Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Glitch City

Missingno. Master: The four of you are all in agreement: one day, you will definitely return to Glitch City again. How far in the future, none of you know, or even if the Black Swan will be your gateway. Myrtle is staying with you, and as nice as it is to know... Moments of stupidity? Really? Some things never change.

Missingno. tips forward as a nod of acceptance, and screeches out a solemn goodbye before the landscape rumbles around you, blocks of data falling out of place. A feeling of nausea sweeps over the party, and everything begins to fade into a white light. Nothingness, and then, when you all come round not too long after... The room of the wrecked ship from before, the bad feeling that Myrtle had dissipated.

Instead, waiting for you in the room, is the bounty that you were hoping for: A comically glitched looking chest, that is even emitting a fizzing sound like a snowy television screen. Inside, if you wish to look, is a single Big Nugget for you to collect. So maybe your backpack hasn’t become obscenely heavy or broken from one pocket, but your wallet might later, if you’re so inclined...

Time to wrap the adventure up! What will you do?
    In response to Keith's words, Missingno. gave a single nod, and screeched out a goodbye. The landscape around them rumbled, and even started to crumble. Keith then felt, without warning, a feeling of nausea, and then there was just nothingness.

No telling how long the nothingness lasted, but it didn't seem that long to Keith. Once he was out of it, he, his two Shuppet, and his Venomoth all found themselves back in the room of the Black Swan they had been in just before being sent to Glitch City. Almost immediately, Myrtle floated up out of Keith's arms, grinning broadly, all signs of nausea gone at last. Keith smiled, relieved that she was all right, but his smile turned to a curious frown as an odd fizzing sound made itself known to his ears, like one might hear from a TV when the screen's all snowy. He looked around, and there was a chest, very glitched in appearance, almost humorously so. Keith, Myrtle, and Helena exchanged glances.

"Should I?" Keith asked the Shuppet.

"I say go for it," smiled Helena.

Nodding, Keith slowly approached the chest... and pulled a Big Nugget from within! He gasped audibly as he looked at the oversized gold sphere. "Wow!" he breathed. "Thank you, Missingno.!"

"Nice," nodded Myrtle. "Now, what say we get out of here, Meat Sack, hmmmm?" she added, sounding a little more like her old self. Keith smiled nevertheless, knowing that the experiences he shared with his Pokémon here were worth far more than the huge chunk of change he was gonna cash that Big Nugget in for. However Myrtle outwardly acted towards him, Keith knew that the two of them had grown closer as a result of this adventure. Helena, too, and maybe even Lily.

"Yeah," Keith nodded. "Yeah, let's go, everyone."

"And Meat Sack," Myrtle added, "Re-mem-ber, now that we made it out of there a-live-"

"I know, Myrtle," Keith sighed, though with a grin. "Swimming lessons. Definitely."

*Adventure complete!*

*Obtained the Big Nugget!*

OOC: Thanks so much for the awesome adventure, Meetan!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam: Relatively new to the island is the Hydro-Electric dam, a massive construct that has created a reservoir of water several dozen million cubic feet in volume. Chosen due it being a renewable source of clean energy, and promoted for the fact it produces no waste or greenhouse gases, the dam has become a tourist attraction in its own right, its rich power source attracting a large variety of electric Pokémon to the area.
    It had been a long time since Keith's last journey to Whale Island, and now, here he was again. Last time, his destination was the rotting remnants of the infamous pirate ship, the Black Swan. This time, however, the destination he had in mind was a decidedly newer one, and the Pokémon accompanying Keith outside its Poké Ball was no Shuppet or Banette.

"We're nearly there, Hermione," Keith stated. The 23-year-old Trainer was headed towards the Hydro-Electric Dam, dressed in his usual attire- a red and white sleeveless jacket over a black t-shirt, blue jeans, white and red sneakers, and what was perhaps his most distinctive feature, a large brown cowboy hat on his head. And the Pokémon he was addressing, the one known as Hermione, was a small wormlike creature which sat on Keith's shoulder. Normally, this would be where Keith's Meowth would be hitching a ride, but the Scratch Cat Pokémon opted to not accompany his Trainer for once, citing his dislike for water and a fear of falling off Keith's shoulder and into said water as reasons. Anyway, the Weedle known as Hermione was riding on that shoulder right now. Unlike other Weedle, her tail stinger was pitch black instead of the same shade of silver as her horn, due to all the times she dipped that stinger in ink to use as a makeshift pen for taking notes.

"Weeeedle, Weedle Weedle," Hermione exclaimed in response. Her behavior and tone of voice made it perfectly clear just how excited she was. Indeed, Keith never knew his Weedle to turn down an opportunity to learn something new, and a trip to a dam renowned as a renewable source of clean energy definitely qualified. Keith gave a small chuckle at Hermione's enthusiasm.

"Well, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you're pretty psyched for this," Keith grinned. "Had a feeling you'd want to come out here to learn about the dam once I read about it online.

Hermione nodded vigorously. "Weedle Weedle," she replied affirmatively. Keith smiled, happy to see his Pokémon so excited, and so they continued onward, intent on reaching the dam.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I had been wanting to start up an adventure here earlier, but never got a chance to get picked up.

Energos Quarry: As a mine abandoned after an errant spark caused a massive cave-in that crushed hundreds of workers, Energos Quarry is full of an electro-magnetic ore that causes electrical devices to malfunction and electric Pokémon to act strangely even inside their Pokéballs. Although abandoned, there are still many gemstones to be found in the tunnels and mines within, although plucky adventurers are warned that some of the Pokémon living in the mines may be reluctant to part with the treasures.
    "Gemstones, huh? One of those would be a nice keepsake to have in memory of my journeys..."

It was that thought that had compelled Katsura to come explore the Energos Quarry, which he had read about in a book detailing the local points of interest. Not oblivious to the reported effects the mine's ore was said to have on electric Pokemon, he had decided it would be for the best to keep his usual companion of Kiba in his Pokeball for the duration of the trip; keeping it tucked away safely in his bag as an extra precaution. Instead, he was accompanied by a pair of different Pokemon; his Gible, Tia, and his Turtwig, Zelkova.

The two of them were staying close by his side as they approached; a welcome behavior compared to Kiba's usual habit of leading the way at a rapid pace which on more then a few occasions had gotten them both into trouble. They were also having a rather lively conversation with each other about something; presumably about what awaited them up ahead, though Katsura could never be certain.

Before long, they found themselves standing at the entrance of the quarry, which had been left long abandoned since the freak accident that had doomed hundreds who once worked there. Katsura felt the likelihood of such a thing occurring again was slim, and as such, was mostly concerned about the wild Pokemon that surely lurked within. "Both of you... I need you to stay alert while we're in here. I don't want to get ambushed by anything." he said, his two Pokemon both giving a nod of the head and a word of acknowledgment in response. He knew he could count on Tia, the Gible looking confident and dutiful. Zelkova, on the other hand, was wearing the same dopey smile as always, which wasn't reassuring, as Katsura couldn't feel certain of whether the Turtwig was taking things seriously or not, though he at least knew he was a lot sharper then he looked.

Having prepared their minds for danger, the trio set off into the depths of the quarry...

Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

Southern Gulf
    The southern regions of Whale Island are known to be beautiful grassland with rolling hills and grazing Mareep by the thousand, as well as vast forests protected by the Whale Island Conservation Society. Some unapproved logging has been taking place recently, however, causing much stress to both the WICS and the local wildlife, prompting the Pokémon to show higher levels of hostility toward trainers and picnickers alike.

Areas:
    Pirate's Cove: A sizable gulf set in some cliffs, with torrential waters at the entrance preventing proper investigation. So called for the fact that pirates frequented the cove for their plunder, and located not too far from the Laguna Peninsula, the rapids have resulted in the area being less cordoned as a tourist spot. Though several people have managed to brave the waters, using their powerful Surfing Pokémon to break through, none have emerged from the hallowed cliffs, rumoured to contain vast swathes of booty.
    “Excuse me sir, we've arrived at your destination”

A female voice woke the Pokémon trainer from his sleep, the veteran of the Fizzy Bubbles region opening one eye. Before him stood a tall leggy blonde, wearing a blue uniform with a look of concern and hurry on her face. Matthew nodded, lazily waving his hand as he rubbed his eyes and swept his hair back. After a moment stretching, he bounded from his chair, found the full whiskey he had order the other night and downed in it one fell gulp. Grabbing his backpack from the side of the plush arm chair he had fallen asleep from, Matthew picked up the half-smoked cigar laying in the ash tray and began to navigate his way down to the exit on the lower-east side.

After a few moments, he found himself waiting in a room with a half-dozen other people, some he recognized as Pokémon trainers, others he guessed were tourists or simple merchant trainers. Matthew remembered consulting his Pokédex about the locale and finding out the Whale Islands to be founded, and run, on the tourist trade. This being the end of winter, however, probably explained the dwindling amount of adventurers, and the cheap price of his travel. The doors flung open mid-thought as the docking platform hit the ground and everyone began to file out of the room. Matthew waited until last before exiting, the sun streaming down on his face before he blocked it out with his hands, the still chilly air fitting of the time of year.

Standing on the top of the ramp, Matthew reached into the jacket pocket of his blue wool coat, pulling out the cigar he had picked up earlier and a silver zippo lighter, gripping in-between his teeth before lighting. Taking a few puffs, he began his descent down the ramp, his desert boots clanging on the gripped steel with every step.

Thanking the crew at the bottom, he consulted his Pokédex for directions. He had been very tempted to visit multiple zones within the Whale Islands; his want of a special and rare electric-type had almost lured him to the Northern Beaches while the rumours of Ancient Pokémon had almost been enough to pay for travel to the Crater Lake of the Central Plains. But alas his collector soul had won the war of attrition, and so the Pokémon trainer traveled to the Southern Gulf in search of the legendary Pirate Cove.

He reached down onto his belt and pulled off a silver Pokéball, the premierball, from one of the clips. Inside the unfamiliar face of Krem stared back at him, the Closyter a new acquisition from his good friend and fighting type trainer Levin Sanders who had traded him to give him a new start. Matthew released the water/ice type onto the ground as Krem levitated a foot from it, staring coldly at the trainer.

Matthew's faced turned to a perplexed confusion for a slight second, he had been warned that Cloyster was cold and calculating but Matthew had hoped to impress some sort of change on him by now, especially after burrying a large amount of recourses into him.

“Perhaps adventure will bring us closer together” the trainer thought to himself

“I can hear you you know” a deep voice snapped back as Krem turned its body to face him

“Oh … Well that might come in handy … later.” the trainer stammered back, caught unaware and just simply forgot of his new Pokemon's psychic affinity. He was used to a Pokémon being able to read his thoughts having previously owned an Alakazam, but it had been some time since that bond and the feeling was strange. Unnerving.

After the awkward moment passed, he begun to study the screen of his Pokédex in his hands, the flashing icon indicating himself some distance from the cliffs that were rumoured to hold the pirate's booty. He set off into the distance, Krem following by his side, as an adventure surely awaited...

Default February Updates #1

Hey guys, welcome to Whale Island and I hope you enjoy your adventures

Missingno Master: You and Hermione continue on your way, wanting to get to the dam. Most days, and this would have been a fairly quick and uneventful trip. Unfortunately for you, this was not going to one of those days. As you walk along the path, you notice that there is a lot of noise, which almost sounds like electrical humming. And now that you think of it, you hadn’t seen any people or Pokémon the whole time. What was going on here?

“Help me!” someone shouted, their voice nearly drowned out by the humming. “Dear god, please will someone help me!”

Someone was in trouble! Trying to pinpoint the direction of the person’s voice, which turns out to be way more difficult than you thought it would be, you start running to where you think they might be. Curiously, the humming starts to get louder and louder as you run through the forage, which makes you wonder where on earth you are going. Finally you burst out into a cleared area, thankfully stopping before you plunge over a cliff.

“Please help me!”

The voice is now way clearer, definitely coming from the cliff face. You quickly walk over to the edge and look down. There is a woman standing on a ledge, which is only just big enough for her to stand on. You also discover the source of the humming. Floating around her are a large horde of Magnemite, who all look pretty ticked off. The woman notices you looking over the edge and yells out again.

“Oh thank god, you heard me! Please, help me!”

What will you do?

Rakurai:
    You walk into the quarry, with your Turtwig and Gible by your side. Deep within your bag was your Electrike, your attempt to prevent anything funny going on with him. The quarry is obviously abandoned, equipment from before the collapse still sitting there. Embedded within the walls are several gems, varying in size and colour. The sides of the mine still have barely functioning lighting, giving you some vision, but only enough to see a few feet in front of you. Walking along, you start to hear loud thumps, almost like something heavy walking. This could be potentially bad, especially if the thing was as large as it sounded.

Keeping an ear out for the noise, you continue to walk through the mine. However your walk was soon interrupted by something charging towards you from the darkness ahead. You have enough time to jump out of the thing’s way, but as soon as you do, a very large and heavy object slams into you from the opposite direction, sending you flying to the ground. The force tears the straps of your backpack, flinging it into the wall. Tia and Zelkova don’t even have time to react before the first creature swings out its arm, throwing the pair of Pokémon into the wall. You try to get up, but the second creature slams into you, knocking you out.

You come to, Tia and Zelkova prodding you, trying to make sure that you are, in fact, alive. Sitting up, you happen to glance over at where your backpack had been thrown… where it no longer was! It was gone, and so was Kiba! They had taken Kiba! You look around, trying to find any clue as to where they could have gone. Though the dim light made it difficult, you saw that they left behind two different tracks, one leading ahead, and one leading the way you had come from.

What will you do?

Treepandaone: You set off, hoping to maybe find the pirate booty, your Cloyster coming along with you. Your pokedex indicates the way for you to get to the cliffs that supposedly contain the treasure. The path is easy enough to find, but it soon becomes apparent that the trip won’t be as easy. About a quarter of the way along the track is a large barricade, a man standing there with his Magmortar. You can’t see any end to the barricade, it appears to just keeping going on both sides. Made out of metal it also prevents you from being able to see anything on the other side. The man notices you and motions for Magmortar to move forward. Before you can do anything, the large fire type grabs your arm and pulls you towards the barricade. As the man sizes you up, you get to do the same. The man is quite larger than you, both in height and width, and his face is bright red, probably because of the really heavy military print clothing that he is wearing.

“What business do you have here!” he yells, little flecks of spit flying out of his mouth.

You explain to him that you are on your way to the cliff, leaving out the bit about the treasure. After all, it seemed like mentioning it could possibly cause trouble that you don’t want.

The man scoffs at you, “What nonsense, those cliffs are boring. You don’t want to go there. Unless of course you happen to be looking for the treasure?” He laughs, resulting in more spit flying out. “But everyone knows that’s it’s just a tale, right?” He leans forward, putting his face in front of yours. “Anyways, you can’t get there. The cliff’s closed off to tourists. There have been sightings of some, well let’s just say undesirable people, and the area’s been deemed dangerous. Maybe you should just turn back and go elsewhere.”

So that explains the barricade. Maybe you should go back and look elsewhere, or maybe you could see if you could help? Hell, maybe you could try to find a way over the barricade.

What will you do?
    Last edited by PeeGee; 18th February 2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeGee View Post

Missingno Master: You and Hermione continue on your way, wanting to get to the dam. Most days, and this would have been a fairly quick and uneventful trip. Unfortunately for you, this was not going to one of those days. As you walk along the path, you notice that there is a lot of noise, which almost sounds like electrical humming. And now that you think of it, you hadn’t seen any people or Pokémon the whole time. What was going on here?

“Help me!” someone shouted, their voice nearly drowned out by the humming. “Dear god, please will someone help me!”

Someone was in trouble! Trying to pinpoint the direction of the person’s voice, which turns out to be way more difficult than you thought it would be, you start running to where you think they might be. Curiously, the humming starts to get louder and louder as you run through the forage, which makes you wonder where on earth you are going. Finally you burst out into a cleared area, thankfully stopping before you plunge over a cliff.

“Please help me!”

The voice is now way clearer, definitely coming from the cliff face. You quickly walk over to the edge and look down. There is a woman standing on a ledge, which is only just big enough for her to stand on. You also discover the source of the humming. Floating around her are a large horde of Magnemite, who all look pretty ticked off. The woman notices you looking over the edge and yells out again.

“Oh thank god, you heard me! Please, help me!”

What will you do?
    As Keith and Hermione continued, it soon became apparent that there was a lot of noise. Strange noise, mostly, noise that Keith couldn't quite identify. Though if he had to take a guess, he'd suppose it was electrical humming.

"Weedle Weedle?" Hermione inquired, glancing around. Again, Keith couldn't speak Weedle, but he had a vague idea as to what this was about- Hermione was clearly commenting on the lack of people or Pokémon in the area.

"Yeah, it's weird," Keith replied. "You'd think we'd have seen someone right about now-"

However, a scream for help cut him off. Stopping in place, Keith looked all around, trying to figure out where it came from. Hermione was doing the same thing, until she finally jabbed her tail stinger in one direction. "Weedle, Weedle!" she exclaimed urgently. Keith, taking the cue, dashed off in that direction, but had to stop short to avoid going over the edge of a cliff.

"Wah!" Keith exclaimed as he narrowly avoided going over the edge. The voice cried out again, this time much clearer than before, which clued Keith into the fact that they were close. But the voice was definitely coming from the face of the cliff. Carefully, Keith made his way over to the edge and peered over.

Some distance down the cliff, there was a ledge, only just big enough to support the woman who was standing on it. The woman was surrounded by a horde of silvery metallic creatures which resembled steel balls with large horseshoe magnets and assorted screws attached. Keith took out his Pokédex.

"Magnemite, the Magnet Pokémon," droned the device. "Magnemite is attracted to electromagnetic waves and feeds on electricity. It was the first species of Pokémon to be officially classified as a Steel-type."

"Oh, geez," Keith murmured. "Hermione, we gotta do something!"

"Weedle," nodded Hermione.

At that moment, the woman looked up and noticed Keith. Extremely grateful that he managed to hear her, she pleaded for help once again. "Don't worry, ma'am," Keith called. "OK," he muttered to himself. "First things first, we got to deal with those Magnemite..."

'Weedle!" Hermione exclaimed suddenly. She swiftly crawled down Keith's arm until she reached the Pokédex he was still clutching. Keith had no idea what Hermione had in mind, but she hastily pressed several buttons on the device until it spoke up again.

"Thunder Wave," it droned. "An attack that employs an electromagnetic wave to paralyze its target."

"Thunder Wave? What- oh. Oh!" Keith exclaimed, suddenly getting it. "I get it, Hermione- you think that if I bring out something that knows Thunder Wave, we can draw the Magnemite away from her, right?"

"Weedle Weedle Weedle," Hermione nodded, crawling back onto Keith's shoulder.

"There's just one problem, though," Keith added sheepishly. "I... kinda... didn't bring Hebenon with me, and he's my only Pokémon that knows the move." If Hermione had the proper anatomy for facepalming, she would have facepalmed right about now. "Don't sweat it, Hermione," Keith assured her. "We can still handle those Magnemite. I have an idea of my own." With that, he peered over the edge of the cliff again. "All right, Hermione," he instructed his Weedle. "Try to take out those Magnemite with your Chocolate Magic attack! Once they're dealt with, then use String Shot to make a rope for that woman, we can pull her up with that."

"Weedle, Weedle," Hermione nodded. She carefully looked down and took aim at the Magnemite, ready to fire off her chocolaty attack. The chocolate fired by Chocolate Magic was molten, after all, so surely the heat would have a great effect on the Electric/Steel-types.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Treepandaone: You set off, hoping to maybe find the pirate booty, your Cloyster coming along with you. Your pokedex indicates the way for you to get to the cliffs that supposedly contain the treasure. The path is easy enough to find, but it soon becomes apparent that the trip won’t be as easy. About a quarter of the way along the track is a large barricade, a man standing there with his Magmortar. You can’t see any end to the barricade, it appears to just keeping going on both sides. Made out of metal it also prevents you from being able to see anything on the other side. The man notices you and motions for Magmortar to move forward. Before you can do anything, the large fire type grabs your arm and pulls you towards the barricade. As the man sizes you up, you get to do the same. The man is quite larger than you, both in height and width, and his face is bright red, probably because of the really heavy military print clothing that he is wearing.

“What business do you have here!” he yells, little flecks of spit flying out of his mouth.

You explain to him that you are on your way to the cliff, leaving out the bit about the treasure. After all, it seemed like mentioning it could possibly cause trouble that you don’t want.

The man scoffs at you, “What nonsense, those cliffs are boring. You don’t want to go there. Unless of course you happen to be looking for the treasure?” He laughs, resulting in more spit flying out. “But everyone knows that’s it’s just a tale, right?” He leans forward, putting his face in front of yours. “Anyways, you can’t get there. The cliff’s closed off to tourists. There have been sightings of some, well let’s just say undesirable people, and the area’s been deemed dangerous. Maybe you should just turn back and go elsewhere.”

So that explains the barricade. Maybe you should go back and look elsewhere, or maybe you could see if you could help? Hell, maybe you could try to find a way over the barricade.

What will you do?
    OoC: Let me know if the sudden replying is annoying / demotivating and I'll tone it down (it was for me when I was updating)

A barricade stood in Matthew's way some quarter distance from the place he had set off. His eyes squinted when he saw a man of military background manning the gate with a Pokémon species he recognized well. He had served in the millitary himself from a very young age having been born in a Team Rocket occupied city, his father forced to do research for them, unable to set off on his journey at the age of 12. It was a blast from the past. An alternative universe. A what if?

Attempting to get a better view of beyond the blockade, Matthew was greeted with a Magmortar in his face which dragged him to one side before he could say anything. Fuming, Matthew turned to its owner and begun to size him up. Taller. Wider. Bright Red. Nothing he didn't think he couldn't knock out.

“What business do you have here!” it shouted at the Pokémon trainer, Matthew's face growing ever sterner as flicks of spittle flew from the corner of the military personnel’s mouth. He attempted to explain his plan; the veteran trainer using short sentences as he grew more and more tiresome of the company of such an asshole. He decided to leave out that he was looking for treasure, but he knew with all the rumours it would be assumed.

"What nonsense, those cliffs are boring. You don’t want to go there. Unless of course you happen to be looking for the treasure? But everyone knows that’s it’s just a tale, right? Anyways, you can’t get there. The cliff’s closed off to tourists. There have been sightings of some, well let’s just say undesirable people, and the area’s been deemed dangerous. Maybe you should just turn back and go elsewhere.”

After hearing an explanation, a scoff and a laugh all accompanied by a river of saliva, Matthew clenched his fists and restrained himself from lumping the guy and wailing on him for a good few minutes. For him, it wasn't just the attitude but the same old nonsense red-tape that had made him become disillusioned by the military some 6 years ago. He turned to the man manning the barricade, put on the gruffest voice he used for negotiating with the higher-ups and begun to speak

“Listen here you maggot. I falsified my age when I was 15, joined the army and fought Team Rocket in the war. You think you're tough because you've got power over an outpost? I'll show you real power by knocking your ass to the ground and mud-stomping some respect in you. We fought Team Rocket when Giovanni was still in charge; the greatest threat Kanto had ever seen and you're telling me you've closed off this area because of some “unsavory characters”? Let me through right now or me and my Rhyperior and going to knock you and your pussy-ass Magmortar out for cold and step through ourselves. I'll deal with the "danger" myself”
    Last edited by Treepandaone; 18th February 2014 at 8:45 PM.

Rakurai: You walk into the quarry, with your Turtwig and Gible by your side. Deep within your bag was your Electrike, your attempt to prevent anything funny going on with him. The quarry is obviously abandoned, equipment from before the collapse still sitting there. Embedded within the walls are several gems, varying in size and colour. The sides of the mine still have barely functioning lighting, giving you some vision, but only enough to see a few feet in front of you. Walking along, you start to hear loud thumps, almost like something heavy walking. This could be potentially bad, especially if the thing was as large as it sounded.

Keeping an ear out for the noise, you continue to walk through the mine. However your walk was soon interrupted by something charging towards you from the darkness ahead. You have enough time to jump out of the thing’s way, but as soon as you do, a very large and heavy object slams into you from the opposite direction, sending you flying to the ground. The force tears the straps of your backpack, flinging it into the wall. Tia and Zelkova don’t even have time to react before the first creature swings out its arm, throwing the pair of Pokémon into the wall. You try to get up, but the second creature slams into you, knocking you out.

You come to, Tia and Zelkova prodding you, trying to make sure that you are, in fact, alive. Sitting up, you happen to glance over at where your backpack had been thrown… where it no longer was! It was gone, and so was Kiba! They had taken Kiba! You look around, trying to find any clue as to where they could have gone. Though the dim light made it difficult, you saw that they left behind two different tracks, one leading ahead, and one leading the way you had come from.

What will you do?
    "What...happened?", Katsura thought as he awoke, having been stirred by someone prodding him. It took him a moment to regain his senses, but once he did, he was immediately able to recall how he had ended up like this, and he brought himself up off the ground before looking about in a panic. He quickly laid eyes upon Tia and Zelkova, who had been waiting by his side, the former looking very concerned, while the latter was again smiling cheerily, presumably happy to see that his trainer was alright. "Thank goodness you two are okay..." he said as embraced the both of them briefly, a wave of relief washing over him as he did so. However, as his eyes shifted to the spot where his bag had fallen, his relief vanished almost as quickly as it had come. The bag was gone; presumably taken by the Pokemon that had attacked them, and with it, Kiba.

"No, no, no, NO! This isn't happening!", he exclaimed with frustration and fear before grasping his head with both hands. He had already had a Pokemon stolen from him when he was much younger; his first Pokemon, whom he had never seen ever since. The thought of potentially losing Kiba as well in such a fashion made him sick, more so if it ended up being as a result of his decision to come to the quarry. Before he could stress himself out any further, though, he was met with a sudden, sharp sensation of pain, as Zelkova had decided chomp on his leg. "OW! Wh...what are you doing?!", he said with irritation to the Turtwig, who smiled at him cheerily. Tia was looking similarly annoyed and confused by his choice of action, though her expression soon softened, seeming to understand why he had done that. "Ah. I get it. You don't want me to panic.", Katsura said after having noticed Tia's change in disposition, to which the Turtwig gave a nod of his head. "You're right. Freaking out isn't going to solve anything.", he added.

Having calmed down, Katsura started to look about again, and noticed that his two attackers had left trails; one heading back the way they had come, another heading deeper into the quarry. While he thought it most likely that the one who had taken his bag had headed deeper into the cave, he couldn't be certain The only ones who might've had an idea of which way to go were his Pokemon. "You two didn't happen to notice which way the Pokemon who took my bag went, did you?", he asked them. "If not, I think it would be best for us to follow that trail going in the direction we had come from. We haven't come too far and if that Pokemon gets out of the quarry, it could go anywhere from there..."

Last edited by Rakurai; 18th February 2014 at 11:01 PM.

Southern Gulf
    The southern regions of Whale Island are known to be beautiful grassland with rolling hills and grazing Mareep by the thousand, as well as vast forests protected by the Whale Island Conservation Society. Some unapproved logging has been taking place recently, however, causing much stress to both the WICS and the local wildlife, prompting the Pokémon to show higher levels of hostility toward trainers and picnickers alike.

Areas:
    Cascade Waterfall: The largest of a series of waterfalls along the Blitz River, the Cascade Waterfall is by far the most amazing of them all. Walking trails lead up and down either side of the falls and through the surrounding bushland, making it a lovely place to visit on anyone's itinerary. Wild Pokémon have become accustomed to the number of people visiting here and can sometimes be quite friendly.
    Proof of me passing the AR and my stats.

Somewhere off the serene view of the crashing waves near the edge of the river was a young man that went by the name Ethan, seating cross legged, arms to the side and eyes closed in a meditating position humming, "Hmmmm…"

On the other side, right across from him was his Reuniclus doing the same thing, they had been trying for the last hour and half to connect their minds mentally until finally the blob seemed to have had enough! Throwing his 'arms' around and slamming them hard on the ground in frustration.

Noticing this, the young man in a black T, basketball shorts and sneakers had opened his blue eyes to the world once again, "Angelo, stop. I get it it’s okay-" his words failing him, getting up the boy rushed over to him and as the gummi Pokémon was about to smash him right into the ground he stopped.

Grabbing his right arm, "Trust me, it’s not easy for me either, I…I wished we had a stronger bond, like I do with my other Pokémon, maybe…maybe it’s the way we met, we didn’t meet on the greatest terms…but hey," he gave an assuring glance, "you’ve grown and look at you now you’re fully evolved."

Looking into the amoeba’s eyes the boy could only see sadness…"Maybe if you told me about what happened?"

But he couldn’t, Angelo couldn’t, he couldn’t even use Psychic to commune to his trainer…

Finally the boy sighed, and rised up, "Let’s not make this a waste of a trip, how about we do some exploring before he head back?" hoping maybe some bonding time would do them some good the boy grabbed his pack and with his Psychic Pokémon right behind him, went looking for adventure.
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 19th May 2014 at 8:36 PM. Reason: Adding in a new link to me passing the AR

Welcome aboard Bless the Metal!

Missingno Master: Hermione aims at the Magnemite horde and lets loose with her Chocolate Magic. The molten chocolate spurts forward, hitting several of the magnet pokemon, coating them in the sticky confectionary. However, it seems that you have miscalculated the effectiveness of the attack, as all it has done is cover and weigh down some of the Magnemite. Magnemite who were now focusing all of their attention on you. The sound of crackling fills the air as they rise up above the cliff lip, all of their eyes focused on you. Momentarily frozen in shock, you only just regain yourself enough to jump out of the way of a Thunderbolt that one lets off. Oh boy, this was not going well. They circle around you, the screws atop their bodies beginning to send off sparks. Magnemite behind you shoots out a Thunderbolt, the resulting explosion propelling you forward past the Magnemite… and over the cliff’s edge.

As you fall, Hermione shoots out a String Shot, not wanting to end up as bug splatter on the ground. While your descent is slowed by the string, you are still falling nevertheless. Hermione is trying her hardest to slow you down, and initially it doesn’t look like she is able to. But fortunately you find yourself slowing down, and as luck would have it, you are near the woman stuck on the ledge.

“Oh thank you for rescuing me!” she shouts, not considering what was actually happening, before she jumps off the ledge.

She lands on your legs, wrapping her arms them. The added weight of the woman turns out to be too much for the string and SNAP it breaks. You let out a scream as you fall and pull Hermione close to your chest, to try and keep her safe. Underneath you the woman doesn’t scream, in fact she almost seems annoyed as the three of you fall. That’s the last thing you, as you close your eyes. THUMP! You hit the ground, and open your eyes, pain shooting throughout your body. Hermione seems to be okay, thank god, and you look over to check on the woman. She appears to be unconscious, which is confirmed by her chest rising and falling. Then a buzzing noise fills your ears. You look up and see that the Magnemite have followed you down.

What will you do?

Treepandaone: The man just stands there as you lay out your credentials, the corners of his lips starting to turn upwards as you finish before bursting out into laughter, Magmortar joining in.

“Ah is that so?” the man once he stops laughing, his face flushed red, “Please keep telling me about how you fought in a war when you were only 15. Next thing you’re gonna tell me is that you are a decorated war hero or something. Try and pull the other one next time. Now be on your way.”

He begins to laugh again and pats your back in a faux sympathetic fashion. However the laughing soon stops when he realises that you aren’t planning on going anywhere. His eyes narrow, watching you as your hand lowers to release your Rhyperior. Unfortunately, your hand doesn’t get there. Just before your hand clamps down on his ball, something crashes into your back. Before you can even react, something cold and metallic is placed around your wrists, probably handcuffs.

“I told you that you should turn around and go elsewhere,” said the man, leaning down into your face. “But you didn’t listen. What a shame. Well, what can you do?”

Wait… what about Krem? Maybe he could do something? THUMP! Something heavy lands next to you, and you see that it’s your Cloyster, now bound in some sort of material that was holding his shell shut. Someone, or something, grabs a hold of your ankles and starts to drag you, face down, away, the Magmortar carrying Krem. A door is opened, the loud hollow sound signifying that it’s made of metal, and you are thrown into what could only be a called a small room if you were being generous, Krem thrown in beside you. The door closes, and so does any last trace of light. Crap. You appear to be stuck in a essentially a small metal box with Krem, your hands stuck in a position where they can’t get to any of your PokeBalls.

What will you do?

Rakurai: Both of your pokemon, unfortunately, inform you that they had no idea who had taken Kiba as they had been unconscious like you. Worried, you decide to follow the tracks of the thing that was headed out of the cave. After all, you haven’t come too far so logic follows that they couldn’t have gone too far… right? On the way back to the entrance you find yourself seeing things that you don’t quite remember seeing before. Like there was suddenly parts of now destroyed machinery just lying about, which were definitely not there before. And for that matter, you swear that the lights aren’t working as well. You glance over at the lights and confirm your suspicion. There are large lengths of the lights embedded into the wall that are now destroyed, and the dents left behind suggest that something very large destroyed them.

What on earth went this way? Continuing in the now darker path, more and more deserted machinery parts appearing, bright light fills your sight and you exit out of the mine. You survey the area, trying to see if the pokemon was there. Even if you have no idea what it actually looks like, you need to find it.

“Halt there!” a woman shouts out.

You look to your right and see a woman standing atop an excavator; wearing what can only be described as a Pikachu onesie. She jumps down and points her finger at you, a crazed look in her eyes.

“You have been judged unworthy of holding an almighty Electric, and as such you must pay!” she yells out.

Looks like she could be somewhat responsible for Kiba being taken, but at the same time, she doesn’t appear to be all there mentally, which means that she might not actually have anything to do with the incident.

What will you do?

Bless the Metal: You and your Reniculus make your way to the waterfall, set to do some exploring. The trip there is pretty quick; you weren’t that far away from it after all. Being a tourist attraction, the area surrounding the waterfall is full of people, who have all come to see the serene view. The sounds of children playing with the local pokemon, tame due to the constant exposure to people, fill the air, making you smile. However the sounds suddenly; stop the immediate silence eerie. You look around and see that no one is moving, everyone is still as a rock. Everyone but you and Angelo, at least that is what you thought till you saw someone running down one of the mountain trails, a black cloak obscuring their body. Then the silence stops, the sounds of children playing filling the air again.

What was that? Did that person have anything to do with what just happened? You take a step and someone puts their hand on your shoulder. You spin around and see a hulking man standing there, wearing naught but a pair of blue overalls.

“Now where do you think you’re going?” he asked, his voice raspy.

His grip tightens, it doesn’t look like he is just going to let you go.

What will you do?
    Last edited by PeeGee; 27th February 2014 at 6:49 AM.

Missingno Master: Hermione aims at the Magnemite horde and lets loose with her Chocolate Magic. The molten chocolate spurts forward, hitting several of the magnet pokemon, coating them in the sticky confectionary. However, it seems that you have miscalculated the effectiveness of the attack, as all it has done is cover and weigh down some of the Magnemite. Magnemite who were now focusing all of their attention on you. The sound of crackling fills the air as they rise up above the cliff lip, all of their eyes focused on you. Momentarily frozen in shock, you only just regain yourself enough to jump out of the way of a Thunderbolt that one lets off. Oh boy, this was not going well. They circle around you, the screws atop their bodies beginning to send off sparks. Magnemite behind you shoots out a Thunderbolt, the resulting explosion propelling you forward past the Magnemite… and over the cliff’s edge.

As you fall, Hermione shoots out a String Shot, not wanting to end up as bug splatter on the ground. While your descent is slowed by the string, you are still falling nevertheless. Hermione is trying her hardest to slow you down, and initially it doesn’t look like she is able to. But fortunately you find yourself slowing down, and as luck would have it, you are near the woman stuck on the ledge.

“Oh thank you for rescuing me!” she shouts, not considering what was actually happening, before she jumps off the ledge.

She lands on your legs, wrapping her arms them. The added weight of the woman turns out to be too much for the string and SNAP it breaks. You let out a scream as you fall and pull Hermione close to your chest, to try and keep her safe. Underneath you the woman doesn’t scream, in fact she almost seems annoyed as the three of you fall. That’s the last thing you, as you close your eyes. THUMP! You hit the ground, and open your eyes, pain shooting throughout your body. Hermione seems to be okay, thank god, and you look over to check on the woman. She appears to be unconscious, which is confirmed by her chest rising and falling. Then a buzzing noise fills your ears. You look up and see that the Magnemite have followed you down.

What will you do?
    Keith grinned as the Chocolate Magic attack hit its marks, but this grin quickly started to fade away as Keith realized something- the molten quality of said chocolate was not causing nearly as much discomfort in the Magnemite as Keith had hoped. His thinking was, Steel-types hate heat, hence their weakness to Fire, and thus, being blasted with extremely hot melted chocolate could not possibly be a pleasant experience for them. Well, he had been right about it not being pleasant for them, at any rate- those Magnemite did not look happy.

"Oh, crap," Keith murmured weakly as the Electric/Steel-types rose up above the cliff, their attention focused on Keith. Stunned by this though he was, he still had the presence of mind to jump out of the way of the oncoming Thunderbolt attack. "Oh, double crap," Keith said as the Magnemite started to circle all around him.

"Weedle... Weedle..." Hermione whimpered, glancing around at the angered Magnemite. And then, another Thunderbolt. This one caused an explosion behind Keith, which propelled him and Hermione clear off the cliff.

"Oh, triple crap!" exclaimed Keith. "Hermione! String Shot! Now!!"

Hermione did not need telling twice. The Weedle hastened to let fly a String Shot, which stuck to the cliff. Desperately, Hermione tried to slow their descent. Keith was not a heavy man, but still, this was not going well... until finally, they neared the ledge which contained the woman who had cried out for help in the first place, and the String Shot finally seemed to be slowing them down. Keith breathed a sigh of relief... until he realized that the woman seemed somewhat oblivious to what was going on. Thinking that this was an intentional part of the rescue attempt, she jumped off the ledge. "Hey, whoa, wait, hold on-" Keith began, but no use- the woman had already jumped, and was now clinging to Keith's legs. And just as he had feared, the sudden addition of that extra weight was taking its toll on the String Shot, putting far too much strain on it until... SNAP.

"Oh, quadruple crap," Keith groaned.

And they fell. Very fast. Towards the ground. Instinctively, Keith held Hermione close to his chest, hoping to at least keep his Weedle safe. The woman wasn't screaming- in fact, if anything, she seemed annoyed by the whole situation. This in turn annoyed Keith. Or, it would have, only he was just a tad preoccupied with the inevitability of slamming into the ground. Keith closed his eyes, and braced for impact...

THUMP!

Keith opened his eyes. "Owwww," he groaned, gingerly getting back up to his feet. He winced in pain, but seemed to be mostly OK, and a quick glance down told him that Hermione had survived the fall with no injuries. The woman, on the other hand, seemed to have been knocked unconscious. "OK," he sighed. "I think it goes without saying that this isn't going anything like I planned."

"Weedle, Weedle," nodded Hermione in agreement. And then, Keith heard it- the buzzing noise. And he knew just what was making that buzzing noise, too. Sure enough, Keith glanced up, and saw that the Magnemite had followed him.

"Well," Keith remarked. "Hermione?" he said, addressing the Weedle who had crawled back onto his shoulder.

"Weedle?" replied Hermione.

"You, uh, you don't suppose those Magnemite might possibly be in a forgiving mood?" Keith asked.

"Weedle," Hermione shook her head no.

"Yeah, figured as much," agreed Keith. "Probably zero chance they'd back down without a fight, huh?"

"Weedle Weedle," Hermione replied, now nodding.

"OK," Keith sighed as he took out a Poké Ball. "If these guys want a fight, then let's give them one they'll never forget and always regret! Hermione, I choose you," he said, which the Weedle took as her cue to crawl down off of Keith and stand between him and the Magnemite horde. "And of course, a little backup never hurt," Keith added, throwing the ball. "I choose you, Godric!" he exclaimed as the ball opened up, unleashing a Nidorino from within.

The Poison Pin Pokémon glanced up at his electrical adversaries, then turned to Hermione. "Riiinoh?" he grunted questioningly.

"Weedle Weedle, Weedle Weedle Weedle," came the reply. Keith spoke neither Nidorino language nor Weedle language, but he supposed Godric was asking Hermione for any info she might have on the Magnemite, and possibly having a quick discussion of strategy. That was Godric's style- though he had no qualms about listening to Keith, he always tended to take charge whenever he could. And then, the Nidorino turned his head back to face Keith, and his eyes flashed with blue light. At the same time, items shifted around inside Keith's backpack, a zipper opened seemingly of its own accord, and a shiny black rock, propelled by Godric's Confusion, hovered out and landed in Keith's hand.

"Godric," Keith murmured, glancing at the Moon Stone in his hand. "You sure the time is right?"

"Rino, rino," the Nidorino nodded. Keith gave a small sigh. He had been hoping to hold off on this until both he and Godric felt the time was right. At the very least, he wanted to evolve Chuck into a Gengar first, just so he and Godric could have a practice battle against each other, purely for the video game reference. And yet, at the same time he realized just how stupid a reason that was for forestalling evolution, especially if that was pretty much the only reason. OK, yeah, it would've been cool for a laugh or two, but on the other hand, the immunity to Electric moves this would bring would surely give Godric the upper hand against these Magnemite. Besides, Godric had just confirmed that it was the right time, and Keith knew that Godric tends to know what he's talking about when he's sure about stuff.

Keith slowly took a few steps forward, and placed the Moon Stone on the ground immediately to the right of his Nidorino, then hastened to step back. And not a moment too soon, either, for once he had backed off, both Pokémon and stone had begun to glow, the latter being absorbed into the former's body as he began to drastically change shape. He gained muscle and bulk, his horn jutted out even further than before, he stood up on his hind legs, and a large, powerful tail sprouted from his backside. The glow faded at this point as the newly evolved gave a mighty and triumphant roar. Now grinning in spite of his previous hesitance to evolve Godric so soon, Keith held out his Pokédex.

"Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon, and the evolved form of Nidorino," droned the device. "Nidoking's hide is hard as steel, and its horn can punch through diamond. Its tail is its mightiest weapon, and can reduce a telephone pole to toothpicks with just one swing."

Already, Keith was feeling much more confident about taking on this Magnemite horde. "Alright, let's do this!" he grinned. "Hermione, use your Firestream. Hit as many of them as you can. Then try to evade their moves using Can't Catch Me. Godric," he added, addressing his new Nidoking. "Blast them with Supersonic, then pick a target and use Drill Run."

Code:
    What?  Nidorino is evolving!

...!

Congratulations!  Your Nidorino evolved into Nidoking!

*Godric learned Surf!*
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 27th February 2014 at 8:07 AM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Welcome aboard Bless the Metal!

Bless the Metal: You and your Reniculus make your way to the waterfall, set to do some exploring. The trip there is pretty quick; you weren’t that far away from it after all. Being a tourist attraction, the area surrounding the waterfall is full of people, who have all come to see the serene view. The sounds of children playing with the local pokemon, tame due to the constant exposure to people, fill the air, making you smile. However the sounds suddenly; stop the immediate silence eerie. You look around and see that no one is moving, everyone is still as a rock. Everyone but you and Angelo, at least that is what you thought till you saw someone running down one of the mountain trails, a black cloak obscuring their body. Then the silence stops, the sounds of children playing filling the air again.

What was that? Did that person have anything to do with what just happened? You take a step and someone puts their hand on your shoulder. You spin around and see a hulking man standing there, wearing naught but a pair of blue overalls.

“Now where do you think you’re going?” he asked, his voice raspy.

His grip tightens, it doesn’t look like he is just going to let you go.

What will you do?
    OoC: Glad to be here!

stats

As the young boy walked along one of the trails he found he wasn't that far off from the famous Waterfalls that so many decided to visit. It being quite the tourist attraction the number of people in the vicinity were quite a lot, Ethan finding many children willingly playing with the Pokémon that inhabited the area, the guide had said that the Pokémon up here would be more accustomed to people that would travel here.

Walking past them Ethan smiled, thinking of the innocence a child had with Pokémon, many people could say that as kids they dreamed of being a breeder, trainer, possibly a nurse, of course there were some that dreamed bigger like becoming a gym leader or even a champion, but for Ethan he just wanted to be next to them, preferring the comfort of mystical creatures over other people.

"I remember as a child how much I wanted my first Pokémon," Ethan began to say getting the attention from his Reuniclus, "I would beg and pester my parents until they couldn't take it anymore. I was jealous of the other kids who had one, but it seemed luck was on my side. One day as I walked home from school it began pouring rain, I was so far from home and didn't have anything to cover me that I had to take shelter underneath a closed down shop with one of those umbrella like covers. It seemed I wasn't the only one with that idea however, as I saw a little brown bundle of joy trembling afraid of the water hiding underneath with me. I tried to approach it, but the Eevee just bared its teeth at me. I could tell it was trying to be strong, but its stomach gave it away, grumbling showing signs of hunger. So what I did was, I sat down and went through my backpack, pulling out a cookie I hadn't eaten at recess, laid it right in front of me, and waited to see what would happen. The Eevee came closer, from out of the shadows and into the light where I found the poor thing was dirty. It grabbed the cookie and ran back to its side, I smiled at it, wondering if it wanted more, every time it would grab the food and scurry back to its corner. I had almost given up that I could get it to follow me back home where I would hid and keep it, when a thundering sound resonated through the sky, startling both of us as we rushed toward each other and hugged each other from fright…for a long time I loved that Eevee…" Ethan said as Angelo could sense a suddenly change of emotion from happy to a bit of sadness, but didn't quite understand why. "I will always cherish her, even though she no longer is with me. It wasn't until I got home that I found out the Eevee was actually a gift from my father, that had escaped his grasp, funny how life works that way. But in all honesty if that had never happened to me I wouldn't know where I’d be right now. Probably wouldn't be a trainer, and I wouldn't have had a chance to meet you either, Reuniclus."

As Ethan finished his tale the boy noticed how silent it got, eerie silence that drowned out all human activity. He looked around and saw that everyone seemed to be frozen in time. Everyone but him and Angelo...what's going on he thought with his Reuniclus giving a questionable glance, why are we the only ones able to move?

The boy then looked down to the mountain trail and watched as a someone with a cloak obscuring their figure ran past soon disappearing from sight, the sounds of child playing filling the air once again.

He couldn't understand it, the sensation that he felt but somehow he felt drawn and before he could make chase, a strong hand pulled him back, spinning around the trainer found himself face to face with a hulking country looking fool with a harsh tone asking, "Now where do you think you’re going?" his grip tightening on the boy's shoulder.

He couldn't figure why anyone would stop him, Ethan had a bad habit of listening to authority, or anyone for the matter, who did this guy think he was?

"Unless I got any business with you," he said with clear confidence he could take this guy out if he had to, "Let me go or I'm going to have to make you." Placing his hand firmly on the other man's wanting nothing more to go after whoever it was he saw go down the mountain.
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 2nd September 2014 at 3:14 PM.

Rakurai: Both of your pokemon, unfortunately, inform you that they had no idea who had taken Kiba as they had been unconscious like you. Worried, you decide to follow the tracks of the thing that was headed out of the cave. After all, you haven’t come too far so logic follows that they couldn’t have gone too far… right? On the way back to the entrance you find yourself seeing things that you don’t quite remember seeing before. Like there was suddenly parts of now destroyed machinery just lying about, which were definitely not there before. And for that matter, you swear that the lights aren’t working as well. You glance over at the lights and confirm your suspicion. There are large lengths of the lights embedded into the wall that are now destroyed, and the dents left behind suggest that something very large destroyed them.

What on earth went this way? Continuing in the now darker path, more and more deserted machinery parts appearing, bright light fills your sight and you exit out of the mine. You survey the area, trying to see if the pokemon was there. Even if you have no idea what it actually looks like, you need to find it.

“Halt there!” a woman shouts out.

You look to your right and see a woman standing atop an excavator; wearing what can only be described as a Pikachu onesie. She jumps down and points her finger at you, a crazed look in her eyes.

“You have been judged unworthy of holding an almighty Electric, and as such you must pay!” she yells out.

Looks like she could be somewhat responsible for Kiba being taken, but at the same time, she doesn’t appear to be all there mentally, which means that she might not actually have anything to do with the incident.

What will you do?
    Katsura let out a sigh as his two Pokemon shook their heads in response to his question, not having a clue as to which way the thief had gone. "Well then... I guess we're heading back the way we came for now.", he murmured, not feeling terribly confident in his decision. With every moment that passed, he felt as though his chances of finding Kiba were getting smaller and smaller, and it was proving difficult for him to maintain his composure; his clenched teeth making that evident. Tia and Zelkova both looked rather guilty as they followed behind him, likely feeling partly responsible for the incident. "There's no need to be hard on yourselves.", Katsura said, having taken notice of them after a moment of walking. "None of us could've anticipated such a swift and sudden attack, and I get the impression we're probably not their first victims. Let's just stay focused and try our best not to get off-guard again, okay?" The Gible and Turtwig both nodded their heads affirmatively in response, looking determined to follow through with their agreement and rescue their lost friend as they picked up the pace.

As they headed back towards the entrance of the quarry, however, something wasn't right. There was now wreckage from the abandoned machinery strewn about, and some of the lights had been broken by something; something big, from the looks of the damage they had sustained. "Just what in the world happened here? Could one of those Pokemon who attacked us have done this?", Katsura wondered to himself, beginning to look about frantically, half-expecting another ambush. His Pokemon, too, could tell something was amiss, as they drew closer to him protective. However, no ambush came, and before long, they could see the light of the outdoors, though the sight made Katsura more worried then relieved, as it gave him the impression that whatever Pokemon they had been tailing had gotten outside, as he had feared. He stepped outside, and quickly began to survey the surroundings in hopes of catching a glimpse of his attacker, but before he did, a sudden shout of "Halt!" startled him, and directed his attention toward a nearby excavator.

Atop it stood a very unusually dressed woman, her outfit bearing a distinctly Pikachu themed design, which Katsura couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at. She leaped down and pointed at him, before yelling at him: “You have been judged unworthy of holding an almighty Electric, and as such you must pay!”. Her words immediately spurred Tia and Zelkova into action, the two of them taking a position between their trainer and her, clearly having perceived what she had said as a threat. "The heck is she going on about? Judged? Almighty Electric?", Katsura wondered, it taking a moment before the significance of her statement set in. He reasoned that the previous attack and thievery had been the judgment she spoke of, and the "almighty Electric" certainly had to have been Kiba, but the reason for it all happening still completely eluded him. If her words and manner of dress were anything to go by, she seemed as though she might be some manner of cultist, though he couldn't be certain until he got some more out of her.

"Pay? Why do I have to pay for anything? Isn't it punishment enough that my Pokemon was stolen from me?!", Katsura exclaimed, making his irritation at the whole situation very clear. "If you're the one who's responsible for what's happened, YOU'RE the one who's going to pay! I'm not leaving this place until I get Kiba back!". Tia echoed his feelings with a loud cry of "Gible!", while Zelkova simply glared at the woman, still smiling, yet somehow managing to look dead serious about the whole matter at the same time. They were ready to battle if it came down to it, and none of them had any intention of being blindsided a second time, keeping themselves aware of their surroundings in the event the Pokemon they had been pursuing belonged to the one antagonizing them...

Treepandaone: The man just stands there as you lay out your credentials, the corners of his lips starting to turn upwards as you finish before bursting out into laughter, Magmortar joining in.

“Ah is that so?” the man once he stops laughing, his face flushed red, “Please keep telling me about how you fought in a war when you were only 15. Next thing you’re gonna tell me is that you are a decorated war hero or something. Try and pull the other one next time. Now be on your way.”

He begins to laugh again and pats your back in a faux sympathetic fashion. However the laughing soon stops when he realises that you aren’t planning on going anywhere. His eyes narrow, watching you as your hand lowers to release your Rhyperior. Unfortunately, your hand doesn’t get there. Just before your hand clamps down on his ball, something crashes into your back. Before you can even react, something cold and metallic is placed around your wrists, probably handcuffs.

“I told you that you should turn around and go elsewhere,” said the man, leaning down into your face. “But you didn’t listen. What a shame. Well, what can you do?”

Wait… what about Krem? Maybe he could do something? THUMP! Something heavy lands next to you, and you see that it’s your Cloyster, now bound in some sort of material that was holding his shell shut. Someone, or something, grabs a hold of your ankles and starts to drag you, face down, away, the Magmortar carrying Krem. A door is opened, the loud hollow sound signifying that it’s made of metal, and you are thrown into what could only be a called a small room if you were being generous, Krem thrown in beside you. The door closes, and so does any last trace of light. Crap. You appear to be stuck in a essentially a small metal box with Krem, your hands stuck in a position where they can’t get to any of your PokeBalls.

What will you do?
    Damn It

Hi bluff had been called by the security guard, the false pretense of early admission and patriotism clearly did nothing to get him by. And what's more Matthew had embarrassed himself, his quotes of toughness so cringe-worthy they could only have spawned from the lack of sleep, evening of drinking and playing too much Mass Effect 3 at his base. This was the real world, and renegade interrupts don't matter when you're not Commander Shepard. He had thought himself bigger, and the cold sobering cage he now found himself trapped in woke him from his daze.

And yet Matthew still maintained the feeling something was off about this border patrol; the quickening stare of the military personnel when he mentioned Rhyperior; the abrupt turn to shackles and prisons when he knew the army was all paperwork and prevention. Matthew got the sense that this man, whomever he was and whichever side he was on, was not being truthful.

He could admit a side of bias, he felt hurt by the laughter and mockery he had just been a subject to, not only by him but the Magmortar too. It's not often one is laughed at by Pokémon, the sarcastic pats on the back not lessening the blow.

The matter of hand, however, was that he and Krem were now stuck in a metal box no larger than a standard metal room, Krem's shell being forced shut and his arms being bound by handcuffs. He weighed his options carefully; perhaps what he needed was this time to cool down, to reflect on his actions and to calm his ever-inflating ego. If this was actual military, Matthew reasoned they'd have to let him out sooner or later, and the time meditating would do wonders for his esteem.

But maybe that in itself was the lesson, he could reflect and work on dialogue, his weakest aspect, at a later date. Matthew also reasoned that if this was a fake, a criminal organization set up to look like military in order to dissuade people away from their target, the vast amount of potential wealth, they would have no reason to let him free. Hell they could let him die in here, no air, no food, no water, no escape.

… Or perhaps there was?

“Krem”, he communicated via psychic link to make sure his captors didn't hear him, “Try to Teleport out of that shackle they've got you in and onto the floor on the opposite side of the room. You might be able to teleport without the clamp and free yourself from it. Try and unlock my handcuffs or break the chain with your shell. An Aurora Beam might make the metal brittle enough to break with a Hyper Beam

Matthew pondered on just how much respect he was losing from the Cloyster. The Pokémon had arrived in his company cold and calculated and his rash actions had seen the both of them imprisoned. Perhaps he could win some back by getting out, or by his “creative” maneuvers. Perhaps he would never win Krem's respect. Only time would tell.

Missingno. Master: You give your Pokémon, which includes your newly evolved Nidoking, their orders before they leap into action. Hermione is the first to act, blowing a Firestream out of her mouth. The fire catches several of the Magnemite that were being weighed down by the chocolate, its weakness being exploited. While it isn’t enough to defeat them, it does weaken them plenty. Godric is next to act, firing off a Supersonic. Due to the sheer fact that he is larger than Hermione, Godric’s attack hits more of the magnet Pokémon, the noise causing about half of them to become confused.

With the confused Magnemite ramming into each other, due to the confusion, the other Magnemite decide to coordinate their attacks. They begin to spark before firing off a combined Thunderbolt… straight for Hermione! The electric attack slammed into the ground, and presumably Hermione, throwing up dust as it did so. You stare in horror as the dust settles down, before seeing a small gingerbread Weedle limping away. Huzzah! She managed to dodge some of the attack, but unfortunately she still took some damage from it. Godric lets out a roar as he charges forward, his body glowing white. He slams into several of the Magnemite, the accumulated attacks knocking several of them out. Godric jumps back only to be suddenly blinded as several Magnemite Flash him.

Several of the Magnemite have been knocked out, but there are still plenty to go. Hermione has taken some damage and is currently a gingerbread version of herself and Godric has been blinded.

What will you do?

Bless the Metal: You put your hand on the other man’s shoulder; all you wanted to do was go after whoever it was that ran down the mountain. But it turns out that maybe you should have done that, as evidenced by the fact that man’s nostrils have begun to flare and his grip has tightened on your shoulder.

“I don’t think that you’ll be going anywhere,” he said, grabbing your arm with his other hand.

He seems pretty serious, as evidenced by him tightening his grip yet again. He begins to walk, dragging you behind him. You try to fight his grip, but holy cow he is way stronger than he looks, there is no way that you will get out of his grip. At least that’s what you think, as he suddenly lets go of you and falls to the ground, a fairly large dart now poking out his neck. What was going on?”

“Hey you,” someone whispers, but you can’t tell from there, “You need to come with us, otherwise bad things are going to happen.”

You look around, but can’t see anybody. Was there someone there, or were you just going crazy? Your question was answered when a young man blipped into existence right beside you. Wearing a pair of green pants and a green shirt, the man looks right at you.

“Please, you need to come with me, we can keep you safe?”

What will you do?

Rakurai: The woman lets out a cackle, throwing her arms up into the air, giving some very strong evidence that she was definitely not all there mentally.

“No, young one, I’m not the one responsible for your pokemon being taken! You are the one responsible!” She lets out another cackle. “You are not one with the eternal Spark! As such you are not worthy of keeping your pokemon!”

And there she goes, once again deeming you not worthy, and her raving doesn’t seem to actually give any form of proof of her mental stability. She advances towards you, waving her arms, before, yet again, she starts yelling.

“The eternal Spark is what guides us all! It is within all the electric types and it is what determines whether a person is worthy to be friends with one! And you have not been deemed worthy!”

She lets out a deep laugh before she points at you, her eyes locked in a cold stare. This was starting to get a bit freaky. She stops about a meter in front of you and claps her hands. And then the ground starting rumbling, and a pair of orbs burst up from the ground. Voltorb and Electrode, the pair of electric types between you and the woman.

“And now you must pay the full price for not being deemed worthy!” roared the woman.

The spherical pokemon edge forward, clearly they are looking for a fight.

What will you do?

Treepandaone: Giving Krem his orders, the Cloyster Teleports, the noise of the clamps hitting the ground letting you know that he is now free from his restraints. Already bracing yourself for the next set of orders that you gave, you aren’t ready for the Aurora Beam that hits your handcuffs, turning them ice cold. Biting down on your cheek to keep yourself from yelling out in pain, the room suddenly lights up as Krem prepares the Hyper Beam. As it turns out that may have not been the best of moves to order, which you realise the moment Krem lets it go.

KABOOM!

You are thrown into the wall of the room, which holds you in place for all of 2 seconds before the walls are blown away by the force of the explosion. A loud ringing in your ears, you hit the ground, the wind pushed out of your lungs. Weakly picking yourself up, which was a blessing considering that you had just been thrown by an explosion, you look around for Krem. A quick survey of the area reveals that he calmly sitting in the remains of the box that you had been in, a little tired looking, but not harmed at all. You also take the time to see where you actually are. By the looks of it, you are in the middle of a forest, and it doesn’t look like there’s anyone around.

“What was that?” someone called out.

“I don’t know, you and check it out,” someone else, who sounded like the man from before, said.

Crap, by the sounds of it, looks like you weren’t going to be alone for too much longer.

What will you do?

Missingno. Master: You give your Pokémon, which includes your newly evolved Nidoking, their orders before they leap into action. Hermione is the first to act, blowing a Firestream out of her mouth. The fire catches several of the Magnemite that were being weighed down by the chocolate, its weakness being exploited. While it isn’t enough to defeat them, it does weaken them plenty. Godric is next to act, firing off a Supersonic. Due to the sheer fact that he is larger than Hermione, Godric’s attack hits more of the magnet Pokémon, the noise causing about half of them to become confused.

With the confused Magnemite ramming into each other, due to the confusion, the other Magnemite decide to coordinate their attacks. They begin to spark before firing off a combined Thunderbolt… straight for Hermione! The electric attack slammed into the ground, and presumably Hermione, throwing up dust as it did so. You stare in horror as the dust settles down, before seeing a small gingerbread Weedle limping away. Huzzah! She managed to dodge some of the attack, but unfortunately she still took some damage from it. Godric lets out a roar as he charges forward, his body glowing white. He slams into several of the Magnemite, the accumulated attacks knocking several of them out. Godric jumps back only to be suddenly blinded as several Magnemite Flash him.

Several of the Magnemite have been knocked out, but there are still plenty to go. Hermione has taken some damage and is currently a gingerbread version of herself and Godric has been blinded.

What will you do?
    Godric and Hermione leapt into action, the latter being the first to act. She launched a powerful Firestream attack, greatly weakening several of the Magnemite with the jet of molten bubbles. Keith grinned at this, just as Godric launched Supersonic, confusing about half the Magnemite. The confused Electric/Steel-types started ramming into each other, but Keith didn't have time to focus on that- he was a bit more concerned with the other half of the horde, the Magnemite who were currently firing off Thunderbolt attacks- right at Hermione! "Hermione, look out!" Keith exclaimed, but it seemed to be too late- the attack blasted into the ground, throwing up dust, and Keith could only watch in horror as the dust started to settle- and then, he could see a small gingerbread Weedle limping away. Keith sighed in relief- it seems that Hermione had only taken part of the attack, managing to evade a good portion of it using Can't Catch Me.

At that moment, Keith's Nidoking roared loudly and charged, striking a few Magnemite with Drill Run, and knocking some of them out. However, as he jumped back, several of the still-conscious Magnemite unleashed Flash, blinding the Drill Pokémon. "Oh, damn," Keith muttered.

Once the Magnemite stopped Flash, Keith took a moment to assess the situation- Godric hadn't taken damage yet, but the combined Flash attacks had blinded him. There was no telling for how long he was going to be blind, either. Hermione, on the other hand, had taken some damage, and was currently a miniature gingerbread version of herself. The battle was far from over, Keith knew, and he also had to find a way to work around Godric's temporary blindness.

"Godric, Focus Energy!" Keith commanded. "Then hit one of them with Rock Smash! And if you still can't see them, then listen for them instead. Hermione," he added, turning to the tiny gingerbread Weedle. "Use Firestream again, just like last time! Then pick a target and stick it with a Gummi Bomb!" And now, all he could do was wait. Wait, and see whether things would pan out the way he was hoping they would.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Treepandaone: Giving Krem his orders, the Cloyster Teleports, the noise of the clamps hitting the ground letting you know that he is now free from his restraints. Already bracing yourself for the next set of orders that you gave, you aren’t ready for the Aurora Beam that hits your handcuffs, turning them ice cold. Biting down on your cheek to keep yourself from yelling out in pain, the room suddenly lights up as Krem prepares the Hyper Beam. As it turns out that may have not been the best of moves to order, which you realise the moment Krem lets it go.

KABOOM!

You are thrown into the wall of the room, which holds you in place for all of 2 seconds before the walls are blown away by the force of the explosion. A loud ringing in your ears, you hit the ground, the wind pushed out of your lungs. Weakly picking yourself up, which was a blessing considering that you had just been thrown by an explosion, you look around for Krem. A quick survey of the area reveals that he calmly sitting in the remains of the box that you had been in, a little tired looking, but not harmed at all. You also take the time to see where you actually are. By the looks of it, you are in the middle of a forest, and it doesn’t look like there’s anyone around.

“What was that?” someone called out.

“I don’t know, you and check it out,” someone else, who sounded like the man from before, said.

Crap, by the sounds of it, looks like you weren’t going to be alone for too much longer.

What will you do?
    Matthew Brown, trapped in handcuffs in a metal prison, found himself with a few moments of respite; of self-reflection; of realization. Taking some time, he looked back on previous adventures before finding a similarity. Every adventure ended up with him in some kind of trap. He laughed as the reminiscing shone a golden light, the mystery of nostalgia working its magic again. It was still a valid point, in the Ancient Tomb of the Arcane Realm he stupidly swiped a treasure belonging to a king and fell into a hole with two other criminals. In the Cloud Garden's Rainbow Path he summoned the legendary Jirachi before a trainer he thought was his friend stole it from under his nose. In Sobek, Talas he found himself a catalyst that set a old tyrant free. In the safari he bit off more than he could chew and almost got his Pokémon killed by the alpha male Pinsir. And now his ego, his foolishness had him locked in a cage because instead of turning round he decided to play macho-man with a security guard and lost. Handily.

His actions were the problem at every turn, such recklessness and inability to see more than one step ahead had him trapped into submission, a proverbial fish falling onto the hook at every turn. Even when luck and prevality threw him back into the ocean he continued to bite on the tasty worm, only to be surprised at gasping for air when he was pulled from his environment.

A clang removed him from his thoughts and signified that the first part of Matthew's plan had succeeded, tripling up to provided a ray of hope to the trainer as he found himself relieved the Bivalve Pokémon still followed his orders and not lost all sense of respect. He made a promise to himself to become better, grow from the experience he had already encountered and use them to his advantage. The logic was laid out before him, and his self-worth depended on him looking at the path rather than jumping in with his head down, focused on a singularity. The big picture needed to become his home.

“Wait a minute” he thought to himself, noting all the poor decisions he had made “Did I just say use your attacks on the prison walls or did I just continue my train of thought about the handcuffs?”

Multiple blasts of pain told him he did not as the aurora beam lit up his restraints. Had he been expecting the order the pain level would have been had to handle, but without this was near-unbearable. It was hard to justify why he had not thought more long-term and actually given his orders without mistake, and he was paying for it now. He didn't know if Cloyster had heard his internal monologue or not, its psychic ability certainly gave it the ability to but that might have been lost for a period during the teleport. If it did, perhaps this was payback and a lesson in frivolity by the psychic-type, an expectation of improvement on the trainer's part and a reminder not to be so stupid again.

The room light up with the bright yellow light of the Hyper Beam attack as Matthew regretted everything. Had the ice not shocked him from speaking he might have been able to call off the attack, but if his inclinations were right about Cloyster attacking anyway that might not have mattered.

A loud ringing in his ears encompassed his being as the pressure in his chest fully began to take hold, only giving after two of the longest seconds of his life. Each millisecond seemed a century, fearing his chest would cave in under such a heavy attack. Instead, the wall of the prison seemed to have given, and Matthew looked up to find a forest. Taking one of his now-free hands he managed to scratch the inside of his ear, patting like a cartoon character wanting to get rid of water.

As sound returned to the trainer, Matthew looked across to a tired looking Cloyster perched in the remains of the box. Counting his blessings he was only battered and bruised and didn't have a hyper beam-sized hole through his heart, Matthew crouched as he heard voices promising to check out what he had just done.

“I'm going to return you to your Pokéball to recover, that hyper beam will have left you needing to recharge” he explained to Krem, covering it in a blanket of red light as it was sucked back into the silver premier ball it was housed in.

Looking around, Matthew sought shelter of any kind. Perhaps he could run away in any direction, but that would leave him in the middle of no-where, not knowing his surroundings and away from whoever trapped him. Whatever the cost he wanted to find out what the hell was going on, and maybe repay that S.O.B for trapping him. Matthew looked for the nearest bush large enough or tree with enough foliage to hide him and dove into making himself as invisible as possible, as quietly as he could manage.
    Last edited by Treepandaone; 24th March 2014 at 8:07 AM.

Bless the Metal: You put your hand on the other man’s shoulder; all you wanted to do was go after whoever it was that ran down the mountain. But it turns out that maybe you should have done that, as evidenced by the fact that man’s nostrils have begun to flare and his grip has tightened on your shoulder.

“I don’t think that you’ll be going anywhere,” he said, grabbing your arm with his other hand.

He seems pretty serious, as evidenced by him tightening his grip yet again. He begins to walk, dragging you behind him. You try to fight his grip, but holy cow he is way stronger than he looks, there is no way that you will get out of his grip. At least that’s what you think, as he suddenly lets go of you and falls to the ground, a fairly large dart now poking out his neck. What was going on?”

“Hey you,” someone whispers, but you can’t tell from there, “You need to come with us, otherwise bad things are going to happen.”

You look around, but can’t see anybody. Was there someone there, or were you just going crazy? Your question was answered when a young man blipped into existence right beside you. Wearing a pair of green pants and a green shirt, the man looks right at you.

“Please, you need to come with me, we can keep you safe?”

What will you do?
    With the other man’s grip tightening on Ethan's shoulder and his nostrils flaring, Ethan started thinking that maybe making a break for it would have been a wiser decision…

"I don’t think that you’ll be going anywhere," the man grunted and in a flash had managed to grab hold of Ethan’s arm, "Hey! what right do you got to- Hey! Let go!" and in all cartoon fashion began dragging Ethan behind him.

Ethan cried out to his Pokémon, "Angelo don't just float there!, do something!" he pleaded but Angelo just followed along until the boy was let go of and dropped like a sack of floor on the ground thud.

Discovering that the hulking man was now lying flat on the ground, "Angelo…did you just-" but before the young man could finish his sentence he noticed a large dart sticking out of the other man’s neck.

What the hell? Ethan thought before he heard a voice coming from around his surroundings, "Hey you!" but he couldn’t quite pinpoint from where, "You need to come with us, otherwise bad things are going to happen."

Ethan looked all around but still, he couldn’t see where the voice was originating from, Am I going crazy? "Come out whoever you are!" his question was soon answered when a young man wearing a pair of green pants and a green shirt appeared right before him from out of nowhere, surprising the young trainer a bit, he looked right at Ethan spouting something about, "Please, you need to come with me, we can keep you safe?"

"Keep me safe? From what?" the young trainer retorted, "You say it like it’s a question. Who are you and what going on here?" he asked before looking back at where the cloaked person ran down the trail, there was a good chance that even if he went after whoever that was, they were long gone. He looked back, "What do you mean bad things are going to happen?" before getting a closer look at the individual, "Didn't anyone tell you Saint Patrick’s Day was last week."

Rakurai: The woman lets out a cackle, throwing her arms up into the air, giving some very strong evidence that she was definitely not all there mentally.

“No, young one, I’m not the one responsible for your pokemon being taken! You are the one responsible!” She lets out another cackle. “You are not one with the eternal Spark! As such you are not worthy of keeping your pokemon!”

And there she goes, once again deeming you not worthy, and her raving doesn’t seem to actually give any form of proof of her mental stability. She advances towards you, waving her arms, before, yet again, she starts yelling.

“The eternal Spark is what guides us all! It is within all the electric types and it is what determines whether a person is worthy to be friends with one! And you have not been deemed worthy!”

She lets out a deep laugh before she points at you, her eyes locked in a cold stare. This was starting to get a bit freaky. She stops about a meter in front of you and claps her hands. And then the ground starting rumbling, and a pair of orbs burst up from the ground. Voltorb and Electrode, the pair of electric types between you and the woman.

“And now you must pay the full price for not being deemed worthy!” roared the woman.

The spherical pokemon edge forward, clearly they are looking for a fight.

What will you do?
    Though he already had doubts about her sanity initially, Katsura felt wholly convinced that the lady standing before him had more then a few screws lose after the retort she had given him, and her further claims of him being "unworthy" of owning Kiba were getting on his nerves. He normally would've welcomed the chance to put someone with such a high and mighty attitude in their place through a Pokemon battle, but the fact that there were more pressing concerns at hand made it feel like more of an annoyance. With her Electrode and Voltorb edging towards him, she seemed to fully intend to make good on her threat of punishing him, though Tia and Zelkova weren't going have any of that, which they both made clear with the intense glare they were aiming at their adversaries as they stood ready to defend him.

"Tia, you handle that Electrode! Try and entrap it within Sand Tomb, then hit it with Dragon Rage and Dragon Claw!", Katsura quickly commanded. "Zelkova, bolster yourself with Curse before giving that Voltorb your Bullet Seed and Seed Bomb!", he continued, both of his Pokemon acknowledging him with a cry before springing into action.

As his Pokemon carried out his orders, though, he addressed the maniacal woman with irritation in his tone: "I don't know what the heck this Eternal Spark you're talking about is and I could care less if it thinks I'm unworthy. The only one who needs to decide whether a Pokemon has the right to be owned by a trainer is the Pokemon itself."

He had no doubts that Kiba viewed him as worthy. He had raised him from the very beginning after all, and he would let nothing stand in the way of being reunited with his dearest companion...

Last edited by Rakurai; 27th March 2014 at 11:21 PM.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021