Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Lighthouse::

Marion Ette: A part of you knew the great danger you were getting yourself into, and moreso did August who got more and more anxious with each passing second, whereas Sangre... well, he was just too busy dreaming of the beautiful slaughter of many an adorable Buneary and Skitty, and of course of the delectable resulting bloodfest that came from that.

As you back up the Haunter's words, he seems to be very delighted by your response, nodding eagerly in agreement throughout. "Excellent! Yes, yes, you do understand!" He laughed out loud. "I can't wait to start playing then. Do not worry, the rules are very simple, there won't be much chance to cheat even if you intend to. Are you familiar with role-playing games? It's easy; you will be assuming the identity of another persona, and making decisions in her place. In this particular session, you will play the role of a priestess, summoned to this very lightouse to purge it from the evil that haunts it. Whether you succeed or not depends on the kind of decisions that you make, and in the process you will undoubtedly learn many, many things, and so will I. The decisions that we make throughout our existance also helps shape our identities, and so can one learn a lot from another based on what kind of actions they do, don't you agree? Sounds very fun and exciting so far, yes? Now there is one little problem however." He turns his gaze to August. "You see, I can only accept one player, and I'm afraid they will have to go." August practically roars in protest, all alarms ringing in her head. "She would be right, of course," he continued, "it would indeed be very foolish to trust a deciever like me, to be honest, but alas, this condition is absolutely necessary to proceed. What you choose to do now will say a lot about you. Are you willing to do without your safety net? Know that there is a lot in stake for me too. I'm ready to face the consequences, and you... you aren't afraid of death, are you?"

With great risk comes great reward, they say, and this definitely sounds like it's far beyond your average role-playing game.

What will you do?
    As August roars at the Haunter (likely saying a few choice words in dragon language about his mother), Marion seems deep in thought. "A dream within a dream..." she muses. Indeed, Marion never could fully shake the feeling that she had always been part of a game herself. A game within a game. What really grabbed Marion's attention, though, was the role she would play; certainly, were she to roll her own character, it would not be the role she'd necessarily pick for herself. "Evil" to her was such a subjective term, and priestess-types tended to be obsessed with the idea of "good" and "holy," while Marion always saw herself as more of a chaotic neutral character, not following anyone or anything but herself and her own path. Besides, Marion preferred wizards. With their strange powers, plentiful spellbooks and arcane knowledge, Marion seemed more the type to be conjuring illusions and hurling lightningbolts. Indeed, Marion was obsessed with knowledge and the incredible power that came with it, and she needed Haunter's knowledge in order to help the spirits of the lighthouse. Having intimately felt their anger and sadness, she knew that she would not wish those emotions on anyone, and if it meant becoming a priestess and purifying the lighthouse, she would do it. Maybe she was more compassionate than she gave herself credit for. Perhaps that was the first lesson...

Marion immediately recalls Sangre, seeming deep in thought as she performs the action. August lets out a low growl, as if trying to warn Marion that what she is doing is completely unwise. Clipping the Friend Ball back to her belt, Marion turns to her loyal companion, and approaches her; she pats August gently on the nose, and a little tear escapes August's left eye. August knows that she can't prevent Marion from doing what she believes is right, but she fears greatly for her trainer's safety. The Haunter himself admitted that the risk would be great, and death was a potential consequence. Marion embraces August, and whispers in her ear: "If anything happens, tell Minerva I loved her. You know that I love all of you." August nods, trying to keep a stiff upper lip, and desperately attempting to hold back the urge to attack the Haunter or somehow prevent Marion from engaging in this utter recklessness. Marion frees one of her hands from the embrace and pulls out August's Pokeball, returning the Dragon-type to the confines of her ball; Marion is still embracing the red light as it pulls August into the Pokeball, which ultimately leaves Marion embracing nothing at all.

Clipping August's Pokeball back onto her belt, she takes a deep breath before facing Haunter. "I know that I am foolish," she says, her voice plain and direct. "I have been told so before. Even so, I know that what has gone on here has caused pain and suffering for so many souls, and I seek to bring these tired souls comfort and rest. I will take on the role you have described, and I hope you are right. I hope that we will both learn a great deal from each other." She grins darkly. "I'm willing to put my life on the line for that knowledge."
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 9th May 2012 at 6:21 PM.

[FB || PASBL]

::Crater Lake::

jolteonjak: Caught by surprise by a pair of Wooper, you wonder just why would they do this to you as you run to Heracross's aid, the Bug-type looking as pissed as anyone would after being caught offguard like that. You were hesitant to strike back however, as you thoughts turned to the massive Quagsire back at the lodge. That was certainly a Pokémon you didn't want to mess with, and if these Wooper were related to it, then this could mean some greater trouble ahead.

Taking your dictionary out again, you try to reason with them in a language you think they might understand, but as you see one Wooper laugh out loud at you while the other just comments to his friend with a supressed giggle, it is made very clear that they were not taking you seriously. Pretty sure that this would turn into a fight, you issue combat orders to your Pokémon, and both of them nod in understanding as they get ready for action; Heracross in particular looking eager to get back at the fishy duo. The Wooper take the initiative however, as they quickly nod to each other before simultaneously squirting a Water Gun towards your Pokémon; Heracross enduring the attack pretty well as his body glows and hardens like Iron, drastically boosting his Defense in the process; Cyndaquil, on the other hand, was not taking the super-effective hit nearly as well as you hear him squeal in pain.

The Wooper seemed to be getting great enjoyment from this, but their expressions change completely all of a sudden as they find themselves being given a terrifying Leer from the irate Heracross; the horned beetle charging to one fo the Wooper, hovering at high speed with a might Horn Attack while the recovering Cyndaquil counters with his Extrasensory, the golden beam of psychic energy sending the other Wooper into a sensory overdrive while his friend is sent flying a few feet back from the impact of the Bug-type's flying headbutt.

Quickly getting back to their feet, the Wooper spring back to action, targeting what was literally the biggest threat to them as they both fire their Water Guns at Heracross's feet, the combined attack forcing him once again to loose his balance as he face-plants down into the now muddy ground underneath. They wouldn't get to celebrate much however, as one of them finds itself victim of Cyndaquil's Hidden Power, the various orbs of grass energy bursting into the mud-fish for some serious damage, and making it very clear to them that it was the Fire-type who they should truly watch out for.

Avenging his friend, the other Wooper retaliates with yet another Water Gun which Cyndaquil barely manages to side-step in time. He isn't quite nimble for the other one as he finds himself taking a final Water Gun full-on from the wounded Wooper, who looks quite happy after exacting his just revenge.

Things were looking kinda even for now. The Wooper seemed to know how to work roughly as a team, though overall their side was looking in worse conditions, the Hidden Power having taken a lot from one of them. The battle had only just started though, and whether you would face the wrath of Quagsire sooner or later, you could only hope you could avoid altogether.

What will you do?

Chad's stroll around the lake wasn't going exactly as planned. For starters, his Heracross was nervous around him, and he seemed to be afraid of Cyndaquil. Now, he was faced with a battle against two scheming Wooper, who had started it all by knocking Heracross on his back. While the thought of a rampaging giant Quagsire constantly weighed on Chad's mind, he also knew he didn't want Heracross's pride to be hurt. He tried reasoning with the pair in Spanish, since he found Quagsire knew it; but that proved unsuccessful.

After a round of attacks, the four Pokemon appeared to be on even ground. The Wooper quickly realized that Cyndaquil's Hidden Power was more effective than they thought, so they seem to be focusing attacks on him. This was troubling to Chad, as Wooper's Water and Ground typing are both super effective against Cyndaquil. Chad ran over to Heracross, who had once again been knocked his feet by the Wooper, and helped him back on his feet. Heracross immediately pulled away from Chad, itching to get back into the fray.

Chad assessed the situation. Cyndaquil's Hidden Power was found to be incredibly powerful against the water fish. 'I can't just keep using Hidden Power,' he thought to himself. 'They'll figure out a way to dodge the attack. Let's see.' Chad thought for a quick moment.

"Ok, nice job so far guys. I want both of you to Leer at both Wooper. Show these two we mean business," he ordered. "Cyndaquil, keep your flame extinguished. That should lessen damage you receive from Water attacks you are unable to dodge. Plus your fire won't help much here," he glared at the Wooper. "Next, I want you to send out a Smokescreen to the Wooper. Heracross, launch a Stone Edge through the smokescreen. Cyndaquil, once Heracross is done I want you to use Hidden Power again and finally hide behind Heracross. And Heracross, use Iron Defense again." Chad grinned. He was hopeful these orders would be successful. "Oh I hope Pedro doesn't find out about this," he muttered quietly.

Stats

::Pieli Harbour::

MarbleZone: Deprived of the ice creamy goodness, you start walking away in dissapointment. First the incident at Glacier Islands and now this; it was as if misfortune followed wherever you went, and Minccino, well, it would be hard to convince her that this particular incident wasn't related to you in one way or another. Taking barely a few steps however you find yourself unable to leave altogether as your thoughts turned to the poor and unconsolable women and children who were left bereft of the dessert of their dreams. Your instinct told you something was very odd about all of this and you figured that if you could help out somehow, the possibility of free ice cream as a reward could very well amend things between yourself and your Pokémon.

Making way through the riotous crowd, you walk up to the employee, a task that required quite a bit of effort as you found yourself shoved and elbowed all the way. The man certainly seemed to have a handful as he tried to deal with the situation, but you still try to call out for his attention regardless. Though initially too overwhelmed to even listen to you, he eventually turns to you as you explain your intention to help out with whatever was the problem, making sure to stress the fact that you are an official Pokémon League trainer to give you some authority on the matter.

"A League trainer? Did the guild sent you here? Oh thank goodness, you guys work fast! Please meet me in the back in a minute." He said in relief. "My boss was gonna make a popsicle out of me if I didn't get this sorted out, phew! I would owe my life to you, man! Hey Jimmy! Cover me up, will ya?" He yelled to the back as he retreated in a hurry; another young employee taking his place to deal with the angry customers.

It seems something indeed had happened here, and apparently they had already called in for help. Whether you would be that help though, was up to you, though chances are there's another trainer in his way that may not enjoy you stealing his job.

What will you do?
    Well, I think it's safer not to mention that I've only just started travelling and haven't had a single Pokémon Battle in my life if I wanna net this chance... How hard can it be to fix whatever's wrong with a small ice cream shop?

Casually twirling a PokéBall in his fingers, Levin tried to look as calm as possible, as if he'd done this a million times.

- Seems you have quite the problem here, but I'll see to it that it gets solved. It is what we do, after all.

Levin thought back to when his father used to be absent from home for days even after his official journeys were long behind him; in truth, only specific Trainers who signed up for community service were called in case of Pokémon-related emergencies. His father had been one such Trainer, whose journey in his younger years wasn't exactly filled with success (as he failed to even reach Victory Road), but ended up making up for it much later with countless cases of social intervention - keeping order during wild Pokémon outbreaks, giving chase to Pokémon burglars (akin to the folk tales of Team Rocket), etc.

Levin, of course, hadn't signed up for Pokémon Community Service yet (nor could he, without any personal curriculum to speak of), and impersonating a Public Order League Trainer (POLT for short) was almost certainly a crime of some sort, he reckoned, but well... these guys didn't need to know the details. What happened to just being a nice guy who just wanted to help his fellow Man and getting some ice cream for his troubles?
    Besides, the women and children weren't leaving the shop entrance any time soon - in fact, it seemed the cries and complaints only gained in intensity as time went by. Either the younger clerk who was covering for this one was terrible at crowd control, or the ice cream was a much bigger attraction around these parts than Levin had imagined... And that certainly makes this a much more important mission than I thought at first. Sweet. If he handled this case fast enough, he could even high-tail it before any actual POLTs arrived on the scene.

He put on the most professional face that he could muster and extended a hand at the worried employee.
    - My name is Lev... Kevin Flanders. Now good man, let's hear your story.

::Laguna Lake::

treecko's awesomeness: Sure enough you were quite amazed as you stood on the border edge of Pirate Isle's Laguna Lake. Compared to the likes of Crater and Brumby, this was one of the smaller lakes within the Island, but it was very rich in life as it layed mostly untouched by man and surrouned by the peninsula's forest. Like its younger sister, Kakatua Lagoon, it too was separated from the ocean by a large reef of sand, and yet, unlike Kakatua, its fresh and clear waters were far less secluded and much deeper.

You wonder where to even begin exploring and you turn to your partner, Nav, for his opinion on the matter, the Treecko only shrugging in response as he found himself too busy splashing around the lake's bank. Looking around the area for anything that would help you make up your mind, you ultimately decide to simply start walking clockwise along the edge of the lake. Surely, it wouldn't matter too much which way you chose as the view would remain always just a viewtiful; the forest would sing just the same with the howls of the curious treetop Aipom and the chirps of the various bird Pokémon, and the water Pokémon would probably all hide beneath the safety of the surface throughout until properly incentivated. Yet, there was something therapeutical on the mere act of walking in this place, and that's all that mattered. There's a reason why people often come here to picnic. Things didn't remain so calm for long however as barely five minutes into your walk you suddenly hear a warning cry from above, and just as you turn to its source you see the figure of a Spearow, diving at top speed and barely grazing Nav who managed to duck to safety just in time. As you see Spearow gaining height and turning around towards you, it is made very clear that's it's still not done with you yet. Whether it attacked out of territorial behavior or whether it looked at your partner as food, this certainly isn't the most favorable matchup for you. Perhaps you shouldn't have taken the left?

What will you do?

TA sighed as he dug his toes into the sand. He looked at his partner walking beside him. Nav seemed to be enjoying this walk just as much as he was. Suddenly, the two of them flinched as they heard a piercing shriek. Nav jumped to the ground as a Spearow flew at him, claws raised.

"Nav!" TA said. "Are you okay?"

The Treecko nodded and glared at the violent bird Pokémon. Did they anger it by trespassing, or was it just hungry? Either way, they were going to have trouble.

“Spear!” It turned around and was about to swoop at TA. There was no guarantee that either of them could dodge another attack, and Nav was at a disadvantage, being a grass type and being grounded. They couldn’t outrun it, though, so they’d have to fight.

“Nav! Use Leer, then use Pound!” TA yelled. Lowering the Spearow’s defense would help, but he’d just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Treecko's Awesomeness; 17th May 2012 at 7:50 PM. Reason: grammar
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

Please click my dragon(s)!

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

[
    Central Plains
    [size=1]Mostly fertile farmland there's not much here for your average tourist or trainer although a few areas of interest do attract the more adventurous trainers. Electric Pokémon thrive out here and are often found roaming the fields. Better beware though, they're not all that fond of trainers getting too close to their young so take a wrong step and you may find yourself on the wrong end of a lightning bolt that hasn't come from the sky.

Thunder Plains: The Thunder Plains are consistently lashed with vicious thunderstorms making travel for unprepared trainers a dance with death if not adequately equipped. The ferocity of the lightning bolts literally crack the hardened stony ground with every strike, and a Pokémon designed for attracting lightning is a nigh-on requisite for travelling through the plains without being smote. Indeed, such are the conditions that only the hardiest Pokémon reside here, calling the plains home.

Haradion steped of the bus with great anticipation. He had come to the island, to journey to this specific part - where electric pokemon were in abundance. Before he could comment, the bus had shut its doors and pulled away, clearley keen to get away from the lightning storms. The driver had been surprised. His shuckle sat on his shoulder looking at the storm before him. Haradion stepped up the beech and madse his way to the steady glow which was the Lithogic river. Shuckle did not stay in his pokeball at times, although sometimes he would go there to sulk... Small chance of that today though.

"Well Shuckle, what do you think?" He asked Shuckle, the turtle like creatures looking from left to right, flinching slightly, when a crash of lightning struck the ground in the distance.

"Shuck... Shuckle Shuck..." He murmered. he was clearly unimpressed with the Island - or with the idea of ventureing into such hazadorus areas....

Impaitence overwhealmed Haradion, and snapped at Shuckle quickley.
    "Shuckle, were not here to make a holiday home, were here to train and build a team, remember? Don't you want to grow stronger? Besides your part rock type - Whats the problem with a little lightning?"

"Shuckle Shuck. Shuck Shu..."

Was all shuckle said in reply. Haradion smiled at the grumpy turtles reaction. "Your such a pesimist! Just imagine what new partners await? Maybe a Pikachu - or best of all a Shink! Lets go Shuckle!" And with that he made his way farther into the fields, keeping his eye out for any pokemon that may be a challenge.

::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

Mon1010: Things were turning for the dramatic now and your brain scrambles to quickly find a solution to the whole mess. Walking away was an option; you had just met them and you owed them nothing, but that would leave a bad after-taste in your mouth. The last thing you would want to happen however where for things to have a turn for the violent. Things like these only happened in poorly written soaps, didn't they? What should anyone do in this scenario?

Pulling out a Premier Ball from your pocket, you place your bets on your adorable partner, Angela, the young Togepi carefully looking around at her surroundings. She has had little experience with you so far; having only been pampered at daycares and beauty salons. Yet, you thought was enough for you as you need her not for her strength, but for her cute appeal, and boy, was she a charming one ideed! Gathering up enough courage, you stand up and and ask the brutish man just what his problem is all about while carrying your cute Pokémon with you, hoping their adorability would shield you from harm. What man worth his name would hurt another person carrying such cute Pokémon anyways? It would be like hitting a man with glasses or knocking off a handicapped person off his wheelchair; absolutely low and despicable.

Tony seems to ease up however, observing you with a bit of a confused face as your Pokémon work their magic, smiling and batting their eyes at him; Angela's Charm in particular doing a good job at disarming him and significantly lowering his Attack power. "Naw, not at all," he then said a tad amused, "right, Alice? I'm sorry baby, I didn't know he was that kind of friend." he supressed a chuckle. Whatever he meant by that, at least he didn't seem to see you as a threat.

"No, you know what? We do have a problem, Tony; you are the problem. It's always the same with you once you start drinking, and then even when you aren't!" she then exclaimed finally standing up.

"So you are replacing me," Tony replied, his voice getting rougher and his expression turning to that of annoyance again.

"You don't get it! This isn't about replacing you at all, it's about me having a real friggin social life again! Anthony-" she kept going but Tony wasn't really looking at her anymore, his gaze turning to you once again, and he looked pissed off. As he takes a step towards you, you almost flinch in anticipation of the inevitable fist to the face, but instead you see him pull out a Pokéball from his pants.

"You and me, now!" he said as his Pokéball enlarged in his hand. Whether he wanted to prove something or just take out his frustration with you, it was clear he wanted to challenge you to a Pokébattle. Certainly a better outcome than being involved in a fist-fight yourself, but why should you even accept a challenge from a jerk like him?

What will you do?
    Apparently the cutenesss of his Pokemon did the trick. He backed off of Scott and didn't seem to find him threatening. The trainer was releaved he wouldn't have to get beaten up. Then, Alice and Tony got into an argument. In a fit of jealously, Tony walked up to Scott and challenged him to a Pokemon battle.

Scott loved battles, and under normal circumstances, he would accept this challenge in a heartbeat. However, this guy was a jerk, and Scott knew plenty of jerks in his life, and they were sore losers and even sorer winners. Especially when they're drunk, as this guy most likely was. Battling him wouldn't prove a thing, and it wasn't worth the drama. Scott crossed his arms, and raised an eyebrow, "Uh, yeah no. It wouldn't be fair battling someone who's under the influence."

Shaana on the other hand was determined to battle. She got really close to Tony's face, and with a determined look in her eyes, said something in Pokemon language that none of the humans could understand. (Angela seemed to understand though. She gasped in shock by the Munna's boldness.) Judging by the tone of her voice though, she meant business.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 10th May 2012 at 10:03 PM.

::Raikou's Effigy::

Nightfall715: You weren't one to be taking any chances with strangers like these, and instead you choose to take the initiative and strike first, fierce and fast. You quickly ask your newly met acquiantance if he had any Pokémon of his own, and he still seemed to be processing the whole situation as you immediately move on to command the fiery pup, who wastes not a second as he starts intensely breathing out a hellish vortex of flame, if at least as "hellish" as the young Houndour could muster, his Fire Spin trapping one of the Bidoof within which squeals in surprise and terror.

"She's insane!" exclaimed one, as he saw the surroundings starting to catch on fire from Lucifer's attack. A flame tornado within a forest could only spell trouble.

"They can't be of the WICS! Bieber, stop that thing! Stop it now!" the other one commanded, and his Bidoof obeyed as it started rushing towards Lucifer, attempting to knock it down with its Tackle. Lucifer grunts as he's pushed back a bit by the gutsy Bidoof, and he then turns his attention towards it, breathing another Fire Spin all over it; the Bidoof breaking through flames and scorching its fur in the process as it rams against the Dark-type with another Tackle.

"You've gotta be kidding me... Damn it, Mimi, we need your help!" says your shaggy comanion as he releases his own Pokémon unto the field, a small Panpour who springs to action right away, attempting to prevent the start of a massive forest fire, dousing the area with its Water Sport in a desperate attempt to cool off the place. It seems to work as the fire tornadoes start dying off, much to the Bidoof's relief.

"Geez... Ok listen, I know your Pokémon just went running on you and all, but try to focus for a bit and not burn the whole forest, alright? We'll sort things out later," he turned to you. "Alright Mimi, let's get it going and show these men what your Water Gun is all about!" he then commanded to his partner.

With the inevitable battle underway, and a forest fire under control for now, you're fortunately getting some aid from the still unknown man. He seems more concerned about keeping the environment safe than to win the battle, but at least you're not on your own against these shady looking men. It wasn't quite over yet though.

What will you do?
    "Bieber, stop that thing!"? GENIUS!

Lucifer immedily sprouted a Fire Spin The size of a small tree, and envoloped the bidoof in flames. What she didn't know was that she started a forest fire.

"She's insane!" Yelled one of the burly man.

Insane, am I? WELL, EAT MY DUST! Fiona thought with rage.

"They can't be of the WICS! Bieber, stop that thing! Stop it now!" The other burly man commanded as another Fire Spin hit a Bidoof. This time the bidoof hit Lucifer twice with tackle.

"Geez... Ok listen, I know your Pokémon just went running on you and all, but try to focus for a bit and not burn the whole forest, alright? We'll sort things out later," Your companion muttered. "Alright Mimi, let's get it going and show these men what your Water Gun is all about!"
    The man threw his pokeball, and a Panpour appeared before Fionas eyes. Then she saw a water sport, maintaining the fire.

"Listen, dude, if your water gun is what its all about, then hit the *%#$ bidoof with it!" Fiona screamed.

At least it was now 2-on-2, not 1-on-2 she thought.

"Erm, sorry 'bout that...I get a bit too hotheaded at times." Fiona said apologetically. Lucifer growled. She nodded. Getting a forest fire started wasn't the best of ideas...

"Luce, Howl and then Tackle, FULL POWER!"
    EPIC SIG HERE

Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 8

To anyone not updated, I'll be giving you priority until next time. Can't say next week this time around since things are just starting to get a bit too intense with real life at the moment, and that's taking away the time I use to write. I do promise I won't go missing for months. At most, add another week, if not a few days. Zorua, Haradion and Megh, I'm afraid I can't take you yet since I'm at my limit, but I will as soon as a slot opens up. I'd ask you to be patient for a bit or try somewhere else, sorry. ^^;

Flame Mistress: With the two grunts before you, you stand helpless and immobilized in fear as your mind desperately thought of a way to get out of this situation. Just when you thought you were running out of options you remember your mother's wise words of wisdom, reminding you that when in danger, aim for the groin, the most vulnerable area for just about any person. It was well worth the try as you command your Vulpix to attack the thugs directly in the family jewels.

Wasting not a second, she charges right away at top speed, heabutting the robust man deep and strong between the legs with her Quick Attack, and forcing him to bend over in agony as a result. Flare didn't have a chance to move on to her second target however, as she's Quickly intercepted by the Raticate's own Attack, who viciously slames the Fire-type against the building's wall. There's still a lot of fighting spirit left in the fiery fox pup however, as she quickly glares her opponent, attempting to disable the Raticate with her Hypnosis, only to be cut short by a swift Tail Whip from the rat Pokémon, which snaps painfully across the Vulpix's face. Raticate doesn't seem to have come out of unfazed from the exchange though, as he starts moving erratically, twitching and moving its head in an attempt to hold on to conscoiusness.

"Stimpy, you idiot!" exclaims the skeletical Ren, as he swings his fist over Stimpy's head in frustration. "Do something, you moron!"

"I'm so sorry, Ren! Please don't hurt me anymore!" Stimpy squealed, rubbing his bald head in pain with one hand as he still held his crotch with the other. "Skittles, avenge me!" he then said as he pulled out a Pokéball and released the monster within, a pink and fluffy Skitty, who looked at you menacingly while bearing her tiny fangs.

Beware the cute ones, they say, and this one certainly meant no good as it rushed towards you intent on causing you great physical harm. Fortunately for you, Skittles is held back as she's met with the sudden Scratch from an unexpected aide, the Meowth barging into the fray for reasons unknown. Whatever its intention were, it seemed to be on your side apparently, and perhaps now the odds would be more on your favor.

What will you do?

uhhhh: Wondering about what had just happened, Foster is the first to go investigate as he takes an invisible form to stealthily float to the source of the noise. Worried and confused about the current happenings, both you and Gaspard too decide to go and check if at least Angie was alright, a motion which Kim agrees as she too gets back up to her feet. Chances are it was nothing more than a silly accident, but something gave you an awfully bad feeling about all this.

You make way through the narrow alleyway leading to the back of the restaurant in company of your Pokémon and Kim, and even the waitress tagged along to figure out just what kind fo damage was done to the property. As you reach a much wider space at the end, you're shocked to see a Wigglytuff fly by in front of you and smash against a concrete wall.

"Taffy!" exclaimes Kim, recognizing the Pokémon before her as it tries to get back up to its feet; it was Angie's. Looking to the other end of the square, you see not one but three Weavile poised and ready to strike; their faces bearing a malicious grin and their eyes shimmering with killer intent. As you quickly glance around in search for Angie, she's nowhere to be seen, but you notice the only restroon door to be closed and you hear something hit hard against it from the other side. This was just too surreal. Where did these Weavile even came from and why were they ganging up on Angie's Wigglytuff? Whatever the explanation was, the fact of the matter was that you all seemed to be in great danger, and if you were going to do something about it you would have to act fast.

What will you do?

::Seaside City::

Charminions: Certainly, a school of mimes wasn't something that would draw your attention, and really, who would be interested in something like that anyways? Mimes are a wierd bunch. Pro Wrestling however, now that was a reliable cure for boredom, and Apollo even seemed excited at the prostpect. It was an easy decision for the both of you as you pull out a map locate the wrestling school right before eagerly setting off towards it. Luckily, it wasn't much of a walk at all as barely a couple of blocks away from the park both, you and Apollo, find yourselves in front of the building's entrance, which stood amidst a small plaza along with some offices and fast-food restaurants, yet stood out from the bunch with its bright cerulean paint. With Crasher Wake's hanging high and visible for all, the place was pretty much unmissable.

As you cross the glass door you walk in into what is, for all intents and purposes, a fitness gym, very well assorted with all sort of machines, some of which you could only wonder just what kind of muscles they would excercise. The presence of a wrestling ring, of course, was indispensable. You could see several portraits hanging along the walls of some fo the greatest wrestling super-stars who have started their careers in this very gym, and of course, the presence of a framed poster of the legendary Wake along with his faithful Floatzel was indispensable. Though pro-wrestling itself wasn't particularly attractive for everyone, many did come over if only for the facilities alone, and it showed as it certainly wasn't starving for customers, both human and Pokémon alike constantly training here to their hearts content.

"Welcome!" You're greeted by a cute recepcionist behind a small counter. "How may I help you?" she asks with a smile.

What will you do?

jolteonjak: It was worrying that the Wooper started focusing their attacks on Cyndaquil as its type disadvantage weighed in on your mind. They were aware of his Hidden Power, and he only had so much grass energy to make use of it which meant that would have to get a bit more creative with your orders to get the most of it.

Rushing to Heracross's aid, you help him incorporate back to his feet; the Bug-type quickly pulling away from you to get back into the fray. Issueing your orders, both Cyndaquil and Heracross give an intimidating Leer to the Wooper, and having previously taken the Wooper's attacks like champs, the move does a great job at demoralizing the fish duo. They could swear their attacks were effective on them, weren't they? This buys Cyndaquil just enough of an instance for him to quickly put out his flames while simultaneously breathing out a thick Smokescreen, greatly hindering the Wooper's field of vision in the process. They don't just stand there however as they react by firing a Water Gun through the curtain in the direction they remembered your Pokémon to be. Luckily for Cyndaquil, he was able to dodge one with ease, however, Heracross wasn't so fortunate as the other one nailed him straight on, his lowered mobility keeping him from reacting in time. He's the first to counterattack though, as he starts concentrating hard, pulling out several sharp-edged rocks form underneath which circle around him more before being fired in the Wooper's general direction. As it did to the Wooper, the smoke too hindered your Pokémon visibility as it concealed the smash mud fish within it, but the widespread projectiles from Heracross's Stone Edge were sure to at least partly hit their mark, and so too would Cyndaquil's own Hidden Power as he launched a volley of orbs infused with grass-energy. As you heard the pained yelps from the Wooper, you knew your attacks had been at least somewhat succesful. They were sure to strike back however, and indeed they do as they charge out of the now dissipating screen and towards your Pokémon, Heracross bracing himself with his Iron Defense while Cyndaquil takes cover behind behind the Bug-type's back. Wasting not a second, both Wooper fire a round of their Water Gun at Heracross right before giving him an encore with another pair of Water Guns, the cumulative impact forcing the beetle to stagger a few steps back despite his increased defenses. He certainly seems to have taken most of the punishment this time around, but Cyndaquil on the other hand is looking mostly unharmed.

What will you do?

Marion Ette: Though the role of a priestess was not quite what you had in mind, if that was what was needed to help the poor restless souls that inhabited this lighthouse then so be it. You needed the Haunter's help, and for that you were willing to pay the price and play the potentially deadly game.

Pulling your Friend Ball out, you recall Sangre back before turning towards August, who warns you in vain of the completely unwaise decision you're making. Though she knows she can't keep you from doing what you think is right, a part of her still desperately wants to do something about it. Listening under your embrace to what could be your final loving words towards your partners, she nods understandingly while fighting against her inner impulses. As you finally recall august into her Pokéball, you find yourself alone with Haunter and you let him know plain and direct just how dead serious your resolution is.

"I can see that." He replied, his tone reflecting yours. "Well then, let's not delay this any longer." He grinned, his eyes now glowing bright as he slowly floated towards you. Things start feeling very wrong however, as you find yourself unable to move at all, your whole body unresponsive as your wide open eyes lock themselves with Haunter's. Extending his hands towards you, the Haunter firmly grasps your head as he comes face to face with you. Amidst a throbbing migraine, one by one you start losing your physical senses: your body numbs, your ears go deaf, your nose clogs up, and finally, you black out. In the end, the only thing left was your conciousness drifting in a sea of nothingness, the awareness that you still existed. Was this it? What would happen from now on? Maybe your foolishness had gotten the better of you. And then, it all started crashing back down like a bucket of cold water.

... You wake up; your back against the floor as you inhale deep and fast as if for the first time. Looking above you, you see the sky all shades of blue, red and orange as the evening sun just started to set down over the horizon. Stranger still was the feeling of grass and dirt beneath, and the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shore. Incorporating yourself back up, you notice you find yourself once again in front of the lighthouse, though this time it somehow felt very different. You weren't quite yourself either as you notice you're wearing a white, silken dress, beautifully decorated with the outlined pattern of many floral stamps. Your hands, though still delicate and pale, were definitely not yours, and as you take a strand of your long and jet-black hair, it is made very clear that this whole body wasn't yours either.

"You had me worried there, my lady." You hear a voice speak to you, and as you turn to its source you see a Gastly looking back at you with a concerned face. "These episodes of yours are happening way too often lately. Your mother would probably banish me to the other world if something happened to you. Mind you, I can't imagine worse a feeling than being forced to stay within that anchor of a body, but it is not yet your time, I'm afraid. Are you alright?" he asks. Talk about character immersion. Admittedly, it is kinda hard to play a character you don't know much about though.

What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 23rd May 2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Grammar

Marion Ette: Though the role of a priestess was not quite what you had in mind, if that was what was needed to help the poor restless souls that inhabited this lighthouse then so be it. You needed the Haunter's help, and for that you were willing to pay the price and play the potentially deadly game.

Pulling your Friend Ball out, you recall Sangre back before turning towards August, who warns you in vain of the completely unwaise decision you're making. Though she knows she can't keep you from doing what you think is right, a part of her still desperately wants to do something about it. Listening under your embrace to what could be your final loving words towards your partners, she nods understandingly while fighting against her inner impulses. As you finally recall august into her Pokéball, you find yourself alone with Haunter and you let him know plain and direct just how dead serious your resolution is.

"I can see that." He replied, his tone reflecting yours. "Well then, let's not delay this any longer." He grinned, his eyes now glowing bright as he slowly floated towards you. Things start feeling very wrong however, as you find yourself unable to move at all, your whole body unresponsive as your wide open eyes lock themselves with Haunter's. Extending his hands towards you, the Haunter firmly grasps your head as he comes face to face with you. Amidst a throbbing migraine, one by one you start losing your physical senses: your body numbs, your ears go deaf, your nose clogs up, and finally, you black out. In the end, the only thing left was your conciousness drifting in a sea of nothingness, the awareness that you still existed. Was this it? What would happen from now on? Maybe your foolishness had gotten the better of you. And then, it all started crashing back down like a bucket of cold water.

... You wake up; your back against the floor as you inhale deep and fast as if for the first time. Looking above you, you see the sky all shades of blue, red and orange as the evening sun just started to set down over the horizon. Stranger still was the feeling of grass and dirt beneath, and the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shore. Incorporating yourself back up, you notice you find yourself once again in front of the lighthouse, though this time it somehow felt very different. You weren't quite yourself either as you notice you're wearing a white, silken dress, beautifully decorated with the outlined pattern of many floral stamps. Your hands, though still delicate and pale, were definitely not yours, and as you take a strand of your long and jet-black hair, it is made very clear that this whole body wasn't yours either.

"You had me worried there, my lady." You hear a voice speak to you, and as you turn to its source you see a Gastly looking back at you with a concerned face. "These episodes of yours are happening way too often lately. Your mother would probably banish me to the other world if something happened to you. Mind you, I can't imagine worse a feeling than being forced to stay within that anchor of a body, but it is not yet your time, I'm afraid. Are you alright?" he asks. Talk about character immersion. Admittedly, it is kinda hard to play a character you don't know much about though.

What will you do?
    Haunter grins and begins floating towards Marion, the aura around him suggesting that he was about to perform some sort of strange ability or procedure. Marion takes one last, deep breath; the action seems quite appropriate, since the moment after she takes that breath, her breath is taken away from her. The feeling of paralysis is so complete that it feels as if Marion's very heart has stopped beating. Eyes forced wide-open and fixed on Haunter, Marion tries to think, to respond, to do anything at all, but her very thoughts seem locked within her skull, just as she is locked within her body. Haunter's hand firmly grips Marion's head, and a blinding, searing pain radiates from Haunter's hand and seems to echo down her spine. Her senses leave in the order of touch, hearing, taste/smell and finally vision as she completely blacks out. Completely deprived of her senses, she feels as though she is floating in nothingness, a mind without a body. Marion wonders, briefly, if the Haunter had indeed decided to kill her. Perhaps the joke was that she willingly went to her own death... It was the dark, ironic sort of humor she had come to expect. Her thoughts gradually releasing themselves from paralysis, she wonders what type of ghost Pokemon she will come back as. "I could be a Shuppet, like Minerva. She would be pleased to have the upper hand on me again. Or maybe a Duskull, like little Liliana... The two of us are very alike. Hm. I remember Keith saying he wanted a Gastly. I love Gastlies. Perhaps he could train me into a powerful Pokemon. It wouldn't be so bad being trained by someone you know, would it? I wonder what it would be like to live inside a Pokeball, or to use Dream Eater, or to faint after a long battle..."

Marion's thoughts are cut off suddenly as she is violently shaken out of her reverie, as if by a sudden jolt; her senses come back to her in a flood, and she gasps for breath as if awakening from death itself. She can feel the pull of the Earth's familiar gravity on her back, the scent of grass and ocean air filling her nostrils. Her eyes take in the beautiful sunset before her, and she immediately tries to sit up, hoping to get out of the sun as fast as possible. It is at that moment that she realizes that her skin does not feel as if it is burning, despite being out in the sun. It was as if she had never spent years alone in the dark. It was as if... it was as if she wasn't in her own body at all. Marion lifts her hands to her eyes, and though they are pale, they are pale within what can normally be expected for human skin. The ghostly quality is gone, and the shape and structure of her hand seems... off. She pulls a lock of her hair out from behind her, expecting wispy, pale lavender locks, but is instead met with a lock of thick, ebony hair which glistens in the waning sunlight. The voice of someone addressing Marion as "my lady" gives Marion the sudden realization that Haunter must have indeed placed her into the body of someone else... A priestess, was it? Marion had to think fast.

Turning towards the Gastly who addresses her, Marion tries to use context clues in order to assume the priestess's identity. Slowly standing up, Marion tries to give the Gastly a concerned look with this new face of hers. "I am fine in body, though I fear my memory has taken quite the tumble. I cannot seem to remember anything... not even my own name!" Marion attempts to smile, hoping that her new lips will not contort themselves oddly in the process. "I am certain these things will come back with time, as I get back on my feet... Perhaps you can help jog my memory. Bits and pieces may help awaken other memories, you know." Marion's priestess-head nods towards the Gastly, encouraging him to help her. "Must have been quite the episode, huh... but we... We have a job to do, don't we?"

[FB || PASBL]

Charminions: Certainly, a school of mimes wasn't something that would draw your attention, and really, who would be interested in something like that anyways? Mimes are a wierd bunch. Pro Wrestling however, now that was a reliable cure for boredom, and Apollo even seemed excited at the prostpect. It was an easy decision for the both of you as you pull out a map locate the wrestling school right before eagerly setting off towards it. Luckily, it wasn't much of a walk at all as barely a couple of blocks away from the park both, you and Apollo, find yourselves in front of the building's entrance, which stood amidst a small plaza along with some offices and fast-food restaurants, yet stood out from the bunch with its bright cerulean paint. With Crasher Wake's hanging high and visible for all, the place was pretty much unmissable.

As you cross the glass door you walk in into what is, for all intents and purposes, a fitness gym, very well assorted with all sort of machines, some of which you could only wonder just what kind of muscles they would excercise. The presence of a wrestling ring, of course, was indispensable. You could see several portraits hanging along the walls of some fo the greatest wrestling super-stars who have started their careers in this very gym, and of course, the presence of a framed poster of the legendary Wake along with his faithful Floatzel was indispensable. Though pro-wrestling itself wasn't particularly attractive for everyone, many did come over if only for the facilities alone, and it showed as it certainly wasn't starving for customers, both human and Pokémon alike constantly training here to their hearts content.

"Welcome!" You're greeted by a cute recepcionist behind a small counter. "How may I help you?" she asks with a smile.

What will you do?
    Charm and Apollo continued walking towards the Pro Wrestling School. It was a short walk, as they saw the unmissable Crasher Wake sign on top of the cerulean blue gym.

Woah, Wake? As in Crasher Wake? I can't believe I didn't notice this before. But isn't Crasher Wake a Water Gym Leader? Charm thought to himself and he stared in amazement. The duo walk through the glass door and notice the gym like any ordinary fitness gym. Well, except for that wrestling ring in the middle. Charm stared in awe at the different pictures hanging on the walls of champion wrestlers and their pokemon. Charm continued to look around and noticed that many people and pokemon were around training and sweating it out.

"Welcome!" he suddenly hears. He looks around to see an attractive receptionist behind a counter. ""How may I help you?" she asks giving the usual smile a receptionist would give.

With one look he suddenly turns red. "Oh... um... I..." Charm mumbled on feeling a little nervous around the receptionist. He never has been good with women it seems. "... I heard... that there were free classes here... for beginners... Where can I go for that?
    Last edited by Charminions; 21st May 2012 at 9:43 PM.

jolteonjak: It was worrying that the Wooper started focusing their attacks on Cyndaquil as its type disadvantage weighed in on your mind. They were aware of his Hidden Power, and he only had so much grass energy to make use of it which meant that would have to get a bit more creative with your orders to get the most of it.

Rushing to Heracross's aid, you help him incorporate back to his feet; the Bug-type quickly pulling away from you to get back into the fray. Issueing your orders, both Cyndaquil and Heracross give an intimidating Leer to the Wooper, and having previously taken the Wooper's attacks like champs, the move does a great job at demoralizing the fish duo. They could swear their attacks were effective on them, weren't they? This buys Cyndaquil just enough of an instance for him to quickly put out his flames while simultaneously breathing out a thick Smokescreen, greatly hindering the Wooper's field of vision in the process. They don't just stand there however as they react by firing a Water Gun through the curtain in the direction they remembered your Pokémon to be. Luckily for Cyndaquil, he was able to dodge one with ease, however, Heracross wasn't so fortunate as the other one nailed him straight on, his lowered mobility keeping him from reacting in time. He's the first to counterattack though, as he starts concentrating hard, pulling out several sharp-edged rocks form underneath which circle around him more before being fired in the Wooper's general direction. As it did to the Wooper, the smoke too hindered your Pokémon visibility as it concealed the smash mud fish within it, but the widespread projectiles from Heracross's Stone Edge were sure to at least partly hit their mark, and so too would Cyndaquil's own Hidden Power as he launched a volley of orbs infused with grass-energy. As you heard the pained yelps from the Wooper, you knew your attacks had been at least somewhat succesful. They were sure to strike back however, and indeed they do as they charge out of the now dissipating screen and towards your Pokémon, Heracross bracing himself with his Iron Defense while Cyndaquil takes cover behind behind the Bug-type's back. Wasting not a second, both Wooper fire a round of their Water Gun at Heracross right before giving him an encore with another pair of Water Guns, the cumulative impact forcing the beetle to stagger a few steps back despite his increased defenses. He certainly seems to have taken most of the punishment this time around, but Cyndaquil on the other hand is looking mostly unharmed.

What will you do?
    Chad surveyed the area, looking for some other way to strike the assailants. The smokescreen was beginning to clear up now, so the Wooper wouldn't be able to hide in it anymore. Suddenly he was struck with an idea, after seeing Cyndaquil still hiding behind Heracross.

He called the pair back to him momentarily and bent down to speak, "I have a plan. Cyndaquil, I want you to stay behind Heracross, again, flame extinguished. Heracross, I want you to distract the Wooper with Leer. Next, bend over slightly, so Cyndaquil can climb up your back. Cyndaquil, I want you to climb up his back quickly, then jump off him and fire your Hidden Power (Grass) at the Wooper from above. Heracross, once you see Cyndaquil attack, I want you to fire another Stone Edge at them. You're both doing great. Now off you go!"

Chad stood up again and watched as his mouse and beetle both got back into position. Then he remembered that Heracross took a bit more damage last round than he'd liked, so he reached into his backpack for one of his three remaining Potions in case he got injured some more.

Default Whale Island - o6

Posting this early since it’s Corphish Day. Trainer Andy, feel free to post now claiming your Corphish and editing in your reply whenever you feel like it. To the rest of my updatees – I’m working on your updates and should have them posted in the next day or so.

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: With your first battles a sweet success, you find yourselves in luck as a nearby scout thinks you’ve got what it takes to sail aboard the East Coast Ferry. There wasn’t a second to lose as you both scamper down the beach, although one of you had left something behind... Feeling bad for the KO’d crawdad you decide to add it to your ranks as a souvenir of your time spent on Ampere Beach. Tossing a Pokéball you watch as it bonks the crustacean on the shell, cracking open and hoovering it up in a flash of red light. The ball shakes once, twice, three times... Click! Congratulations! Lv. 3 Male Corphish was Caught! Before there was time to celebrate, you had a ferry to catch! There was no time to lose as you both scamper down the sandy beach, Hyrem making it to the pier first. Wingull and Pelipper fly low over the harbour, flocks approaching the tourists, begging for scraps of food. A salty breeze wisps through the air as magnificent ships and sail boats push in and out of the wharf, one particular dockside crowded with teenagers. Upon reaching the rickety boardwalk, the two of you find yourselves in the throes of people coming and going, their chattering of excitement making it difficult to think straight. You try to get a good look over the crowd at the ferry with no luck.

“Welcome Islanders to the East Coast Ferry Expedition!” Suddenly the crowd of tourists breaks as a young man in his early twenties steps off the pristine, white ship – his shoulder-length hair and golden tan giving the impression of him being more of a surfer dude than a sailor. His emerald eyes twinkle as he smiles weakly, enough to make a young girl weak at the knees, “My name is Captain Briney the third, and I’ll be your chaperone. If you’d like to show your boarding passes on the way in we can begin our adventure over the amazing Rainbow Reef!” His partner, a Slowpoke nods dimly – sprawling out on the top deck and soaking up the suns rays. The man dangles off the boat by one of its polls, the two of you flashing your tickets as you find yourselves sat together on the upper deck. With the sound of a loud foghorn the propeller jets the boat out from the docks on a course for the open sea. From here you had an amazing view of the turquoise waters, the beachgoers looking like small Durant. You both turn to face the foamy waves engaging in idle chit-chat, watching in awe as a school of Lanturn dive in and out of the water. The ocean was crystal clear, and a couple of Corsola could be seen wandering through the fields of seaweed. After about ten minutes or so the coast of Ampere Beach is hardly visible, and gorgeous multihued coral beds littered the ocean floor. The boat’s propeller stops and an anchor drops down into the colourful trenches with a thud – keeping the vessel from drifting.

“Welcome trainers to Rainbow Reef! Known as one of the seven wonders of Whale Island, this reef sports the largest amount of marine wildlife in the continent”, the captain boasts, “The reef is popular for both fishing and scuba diving. And luckily for you guys we’ll be trying out both”. The sailor strolls down the decks, handing out buckets full of fishing tackle: there were hooks, lines, rods, lures, bait – anything you’d need to fish up a rare catch. Briney quickly puts together a fishing rod out of his own tackle, twisting his body and casting it impressively. “Be patient, and once you have a bite you have to reel it in, but if you use to much force then your line will break and the fish will get away. These fish are slippery buggers, so once they’re on deck you’ll have to weaken them and get them in your bucket. There’ll be a fantastic prize for the best catch” The adolescent starts to demonstrate as he catches a bite. He starts reeling it in until there’s too much pressure on the line, loosening by reeling back out. Briney rinses and repeats for a minute or so until the fish is all tuckered out, pulling his rod overhead as a Goldeen flounders onto the deck with a spray of water. Flopping on the floor, the sailor commands his Slowpoke to transfer it into a bucket with Psychic. It didn’t look too hard.

The rules of this game a fairly simple: if you want to get a bite you’ll have to use the correct line with the correct lure. The choices of line are a Short-Length Line, Medium-Length Line and Long-Length Line whilst the choices of lure are a Glow Worm Lure, Seaweed Lure and Insect Lure. The type of lure you use will effect the type of fish Pokémon you find, but if you use the wrong line then you might not find a fish at all. Good Luck! Trainer Andy, with your first capture you’ve unlocked rights to the Egg House. I’ll need a link to his Pokéball though.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: With your first battles a sweet success, you find yourselves in luck as a nearby scout thinks you’ve got what it takes to sail aboard the East Coast Ferry. There wasn’t a second to lose as you both scamper down the beach, although one of you had left something behind... Feeling bad for the KO’d crawdad you decide to add it to your ranks as a souvenir of your time spent on Ampere Beach. Tossing a Pokéball you watch as it bonks the crustacean on the shell, cracking open and hoovering it up in a flash of red light. The ball shakes once, twice, three times... Click! Congratulations! Lv. 3 Male Corphish was Caught! Before there was time to celebrate, you had a ferry to catch! There was no time to lose as you both scamper down the sandy beach, Hyrem making it to the pier first. Wingull and Pelipper fly low over the harbour, flocks approaching the tourists, begging for scraps of food. A salty breeze wisps through the air as magnificent ships and sail boats push in and out of the wharf, one particular dockside crowded with teenagers. Upon reaching the rickety boardwalk, the two of you find yourselves in the throes of people coming and going, their chattering of excitement making it difficult to think straight. You try to get a good look over the crowd at the ferry with no luck.

“Welcome Islanders to the East Coast Ferry Expedition!” Suddenly the crowd of tourists breaks as a young man in his early twenties steps off the pristine, white ship – his shoulder-length hair and golden tan giving the impression of him being more of a surfer dude than a sailor. His emerald eyes twinkle as he smiles weakly, enough to make a young girl weak at the knees, “My name is Captain Briney the third, and I’ll be your chaperone. If you’d like to show your boarding passes on the way in we can begin our adventure over the amazing Rainbow Reef!” His partner, a Slowpoke nods dimly – sprawling out on the top deck and soaking up the suns rays. The man dangles off the boat by one of its polls, the two of you flashing your tickets as you find yourselves sat together on the upper deck. With the sound of a loud foghorn the propeller jets the boat out from the docks on a course for the open sea. From here you had an amazing view of the turquoise waters, the beachgoers looking like small Durant. You both turn to face the foamy waves engaging in idle chit-chat, watching in awe as a school of Lanturn dive in and out of the water. The ocean was crystal clear, and a couple of Corsola could be seen wandering through the fields of seaweed. After about ten minutes or so the coast of Ampere Beach is hardly visible, and gorgeous multihued coral beds littered the ocean floor. The boat’s propeller stops and an anchor drops down into the colourful trenches with a thud – keeping the vessel from drifting.

“Welcome trainers to Rainbow Reef! Known as one of the seven wonders of Whale Island, this reef sports the largest amount of marine wildlife in the continent”, the captain boasts, “The reef is popular for both fishing and scuba diving. And luckily for you guys we’ll be trying out both”. The sailor strolls down the decks, handing out buckets full of fishing tackle: there were hooks, lines, rods, lures, bait – anything you’d need to fish up a rare catch. Briney quickly puts together a fishing rod out of his own tackle, twisting his body and casting it impressively. “Be patient, and once you have a bite you have to reel it in, but if you use to much force then your line will break and the fish will get away. These fish are slippery buggers, so once they’re on deck you’ll have to weaken them and get them in your bucket. There’ll be a fantastic prize for the best catch” The adolescent starts to demonstrate as he catches a bite. He starts reeling it in until there’s too much pressure on the line, loosening by reeling back out. Briney rinses and repeats for a minute or so until the fish is all tuckered out, pulling his rod overhead as a Goldeen flounders onto the deck with a spray of water. Flopping on the floor, the sailor commands his Slowpoke to transfer it into a bucket with Psychic. It didn’t look too hard.

The rules of this game a fairly simple: if you want to get a bite you’ll have to use the correct line with the correct lure. The choices of line are a Short-Length Line, Medium-Length Line and Long-Length Line whilst the choices of lure are a Glow Worm Lure, Seaweed Lure and Insect Lure. The type of lure you use will effect the type of fish Pokémon you find, but if you use the wrong line then you might not find a fish at all. Good Luck! Trainer Andy, with your first capture you’ve unlocked rights to the Egg House. I’ll need a link to his Pokéball though.
    {Thank you so much for getting us back into it, by the way. I'm going to have a little character development for my Ralts included here, if you don't mind.}

Having seen the other trainer successfully capture the crustacean-looking Pokemon, Hyrem dashed over to Pieli Harbor. He also saw the other trainer run up to the harbor as well. Both trainers made it in time to see the huge crowd of teens packed together at one of the docks, but once they got into the crowd, it was really difficult to tell what was going on.

“Welcome Islanders to the East Coast Ferry Expedition!” Hyrem could finally see a man who looked about the age of the trainer next to him. He looked like a surfer, but his demeanor proved he was much more than that. “My name is Captain Briney the third, and I’ll be your chaperone. If you’d like to show your boarding passes on the way in we can begin our adventure over the amazing Rainbow Reef!” He was accompanied by a Slowpoke, who was warming himself up on the top deck that was exposed to plenty of sunlight. Hyrem looked it up on the Pokedex, excited to see a Slowpoke for the first time:

Slowpoke, the Dopey Pokemon. Usually lost in thought, they use their tails to fish for food. They can't feel pain in their tails, however, and eventually forget what they were doing. Sometimes, a Slowpoke can be seen in the exact same spot for days doing absolutely nothing.

As Hyrem waited in line, he decided to bring Sera and Daphne back out again. "All right, we're going to Rainbow Reef for our next adventure! You ready for it?" Both Pokemon called out in agreement, but a moment later Ralts did something interesting. Hyrem received a purple color usually indicating she was worried about something, but he also had three yellow circles in his mind. "Wait, circles? Was that you, Sera? Can you put shapes into someone's mind as well as colors now?"

"Ralts!" she nodded in acknowledgment of her increasing powers.

"Wow, you know this means you're getting stronger, right?" said Hyrem, to which Ralts nodded again. Then she put the same image of the three yellow circles surrounded by purple into his mind again. Definitely some sort of message, but what did it mean? "Oh wait, are you saying you're worried about that Exeggutor we battled before?"

Once again, she nodded with a "Ralts, Ralts!" Sera did make a good point; in their rush to make it to the harbor they had no time to check on the three-headed Grass-type's well-being. "You know," Hyrem assured Sera, "I'll bet it's fine and just needs some rest from our battle." Sera nodded and left the matter at that. "Now that I think of it, you also need some rest, which means..."

"Seedot!" Daphne said enthusiastically.

"Haha, yup, it's your turn, Daphne! Sera'll still be out here with us just to back you up in case you need it, but let me guess... you're thinking you won't need it, right?"

"Seedot dot!" she confirmed.

"All right, just be ready for battle because I think we may get into one or two!" And with that, Hyrem presented his SS Ticket to Cpt. Briney and boarded the ship. It turned out his seat was on the upper deck... right next to the trainer who caught a Pokemon back on Ampere Beach! "Hey, I saw you catch a Pokemon back on the beach! I couldn't see what it was; would you be willing to show it to me? I'm Hyrem, by the way," he introduced himself. As the ferry set sail for Rainbow Reef, he and the other trainer talked about their battles on the beach, the school of Lanturn they saw jump above the surface (and how Hyrem thought it'd be cool if he had a Lanturn someday), the Corsola that could be seen in the seaweed, and their destination, filled with every color of coral that could be imagined: Rainbow Reef.

As the boat dropped anchor, Cpt. Briney came up to the passengers. “Welcome trainers to Rainbow Reef! Known as one of the seven wonders of Whale Island, this reef sports the largest amount of marine wildlife in the continent. The reef is popular for both fishing and scuba diving. And luckily for you guys we’ll be trying out both!” At that moment, all sorts of fishing equipment was passed out to the passengers, including the two trainers. Briney then assembled his fishing rod for a demonstration, then expertly cast it into the sea. “Be patient, and once you have a bite you have to reel it in, but if you use to much force then your line will break and the fish will get away. These fish are slippery buggers, so once they’re on deck you’ll have to weaken them and get them in your bucket. There’ll be a fantastic prize for the best catch!” Just then Briney got a bite and used his experience to reel in a Goldeen.

"Nice!" said Hyrem as he registered another Pokemon for the Pokedex:

Goldeen, the Goldfish Pokemon. Known by "The Water Queen" because of its beautiful tail fins, it can swim upstream at a steady five knots per hour. Thanks to this speed, any jab from its horn is very powerful.

He then watched as Briney's Slowpoke used its Psychic powers to place the Goldeen into the bucket.

"Okay, simple enough!" he said. He had to think about the length of line and the bait to use. If the line was too long, it might snag onto some coral; too short, and he wouldn't be able to go for the Pokemon swimming deeper in the water, which was probably where the bigger catches were. So, he decided to use the Medium-Length Line so he'd have a chance at some of those deeper Pokemon. Now to choose the bait. He ended up going with the Glow Worm Lure because he figured it'd be a lure that the deeper Pokemon would see easily. Having completed his fishing rod, he said to his Seedot, "Remember, it'll be your job to battle these Pokemon once I reel them onto the boat. Go ahead and use Growth right now to get yourself ready; there's no telling if I'll get a bite that quick, and that'll help you weaken these Pokemon faster."

"Seedot!" said Daphne as she prepared herself for battle.

"OK, here goes nothing!" said Hyrem as he cast his line into the sea. There was no way to know what he could catch, if he caught anything at all, but he was ready for anything... well, pretty much anything.

Ampere Beach

The rules of this game a fairly simple: if you want to get a bite you’ll have to use the correct line with the correct lure. The choices of line are a Short-Length Line, Medium-Length Line and Long-Length Line whilst the choices of lure are a Glow Worm Lure, Seaweed Lure and Insect Lure. The type of lure you use will effect the type of fish Pokémon you find, but if you use the wrong line then you might not find a fish at all. Good Luck!

The Pokeball seemed to sit shaking on the beach for an eternity, the tension rising so much that Andy hadn't realised he'd been holding his breath until he started to feel light headed. Luckily the ball finally clicked shut and the Trainer breathed a sigh of relief, he felt the overwhelming urge to loudly celebrate this momentous achievement before his brain snapped back to the task at hand as he saw another trainer speed past in the direction of Pieli Harbour.

"Crap, gotta be quick!" Andy reminded himself, as he scooped up the Pokeball and the rest of his belongings and set off in pursuit.
    Pushing himself to go as fast as he could Andy managed to catch up with the other trainer and they both reached the harbour at roughly the same time, although now he was actually there he wasn't exactly sure where to go next as there we're so many people already there. Andy wandered through the crowd, trying to keep an eye on the Trainer he'd followed here so that he didn't get lost.

“Welcome Islanders to the East Coast Ferry Expedition!”

A voice cut through the crowd suddenly making Andy jump and turn to look in the direction it had come from. The crowd had parted somewhat and Andy could now make out a tanned figure with shoulder length hair making his way towards him and the other Trainer.

“My name is Captain Briney the third," The young man introduced himself, "and I’ll be your chaperone. If you’d like to show your boarding passes on the way in we can begin our adventure over the amazing Rainbow Reef!”

Not wasting any time Andy fished out his pass and presents it before heading onto the boat. Again he spied the other Trainer he'd followed and decided that as he'd already stalked him this far he may as well stay close, and takes a seat next to him. Luckily for him, this Trainer didn't seem to find Andy's constant appearances strange at all and instead gave him a friendly smile.

"Hey, I saw you catch a Pokemon back on the beach!" his travelling companion said cheerfully, Andy found himself surprised that he'd only just remebered he'd spotted him as well, just before he caught Kray. "I couldn't see what it was; would you be willing to show it to me? I'm Hyrem, by the way."

"Andy" he said in reply, relaxing a little knowing that he wasn't going to spend all this time in awkward silence. "I saw some of your battle too, looks like you had a tough one." Andy adjusted himself in the seat to make himself more comfortable, taking a second to enjoy the sea breeze that was blowing on him face before continuing. "My battle was a little tricky too, but I think it was worth it for this little guy." With that he unclipped Kray's Pokeball and pressed the release button. A beam of light shot out that morphed into the shape of a Corphish. A rather pissed off looking Corphish...

"Cor! Corphish!" Kray shouted angrily at its Trainer, sharp pincers snapping at his legs. Andy quickly pointed the Pokeball back in Kray direction and pressed the button again, sucking the Pokemon back into its confines.
    "I think we still have a few issues to work out though..." Andy said to Hyrem, a feeling of overwhelming embarrassment creeping over him.

Just as he'd finished talking Andy felt the ferry come to a stop as it dropped anchor.
    " “Welcome trainers to Rainbow Reef! Known as one of the seven wonders of Whale Island," Captain Briney's voice called out again, causing all the passengers to stop taking in their surroundings and look in his direction. "This reef sports the largest amount of marine wildlife in the continent. The reef is popular for both fishing and scuba diving. And luckily for you guys we’ll be trying out both!” The passengers began to murmur amongst themselves at the prospect of this as the crew began handing out all the necessary fishing equipment. Andy stared at his, dumbfounded, but luckily the Captain was on hand with a demonstation, assembling his rod before skillfully casting it over the side of the boat and into the sea.

“Be patient, and once you have a bite you have to reel it in," Briney explained, sounding very matter of fact, but his face etched with concentration, "but if you use to much force then your line will break and the fish will get away. These fish are slippery buggers, so once they’re on deck you’ll have to weaken them and get them in your bucket. There’ll be a fantastic prize for the best catch!” He expertly demonstarted the technique as something began to pull on the other end of his line. It only takes a minutes or two before he finally pulls something flopping onto the deck. Andy notices Hyrem pull out his Pokedex, and tries to inconspicouosly look over his shoulder to learn the identity of the Captain's catch as Andy hadn't quite figured out how to use his yet and only knew about Pokemon he'd read about in books.

"That doesn't seem too hard." He said as he watched Briney's Slowpoke use its Psychic powers to place the Goldeen into the bucket. The process of choosing which line and lure to use, however, seemed trickier. Again he sneaked a look over to his new acquaintance, Hyrem, and saw him selecting the Medium-Length line, which seemed to be a sensible choice, not too long, not too short. Andy followed suit in this decision. Next came the bait with which Andy tried to picture which one he'd go for if he were a fish. The Glow Worm looked tempting at first, but then his mind was full of thoughts of wriggling and squirming that made him feel nauseous. The Seaweed just seemed... bland. "Insect it is then" Andy finally decided.
    With those decisions out of the way, Andy turned his attention to his Pokemon.

"I think I'll let Sheldon rest a little longer," Andy reasoned, "And Kray... maybe not just yet. So it looks like Tsar's up." This would be a good way to test out the Bronzor's strength, hopefully without being too demanding on it. Andy nodded to himself as he released Tsar and assembled his rod, the little Psychic/Steel Pokemon floating over his Trainer's shoulder as he stepped to the side of the boat. Trying to mimic Captain Briney's action as best he could Andy cast his line.

"When I pull something out, hit it with a Confusion, hopefully it'll be a little stunned when it hits the deck and won't be able to react." He said to his Pokemon as his eyes scanned the water for any movement. His felt his grip tighten on the rod, ready, waiting...

- - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

Default Whale Island - o7

Attention to all new entrants: I have an extra slot now, so I will be taking the next person to post an introduction to the Zone.

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Pengyzu: You look dismally over the kiddie pool, the waterslides emptied as children watch from the coast with baited breath. Kara was pulling all the weight having successfully knocked Meinfoo a good dozen yards down the pool, but Keiko’s self esteem issues were starting to rub off on you and the Wingull above was proving tricky to land a hit on. After some encouraging words, the next round quickly ensues. Wingull is first into action, circling the skies before nosediving toward Kara with its Wings unfolded. The Attack sends the psychic tumbling over, but not before Mienfoo can pelt him with a Swift attack! The two attacks cause leave Ralts wincing in pain - it looked as though the youngster had picked out Kara as the stronger of the two. These gang-up tactics give Keiko a wide opening, and after a long pause he finally slaps his flippers against the water and springs into the air. Kara aids his ally by shooting off a bright Flash of light, stunning the nearby Wingull. The bird was dazed as it flew in circles, a large shadow suddenly engulfing its flightpath as Wailmer Bounces into it! The sheer weight difference sends the seagull crashing to the bottom of the pool, already teetering towards a knockout indicating it was the weaker of the two opponents. The battle had turned in your favour now – Mienfoo darting forward to Pound the pesky psychic only to be stopped in its tracks with a Confusion, the bluish beam knocking him off his feet for a nice hit. With Wingull underwater and struggling to find a way past the Wailmer calf, Keiko tries long and hard to perform a body slam - a move he’s yet to learn. He instead Bounces into the air, giving the Wingull high-time to flutter frantically out of reach as Wailmer cannonballs back into the water. “Wingull, you aint looking to good so Roost at the top of the waterslide and leave all the battling to Mienfoo. ‘Foo, smack Ralts with another Swift followed by a Quick Attack!” Whilst there was still a long way to go, it looked as though the youngster was still neglecting the fact you had two Pokémon on the field. What will you do?

Son of Shadows: With Aegis taking a bareback ride into the deeper stretches of the turquoise pool, en route to a school of infant Mantyke, you rack your brains together for a way of putting a stop to the oncoming disaster. You squeeze the red-white Pokéball in your fist, ready to do whatever it takes to stop the wild Stunfisk - even if it was owned by the park. You volley a few orders to the snapping turtle in hopes of driving the flatfish’s attention away from the innocent manta. The clear pool gives you a good view of the skirmish ahead, with the Stunfisk now closing in on its prey and sparks teetering up and down its muddy scales. Aegis inhales bravely in preparation for his signature move, firing off the strongest Water Gun he can. The jet hits its mark with the pressure of it separating the two – Squirtle buoying to the surface and Stunfisk thudding into the seabed with a sandy explosion. Less than a second passes as Stunfisk dives up from the dust cloud, cutting the turtle’s victory short with a ThunderShock. The blue water flashes yellow as sparks break through to the surface, electrocuting Aegis who winces in pain. With the fight on, the Squirtle takes no time to retaliate by gurgling off a stream of Bubbles. The attack bursts against the dab for another effective hit whilst failing to slow it down any. You sigh in relief, the Stunfisk had completely forgotten about the baby stingrays which were being netted to safety by a pair of trainers. However this comfort quickly passes as the Stunfisk discharges a Thunder Wave, the electric tendrils leaving Aegis sitting duck as his muscles lock up... What will you do?

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: “You’ll have just over an hour to catch as many fish as you can folks”, Briney grins, “May the best angler win!” The boat rocks idly on the stunning coral reef, your legs dangling over the edge with the warm salty breeze sharpening your senses. You both look on at casting area, able to see the blue surface all the way down to the deep sea trenches. The other trainers were starting to shuffle around now, assembling their fishing rods just as the captain had. One youngster manages to hook his own lip in all the commotion. Hyrem is first off the bat, threading a medium-length line through the fishing pole and carefully clipping a lure which closely resembled a Chinchou’s antennae to the hook. With his head over Hyurem’s shoulder, Andy quickly starts to do the same, only attaching a lure which more like a Yanma to the end of his line. Before Andy can finish threading the rod Hyurem throws the rod over his shoulder before hastily casting it forward. Not quite having mastered the technique, the bobber lands just a few meters out from were the boat is docked, bubbles streaming from the glow-worm lure as it loses altitude. The lure stops around the centre of the salty seawater, quite a fair distance from the surface but not as far down as the deep sea trenches. Not much seems to be happening, a Carvanha swims narrowly past the lure but ignores it completely. Meanwhile, Andy was achieving similar results with his cast. The insect lure scares away a few Remoraid that it lands between. You both sigh, looking over at the other to see if they’d had any luck. It seemed as though you’d both used the wrong combination of lure and line, perhaps you ought to go at it from another angle... 70 Minutes Remaining

The Caverns

Celebii: With an overwhelming type advantage all the cards seemed to play in your favour. The vampire bat flutters lop-sidedly, one of his wings limp from the salvo of attacks. Larry pants as his shiny metal hide fogs up with condensation, he was looking about as fatigued as the Golbat was beat up! Pulling out all the stops you set your little Aron onto the Golbat once more, the iron monster spinning in place as he sharpens his attack. The Swords Dance makes quick work in dispersing the haze, giving Larry a good view of his target. Golbat swoops forward in the meantime, trying again to Bite into the Iron Armour Pokémon whilst only managing to chip another fang. The bat reels back in pain as Aron scrapes his foot on the loamy earth, flames combusting up his body as he Charges forward. Crashing into the back of the bat’s mouth with a large BOOM, you fan away the smoke to see ahead. Larry stumbles out of the comatose foe’s chops looking exhausted Level-Up for Larry With your first battle a sweet success it was time to press on. Squinting to see further than a foot ahead in the pitch-black you call on the help of Bounce. The piglet lives up to his namesake as he springs out of his Pokéball in a flash of white light before idly hopping on the spot like a pogo stick. Oinking enthusiastically, the Spoink’s pearl Flashes a neon pink, lighting of the slimy walls glimmering like wet tar. Curiously, just a stretch further was a set of rickety looking tracks which appeared to snake off far down the tunnel. At the foot of the track was a mine cart which looked stable enough – you can’t help wondering if it was used to ferry hefty amounts of gold based on Laguna’s folklaw. This theory is quickly confirmed as you take a closer look into the contents of wooden cart, finding a crumpled Treasure Map within. The dusty map shows a fork in the railroad, one of the paths leading to an ‘X’ and the others leading to certain death... Will you turn back or take a ride of adventure and untold riches?

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: With danger quite literally looming over the three travellers, and Chong’s prized banjo snapped like a matchstick by the gargantuan Cradily, you find yourself at odds with your conscience. It would be easy enough to run away and forget the whole ordeal had ever happened, but then you’d have the blood of the three hippies on your hands, and god knows how many more honeymooners who’d dared to swim in the not-so romantic lagoon. Your trainer instincts kick in finally as you send Sothe and Orcharist into battle – the latter of which was still fast asleep. Fingering a blue spray bottle you point the nozzle toward the bank, squirting vapour onto the water’s surface which quickly dilutes around Sothe: alerting her to the fight ahead. The seamonster’s hungry growling is quickly cut short by Sothe who spits off a salvo of Seed Bombs, the barrage exploding against the foe’s tentacles leaving only a few light scratches on its rock-hard skin.

“MAKE LOVE, NOT BOMBS!” Moku exclaims in his Sweet Scent-induced daze. The Cradily wobbles as though shaking off the hit, bending his neck to face the lizard and spitting off a vat of Acid. The substance spurts through the air - Sothe agile enough to leap out of the way – leaving the corrosive substance to melt through the rock he’d just been stood on. Slightly delayed due to weariness, Orcharist reels her head back before slinging forward, her fangs dripping with Toxic as he latches onto the plant’s neck. With her flexible jaw stretched a good 180 degrees, she just manages to penetrate the plant’s solid hide before injecting her venom. Whilst slow to react, the giant flower bends to the source of pain and ravels its thick vines around the snake’s body for a tight Constrict. Orcharist screeches in pain as the appendages rip her from the plant’s neck, squeezing her tighter and tighter... Sothe leaps into action faster than ever before, filled with fury as his leaf blades flicker forest green. Diving towards his ally he crosses his arms in an x-motion Cutting into the purple vines and forcing them slacken enough for Orcharist to slip free. After a lucky escape the anaconda has no time to relax, purple sparks flying up and down her body as she lets off a Venoshock. The attack arcs into the seamonster, adding insult to injury thanks to its poisonous infliction. Still looking barely phased by the shower of attacks, the Cradily flicks two of its tentacles into the reptilian Pokémon – sending them both back a few feet for another Astonishing hit. The fossil suddenly winces as poison enters its bloodstream, a silver lining to a pretty harsh round. What will you do?

The Ghostly Galleon

UNowenwasme?: Thrown in the brig of the infamous Ghostly Galleon with no telling of what was ahead you rack your brain in hopes of devising an escape plan. Whilst you’d been tied to a wooden pole, you could just about feel your back pocket with the tips of your fingers – your Pokéballs barely in reach. The sound of footsteps getting louder sends you into a frantic rush, your wrists rubbing painfully against the thick knots of rope as you attempt to finger Snivy’s ball. The red-white sphere slips out of your fingers and onto the deck, cracking open with a burst of light to reveal a leafy snake Pokémon. The footsteps suddenly stop and you hear the jangling of keys, time was running out! Desperately volleying orders to the rather confused Snivy listen intently as a pair of Vines spurt from his leafy collar, Whipping against the rope and weakening the knot. Your panic heightens as a key enters the lock on the other side of the door, Snivy finishing the job with a flurry of sharp Magical Leaves. You feel the ropes unravel from your worn wrists in relief which is quickly cut short by the creek of a door...

“You’re awake!” a kid exclaims, much to your surprise. He was sporting ragged looking stripy vest with blue pants, topped off with a blue bandana. His feet were bare and dirty, with his toothy smile looking anything but threatening. Choosing not to ambush the kid just yet, you keep your arms behind your back with Snivy still out of view. “Welcome to the Ghostly Galleon. My name’s Thomas, I’m the cabin boy around these parts. What’s your name?” the kid hoists himself onto a barrel, sitting comfortably and waiting for a response. Guessing you were still in shock, Thomas continues “I haven’t seen dry land for three years now. We’ve been searching for The Temple of the Sea for years now, and god knows if it even exists...” You can’t help but wondering if what he was talking about had anything to do with the legendary Pokémon you’d seen earlier that day. But judging by the way they attacked you, the band of pirates would no doubt treat Manaphy with the same hospitality – something you’d hate to have on your conscience. Your chain of thought is quickly interrupted as Thomas drops down from the barrel, heading back to the deck.

“It was nice meeting you, by the way...” The cabin boy finishes, “The crew don’t take kindly to their prisoners... But they’ll quickly change their tune if you have any useful information“

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: You nervously hang on edge of the heated Crater Lake, a battle about to commence between Shell and the wild Carvanha. With the redhead’s Torkoal tending to the injured Numel she cheers you on enthusiastically, not really seeing much danger in the fight ahead. With its eyes set on a tasty meal the piranha speeds toward the snapping turtle with its scales flashing bright red with Rage. Shell is quick to spurn his enemies advances however, Faking left before striking from the right, knocking the Carvahna Out of momentum. The fish snaps angrily as it nips in for another speedy strike, this time Crunching down on Shell’s leg. The Squirtle yelps in pain as the foe’s jaws snap down even harder, leaving a nasty set of bite marks when it finally lets go. Whilst barely able to move his limp leg the turtle tucks into his shell and speeds forward with the power of a Waterfall. The tackle sends Carvhana tumbling into the rocky face of the lagoon causing some of the rocks to break lose. You look down in anticipation as a dust cloud engulfs the two Pokémon - finally dispersing to reveal Carvanha Crunching Squirtle’s weak leg. Shell snaps again in pain, this time batting his foe off with a Tail Whip. Whilst both Pokémon were still fresh the scent of blood courtesy of Shell’s leg was sending the piranha wild. He’ll make a fast meal out of Shell if you’re not careful. What will you do?

Cascade Waterfall

Stark: With the carnivorous monster quickly devastating the waterfall’s ecosystem you feel your moral obligation as a Pokémon trainer take charge. Blood stains the foamy rocks jutting out near the plunge pool, the eel latching onto a stunned Seaking with its paddle-like arms as it churns it into its gullet – sparks flying up and down its body in satisfaction. Shocked to the core you quickly scramble for assistance and acting fast, pitch a red-white sphere toward the lamprey. The ball cracks open on the pebbly bank with a small jackal Pokémon leaping from it in a burst of light, switching to a battle stance on instinct. The Riolu yaps bravely as the eel sets its bloodshot eyes on the only Pokémon that hasn’t fled for its life. Wondering if you’d put too much pressure on the fighter pup, you nonetheless volley a chain of orders. Riolu nods as the Eelektross waywardly swims to shore, his teeth crackling with electricity. With agility on his side, the canine Jumps Hi into the air, almost reaching the peak of the waterfall before arcing back down on one foot. Homing into the eel, who’s still somewhat oblivious, Riolu unleashes a powerful Kick. Socking the slippery eel on the fin, the jackal plunges in the lake with a loud splash. The amprey growls more in annoyance than pain as its yellow markings flicker: Discharging electricity which surges through the pool, frying Riolu who yelps in pain and scrambles back onto the bank. Eelektross looks about ready to finish the canine as a Zap Cannon starts to materialise within his leech-like mouth, Riolu still wincing from the earlier hit. Breaking away from the pain in his gut the canine lightfootedly hustles forward, his fist glowing as he punches the eel in the jaw with a Sky Uppercut, sending the Pokémon’s Zap Cannon bowling over your shoulder for a complete misfire. Eelektross shrieks frenziedly, sending the nearby bird Pokémon flocking for miles. Whilst still wincing from the electric shock, Riolu grits his teeth in determination. Whilst speed was on your side, maybe the jackal could use some backup. What will you do?

{Once again, I'm going to take some liberties here and work off of Andy's reply before actually replying to the update. Hope you don't mind! }

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Andy View Post
    "Andy" he said in reply, relaxing a little knowing that he wasn't going to spend all this time in awkward silence. "I saw some of your battle too, looks like you had a tough one." Andy adjusted himself in the seat to make himself more comfortable, taking a second to enjoy the sea breeze that was blowing on him face before continuing. "My battle was a little tricky too, but I think it was worth it for this little guy." With that he unclipped Kray's Pokeball and pressed the release button. A beam of light shot out that morphed into the shape of a Corphish. A rather pissed off looking Corphish...

"Cor! Corphish!" Kray shouted angrily at its Trainer, sharp pincers snapping at his legs. Andy quickly pointed the Pokeball back in Kray direction and pressed the button again, sucking the Pokemon back into its confines.
    "I think we still have a few issues to work out though..." Andy said to Hyrem, a feeling of overwhelming embarrassment creeping over him.
    The other trainer, who introduced himself as Andy, talked about his battle and let out his Corphish, if only for a moment, but it was enough of a moment to get registered into Hyrem's Pokedex!

Corphish, the Ruffian Pokemon. An invasive species resulting from people buying them as pets then releasing them, they can adapt to any environment. Known to eat anything they can grip in their pincers, their prey almost never escape.

"I think we still have a few issues to work out, though..." Andy said to Hyrem, looking pretty embarrassed over the matter.

"Haha, well, you only just caught it, right? You probably just need to spend some time training it, that's all," assured Hyrem. "I've got a few Pokemon with issues too. Daphne here, she's a prankster. And I've got a Druddigon and Seviper that think they should be in charge!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Andy View Post
    "I think I'll let Sheldon rest a little longer," Andy reasoned, "And Kray... maybe not just yet. So it looks like Tsar's up." This would be a good way to test out the Bronzor's strength, hopefully without being too demanding on it. Andy nodded to himself as he released Tsar and assembled his rod, the little Psychic/Steel Pokemon floating over his Trainer's shoulder as he stepped to the side of the boat. Trying to mimic Captain Briney's action as best he could Andy cast his line.

"When I pull something out, hit it with a Confusion, hopefully it'll be a little stunned when it hits the deck and won't be able to react." He said to his Pokemon as his eyes scanned the water for any movement. His felt his grip tighten on the rod, ready, waiting...
    Hyrem was working on his rod when he saw Andy bring out an odd-looking Pokemon, a blue, disk-like Pokemon with yellow eyes and an interesting pattern on its back. Hyrem had never seen anything like it before. "What could this Pokemon be?" he asked himself as he brought out the Pokedex again:

Bronzor, the Bronze Pokemon. In ancient times, Bronzor may have had the reflection of a mirror. The pattern on its back may be the source of its mysterious power, although the pattern's origins are unknown.

"Huh, that's interesting," Hyrem shrugged as he went back to work on his rod.

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: “You’ll have just over an hour to catch as many fish as you can folks”, Briney grins, “May the best angler win!” The boat rocks idly on the stunning coral reef, your legs dangling over the edge with the warm salty breeze sharpening your senses. You both look on at casting area, able to see the blue surface all the way down to the deep sea trenches. The other trainers were starting to shuffle around now, assembling their fishing rods just as the captain had. One youngster manages to hook his own lip in all the commotion. Hyrem is first off the bat, threading a medium-length line through the fishing pole and carefully clipping a lure which closely resembled a Chinchou’s antennae to the hook. With his head over Hyurem’s shoulder, Andy quickly starts to do the same, only attaching a lure which more like a Yanma to the end of his line. Before Andy can finish threading the rod Hyurem throws the rod over his shoulder before hastily casting it forward. Not quite having mastered the technique, the bobber lands just a few meters out from were the boat is docked, bubbles streaming from the glow-worm lure as it loses altitude. The lure stops around the centre of the salty seawater, quite a fair distance from the surface but not as far down as the deep sea trenches. Not much seems to be happening, a Carvanha swims narrowly past the lure but ignores it completely. Meanwhile, Andy was achieving similar results with his cast. The insect lure scares away a few Remoraid that it lands between. You both sigh, looking over at the other to see if they’d had any luck. It seemed as though you’d both used the wrong combination of lure and line, perhaps you ought to go at it from another angle... 70 Minutes Remaining
    As Hyrem's glow-worm sinks in, he thinks he picked a pretty good combination, but then he realized it didn't go down as deep as he wanted it to be. As a result, the glow-worm was at a level where Pokemon still had plenty of light to see, so the fish couldn't see a glowing lure as attractive.

"This isn't working," said Hyrem. "Maybe I do need a longer line." There was still 70 minutes left, so he had plenty of time to change lines and get back to fishing, maybe catch a good Pokemon that's found very deep in there. The Glow Worm Lure was probably the best lure for catching the deepest Pokemon because of the extremely low amount of light down there, but he needed the only line that could possibly reach the deep: the Long-Length Line. As Hyrem changed lines, he gave his orders to Daphne again. "Sorry about that, Daphne! I think I got it this time! Be ready for battle by using Growth to raise your stats. Then, once I've gotten the Pokemon out of the water, greet it with Bullet Seed!" With line in place, lure set once again, Hyrem cast it out again, this time trying to go for the trenches and the Pokemon that navigated their depths.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

Central Plains
    Mostly fertile farmland there's not much here for your average tourist or trainer although a few areas of interest do attract the more adventurous trainers. Electric Pokémon thrive out here and are often found roaming the fields. Better beware though, they're not all that fond of trainers getting too close to their young so take a wrong step and you may find yourself on the wrong end of a lightning bolt that hasn't come from the sky.

Hydro-Electric Dam: Relatively new to the island is the Hydro-Electric dam, a massive construct that has created a reservoir of water several dozen million cubic feet in volume. Chosen due it being a renewable source of clean energy, and promoted for the fact it produces no waste or greenhouse gases, the dam has become a tourist attraction in its own right, its rich power source attracting a large variety of electric Pokémon to the area.
    "Wow, it's huuuge," Melissa said in awe, as she stared at the Hydro-Electric Dam and at the reservoir it created. The sheer amount of water the dam was holding back was just enormous, from what she could tell and she almost couldn't believe that there was that much water...anywhere. The Cyndaquil on her shoulder shuddered at the sight of all the water and shifted uneasily.

The teen grinned sheepishly at him. "Sorry about picking such a place, Wildfire, but, you gotta admit, it looks cool." Her fire mouse glanced around their vantage point and reluctantly nodded. "I'll try to stay away from the edges," she told him, turning back to look over the reservoir again, Wildfire nervously clinging to her shoulder.
    Last edited by myahoo; 4th June 2012 at 11:15 PM.

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: You nervously hang on edge of the heated Crater Lake, a battle about to commence between Shell and the wild Carvanha. With the redhead’s Torkoal tending to the injured Numel she cheers you on enthusiastically, not really seeing much danger in the fight ahead. With its eyes set on a tasty meal the piranha speeds toward the snapping turtle with its scales flashing bright red with Rage. Shell is quick to spurn his enemies advances however, Faking left before striking from the right, knocking the Carvahna Out of momentum. The fish snaps angrily as it nips in for another speedy strike, this time Crunching down on Shell’s leg. The Squirtle yelps in pain as the foe’s jaws snap down even harder, leaving a nasty set of bite marks when it finally lets go. Whilst barely able to move his limp leg the turtle tucks into his shell and speeds forward with the power of a Waterfall. The tackle sends Carvhana tumbling into the rocky face of the lagoon causing some of the rocks to break lose. You look down in anticipation as a dust cloud engulfs the two Pokémon - finally dispersing to reveal Carvanha Crunching Squirtle’s weak leg. Shell snaps again in pain, this time batting his foe off with a Tail Whip. Whilst both Pokémon were still fresh the scent of blood courtesy of Shell’s leg was sending the piranha wild. He’ll make a fast meal out of Shell if you’re not careful. What will you do?
    Rob winced himself again as the Carvahna's teeth locked in further, Crunching Shell's leg, before letting go and leaving teeth marks. While the damage from the attack was still fresh, the persistent turtle headed towards the Carvahna at a rapid speed with a Waterfall attack, hitting the Carvahna and sending it towards rocks which were unsettled by the hit and caused a dust cloud to take over the field temporarily. "Come on Shell! I know you can do this., the trainer thought before the veil of dust disappeared, revealing another another gruesome scene as the Carvahna Crunched down further into Shell's already bitten leg, who then Tail Whipped the carnivorous creature, setting himself free from its grasp once again. Looking at the fish's reaction to the smell of Shell's fresh blood Rob knew that he had to try to do something before Shell became a lunchtime meal.

Rob looked on, while feeling slightly worried, he knew Shell could do this, though he still felt a little unsure of in his own ability to help Shell win. "Come on Shell! We can do this! Just keep your distance!" he instructed Shell, "Use a Yawn to try and slow the Carvahna down! Then try setting up an Aqua Ring to heal a little when you can! Afterwards, use Surf to send it down further into the lake!"

Apologies to Flame Mistress and Mon1010. Will prioritize your updates for next week's batch.

::Ampere Beach::

Empoleon-Dynamite: Attitude was the word of the day as both you and your juvenile Scraggy stroll down the creaky, sand-strewn boardwalk of what is the largest and most famous coastal beach of Whale Island, if not Fizzytopia itself, Ampere Beach; the both of you almost simultaneously donning on a pair of cool shades to protect your eyes from the searing sun's rays. It was your intention to spend a nice vacation with some of your younger and less experienced Pokémon, and this place seemed just perfect for that occasion with its fine, warm and soothing electrical sands.

As expected, the area was crowded with hundreds of tourists and locals alike, most accompanied by their respective Pokémon and all of whom seemed to have a good time playing games, building sand structures, burrowing themselves under the sand or simply relaxing under the protection of a colorful umbrella. You only hoped you could find a nice spot soon as your arm already started tiring out from lugging around your other Pokémon, Guppy, within the heavy plastic bucket; the Magikarp pathetically weak as one would expect from such a specimen, but incredibly special as well with his rare golden scales shimmering under the bright sunlight. The experience would only do him good you thought, but so far he only seemed interested in flopping about, splashing you with salt water every now and then. Sitch on the other hand was busy enough cooking up nasty plots of his own; perhaps sometime later he would try and steal a fancy belt from an unsuspecting tourist, or destroy some unfortunate kid's sand castle.

You finally find a nice patch of sand and you decide it's about time to set up camp, calling out to Sitch with a grin on your face to make haste. You frantically skirt down the beach as your naked feet get both burned and jolted, not quite prepared for the sensation; Sitch on the other hand had no such problem thanks to his leathery soles and Guppy just kept on flopping on the safety of his bucket, seemingly unaware of your pain. You quickly roll out a towel while sitch sets up the metallic sun reflector and in no time you find yourself basking under the sun, slowly lulling yourself to sleep with the constant sound of the waves.

"Hey you! You think you're the lord of the beach or something?" You're suddenly woken up by the booming roar of a man, tall, tanned and very well built as you notice his pectorals flex almost by their own will. "Yes, I'm talking to you!" He points your finger in your direction. "I've seen you going on about with that smug grin like you're the best or something... showing off those golden scales like they're all that special. You think you're the hottest Magikarp on this beach? Well, my Magikarp has something to say about that! You show me what you're made of, punk!"

You realize the crazy guido seems to be talking to Guppy, and as you turn to look at your shiny Magikarp he looks back at you a tad confused, flopping feebly as always. This could be good experience for your weakest of partners though.

What will you do?
    Wes’s head sunk further into his arms as he felt his worries wash away like footprints in the electro-charged sand. Even The Situation was less frantic than usual, the harsh sun’s rays coating his rubbery skin with a golden glow. Wes offered the lizard suncream as he rubbed the white lotion up and down his arms – Scraggy shaking his head in protest. Sitch knew his dream tan would suffer with a high-factor cream, throwing the sun reflector over his torso once more. Whilst Wes couldn’t have picked a better day for a seaside vacation, there was still one thing keeping him from a midday snooze. Every minute or so flecks of cold salt spray hit the trainer’s face, the tangy taste of seawater causing him to squint and turn in disgust. As more water tipped out of the pail, the more the Karp would struggle to breathe – his supply of fresh water would need replenishing in the next hour or so. Wes grumbled, clapping his ears in efforts to block out all noise for at least five minutes. With his eyes shut tight he couldn’t see or hear, but he sensed something wide and tall suddenly block his view of the sun.

“Hey you! You think you’re lord of the beach or something?” Wes squinted ahead weakly, grumpily uttering something under his breath as he tried to spot the cause of the commotion. Stood blocking the sun was a tall and tanned bodybuilder whose pecks seemed to dance spontaneously. The in comparison scrawny teenager suddenly felt overcome with intimidation, wondering if he’d done anything to offend the towering hunk. Before he could really take any of it in, much less come up with a response, the guido continued, “I've seen you going on about with that smug grin like you're the best or something... showing off those golden scales like they're all that special. You think you're the hottest Magikarp on this beach? Well, my Magikarp has something to say about that! You show me what you're made of, punk!"

“Golden scales?” Wes asked himself, shifting his body so he was sat upright. It finally sunk in that the guido was directing his resentment at Guppy. The kid snorted, looking over at the shiny carp who flopped idly in his shallow bucket. This guy had obviously been out in the sun too long, but Wes was sure willing to entertain him. Guppy was the weakest of his squad by a long shot - maybe this would be a training opportunity in discuise. He scrambled to his feet, Sitch crawling up his back and onto his shoulder. Wes looked down at the Magikarp who’s shiny scales were starting to dry out in the intense heat. The pre-battle nerves were barely kicking in as he stretched an arm toward the guido with a cocky grin.

“You’re on!” Wes snubbed confidently, “I’ll even give you the first move”

FB
    Last edited by Emp; 4th June 2012 at 7:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: With danger quite literally looming over the three travellers, and Chong’s prized banjo snapped like a matchstick by the gargantuan Cradily, you find yourself at odds with your conscience. It would be easy enough to run away and forget the whole ordeal had ever happened, but then you’d have the blood of the three hippies on your hands, and god knows how many more honeymooners who’d dared to swim in the not-so romantic lagoon. Your trainer instincts kick in finally as you send Sothe and Orcharist into battle – the latter of which was still fast asleep. Fingering a blue spray bottle you point the nozzle toward the bank, squirting vapour onto the water’s surface which quickly dilutes around Sothe: alerting her to the fight ahead. The seamonster’s hungry growling is quickly cut short by Sothe who spits off a salvo of Seed Bombs, the barrage exploding against the foe’s tentacles leaving only a few light scratches on its rock-hard skin.

“MAKE LOVE, NOT BOMBS!” Moku exclaims in his Sweet Scent-induced daze. The Cradily wobbles as though shaking off the hit, bending his neck to face the lizard and spitting off a vat of Acid. The substance spurts through the air - Sothe agile enough to leap out of the way – leaving the corrosive substance to melt through the rock he’d just been stood on. Slightly delayed due to weariness, Orcharist reels her head back before slinging forward, her fangs dripping with Toxic as he latches onto the plant’s neck. With her flexible jaw stretched a good 180 degrees, she just manages to penetrate the plant’s solid hide before injecting her venom. Whilst slow to react, the giant flower bends to the source of pain and ravels its thick vines around the snake’s body for a tight Constrict. Orcharist screeches in pain as the appendages rip her from the plant’s neck, squeezing her tighter and tighter... Sothe leaps into action faster than ever before, filled with fury as his leaf blades flicker forest green. Diving towards his ally he crosses his arms in an x-motion Cutting into the purple vines and forcing them slacken enough for Orcharist to slip free. After a lucky escape the anaconda has no time to relax, purple sparks flying up and down her body as she lets off a Venoshock. The attack arcs into the seamonster, adding insult to injury thanks to its poisonous infliction. Still looking barely phased by the shower of attacks, the Cradily flicks two of its tentacles into the reptilian Pokémon – sending them both back a few feet for another Astonishing hit. The fossil suddenly winces as poison enters its bloodstream, a silver lining to a pretty harsh round. What will you do?
    As expected, this fight certainly didn't look like it was going to be easy by all means. Cradily already have gargantuan defenses as is, and it could easily sponge up a lot of punishment like it was nothing. The sheer size of this behemoth made it a considerable offensive threat as well, inflicting solid damage even with the weakest of attacks. Balmund knew he had to be very watchful of its movements as a single Acid attack from that thing was very likely to cripple one of his Pokémon in a single shot. On the bright side, Balmund could see that Orchrist had managed to poison the beast effectively, and he knew her toxins would do the trick regardess of its size. What was needed to do now was to push even harder, hitting back much more fiercely than it would do to them; and they would have to work more as a team for that. If it behaved like any other normal predator would, Balmund was sure Cradily would eventually give up and leave; he just had to be more stubborn than its hunger.

"Sothe, retaliate with your Dragonbreath! Chris, create some cover with your Haze! Then overwhelm him you both with an explosive barrage: Seed Bomb and Sludge Bomb!" Balmund quickly commanded to his Pokémon as they recovered from the monster's quick and astonishing jabs. He was hoping to both inflic as much damage as he could, while also minimizing what it would do in return. Hopefully, the bombs would all land on their rather big mark, and their number would help confuse it should it try to locate the exact source of the attacks through the haze. If anything, Balmund was counting on at least buying some time as he moved towards the hippie trio to check out if they were physically all right.
    Last edited by Balmund; 5th June 2012 at 1:38 AM. Reason: Grammar

Default Prologue: On the Shallows of the Coral Reef...

East Coast
    By far the most popular tourist destination spot, the East Coast of Whale Island seems to be constantly abuzz with activity both day and night. Unfortunately the downside to this is the crime rate has risen so be sure to keep an eye out for the con artists and thieves who are looking to swindle unsuspecting travellers out of their holiday spending money. Despite this downside the east coast is a great place to holiday, especially if you're looking to make the most of daytime and night time entertainment.

Rainbow Reef: One of Whale Island's most remarkable natural gifts, Rainbow Reef is blessed with the breathtaking beauty of one of the world's largest coral reefs containing an abundance of marine life. Whether snorkelling or diving, you're sure to become immersed by this wonderful underwater world.
    "Brunhilde dear... This is a lot more than I could have ever imagined..." Said the Trainer, as his eyes gazed upon the endless ocean, completely blue and crystalline, as if reflecting the cloudless heavens that stood above, motionless, as if the wind had but paused and stopped completely, rendering the ever moving seas to a complete cease of all action. However, it all seemed very much alive, the deep blue seeming to welcome yet another explorer into it's depths, ready to reveal the mysteries that lay beneath the waves to those brave enough to inquire what lies under the azure divide of the great ocean. From that lonely sand bank upon which he stood, alongside his trusty companion, Brunhilde, he began to remember all that he had passed through in order to finally realize his dream of exploring the world. Ever thankful he stood, for he had a chance unique among his companions, he was one of the few Trainers that dared to venture out of the endless winter of Fendel, and with the blessings of his parents, he marched across the storm and the cold, only to find a brave new world waiting to be explored, just outside the barrier of snow and wind that seemingly enclosed the great metropolis from the outside world. Indeed, the world he had read all about in his books, the dreams he had on those endless nights on the National Library, it was all finally coming together, and it was all his to grasp.

Just as he was about to engage once more into his daydreaming, Brunhilde, his Spheal, let out a rousing cry that soon restored him to his senses. Kneeling down to pet his trusty companion, he then turned around, and took a good look upon Seaside City, which was not so far from his location, and seemed to await his return with open arms. However, our Trainer had other ideas about his stay on Whale Island. Indeed, he had breezed through Seaside City on his way to the legendary Rainbow Reef, perhaps dedicating too little time to the attractions the City had to offer, but his goal was set; he had read about the variety of Pokemon, and about the legends of ancient civilizations that once thrived all across Whale Island, and he had chosen the locale where he would start to dig and unravel the mysteries of those that had come before him. The present and the future, both sought to call on his attention, but all our Trainer focused on was the past.

Clad in scuba gear, and clearly prepared for whatever lay ahead of him, he gave a step forward, as his feet sank on the crystal clear waters of the Rainbow Reef, clearly ready to initiate his quest. "Hilde... Don't be afraid, the beauty of this great azure that stands before us is but ours to explore, so stand by me, and let us see to our dreams! Let us see firsthand what a true adventure is!" He declared, just as he began to advance deeper into the water, his Spheal followed, bravely, despite her poor form as a swimmer, and kept her pace until they were both under the azure waves of the sea. Leaving the safety of the shallows, and finally leaping into the field, he knew the world he was abandoning, he knew books would no longer continue to hold him back. He knew his imagination would no longer be the only place where he could realize his dreams. He was prepared to lounge into the world he wished to explore, and his companion, a noble Spheal, was also prepared to stand beside him. As he continued to swim towards the Reef, he thougth to himself: "It is time, Captain. We shall be the ones to penn our legends, by act of our own hand, and account of our own deeds... The prologue to our tale is finally over... It is time for the first act of our tale, a tale of great discoveries and solved mysteries awaits!"

Last edited by xXKratosAurionXx; 5th June 2012 at 12:09 AM.
    [水]
    Former OSL Gym Leader

"Hear my call and arise before me..."
    Fizzy Bubbles

Ampere Beach

Despite the somewhat competitive edge of the task at hand Andy actually felt quite relaxed as he watched his lure bob around in the sea.
    Ocassionally he would glance over to Hyrem so see how his new acquaintance was faring, he couldn't help but notice a hint of disappointment on the other Trainer's face when he pulled his line back up without a catch. It was only then that Andy realised he'd yet to have a bite on his either and concluded that he too must be doing something wrong.

"Maybe this isn't as easy as the Captain made it look" Andy said with a resigned sigh as he reeled his line back up onto the boat and sat for a moment to rethink his plan of attack.
    "Maybe this thing looks too out of place in the water," He said to himself, removing the Yanma-like lure from his line and studying it carefully, "perhaps I should go for something more... natural looking."

Taking the Seaweed lure from his fishing supplies, he was about to attach it to the line when another thought struck him.

"If this was just a regular piece of seaweed it would float to the top of the water, so maybe I should use a shorter line too." His thoughts certainly seemed to make sense to him, "No ocean dweller would even think twice about coming up to nibble on a bit of loose seaweed. Why would they?" If he had a moustache, Andy would have certainly been twirling it like a diabolical old movie villain as this new scheme hatched in his mind.

Unthreading the old line, Andy set to work attaching the Short-Length Line and the Seaweed Lure to his rod. All the while Tsar silently floated over his Trainer's shoulder, watching and analysing the situation.

"Same plan as before Tsar," Andy said to his Pokemon, "When I pull something out, hit it with a Confusion before it has time to realise what's going on and react."

Finally finishing with his threading, Andy stepped back up to the side of the boat, casting another glance over to Hyrem, who looked like he was ready to have another attempt too.
    "Better luck this time, eh?" Andy said as he pulled himself back, then flung his rod forward, casting to line back into the briney depths.

- - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

The Caverns

Celebii: With an overwhelming type advantage all the cards seemed to play in your favour. The vampire bat flutters lop-sidedly, one of his wings limp from the salvo of attacks. Larry pants as his shiny metal hide fogs up with condensation, he was looking about as fatigued as the Golbat was beat up! Pulling out all the stops you set your little Aron onto the Golbat once more, the iron monster spinning in place as he sharpens his attack. The Swords Dance makes quick work in dispersing the haze, giving Larry a good view of his target. Golbat swoops forward in the meantime, trying again to Bite into the Iron Armour Pokémon whilst only managing to chip another fang. The bat reels back in pain as Aron scrapes his foot on the loamy earth, flames combusting up his body as he Charges forward. Crashing into the back of the bat’s mouth with a large BOOM, you fan away the smoke to see ahead. Larry stumbles out of the comatose foe’s chops looking exhausted Level-Up for Larry With your first battle a sweet success it was time to press on. Squinting to see further than a foot ahead in the pitch-black you call on the help of Bounce. The piglet lives up to his namesake as he springs out of his Pokéball in a flash of white light before idly hopping on the spot like a pogo stick. Oinking enthusiastically, the Spoink’s pearl Flashes a neon pink, lighting of the slimy walls glimmering like wet tar. Curiously, just a stretch further was a set of rickety looking tracks which appeared to snake off far down the tunnel. At the foot of the track was a mine cart which looked stable enough – you can’t help wondering if it was used to ferry hefty amounts of gold based on Laguna’s folklaw. This theory is quickly confirmed as you take a closer look into the contents of wooden cart, finding a crumpled Treasure Map within. The dusty map shows a fork in the railroad, one of the paths leading to an ‘X’ and the others leading to certain death... Will you turn back or take a ride of adventure and untold riches?
    Cele heard and smelled as Larry repelled the thick Haze with his Swords Dance, while the Golbat attempted an ineffective Bite. Larry then furiously finished the Golbat off with a powerful Flame Charge, which knocked the Golbat off his balance, as it fell to the ground, clearly knocked out. “Yeah Larry! Excellent work! You just won your first wild Pokemon battle, and against an evolved for, no less!” Cele praised Larry, though he still couldn’t see him. Boing carried out his objective, his pearl beginning to glow bright pink, lighting up the pitch-black cavern, allowing Cele, Neptune and Boing to see the surroundings. The walls of the Cavern glowed as a slimy substance covered them, not much different than wet tar. “Ugh, that’s nasty.” A voice says in Cele’s head. “What was that?” Cele calls out. Boing happily jumps up and down, and the voice says. “It was me!” “Whoa, Boing, you learned telepathy? Awesome!” Say the word ‘telepathy’ in my head. “Tele-“ the voice is cut off. “Tele-“ once again cut off. “Hmm, I guess you can only say up two syllable words. Your Psychic Powers are getting stronger.” Cele observed.

After they walked for what seemed to be an hour, watching Larry eat multiple rocks they came across a rickety old mine cart on some rails. Cele wondered why in the world it could be here, of all places. “Maybe it’s for treasure?” Boing says into his mind. “Yeah, that’s gotta be it. They used this mine cart to carry large amounts of gold back and forth, just like in the legends of Laguna.” Cele said. He gets closer to the mysterious mine cart, before he sees a paper inside it. Picking it up, and blowing the unusual amount of dust off, he shines some of Boing’s light on the sheet, discovering that it is in fact, a treasure map. Somewhere down this railroad line, the path splits, with one path apparently leading to an ‘X’, with the other two heading towards a rocky doom and a vicious monster, respectively. Cele quickly deciphers the erratic path, deciding that Path A would be the one to get you to the X. “Neptune, Boing, Larry, take a look at this map we found.” Cele says. Neptune takes it, having the longest arms, and holds it up for the rest of the team to see. Neptune’s eyes sparkle in realization of what it is, and so do Boing’s. Larry merely hopes that they’ll be more Pokemon to battle and rocks to chew on as he takes a bit out of the rails, thankfully, not such an important part of it. “Larry, stop that!” Cele scolds him. Cele begins to talk again. “Gang, let’s go find some treasure!” Cele puts Neptune, Boing and Larry inside the mine cart, and thankfully, there is still enough space for him. He pushes the mine cart, and quickly leaps inside as it starts to move, not even able to imagine the kind of riches that await him down this line...

Raising Larry from Lv.7 to Lv.8
    Last edited by FlashFusion; 5th June 2012 at 4:44 AM.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 9

Woohoo! About time I posted something! I'm sorry if the quality has decayed a bit, but I've decided to adopt a more rapid-fire style of writing for the sake of speed. Allow me to remind you all that I allow all of you up to three moves per Pokémon (use of items counts as a move, unless it's a hold item like a berry). Also, jolteonjak, please remember to link to your stats on all posts over here. As per usual, anyone not updated will be moved on to the next batch (sorry emp!). Thanks, apologies for the delay, and enjoy!

MarbleZone: It didn't matter to you that you weren't a member of the public order group, or that you had absolutely no real battle experience to back you up; things like those were but little details best left unsaid and you were pretty confident in your ability to handle the situation before it got very ugly. Besides, it was only fitting to follow into your father's footsteps; he would certainly be proud.

Meeting up with the clerk, you introduce yourself and inquire about the current problem, looking as serious and professional as you could. At the very least, you had to look competent, and it would seem the young man was buying it.

"I could swear I already told that story to the lady over the phone!" exclaimed the young, freckled man with curly, ginger hair and a tag on his striped uniform with the name "Andrew" written over it. "Look, nobody else can find about this or our reputation will be ruined. There are Grimer in there and they're nasty, gross, and they're generally making a mess within one of our storage rooms. Luckily, they haven't moved on to the other one yet though. They couldn't have gotten there by themselves, some vile criminal must've done this. We pretty much hold an ice cream monopoly over this coast, so the boss has made a few enemies... but that doesnt matter right now; you have to take care of those Grimer! I think I saw at least three of them in there, and there may be a big one too. Honestly, they don't pay me nearly enough to be stressing over this, but the rent's overdue and if this escalates any further I'm toast! Help me, man! Can you really handle this?

What will you do?

Charminions: You lose your composure as you are greeted by the young and cute receptionist, suddenly turning red and shy. It would seem women were your weakness, but you still manage to ask her regarding the classes being offered at the facility.

"Oh, you're here for those?" she asked a tad surprised as she gauged you both. It would seem you didn't quite strike her as the wrestling types. "Well yes, we are offering free classes for beginners. It's mostly a taste of what it's like being in the ring, how to properly pull off some stunts without hurting yourself (too much), how to do some holds and throws, and how to build your on-stage character. If you like it you can sign up for weekly sessions, and if you're ever disatisfied we'll give you back your money! Many people bring in their Fighting-type Pokémon as they feel right at home in this place, but all kinds of Pokémon are welcome, even limbless ones believe it or not. I'd bet your Combusken will love, and he'll definitely learn a thing or two here. The Maestro Bucanero Blanco is taking care of all new entrants, I can take you to him right away, you're just in time. Quick question, you're both gonna give it a try, or is it just your Pokémon? Because if you are, then I'd kinda need you to sign this waiver... you know, in case you get seriously hurt."

Guess nothing is truly free in this world, but there is no gain without pain, and in pro-wrestling there certainly is pain and a lot of gain.

What will you do?

::Laguna Lake::

treecko's awesomeness: Finding yourselves suddenly attacked by a frenzied Spearow, and believing escape to not be an option, you choose to fight back, despite the obvious disadvantage. You issue orders to you partner who quickly takes action, Leering intensely to the angry bird who Growls menacingly in return; the attacks effectively canceling each other out as both Pokémon display equal strength of spirit. An instant later, Nav leaps into the air as the Spearow swoops down low enough, arm and beak clashing against each other as Nav's Pound matches Spearow's Peck; both Pokémon flying back from the impact as a result. Nav seems to have gotten the worse by far form the exchange, but at least Spearow did not come out unscathed either as it found itself grounded as a result. Perhaps now would be the best time to inflict some real damage before it takes flight again.

What will you do?

jolteonjak: You found inspiration for your next set of orders seeing how things went during the previous round. Calling your Pokémon back to you try to explain in secret your new elaborate maneouver, much to the Wooper's confusion who wondered just who the heck you thought you were to be calling a time out mid-fight. Explaining your orders, you send your Pokémon back into the fray, only to have them both meet with a Water Gun to the face as soon as they turn back around. Running to Heracross's aid, you quickly spray a Potion over him to ease up some of the damage taken, though it did little to cure his pride; the horned beetle Leering to the Wooper with all of his bitter resentment in return. The mud-fish seemed unphased by the move at this point though, having gained a lot of confidence after ridiculing your Heracross like that, and instead, they both fire a Water Gun at him, adding injury to insult. They seemed to have forgotten about Cyndaquil again, who quickly runs up Heracross's back, jumping high into the air, and pulling every last bit of his limited Grass energy to fire off another Hidden Power. Though the amount of orbs weren't nearly as many as before, the attacks still seems to be greatly effective as they were directed to the same Wooper who had suffered from that attack first. Heracross tops it off, getting some sweet revenge as he uses the last of his own Rock energy, to summon forth another Stone Edge, spreading them over the both Wooper as the jagged stone projectiles land their mark. Though the attack was resisted, you could tell it still hurt. They aren't going to leave it at that though, as they counter once again, the wounded Wooper squirting a final Water Gun to Heracross while the other changes it up a bit with a Mud Shot on Cyndaquil, nailing his other weakness while bathing the poor fire-mouse in mud. The Wooper certainly seemed to have gotten the upper hand over you Pokémon this time around, but one of them looks really weakened by now, and perhaps now is the time to capitalize on this once and for all.

What will you do?

::Raikou's Effigy::

Nightfall715: You scream to the man when you see his Pokémon not using he had ordered as expected. "B-but, I just commander her to do so!" he complained startled by your comment, and indeed, Panpour wastes not a second more as she provides your Houndour with some much need support, blasting the Bidoof right next to him with a strong blast of water from her tail with her Water Gun; the normal type yelping as it is sent flying into a nearby tree. Truly, a bad day for Beiber, but Lucifer seemed to appreciate the help, and he Howls in celebration, boosting his confidence and offensive prowess while also pumping Mimi up; the Bidoof in turn feeling completely demoralized and intimidated.

"Dammit Justin, snap out of it! Tackle that monkey, tackle it!" One man screamed and pleaded to the other Bidoof, who looked very hesitant to attack having just been fred from a terrifying flame tornado and witnessing his partner beaten up before its eyes. As Beiber incorporates back up to its feet though, they both gain just enough confidence to attack again, rushing towards your team intent on given them the hardest Tackle they could muster. Lucifer looks troubled by your order to Tackle them in return, the fiery pup not being too familiar with the attack at all, but after quickly glancing over to the Water-type who gives him a quick approving nod in return, he decides to use an attack of his own with which he was very familiar, bathing the charging Beiber with a spray of Embers while Mimi simultaneously quirts another Water Gun to Justin. It took some nerve for the Houndour to outright disobey you, but the attacks were effective at bringing the Bidoof to a halt, and luckily, the fire-attack was just weak enough to not be starting a forest fire anytime soon now thanks to the humidity in the air and the now moist ground from Mimi's Water Sport. Much to your surprise though, the Bidoof still had some fight on them, and shaking off your attacks they quickly incorporate themselves back up before rushing again to your team, both of them ramming against Mimi and Lucifer each with a Tackle. Those were gutsy Bidoof's alright, though probably one more round of all out attacks will do the trick to take them out.

What will you do?

Marion Ette: You admit to be suffering from a terrible case of amnesia to what is apparently your partner. It was only fitting after what you could deduce must've been quite an episode, and it wasn't far from the truth anyways as you indeed knew very little about your new self. Gastly seems deep in thought after listening to your words, carefully looking at you as if trying to figure out if this was a joke or not on your part.

"You don't remember anything, you said? Oh dear, well this is a problem." He said after a pause. "If you don't remember any of the things that made you the person I know, then who are you anymore? You don't even remember me, Kikyo?" A part of you is shaken as he says this. You could feel that this Gastly was very familiar to you somehow, close even. It's a strange feeling towards a being you don't really know anything of, but it was a love you could relate to the one you yourself felt for your dear Banette; a feeling that trascended the conciousness of the former soul of your current body and remained even now with its new host. You could feel his name on the tip of your tongue -you knew you knew it, and yet, it just didn't come out at all; the mental block not easing up on your mind just yet.

"Doesn't matter, you could simply call me Gastly for before you that is what I am," he continued, "and I wouldn't say were here on a 'job' either. You're were always drawn to places like these out of pure curiosity. You can still feel it, can you?" He looks up to the top of the lighthouse. "The aura it gives, so ominous, like staring into a cave were you just know ravenous Ursaring await you." He looks back to you, this time with a wide grin on its face. "The danger... doesn't it excite you? The you I remember was always more of a daredevil at heart than a saint, that's for sure. Ah, I remember that phase of yours were you always dreamed of becoming a pro-wrestling diva..." he said sounding nostalgic, "doesn't that ring a bell to you?"

You struggle to remember if that random last bit was actually true, but soon enough you suddenly hear Gastly start laughing out loud with a creepy yet oddly charming otherwordly laugh Gastlies have. "The look on your face! You really don't remember anything. Word of advice for the new you, take my words with a grain of salt and get used to me messing with you at all times." He chuckled. "You don't need to remember much, just be yourself, Kikyo. I swore I would always be with you in all of your forms, that much is true. I'll deal with the consequences of this mishap in due time."

You could feel an honest sentiment behind those last few lines. Gastly may not be all that helpful at helping you awaken your memories, but at the very least you could feel safe with him. "Well, we 'have a job to do' now, yes?" he finally said, encouraging you to venture forward into the building. Before you take as much as a single step though, you see the lighthouse's metallic door open all by itself before you. An old man emerges from within the darkness inside the lighthouse, wearing a tattered gray uniform and bearing a robust and thick moustache to match his long and shaggy hair. His skin looked exceptionally darker than yours, mostly out of accumulated dirt from days, if not weeks, of him not properly looking after himself, and he had a stench to match his appearance too. Looking into his face you notice his left eye is completely blank, whereas his right one was already starting to fog out as well. As you see him holding to his wooden rod, you figure he might be greatly handicapped if not outright blind. More than anything his mere presence was a surprise all by itself; wasn't this place supposed to be unmanned?

"Who are you?" The man asks flat and demandingly, his expression looking stern and stout.

What will you do?

::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

Mon1010: Normally you would be more than eager to jump in at the mention of a Pokémon battle, but this time was different, and you make it pretty clear that you had no intention to duel against a drunken scumbag like Tony. Shaana however didn't quite share your feelings, as she herself went up to Tony, looking at him with determined eyes and muttering something which was probably not suitable for little children to hear, but thankfully they could not understand. How bold!

"Heh, it looks like your little doll has more guts than you." He laughed out loud. "I'll rip you to shreds." He then muttered between his teeth to the small Psychic-type, backing off a few steps before releasing his Pokémon, a Timburr forming in a flash of light, and you could tell by the look on its face that it wasn't quite happy to be out right now.

"Dude, just cut it off, man," pleaded Pete. "You're making a fool of yourself right now."

"No, you know what? Leave him be Pete." Alice responded. "Sometimes, you just gotta let an idiot be an idiot, you know?"

"Are you serious? My Pokémon ain't gonna lose to that pansy!" Tony snapped. "He'd better not lose." He glared threateningly to his own Pokémon, who just silently nodded. "Now, Pound that thing black and blue!" He commanded, not even waiting to see if you were up to it. There's no turning back now, is it? You do have quite an advantage type-wise, though it's probably unwise to fight in the middle of the restaurant.

What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 16th June 2012 at 7:44 PM. Reason: Grammar

Seaside City

Rotom310: New to Whale Island’s capital city and raring for adventure, you find yourself in the lobby of a highroller hotel – nestled in the centre of the big city’s financial district. Salazar wraps around your neck like a boa scarf, hissing contently in the tropical atmosphere. Ready as you’ll ever be you push through a set of revolving doors, the tranquil lobby music quickly substituted by the racket of a bustling city! Yellow cabs speed past, carelessly spraying puddles at your feet – everyone had somewhere to be with the local commuters chaotically shoving past. Wingull swoop overhead, perching on skyscraper ledges whilst a pack of Poochyena scamper down the street with the catch of the day. It was rush hour and there was no end to the goings-on of the big city. You trip back, edging towards the hotel steps with no clear sense of direction. The bellhop dashes to your attention, you must’ve stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the business folk hurrying down the busy main street.

“Y’know, there are two ways to get around here. The Open-top Bus is a carefree way to see the sights from above, whilst the Subway will get you from A to B in no time. Just be wary of the underground battling circuit and any electric types that live under there...” Caught between two modes of transport, what will you do?
    Ack, I really need to go respond to updates >.< So sorry I've been neglecting this; I'll try to be more diligent at responding in the future, if you're still willing to update me that is.

As for the reply, I didn't know how much continuation would be considered self-updating but I didn't want to just end with the reply to the bellboy, so I decided to go halfway and stop. Hope that's alright ^-^;;

Stepping out into the city, Drew was once again assulted by the varying noises that came with the area. All around him there were commuters shoving each other out of the way while simultaneously getting splashed by the traffic out in the streets. Adding to the noise were the various Pokémon who inhabited the streets, such as the pack of Poochyena who weaved their way through the crowd carrying something Drew failed to identify.

Around his neck Salazar hissed in frustration as his attempted nap was brought to a screeching halt, while Stealth merely took one look at the busy street and took the liberty of recalling himself to his Pokéball. Personally the trainer almost wished he could do the same as he edged back to the hotel. Sure, he was used to large crowds from living in Castelia when not on-sight for a shoot, but man, he never remembered crowds being quite as large as this.

It was soon apparent to Drew that his surprise was quite visible, as a bellhop dashed over to him. “Y’know, there are two ways to get around here," the bellhop said. "The Open-top Bus is a carefree way to see the sights from above, whilst the Subway will get you from A to B in no time. Just be wary of the underground battling circuit and any electric types that live under there...”

In the back of his mind Drew realized the bellhop must've guessed he didn't know where he was going (which wasn't entire false, Drew grudgingly admitted to himself), but he ignored that, welcome for a distraction. "I actually had been planning to walk to the shoot but," - he glanced at his wrist watch - "it looks like the Subway might be the better option. Thanks for the help."

Finishing his conversation with the bellboy Drew turned and stepped out into the rush hour commute. He figured sooner or later he'd run into a subway entrance; hopefully sooner Drew thought as he glanced again at his watch.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast