Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 519

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Sixth Updates Yay!

    The Black Swan

    Poketim – Not the type to get easily lost in daydreams, you feel a little concerned that it’s happened to you twice in ten minutes. This isn’t really the safest place for such silliness, either, and your Koffing decides to keep you in check. “Heads, straight. Tails, left. What’s it gonna be?” You leave your route to chance, but even that doesn’t go to plan. The coin plops into the water, rolling along the floor. Somn gives chase.

    “Well, at least we sorta decided a way to go...” You mumble, and Krieg sighs, hovering along after you. The celing and stairs have caved in for the most part, with the furniture of different levels and rooms partially submerged and all visible. There is a dip in the middle of the very long room, following the curve of the ship. There aren’t any fancy carpets or luxuries to note, but then, it’s been plenty of decades since the wreck.

    Looking around, perplexed, you notice that Somn is beginning to shiver. Something is unsettling him, even confusing him, but his usual psychic abilities are being subdued. “Drow... Drow... Zeee....” There are few things that could cause such a problem, but all you know is that it’s a big one. Relying on chance might not be safe, if chance is not on your side. Somn is trying to communicate with you, and Krief looks visibly taken aback. What’s going on?

    Takeo‘The fire just now... didn’t feel natural... Somehow felt, supernatural...’ You think to yourself, keeping silent so as to not alert Grace. Even with the both of you in panic, having company in this situation keeps you both rational and somewhat calm. Or not. The thudding comes again, different from before, quieter. Whatever it is, it’s on the floor directly above you. It’s coming for you. Something supernatural is coming for you.

    “We need to get above ground.” You say anxiously, trembling. However, you have no Pokemon that can help you and you’re surrounded by now-freezing water in other rooms, like a sitting Ducklett awaiting a predator. You tense, trying to think. Think, think! It can’t end like this! But then, the thudding is suddenly accompanied by sweeping torch light, and it stops. A yellow beam shines down at you, and you see a tanned, brown haired individual in blue board-shorts and a white top.

    “What the hell are you doing in there, man? This is private property! Are you trying to set fire to this thing wth you in it?” He demands, accent local. Thankfully, this person doesn’t seem threatening or even too angry, but it looks like you were right at this being a private beach.. With a private shipwreck. “Y’alright down there?”

    Amphy – The pair of you quarrel, but really, it’s all just for show. Cherubi can really feel this odd... Whatever it is now, and he doesn’t feel like he could leave this adventure behind without it nagging at him, unsolved. He’s worried that if he leaves you, you’ll wuss out and run away, but you don’t. You are a knght with a knife, and now without a plate, and you’re going in!

    Diving underneath with your eyes squeezed shut, you’re swimming blind. The salt stings your lips, but the water’s warm, and you hold your breath forcefully a long time, arms almost always outstretched as you feel outward for debris, something to hold onto for breath, or a Carvahna that might eat your face.

    Eventually, you’re forced to surface, taking a deep breath. Wiping frantically at your eyes, frightened that the salt will try to burn them from your sockets, you eventually buck up the courage to open them.

    What. Is happening.

    You open your eyes, and find yourself in the middle of seawater. It isn’t too deep, but your feet aren’t touching the floor. The beach is in sight, not too far away, but there is no ship. There are cliffs, and off to the right you can see a cove entrance, and off to the right, the pier – but it looks less wrecked and far sturdier than you remember, but it might just be you.

    Where is the Black Swan? Where the heck are you? What are you going to do?!
    The Lighthouse

    DeadLion – “Keep on Pecking, Chainsaw! I’m alright!”

    Clearly, you aren’t, but you think you might just be able to manage. The skeletons are wrestling at you, and in their state of death, they can’t feel pain, tiredness or even awareness. Luckily for you, as the Woobat struggles to split its concentration between the two battles, you find their strength weakening enough for you to hold out and notice the lift. It was broken, so there had to be something that you could pull off it! Preparing yourself, you take a mighty leap, breaking through your enemies to reach the doors.

    Two small windows allow you to vaguely see through. There is nothing to pull out or wreck or anything, and the doors won’t even open. You put your fingers in a little gap, and try pulling, but it’s not enough. You’re tired, and weak as it is, and those skeletons have just turned back round, and are ominously staring at you.

    The Woobat is struggling to fight off Skarmory, whose pecks are dealing fearsome damage now that it’s struggling to dodge and defend. In a desperate move, it uses Confusion, catching the steel type still, and hurling it at the side of the lift, temporarily dizzying and stunning Chainsaw, who definitely felt the blow. “Chainsaw!”

    You’re concerned, obviously, but inspired, too. Chainsaw’s talons are tough, but thin. Maybe she could claw the doors open, or even break through the windows and help you through? But the battle’s not won yet. Which instinct do you follow – fight, or flight?

    ((Poketim and Amphy - I'm perfectly happy to merge your adventures, as that might actually make things a bit easier for me creativity wise and spice things up a bit. Idk when exactly this merge will happen, but I will obv alert you here. At the rate that these updates are going, don't expect it to take too long, so make sure you both want this before it happens, yes?))

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa’s attempt at a Scratch attack fails as Surgei speeds away at the last minute, flying high in the air to use an Ancient Power, followed by yet another. The rocks in the area all rise up, some even being pulled from under the ground, all aimed for the little bear. It’s speedy, and dodges a few angrily, but this doesn’t garentee safety. Eventually, the Pokemon is hit, crying and wailing as it rolls across the floor.

    The attack does some damage, but not enough. Surgei may be safe out of the way, but you aren’t. This crazy confident Teddiursa has realised that it can’t reach the dragonfly, but it Leers at you, and then goes to Scratch you all over your body and face. Most Pokemon don’t focus on human targets if a battle’s been clearly established, but this one clearly doesn’t care for the rules of the world.

    What do you do?
    Surgei sped away at the last moment, able to get out of the way of the savage little Teddiursa's SCRATCH attack. He flies high into the air, and sends a ton of rocks at Teddiursa with his Ancientpower. Teddiursa gets hits by some of the rocks, and falls backwards, crying and wailing from the hit. 'Alright, Surgei. This is good. If we are able to keep this up, we will be able to beat this little Teddiursa quickly.' The Teddiursa gets back up, and does something really strange and scary. He runs towards Blaze his paws outstretched, with the full intention of SCRATCHing him as well. 'What in the world? Pokemon don't attack people!!!'

    Blaze remembered one day when he Geodude was trying to teach him how to fight if he ever needed to. " 'The best way to fight and opponent is to counter their strategies. If they attack physically, keep you distance or use their momentum against them in an attack like Submission or Reversal. Basically, try to catch him if you can. If you can't, run.' " Blaze knew that the Teddiursa was a small Pokemon, and that if he was lucky, he could grab him and neutralize him. But, he was not taking any chances. This could get ugly fast for him, and he knew it. "Alright, you little rotten teddy, playtime is over. Surgei, I need some supporting fire. You have the rocks ready, so give him another couple of ANCIENTPOWERS. I am going to try and grab the little sucker in my hands. Try not to hit me with the rocks and make it so he has a hard time dodging." He was not sure if Surgei got it, but he could only hope that Surgei understood as he ran towards the Teddiursa. 'If you play dirty with me little guy, don't expect a clean fight either.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa was loving this, quite frankly. She hadn’t expected you to come running at her, and it did surprise her, but damn. You charge at the bear as Surgei watches from above, already beginnng Ancient Power, as attested by the floating rocks in the vicinity. You and your targeter charge full on, and she stumbles back due to her smaller height... But your strategy has backfired.

    This thing is feral. She scratches at your hands rather than interlocking with them for any sort of punch, defence or wrestle and the pain is searing. There is blood, a lot of it, and you withdraw with a cry. Teddiursa seems to have forgotten Surgei in his exactment of revenge, lunging at you to rip you to shreds, and it practically has you on the floor. Surgei’s attack waits no longer – it can’t if you want to live – and while some brush you, the rocks all pummel your assailaint and send him off into the lake. She surfaces, spitting and crying and flailing and doggy paddling until it can clutch the edge.

    “Ursa...”

    It’s stopped for now, but Surgei has a bad feeling, and so do you – probably more considering the state you’re in, actually. The Teddiursa might retreat once it gets out the water, but you can’t be sure. And, as we know, it doesn’t like you. Either of you. You can settle this now, or take your chances. What do you do?

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan
    Takeo‘The fire just now... didn’t feel natural... Somehow felt, supernatural...’ You think to yourself, keeping silent so as to not alert Grace. Even with the both of you in panic, having company in this situation keeps you both rational and somewhat calm. Or not. The thudding comes again, different from before, quieter. Whatever it is, it’s on the floor directly above you. It’s coming for you. Something supernatural is coming for you.

    “We need to get above ground.” You say anxiously, trembling. However, you have no Pokemon that can help you and you’re surrounded by now-freezing water in other rooms, like a sitting Ducklett awaiting a predator. You tense, trying to think. Think, think! It can’t end like this! But then, the thudding is suddenly accompanied by sweeping torch light, and it stops. A yellow beam shines down at you, and you see a tanned, brown haired individual in blue board-shorts and a white top.

    “What the hell are you doing in there, man? This is private property! Are you trying to set fire to this thing wth you in it?” He demands, accent local. Thankfully, this person doesn’t seem threatening or even too angry, but it looks like you were right at this being a private beach.. With a private shipwreck. “Y’alright down there?”

    The thudding came again, different from before, quieter. Whatever it was, it was on the floor directly above them. It was coming for them. Something supernatural was coming for them. Surrounded by now-freezing water in the other rooms, like a sitting Ducklett awaiting a predator.

    Hallow tensed up, trying to think. Think, think! It can’t end like this!,
    The thudding stopped, a yellow beam of light shined down, blinding them for a second,
    A tanned, brown haired individual in blue board-shorts and a white top came into view,
    “What the hell are you doing in there, man? This is private property! Are you trying to set fire to this thing with you in it?” He demanded, his accent local. He didn’t sound threatening or even too angry.
    Looks like I was right at this being a private beach...With a private shipwreck?,
    “Y’alright down there?,” ha asked,

    "Yea fine, but if it isn't too much trouble...mind getting us out of here?,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:22 AM.

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa was loving this, quite frankly. She hadn’t expected you to come running at her, and it did surprise her, but damn. You charge at the bear as Surgei watches from above, already beginnng Ancient Power, as attested by the floating rocks in the vicinity. You and your targeter charge full on, and she stumbles back due to her smaller height... But your strategy has backfired.

    This thing is feral. She scratches at your hands rather than interlocking with them for any sort of punch, defence or wrestle and the pain is searing. There is blood, a lot of it, and you withdraw with a cry. Teddiursa seems to have forgotten Surgei in his exactment of revenge, lunging at you to rip you to shreds, and it practically has you on the floor. Surgei’s attack waits no longer – it can’t if you want to live – and while some brush you, the rocks all pummel your assailaint and send him off into the lake. She surfaces, spitting and crying and flailing and doggy paddling until it can clutch the edge.

    “Ursa...”

    It’s stopped for now, but Surgei has a bad feeling, and so do you – probably more considering the state you’re in, actually. The Teddiursa might retreat once it gets out the water, but you can’t be sure. And, as we know, it doesn’t like you. Either of you. You can settle this now, or take your chances. What do you do?

    The Teddiursa seemed to be pretty surprised to see Blaze charging at him, but she was more happy. Probably thinking more about how stupid the human was in charging him than anything else. Surgei was flitting above ready to give support, as he began another Ancientpower, raising rocks into the air to prepare for the strike. The Teddiursa and I charge full on. His superior height and weight make the Teddiursa fly a bit back, and he goes to the grab it before it can do anymore damage. That is when **** got bad.

    The Teddiursa was completely rabid, and SCRATCHES at Blaze's hands instead of trying to fight him hand to hand. The pain is searing on Blaze's hands, and he grimaces and backs up with a cry. There was blood. Blood everywhere. His hands were covered in the crimson liquid. The Teddiursa seems to have forgotten all about Surgei to gets it revenge on Blaze, and lunges at him. Blaze tries to get up, but his hands are in too much pain. The Teddiursa jumps on Blaze's chest, and swings its paw up into the air for the next blow. 'Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!'

    Fortunately, Surgei comes through just in time. The rocks launch at Teddiursa, and while some of the them brushed up against Blaze, nearly all of them hit Teddiursa. He goes flying into the lake, and Blaze gets up, looking at his hands. 'Jesus Christ. Look at all that blood.' The Teddiursa surfaes, spitting out water, and crying, trying to doggy paddle.

    "Ursa..."

    Blaze got that bad feeling again like when he first saw the Teddiursa taking the food, but, he was more preoccupied with his hands. 'If I lose anymore blood, I am going to die, or at least pass out.' He looked at Surgei, who was flying down towards him. "Not the smartest move there man. You should be more careful with how you charge." "Yeah, yeah. Here, let us do this. Use your ANCIENTPOWER to create a barrier around us. I need to treat these wounds so that I don't bleed out like a pig. Then, I want you to go get help. Try to find a trainer that has a Chansey or an Audino or something. We can't take any chances here."

    "Yes sir." Surgei was lifting the rocks up in the air, and looked back. "That was pretty bad-***."


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Lighthouse

    DeadLion – “Keep on Pecking, Chainsaw! I’m alright!”

    Clearly, you aren’t, but you think you might just be able to manage. The skeletons are wrestling at you, and in their state of death, they can’t feel pain, tiredness or even awareness. Luckily for you, as the Woobat struggles to split its concentration between the two battles, you find their strength weakening enough for you to hold out and notice the lift. It was broken, so there had to be something that you could pull off it! Preparing yourself, you take a mighty leap, breaking through your enemies to reach the doors.

    Two small windows allow you to vaguely see through. There is nothing to pull out or wreck or anything, and the doors won’t even open. You put your fingers in a little gap, and try pulling, but it’s not enough. You’re tired, and weak as it is, and those skeletons have just turned back round, and are ominously staring at you.

    The Woobat is struggling to fight off Skarmory, whose pecks are dealing fearsome damage now that it’s struggling to dodge and defend. In a desperate move, it uses Confusion, catching the steel type still, and hurling it at the side of the lift, temporarily dizzying and stunning Chainsaw, who definitely felt the blow. “Chainsaw!”

    You’re concerned, obviously, but inspired, too. Chainsaw’s talons are tough, but thin. Maybe she could claw the doors open, or even break through the windows and help you through? But the battle’s not won yet. Which instinct do you follow – fight, or flight?
    Suchiru swore, both at her inability to force the lift's doors open, and since Chainsaw took a hit that certainly looked painful. Coming to the Lighthouse had definitely been a pretty bad mistake, but it was too late to turn back now. Far too late, so Suchiru would simply have to deal with it.
    "Keep it busy Chainsaw! Keep pecking for now!" Suchiru grinned to herself, removing her jacket, whilst she kept her distance from the skeletons. This plan was risky enough without being tired AND beaten up, "Come down here a second Chainsaw!"
    Suchiru waited for her Skarmory to get a chance to land, hoping that she would be strong enough to fly with a human on her back. Her plan after that was to fly up near the Woobat, and to throw her jacket on top of it. After that, Suchiru planned to have Chainsaw attack again, although having a human on her back might make that just a little difficult.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Internet-Failed-When-I-Tried-To-Update-Earlier Updates #7 :D

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You ask the stranger if it’ll be much trouble to get you out of there. “Naw, not at all. Hold on a sec.” He says, and moves off for a minute. You’re worried that he’s just going to wander off and not come back, but he does return to view, hauling down an Escape Rope for you to grab onto. Seeing as you’re not the heaviest lad, and that he appears to be quite strong, as long as the floor doesn’t go through again, you should both be fine. “Just take it slow and steady. I think y’already know this isn’t the safest place to go wandering around.” The man tells you, and you nod in agreement, clutching onto the rope and beginning a slow, very careful ascent, with Grace’s claws digging uncomfortably into your shoulder.

    When you eventually get onto safe flooring, you feel wiped out, but relieved to be alive and in some company. “C’mon, we gotta get out of here. Fast.” He says next, and you agree with that, too. Your adventure inside the Black Swan has come to a quick conclusion, you feel disappointedly, as the man begins to guide you both out. However, your adventure has not come to a complete close. “I’ll take you to the villa up the beach. My boss’ll want to see you.”

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – That was pretty bad shiz, Surgei was right, but you don’t need to hear it right now. You look like the first death out of a horror movie, reborn, or near enough. In fact, the very sight of you is not going to be encouraging tourism to Lake Laguna anytime soon. Your Yanmega is casting a barrier of rocks around you as you very, very tentatively slip your backpack off your shoulder, looking for anything to treat them with. But the pain is making your fingers twitch and you can’t even get a grasp on the zip.

    “There’s a Ranger’s hut nearby! I’ll go and get help!” The bystander that you valiently (sort of) rescued quickly returns the favour, dashing off into the brush. Most of the other people around have unsurprisingly legged it, including the mother and two children from the picnic, but the father’s still there, and he has a small first aid kit, which he procures. He looks about ready to throw it in your direction, until he sees that you wouldn’t be able to manage yourself. Your hands are losing feeling except for a stinging ache. Assistance isn’t going to come in time.

    Teddiursa finally pulls herself out of the lake, sopping wet and utterly distraught. She looks at you both, and the father, then the food that it had coveted, conveniently waiting for it by a tree trunk. However, after humiliation, it will not be satisfied to take the food and scram. If Surgei isn’t knocked out or you aren’t near dead, the mission will be a failure. It Leers viciously, then returns its attention back to Surgei, paw raised and sharp claws ready. Maybe it can make you two gory and matching.
    What do you do?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Chainsaw shakes off the blow after a few seconds, going back up to use its only offensive move, pecking away at the Woobat. It’s beginning to lose height, and eventually, drops down onto the floor, an unusual move for a flying-type. “Come down here for a second, Chainsaw!”

    Instead of swooping down to try and finish the match, she returns to your side, crouching down so that you can climb onto her shiny, silver back, wielding the jacket as a type of trap pack. Woobat sees your strategy, and you’ve forgotten the skeletons, which it utilizes to charge at the both of you whilst it tries to rest itself. Woobat’s obviously weak if it needs focus and settle down like this, but it also means your previous idea won’t work for as long as Woobat’s on the ground. But, also, you may be safer on Chainsaw’s back for now, where it can peck away at those nuisances. Is there some way to stop the skeletons’ charge without getting at Woobat first, or is it not worth the effort?

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You ask the stranger if it’ll be much trouble to get you out of there. “Naw, not at all. Hold on a sec.” He says, and moves off for a minute. You’re worried that he’s just going to wander off and not come back, but he does return to view, hauling down an Escape Rope for you to grab onto. Seeing as you’re not the heaviest lad, and that he appears to be quite strong, as long as the floor doesn’t go through again, you should both be fine. “Just take it slow and steady. I think y’already know this isn’t the safest place to go wandering around.” The man tells you, and you nod in agreement, clutching onto the rope and beginning a slow, very careful ascent, with Grace’s claws digging uncomfortably into your shoulder.

    When you eventually get onto safe flooring, you feel wiped out, but relieved to be alive and in some company. “C’mon, we gotta get out of here. Fast.” He says next, and you agree with that, too. Your adventure inside the Black Swan has come to a quick conclusion, you feel disappointedly, as the man begins to guide you both out. However, your adventure has not come to a complete close. “I’ll take you to the villa up the beach. My boss’ll want to see you.”

    “Naw, not at all. Hold on a sec.” He said, moving out of view,
    After a minute of waiting, Hallow became uneasy, thinking the man had just wandered off and forgotten about them,
    To Hallow's relief, he returned, hauling down an Escape Rope,
    Hallow grabbed onto it, mentally making a note to himself, Remember to get one of these when we get back to town,
    “Just take it slow and steady. I think y’already know this isn’t the safest place to go wandering around.” The man tells him, Hallow nodding in agreement, clutching onto the rope and beginning a slow, very careful ascent, with Grace’s claws digging uncomfortably into his shoulder.
    Why didn't I put you in your pokeball..., Hallow made a sour face,

    They had finally reached stable footing, Hallow felt wiped, but relieved to be alive and in some company.
    “C’mon, we gotta get out of here. Fast.” the man said,
    Hallow agreed,

    His exploration inside the Black Swan had come to a quick conclusion, feeling a bit disappointed, as the man began to guide them both out.

    However, his adventure had not come to a complete close,
    “I’ll take you to the villa up the beach. My boss’ll want to see you.”

    "Your boss?, what exactly does you boss want to see me for?," Hallow said in a defensive tone,



    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:23 AM.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Update #8

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – “Your boss? What exactly does he want to talk to me for?” You demand in a rather defensive tone. Consciously, you rub your shoulder where Vulpix was clinging for dear life, once again asking yourself why you didn’t just put her away. At least when you go to tell your friends about your adventures in the bar, you will have some proof of your ordeals.

    “Well, you did tresspass on his property. If he hadn’t noticed the ship shaking weirdly, you’d still be in there.” The stranger explains after a short silence of heading round all the debris or unstable looking parts. His choice of exit gets your ankles wet, as he heads into an unexplored room and through a gaping hole in the side. From here, behind some large palm trees and large bushes trimmed like water Pokemon, you can see bits of a grand, white villa, with great glass windows and several balconies. You think back. The ship had weirdly shaken? You hadn’t even noticed it. “You have to come with me, or he’ll call the police.”

    Sounds like you’re in trouble. Or maybe this rich guy just wants to hear words of gratitude for the effort of sending someone out there to save your bum. Either way, you’re not feeling great about this. What do you do?


  10. #360
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Chainsaw shakes off the blow after a few seconds, going back up to use its only offensive move, pecking away at the Woobat. It’s beginning to lose height, and eventually, drops down onto the floor, an unusual move for a flying-type. “Come down here for a second, Chainsaw!”

    Instead of swooping down to try and finish the match, she returns to your side, crouching down so that you can climb onto her shiny, silver back, wielding the jacket as a type of trap pack. Woobat sees your strategy, and you’ve forgotten the skeletons, which it utilizes to charge at the both of you whilst it tries to rest itself. Woobat’s obviously weak if it needs focus and settle down like this, but it also means your previous idea won’t work for as long as Woobat’s on the ground. But, also, you may be safer on Chainsaw’s back for now, where it can peck away at those nuisances. Is there some way to stop the skeletons’ charge without getting at Woobat first, or is it not worth the effort?
    "Next time, I'm packing a weapon..." Suchiru muttered, from the back of her steel bird, as she hunkered down, and prepared herself for what she was about to do, whilst she whispered her plan to Chainsaw. It was pretty simple, just distract the skeletons, and defeat the Woobat.

    "Now... CHAAARGE!" The trainer screamed out, holding onto Chainsaw tightly, and hoping that they were heading for something other than the wall.

    Because, you know, that's really a downer.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – “Next time, I’m packing a weapon.” You mutter, whispering your plan to Chainsaw as you hunker down and prepare yourself. “Now, charge~!” At your war cry, the bird races forward, wings outstretched. Even with such a resistance, the bird’s natural speed means that it runs fast, and the iron-hard, outstretched armour sends the skeletons hurtling back, bones knocking together comically and musically. The skeletons fall down the stairs, and soon, the glow from them fades away. Woobat can’t see them, and in its weak state, it’s struggling to keep the connection going.

    You don’t go hurtling after them, because Chainsaw stops fast, and turns on the little Woobat. It uses Odour Sleuth to get your scent, and you know that if it uses Confusion on you both, you’ll be helpless. What do you do?


  12. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – “Your boss? What exactly does he want to talk to me for?” You demand in a rather defensive tone. Consciously, you rub your shoulder where Vulpix was clinging for dear life, once again asking yourself why you didn’t just put her away. At least when you go to tell your friends about your adventures in the bar, you will have some proof of your ordeals.

    “Well, you did tresspass on his property. If he hadn’t noticed the ship shaking weirdly, you’d still be in there.” The stranger explains after a short silence of heading round all the debris or unstable looking parts. His choice of exit gets your ankles wet, as he heads into an unexplored room and through a gaping hole in the side. From here, behind some large palm trees and large bushes trimmed like water Pokemon, you can see bits of a grand, white villa, with great glass windows and several balconies. You think back. The ship had weirdly shaken? You hadn’t even noticed it. “You have to come with me, or he’ll call the police.”

    Sounds like you’re in trouble. Or maybe this rich guy just wants to hear words of gratitude for the effort of sending someone out there to save your bum. Either way, you’re not feeling great about this. What do you do?


    Consciously, Hallow rubbed his shoulder where his Vulpix had been clinging for dear life, once again he questioned himself, why didn’t I just put her away, *sigh* at the very least when I go to the bar I have some proof of my pain, *sigh* I bet Jessica or Keith will tease me about it,

    “Well, you did tresspass on his property. If he hadn’t noticed the ship shaking weirdly, you’d still be in there.” The stranger explained,

    They walked in silence for several mintues, avoiding some debri and unstable parts of the ship. His choice of an exit wasn't exactly the most pleasant, Hallow's new shoes ended up getting wet, but that was the least of his problems,

    Hallow followed him into an unexplored room and through a gaping hole in the side. From there, behind some large palm trees and large bushes trimmed like water Pokemon, Hallow could see bits of a grand, white villa, with great glass windows and several balconies.
    As he approached Hallow could see a shadowy figure appear to be watching him through the great glass window, the shadowy figure turned and walked away from sight.

    Outside the wind still howled and the rain didn't want to let up.

    Hallow thought back to what the man had said, The ship had weirdly shaken?, with everything that was going on, I hadn't noticed,
    The man spoke over the howling wind and rainfall,
    “You have to come with me, or he’ll call the police.”

    There something that man wants from me, He thought,
    but what?, and why?,
    Could he know why that torch came alive?,
    "Alright I'll see him," he yelled.


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:32 AM.

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Poketim – Not the type to get easily lost in daydreams, you feel a little concerned that it’s happened to you twice in ten minutes. This isn’t really the safest place for such silliness, either, and your Koffing decides to keep you in check. “Heads, straight. Tails, left. What’s it gonna be?” You leave your route to chance, but even that doesn’t go to plan. The coin plops into the water, rolling along the floor. Somn gives chase.

    “Well, at least we sorta decided a way to go...” You mumble, and Krieg sighs, hovering along after you. The celing and stairs have caved in for the most part, with the furniture of different levels and rooms partially submerged and all visible. There is a dip in the middle of the very long room, following the curve of the ship. There aren’t any fancy carpets or luxuries to note, but then, it’s been plenty of decades since the wreck.

    Looking around, perplexed, you notice that Somn is beginning to shiver. Something is unsettling him, even confusing him, but his usual psychic abilities are being subdued. “Drow... Drow... Zeee....” There are few things that could cause such a problem, but all you know is that it’s a big one. Relying on chance might not be safe, if chance is not on your side. Somn is trying to communicate with you, and Krief looks visibly taken aback. What’s going on?

    "Well this room's been hit harder than the other. Not much of interest here, maybe they'll be something in one of the side rooms." Brier struggled to keep a solid footing on the slick wood, the curvature only made it worse. With Krieger close behind, he made his way to Somn, who had followed the coin down into the middle of the room. "Somn. Somn.... Somn?! Are you alright?" Brier turned the young Drowzee only to see the pain in his face.

    "Drow... Drow... Zeee..." Somn raised his finger toward Krieger.

    "What is it, how is Krieger involved in this?" He looked to Krieger who was looking off to a room that he hadn't notice on his way in, "Oh is that what you were pointing at? Ok, We'll go check it out together, I'll even let Jitterz out to protect you." The trio made their way in to the side room and with a red flash their number grew to four.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – “Next time, I’m packing a weapon.” You mutter, whispering your plan to Chainsaw as you hunker down and prepare yourself. “Now, charge~!” At your war cry, the bird races forward, wings outstretched. Even with such a resistance, the bird’s natural speed means that it runs fast, and the iron-hard, outstretched armour sends the skeletons hurtling back, bones knocking together comically and musically. The skeletons fall down the stairs, and soon, the glow from them fades away. Woobat can’t see them, and in its weak state, it’s struggling to keep the connection going.

    You don’t go hurtling after them, because Chainsaw stops fast, and turns on the little Woobat. It uses Odour Sleuth to get your scent, and you know that if it uses Confusion on you both, you’ll be helpless. What do you do?

    As it seemed, it was a stalemate. Chainsaw had quite nicely dealt with the skeletons, and even if they were still moving, it'd at least take them a while to get back up the stairs. Unfortunately, the lack of animated bones meant the Woobat could now concentrate on them, and Suchiru certainly didn't want to be on the recieving end of a Confusion attack - She had seen what it had done to her poor Skarmory, and as a human, she was quite a lot weaker.

    "Leer at it, Chainsaw..." Suchiru whispered quietly to her pokemon. She doubted the Woobat would understand her anyway, but you never really knew, "When it's distracted enough by that, Peck it."
    Last edited by DeadLion; 22nd September 2012 at 2:39 PM.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – That was pretty bad shiz, Surgei was right, but you don’t need to hear it right now. You look like the first death out of a horror movie, reborn, or near enough. In fact, the very sight of you is not going to be encouraging tourism to Lake Laguna anytime soon. Your Yanmega is casting a barrier of rocks around you as you very, very tentatively slip your backpack off your shoulder, looking for anything to treat them with. But the pain is making your fingers twitch and you can’t even get a grasp on the zip.

    “There’s a Ranger’s hut nearby! I’ll go and get help!” The bystander that you valiently (sort of) rescued quickly returns the favour, dashing off into the brush. Most of the other people around have unsurprisingly legged it, including the mother and two children from the picnic, but the father’s still there, and he has a small first aid kit, which he procures. He looks about ready to throw it in your direction, until he sees that you wouldn’t be able to manage yourself. Your hands are losing feeling except for a stinging ache. Assistance isn’t going to come in time.

    Teddiursa finally pulls herself out of the lake, sopping wet and utterly distraught. She looks at you both, and the father, then the food that it had coveted, conveniently waiting for it by a tree trunk. However, after humiliation, it will not be satisfied to take the food and scram. If Surgei isn’t knocked out or you aren’t near dead, the mission will be a failure. It Leers viciously, then returns its attention back to Surgei, paw raised and sharp claws ready. Maybe it can make you two gory and matching.
    What do you do?
    While Surgei's compliment sure was touching, Blaze was a little preoccupied with the situation with his hands. Surgei was busy forming a barrier with the rocks in the area, so, Blaze tried to get his bookbag off of his back. He had some first-aid supplies in there, just in case. But, the pain was so bad that he was barely able to get the bookbag off, and the violent shaking in his hands and the stiffness made it impossible to work the zipper.

    "Don't worry! There is a ranger hut nearby! I'll go and get some help." The bystander that Blaze had somewhat valiantly saved had run off towards the woods, apparently the ranger hut was in the woods. 'But how far is it. If that Teddiursa doesn't quit, we might not make it.' The rest of the people have made it like a banana and split. The only person who was really left was the father of the two kids. He had a small first aid kit in his hands, and was ready to throw it over to Blaze. But, he hesitates as he see how bad his hands were, and lowers the kit. 'Please, just come over here...' The pain in his hands was stopping, being filled by a odd numbness with a slight stinging sensation. 'Oh, great. I am going into shock. This is great.'

    Blaze looked out on the lake, and saw the Teddiursa coming out of the lake. 'Is he going to run away now?' He did not want to run away. He LEERED viciously at Surgei, before charging at him, with the full intention of SCRATCHING him gory, like Blaze. 'What am I to do??? Surgei can't protect both me and fight off the Teddiursa. And....it seems weird that he would be alone. What to do what to do....?'

    Blaze didn't have much time to think. Surgei's, and his, life was on the line. He didn't have many options. But, there was one thing. He wanted Surgei to be safe. "Sur-surgei. You have to lead him away. Your boosted speed should allow you to dodge more attacks. Just keep him away. Please."


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  16. #366
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I set off the university in less than an hour. Since I take my studies (and social life) very seriously, I’m taking a break from updating giving you guys a break from adventuring. This will probably last until November-December, there’s a small chance I might update before then but I wouldn’t count on it. So I hope everyone doesn’t mind and is okay with hanging tight. I look forward to finishing most of your adventures when we start up again!

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Picking the brambles out of your hair as you rise to your feet, it suddenly dawns on you like a crashing wave. Team Rocket had poached the Donphan and planned on trading it on the black market. It was a trainer’s duty to protect wild Pokémon, and as the only trainer for a mile off the burden fell on your shoulders. You take one fleeting look at the owl sprawled on top of the snaking vines of the undergrowth and dripping with saliva. Deciding on a whim to add it to your ranks you tap it on the beak with a Pokéball, vacuuming it in a flare of red light. The Pokémon doesn’t even give a struggle as the ball clicks to signal Congratulations! Lv. 9 Hoothoot caught! Kitty gives a whine but you shrug off her protests by breaking out onto the banks of the waterfall to hatch a plan. The look of feat in the Phanpy calf’s beady eyes is enough to fuel your ambition, and as a out of breath ranger comes staggering out of the woods behind you it looked like you weren’t the only one tailing the band of crooks. His green eyes glint with understanding as you explain what just happened and how you’d seen the apache headed over the cascading waterfall. Bent on rescuing the Donphan who’d just saved your life you quickly offer him your back up. He fixes his glasses weighing up your proposal.

    “Well, I-I’d be lying if I didn’t say I need all the help I can get. I’m not really c-cut out for field work, but it’s something I need to experience if I want to become a f-fully qualified ranger”, Deadalus smiles and nods – shifting his attention to the pink kitten that’d just started rubbing against his boots for attention, “Nice to meet you little fella”, he says whilst edging back tentatively, “Sorry, I’m allergic to cat Pokémon. My partner Pokémon’s right behi-“ He cuts off mid sentence, swooping over his shoulders and doubling back on himself in panic. It looked as though the ranger had lost track of his cohort as he suddenly started yelling “ICARUS!” at the top of his voice. A feeling of unease wriggles to the front of your mind, maybe you’d have more chance on the mission alone. After a few awkward moments that seemed to stretch for minutes you finally spot a bluish bird soaring high through the clouds carrying what looked like a dead Rattatta in its talons. The Rufflet gives no acknowledgement to its trainer and continues circling the sky with its prey.

    “Icarus! I-I told you not to fly too close to the sun! Get d-down here now we have an important mission!” his lack of confidence in commanding the Pokémon seems to show, the eaglet only descending to pick at the dead rodent. Deadalus’ reaction to his partner’s hunting skills makes yours to Skitty’s seem like nothing. His eyes stray as far away from the scene as possible, “this is Icarus. I got partnered with him b-but I don’t think we could be any less alike”. You smile toward the bird before faltering as it started to pick out rat intestines like worms with its sharp beak. Kitty’s tail sticks up as she hisses scathingly. As you turn back to face Deadalus he appears to have been struck with inspiration, frantically rummaging through his backpack. Following the sound of rattling tin cans he finally prizes a map from its bottom. Unfolding it he silently scans it with his finger, muttering words under his breath in deep thought. Suddenly a half smile beckons on his clammy face as he lowers the map from under his face.

    “Of course!” Deadalus points at the crashing waterfall with a look of madness, “The nearest Team Rocket Headquarters should be a kilometre in this direction, but it’s also th-thousands of feet below ground. I bet that there is a secret tunnel leading to it at the back of that waterfall!” You home in on the waterfall – a cascading ribbon of silky water louder than the roar of a freight train. The white spray crashes down on the plunge pool, springing up around the sharp rocks in frothy surf. Just ahead of the minefield of rocks and the white water rapids was your destination, but the current looked impossible to swim against. The ranger seems to think this too, eyes sweeping over the lake intently. Suddenly! A puffer fish leaps out of the waters giving Deadalus half a second to whip out his Capture Styler. He brandishes it the wrong way round, nervously spinning it the right way and taking aim. With the flick of his wrist he creates a ring of white light, which slowly gets smaller as it closes around the Qwilfish. As the ring merges with the balloon Pokémon the ranger rubs the back of his head with a dopey smile, “That’s the first time that’s actually worked!” Under his command the puffer fish swims to the shore and the ranger, testing the water with his foot, shuts his eyes tight and lunges onto it. With a splash he buoys up to the surface with his arms wrapped around the Qwilifish’s spiny body. Spitting out water the Ranger glances back over his shoulder, “I almost forgot... Uh... D-do you have a water Pokémon to Surf on or should I get this one to make two trips?”
    Noriko happily caught Hoothoot in a Pokéball despite Kitty’s resistance. “I know, food, but she’ll be really useful to have around! No Kitty, not as emergency food storage.”

    “Well, I-I’d be lying if I didn’t say I need all the help I can get. I’m not really c-cut out for field work, but it’s something I need to experience if I want to become a f-fully qualified ranger.” Noriko smiled at Deadalus’ words, not sure if the man was cut out for ranger hood. Kitty, on the other hand, was instantly trying to make friends, purring and pushing at Deadalus’ legs.
    “Nice to meet you little fella. Sorry, I’m allergic to cat Pokémon. My partner Pokémon’s right behi-“ He tried to inch away from the curious kitten, looking for something up in the sky. “ICARUS!” After a number of very awkward moments, something blue and round flew into Noriko’s view. A Rufflet! Those were so adorable. Up until Noriko noticed the dead Rattata it was carrying in its talons. A rookie ranger with a killer-Rufflet. Just…perfect.

    “Icarus! I-I told you not to fly too close to the sun! Get d-down here now we have an important mission!” Despite the yelling, Icarus kept on flying above them in what Noriko saw as an almost patronizing manner. When Icarus finally decided to land, it was only to start picking at and eating the Rattata. Noriko suddenly felt nauseous, with Kitty starting to hiss as Icarus started tearing apart the rodent’s insides. Deadalus seemed to share Noriko’s view, trying to look at anything but his partner’s lunch hour. “This is Icarus. I got partnered with him b-but I don’t think we could be any less alike”.

    “As long as you don’t start eating rodents I think we’ll be fine.” Noriko was barely done with her statement when Deadalus’ face lit up and he started going through his bag. After going through what sounded like food cans he brought up a map, unfolding it and starting to mumble to himself. Not a moment afterward he lowered the map and smiled like a mad scientist.

    “Of course! The nearest Team Rocket Headquarters should be a kilometre in this direction, but it’s also th-thousands of feet below ground. I bet that there is a secret tunnel leading to it at the back of that waterfall!” Deadalus pointed at the waterfall. As Noriko tried to figure out a way to get to it, a blowfish jumped from the water. Deadalus pulled out his Capture Styler – and put it on backwards. He fixed this error fast enough, but Noriko’s faith in his capability to get the job done was quickly escaping her. Deadalus didn’t notice the look on her face, luckily enough, instead focusing on Qwilfish and after a minute getting it under his control with the help of the Capture Styler.

    “That’s the first time that’s actually worked!” Deadalus’ enthusiasm was not something Noriko had anything against, but his actions and statements made her want to knock him out and leave him behind just so he wouldn’t run into the line of fire by accident. Deadalus first tested the water with his foot, and then jumped on Qwilfish. Noriko contemplated the likelihood of him having drowned when he emerged from the lake, wrapped around Qwilfish and spitting out water.

    “I almost forgot... Uh... D-do you have a water Pokémon to Surf on or should I get this one to make two trips?”

    Noriko had to mentally hold herself from raising an eyebrow at Deadalus. She picked Kitty up and settled the kitten on her head before grabbing a Pokéball and letting Minori, her Seel, into the lake. “I’ve got one. Let’s get going.”

    “Nya!” Kitty waved her tail happily from the top of Noriko’s head as the trainer stepped into the water and wrapped her arms around Minori.

  17. #367
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Behind schedule for your rendezvous with Volkner you race en route to the liaison point only to find the Gym Leader awol! It looked like he’d bitten off more than he could chew, but these thoughts don’t manage to draw a great deal of sympathy on your part. His danger seeking personality had really grated on you and a little part of you can’t help thinking he got what was coming to him. You weigh up your next course of action. Even if Volkner was in trouble, there was nothing a rookie like you could do. However you couldn’t live with the guilt of just leaving him there. You still had a job to do, and after one last fleeting look at the force field you bear toward the western corridor toward the basement. Upon turning left down the path you come across a long flight of dark stairs, tempted to wake up the resting echidna for his torchlight. With hard swallow you brave the decent, allowing darkness to completely consume you. Twisting a doorknob at the foot of the stairs, light quickly breaks through the crack. You break through the threshold to a small box-like room. There were three Pokéballs on the floor in a perfect square, with a blast mark where the fourth should’ve been. Your eyes then shift toward Volkner, who was sprawled on the floor. Blood was trickling from his blond hair, his clothes charred and his face black with ash.



    Fearing the worst you run to his aid, grabbing his hand and feeling a pulse. With a low groan he tries lifting his head but it’s too painful. Eyes still shut, he cracks a half smile, “Looks like I was wrong about seeking danger... Guess I just got so carried away I started acting reckless... Look, I’m sorry for dragging you into this but we still have a job to do...” His hand wearily lifts off the floor and points toward the three Pokéballs. You examine them with apprehension. One of them was a trap, a Voltorb in disguise set to detonate against trespassers. Who knew if the other three were really Pokéballs? Another grunt brings you out of deep thought, “The switch is underneath one of those balls...” Pick any of the three Pokéballs. If you’re lucky it’ll be a regular Pokéball, but if you pick wrong the results could be explosive... Good luck!
    She huffed again as she went down the left path, cradling the sleeping Cyndaquil in her arms. At the end, she turned left and hesitated at seeing the flight of stairs ahead of her. The darkness worried her, but a glance at her dozing starter had her pulling up her courage; he'd already been exhausted by the two fights and she really didn't want him to be sleepy, if something should happen. With a hard swallow at the sight of the stairs descending into the darkness, she continued walking into the darkened hallway.

    At the bottom of the stairs, after constantly forcing her mind to stop imagining terrible things waiting for her at the base, she twisted the doorknob, allowing light to stream in and chase the shadows away. The moment she stepped over the threshold, though, she immediately noticed the three Pokeballs set in a perfect square, a blast mark where the fourth would be, and Volkner, sprawled on the floor, looking like he'd received the brunt of the explosion.

    With a sympathetic wince, Melissa hurried over, gently setting Wildfire down so she could check to make sure the blond still had a pulse. While she was currently rather annoyed with the other trainer, she certainly hadn't wanted anything to happen to him, even if she honestly wasn't at all surprised that he'd gotten himself hurt somehow. The steady beat in his wrist and the low groan he made a moment later confirmed that he was still alive; the teen could feel herself relax a little.

    As she watched, he tried to lift his head, but quickly decided that it was far too painful to move. He then cracked a half-smile, saying, "Looks like I was wrong about seeking danger...Guess I just got so carried away I started acting reckless...Look, I'm sorry for dragging you into this but we still have a job to do..." He then pointed at the remaining Pokeballs and she examined them apprehensively. One of those had put the Gym Leader down; she'd have to be amazingly lucky to get the right one on her first try, though the odds were a little better than before. Volkner grunted and she glanced back at him as he spoke again, "The switch is underneath one of those balls..."

    She looked at the three Pokeballs again, reluctantly moving a little closer. There was nothing she could see that would indicate they were anything out of the ordinary, but it was obvious that two were decoys. The teen briefly debated calling out her Misdreavus to pick the Pokeball, remembering that Ghost Pokemon were immune to the Normal-type Explosion and Selfdestruct, but she put the thought away; she didn't quite want to put the young Ghost in danger until the Misdreavus had gained a few more levels. Near Volkner, Wildfire shifted in his sleep.

    Hesitantly, she approached the three Pokeballs and her eyes darted among them. Which one was the safe one? The only way to know for sure was to pick it up and hope it didn't explode, but which one? After a few moments of weighing her choices, she finally moved towards the one opposite Volkner's and cautiously reached out. She hoped she hadn't given herself a one-way ticket to unconsciousness and a headache.

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Freshers Updates! Woohoo! #Idk

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – There’s something that man wants from me, You think to yourself. But what? Why? As you walk closer to the villa, bits of earth sticking to shoes and feet, you think that maybe the owner of the house knows why the torch might have come alive. You might be in trouble, but for this piece of information, it’s worth the risk.

    “Alright, I’ll see him.” You tell the man guiding you, not that it makes much difference. He’s tougher than you physically and probably fast, and that’s not taking into account any Poke Balls he might be hiding from you. After a few short minutes, he leads you inside the grand house, where a few maids are busy dusting in side rooms and the hallways. The downstairs at least is open plan. This stranger does not offer for you to take a seat.

    “I’ll go and get the owner of the place. You wait here.” He says, and heads up a wooden, wide and winding staircase with a white banister. You can see that the man you spotted in the window favours polished wood and the colour white, and that its merticulously clean. The property is also largely open plan.

    You’re intrigued, but maybe it’s best to stay put or risk being seen as a potential arsonist with bad manners. Then again, if you’ve stopped feeling like this visit is for the best... Run for it?

    Poketim – “Somn. Somn.... Somn?! Are you alright?!” You ask your Drowzee despierately, who is pointing and shuddering at a room past Krieg. You ask how your Koffing is involved in this, then realise your error. “Oh, is that what you were pointing at? Okay, we’ll check it out together. I’ll even let Jitterz out to protect you.”

    As you carry on, a shuddering and struggling Somn in tow, a red light flashes and your party grows to four. Letting out Jitterz in this environment is a risk. His small form means he’s going to struggle in the water, although there would be plenty of things to web across if necessary. That, and his electricity could be a problem in such a conductable environment. However, Somn seems like he needs protecting right now.

    This room is almost entirely blown apart, with the next room quite visible. You think you can hear voices, like an echo, but there’s nobody around. Water ripples and splashes, and even bubbles, but as you try to look through, you can’t see any apparent cause. Maybe Somn’s using psychic attacks to disturb it, but there’s no glowing eyes or aura on his part. Krieg isn’t even touching anything!

    In the next room, there’re a bunch of wooden crates, unopened, covered in water plantation as if previously submerged. Somn is stock still. He doesn’t want to proceed any further. What do you do?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – You remember what a Confusion attack did to your Skarmory, and as a human, you are much weaker than her. “Leer at it, Skarmory.” You whisper, just incase it can understand human tongue, “When it’s distracted enough by that, Peck it.”

    Chainsaw focuses, eyes narrowed, hissing through her metal beak, extending her wings to look as ferocious as possible. Woobat is momentarily stunned, and in that time, she goes to conduct a Peck attack. It misses, the Woobat rolling across the floor. These are the only moves your Pokemon knows, and unless you can improvise something, this stalemate will continue until the bat wears out or you change your mind and leave. What do you do?

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “Please, just get over here...” You mumble hoarsely, eyes desperately gazing up at the man with the first aid kit. You’re going into shock, sarcastically muttering to yourself about how great that is, and you know you don’t have much time.

    “Sur- Surgei. You have to lead him away. Your boosted speed should allow you to dodge more attacks. Just keep him away. Please...”
    “It’s a girl.” Was the snark you get from Surgei, who disobeys your order. At first, it may look like he’s just being rude as always, but the fact is, he knows that any attempt to lead Teddiursa away would be futile. It would see you as a sitting Ducklett and finish you off. Instead, the shield of Ancient Power is suddenly fired at the oncoming bear, once again flinging her up and into the lake.

    The father takes advantage of the time he has, going over with his first aid kit and opening it. His hands are shaking from fright, but not as intensely as yours. “Here, I’ll help you. But this is going to sting.” He says, taking some antisceptic wipes to try and clean your hands of the blood. “We need to get you to a doctor or hospital, but I’ll do my best for now...”

    Teddiursa might not be alone, and Surgei knows that, too. With a bit more effort required this time, she pulls herself up and out of the lake, sopping wet and sneering at all three of you. The bear looks like she’s struggling from this point. Surgei hovers close by, determined to defend. What do you do?

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – There’s something that man wants from me, You think to yourself. But what? Why? As you walk closer to the villa, bits of earth sticking to shoes and feet, you think that maybe the owner of the house knows why the torch might have come alive. You might be in trouble, but for this piece of information, it’s worth the risk.

    “Alright, I’ll see him.” You tell the man guiding you, not that it makes much difference. He’s tougher than you physically and probably fast, and that’s not taking into account any Poke Balls he might be hiding from you. After a few short minutes, he leads you inside the grand house, where a few maids are busy dusting in side rooms and the hallways. The downstairs at least is open plan. This stranger does not offer for you to take a seat.

    “I’ll go and get the owner of the place. You wait here.” He says, and heads up a wooden, wide and winding staircase with a white banister. You can see that the man you spotted in the window favours polished wood and the colour white, and that its merticulously clean. The property is also largely open plan.

    You’re intrigued, but maybe it’s best to stay put or risk being seen as a potential arsonist with bad manners. Then again, if you’ve stopped feeling like this visit is for the best... Run for it?
    Hallow examined the man guiding him,
    the stranger looked to be physically built and could very well possibly out run him if Hallow tired to make a break for it, and that’s not taking into account any Pokemon he might have on him, he thought.

    After a few short minutes, he lead Hallow inside the grand house, where a few maids were busy dusting inside rooms and the hallways. The downstairs at least was open plan.
    The stranger didn't even offer Hallow to take a seat.
    Pressed for time?, he thought,
    “I’ll go and get the owner of the place. You wait here.” He said, and quickly headed up a wooden, wide and winding staircase connected to a white banister.

    Hallow could see that the man he spotted in the window favored polished wood and the colour white, and that it was merticulously clean. The property was also largely open plan. Hallow was intrigued, looking around the room, trying to get a sense of the man's being.

    Hallow picked Grace up and hugged her tightly,
    Vulpix looked up at him,
    "We'll tell him what we saw down there,"
    "Vul,"
    "We'll study his body language; hands touching his face, throat & mouth or avoiding eye contact, anything, to see whether whatever he tells to us is a lie,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:32 AM.

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “Please, just get over here...” You mumble hoarsely, eyes desperately gazing up at the man with the first aid kit. You’re going into shock, sarcastically muttering to yourself about how great that is, and you know you don’t have much time.

    “Sur- Surgei. You have to lead him away. Your boosted speed should allow you to dodge more attacks. Just keep him away. Please...”
    “It’s a girl.” Was the snark you get from Surgei, who disobeys your order. At first, it may look like he’s just being rude as always, but the fact is, he knows that any attempt to lead Teddiursa away would be futile. It would see you as a sitting Ducklett and finish you off. Instead, the shield of Ancient Power is suddenly fired at the oncoming bear, once again flinging her up and into the lake.

    The father takes advantage of the time he has, going over with his first aid kit and opening it. His hands are shaking from fright, but not as intensely as yours. “Here, I’ll help you. But this is going to sting.” He says, taking some antisceptic wipes to try and clean your hands of the blood. “We need to get you to a doctor or hospital, but I’ll do my best for now...”

    Teddiursa might not be alone, and Surgei knows that, too. With a bit more effort required this time, she pulls herself up and out of the lake, sopping wet and sneering at all three of you. The bear looks like she’s struggling from this point. Surgei hovers close by, determined to defend. What do you do?
    Blaze saw that the man with the first aid kit had come to his senses and was coming over to him with the kit. "Listen man, we are going to need to disinfect and cover those wounds. It is going to sting quit a bit, these wounds aren't small." The man took out a small bottle of hydrogen peroxide ('H2O2' Blaze thought in the mean time), and poured it onto Blaze's wounds. Blaze bit down on his lower lip as the stinging cut through the previous numbness with sharp intensity, like a knife that sliced through the air itself. Blaze's lower lip began to bleed from the pressure. "Thank you sir." The man looked at Blaze with a kind face. "Not a problem. But you better get to a hospital, and fast too."

    Surgei in the meantime had heard the order Blaze had given him. "Blaze, its a girl."He flew towards the wall of rocks he had built, and began to raise them into the air, causing Blaze to fall back. He hit his left hand and grimaced in pain, and looked up at Surgei. "What, what, what are you doing?" 'God damn it Surgei! You need to listen.' "Blaze, I won't be able to lead him away, and I think you know that. The minute I try he will come after you. We have to fight." He finished raising up all the rocks and flung them at the Teddiursa, who was almost at him. The first rock hit Teddiursa in the face and shot him into the air, while the rest of the rocks shot him up and he fell into the lake. Blaze breathed a sigh of relief, but, somehow knew that this was not over.

    Surgei flew down towards Blaze, and looked at the lake. The Teddiursa was still in the fight, but it looked tired and ragged. It was not going to take much more abuse. "Blaze, listen. It is my guess that this Teddiursa is not alone. It is too confident really. If that is the case, we need to prepare for the possibility. What should we do?"

    Blaze did not have much time to think. But, did he really need it. No. "Alright, Surgei, she is not going to last much longer. Pump as many Ancientpowers into him as possible. Defeat her. If that is the case, then I think we will have enough time to get away. But, I will need you to pick me up, Surgei. Do that first. I can run afterwards. My legs are fine." "Got it Blaze."
    Last edited by Plight of Leon; 23rd September 2012 at 1:47 PM.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – You remember what a Confusion attack did to your Skarmory, and as a human, you are much weaker than her. “Leer at it, Skarmory.” You whisper, just incase it can understand human tongue, “When it’s distracted enough by that, Peck it.”

    Chainsaw focuses, eyes narrowed, hissing through her metal beak, extending her wings to look as ferocious as possible. Woobat is momentarily stunned, and in that time, she goes to conduct a Peck attack. It misses, the Woobat rolling across the floor. These are the only moves your Pokemon knows, and unless you can improvise something, this stalemate will continue until the bat wears out or you change your mind and leave. What do you do?

    "Try to get above it, and keep it on the floor with Peck!" Suchiru whispered once more. Of course, she was slightly concerned that the Confusion attack might happen again, but then again, if Chainsaw attacked quickly enough, then perhaps it wouldn't get an opening to attack them...
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's University Updates Wahey~

    ((BTW, Deadlion, I need your responses to be at least four lines, because I'm struggling to find something to work with here. I'm basically not allowed to respond to anything less than that, so you've been told from now on.))

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You try to get a sense of the man’s being by looking around, but once your guide is gone, you pick up Vulpix, hugging you tightly. The natural warmth in her fur is nice considering how damp you are, and she looks up at you, just as trusting of you as before despite her fall.

    “We’ll tell him what we saw down there.” You assure her, and she ‘Vul!’s back at you brightly, “We’ll study his body language; hands touching his face, throat and mouth or avoiding eye contact, anything, to see whether whatever he says to us is a lie.”

    The sound of lowered masculine voices reaches your ears and you tense, concerned that you might have been overheard. It’s a little distance away, but soon, the man in the window slowly walks down the staircase with a cane to support himself in one hand. The man you’ve been talking to, whose name you still lack, isn’t supporting him, but walking at his side just incase.

    The one from the window looks like a businessman, with red hair cut short, fashionably and tidily. The suit is flashy, and custom made, but not out of the ordinary. If it was white, it would have been too much. Even the shirt underneath has colour, and is a pastel blue.

    “Good afternoon.” He greets sternly, face not giving away anything, except for his eyes. He strikes you as a person keen to wield control, but with the tension in his shoulders, and hint of nervousness in his eyes, you know something is bothering him. He seems shaky, too, but with the cane, you can’t be sure if that’s attributed to any sort of panic or a condition, “I saw that you were inside of my ship. Would you like to tell me what you were doing wandering around my beach, and my ship?”

    It looks like he’s not too keen to give you a seat, either. And that you might also be in trouble like predicted. Oops. What do you do?

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Surgei conveys his thoughts to you alloud whilst the ferocious Teddiursa stares you down. She doesn’t know human talk, but wishes she did, just so that she could threaten and insult you in a tongue you’d both understand (and perhaps so she could understand whatever feeble strategy you’ve both come up with).

    “Alright, Surgei, she’s not going to last much longer. Pump as many Ancientpowers into her as possible. Defeat her. If that is the case, then I think we will have enough time to get away. But, I will need you to pick me up, Surgei.” You add, all your words clear and firm as the man with the first aid kit wraps gauze and tape around your hands and fingers, most of the shredded skin now hidden behind white that probably won’t stay white for long. “Do that first. I can run afterwards. My legs are fine.”

    “Got it, Blaze.” Surgei replies, his big red eyes locking with the Teddiursa’s. Rocks rise from the field of battle, and the enemy Pokemon goes in for the kill. She trips over one of the rocks that begins to levitate from the earth, and is then victim to a triple-barrelling of Ancientpower! Brutal. When the debris clears, you see the bear out cold on the grass, sobbing into the fine blades, unmoving except for the shaking of her little body.

    What do you do?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – You order Chainsaw to use Peck yet again, but Woobat has wised up to you. It knows that Skarmory knows nothing else but Leer. Tired, and bored of the proceedings, the Pokemon flees, using Confusion to force open the doors of the lift, and fly into the dusty, dark booth of a lift. It gets through the broken window, and up through the shaft, ascending and leaving you both behind. The echo of rattling bones falls dead. You fought for nothing.

    “Well, at least it’s gone...” You murmur, surprised but relieved. You two are both tired, and in hindsight, you should have tried to do better. You spent a lot of energy trying to deal with that battle and don’t even have a proper victory to show for it. On the other hand, at least the puzzle of opening the lift doors has been solved for you, seeing as there was nothing around to open them with like you had originally hoped.

    The power’s off, though, and there isn’t even a functioning light in that lift. There is, like all lifts, an opening in the ceiling, but that isn't really visible in such darkness. How are you going to get up to the top? Follow Woobat’s example (if Chainsaw will fit... And she probably won’t...), or think of something else?

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Surgei conveys his thoughts to you alloud whilst the ferocious Teddiursa stares you down. She doesn’t know human talk, but wishes she did, just so that she could threaten and insult you in a tongue you’d both understand (and perhaps so she could understand whatever feeble strategy you’ve both come up with).

    “Alright, Surgei, she’s not going to last much longer. Pump as many Ancientpowers into her as possible. Defeat her. If that is the case, then I think we will have enough time to get away. But, I will need you to pick me up, Surgei.” You add, all your words clear and firm as the man with the first aid kit wraps gauze and tape around your hands and fingers, most of the shredded skin now hidden behind white that probably won’t stay white for long. “Do that first. I can run afterwards. My legs are fine.”

    “Got it, Blaze.” Surgei replies, his big red eyes locking with the Teddiursa’s. Rocks rise from the field of battle, and the enemy Pokemon goes in for the kill. She trips over one of the rocks that begins to levitate from the earth, and is then victim to a triple-barrelling of Ancientpower! Brutal. When the debris clears, you see the bear out cold on the grass, sobbing into the fine blades, unmoving except for the shaking of her little body.

    What do you do?
    After Surgei gave the Teddiursa the pounding of its life, Blaze looked at the Teddiursa. It was face first in the grass, completely immobile except for the slight shake in her little body. Blaze let out a sigh of relief, and looked around. The lake was pretty much deserted except for a few people, and there was rocks laying around everywhere. Surgei flied over to Blaze, looking a little winded but okay to keep battling. Thankfully, he had not gotten hurt in the exchange. "So, Blaze, looks like it is over, right? The little teddy bear is out like a light, and everybody is safe. Isn't that what you wanted?" "Yes, Surgei. I wanted people to be safe. But, most importantly, I wanted you to be safe. And thankfully, you aren't hurt. That all I could ever ask. I would give you a pat on the back, but, my hands are kinda ****." Blaze and Surgei let out a chuckle, and Blaze thought, 'Well, it seems as cutting up your hands would make you closer to a Pokemon. How interesting...'

    "Surgei, I think we should wait for the Rangers to come. In the mean time, rest for now. We are going to need to be ready for battle if that Teddiursa was not alone." "You are not going to catch it?" "No, we only have room for one psychopath on the team, and Hades fills that spot." Surgei let out a hoarse laugh, and falls on the ground, ready to take a rest. 'Hopefully the Rangers come soon...'


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You try to get a sense of the man’s being by looking around, but once your guide is gone, you pick up Vulpix, hugging you tightly. The natural warmth in her fur is nice considering how damp you are, and she looks up at you, just as trusting of you as before despite her fall.

    “We’ll tell him what we saw down there.” You assure her, and she ‘Vul!’s back at you brightly, “We’ll study his body language; hands touching his face, throat and mouth or avoiding eye contact, anything, to see whether whatever he says to us is a lie.”

    The sound of lowered masculine voices reaches your ears and you tense, concerned that you might have been overheard. It’s a little distance away, but soon, the man in the window slowly walks down the staircase with a cane to support himself in one hand. The man you’ve been talking to, whose name you still lack, isn’t supporting him, but walking at his side just incase.

    The one from the window looks like a businessman, with red hair cut short, fashionably and tidily. The suit is flashy, and custom made, but not out of the ordinary. If it was white, it would have been too much. Even the shirt underneath has colour, and is a pastel blue.

    “Good afternoon.” He greets sternly, face not giving away anything, except for his eyes. He strikes you as a person keen to wield control, but with the tension in his shoulders, and hint of nervousness in his eyes, you know something is bothering him. He seems shaky, too, but with the cane, you can’t be sure if that’s attributed to any sort of panic or a condition, “I saw that you were inside of my ship. Would you like to tell me what you were doing wandering around my beach, and my ship?”

    It looks like he’s not too keen to give you a seat, either. And that you might also be in trouble like predicted. Oops. What do you do?

    The sound of hushed voices reached Hallow's ears, he tensed up, concerned that he might have been overheard.

    It was a little distance away, but soon, the man he saw in the window slowly walked down the staircase with a cane that supported him in one hand and the man that had saved him earlier, whose name he still lacked. Hallow noticed he wasn't supporting his boss, but instead walked at his side.

    The shadowy figure he caught a glimpse of earlier looked to be a businessman, with fiery red hair cut short, fashionably and tidily. The suit was flashy, and custom made, but not out of the ordinary. If it was white, it would have been too much. Even the shirt underneath had color, and was a pastel blue.

    “Good afternoon.” He greeted sternly, his face not giving anything away, except for his eyes. He striked Hallow as a person keen to wield control, but with the tension in his shoulders, and hint of nervousness in his eyes, Hallow knew something was bothering him. He seemed shaky, too, but with the cane, Hallow couldn’t be sure if that was attributed to any sort of panic or his condition,

    “I saw that you were inside of my ship. Would you like to tell me what you were doing wandering around my beach, and my ship?”

    "I'll cut to the chase, but before that, it's customary to address one self before asking such question, you a man of such high decor should at least know that," Hallow desperately trying to keep his nervousness in check,

    "My name's Hallow Heartless," he bowed with Grace in his arms,
    "and my partner Grace,"
    "Vul!," the fiery fox howled out,
    "We were initially looking for lost treasure," he said, "surely yourself have heard of the stories of pirates that used to roam this land,"
    Hallow didn't wait for a response,
    "By some misfortune we got lost and stumbled upon that large pirate ship across the sand,"
    "As adventure seekers we thought to look inside from the get-go,"
    "It must of been fate that brought us there, as a storm soon approached and we had no choice but to seek shelter inside,"

    Hallow stopped to think, seeking his words ever carefully,
    "...Whether you believe us or not..., we know what we saw,"
    "We explored deep inside the ship and heard noises, we thought we weren't alone,"
    "We didn't get a chance to see what it was as my poor Vulpix,..*sniff*"
    tears started to well up in Hallow's eyes,
    Vulpix looked at him, wiping his tears with her paw,
    "She fell through a staircase as we made are way up ground,"
    "I instantly followed her and the torch in my hand fell too, by some miracle the fire stayed lite and I found my friend,"
    He looked at both of the men with a serious expression,
    "Sir, the torch became alive, it grew out of control and my gut tells me that something supernatural caused it,"

    "And something also tells me, thats exactly the news you wanted to hear,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:34 AM.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Monday Morning Marathon~

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – The sight of a Teddiursa ripe for the taking might tempt other trainers, but you already have one psychopath on your team, and Hades fills that spot. Besides, you have a feeling that she isn’t alone, and Teddiursa might look a state, but at least there would be one to find. Ursaring are bad tempered enough as it is, without coming to learn that you have kidnapped their darling baby bear.

    You drop onto the ground a little awkwardly, making sure you don’t rest your hands down, since that would hurt even worse. Still, if this is how to bond with your Yanmega, maybe it’s worth the hardship. After all, that’s what you set out to do, and you’ve achieved it already! Well done. Next task: living.
    “I need to go and find my family. Do you think you’ll be alright on your own?” The man asks, sounding doubtful. You give him the affirmative, glancing to Surgei, who buzzes beside you silently. He might be rude sometimes, but you have full faith in him. The father leaves a few supplies behind for you, just incase, and then runs off with the medical kit to reunite with his loved ones.

    It isn’t long before the Ranger arrives, decked out in the trademark red, running alongside a bulky looking Seismitoad. His hair is so unkempt it looks like he might have been pulled through some hedges backward, and its shade is the same as the earth that your Yanmega has pulled up. You suddenly realise, awkwardly, that just trying to save yourself from Teddiursa has made this place look quite unsightly...

    “Hey, it looks like you’re alright. Just about.” He says, looking between the pair of you and the Teddiursa with a frown. The state of affairs has not gone unnoticed. “Let me guess – that Teddiursa tried to steal from you or something?”

    Maybe the person who went to alert the Ranger filled him in, but he doesn’t seem surprised at all at what’s happened. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You try to keep your nervousness in check, but in correcting the manners of the owner of the house, you forget your own. He holds the cards, and he sneers at you, lips curling with contempt. The Vulpix’s cute greeting, which would otherwise be thought of as sweet, he simply finds irritating.

    “My name is Zachary Austin, and I own this land. You’re a tresspasser on it.” He replies coldly. You’ve hit the nail on the head, for his eyes widen just a tad as you mention that supernatural is what he wishes to hear. Perhaps he’s also impressed by your standing up to him, but Zachary has seen you snivel and tear up, and knows that out of the two of you, you are the one that will lose in any kind of fight.

    “Come through here, and we’ll talk more about your little adventure.” You sense a threat, but he doesn’t say it threateningly. The other man doesn’t look happy about how this encounter has gone, and once his boss leads you to a plain dining room, he follows behind, a hand resting lightly on your back. Zachary seats himself as head of the table, and you leave a space between yourself and him. The final of the trio, who may or may not be your ally in this situation, sits opposite you. Maids lay a few appetisers and cups of tea, which you need to warm you.

    “You were right about the supernatural,” Zachary starts, and he seems to be forcing his own calm, “You won’t find any treasure in that place, you can trust me. Only trouble, and by what you’ve told me, it seems like it’s going to keep following you until you’re finished.”

    Trouble following you until you’re finished? Did you both hear this right? Supernatural, unscientific trouble?

    “Have you heard of Peggy’s Cove?”

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •