Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Default Meetan's January Update #14

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Helena’s shy compliment makes Lily swell with pride, and any upset at that missed Houndour has left you at the impressive victory you two made together. Only now, with the guidance from one of your Shuppets, you’re faced with the worst block for this adventure – water. Going to Whale Island of all places, and by the coast, with no water type, may have be one of the worst mistakes of your life.

However, you have an idea, and it is a good one. With a little bickering and out-loud plotting, the two ghosts work together to whip up an Icy Wind. You hold your jacket sleeves and fold an arm around your middle, using the other hand to keep your oversized hat in place as the elements gather and slowly freeze the water. It doesn’t help that Glitch City is unseasonably warm, but for now, it looks strong enough to hold.

You go to take a step forward, but as you do, Myrtle has used up nearly all of her energy. She is dizzied, and attempts to stay up, but doesn’t manage it. The former Missingno. plops onto the ground. Her pride is hurt, and for her, for whom this adventure means so much... It looks like it may have reached the end of the line.

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Helena’s shy compliment makes Lily swell with pride, and any upset at that missed Houndour has left you at the impressive victory you two made together. Only now, with the guidance from one of your Shuppets, you’re faced with the worst block for this adventure – water. Going to Whale Island of all places, and by the coast, with no water type, may have be one of the worst mistakes of your life.

However, you have an idea, and it is a good one. With a little bickering and out-loud plotting, the two ghosts work together to whip up an Icy Wind. You hold your jacket sleeves and fold an arm around your middle, using the other hand to keep your oversized hat in place as the elements gather and slowly freeze the water. It doesn’t help that Glitch City is unseasonably warm, but for now, it looks strong enough to hold.

You go to take a step forward, but as you do, Myrtle has used up nearly all of her energy. She is dizzied, and attempts to stay up, but doesn’t manage it. The former Missingno. plops onto the ground. Her pride is hurt, and for her, for whom this adventure means so much... It looks like it may have reached the end of the line.

What do you do?
    "Myrtle!" Keith exclaimed as his Shuppet collapsed, the single Icy Wind she had used having depleted almost all of her energy. Myrtle was still conscious, but only barely, and even then, was clearly in no state to use any other attacks, let alone stay in the air. She looked bitterly disappointed. "I knew this was a bad idea," he muttered. "Damn it, Myrtle, why did you have to exhaust yourself like that? We gotta get out of here right now, Myrtle, you need a Pokemon Center-"

"No," Myrtle interrupted, her determination showing even through her weakened voice. ""Car-ry me if you have to, but I am see-ing this through to the end."

"At this rate, you'll be seeing this through to your end," Keith said. "Myrtle, this is insane."

"In-sane or not, this is my fa-mi-ly we are talk-ing a-bout here," Myrtle snapped weakly.

"...Fine," Keith sighed as he gently scooped the fallen Shuppet into his arms. "In fact- here," he said suddenly as he dug an Aguav Berry out of his backpack. "Eat this, Myrtle, it'll help you regain your strength." He held the berry up to Myrtle's mouth as he made to start crossing the ice once more. Lily noticed this, and prepared to help him keep his balance if necessary.

"...Thank you," Myrtle said quietly as she began munching on the berry. Helena floated close by, looking at her big sister with concern in her eyes.

OOC: Myrtle's nature is Sassy, which in fact favors bitter foods, so the Aguav Berry should not induce confusion

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #15

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: At the sight of poor Myrtle you begin to lose your nerve. You knew this was too much for her, but in your excitement and determination, you let her go on with her insanity nonetheless. After all, she was quite the stubborn creature, and if she insisted on anything, you usually had to relent.

As it is, even if you wanted to get out right away, how would you? There’s nothing but insanity around you, and unlike the city its formation is very vaguely based on, there is no Pokemon Centre in sight. Missingno. brought you to this world, and chances were, it would have to be the one to take you out. Until you overcame whatever it was it wanted from you, you would have to carry on, with or without Myrtle.

Cautious, you start onto the ice with the ghost in your arms, and Lily flutters close in case you are in need of help with your balance. The ice is thick thanks to help from two Pokemon, but it is not quite enough to get you all the way across. Nervous, but knowing there’s no other way, you take the risk and make a jump for the final stretch, and your dual-type helps you make it with her trusty Confusion.

Directly to your right there is a large rock formation you could try to climb, but it’s steep and would be best handled with the aid of a Pokemon. In front of you is another, but this one you can walk around in hopes of finding any easier way towards the coast. Myrtle has devoured the Aguav Berry you gave her, and while it has restored some of her strength, it seems she will only be an observer for the rest of the adventure. What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: At the sight of poor Myrtle you begin to lose your nerve. You knew this was too much for her, but in your excitement and determination, you let her go on with her insanity nonetheless. After all, she was quite the stubborn creature, and if she insisted on anything, you usually had to relent.

As it is, even if you wanted to get out right away, how would you? There’s nothing but insanity around you, and unlike the city its formation is very vaguely based on, there is no Pokemon Centre in sight. Missingno. brought you to this world, and chances were, it would have to be the one to take you out. Until you overcame whatever it was it wanted from you, you would have to carry on, with or without Myrtle.

Cautious, you start onto the ice with the ghost in your arms, and Lily flutters close in case you are in need of help with your balance. The ice is thick thanks to help from two Pokemon, but it is not quite enough to get you all the way across. Nervous, but knowing there’s no other way, you take the risk and make a jump for the final stretch, and your dual-type helps you make it with her trusty Confusion.

Directly to your right there is a large rock formation you could try to climb, but it’s steep and would be best handled with the aid of a Pokemon. In front of you is another, but this one you can walk around in hopes of finding any easier way towards the coast. Myrtle has devoured the Aguav Berry you gave her, and while it has restored some of her strength, it seems she will only be an observer for the rest of the adventure. What do you do?
    As he made it to the other side, with some help from Lily, Keith sighed in relief. "Thanks, Lily," he grinned. "Myrtle, how are you doing?"

"A lit-tle bet-ter," Myrtle replied, her voice indeed sounding much more like usual, though she remained in Keith's arms. "The Ag-uav Ber-ry seems to have helped. Still, I do not know if I yet have the strength to ho-ver..."

"Just stay in my arms, then," Keith said firmly. "And no more attacks, you hear me? No Water Gun, no Ominous Wind, no Knock Off, and certainly no Sky Attack. Got it?"

Myrtle nodded silently. She felt like arguing, but could not deny that her trainer had a point.

"Now then," Keith said, looking at the two rock formations. "What to do? The one on the right, I cross that, that's a more direct path, but I don't think I can scale that alone."

"What a-bout with Li-ly?" asked Helena.

"No," Keith said, shaking his head. "I think that might be pushing it. This is twice now she's carried me with Confusion. That plus the battle, I'm not sure how much more energy she's got left. No, if I'm gonna climb this, I need the help of something else... If only I brought Pomona or Goyle, a Vine Whip could be really helpful right about now... We could also go around this one here," he added, gesturing to the rock formation in front of him. "Though I can't be certain if that'll get us to the coast... Still, it's the safest option right now. If I keep relying on all of you to help out like this, I'm gonna wear you all out. Let's go around the one in front, see where that gets us." He started to walk around the rock formation that stood before him. Keith wasn't sure if this was the best idea, but he wasn't gonna risk wearing Lily out too.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 23rd January 2013 at 1:00 AM. Reason: Sorry about the color, don't know how that happened...

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #16

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Myrtle tells you she feels better, and though she wishes to argue against your move restrictions, she holds her tongue. Unfortunately, you have a point, but it’s not just the one Pokemon who is at threat of being worn out. You worry for Lily following her battle and the use of psychic power twice already, and Helena isn’t used to all this activity, nor does she possess the great stubbornness of some of her allies. Wisely, you take the longer path.

Not too far after the big formation, you spot a fence which wouldn’t be hard to get over at all. However, it would involve taking down trees with Cut or finding another way past them once you had clambered over it. Another alternative is breaking into what looks like a house from the outside, but it’s Glitch City, and awaiting you inside could be anything – or absolutely nothing. In the distance are many great walls and pools of more water, taunting you against progress, but if you feel like venturing further along, who knows what else you will find?

What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Myrtle tells you she feels better, and though she wishes to argue against your move restrictions, she holds her tongue. Unfortunately, you have a point, but it’s not just the one Pokemon who is at threat of being worn out. You worry for Lily following her battle and the use of psychic power twice already, and Helena isn’t used to all this activity, nor does she possess the great stubbornness of some of her allies. Wisely, you take the longer path.

Not too far after the big formation, you spot a fence which wouldn’t be hard to get over at all. However, it would involve taking down trees with Cut or finding another way past them once you had clambered over it. Another alternative is breaking into what looks like a house from the outside, but it’s Glitch City, and awaiting you inside could be anything – or absolutely nothing. In the distance are many great walls and pools of more water, taunting you against progress, but if you feel like venturing further along, who knows what else you will find?

What do you do?
    Keith took the long way around, firmly believing he was doing the right thing- there was no reason to continue to wear out his Pokemon like this, after all. Not long after this, he encountered a fence that didn't seem like that much of a challenge to get over. That said, it appeared as though he'd have to get past a bunch of trees as well, likely by taking them down by use of Cut.

"Just great," sighed Keith. "I didn't bring anything with Cut. Juuuust perfect. I knew I should have brought Ginny instead of Chuck."

"What a-bout the house?" asked Myrtle. "Could you not just break in-to that?"

"It's a thought," Keith conceded.

"I am not sure," Myrtle said warningly. "There could be a-ny-thing in there."

"We gotta try something," Keith said. "I say it's worth a shot. Let's try the house."

"O-K, but how do we get in?" asked Helena.

"Hmm," Keith said as he walked over to the house. "OK, Helena, here's your chance to help out. Use Knock Off to try and break open a window, and I'll climb in through there."

"What if my Knock Off does not do the job?" Helena asked nervously.

"Don't sweat it," Keith said dismissively. "If that doesn't work, then Lily, you use Supersonic on the window, that should definitely shatter the glass."
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 23rd January 2013 at 1:23 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #17

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Your team roster brings more regrets. You not only have no Pokemon that can swim, but also nothing capable of cutting down trees, either. In any other situation, deciding that smashing open a window was the way forward would bring about alarm, but you’re fairly certain that if anything lives in there, it won’t care too much.

Helena finally gets her chance to chip in, and she uses Knock Off with all her might! A crunching sound lets you know that it’s been effective, but it wasn’t quite enough. Lily finishes the job with her Supersonic, and the glass of the window shatters. You shield yourself and Myrtle from any back spray of shards before carefully proceeding through, hearing more glass break underfoot as you venture inside.

There are no lights on within the house, meaning that the sun outside is the only thing illuminating as you go through. There’s a second floor, but no stairs to get up there, and the place is a mess as if somebody had ransacked it before you arrived. Myrtle shudders in your arms. She has a bad feeling, and as you go to the hallway to exit through the front door, you spot what looks like a human being.

Looks, of course, is the keyword. It’s a boy, and he looks vaguely like you. He is donned in a red and white jacket, black spiky hair kept under control by a matching hat. His jeans are a darker shade of denim than yours, and the trainers have a slightly different pattern, though matching colour scheme. His backpack is smaller, and on it is only one Poke Ball. The boy says nothing, but unhooks the single sphere from his belt and throws it forth.

Out of it comes a Kangaskhan, which stomps its feet and roars. You’re surprised it even fits into the space! What do you do?

Suicune’s Effigy

LASL: Update here.

Laguna Lake

Plight of Leon
    : Update here.

((Apologies to Tim, but as mentioned in PMs, you're off the list until I have KG's old group sorted. I have some discussion to be done before I can actually get on that, but hopefully you won't be waiting /too/ long. Sorry, Rakurai, no openings here.))

Suicune’s Effigy

LASL: You repeat yourself in mangled, barely legible German before returning to English, and though you don’t realise it, your words are directed at a wall some distance away and not at the legend himself. He doesn’t loosen his grip, but now when he speaks, his voice seems to boom impressively over the howls of the wind.

“We’re going there, but not together.” He tells you, not even looking at you anymore, but at the structure of crystal in the waves. “I’ll be waiting for you there, but you must make it there alone, even through the storm. You have until this time tomorrow to reach the castle and face my challenges, but if you can’t... Whale Island will fall under the waters. And you can spend eternity in the fear that you couldn’t overcome.”

Before you can respond, he slowly releases you before lunging from the cliff. Instead of crashing into the depths, he lands smoothly on top of the water, the waves rippling around his feet. Moments later, the blur of many colours has started for the castle, leaving you behind.

You have not been given much of a choice. With such an ultimatum, can you afford to waste this opportunity and bow to your fears? Will you try to flee? Or will you fight, and show your bravery to the figure that you’ve always admired?

He was gone.

El could tell that much before she even removed the stinking useless goggles. Why did she even wear them? They were never useful. Out over the ocean was her goal, standing proud and tall against the storm. Against the whislting winds. Against waves crashing with doubtless enough force to break bones. She was beginning to doubt that this was her best idea ever.

But... Suicune. She'd been approached by Suicune! It was weird and kinda scary and more than just a little surreal. She still didn't have any idea why but how often did a chance like this come up? Challenges... yeah okay that part was a little offputting but surely it couldn't be that bad? Right? Yeah, she was going to do this! Nothing was going to stop her now! She wanted to overcome her fear! Wanted to, wanted to!

That and the threat of Whale Island going undersea and her drowning anyway. That was a pretty big motivational factor.

Right, first things first: how to get there? Pokemon? Her team was not in any way shape or form cut out for crossing stormy seas. Well, maybe Squishy but the Ditto wasn't on hand. And even if she did go pokemonback the storm was such that she'd probably be knocked off at the first sign of a rogue wave. And considering how she'd once nearly drowned in a river on a mildly overcast day... Not a chance she was willing to take. Ugh, just thinking about it was enough to make her feel mildly queasy. What else was there?

The town. It was coastal, surely they had to have boats? Or even better, someone who knew more about navigating the sea than what she'd learned from nature documentaries. It was pretty far, but she had twenty four hours. And if there was one thing in this world she was good at, it was running.

Sparow was still squirming against her hold. El didn't need to do a finger test to know that the wind was really quite strong, probably enough to make even the tinybird's low-level flying quite inconvinient. No point in finding out the hard way, she returned her starter yet again. Scanning the horizen, El located the effigy where all this insanity had started. It seemed like a good first goal, she vaguely remembered being able to see the town from there after all. She took three deep breaths and on the third, she was off.

This was going to be interesting.

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Your team roster brings more regrets. You not only have no Pokemon that can swim, but also nothing capable of cutting down trees, either. In any other situation, deciding that smashing open a window was the way forward would bring about alarm, but you’re fairly certain that if anything lives in there, it won’t care too much.

Helena finally gets her chance to chip in, and she uses Knock Off with all her might! A crunching sound lets you know that it’s been effective, but it wasn’t quite enough. Lily finishes the job with her Supersonic, and the glass of the window shatters. You shield yourself and Myrtle from any back spray of shards before carefully proceeding through, hearing more glass break underfoot as you venture inside.

There are no lights on within the house, meaning that the sun outside is the only thing illuminating as you go through. There’s a second floor, but no stairs to get up there, and the place is a mess as if somebody had ransacked it before you arrived. Myrtle shudders in your arms. She has a bad feeling, and as you go to the hallway to exit through the front door, you spot what looks like a human being.

Looks, of course, is the keyword. It’s a boy, and he looks vaguely like you. He is donned in a red and white jacket, black spiky hair kept under control by a matching hat. His jeans are a darker shade of denim than yours, and the trainers have a slightly different pattern, though matching colour scheme. His backpack is smaller, and on it is only one Poke Ball. The boy says nothing, but unhooks the single sphere from his belt and throws it forth.

Out of it comes a Kangaskhan, which stomps its feet and roars. You’re surprised it even fits into the space! What do you do?
    Keith smiled as Helena's latest attempt at contributing to the adventure finally paid off, and her Knock Off attack shattered the window. Even if it wasn't fully broken, she had still helped, and she beamed with pride. Lily's Supersonic was sufficient to take care of the rest of the glass, and without further ado, they entered.

The house was dark, and a total mess, as though it had been ransacked. Myrtle shuddered in Keith's arms as they explored.

"I have a bad fee-ling," the Shuppet declared. "Per-haps this house is not the way to go..."

"Yeah, I get what you mean," murmured Keith as he made his way towards the hallway which led to the front door. Then, he stopped short, spotting what appeared to be a human being. In fact, it looked very much like Keith, albeit with a smaller backpack, only one Poke Ball, and a darker blue pair of jeans. "...Hello?" Keith said cautiously.

The boy said nothing, but in response, took the Poke Ball off his belt and threw it, unleashing a large brown Pokemon, which surprisingly fit into the narrow corridor. Keith's eyebrows flew up in mild surprise as he held out his Pokedex.

"Kangaskhan, the Parent Pokemon," droned the device. "Kangaskhan keeps its young in a pouch on its belly. To protect its baby, it will not back down from any fight."

"Well, looks like we're in for a battle," Keith stated.

"Can I do it?" asked Helena. "Kan-gas-khan's Nor-mal moves will not work on me-"

"And your Ominous Wind will fare no better," Keith finished. "Without that, all you got is Knock Off and Flash, Helena, and I'm not sure those'll be enough. Besides which, that Kangaskhan could have Scrappy, which means there goes your Normal immunity. Don't worry, you'll get to battle sometime. No, I'm thinking we need to use something... smaller. Something that can easily maneuver in this narrow hall, as that looks to be our best bet at having an advantage over Kangaskhan here." He pulled out a Poke Ball and threw it. "Hermione, let's go!" he shouted as a decidedly small Pokemon exploded forth from the ball and landed on the floor.

"Weeeedle," said Hermione.

"...Are you sure?" asked Helena as she looked at the Weedle Keith had sent out. "Her-mi-o-ne has no more bat-tle ex-pe-ri-ence than me..."

"True, but she does know more moves," Keith said. "Don't read too much into it, Helena- you helped us get in this house in the first place, remember."

Helena was still a little upset at not getting to battle, but couldn't help but smile at Keith's reassuring words.

"Right," Keith said as he turned to face his doppelganger's Kangaskhan. "Hermione, use your Poison Sting! Follow up with an Electroweb, and if it tries to attack, use Can't Catch Me to evade!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Updates #18

Suicune’s Effigy

LASL: Suicune has left you, but you can’t help but feel inspired by his challenge. You want to overcome your great fear of water, but not only that, having the lives of Whale Island and your own weighing in the balance is a great motivational factor. Returning Sparow to his little ball, you take a few more deep breaths and run against the wind and rain. It’s cold, and the wind doesn’t help, and you feel yourself shivering away.

Returning to the Effigy gives you a better view of the island. Delphin Harbour is not too far away, and your best hope right now of getting to the castle quickly. After all, it is a hub of activity, so it’s quite likely to have someone who can lend you assistance. Otherwise, on another shoreline, Shell Harbour is near enough the same, though it would take you longer to get there. Unfortunately, the bad weather means that most people will be hiding away, and the storm’s only going to get worse. Time is of the essence, before you’re forced to sail solo, or simply too late to beat this quest in time.

What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You have found yourself in yet another battle, and Helena is once again upset that she has been denied the chance to assist you. If the Kangaskhan has scrappy, her immunity is doomed, and Ominous Wind would do her no good. Instead, you make the surprising choice of Hermione the Weedle. However, the judgement is sound: she is small, determined and agile with a wider movepool. Any stomping around could lead to a poisoned foot with a hole in it, too – though whether she’d survive the squishing or not is another matter.

The miniature bug goes straight onto the offensive with a Poison Sting which hits, making the glitch Kangaskhan growl in unhappiness. It leers in response and goes for a set of Comet Punches, only to find its fist and the rest of its body caught in an electronic web. That slows it down and shocks it, and the large normal-type sets to flailing the web away, with Weedle steering well clear of the stomping and claw waving.

Weedle appears to have an advantage – and a great one, which would surprise many who don’t own one of its species. Kangaskhan’s speed is slowed by the web and even more by having to reach down to attack. This in mind, what do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You have found yourself in yet another battle, and Helena is once again upset that she has been denied the chance to assist you. If the Kangaskhan has scrappy, her immunity is doomed, and Ominous Wind would do her no good. Instead, you make the surprising choice of Hermione the Weedle. However, the judgement is sound: she is small, determined and agile with a wider movepool. Any stomping around could lead to a poisoned foot with a hole in it, too – though whether she’d survive the squishing or not is another matter.

The miniature bug goes straight onto the offensive with a Poison Sting which hits, making the glitch Kangaskhan growl in unhappiness. It leers in response and goes for a set of Comet Punches, only to find its fist and the rest of its body caught in an electronic web. That slows it down and shocks it, and the large normal-type sets to flailing the web away, with Weedle steering well clear of the stomping and claw waving.

Weedle appears to have an advantage – and a great one, which would surprise many who don’t own one of its species. Kangaskhan’s speed is slowed by the web and even more by having to reach down to attack. This in mind, what do you do?
    For Hermione's first battle, she was certainly doing well. She wasn't taking any damage, and the same could not be said for the Kangaskhan. Keith was beaming in pride, and Helena, Lily, and even Myrtle all looked mildly impressed at the little Bug-type's prowess.

"Wow," remarked Helena. "Her-mi-o-ne is do-ing pret-ty good."

"Nice job, Hermione," Keith grinned. "Let's keep this going, shall we? Poison Sting again, then use your Gummi Bomb attack! And this should go without saying, but dodge any attack you're able to!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #19

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You all feel prideful at Hermione’s power, but it’s too early to just write off Kangaskhan. Naturally, they have tough defences and are known to be tough dealers of damage, too. Who knew what a glitch one could do? This time, the enemy is more prepared. It takes the Poison Sting to the foot, but kicks Hermione away. The Gummi Bomb has stuck to its stomach, but it merely tears it off and flings it to the wall.

One way that your Pokemon is clearly lacking in, however, is an even levelling. The Kangaskhan goes forth and swipes up Hermione, taking a good Bite out of her. It deals a decent amount of damage, and just at that moment, the Gummi Bomb explodes. In that range, it hurts them both – especially Kangaskhan, and the foundation of the house begins to crumble. The wall caves, and the ceiling starts coming down, too! The glitch trainer seems unconcerned, his form phasing as the debris collapses, but the glitch Pokemon sustains damage from it. Being in Kangaskhan’s grip at least has an upside, as Hermione is largely unharmed, although there is now a cloud of dust obscuring vision for all parties.

What do you do?

Suicune’s Effigy

LASL: Suicune has left you, but you can’t help but feel inspired by his challenge. You want to overcome your great fear of water, but not only that, having the lives of Whale Island and your own weighing in the balance is a great motivational factor. Returning Sparow to his little ball, you take a few more deep breaths and run against the wind and rain. It’s cold, and the wind doesn’t help, and you feel yourself shivering away.

Returning to the Effigy gives you a better view of the island. Delphin Harbour is not too far away, and your best hope right now of getting to the castle quickly. After all, it is a hub of activity, so it’s quite likely to have someone who can lend you assistance. Otherwise, on another shoreline, Shell Harbour is near enough the same, though it would take you longer to get there. Unfortunately, the bad weather means that most people will be hiding away, and the storm’s only going to get worse. Time is of the essence, before you’re forced to sail solo, or simply too late to beat this quest in time.

What do you do?

Tick tock tick tock, time was of the essence. The longer she waited the harder it would be to find help. Delphi was slightly closer than shell, which was enough that El was about to go there right off the bat. But something stopped her just before she set off, what was it the travel pamphlet had said? Delphi had been set up as a nice place to enjoy the shorefront, but Shell...

Shell Harbour had a booming boat hire business. That was it! It shouldn't take too much longer to get there, and El had set off as soon as that thought entered her head. It mightn't be as popular, but there was a greater chance that she'd find someone willing to lend their boat to a complete stranger dead-set on sailing... through... a storm. Y-yeah, it's cool, she can take it. Just... just water. She had a scaredy-cat Seel who didn't seem to mind the sea, surely she could take it.

Haa.

El forced herself to keep going. No point in being scared this far inland. She was safe. For now. And really when you think of it the now is often more important than the future unless it deprives you of said future. Y-yeah, she could, or rather WOULD, deal with any stupid-fear-induced issues when they came up. Worrying about that now was only going to make that harder.

Not that she was worried, why would she be worried? Yeah! She wasn't some random Lass caught up in events beyond her control, she was... A chosen hero! Off to fight for a noble cause! Fearless Hero El, here to save us all! Nothing could stop her now! That her blood plasma had to be roughly 50% adrenaline at this point wasn't because she was scared, she was just really really pumped to get her hero on. Anyone who said otherwise was being silly.

Oh, who was she kidding? At least it was doing wonders for her stamina though. Look out world, here comes El! Shell Harbour or bust!

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You all feel prideful at Hermione’s power, but it’s too early to just write off Kangaskhan. Naturally, they have tough defences and are known to be tough dealers of damage, too. Who knew what a glitch one could do? This time, the enemy is more prepared. It takes the Poison Sting to the foot, but kicks Hermione away. The Gummi Bomb has stuck to its stomach, but it merely tears it off and flings it to the wall.

One way that your Pokemon is clearly lacking in, however, is an even levelling. The Kangaskhan goes forth and swipes up Hermione, taking a good Bite out of her. It deals a decent amount of damage, and just at that moment, the Gummi Bomb explodes. In that range, it hurts them both – especially Kangaskhan, and the foundation of the house begins to crumble. The wall caves, and the ceiling starts coming down, too! The glitch trainer seems unconcerned, his form phasing as the debris collapses, but the glitch Pokemon sustains damage from it. Being in Kangaskhan’s grip at least has an upside, as Hermione is largely unharmed, although there is now a cloud of dust obscuring vision for all parties.

What do you do?
    "...Oh, f***," Keith muttered as Kangaskhan kicked Hermione away following the Poison Sting. Then, it peeled the Gummi Bomb off with little trouble and flung it onto the wall. "Oh, f***," Keith repeated. And then the Gummi Bomb exploded. Keith hastily stepped back as the house's foundation started to crumble, and a large cloud of dust obscured all. Immediately, Keith turned to his Venomoth. "Lily!" he said urgently. "Blow the dust away! Use Gust attack! And Hermione, make Kangaskhan loosen its grip with your Bug Bite!" Then wait for Lily to clear the dust, and launch another Electroweb!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Updates #20

Suicune’s Effigy

LASL: You almost set off for the nearest of the two harbours until you recall the booming boat hire business of Shell Harbour, and decide to go there instead. It takes you a little while longer to reach there, but with the cold of the weather conditions and your adrenaline, you’re not as tired as you thought you would be when eventually you reach it. Still, you can’t help but catch your breath when you arrive, taking in the sights.

There are warehouses in the distance, but unlike in most urban areas, very few are abandoned and security is top, with all of them sealed up well if you were to go in that direction. Undoubtedly you’ll have to pass close to a few as you’ll need to go along one of the piers to reach whichever boat you end up acquiring. As for the boat hiring stall itself, hunting it down and investigating it, you see that the booth is all closed up due to the storm!

What now, you wonder? You’re soaked through, and at this rate, you’ll get sick before your mission is complete! There are cafes, bars and pubs along the coast. Given that it’s a place of commerce, there’ll surely be sailors, traders or even a helpful trainer or two that could help out. Alternatively, you have Minori the cowardly Seel and there might be other alternatives. What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You’re largely unscathed by the falling house, the pieces of which scramble and flash in their places, although the dust makes you cough and you curse through it all. Lily is to the rescue, blowing away the particles with a good Gust attack. Hermione ducks her tiny head and closes her eyes, and the dust gets to Kangaskhan, who loudly complains. It is even more vocal once the Weedle bites down, forcing it to throw her away.

She lands with a little cry, but is determined not to lose. The little creature fires off another Electroweb from its barb, and once again the opponent is all caught up in the shocks and slowed down some. It’s beginning to get frustrated and ends up in a Rage, doing its best to clear the shocking string from its path before turning aggressive eyes on poor Hermione, who is the sole target of its tantrum!

What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You’re largely unscathed by the falling house, the pieces of which scramble and flash in their places, although the dust makes you cough and you curse through it all. Lily is to the rescue, blowing away the particles with a good Gust attack. Hermione ducks her tiny head and closes her eyes, and the dust gets to Kangaskhan, who loudly complains. It is even more vocal once the Weedle bites down, forcing it to throw her away.

She lands with a little cry, but is determined not to lose. The little creature fires off another Electroweb from its barb, and once again the opponent is all caught up in the shocks and slowed down some. It’s beginning to get frustrated and ends up in a Rage, doing its best to clear the shocking string from its path before turning aggressive eyes on poor Hermione, who is the sole target of its tantrum!

What do you do?
    Keith grinned as Kangaskhan seemed to dislike all the dust, and as Hermione's Bug Bite forced it to let go, Keith grinned even more. This grin faded, however, as Kangaskhan flew into a Rage, and turned its aggressive eyes on Hermione.

"Uh-oh," murmured Helena. "That can-not be good..."

"That Kan-gas-khan is an-gry in-deed," Myrtle added. "I can taste the rage from here."

Keith, meanwhile, knew the time to play it safe was over. If they didn't go for a powerful technique, who knows what the Kangaskhan would do? "Hermione! Firestream attack now!" Keith ordered. "Then use String Shot, and follow up with Poison Sting!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #21

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Desperate times call for desperate measures, and you indeed have gotten desperate. Unfortunately, the desperation costs you your Weedle. Firestream indeed delivers a lot of damage, and Kangaskhan stumbles back, conveniently crushing the door behind it and knocking it off its hinges. It even induces a burn! However, Hermione is left on the floor, herself covered in burns and knocked out. It had not only cost her all of her energy, but using such a powerful attack that wasn’t of her type and caused severe damage.

Your stomach churns at the sight. The raging Kangaskhan can only be healthy for Myrtle and Helena, who could probably absorb it slowly and use it to the Pokemon’s disadvantage and to increase the older Shuppet’s wellbeing. However, your team were falling like flies. It had been your dream to be involved in something like this, but it was not how you imagined. It was not simple or easy, even with a former Missingno. in your party. If anything, for the future you now knew not to walk in so unprepared.

Kangaskhan grunts, shuddering under its infliction. Lily was the source of the gust attack, and apparently, was its next target. It has plenty of energy to spare, buts its health is now questionable, and deteriorating thanks to Hermione’s sacrifice. What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Desperate times call for desperate measures, and you indeed have gotten desperate. Unfortunately, the desperation costs you your Weedle. Firestream indeed delivers a lot of damage, and Kangaskhan stumbles back, conveniently crushing the door behind it and knocking it off its hinges. It even induces a burn! However, Hermione is left on the floor, herself covered in burns and knocked out. It had not only cost her all of her energy, but using such a powerful attack that wasn’t of her type and caused severe damage.

Your stomach churns at the sight. The raging Kangaskhan can only be healthy for Myrtle and Helena, who could probably absorb it slowly and use it to the Pokemon’s disadvantage and to increase the older Shuppet’s wellbeing. However, your team were falling like flies. It had been your dream to be involved in something like this, but it was not how you imagined. It was not simple or easy, even with a former Missingno. in your party. If anything, for the future you now knew not to walk in so unprepared.

Kangaskhan grunts, shuddering under its infliction. Lily was the source of the gust attack, and apparently, was its next target. It has plenty of energy to spare, buts its health is now questionable, and deteriorating thanks to Hermione’s sacrifice. What do you do?
    Keith gasped as it became evident that Hermione's Firestream, while proving very effective on the Kangaskhan, even burning it, had not been so kind to its user; Keith's Weedle lay on the floor, burned and KO'd.

"Hermione!" Keith gasped. "I don't get this. I mean, I know she's a Bug-type and Firestream is a Fire move, but Scorpius can always get off a Flamethrower and still have gas in the tank!"

"May-be it will come with ex-pe-ri-ence and prac-tice," Helena suggested, though she looked visibly upset at how things were working.

Keith sighed as he withdrew Hermione to her Poke Ball. "You did really well, Hermione," he muttered to the sphere once its occupant was back in. "I'm proud of you." He sighed again as he sized up his situation. With two of his Pokemon out of commission, this was not going too well for him. His team was dropping at all too quick of a pace, and this realization was starting to hit him hard. Helena turned to look at her increasingly distraught trainer, and reflected on all the times she was in no position to help out. Then, her upset expression slowly turned to one of determination. As Lily flew forward to face off against the enraged Kangaskhan, the younger Shuppet cut her off.

"Wha- Helena?!" Keith exclaimed as he noticed this. "What are you doing?"

"I am ta-king this Kan-gas-khan down!" Helena replied boldly. "I do not care if I on-ly have two moves that will work, as long as they will do some-thing, that will be e-nough!"

"But it could have Scrappy-" Keith started.

"-and it could just as ea-si-ly have Ear-ly Bird," interrupted Helena. "And e-ven so, the burn will cut its at-tack pow-er. Please, Keith. I want to help."

Keith sighed, though a grin started to form on his face. He was starting to get the idea that stubbornness was a common trait among Shuppet. "Very well," he said. "I can see there's no talking you out of this, so... Helena, go."

Helena beamed at Keith before turning back to face the Kangaskhan.

Now, Keith was starting to feel a bit more confident. He wasn't sure if this was wise at all, but just the fact that his Pokemon were so willing to help him out, it made him feel so good. "Alright, let's do this," he grinned confidently. "Helena, blind it with Flash, then go in for a Knock Off! Follow that up with another Knock Off!"

"You can do it, lit-tle sis-ter," Myrtle added.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #22

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You’re astounded at the sight of your fallen Hermione, thinking on how Scorpius can use a Flamethrower and continue any skirmish he is involved in. Sadly, that isn’t the case here, but you tell her and her Poke Ball that you’re feeling proud regardless. Lily goes to finish the fight, but Helena cuts her off.

“I am tak-ing this Kan-gas-khan down!” She announces boldly. You try to talk her out of it, pointing out that the foe might be able to overcome her immunity. The Shuppet knows the risks, but doesn’t care. Soon, you come round, and the grin that has surfaced on your face is responded to with a beam of reassurance and pride. Your team is stubborn, and will help you to the end, and this makes you feel happy.

As you command, she first uses Flash to blind the adversary, and it works wonders. Its attack stat is going to be high by now, but if its accuracy is hindered, that means nothing. Indeed, an attempt at a Comet Punch misses completely, bringing down even more of the odd house. Some of the pieces fall through Helena, but hurt Kangaskhan, who has suffered two Knock Offs to its tough tummy, and falls back onto its hide. The baby in its pouch is wailing from distress, and that reignites its power. Looking as best it can through the new dust cloud, and blinking its eyes, Helena is dealt a Double Hit. Your anxiety was right – the opponent has Scrappy.

If Helena isn’t careful, with the experience difference, she’ll be down fast. However, Kangaskhan sounds tired, and the loud baby is going to be a distraction, not to mention the problem of the burn. Time and strategy is of the essence. What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You’re astounded at the sight of your fallen Hermione, thinking on how Scorpius can use a Flamethrower and continue any skirmish he is involved in. Sadly, that isn’t the case here, but you tell her and her Poke Ball that you’re feeling proud regardless. Lily goes to finish the fight, but Helena cuts her off.

“I am tak-ing this Kan-gas-khan down!” She announces boldly. You try to talk her out of it, pointing out that the foe might be able to overcome her immunity. The Shuppet knows the risks, but doesn’t care. Soon, you come round, and the grin that has surfaced on your face is responded to with a beam of reassurance and pride. Your team is stubborn, and will help you to the end, and this makes you feel happy.

As you command, she first uses Flash to blind the adversary, and it works wonders. Its attack stat is going to be high by now, but if its accuracy is hindered, that means nothing. Indeed, an attempt at a Comet Punch misses completely, bringing down even more of the odd house. Some of the pieces fall through Helena, but hurt Kangaskhan, who has suffered two Knock Offs to its tough tummy, and falls back onto its hide. The baby in its pouch is wailing from distress, and that reignites its power. Looking as best it can through the new dust cloud, and blinking its eyes, Helena is dealt a Double Hit. Your anxiety was right – the opponent has Scrappy.

If Helena isn’t careful, with the experience difference, she’ll be down fast. However, Kangaskhan sounds tired, and the loud baby is going to be a distraction, not to mention the problem of the burn. Time and strategy is of the essence. What do you do?
    Keith looked on anxiously as Helena launched into the battle, blinding the Kangaskhan with Flash, which succeeded in making its Comet Punch miss. The two Knock Offs the follow seem to deal decent damage, too, but when the baby in its pouch started to wail, it seemed to reignite the mother's power. Keith gasped audibly as the Kangaskhan's Double Hit made contact, confirming his suspicions about its Ability.

"Helena-" began Keith.

"I will be fine," the Shuppet interrupted, though the move had clearly done a number on her. "Kan-gas-khan is wea-ken-ing. I can do this! I know I can!"

"Alright," Keith said, though the tone in his voice implied that he was not so certain. "Then use your Flash once more, Helena, and follow up with another pair of Knock Offs. Now that we know it's got Scrappy, you make sure to try and avoid any move it throws your way, you got it?"

"Un-der-stood," the Shuppet responded.

Myrtle, meanwhile, could sense her trainer's anxiety for Helena's well-being, and started feeding on that, partly for the sustenance, and partly in an attempt to try and make him feel better.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #23

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Hiding your anxiety from your Shuppet is impossible, and Myrtle begins to feed off it, trying to make you feel better whilst recovering her lost health and energy from before. Helena’s reassurance hasn’t done much for you, except to allow her more time to prove herself, and she does so, blinding the Kangaskhan before it can fully get back up with an intense Flash of light, and then knocking it off both feet.

The Pokemon’s eyes stay closed a lot longer this time, and its breathing is laboured. Before you can even order more attacks, it leers at Helena before collapsing back and disappearing in a flurry of pixels. The trainer that had commanded the battle in perfect silence does the same, and Helena gains a level-up, with a little help from a fainted comrade.

With the fight over with, you let out a sigh of relief. Your knees are weak, and it’s now that you notice a mixture of panic and adrenaline has made your body shake. Thankfully, the road to the coast is now clear, and walking through the rubble of the broken house, you take a straight and clear path down to the beach. The sand here is undisturbed, as is the water... Albeit not for long. Before you know it, the tide has begun coming in, and each time the waves crash in and out, it’s a little bit faster than before. Soon, you’re more than knee-deep in water, and looking back, it’s as if you’ve been pulled away from Glitch City without even realising it. Something is about to happen. That something, rising out of the depths, is the ten foot tetris block from the Black Swan. Its figure, what looks like a mass of data, towers over you from a short distance away.

You have found Missingno. What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Hiding your anxiety from your Shuppet is impossible, and Myrtle begins to feed off it, trying to make you feel better whilst recovering her lost health and energy from before. Helena’s reassurance hasn’t done much for you, except to allow her more time to prove herself, and she does so, blinding the Kangaskhan before it can fully get back up with an intense Flash of light, and then knocking it off both feet.

The Pokemon’s eyes stay closed a lot longer this time, and its breathing is laboured. Before you can even order more attacks, it leers at Helena before collapsing back and disappearing in a flurry of pixels. The trainer that had commanded the battle in perfect silence does the same, and Helena gains a level-up, with a little help from a fainted comrade.

With the fight over with, you let out a sigh of relief. Your knees are weak, and it’s now that you notice a mixture of panic and adrenaline has made your body shake. Thankfully, the road to the coast is now clear, and walking through the rubble of the broken house, you take a straight and clear path down to the beach. The sand here is undisturbed, as is the water... Albeit not for long. Before you know it, the tide has begun coming in, and each time the waves crash in and out, it’s a little bit faster than before. Soon, you’re more than knee-deep in water, and looking back, it’s as if you’ve been pulled away from Glitch City without even realising it. Something is about to happen. That something, rising out of the depths, is the ten foot tetris block from the Black Swan. Its figure, what looks like a mass of data, towers over you from a short distance away.

You have found Missingno. What do you do?
    The match raged on. Helena let loose her Flash and followed up with Knock Off, and this time, the Kangaskhan took a while to get back up, its breathing labored. Before Keith could open his mouth to order another attack, Kangaskhan gave a sudden Leer... before collapsing and vanishing in a flurry of pixels, with its silent trainer following suit. Keith sighed a relief as Helena grew from level 1 to level 2, and then a giant grin came across his face as Helena turned to face him, beaming with pride in what she had just done.

"You did it, Helena," Keith grinned. "You won your first battle, that was great!"

"That... that was awe-some!" Helena exclaimed, ecstatic at her achievement. "My first time bat-tl-ing as a Po-ke-mon and I real-ly won!"

"Once this is over," Keith said, "To celebrate, I'm gonna buy you the TM of your choice. Anything you'd like to learn in particular?"

"I would love to know Psy-chic," Helena said. "If that is O-K, I mean."

"Of course it's OK, Helena," smiled Keith.

"You were fan-tas-tic, lit-tle sis-ter," said Myrtle, also smiling.

Once they had finished celebrating Helena's first victory in battle, they headed out of the house, past the rubble and the wreckage, and found it a straight path down to the beach. The sand and water were perfectly undisturbed, but before long, the tide started coming in at an alarming rate. Keith looked back, but it seemed as though he had been pulled away from Glitch City without his knowledge. And then...

"Look!" gasped Helena.

Keith and Lily wheeled around and saw what Helena was gaping at; the ten-foot form of Missingno., not far from where they were standing. Slowly, Keith waded a little closer to the strange and wonderful Pokemon, and for a moment, wasn't sure what to say, several questions going through his mind. He did speak up after a few moments, however, having decided on one of them to start with. "Missingno.," Keith said, "Did you bring us here for any particular reason?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #24

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You decide to approach Missingno., although you are wary, wading through the waters. It is hovering above the waves, tilted at an angle as if indefinable eyes are staring down at the party before it. It chooses to answer in screeches which are illegible to you, but not to your Pokemon, and a few of them are capable of translating.

It tells you that it brought you to Glitch City so that you and Myrtle can face up to your pasts and move on, and also so that you can face the challenges that you’ve been aspiring to for such a long time. On the rare occasions the location gains visitors, they don’t normally stay, with it or another glitch returning it to the regular world. However, you sought it out, rather than stumbling upon it by accident. That sets you apart from the rest of the city's visitors, and though it doesn't convey this in its warbled speech, Missingno. felt touched by that.

It waits, apparently wanting to know if you had any more questions to ask. Do you?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You decide to approach Missingno., although you are wary, wading through the waters. It is hovering above the waves, tilted at an angle as if indefinable eyes are staring down at the party before it. It chooses to answer in screeches which are illegible to you, but not to your Pokemon, and a few of them are capable of translating.

It tells you that it brought you to Glitch City so that you and Myrtle can face up to your pasts and move on, and also so that you can face the challenges that you’ve been aspiring to for such a long time. On the rare occasions the location gains visitors, they don’t normally stay, with it or another glitch returning it to the regular world. However, you sought it out, rather than stumbling upon it by accident. That sets you apart from the rest of the city's visitors, and though it doesn't convey this in its warbled speech, Missingno. felt touched by that.

It waits, apparently wanting to know if you had any more questions to ask. Do you?
    As Keith asked Missingno. why it had brought them to Glitch City, the fabled creature responded, albeit in screeches which were not legible to the trainer. His Pokemon, however, were capable of understanding Missingno. language, and Myrtle translated the reply.

"Mis-sing-no. says that it brought us here so you and I could face up to our pasts, and move on," Myrtle said. "On the rare oc-ca-sions there are vi-si-tors here, they do not nor-mal-ly stay, with one of our kind re-tur-ning the vi-si-tor to the re-gu-lar world, but we ac-tive-ly sought it out in-stead of stum-bling on it by ac-ci-dent." She paused, then whispered to Keith in Shuppet language, "Missingno. did not say this, but I can sense that it is touched by that."

Keith looked back up at Missingno., who seemed to be waiting for him to ask anything else on his mind. Keith did have one more question, though he probably already knew what the response would be. Still, he'd never know unless he asked, would he?

"Missingno., I do have one more question," Keith said. "Would you... would you like to come with us? I'll understand if you would rather stay here, of course, but trust me when I say that you would be more than welcome on my team." As he said this, he dug a red and green festively decorated sphere out of his backpack- a Christmas Ball- and held it out to Missingno., awaiting its response.

OOC: I know what my character is asking of Missingno. is highly unlikely, if not downright impossible, and I'll understand completely if the response is what I think it will be, but he would be acting so jarringly out of character if he didn't at least try.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #25

((Lol, you're right. It is impossible. Silly point, that one.))

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Myrtle does all of the translating that she needs to do, and a little bit more on top of that. It is then that you ask your last question, offering the creature a spot on your team within a Christmas Ball. It speaks to you all again, this time with a polite rejection. Not only does it belong in the Mystery Zones and Glitch City, it tells you, but it needs to be there. It needs to protect the others of its kind, and the few people like yourself that come into trouble that it can save.

At that moment, you find yourself pushed back some distance, the salty sea spraying you and your open party. Missingno. has its last challenge for you: a battle. This time, it won’t be with a glitch Pokemon or trainer but its grand self. You’ve struggled, but come so far, it would seem a shame to bow out now. Furthermore, you also know that Missingno. could be your only route home, and as much as you may or may not be tempted, you cannot stay in this place for the rest of your life.

Do you accept Missingno.’s final challenge?

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast