin to come back down and land in his out stretched hand. "Wha..." he sighed as the coin hit the side of his hand, and procided to tumble to the ground and roll. Brier unintentionally followed it through the door in front of him, stopping only after several yards beyond. "Well not what I had in mind, but oh well. Krieger, Somn get in here!" he yelled to the two crewmates who had become distracted by the dripping water, their age opposing that of the ship's.


    OoC: I brought this up to Amp that maybe we could ask to have our adventures merge paths later on. He sounded like he liked the idea, so i'm throwing out that option up you and him were willing.

  23. #348
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    [B]

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – At first, Skarmory carries doubt. The skeletons look far more threatening, and immediately so, than that silly Woobat. However, Chainsaw seems to have caught on, and tries to take two birds with one stone: the steel bird surges forward to break through the skeletons before flying upwards sharply to Peck the Woobat. The two skeletons break formation and stumble before recuperating and running right for you – to give you a proper battering.

    The Woobat is clumsy, clearly, and not quite itself. It doesn’t even look ready for a confrontation. Its solution to Skarmory is to drop height, almost hitting the floor, forcing Skarmory to beat her wings and try not to smack into the wall. Her beak takes a little knock but she’s alright, not taking much damage at all. The Woobat tries to recover itself but seems a little startled, and responds to Skarmory by firing a Supersonic attack. You’re preoccupied by the skeletons, and your flying ally does not look pleased – Chainsaw is enjoying the confrontation, just a little bit. What do you do?
    "Keep on Pecking Chainsaw!" Suchiru cried, kicking out viciously at her bony marauders, "I'm alright!"
    She clearly wasn't alright however - The attacking bones had proved to be a tougher opponent than she had realized. Her only aims now were to keep from dying, so she could give Chainsaw her orders, and to find some sort of weapon to use against the skeletons. She looked around for a while, though keeping at least some of her attention on defending herself from the skeletons. Suddenly, her eyes alighted on the lift. Of course! It was broken, so there had to be some sort of thing she could pull off of it. Suchiru took a breath, and leaped forwards, straight through her assailants, to reach said lift.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  24. #349
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Black Swan
    Takeo – As the flame ever increases in size, you gasp and stare in horror. ‘If this continues, the whole ship would burn.’ You realise, watching as, indeed, the fire licks at the floorboards above you. It’s all wet, so it hasn’t had an effect just yet, but you realse that it’s only a matter of time.

    Grace cries as you point out that while there’s a logical explanation for all this, you have yet to come up with it. You have, however, come up with a solution for the immediate threat. “Grace! Use Flash Fire!” The Vulpix tries to concentrate, and executes her ability, absorbing the heat from the water and from the towering fire. The damage sustained from the fall is gradually depleting, bringing Grace back to full health. The room is becoming colder as the fire extinguishes, and you are both left in the hull of the ship, and the cold dark, alone.

    Vulpix's body grew a bright red, absorbing the heat from the water and from the towering fire. The damage sustained from the fall gradually depleted, bringing Grace back to full health.
    The room became colder and darker as the fire extinguished,

    That fire just now...somehow didn't feel natural, felt almost...supernatural, he inquired,
    turning his attention towards the ceiling, "we need to get above ground,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:30 AM.

  25. #350
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Amph – Wielding a tatty plate and knife like a cowardly knight, your Cherubi and yourself proceed towards the other side of the ship. The further through you go, you find that the depth of water increases, so far that if you carry on, it will reach your waist and even higher. The water slows you down, too. If you follow Cherubi’s hunch, you will have to swim under the murky salt water, and your sidekick can’t handle the water the same way you can. Heck, with the salt agitating your eyes, you may even be swimming blindly.

    “I’m not really equipped for this.” You grumble hopelessly, awaiting more criticism from the braver of the two of you. You notice that even in the parts of the ship predominantly drowned, there is still not even a Magikarp or Basculin in sight, or even something like a Krabby or odd Wingull. If this doesn’t prove something amiss, what will?

    “Are you sure about this, Cherubi?” You ask anxiously, “If we keep going, I don’t think you’ll be able to stay out of your Poke Ball like this...”
    With his new knight equipment, Shiro started walking towards the other side of the ship, where Cherubi insisted on sensing something worthwhile.

    Soon, however, the water level started rising dangerously, soon rising up to the level of Shiro's waist.
    "I'm not really equipped for this..." Shiro grumbled hopelessly with a small voice, hoping that Cherubi wouldn't notice, as it would only earn more critizing from him.

    "Are you sure about this, Cherubi? If we keep going, I don’t think you’ll be able to stay out of your Poke Ball like this...” Shiro stated anxiously.
    After a few minutes quarrel, Shiro finally got Cherubi into his pokeball once again.
    Shiro threw the plate away, stuffed the knife into his pocket, and dived with his eyes closed.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •