Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 519

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

  1. #376
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You try to keep your nervousness in check, but in correcting the manners of the owner of the house, you forget your own. He holds the cards, and he sneers at you, lips curling with contempt. The Vulpix’s cute greeting, which would otherwise be thought of as sweet, he simply finds irritating.

    “My name is Zachary Austin, and I own this land. You’re a tresspasser on it.” He replies coldly. You’ve hit the nail on the head, for his eyes widen just a tad as you mention that supernatural is what he wishes to hear. Perhaps he’s also impressed by your standing up to him, but Zachary has seen you snivel and tear up, and knows that out of the two of you, you are the one that will lose in any kind of fight.

    “Come through here, and we’ll talk more about your little adventure.” You sense a threat, but he doesn’t say it threateningly. The other man doesn’t look happy about how this encounter has gone, and once his boss leads you to a plain dining room, he follows behind, a hand resting lightly on your back. Zachary seats himself as head of the table, and you leave a space between yourself and him. The final of the trio, who may or may not be your ally in this situation, sits opposite you. Maids lay a few appetisers and cups of tea, which you need to warm you.

    “You were right about the supernatural,” Zachary starts, and he seems to be forcing his own calm, “You won’t find any treasure in that place, you can trust me. Only trouble, and by what you’ve told me, it seems like it’s going to keep following you until you’re finished.”

    Trouble following you until you’re finished? Did you both hear this right? Supernatural, unscientific trouble?

    “Have you heard of Peggy’s Cove?”

    He held the cards, sneering at Hallow as he was corrected, lips curled with contempt. The Vulpix’s cute greeting, which would otherwise be thought of as sweet, he simply found irritating.

    “My name is Zachary Austin, and I own this land. You’re a tresspasser on it.” He replied coldly.
    But Hallow hit the nail on the head, for the man's eyes widened just a tad as hallow mentioned that something supernatural was what he wished to hear.

    Perhaps the man was also impressed by how well Hallow held his own against him, but Zachary had seen him snivel and tear up, and he knew that out of the two of them, Hallow was the one that would other wise lose in any kind of fight.

    “Come through here, and we’ll talk more about your little adventure.” Hallow sensed a threat, but it wasn't because the man sounded threatening. The other man didn’t look happy about how this encounter had gone, and once his boss lead Hallow to a plain dining room, he followed behind, placing his right hand lightly on Hallow's back.

    Hallow looked back at him, feeling as if he had some kind of guardian angel in his court.

    Zachary sat himself at head of the table,
    Hallow left a space between himself and Zachary. The final of the trio, who may or may not have been on Hallow's side, sat opposite him.

    Maids laid a few appetisers and cups of tea,
    which Hallow gladly took to warm himself.

    “You were right about the supernatural,” Zachary started,
    Hallow noted the forced calm in the man's voice,

    “You won’t find any treasure in that place, you can trust me. Only trouble, and by what you’ve told me, it seems like it’s going to keep following you until you’re finished.”

    Hallow laughed lightly, "Trouble always seems to follow where ever I ago Sir,"

    “Have you heard of Peggy’s Cove?," Zachary asked,

    Hallow put his cup of tea down and started to pet Grace who was laying on his lap,
    "I can't say I have, sir,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 9:39 AM.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – You order Chainsaw to use Peck yet again, but Woobat has wised up to you. It knows that Skarmory knows nothing else but Leer. Tired, and bored of the proceedings, the Pokemon flees, using Confusion to force open the doors of the lift, and fly into the dusty, dark booth of a lift. It gets through the broken window, and up through the shaft, ascending and leaving you both behind. The echo of rattling bones falls dead. You fought for nothing.

    “Well, at least it’s gone...” You murmur, surprised but relieved. You two are both tired, and in hindsight, you should have tried to do better. You spent a lot of energy trying to deal with that battle and don’t even have a proper victory to show for it. On the other hand, at least the puzzle of opening the lift doors has been solved for you, seeing as there was nothing around to open them with like you had originally hoped.

    The power’s off, though, and there isn’t even a functioning light in that lift. There is, like all lifts, an opening in the ceiling, but that isn't really visible in such darkness. How are you going to get up to the top? Follow Woobat’s example (if Chainsaw will fit... And she probably won’t...), or think of something else?


    Suchiru walked into the lift, and looked upwards, into the seemingly endless black above them. It didn't look as if Chainsaw would it, and as they didn't really know what was up there, climbing would probably be a very stupid thing to do. Either way, Chainsaw still wouldn't fit... Perhaps they could widen the hole? But then, with only Peck and Leer, it wasn't really possible. Looked like there was really no way up. She exited the lift, and shook her head at Chainsaw, who, though looking tired, still seemed eager. They wouldn't be climbing up today... Perhaps some other time, when they had adequate training under their belts.
    "Not today, Chainsaw." Suchiru told the metal bird, as she headed for the stairs, "Come on, I'll need your help to get down again."
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You replace your cup of tea, petting Grace who is resting in your lap, finally able to relax even with the human tension swimming around the room. It doesn’t need to be said that as a fire-type, the stormy weather outside doesn’t really fall into her favour. “I can’t say I have, sir.”

    “Decades ago, it’s said that a cruise ship came apart at sea, and that there was only one survivor: a woman named Peggy, who would always wait by her cove close to the lighthouse in hope that others from the wreck might return to her. In one version of the story, she lived happily ever after with a man that she met... In another...” Zachary trails off ominously. If it was so long ago, she most likely died a grisly or mysterious death.

    “The ship that we salvaged is a pirate ship, but I believe that this ship is actually the one that Peggy boarded. As a pirate herself, or as a hostage, I have no idea... But women were always said to bring bad luck to ships they sailed on, and many dark happenings have happened around that wreck. Pokemon know better than to go near it. So do most people. Those who don’t usually suffer for it.” He explained, and he seems slightly amused. You’re about to find out why.

    “If there is any truth to what I’ve just told you, you invaded her ship. So she’s going to come after you now.”

    What do you do?

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – The sight of a Teddiursa ripe for the taking might tempt other trainers, but you already have one psychopath on your team, and Hades fills that spot. Besides, you have a feeling that she isn’t alone, and Teddiursa might look a state, but at least there would be one to find. Ursaring are bad tempered enough as it is, without coming to learn that you have kidnapped their darling baby bear.

    You drop onto the ground a little awkwardly, making sure you don’t rest your hands down, since that would hurt even worse. Still, if this is how to bond with your Yanmega, maybe it’s worth the hardship. After all, that’s what you set out to do, and you’ve achieved it already! Well done. Next task: living.
    “I need to go and find my family. Do you think you’ll be alright on your own?” The man asks, sounding doubtful. You give him the affirmative, glancing to Surgei, who buzzes beside you silently. He might be rude sometimes, but you have full faith in him. The father leaves a few supplies behind for you, just incase, and then runs off with the medical kit to reunite with his loved ones.

    It isn’t long before the Ranger arrives, decked out in the trademark red, running alongside a bulky looking Seismitoad. His hair is so unkempt it looks like he might have been pulled through some hedges backward, and its shade is the same as the earth that your Yanmega has pulled up. You suddenly realise, awkwardly, that just trying to save yourself from Teddiursa has made this place look quite unsightly...

    “Hey, it looks like you’re alright. Just about.” He says, looking between the pair of you and the Teddiursa with a frown. The state of affairs has not gone unnoticed. “Let me guess – that Teddiursa tried to steal from you or something?”

    Maybe the person who went to alert the Ranger filled him in, but he doesn’t seem surprised at all at what’s happened. Is there more to this than meets the eye?
    Truthfully, Blaze had been tempted by the Teddiursa, but, decided that it would be better off if he didn't take it. Hades was already a psychopath enough, trying to kill Blaze at every turn, and he did not want another Pokemon scheming against him. Plus, Blaze was rapidly becoming more and more sure that the Teddiursa was a child instead of more of an adult-like Pokemon, and it might have an Ursaring parent near by...Blaze did not want to anger the parent to the point of attacking by trying the catch the Teddiursa.

    Blaze dropped onto the ground with a little bit of a limp and a slight THUD, showing that his hands were still in pretty bad shape. He did not allow the hands to rest, as that would make them scream out in pain. 'Better to let them hang in the air for a little while.' he though to himself. But, Blaze was happy that Surgei and him were bonding together, and, if this was the price to pay for that, then so be it. 'One could even say I got a bargain for that!' But he knew that the next most important task would be trying to survive the day without bleeding out. The man next to him that had helped with his hands looked to Blaze inquisitively, and said, "I need to go and find my family. Do you think you'll be alright on your own?" Blaze noted that the man was doubtful about his condition, but, Blaze gave him a nod with his his head. The father left some supplies with Blaze, and then ran off with the medical kit to go see his family. 'Well, I did a good thing. I protected a family and other people.' He looked at Surgei, who buzzed beside his head. "Well, he sure has some of that good old Russian rudeness in him, but, he is dependable. A good soldier if I have ever seen one.'

    Blaze looked at the sun as he waited for the Ranger to come along and hopefully help him. It wasn't long before a Ranger appeared out of the woods, wearing the trademark red that identified them so easily. Along side of him was a rather bulky looking Pokemon with odd warts all over his body. Blaze couldn't pull out his Pokedex to learn more about it, but he knew that it was a Seismitoad. 'Kinda of a ugly looking bugger.' Looking at the ranger again, Blaze noticed that his hair was really unkempt, but he didn't know if it was just kept like that or rather if the trek through the woods had made it like that. His hair was a muddy brown color, similar to the rocks and earth that Surgei had raised from the ground to save you from the Teddiursa. 'Oh boy...I kinda caused a mess here, haven't I.'

    "Hey, it looks like you're alright. Just about." the Ranger said to Blaze. He looked between you and the Teddiursa with a frown. He has obviously noticed the fight that had gone on here. "Let me quess - that Teddiursa tried to steal something from you or something?"

    'Well, he seems to know something about what went on. Not the whole story, but most of it. Odd...' Blaze grunted as his hands stung again, and Surgei looked over anxiously. "Actually, sir, it wasn't trying to steal from me. There was a family here on a picnic, and it tried to take their food. Got the mother pretty badly I think. Then, he tried going after the man who had brought you here, but, Surgei and I went to go stop him. I got the wounds on my hands when I tried to grab him and hold him down." Blaze looked up at the Ranger and gave a slight chuckle, "Well, pretty stupid of me, wasn't it? I didn't catch your name by the way. What was it?" Blaze looked at Yanmega with a suspicious look, signaling Surgei about his doubts. Surgei nodded back, picking on it as well. 'Something isn't right here. What does he know?'


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You replace your cup of tea, petting Grace who is resting in your lap, finally able to relax even with the human tension swimming around the room. It doesn’t need to be said that as a fire-type, the stormy weather outside doesn’t really fall into her favour. “I can’t say I have, sir.”

    “Decades ago, it’s said that a cruise ship came apart at sea, and that there was only one survivor: a woman named Peggy, who would always wait by her cove close to the lighthouse in hope that others from the wreck might return to her. In one version of the story, she lived happily ever after with a man that she met... In another...” Zachary trails off ominously. If it was so long ago, she most likely died a grisly or mysterious death.

    “The ship that we salvaged is a pirate ship, but I believe that this ship is actually the one that Peggy boarded. As a pirate herself, or as a hostage, I have no idea... But women were always said to bring bad luck to ships they sailed on, and many dark happenings have happened around that wreck. Pokemon know better than to go near it. So do most people. Those who don’t usually suffer for it.” He explained, and he seems slightly amused. You’re about to find out why.

    “If there is any truth to what I’ve just told you, you invaded her ship. So she’s going to come after you now.”

    What do you do?


    “Decades ago, it’s said that a cruise ship came apart at sea, and that there was only one survivor: a woman named Peggy, who would always wait by her cove close to the lighthouse in hopes that others from the wreck might return to her. In one version of the story, she lived happily ever after with a man that she met... In another...” Zachary trailed off ominously.
    If it was so long ago, Hallow thought, she most likely died a grisly or mysterious death.

    “The ship that we salvaged is a pirate ship, but I believe that this ship is actually the one that Peggy boarded. As a pirate herself, or as a hostage, I have no idea... But women were always said to bring bad luck to ships they sailed on, and many dark happenings have happened around that wreck. Pokemon know better than to go near it. So do most people. Those who don’t usually suffer for it.” He explained, slightly amused.
    “If there is any truth to what I’ve just told you, you invaded her ship. So she’s going to come after you now.”

    Hallow grabbed his cup of hot tea and quickly finished it, after which he gentled placed it back on the table,
    After all he had heard...Hallow...started to laugh,

    "Hahaha, oh come now, you could tell a better story then that couldn't you?, haha,"
    He enjoyed himself for a good 5mins,
    after which he tired to control his amusement and calmed down,
    "Oh, I haven't had a good laugh in a while,"
    He wiped tears of joy from his eye,
    "Look at that, even tears of joy," he noted in his eyes,

    "Well, even with my sudden out burst, I can truly say I believe you, and your story,"

    His expression quickly changed and hardened,
    "As to why you yourself have that ship in your possession must tie in with all this, no?"

    He switched his gaze and turned his attention to the man across the table, the man who guided him out the ship,
    "What say you stranger, you entered the ship, are you afraid of fate?,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 9:48 AM.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You finish your tea and place it back onto the table, and then start to laugh. Zachary clears his throat, regarding you coldly as you laugh away. “Oh, come on now, you could tell a story better than that, couldn’t you?” You mock the teller, going on, “Oh, I haven’t had a good laugh in a while. Look at that, tears of joy!”
    The host sneers, and you try to contain yourself, explaining that you do believe his story. Your rudeness, however, has been too much, but your expression hardens. “As to why you yourself have the ship in your possession must tie in with this, no?”

    “It does. In fact, it’s perfect.” Zachary states, expression vicious. You realise that you should have kept your mouth shut. This man has saved your life, and you’re on his land, and now you’re acting superior to him. This is clearly a person who values his authority. “I don’t have to do anything to save you. And with the spirit satisfied with dealing with you, it won’t worry about me.”

    You switch your gaze to the one across from you. Questioning the stranger about whether or not he’s afraid of fate, you find that he looks uncomfortable. If he had mastered any kind of pokerface, it was failing now. He doesn’t get a chance to speak before his master does, “Maybe it will come after him, maybe it won’t. But he wasn’t the one to break anything, or almost start a fire. You disturbed the peace. He stalled their progress at finishing you... But I doubt he’s the target. Either way. I’m sure we’ll find out. Or you will find out.”

    Zachary doesn’t like you anymore. Your ‘fate’ has apparently been decided. You have no support here, unless you can think of a way to regain it. What do you do?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – You enter the lift to examine it, and frown at the sight. Skarmory is a steel type and naturally one tough cookie, but you think that with her limited skills at the moment, she won’t be capable of making the hole big enough to try and clamber through. Upon leaving, you notice that Chainsaw still looks eager despite her tiredness. Unfortunately, you are not.

    “Come on, I’ll need your help to get down again.” You tell her, and the bird ***** her head, dropping low for you to clamber on. The way down should be easier for you, but you’re a bit flustered after fighting that Woobat and unsure of what else you might face. Understandably, Chainsaw struggles more with going down than up these steps – the ride down to the exit is a bumpy, stop-starty one! You laugh, though, partially from catharsis. Eventually reaching the door at the bottom, you vow that when you’re stronger – the both of you – you will challenge the mysteries of this abandoned lighthouse, and it’s enduring beacon, one day in your future...

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You finish your tea and place it back onto the table, and then start to laugh. Zachary clears his throat, regarding you coldly as you laugh away. “Oh, come on now, you could tell a story better than that, couldn’t you?” You mock the teller, going on, “Oh, I haven’t had a good laugh in a while. Look at that, tears of joy!”
    The host sneers, and you try to contain yourself, explaining that you do believe his story. Your rudeness, however, has been too much, but your expression hardens. “As to why you yourself have the ship in your possession must tie in with this, no?”

    “It does. In fact, it’s perfect.” Zachary states, expression vicious. You realise that you should have kept your mouth shut. This man has saved your life, and you’re on his land, and now you’re acting superior to him. This is clearly a person who values his authority. “I don’t have to do anything to save you. And with the spirit satisfied with dealing with you, it won’t worry about me.”

    You switch your gaze to the one across from you. Questioning the stranger about whether or not he’s afraid of fate, you find that he looks uncomfortable. If he had mastered any kind of pokerface, it was failing now. He doesn’t get a chance to speak before his master does, “Maybe it will come after him, maybe it won’t. But he wasn’t the one to break anything, or almost start a fire. You disturbed the peace. He stalled their progress at finishing you... But I doubt he’s the target. Either way. I’m sure we’ll find out. Or you will find out.”

    Zachary doesn’t like you anymore. Your ‘fate’ has apparently been decided. You have no support here, unless you can think of a way to regain it. What do you do?


    “It does. In fact, it’s perfect.” Zachary stated, his expression vicious.
    Zachary was clearly a person who valued his authority.
    “I don’t have to do anything to save you. And with the spirit satisfied with dealing with you, it won’t worry about me.”

    The man that lifted Hallow out of the hole seemed to be rather unease. If he had mastered any kind of pokerface, it was failing now. As he opened his mouth to respond, his master cut him off before he had a chance, “Maybe it will come after him, maybe it won’t. But he wasn’t the one to break anything, or almost start a fire. You disturbed the peace. He stalled their progress at finishing you... But I doubt he’s the target. Either way. I’m sure we’ll find out. Or you will find out.”

    What ever liking feelings Zachary had for Hallow, even if it was only a little, they were no more. Hallow's ‘fate’ had apparently been decided the moment he stepped foot in the ship. Hallow had no support here.

    Hallow finally lifted his gaze from the man with the tanned skin, brown hair, in blue board-shorts and white top,
    He thought for a moment, Hallow didn't like Zachary, it was one of those rare encounters that people had in life, Hallow didn't need to know his life story to know they could never get along, the instant feeling of hatred,

    Hallow felt used, the only reason I'm here is because I saw what I saw,
    And he just couldn't understand why it interested Zachary so much,
    a curse meant nothing to Hallow, but seeing an innocent bystander get into the mix for saving his life, he felt responsible,
    No, he felt a debt needed to be paid,

    "What is it I have to do to lift this curse?,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 9:54 AM.

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Updates

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – “A curse is an interesting way of putting it.” Zachary says to you with a hint of wry amusement. He clearly hadn’t thought of it that way, if much at all. “I don’t know if there’s any way to lift it. If the stories of the expedition before the salvaging – or invasion of the ship afterwards by stupid children – were true, nobody’s ever made it out to tell me, or anyone.” He explains to you.

    “I don’t know if you can kill a ghost, if there is one. My gut says the dead are already dead enough! But you don’t have anything better to do than try.” He says. The master of the house looks over the pair of you, and Grace doesn’t look secure about the news she was given. She shivers in your lap. Finally, the stranger in board shorts stands up.

    “If there’s anything else you want to ask, ask it. Otherwise, there’s no point staying here and we should come up with a plan of action.”

    Zachary smirks, impressed at the bravery – or tomfoolery against the inevitable. What do you do?

    PoketimLook here

    AmphyLook here

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “I didn’t give you my name yet. It’s Christopher.” The Ranger tells you, going forward to hook an elbow round yours and gently hoist you up, the Seismitoad carefully helping from your other side. “It was kinda silly. Teddiursa look cute, but they’ve got sharp claws and some of them are brave and quick. All Pokemon are different, after all. I’m surprised you hadn’t heard about the trouble the ones here are causing.

    “It’s the Teddiursa and Ursaring, mostly,” He continues, starting to slowly lead you off in the direction he came from, probably to try and get you some more help. “A new group of them immigrated from another area a while ago, and they’ve been thriving here. Breeding like wildfire. They’re vicious buggers – all causing trouble, but we Rangers are struggling to find a solution. Mostof the forest Pokemon we befriend here aren’t tough enough to take them, and the trainers are usually holidaying on Whale Island and can’t be bothered with the challenge.” The ‘ugly looking thing’ nods in agreement with his partner’s predicament, “We’re at our wits end. Nobody’s been killed yet, but if this carries on... I just don’t know what’s pushing them to behave like this. I don’t think it’s natural.”

    So, the story wasn’t hidden for long, and it definitely isn’t right. What will you two do?

    Fireray - You walk along the forest path, heading for the lake, and the fire-type beside you looks unhappy. If it wasn’t for the fact that you had saved his life, he would not even be beside you right now, preferring to be with his own kind. You don’t think it’s unusual for fire-types to be unhappy, but many people would probably contest that with you.
    “Our next adventure will be in a volcano.” You reassure him, and his displeased cries stop. After a few minutes more, you reach the lake, taking in its picturesque scenery. This doesn’t last, however, as suddenly a bunch of figures, either hooded or masked, burst from the brush with what look like bazookas and guns. They’re fired off, flinging nets into the lake, intending to capture all the Pokemon living with it, and any treasures or lost items that may have sunk beneath.

    “Bring everything you can get!” One of them, a hulky man with an air of power calls out to his crew. He's tanned, and kitted out in combat trousers and sturdy boots for whatever the weather or job, his bare chest on show, torso only covered with an open, sleeveless jacket. His mask only covers half of his face, the top half aided by expensive sunglasses. There is no uniform, per say, but you can still tell that whatever's going on before you is organised. Wheels and an engine rumble closer from the other side of the lake. “Catch them, stun them, smoke them! Let’s go!”

    This area is protected, and even if it wasn’t... Poaching is just morally questionable. What do you do?
    Last edited by Meetan; 25th September 2012 at 5:20 PM.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – “A curse is an interesting way of putting it.” Zachary says to you with a hint of wry amusement. He clearly hadn’t thought of it that way, if much at all. “I don’t know if there’s any way to lift it. If the stories of the expedition before the salvaging – or invasion of the ship afterwards by stupid children – were true, nobody’s ever made it out to tell me, or anyone.” He explains to you.

    “I don’t know if you can kill a ghost, if there is one. My gut says the dead are already dead enough! But you don’t have anything better to do than try.” He says. The master of the house looks over the pair of you, and Grace doesn’t look secure about the news she was given. She shivers in your lap.Finally, the stranger in board shorts stands up.

    “If there’s anything else you want to ask, ask it. Otherwise, there’s no point staying here and we should come up with a plan of action.”

    Zachary smirks, impressed at the bravery – or tomfoolery against the inevitable. What do you do?

    “A curse is an interesting way of putting it.” Zachary said to Hallow, with a hint of wry amusement. “I don’t know if there’s any way to lift it. If the stories of the expedition before the salvaging – or invasion of the ship afterwards by stupid children – were true, nobody’s ever made it out to tell me, or anyone.” He explained to him.

    “I don’t know if you can kill a ghost, if there is one. My gut says the dead are already dead enough! But you don’t have anything better to do than try.” He said.
    Unless it isn't a ghost for say, Hallow thought, but really a pokemon,

    The master of the house looked them over, and Grace who had been calm till now, didn’t look too happy about the news she had been given.
    She shivered in Hallow's lap.
    Finally, the stranger in board shorts stood.
    “If there’s anything else you want to ask, ask it. Otherwise, there’s no point staying here and we should come up with a plan of action.”

    Zachary smirked, impressed by the bravery – or amused by the inevitable, most probably the latter,

    "No, enough talk, its time for action," Hallow took a pokeball out, emitting a red light that consumed Grace, in a split second she was secured inside,
    She would sooner or later have to face the danger of the ship, but at least for now..., he thought,

    He stood,
    "There's a place I'd like to investigate first,"
    "It was before Grace had fallen through the staircase, that we heard noise coming from on top of the ship,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 9:58 AM.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    No
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    Fireray - You walk along the forest path, heading for the lake, and the fire-type beside you looks unhappy. If it wasn’t for the fact that you had saved his life, he would not even be beside you right now, preferring to be with his own kind. You don’t think it’s unusual for fire-types to be unhappy, but many people would probably contest that with you.
    “Our next adventure will be in a volcano.” You reassure him, and his displeased cries stop. After a few minutes more, you reach the lake, taking in its picturesque scenery. This doesn’t last, however, as suddenly a bunch of figures, either hooded or masked, burst from the brush with what look like bazookas and guns. They’re fired off, flinging nets into the lake, intending to capture all the Pokemon living with it, and any treasures or lost items that may have sunk beneath.

    “Bring everything you can get!” One of them, a hulky man with an air of power calls out to his crew. He's tanned, and kitted out in combat trousers and sturdy boots for whatever the weather or job, his bare chest on show, torso only covered with an open, sleeveless jacket. His mask only covers half of his face, the top half aided by expensive sunglasses. There is no uniform, per say, but you can still tell that whatever's going on before you is organised. Wheels and an engine rumble closer from the other side of the lake. “Catch them, stun them, smoke them! Let’s go!”

    This area is protected, and even if it wasn’t... Poaching is just morally questionable. What do you do?

    OoC:As per FB regulations Cyndaquil can't come back till Thursday
    "Cyndaquil was still moaning. Sorry bud I can't stand it more any so come back to your pokeball.",Fireray told his Cyndaquil. The last thing Cyndaquil could remember before disappearing was going to a volcano. Fireray could finally enjoy the scenery for the first time in this journey. Fireray could only look at the beautiful view of the lake. Water Pokemon thrive here as if nothing is happening. Fireray continued to the lake gripping to a Pokeball that he found inside his bag wanting to throw it out but stop abruptly as men masked shot guns to the lake. 'Luckily I didn't throw out Corfish or that would have been bad. They organised but who's giving orders and what organisation do they belong to.' fireray thought while fling out his Pokeball he had gripped inside his hand.
    Out came Corfish and finally saw water in which he could swim in.
    "No Corfish we're not here to swim we need to stop those crooks. In what ever they're doing." Fireray shouted to his crab who walked back to his trainer ready for a battle.
    “Catch them, stun them, smoke them! Let’s go!” A hulking man told his grunt presumedly and leader.
    'Funny that sound like Cyndaquil what he can do.' thought fireray while hatching a plan to stop them.
    "Alright Corfish use Surf then bubble to stun them." Fireray told his Crab who was rearing to go.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “I didn’t give you my name yet. It’s Christopher.” The Ranger tells you, going forward to hook an elbow round yours and gently hoist you up, the Seismitoad carefully helping from your other side. “It was kinda silly. Teddiursa look cute, but they’ve got sharp claws and some of them are brave and quick. All Pokemon are different, after all. I’m surprised you hadn’t heard about the trouble the ones here are causing.

    “It’s the Teddiursa and Ursaring, mostly,” He continues, starting to slowly lead you off in the direction he came from, probably to try and get you some more help. “A new group of them immigrated from another area a while ago, and they’ve been thriving here. Breeding like wildfire. They’re vicious buggers – all causing trouble, but we Rangers are struggling to find a solution. Mostof the forest Pokemon we befriend here aren’t tough enough to take them, and the trainers are usually holidaying on Whale Island and can’t be bothered with the challenge.” The ‘ugly looking thing’ nods in agreement with his partner’s predicament, “We’re at our wits end. Nobody’s been killed yet, but if this carries on... I just don’t know what’s pushing them to behave like this. I don’t think it’s natural.”

    So, the story wasn’t hidden for long, and it definitely isn’t right. What will you two do?

    The ranger had caught on to Blaze's turn of phrasing, but didn't seem to be too mad or cautious about what Blaze what doing. “I didn’t give you my name yet. It’s Christopher.” the ranger says to Blaze as he hooked one arm around Blaze's, and his Seismitoad wrapped his arm around Blaze's other arm. They both heisted him up, and while Blaze was a little shaky, he found it was a little bit easier to stand up now then it was before. “It was kinda silly. Teddiursa look cute, but they’ve got sharp claws and some of them are brave and quick. All Pokemon are different, after all. I’m surprised you hadn’t heard about the trouble the ones here are causing." the Ranger said. "No, I hadn't heard. And if there was all this trouble, why were there people here?"

    “It’s the Teddiursa and Ursaring, mostly,” he said as him and his Seismitoad began to pull him in the direction that he came from. 'Probably to go get me some help most likely. Hopefully he isn't bringing me to their lair. :P' Surgei was attentive, buzzing around to make sure that the Ranger and his toad friend were not going to run off with Blaze. “A new group of them immigrated from another area a while ago, and they’ve been thriving here. Breeding like wildfire. They’re vicious buggers – all causing trouble, but we Rangers are struggling to find a solution. Most of the forest Pokemon we befriend here aren’t tough enough to take them, and the trainers are usually holidaying on Whale Island and can’t be bothered with the challenge.” The Siesmitoad next to Blaze nodded in agreement, and Blaze thought about what the ranger had said, 'So, it seems that some Teddiursa and Ursaring have immigrated here from another part of the island. Case of the invasive species. With no natural checks, they have flourished here, and have become aggressive and violent. The rest of the Pokemon in the forest are too weak to fight, and the Rangers are too spread out I would guess. Someone is at work here, this is not natural.' “We’re at our wits end. Nobody’s been killed yet, but if this carries on... I just don’t know what’s pushing them to behave like this. I don’t think it’s natural.”

    "I agree with you. This does not seem like a natural occurrence. But, it seems like it is something local, at least possibly." Surgei jumped into the conversation at that point, as he had a few questions that he would have liked to have answered. "Hello, Ranger Christopher." He did a slight salute to him in respect. "If I may, I would like to ask a few questions that would shed some light on the situation. For one, where are the Teddiursa and the Ursaring frequenting? Two, how many Rangers are there for the forest? Three, are there places that you have not been able to get into lately, for possibly a large group of these rabid animals? And finally, have their been anything suspicious happening lately? People moving in and out, or strange noises or machinery?" Blaze looked a little blushed, "Sorry, but Surgei is a reincarnated World War II soldier. He is good at asking questions?" Blaze looked at the ranger for the answers that would hopefully clear up this situation.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Update Collection

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – Taking Grace back into her Poke Ball, you decide that there’s been enough talk and that it’s time for action. “There’s a place I’d like to investigate first. It was before Grace had fallen through the staircase that we heard noise coming from on top of the ship.” You explain, and the man nods in understanding, glancing to Zachary.

    “We might as well go.” He tells his boss, “It’s useless to wait around in here.” Without waiting for permission or more insults, he strides out of the door, expecting you to follow (and you do). Braving the stormy conditions in his limited outfit, the man speaks over the howling wind and rainfall, “I’m Oliver, by the way. I work as a lifeguard and security here, too. I’ve only been here for just over a year, but I’ve not seen him act like that very often!”

    You have his name now, and feel more comfortable working with him. The bridge between you two has closed and you’re on the same boat. This time, he leaps through the break in the ship that you and Grace first did to enter, and he skids on the waterlogged wood, but doesn’t fall. “Do you have any idea how you’re going to get to the top? Psychic or fighting Pokemon, anything like that? If the Pokemon’s too heavy, there might be another collapse, so we should be careful.”

    What do you do?

    Laguna Lake
    Fireray – ((I’m going to say this now: laziness with capitalisation, punctuation and spelling is really not inspiring. It quite frankly says something when you can’t spell your own Pokemon’s species – ‘Corphish’ – correctly. I’m pretty sure you’ve been told off in other zones before and it has been a big debating topic recently so you should know better. Please shape up or I’ll take on someone else instead. I don’t demand perfection, but I do want better than this.))

    Cyndaquil was still moaning, and with a lax apology, you withdraw him from the scene. That probably wasn’t the best idea. Against these guys, who are clearly equipped to tackle water enemies, a fire-type might have better kept them on their toes. At least he was still thinking of volcanoes when he disappeared, not feeling disappointment or anything else negative.

    “No, Corphish, we’re not here to swim! We need to stop these crooks.” You order before your team member can attempt to take a dip. That would have been a really bad move. You know they’re organised, but who’s giving orders and what organisation do they belong to? The orders amuse you a little. They’re like a batch of human Cyndaquils!

    You order the little water-type to use surf, and follow up with a bubble attack to stun them. Daring to get closer to the water, a large wave suddenly rises from the lake, upsetting the already-surprised life within it. It crashes down on the enemies, who call out in anger at being soaked and stunned, soapy bubbles getting into their eyes and temporarily blinding them.
    “Boss, over there!” One man calls, still trying to fix his sight, a gloved hand rubbing furiously at irritated eyes. The assumed top dog from earlier turns round and sneers, eyeing your Corphish.

    “He’s just a child. But go and teach him a lesson, for his sake!” He orders, and at once, a small group of lackeys start making their way towards you, still wielding their large guns whilst the others try to continue the mission they started.

    They’re bigger than you in size, age and physical numbers. What do you do?

    Plight of Leon – The Ranger was momentarily stunned to find that the Yanmega had just started chattering away as if talking Pokemon were perfectly normal. Psychic types and the occasional Lapras or Lucario, maybe, but this? “Well...” Christopher started, clearing his throat to try and get past this not-so-little revelation, “The Teddiursa and Ursaring have made their nests at a waterfall and cliffsides not too far from the lake. There are caves there which reach out to different parts of the island. I know that some have occasionally started trekking out into the urban areas, but it’s not too frequent yet and there are only four Rangers currently available to deal with all situations we’re called in for.

    “Next, those areas I just mentioned are harder to traverse through on foot because of the Pokemon immigration. And finally... Whale Island has strange occurances all the time. It has a history, quite a superstitious one, but aside from stories about The Black Swan pirate ship, Pokemon have never been affected until now. I don’t even think people have, but they can choose to believe in whatever they want.” He adds. The rest stop is finally in sight: a big, wooden house, with small fencing around it to form a very minor garden perimeter. There was a loft as well, as the sky light in the roof suggested. Seismitoad holds you up by himself for a moment so that the Ranger could open the door for you all to enter, closing it behind you.

    “I’ll get an ambulance or a car to come out and collect you. Or, we’ll take you into town if there’s no other way.” Christopher assures you seriously, Seismitoad taking you through to a medical room, towards an empty white bed with a steel frame, “I won’t ask you to help us. You’re not in the condition to. But if you know of anyone – we’d appreciate the call when you feel ready to.”

    What do you do?

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – Taking Grace back into her Poke Ball, you decide that there’s been enough talk and that it’s time for action. “There’s a place I’d like to investigate first. It was before Grace had fallen through the staircase that we heard noise coming from on top of the ship.” You explain, and the man nods in understanding, glancing to Zachary.

    “We might as well go.” He tells his boss, “It’s useless to wait around in here.” Without waiting for permission or more insults, he strides out of the door, expecting you to follow (and you do). Braving the stormy conditions in his limited outfit, the man speaks over the howling wind and rainfall, “I’m Oliver, by the way. I work as a lifeguard and security here, too. I’ve only been here for just over a year, but I’ve not seen him act like that very often!”

    You have his name now, and feel more comfortable working with him. The bridge between you two has closed and you’re on the same boat. This time, he leaps through the break in the ship that you and Grace first did to enter, and he skids on the waterlogged wood, but doesn’t fall. “Do you have any idea how you’re going to get to the top? Psychic or fighting Pokemon, anything like that? If the Pokemon’s too heavy, there might be another collapse, so we should be careful.”

    What do you do?

    The man nodded in understanding, glancing to Zachary.

    “We might as well go.” He tells his boss, “It’s useless to wait around in here.” Without waiting for permission or more insults, he strided out of the door, expecting Hallow to follow, which he did. Braving the stormy conditions in his limited outfit, the man spoke over the howling wind and rainfall,
    “I’m Oliver, by the way. I work as a lifeguard and security here, too. I’ve only been here for just over a year, but I’ve not seen him act like that very often!”

    A sort of relief took over after hearing his name, and Hallow felt more comfortable around him. The bridge between them had closed and now they were on the same boat, figuratively.

    Oliver leaped through the break in the ship that he and Hallow first exited from, Oliver skidded on the waterlogged wood, but managed not to fall.
    “Do you have any idea how you’re going to get to the top? Psychic or fighting Pokemon, anything like that? If the Pokemon’s too heavy, there might be another collapse, so we should be careful.”

    Hallow thought about this, he had only brought Grace along...,
    "Unless you yourself have any pokemon, as I all I have is Grace...,"

    Suddenly, an eerily light came from his backpack,
    "Wait..., no, it couldn't be...," he said astonished,

    He looked through his bag,
    "I received this Egg on my travels," Hallow explained,
    "But I didn't think it would hatch now of all times,"

    He slowly took the Egg out of his pack,

    Soon a beautiful pink tentacles pushed through the shell and the rest of the body followed suit, his new baby twirled showing off for him. She stopped now floating in the air,

    He bowed to her, the queen of the ocean, no, she was, a Dancing Queen,

    He quickly placed her in a pokeball,
    He turned to face Oliver,
    "Well Oliver," he smirked, "seems we have a way to get across now,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 10:36 AM.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Plight of Leon – The Ranger was momentarily stunned to find that the Yanmega had just started chattering away as if talking Pokemon were perfectly normal. Psychic types and the occasional Lapras or Lucario, maybe, but this? “Well...” Christopher started, clearing his throat to try and get past this not-so-little revelation, “The Teddiursa and Ursaring have made their nests at a waterfall and cliffsides not too far from the lake. There are caves there which reach out to different parts of the island. I know that some have occasionally started trekking out into the urban areas, but it’s not too frequent yet and there are only four Rangers currently available to deal with all situations we’re called in for.

    “Next, those areas I just mentioned are harder to traverse through on foot because of the Pokemon immigration. And finally... Whale Island has strange occurances all the time. It has a history, quite a superstitious one, but aside from stories about The Black Swan pirate ship, Pokemon have never been affected until now. I don’t even think people have, but they can choose to believe in whatever they want.” He adds. The rest stop is finally in sight: a big, wooden house, with small fencing around it to form a very minor garden perimeter. There was a loft as well, as the sky light in the roof suggested. Seismitoad holds you up by himself for a moment so that the Ranger could open the door for you all to enter, closing it behind you.

    “I’ll get an ambulance or a car to come out and collect you. Or, we’ll take you into town if there’s no other way.” Christopher assures you seriously, Seismitoad taking you through to a medical room, towards an empty white bed with a steel frame, “I won’t ask you to help us. You’re not in the condition to. But if you know of anyone – we’d appreciate the call when you feel ready to.”

    What do you do?
    Looking at the Ranger, it clear from the look on his face that he was stunned that the Yanmega had just come up and talked to him, and especially in the way that made it seem like all Pokemon were able to talk. "Well..." Christopher started, before clearing to try and get past this pretty big revelation he had just heard, "The Teddiursa and Ursaring have made their nests at a waterfall and the cliffsides not too far from the lake. There are caves there which reach out to different parts of the island.. I know that some have occasionally started trekking out into the urban areas, but it's not too ferquent yet, and there are only four Ranger currently available to deal with all situations we're called for.

    "Next, those areas I just mentioned are harder to traverse through on foot because of the Pokemon immigration. And finally...Whale Island has strange occurances all the time. It had a history, quite a superstitious one, but aside from stories about The Black Swan pirate ship, Pokemon have never been affected until now. I don't even think people have, but they can choose to believe in whatever they want." He adds. Blaze listened and tried to make some sense out of this. He knew that something was involved with the waterfalls, and that it might have something to do with the pirate ship, but no real conclusions could be given. While Blaze is thinking, he sees the rest stop in sight, and for the second time on his adventure, he truly felt safe. Safe and sound. It was a big, wooden house, with some small fencing that made a small garden perimeter. 'Probably not very good at keeping people out.' There was also some sort of loft as well, as there was skylight that would allow light in. The Seismitoad helps Blaze up for a brief second, while the Ranger opens the door and helps Blaze inside.

    "I'll get an ambulance or a car to come out and collect you. Or, we'll take you into town if there's no other way." Christopher tries to assure Blaze. The Seismitoad holds Blaze up, taking him towards the medical room, which has an empty white bed with a steel frame. 'What, no first-class accomodations?' Blaze was tempted to laugh, but decided against it. "I won't ask you to help us. You're not in the condition to. But, if you know of anyone - we'd appreciate the call when you feel ready to."

    Surgei followed Blaze into the room. "So...how bad is it Blaze?" "They don't really hurt anymore. Just numb. And stiff. I'm concerned that the Teddiursa might have severed a tendon or two. If that it true, I might not have full control over the fingers in my hand." Blaze looked down in despair. He did not want to have hands that would not work. It seemed...wrong. "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you do okay. Truthfully." "Thanks. What do you think about what is going on here?" "Well, I don't know what to make of it heads or tails. It seems likes something is going on, on this island. We don't know much about the myths and stories about this place. It might have something to do with the pirate ship wreckage, or it could be the work of some sort of secret organization. I'm not sure to be honest. I think we would need to do some extra investigation, but, you are too injured to try and do that." Blaze looked down, feeling down about letting people down. He only hoped he could get better quickly. "Surgei, why have you taken such an interest in this?" "Truthfully, its like war. There are two sides, and one is invading the other. Not much is known about them or their plan, and getting behind enemies lines if difficult. It's...exciting." Blaze thought, 'He seems to love this. I think I should ask what he wants to do. This adventure IS for him.' "Surgei, what do you want to do?" "I...want to go with the Ranger and explore the area. If it difficult on foot, it should be nothing in the air. Plus, I have alreay shown my worth in situations like this." "Then, you know what, I think this is a good thing. You can go." "...Thank you..."

    Blaze looked around for the ranger, and saw him. "Christopher! Do you have a PC or anything I can use to e-mail someone for me?"


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's Not-So-Rapid-Fire-Updates #?

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – After proceeding into the ship with Oliver, a miracle occurs! An eery light is emitted by your backpack, and after explaining that you have acquired an egg on your travels, you remove it to show him. He watches in awe as pink tentacles push through the shell, and a ghost floats forth, twirling to impress you. You think she’s the queen of the ocean, and not only that, but a dancing queen!

    “Well, Oliver, seems we have a way to get across now.” You smirk. Oliver’s still gobsmacked, but also uncertain.

    “Are you sure? I mean, she just hatched... Do ghosts really have that kind of power?”

    Thinking about it, you’re not sure, either. But one thing you do know is, if there’s anything lurking across that gap, your new Frillish could float ahead and find out for you. Not only that, but she could probably get something to help you across, like a makeshift bridge or a rope, as most ghosts can interact with the physical. Heck, even Grace could help out, if she’s brave enough to join Frillish for some extra manpower.

    You reiterate that you’re sure, but it’s time to prove your point. What do you do?

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – The Seismitoad lies you down on the bed, and you look at your hands in despair, relaying concern to the Yanmega and others around you that you’re worried you’ve severed your tendons. The idea forms a pit in your stomach. Hands that don’t work feel wrong to you. You’re in no position to help or do anything, and feel depressed that you may have let others down... But Surgei wants to go on. He is excited, he has proved his worth in war, and now that he has been reborn with wings, invading enemy lines is far less difficult. Yanmega are powerful creatures.

    You give him permission to go, and only wish that you could be by his side. Still, even if you have to wait for him, you trust the Ranger, and perhaps the physical distance will close the emotional one between you, as you trust Surgei’s choice and give him freedom. Christopher gives you the affirmative, Seismitoad obediently standing guard whilst the other trainer brings a laptop through for you.

    “I’m happy to take care of Surgei for you, if that’s what you want. If things get too dangerous, I’ll bring him right back, just incase he’s too excited to return by himself.” The young man jokes, “But this is going to be dangerous. I want to investigate right by the waterfalls and nests themselves, to see if there really is a secret reason, or to find out if it’s actually just the Pokemon acting out. Either way, solving the problem is going to be complicated... Are you sure you’re up for this, Surgei? We’re going to need a plan... Who areyou emailing, anyway?”

    What do you do?

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – After proceeding into the ship with Oliver, a miracle occurs! An eery light is emitted by your backpack, and after explaining that you have acquired an egg on your travels, you remove it to show him. He watches in awe as pink tentacles push through the shell, and a ghost floats forth, twirling to impress you. You think she’s the queen of the ocean, and not only that, but a dancing queen!

    “Well, Oliver, seems we have a way to get across now.” You smirk. Oliver’s still gobsmacked, but also uncertain.

    “Are you sure? I mean, she just hatched... Do ghosts really have that kind of power?”

    Thinking about it, you’re not sure, either. But one thing you do know is, if there’s anything lurking across that gap, your new Frillish could float ahead and find out for you. Not only that, but she could probably get something to help you across, like a makeshift bridge or a rope, as most ghosts can interact with the physical. Heck, even Grace could help out, if she’s brave enough to join Frillish for some extra manpower.

    You reiterate that you’re sure, but it’s time to prove your point. What do you do?

    “Are you sure? I mean, she just hatched... Do ghosts really have that kind of power?”

    Hallow thought about it for a moment, and to tell the truth he wasn't too sure either, BUT one thing he was sure of, if there was anything lurking across that gap, his new Frillish could float ahead and find out for him.
    Not only that, she could possibly get something to help him across as well,

    Most ghosts can interact with the physical world, Hallow thought, I know!, Grace could help out too, if she’s brave enough to join Frillish, Frillish could take her across as well,

    "I got it!," Hallow clapped his hands,

    Hallow released his friends,
    Frillish twirling like a ballerina,
    Grace letting out a howl of a "Vul!,"

    "Grace meet Narissa, Narissa meet Grace,"
    "We'll get to know each other when this is all over, for now you two will work together,"
    The pokemon looked at each other,
    "Narissa will get both herself and you across the gaping hole preventing me and Oliver from getting across,"
    "Narissa I want you to find a way for us to get across,"
    "Grace, I want you to be our scout, I know Narissa is strong just be looking at her but if trouble arises I want both of you to look out for each other, got it?,"

    Like soldiers heading into battle after receiving their orders, the pokemon nodded, turned and marched till they reached where the staircase used to be.

    Frillish lifted Vulpix in its pink tentacles, and crossed to the other side.


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 10:35 AM.

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You give your orders to Narcissa and Grace, whom have just been formally introduced to each otherfor the first time. Grace seems a little unsure about the newest addition to their family, but Narcissa seems most relaxed. The term ‘Dancing Queen’ seems fitting. Even as she’s meant to be still, she sways and spins from side to side, pink frills transparent and floating, giving pieces of the ship a rosie tint if you look through her.

    Still, even if Vulpix seems undecided on her feelings, she obeys just for you. Frillish carries her over with little difficulty, but then, she is a clevergirl.Upstairs, the two Pokemon get to their tasks. This is especially difficult for Vulpix, as the top floor is on a slope, and there are some floorboards missing. Glass covers the surface, from shattered windows to broken candle lamps. There is more furniture left above, but not entirely intact, suggesting that not much looting has been done on the top floor.

    Portraits and maps once lined these wooden walls, as suggested by hooks in the side, and gold and bronze frames scattered about. A few still have paintings left in them, all of pirates. One, however, seems to have been skewed. The oils have all ran, leaving the identity of this one a mystery...
    Vulpix spots some chair and table pieces, including the whole of the actual table. Its sturdiness is questionable, but in theory, it could be of some use.

    This is only the first room, though, and there’s a whole top floor and even above ship (sort of) to explore! Do the Pokemon try with the items they have found, or decide to have a greater investigation? Do they even decide to give the room another once-over?

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You give your orders to Narcissa and Grace, whom have just been formally introduced to each other for the first time. Grace seems a little unsure about the newest addition to their family, but Narcissa seems most relaxed. The term ‘Dancing Queen’ seems fitting. Even as she’s meant to be still, she sways and spins from side to side, pink frills transparent and floating, giving pieces of the ship a rosie tint if you look through her.

    Still, even if Vulpix seems undecided on her feelings, she obeys just for you. Frillish carries her over with little difficulty, but then, she is a clevergirl. Upstairs, the two Pokemon get to their tasks. This is especially difficult for Vulpix, as the top floor is on a slope, and there are some floorboards missing. Glass covers the surface, from shattered windows to broken candle lamps. There is more furniture left above, but not entirely intact, suggesting that not much looting has been done on the top floor.

    Portraits and maps once lined these wooden walls, as suggested by hooks in the side, and gold and bronze frames scattered about. A few still have paintings left in them, all of pirates. One, however, seems to have been skewed. The oils have all ran, leaving the identity of this one a mystery...
    Vulpix spots some chair and table pieces, including the whole of the actual table. Its sturdiness is questionable, but in theory, it could be of some use.

    This is only the first room, though, and there’s a whole top floor and even above ship (sort of) to explore! Do the Pokemon try with the items they have found, or decide to have a greater investigation? Do they even decide to give the room another once-over?

    Grace seemed unsure on her feelings of the new member to their little family, but obied,
    Narcissa carried her over with little difficulty,
    after all she was a clever girl,

    Upstairs, the two Pokemon got to their tasks,
    This was especially difficult for Grace, as the top floor was on a slope, and there were some floorboards missing,
    Glass covered the surface, from shattered windows to broken candle lamps, there were more furniture left above, but not entirely intact, suggesting that not much looting had been done on the top floor,

    Portraits and maps were once lined on the wooden walls, now laid scattered about along with some gold and bronze frames,
    A few frames contained paintings left in them, all of pirates, One, however, seemed to have been skewed,
    leaving a eerie impression, the oils had all ran, leaving the identity of the person a mystery...

    Grace spotted some chair and table pieces, including the whole of an actual table, its sturdiness, questionable, but in theory it could of been to some use,
    She howled to Narcissa who was dancing in front of broken glass that reflected her image,
    getting her attention, as the oldest she ordered Narcissa to retrieve the table top and cover the hole so that Hallow and Oliver could cross,
    Narcissa left carrying it back down stairs, leaving Grace left alone in the room,
    there was a whole top floor and even above ship left to explore,
    Grace choice to wait patiently for the others to arrive,

    while she waited she decided to look over the room once again,


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 10:17 AM.

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: With the zebra hanging on by the skin of its teeth you set into motion the finisher for taming the wild Pokémon. In one last show of rebellion Bolt scrapes his hoof against the charred ground, locking onto his foe with a mulish scowl. Olli manages to let off a smile amidst his tired panting, the monkey’s eyes closing into slits as he lets off an intimidating Leer. The foal’s nostrils flare but he doesn’t make another move, Chimchar panting as he reaches onto the tips of his toes. In a flash the ape was back on the prowl, skirting down the corral at mach speed and making for the zebra’s back. Leaping into the hot air Olli lands on the electrified Pokémon’s saddle, grappling onto its neck with an impressive show of Strength. Bolt wasn’t expecting this, kicking his forelegs in bewilderment and using every last ounce of strength in his body to try and buck the primate off. After a few circuits round the corral with Olli hanging on by the threads of Blitzle’s mane, Bolt finally settles down. He trots casually toward Amos who offers him a sugar cube. The zebra licks the cube off his palm, Chimchar beaming – making the most of the pony ride now the fear of being bucked was gone. The ranch owner nods encouragingly, “Looks like yer a natural. How about we mosey on over to the prairie and herd da Mareep?”

    With that you round up your motley troop and begin strolling in tow of the farmer, keeping an eye out for Flannery who was still sleuthing around the empty stables with her pet Growlithe. She gives a shrug as you stroll past, signalling she’d still need more time to find the deed. Pressing on it looked like you had more work cut out for you. After a small trek to the outskirts of the ranch Amos grinds to a halt above a small bump in the savannah, coaxing you to jog to his point wondering what you’d find over the hill. “This boy, is the Mareep herd”, he grunts waving his hand over the breezy dip, “They need’a shavin’, but they aint so keen to give der wool away”. Your eyes sweep across the green prairie in awe, and what looked like yellow balls of cotton candy grazing across it. The pasture was about the size of a football field, chocked full of about thirty or so Mareep aimlessly wondering about. You then notice a pen at the edge of the meadow with about half a dozen empty sacks – your job seemed to be coming to light. The herd of sheep bah lazily as they scuttle about slightly, each in their own world. “Yer job is to figure out a way of herdin’ da Mareep so we can shear der wool. It aint as easy as it looks, they’re dim little fellers”, he gives a chuckle as he heads down to the auburn shed below, unbolting a small fence for the livestock to enter through. How you herd the Pokémon was in your hands. What will you do and how will you do it?
    "You've got it!" Rob said as he looked on, the eyes of Olli and the zebra met, both pogeys staying still. The intimidating eye contact seemed to work as it made the zebra stay still, or maybe not since the zebra didn't look like it had much energy or health left anyway. This was it. Olli ran across the field, and jumped into the air, before landing on the zebra's back. Rob clenched his fist, "Hang in there Olli!" he screamed, as Olli grabbed the zebra's mane. The zebra obviously had enough energy to try and throw off the chimp from its back, kicking and moving about. It didn't seem like it was going to settle down, not without continuing to fight.

    "That's the way!" Rob said as Olli finally managed to settle down the zebra after showing his strength and endurance to the zebra. The zebra made his way towards Rob and Amos, Amos offering a sugar cube to the zebra, who took it without hesitation. Rob approached the newly trained Blitzle, extending his arms towards Olli, who seemed rightfully tired after the fight with the Blitzle. "You did great buddy!" Rob told the chimp, who was smiling widely, "Chim-Chim!" he responded as he jumped towards Rob's arms with what little energy he had left, resting his head on his trainer's shoulder. “Looks like yer a natural. How about we mosey on over to the prairie and herd da Mareep?” "Sure thing, sir!" Rob answered before heading over to the Mareep.

    As Rob and Amos made their way to the next task, Rob looked around for Flannery, finally spotting her as she continued to sniff around with her Growlithe, giving Rob a shrug as she noticed him. "Damn, nothing yet..." he thought to himself, with time being of the utmost importance, it looked like he could do nothing but help out the farmers with some chores, buying a little time for Flannery to look around. He continued to think, while aimlessly looking around, before he finally noticed Amos coxing him to jog up a hill. “This boy, is the Mareep herd. They need’a shavin’, but they aint so keen to give der wool away." Rob chuckled, looking at the yellow cottonballs on the football sized field, and also a pen with about half a dozen empty sacks. “Yer job is to figure out a way of herdin’ da Mareep so we can shear der wool. It aint as easy as it looks, they’re dim little fellers”, Amos says, chuckling as he headed down towards a shed, unlocking the fence for the Mareep to walk through.

    "Alright, alright..." Rob muttered to himself, with Olli being half asleep, with his head still resting on his trainer's shoulder."First thing's first." Rob grabbed Olli's Pokeball, enlarging it and pressing the button on it, absorbing the chimp. "You did a fantastic job, you deserve a much needed rest." he said to the red and white sphere. "Now...how do I do this?" It didn't look like there would be an easy way of doing this, not without the help of multiple Pokemon. Rob grabbed two Pokeball from his belt, throwing them into the air, each one releasing sparkling lights, taking the shape of different Pokemon, first one being of a quadruped and the other of a mole. "Hello there friends," Rob started, both Pokemon looking at their trainer as he spoke, "I need you all to help me get those Mareep into the pen for a little haircut, through the gate." Rob pointed them towards the fence Amos unlocked, "Melantha, use a Mean Look to get the Mareep to do what you want, which is to herd them to the fence. Try to get a pair of Mareep at the time, I don't want you to get more than that since they can attack and overwhelm you easily if they want to." Melantha nodded, "This is where you come in buddy," Guaca twiddled his claws nervously as the trainer looked directly at him, "Don't worry about the Mareep, they should be harmless since they are electric, but if they attack Melantha, I want you to use Mud Sport, is that alright?" The little mole seemed unsure, but nodded in agreement. 'Alright, get those Mareep!" The trainer said enthusiastically, with both Pokemon rushing to towards the Mareep.

  20. #395
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: You attempt to ask Pedro about what is going on, using your rough Spanish for communication, though unfortunately he gave you no answer at all, looking rather entranced as he stared off into the horizon, paying no attention to either you, Cyndaquil or Heracross. Though you would press the issue further, you're surprised at the sight of the other two guests, and you feel relief as you notice their scuba gear. They're probably here to investigate the incident after all! That kinda seemed unlikely though, how could they possibly have come here so fast? Probably it was merely a strange coincidence? This wasn't time to be mulling over it though; rest and food was top priority. You make a mental note to keep a close eye on those two before moving in with your partners, closing the door, of course, as you do. You hear the footsteps of the duo going up to their rooms, though other than them, the lodge felt rather vacant for the most part. You wander around until you hear the sudden sound of plates being moved around. Following the source of the noise you find yourself walking into a large dinning room. A long table was set up, and you gathered it could easily hold over twenty seats. At the far end you see what appears to be a young woman with long, braided, brown hair, wearing a simple one-piece, forest-green dress. She seemed to be busy moving about, setting up the table with such grace even a Liepard would be jealous. Barely any noises were made.

    "Oh, hello there!" She greeted you with a warm smile. "Dad told me about you! Please take a seat, I'll give you some nice grub in a minute. You all must be starving! Saw anything interesting out there, by the way?" She took the initiative with the questions. Curiously enough, she did not seemed troubled at all by the event earlier, or perhaps it was something she didn't want to talk about.

    How will you respond?

    Chad walked into the lodge shortly after following the two strangers. He was hungry from his time outdoors with Cyndaquil and Heracross. He could only imagine how much hungrier they both were after their battle. All he could initially hear was the sound of the strangers' footsteps going up to their rooms. Once the noise was over it fell completely silent. The trio searched the lodge some more for a sign of life.

    "This is strange. Where did everyone go?" Chad said softly to Heracross and Cyndaquil. They looked back at him equally as baffled.

    Finally the silence was broken by some plates being shuffled around. They immediately followed the sound until they entered a dining room. There was a large table set, and Chad figured it was for the upcoming dinner. He then noticed a young woman at the far end of the table setting the table. He was impressed at how quiet she was working for the most part.

    She spoke when she noticed them. "Oh, hello there!" she said smiling. "Dad told me about you! Please take a seat, I'll give you some nice grub in a minute. You all must be starving!" Chad pulled out a chair a little for Cyndaquil to hop up on. He pulled one out for himself, then pulled one out on the other side of him for Heracross. "Saw anything interesting out there, by the way?" She didn't seem phased at all by the earlier disturbance at the lake.

    Chad was momentarily puzzled by what she was asking. He wondered if he should tell her. Would it worry her? Or panic her at all? "Now that you mention it," he leaned closer to her to speak a little softly, "I was out by the lake, and I heard a loud rumbling coming from the lake. Quite creepy. You had to have heard it, right?" Chad thought for a moment. "Then I saw two people entering the lodge with scuba gear. Normally I wouldn't think that was strange with the lake nearby and all, but it just didn't sit well with me." He tried to make out the lady's facial expression to his story. "Oh, and how could I forget! Uhh, how does Pedro feel about trainers battling Wooper from the lake?" Chad could only hope that Pedro wouldn't mind that he captured one of the Wooper.


    Stats

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I set off the university in less than an hour. Since I take my studies (and social life) very seriously, I’m taking a break from updating giving you guys a break from adventuring. This will probably last until November-December, there’s a small chance I might update before then but I wouldn’t count on it. So I hope everyone doesn’t mind and is okay with hanging tight. I look forward to finishing most of your adventures when we start up again!

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: You can hardly tell the sea from the sky as violent waves crash against the boat with thunderous sprays. Thunder claps again, the boat rocking wildly as Briney steers against tide with impressive skill – but with the sail filling with rain it wouldn’t hold for long. Faced with impossible odds you decide to round up as many of the local ocean dwellers as possible to take on the legendary. Putting your heads together you wrack up a set of orders for each band of Pokémon to follow, prepped as you’ll ever be for the fight of your life. Delilah nods, prodding her trainer affectionately with her bulbs before disappearing into the black waters. Hyrem watches the yellow lights drift down the surf at blinding speed, joining onto the school of luminescent Pokémon. She relays your orders to her siblings who quickly shift into position. Meanwhile, Kray had kicked his way to the sea groyne snapping his pincers eagerly at the colony of crabs. The rowdier of the Pokémon take charge, breaking off into the harsh waters. One of Kray’s brothers gives him a nuggie before creating a line ahead of the sailboat. The Lanturn and Eelektross pods surface around them, forming a small battalion ready to let off a distraction. In unison the Pokémon wave their pincers and fins, the Surf becoming more turbulent swelling ahead and rolling into a tidal wave. Picking up size and ploughing onwards it quickly eclipses the Sea Basin Pokémon from view. Reaching its peak a few hundred feet in the air the tsunami starts to break. Squinting to see ahead, your hearts both skip a beat as Kyogre retaliates with a surging mass of its own, matching the tsunami in strength and size. The two Surf collide, curling into each other with a deafening crash. The flood of ocean starts to collapse on itself, the force from both waves churning together to form a giant whirlpool. Whilst most of the Pokémon are agile enough to break away from its current, several Chinchou, Tynamo, Corphish and Krabby are pulled into the eddy. And despite Briney Sr.’s seafaring prowess his boat is helpless to escape the torrent!

    You both grab ahold of the mast as the whirlpool sucks your in, the ship spiralling downward at tenacious speeds whilst the old sailor tries to resist. The deck was filling with water now, its salty spray filling your nose and leaving a tangy taste in your mouth. All you could do was hold on tight as the rollercoaster ride kicked into overdrive. Meanwhile phase two of your plan was going ahead as sparks flew up and down the platoon of electric types, shooting off a joint Thunder Wave which arced toward the orca, hitting it in the dorsal fin before it could dodge. Electricity dances up and down the legendary Pokémon’s body, looking to slow it down but not keep it at bay. This attack had given the band of crustaceans enough leeway to skirt past the whirlpool and position themselves a good distance in Kyogre’s rear for a surprise attack. Kray is the first one to brave a close distance hit, smacking the Sea Faring Pokémon on the tail fin with a Thunder Punch. Whilst doing nothing more than tickle the orca, the incoming 10,000 horsepower Hammer strokes from the rest of the Crabs manages to get its attention as it veers around in fury. With its smouldering eyes leering down on the colony the black clouds above start to rumble as it lets loose a powerful Thunder. The lightning strike lands in the middle of the crustaceans, the water working as a conductor to effectively fry the whole army in one fell swoop. Most of them drop like flies, a few further out managing to avoid the electrocuting. With its back turned the deep sea predators make their move, joining together to create field of electromagnetism. The Shock Wave of energy explodes down the stormy seas, pelting the killer whale for a good deal of damage. The Kyogre u-turns toward the shore ready to unleash its wrath on the fish. A tenaciously powerful jet of Water Spouts from the orca’s blowhole, gunning down half a dozen Eelektrik and Eelektross like a machine gun. From what you both make out as you spiralled out of control the Kyogre was making plenty of holes in your team’s defences. Briney’s voice manages to break over the din of the churning eddy as he tugs on the sail with all his strength, “Just keep holding him off! I’m gunna try and pull this thing out of the current!”
    Turbulent waters, rolling thunder, all things a sea captain like Briney could easily deal with. The ship... not so much. Hyrem, Andy, and Delilah's and Kray's families had to deal with the problem really quickly. But the problem was Kyogre... not someone that could be dealt with easily, if at all. That was evident after the groups of fish and crustaceans drew up a massive Surf attack... and Kyogre responded with an equally enormous wave to cancel it out. Of course, the bigger problem was what came after the clash... Whirlpool! Briney's boat is unable to resist and is drawn in along with many smaller Water Pokemon!

    Hyrem could barely focus on watching what was happening since he needed his hold on the mast to be sure, but he could see the anglers and eels let loose a combined Thunder Wave that hits Kyogre, but it only slows it down slightly. But it did slow Kyogre down enough so the Crabs and lobsters could Hammer its tail en masse while Hyrem could barely make out Kray Thunderpunching the Sea God to add to the damage. This only made Kyogre mad, however, and it's wrath would be shown in its call of a massive lightning bolt, the Thunder clapping and shaking all who saw to the core as many Crawdaunt and Kingler were felled in one attack. The other team--Delilah's team--would strike back with their own Wave of electricity... Shocking! Kyogre would have even more to say against them... well, its Water Spout would do the talking, taking out six eels.

    The last few rounds of attacks made things even more real for Hyrem. These Water and Electric Pokemon were giving it their all and were willing to give their lives, if necessary... all so a Wingull could grab the Red Orb from Briney's grandson. Briney himself was giving it his all too, and his effort was expressed in his voice: “Just keep holding him off! I’m gunna try and pull this thing out of the current!”

    Keep holding him off? With the way Kyogre was taking out these fish left and right, they wouldn't be able to keep it distracted for long. And this boat? Hyrem honestly had doubts about the boat surviving the watery vortex, so he had to call upon Delilah to deal with it. But where was she? Did she get swept into the whirlpool with them? He just couldn't see her, so he had to have faith that his Chinchou would be able to hear his orders. "Heeeeey, Delilaaaaaaah!!!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. "If you can hear me, see if you can stop this Whirlpool!! Then try to Scald Kyogre to keep its attention, and use Shock Wave again for some more hurt!!" He tried to keep his spirits high, but the fact he couldn't see or hear Delilah worried him. And who knows how long it would take before the rest of the fish got taken down? Okay Peeko, he thought. If you're going to make a move, you better do it really soon!

  22. #397
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's October Update #1

    The Black Swan

    Takeo: ((I don't understand why you've changed your post to this odd format. Where all the full stops and things? It's really hard to read, so please just post with the correct grammar and punctuation. I'm sure it was right before, so I don't get this at all. Anyway, please don't do it again.))

    Narcissa had only just hatched, and yet, she was already as vain as the prettiest supermodels of the world! The older sister of the duo had to practically howl to get her attention, the firey fox barking at her sibling to retrieve the table and come to the rescue. With strength that no baby should possess, she lifts the tabletop effortlessly, floating over to you and your friend and covering up the hole. Such is the power of a focused ghost Pokemon.

    "Thanks, Narcissa." Your companion says gratefully as she spins proudly around you, waiting eagerly for you to cross and make use of her work. Oliver goes first, tentatively putting one foot on the creaking, weathered wood. The sound is ominous, but he jumps before his weight can fully fall, and just about makes it. The man warns you to be careful and you follow suit. As a baby, Narcissa hasn't quite grasped that this rescue wasn't as perfect as she thought, but you praise her anyway. It was better than nothing, and the way down will probably be easier than up.

    "Grace!" You call as you ascend the rest of the unstable stairway. Your partner in accidental crime had taken the option to investigate the room once more. Your voice travels despite the wind and rain the lashes the vessel, and she reveals herself from underneath a tattered and fallen curtain. Just as the four of you reunite like the dysfunctional team you are, a blood curdling scream rings out.

    You can't tell where it's coming from. Suddenly, gravity begins weighing down on you, pressing the four of you. Everything feels heavy, and it's difficult to stand. Grace is petrified, but after getting over the shock, Narcissa seems largely unaffected. She confirms that the problem is not from below, and after glancing left to right and repeating this, she floats off towards a set of doors that were not there before. Not only it is locked if you try it, but it is reinforced from behind. Time to get tough. But things are pretty loud and pretty heavy. Is Peggy waiting beyond those doors?

    Only one way to find out. Unless you peg it out of here, of course! What do you do?

  23. #398
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo: ((I don't understand why you've changed your post to this odd format. Where all the full stops and things? It's really hard to read, so please just post with the correct grammar and punctuation. I'm sure it was right before, so I don't get this at all. Anyway, please don't do it again.))

    Narcissa had only just hatched, and yet, she was already as vain as the prettiest supermodels of the world! The older sister of the duo had to practically howl to get her attention, the firey fox barking at her sibling to retrieve the table and come to the rescue. With strength that no baby should possess, she lifts the tabletop effortlessly, floating over to you and your friend and covering up the hole. Such is the power of a focused ghost Pokemon.

    "Thanks, Narcissa." Your companion says gratefully as she spins proudly around you, waiting eagerly for you to cross and make use of her work. Oliver goes first, tentatively putting one foot on the creaking, weathered wood. The sound is ominous, but he jumps before his weight can fully fall, and just about makes it. The man warns you to be careful and you follow suit. As a baby, Narcissa hasn't quite grasped that this rescue wasn't as perfect as she thought, but you praise her anyway. It was better than nothing, and the way down will probably be easier than up.

    "Grace!" You call as you ascend the rest of the unstable stairway. Your partner in accidental crime had taken the option to investigate the room once more. Your voice travels despite the wind and rain the lashes the vessel, and she reveals herself from underneath a tattered and fallen curtain. Just as the four of you reunite like the dysfunctional team you are, a blood curdling scream rings out.

    You can't tell where it's coming from. Suddenly, gravity begins weighing down on you, pressing the four of you. Everything feels heavy, and it's difficult to stand. Grace is petrified, but after getting over the shock, Narcissa seems largely unaffected. She confirms that the problem is not from below, and after glancing left to right and repeating this, she floats off towards a set of doors that were not there before. Not only it is locked if you try it, but it is reinforced from behind. Time to get tough. But things are pretty loud and pretty heavy. Is Peggy waiting beyond those doors?

    Only one way to find out. Unless you peg it out of here, of course! What do you do?

    With the strength of Hercules, she lifted the tabletop effortlessly, floating over to Hallow and his friend, covering up the hole that stopped them from proceeding.

    "Thanks, Narcissa." Oliver said gratefully,
    Narcissa gladly taking the compliment spinning proudly around Hallow,
    waiting eagerly for him to cross and make use of her work.

    Oliver crossed first, tentatively putting one foot on the creaking, weathered wood.
    The sound was ominous, but he jumped before his weight could fully fall, and just about made it.
    The man warned Hallow to be careful and he followed suit.

    As a baby, Narcissa didn't quite grasp that this rescue wasn't as perfect as she thought, but Hallow praised her anyway.
    "Thank you,"
    Its better than nothing, he thought,
    and the way down will probably be easier than up.

    They made the crossing,
    "Grace!" Hallow called as he ascended the rest of the unstable stairway. His partner only crime was taken the option to investigate the room once more.
    His voice traveled despite the wind and rain that lashed the vessel, and she revealed herself from underneath a tattered and fallen curtain.
    Hallow chuckleed, "This is no time to be playing around," he said in a teasing tone,
    Just as the four of them reunite like the dysfunctional team they were, a blood curdling scream rang out.

    This snaped Hallow's attention,
    "What was that?,"
    He couldn't tell where it came from.

    Suddenly, gravity began weighing down on him, pressing the four of them down.

    Everything started to feel heavy, making it difficult to stand.
    "...It's like a Truck was just dropped on me..," he commented,
    He struggled to lift himself back up,
    "Oliver, are you ok?," he asked,
    Now flat on the ground he turned to see his Vulpix, Grace petrified beyond belief, and Narcissa after getting over the shock, seemed largely unaffected.

    She confirmed that the problem was not from below, and after glancing left to right, repeatedly,
    "Narcissa, whats wrong?,"
    She slowly floated off toward a set of doors that were not there before.
    She pressed her transparent hand on to it,
    "Are you saying that door wasn't there?,"
    "Frill...,"
    She tried to open it with her ghost like strength to no avail,
    It must be locked,

    The gravity pulling them down was intensifying now, as was the volume of the scream,
    "Narcissa use Scald and Sludge Bomb to burn a hole in that door!,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 4th November 2012 at 4:41 AM.

  24. #399
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default Meetan's November Updates #1

    ((I apologise at how sporadic these updates are, but seeing as most of my updatees have gone silent for now, I'm feeling less pressure/demand to reply. This is both a good and bad thing. I'm also quite ill at the moment and busy, with my first assignment deadline next week, another the week after and another a few weeks after that. My inspiration wanes under ill health and a hectic schedule but I'll do my best!

    Welcome to the crew, Lu!))

    The Black Swan

    Takeo: With the way the gravity is pushing down on you, the way down would definitely be far easier than up. However, it’s hard even to move, and your heart thumps in your ears like an alarm at every motion you make. Oliver just about manages a reply to you, gritting his teeth, dizzied by the surreal sensation. Narcissa peers up at you in confusion. She’s not old enough to understand that this isn’t right, especially as it’s in her species’ instincts to cause trouble for travelers.

    Loudly, you order a Sludge Bomb and a Scald to break down the door. Grace was petrified, and as such, it was for the best that she wasn't given the order, but the Frillish delivers right away, twirling after the blast of water and poison. The weathering drenches the wood, and the poison bubbles as it assists, but it looks like the door’s not as the same as the rest of the ship. You will need a lot more than that.

    But now, there isn't just screaming. You hear sounds all around you, and Oliver does, and so do your Pokemon. It’s like you’re in a place full of people: urgent shouting, scandalous whispers and murmurs, all flooding your senses as if you were struck by a torrent of water. You see colours in your vision: muddy brown, red, black, grey, faint and false gold, silver... It’s becoming hard to focus. Everything’s barraging you in confusion.

    “What the—What the heck’s happening?!” Oliver demands, looking around the pair of you at this extrasensory display. It’s inconsistent, sometimes loud and overbearing, seconds later barely registering. “Is this—Is this Peggy, or--?! Maybe we should get out, we can try this another way!”

    Whatever is doing this, or whoever, is beyond that door. Escape, and risk this curse following you, or challenge it head on, and find out your fate faster than you would want to? What do you do?

    Suicune’s Effigy

    LucarioArticunoSuicuneLover: You look upon the statue of Suicune with admiration, your heart swelling as you think of the stories you love, and how this one, mythical dog embodies all of your loves, hopes and fears. It reminds you, too, of what you went through for your Spearow and the scar it has since left you with, and you fall onto the ground in disgrace. A phobia is an irrational fear. Is that insanity? Talking to yourself whilst petting a statue might be.

    You embrace your Spearow to try and deal with the pain, but something disturbs you. A beautiful melody – a violin – breaks the depressing silence, and you cautiously get up with your partner. Not too far away, a tall and handsome man is playing the instrument, wavy black hair rustling with the cold wind. His skin is incredibly pale, and with his lithe figure, he almost looks sick. At first, the musician’s eyes are closed, but when they finally open, you find that they are a dark, dark brown – but have enough colour in them not to be black. His features, especially his chin, are sharp, and his hands and feet small.

    You’re watching, mesmerised by the display. He’s dressed well, too: in a cream white top, lacy and aristocratic in its style, paired with dark blue suit trousers. The jacket is lazily around his waist, and the case for his violin on the ground. You have no idea how long it lasts, or how long your eyes have been locked onto each other’s, but eventually he breaks the contact, and the performance ends. The stranger sets his violin by his side.

    “I heard someone screaming, was that you?” He asks in a deep voice, one that suggests age, class and with a certain gravel to it that suggests he might smoke, or be losing said voice, “Are you alright?”

    What do you do?

    Plight of Leon: Look here.

    Poketim: Look here.

    Amphy: Look here.

  25. #400
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The land of Vegimite and AFL
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    Suicune’s Effigy

    LucarioArticunoSuicuneLover: You look upon the statue of Suicune with admiration, your heart swelling as you think of the stories you love, and how this one, mythical dog embodies all of your loves, hopes and fears. It reminds you, too, of what you went through for your Spearow and the scar it has since left you with, and you fall onto the ground in disgrace. A phobia is an irrational fear. Is that insanity? Talking to yourself whilst petting a statue might be.

    You embrace your Spearow to try and deal with the pain, but something disturbs you. A beautiful melody – a violin – breaks the depressing silence, and you cautiously get up with your partner. Not too far away, a tall and handsome man is playing the instrument, wavy black hair rustling with the cold wind. His skin is incredibly pale, and with his lithe figure, he almost looks sick. At first, the musician’s eyes are closed, but when they finally open, you find that they are a dark, dark brown – but have enough colour in them not to be black. His features, especially his chin, are sharp, and his hands and feet small.

    You’re watching, mesmerised by the display. He’s dressed well, too: in a cream white top, lacy and aristocratic in its style, paired with dark blue suit trousers. The jacket is lazily around his waist, and the case for his violin on the ground. You have no idea how long it lasts, or how long your eyes have been locked onto each other’s, but eventually he breaks the contact, and the performance ends. The stranger sets his violin by his side.

    “I heard someone screaming, was that you?” He asks in a deep voice, one that suggests age, class and with a certain gravel to it that suggests he might smoke, or be losing said voice, “Are you alright?”

    What do you do?


    El looked up at the man, and it was quite definitely 'up'. She wasn't exactly short for her age, but he was just plain tall. It was almost intimadating really, if El was the kind of person the be intimidated. The music was... well, saying it was beautiful was possibly an understatement. For some time, she allowed herself to listen, Sparow on shoulder. Time flowed and musing danced, El's fears and worries all slowly but surely dripping away. She could have stood there forever, or at least until she had to go to the toilet. Whichever came first, the latter most likely.

    The music stopped and El snapped back. He'd noticed her it seemed. She wasn't sure what to do, had she disturbed him? Oh no he was coming for her, but at least he didn't seem too angry.

    “I heard someone screaming, was that you? Are you alright?”

    What was with this man? What mad scientist... ew no bad thought, just answer the question El. "Yeah, it was, sorry if I disturbed you! I just had to vent some frustration, you see. I love the sea and everything in it but I'm terrified of going in water." She took a deep breath and looked back over to the stone suicune. Lovely, the memories were coming back and nope, she was not going to cry. She'd already annoyed the nice man enough she didn't need to compund that with a complete and utter breakdown.

    With a shuddering breath, she continued. "The music you were playing was beautiful, you're very good. I could never play an instrument, too fiddly for me." Ah, changing the topic, the best tool in her arsenal that wasn't an angry bird or a spiky steel football. And really, it was far better at social situations than either of the two, she was pretty sure throwing a ferroseed at someone was several kinds of illeagal.

    Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets


Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •