Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 698

Thread: Whale Island's Recorded History

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    The Caverns

    Celebii: As you make your way down the dimly lit tunnels the rumours of pirates and hidden treasure are quickly confirmed by old mine cart on a rickety track. Larry gnaws at the metal rails having worked up quite an appetite after a big fight. Blowing dust off the old treasure map inside, your spirit for adventure coaxes you into finding what exactly lay under the red ‘X’. Neptune shares your enthusiasm, his eyes lighting up greedily whilst Larry continues to feast on the track. Reprimanding the little beast you drop him into the cart with a clunk, Squirtle eagerly jumping in tow whilst Spoink bounces to the head of the cart in order to light the way. Testing its sturdiness one last time with your hands, you lean into it with all your weight until the wheels suddenly start to turn, making sure to take it down the right path as the railroad forked into three directions. Picking up pace fast you franticly scramble into the cart, landing on Larry quite painfully as the vehicle gained speed. Holding the map tight you stare on at the dark tunnel on a steady decline, your heart racing as it picks up more speed. You can’t help but wonder what had crossed your mind as the cart rickets against the poorly constructed track – it would’ve been more sensible to have followed the track on foot but there was no going back at this point. Suddenly, the end of the tunnel comes into view as you all scream in unison like you’d been thrown on Phantom Isle’s Rollerquaza without a harness. Opening your eyes you look in both fear and awe at the huge cave opening mazed with rail tracks which were held up by a stilted foundation. There were hundreds of Golbat clinging to the ceiling, you prey they wouldn’t harass you like the one before. The cart spirals down one of the tracks gaining even more speed than you could imagine, speeding back in-and-out of one of the dark tunnels and back into a room like before. Any remaining feeling of safety quickly slides away though as you spot an upcoming gap in the tracks - breaking off into a perilous drop as water swashed around the sharp rocks below. The gap was only a few feet, but with no way of leaving the cart you didn’t have long to hatch a plan! What will you do?!
    Cele, with his natural paranoia and sense of safety, tests the mine cart once again before he sets off into the darkness, Neptune, Boing and Larry in tow. His mind races with the thought of having unimaginable riches, and having a great story to tell the next time he went to the Bar. He is also thrilled at the idea of having an adventure, and he doesn't even notice when the ride picks up a great amount of speed from the natural pull of gravity. Cele covers his mouth with his hand when he starts feeling a bit of motion sickness coming on. He quickly clears his head for the sake of the treasure, picking up the Treasure Map he couldn't afford to lose.

    After a while, the path of the mine cart forked, just like on the Map. There were three split paths and Cele leaned towards the correct direction, the mine cart shifting in that direction as well as Cele successfully docked on to it. He sighed with relief, knowing that he had avoided certain death, as Neptune and Boing sigh too. Larry is still eyeing the rock walls, looking as if he could jump out to take a bite at anytime. Cele just had to laugh a bit at this, and Larry quicky regained his composure. The ride continued in silence as all four of them just stare and wonder what might come next.

    Eventually, the rickety mine cart reaches the end of the tunnel and the quartet find themselves in an amazing complex of rail tracks, all of them being held up by a stilted foundation, which seemed sturdy enough to hold all their combined weight. Cele was feeling good about this journey. He noticed the mass amount of Golbat hanging upside down from the craggy ceiling, and heard Larry growl fiercely, recalling his previous experience with these creatures. To Cele's relief, they just eye him warily and make no move whatsoever, and he passes peacefully by. The mine cart had begun to pick up more speed now, and it spiralled down the path. Cele was feeling the thrill, but then his excitement was soon cut off.

    Cele had caught sight of something that put a damper in his idea of a safe and peaceful mine cart ride. A few feet down the line, there was a substansial gap in the rails. Looking down, he notices a shallow pool of water under it, complete with sharp rocks for certain doom. Cele began to panic; the gap was only a few feet wide, but what could he do? A few seconds fom now he'd be nothing but a legend in Laguna folklaw. He could see the headlines now. '13-year old boy found dead inside secret cavern'. And to top it of, the next adventurers to come here would get the treasure he so much desired. "Eureka!" Cele screamed, having thought of a plan. "Neptune, use your Surf to make a wave with the water below. The wave should boost us over the gap. "Boing, use Psychic to help steady the cart and boost us over." Cele knew this plan was crazy, but he was desperate...
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  2. #277
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: Not wishing for Shell to be grinded into turtle soup, you quickly switch to defensive manoeuvres. Shell’s wounded foot bobs limply as the rest of his limbs pick up the load, he wasn’t out of it just yet. Another round of orders are shot and the redhead chants encouragingly, your confidence shaking as the carnivorous fish snakes forward. With another sniff of fresh blood it charges into a Take Down – the Squirtle quickly countering by Yawning up a stream of pink bubbles. The suds burst against the Carvanha’s rough skin as he tumbles into Shell’s torso, losing some momentum to ease the damage. The two break apart again, with the piranha now circling his prey in hopes of detecting a weak spot. The turtle doggedly tucks into his shell, creating an Aqua Ring around his carapace before popping back out, Carvanha now closing in for another Bite. Gnawing on his head this time, Shell instinctively withdraws to free himself, looking a bit worse for wear as the turquoise spheres orbit around him. Finishing off he waves his stubby arms upward, pulling the two toward the surface and into a tide. Surfs up! The wave curls with Carvanha trapped in the current, sending him back into the lagoon with a crash. It’s not very effective, but the fish still looks cross from being thrown about. He dips in for another bite, only to slip out of consciousness courtesy of yawn. Shell cheers as one of the aqua spheres breaks from the ring, replenishing his health some. With the predator snoozing you had an open shot, better make it count!
    Rob looked as the Carvahna got engulfed in the wave caused by Shell. With the fish being slightly thrown off by the attack, it tries to retaliate only to fall asleep in the process. "Yes! We are doing it Shell! Rob thought to himself as one of the orbs returned to it's owner, restoring Shell's health slightly. With the fish now in a slumber, it was the perfect opportunity for Shell to try attacking once again.

    "You are doing amazing Shell!" The trainer tried to think of the perfect way for Shell's power to be used to do some more damage on the fish before it woke up again, though it would be risky for Shell if he woke up, he knew that this was probably going to be their only chance. "Use the hardest Rock Smash you can possibly do! After that, ram into that Carvahna with an Aqua Jet!" Rob quickly readied an empty Pokéball [2 of 5] to throw at the fish after the assault.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default My soul is so much freer now than it was then. Free to hate. Free to love.

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: You admit to be suffering from a terrible case of amnesia to what is apparently your partner. It was only fitting after what you could deduce must've been quite an episode, and it wasn't far from the truth anyways as you indeed knew very little about your new self. Gastly seems deep in thought after listening to your words, carefully looking at you as if trying to figure out if this was a joke or not on your part.

    "You don't remember anything, you said? Oh dear, well this is a problem." He said after a pause. "If you don't remember any of the things that made you the person I know, then who are you anymore? You don't even remember me, Kikyo?" A part of you is shaken as he says this. You could feel that this Gastly was very familiar to you somehow, close even. It's a strange feeling towards a being you don't really know anything of, but it was a love you could relate to the one you yourself felt for your dear Banette; a feeling that trascended the conciousness of the former soul of your current body and remained even now with its new host. You could feel his name on the tip of your tongue -you knew you knew it, and yet, it just didn't come out at all; the mental block not easing up on your mind just yet.

    "Doesn't matter, you could simply call me Gastly for before you that is what I am," he continued, "and I wouldn't say were here on a 'job' either. You're were always drawn to places like these out of pure curiosity. You can still feel it, can you?" He looks up to the top of the lighthouse. "The aura it gives, so ominous, like staring into a cave were you just know ravenous Ursaring await you." He looks back to you, this time with a wide grin on its face. "The danger... doesn't it excite you? The you I remember was always more of a daredevil at heart than a saint, that's for sure. Ah, I remember that phase of yours were you always dreamed of becoming a pro-wrestling diva..." he said sounding nostalgic, "doesn't that ring a bell to you?"

    You struggle to remember if that random last bit was actually true, but soon enough you suddenly hear Gastly start laughing out loud with a creepy yet oddly charming otherwordly laugh Gastlies have. "The look on your face! You really don't remember anything. Word of advice for the new you, take my words with a grain of salt and get used to me messing with you at all times." He chuckled. "You don't need to remember much, just be yourself, Kikyo. I swore I would always be with you in all of your forms, that much is true. I'll deal with the consequences of this mishap in due time."

    You could feel an honest sentiment behind those last few lines. Gastly may not be all that helpful at helping you awaken your memories, but at the very least you could feel safe with him. "Well, we 'have a job to do' now, yes?" he finally said, encouraging you to venture forward into the building. Before you take as much as a single step though, you see the lighthouse's metallic door open all by itself before you. An old man emerges from within the darkness inside the lighthouse, wearing a tattered gray uniform and bearing a robust and thick moustache to match his long and shaggy hair. His skin looked exceptionally darker than yours, mostly out of accumulated dirt from days, if not weeks, of him not properly looking after himself, and he had a stench to match his appearance too. Looking into his face you notice his left eye is completely blank, whereas his right one was already starting to fog out as well. As you see him holding to his wooden rod, you figure he might be greatly handicapped if not outright blind. More than anything his mere presence was a surprise all by itself; wasn't this place supposed to be unmanned?

    "Who are you?" The man asks flat and demandingly, his expression looking stern and stout.

    What will you do?
    "If you don't remember any of the things that made you the person I know, then who are you anymore? You don't even remember me, Kikyo?"

    The Gastly's words strike a chord with Marion. Did Gastly realize the strong implication of his question? Did he know that his beloved Kikyo was now another person? Certainly, he knew that whoever she was, without her memories, she would not be the same. It's funny how much our past defines us. Our memories really make us who we are, don't they... Normally, a thought like this in Marion's head would plant itself deep into her brain and sprout countless, flowery musings, but Marion is distracted by the familiar feeling that seems to have taken root within this unfamiliar body. Despite the fact that foreign blood pumps through Marion's borrowed veins, her heart is still sensitive to the thoughts and feelings of ghost types, and the look the spirit gives her reminds her of her dear Minerva. No, this was more than mere transference... There was something deeper here, something more than merely being reminded of an old friend. Somehow, it was as if this Gastly was her old friend. In fact, she couldn't shake the feeling that she knew his name... It was on the tip of her tongue...

    "Even if my mind does not remember you, my heart remembers you, dearest friend." It was strange to Marion how honest that statement was, how earnestly it ushered forth from Kikyo's mouth. It reminded her of something Minerva said to her, a long time ago, when police found her grandparents dead in the basement. Minerva had given her a strange look as she watched her trainer cry, one she had not seen in Minerva's eyes before or since: "This world is full of ill-u-sions," she had said, in her typical, creepy stutter; "A person may not be real. The whole world, with all of its pro-mi-ses... it may not be real. That love, that fee-ling, deep with-in your-self... That is real. Maybe love is all there rea-lly is." Perhaps she was right... Even if everything around her was not real, these feelings deep within her towards this strange spectre were real, and that was what she needed to hold onto.

    Gastly's next statement, however, piques Marion's curiosity; his introduction sounds eerily similar to Haunter's. Was it possible that Haunter was now inhabiting the body of this Gastly? She wondered if this really could be him. Perhaps, it was him from the past... If it really is him, I wonder if he misses Kikyo. Speaking of eerie similarities, Kikyo's reason for coming to the Lighthouse, intense curiosity and daredevil tendencies also sounded very familiar. The pro-wrestling bit? Er... not so much... Marion giggled at the thought of wrestling in Kikyo's body, which translated into Kikyo's body chuckling, as well. "Haha, I can see it now... Those bulky muscleheads would be no match for my stealth and cunning. I could use my wit and charm to trick them into pinning themselves! Heh, I BETTER, or else I'll need to gain some bulk quickly!" At this, Marion (Kikyo?) breaks into a full laugh. Fortunately for Marion, it seems as if Gastly was also joking. Can't say I'm surprised... Rare to find a ghost type who doesn't like a good joke. Marion supposed she liked that about the type in general; nothing was ever too serious. Even if I'm not Kikyo, I think Gastly and I will get along just fine...

    Gastly mentions the fact that he will take the consequences for this mishap, and Kikyo's face breaks into a frown. "Oh, no... I would hate to see you get in trouble on my behalf. I will do what I can to make sure that doesn't happen." Marion tries her best to give the Gastly a reassuring smile, though she knows that she may be completely powerless to defend him. Even so, no matter WHAT body she was in, she always aimed to be the type of person who, when she was serious, really and truly meant what she said and said what she meant. It hurt enough to hide the fact that Kikyo's consciousness was that of another person from this Gastly who clearly loved her... at least, the her that used to be her.

    Gastly encourages "Kikyo" to venture forward; before she has the opportunity, however, an old man who appears to be developing cataracts emerges from the Lighthouse, demanding to know who she was. Good question, Marion thought to herself. "My name is Kikyo," Marion says, as politely and clearly as she can. "May I please come inside?" It was certainly strange that a man was living inside an unmanned lighthouse, though Marion remembered there being a bedroom of sorts when she had toured the Lighthouse as herself, before meeting Haunter. Besides, looks can be deceiving. For all Marion knew, this seemingly stern old man may have a giant, loving heart. Or, you know, he could secretly be a horrible demon disguised as a human... both possibilities seemed equally plausible at this point. Even so, no matter what he was, Marion decided that the best course of action would be to introduce herself, plainly and (semi) honestly, and see if perhaps the man would simply allow her and Gastly inside.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 8th June 2012 at 7:40 PM.

    [FB || PASBL]

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Sorry for keeping people waiting. Busy yesterday with birthday funtimes. ^-^;;

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Just ten minutes in and the fishing trip wasn’t off to a great start. Sat on the edge of your seats you both stare on at the red-white bobbers which would be quick to signal if you’d caught a bite. However your excitement soon slides away into boredom as nothing happens. The fish Pokémon narrowly skim past your bait passively - the Insect and Glow-Worm lure not attracting any seabed fare. Losing patience Hyrem yanks his rod as he pulls the line in with Andy shortly following suit. You take no time to consult each other as you both fixatedly dismantle the rods and go for a different approach. Hyrem works out that his lure was designed to attract deep sea fish, with the glowing bait more lustrous in the murky trenches past the coral beds. He quickly unravels the thin wire, substituting it for a line almost double the length. Jumping to his feet this time, the rookie trainer casts his rod, much further than the last time as the bobber floats to the surface and the lure sinks deep to the bottom of the ocean.

    Andy spots this as he tries untangling his own line, using the shortest wire in hopes of catching a different type of game to his new comrade. However, Andy also figures more natural looking bait ought to attract more fish than the brightly coloured Insect Lure, instead tying a clump of seaweed to the hook. Copying Hyrem, Andy switches to a angling stance, casting his hook a good few meters away from the other trainers. Unlike Hyrem, Andy’s line barely drops past the surface giving him a good view of the upcoming trawl. Minutes seems to roll by slowly as both trainers sink back down to their seats, eying their lines for any activity to no avail. It almost felt like they wouldn’t find anything as a school of Luvdisc scatter into the rainbow seabed cautiously.

    Suddenly! Hyrem’s float starts bobbing, the wire on his rod unravelling wildly as both trainer’s hearts skip a beat. He’d landed a bite! Remembering the captain’s earlier demonstration, he starts turning at the spinning reel with great struggle. This gets too hard as the line starts to strain with all the pressure, Hyrem giving the catch some space before reeling it in again. This process seems to go on for a while as Andy watches excitedly, almost forgetting about his own rod which hung idly on the railings attracting nothing. Face scrunched with concentration, Hyrem finally hauled his rod over his shoulder, a spray of salty water splashing against the deck as the fish flew in midair, landing on the deck and flailing frantically as it gasped for air. The fish Pokémon was unlike anything you’d seen in the stretch of ocean, its plus-sign eyes like yellow flashlights as two teardrop orbs dangled from its head. With water running off its blue skin, which seemed to sparkle in the sunlight, the Chinchou now tries making a break for it!

    Daphne, who’d been soaking up the suns rays, suddenly springs into action. She starts to Grow, a few leaves sprouting from her head attacking powers increase twofold under the suns influence. With Chinchou’s white fins pushing it toward the edge of the boat and back into open ocean, the acorn starts firing off a flurry of Bullet Seeds. The angler fish cries in pain as it’s pelted by the attack which pushes her away from the port side of the boat. But it looks like she’s overshot it a mark as the Chinchou starts sliding starboard only inches away from her escape unless you came up with a plan fast! Caught in the excitement, Andy remembers he’s still got a fish of his own to catch. Perhaps third time lucky he’d have better results... 60 Minutes remaining


    As both lure splashed into the water again, Andy watched his lure with great concentration, looking for hints of movement beneath the waves. However, watching his seaweed lure bob serenely on the water surface soon had him in a relaxed trance.
    He could have probably sat there for hours until he was snapped back into reality by some splashing and excited shouting. Looking up and to the side, the saw Hyrem shouting commands to his Pokemon, then his eyes moved down the fishing line to the source of the commotion. A small, blue fish with antennae that looked just like the lure he'd seen Hyrem choose, was attached to the end of the line, frantically trying to swim away to freedom.

    "Nice one, Hyrem!" Andy shouted encouragingly, getting caught up in the excitement of the moment, before remembering it was his own line that he should be paying attention to, although that would have been rather boring at the moment as it seemed his "au naturale" plan had failed to entice anything.

    "Well, at least now I know what does work" He said, casting another glance over to Hyrem. Reeling in his line again, Andy quickly set about attaching the only Line/Lure combination that he hadn't tried yet, the once that matched the combination used by the person who had actually managed to catch something.

    With the Long-Length Line and Glow Worm lure finally attached, Andy made his way back to the side of the boat. Hopefully with these two he'd have the same luck as his fellow Trainer.

    "Here goes nothing." He muttered as he cast his line once more, watching it land with a plop and sink into the murky depths. Hoping that the ensuing battle next to him wouldn't scare away any prospective catches, Andy waited patiently.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Pengyzu: You look dismally over the kiddie pool, the waterslides emptied as children watch from the coast with baited breath. Kara was pulling all the weight having successfully knocked Meinfoo a good dozen yards down the pool, but Keiko’s self esteem issues were starting to rub off on you and the Wingull above was proving tricky to land a hit on. After some encouraging words, the next round quickly ensues. Wingull is first into action, circling the skies before nosediving toward Kara with its Wings unfolded. The Attack sends the psychic tumbling over, but not before Mienfoo can pelt him with a Swift attack! The two attacks cause leave Ralts wincing in pain - it looked as though the youngster had picked out Kara as the stronger of the two. These gang-up tactics give Keiko a wide opening, and after a long pause he finally slaps his flippers against the water and springs into the air. Kara aids his ally by shooting off a bright Flash of light, stunning the nearby Wingull. The bird was dazed as it flew in circles, a large shadow suddenly engulfing its flightpath as Wailmer Bounces into it! The sheer weight difference sends the seagull crashing to the bottom of the pool, already teetering towards a knockout indicating it was the weaker of the two opponents. The battle had turned in your favour now – Mienfoo darting forward to Pound the pesky psychic only to be stopped in its tracks with a Confusion, the bluish beam knocking him off his feet for a nice hit. With Wingull underwater and struggling to find a way past the Wailmer calf, Keiko tries long and hard to perform a body slam - a move he’s yet to learn. He instead Bounces into the air, giving the Wingull high-time to flutter frantically out of reach as Wailmer cannonballs back into the water. “Wingull, you aint looking to good so Roost at the top of the waterslide and leave all the battling to Mienfoo. ‘Foo, smack Ralts with another Swift followed by a Quick Attack!” Whilst there was still a long way to go, it looked as though the youngster was still neglecting the fact you had two Pokémon on the field. What will you do?
    Rey's happy face doesn't hide the fact that he's shaking like an abandoned dog. His mouth murmurs inaudible words as the wind blew and played with his hair. The short black and messy hair flowing with the breeze as the trainer is in deep thought.

    "I can't lose this... I just... c-can't. I can't bear to let down Mr. Raine. If I lose this, I'm certain that I'll be famous... Infamous to be honest, as the only kid who lost a match against a little youngin' in a pool while fulfilling Raine's request... I just.... can't... Kara... y-you must, stay strong my friend."

    Wingull is first into action, circling the skies before nosediving toward Kara with its Wings unfolded. The Attack sends the psychic tumbling over, but not before Mienfoo can pelt him with a Swift attack! The two attacks cause leave Ralts wincing in pain - it looked as though the youngster had picked out Kara as the stronger of the two.

    Memories of his earlier childhood flooded his mind as tears started to swell up in his eyes. Cold tears start flowing out of his eyes, whimpering but the sound of the children's laughter and merriment drowns this all too easily... All of a sudden, he straightens his posture and rubs his eyes with sudden desperation.

    "I-I... can't... No! I ain't going to lose this! Let's go Kara!"

    Keiko gets his act together and starts splashing in his spot more than usual. He darts out of the water and shows signs of his father's greatness. Kara aids the whale in his attack attempt by emitting a bright light coming from his hands. The dazed bird stays in a trance as the shadow above it grows bigger and bigger. Keiko grins with success as the attack makes a full hit and sends the Wingull struggling at the bottom of the pool, which is to say, isn't very deep. The round continues as the odds turn to the little boy's favors. He sparks with excitement as if a flame has been ignited once more.

    "Thank you so much Ralts, I couldn't have done this without you. Now... I want to ask you to exert yourself this time. Teleport to dodge the swift and go on top of the water slide. Thunderpunch the resting bird afterward. Keiko, be strong this time, you've grown so much, just a teeny weeny bit more, Bounce on him while or after he uses Swift. Then Rollout to trample all over the flattened Mienfoo. If you don't know how to do that, just let it loose and blast it with a Water Gun."

    [x]
    Last edited by Pengyzu; 8th June 2012 at 2:35 PM.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: With Aegis having more of a challenge than you would’ve liked and one of your Pokéballs wasted you decide to call on reinforcements. Unclipping another red-white sphere from your belt you toss it onto the pool’s edge, cracking open to reveal Bishop who hops onto a rock with a sleepy ‘hoot’. With no time to waste the Hoothoot takes flight on order, scanning the perimeter with Foresight as his round eyes flash against the sandy shore like scarlet floodlights. Suddenly! The avian catches sight of Stunfisk whose cover dissipates. He angrily fires a Thundershock into the air which narrowly misses the owl. Meanwhile, this gives Aegis an open shot as he fires off another blast of Water, a super effective hit that sends it on the brink of a knockout. Shutting one eye as you aim, you throw the second of two Pokéballs which splashes into the pool with bubbles escaping from its tight confines. Tapping Stunfisk on the head it suddenly sucks him up in a flood of red light. The ball shakes on the sand floor as you watch on with baited breath... Click! Congratulations! Lv.5 Male Stunfisk was caught! Against all odds the match was a sweet success, but before you have time to celebrate a man with shaggy blond hair and a jet black wetsuit runs onto the scene. You recognised him as Raine – the guy on the front of the brochure!

    “G’day! So where’s the fishy problem?” the trainer asks, panting slightly. This ushers a long explanation on your part, Raine nodding intently with a half-smile, “Crickey, if only we had more trainers like you about! What bothers me though is that we don’t keep the Stunfisk with the other manta for obvious reasons”, he says with a slight laugh, “Someone put that Stunfisk in there to try and sabotage us...”

    You're suddenly reminded of the protesters from earlier that day, but before you can say anything Raine’s interrupts, “Look at the time! The big show’s on in an hour and we still haven’t rehearsed! Make sure you get a front seat... Joshua?” The famous trainer then shakes your hand before shooting off toward Shamu Stadium. With an hour before the show started, you still had time to visit either the Sharpedo Tanks or the Kyogre-Koaster. Where will you go?

    Son of Shadows, with your first capture you’ve unlocked rights to the Egg House. Be sure to link to your response to this update when picking up your egg.

    Bishop simply nodded and took to the sky, scanning the seabed for the dab - successfully to boot! Aegis took advantage of the situation to blast Stunfisk with one more Water Gun, and it was practically down for the count. Well, now's as good a time as any... Let's try again! "Pokéball, go!" cried Joshua, flinging another ball at Stunfisk. This one connected, trapping the dab inside. It wiggled once... twice... thrice... And stopped. Joshua had captured a Stunfisk! His first official capture as a trainer, as all his other Pokémon had come from the adoption centre and an egg in Steven's case. He was pretty ecstatic, especially as Aegis dove into the tank once more to retrieve the new teammate.

    But it seemed there was little time to celebrate, as he was accosted by a strange gentleman - the park's owner in fact, Raine, who had arrived to solve the now-fixed problem. Joshua quickly explained the angry Stunfisk and the Mantyke away, causing Raine to reveal that Stunfisk did not belong to the park - so someone had planted it there? He thought back to Team Aqua outside, about to stage their protest at three. Raine recommended catching the Shamu show later, and Joshua figured Aqua would be pretty likely to make an appearance, given that they were protesting about the creature. He'd been planning to go anyway, but now he was sure about it.

    Until then, he had some time to kill, and Joshua knew exactly where he wanted to go next. "The Kyogre-Koaster! Who doesn't love a great thrill ride? Yes Aegis, that's our next destination. But first..." He squeezed the ball in his hand, enlarged it, and let out the captured Stunfisk. He didn't seem especially happy. "Alright Stunfisk, welcome to the team. My name is Joshua, and I'll be your new trainer. How ya doin?" He bent down to pet the dab, only to get a minor jolt for his trouble. "Ouch! I'm guessing you're still a little angry about what happened... Well, I can't say I blame you. But give it some time, you'll warm up. But you're going to need a nickname... Hmm. A good name for a Stunfisk. How about Livewire for now? If you don't like it, we'll think of something else. How about it Livewire?" Stunfisk seemed to consider it for a moment. With a name, he'd have an identity... Livewire reluctantly growled. It was going to be a while before he warmed up to his new trainer. "Livewire it is. Now then, to the rollercoaster!"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone


    Cascade Waterfall: The largest of a series of waterfalls along the Blitz River, the Cascade Waterfall is by far the most amazing of them all. Walking trails lead up and down either side of the falls and through the surrounding bushland, making it a lovely place to visit on anyone's itinerary. Wild Pokémon have become accustomed to the number of people visiting here and can sometimes be quite friendly.
    The waterfalls roared in a magnificent manner. Drops of water flew on the nearby grass, where Noriko sat in her rain coat. She loved the humidity and water as well as the noise of the falls all around her. Unfortunately her partner, Skitty, was rather skittish around large amounts of water, so Noriko kept her safe and dry in her Pokéball. Although this trip would be a great opportunity to help Skitty get used to water...

    Without further ado Noriko took out Skitty's Pokéball and let her out. Skitty looked around her before shooting right at Noriko - and the inside of her raincoat. "Skitty! You know you'll have to learn to handle water at some point! How will we ever make friends with Water-Pokémon otherwise?" Noriko sighed. This was not going to be easy. Skitty made distressed noise, trying to get inside her Trainer's coat. Noriko decided to stand her ground and picked Skitty, then placed her near the water so a few drops hit the Pokémon.

    Skitty struggled with all her might, only barely managing to get out of her Trainer's hold. She wasted no time and escaped away from the offending water, diving into the bushes. She hissed at Noriko. There was no way she was going anywhere near that waterfall! Never! Noriko sighed, taking out candy from her pocket. Sweets were Skitty's weak spot and an angry partner would not be fun to be around. After a few protesting moments Skitty gave up and succumbed to devouring the sweet treats Noriko had handed her. There would always be time to protest later.


  8. #283
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default Whale Island - 1o

    Welcoming another member to my group, kaisap. Don't forget to post in Size 1 and Deepskyblue in future. And most of all, have fun!

    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: Livewire’s capture had put you in high spirits until Raine, the park’s proprietor, revealed the Stunfisk had been planted there as an elaborate sabotage. You can’t help wondering if your newest comrade had ties with the notorious Team Aqua – and what would become of the park’s grand attraction. These thoughts are eventually put aside as you make your way toward the Kyogre Koaster – the largest log flume you’d find in Fizzytopia. Strolling through the mainstreet you quickly catch sight of the attraction, its tracks soaring high above the park with a sharp drop into the plunge pool below. Passing a sign with the minimum height restriction for the Koaster, you easily clear the bar whilst Aegis does not – the sign advising that all Pokémon that do not meet this requirement must remain in their Pokéballs for the duration of the ride.

    The queue zigzagged for what looked like a mile with a sign advertising a current waiting time of 1 hour 40 minutes. You’d miss the show if you waited that long, but fortunately single riders such as yourself are urged to join a much smaller queue. You thank your lucky stars you weren’t accompanied by anyone as this method of queuing proved to be a lot shorter, getting to the front in a matter of minutes. At the front of the queue you take notice as a bunch of Kyogre-Karts pull into the station, each seating two people. As the riders exit the ride you notice they all leave it dripping wet, one girl even barfing into a paper bag. The ride attendant, who was dressed in a foam Kyogre costume, signals you to join one of the semi-occupied karts available. There were three karts you could choose from. You could pick by random, but whoever you sat beside might have a big influence on the fun factor. In the first kart a nerdy young man could be seen pushing his glasses up his nose, waving you a seat with an awkward smile. A lass was chatting idly on a pink cell phone in the second kart, not really paying attention as you glanced in at her. A small kid donning a Pikachu onesie occupied the third kart; with his feet barely dangling off the seat you assume he must’ve snuck past the attendant. This was a small decision but a decision nonetheless... Where will you sit?

    Pengyzu: Despite a slightly melodramatic reaction to what was just a friendly match against an eight year old, everything was running smoothly. You take note of the kids orders and look at exploiting them by sending Kara out of the line of fire. With counter orders shot the battle quickly wheels back into motion, Wingul taking flight. The seagull makes its way to the top of one of the waterslides, folding its winds as it starts to Roost comfortably out of harms way. That’s what it thought! Right on queue, Kara blinks and vanishes, appearing just behind the gull in a flash of light. The bird doesn’t pay any attention as the little Psychic’s fist sparks with electricity socking him in the beak with a Thunderous Punch. The Wingull squawks as it falls off its perch, landing in the water with a splash before floating back to the surface comatose. Meanwhile, Meinfoo had had much trouble scouting his foe as he peppered off a flurry of Swift into thin air. Confident he’s not in any danger, this gives Keiko the gumption to Bounce into the air. The whale calf tumbles back down and into the muskelid who yaps in pain. Just like before, the Pokémon’s weight was proving to be a great advantage with Meinfoo pinned down and unable to attack. In point-blank range the Wailmer starts to Roll in place, causing some residual damage to the fighting type before spinning further Out into the pool to gain more momentum. Forgetting about Kara the Muskelid speeds forward leaving a great jet of water in his wake – intercepting the rolling Keiko with a Quick Attack and knocking him into the side of the pool! Keiko barks in pain but it’s the Meinfoo that’s looking finished, panting in fatigue and outnumbered. What will you do?

    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Andy, you say you’ve tried every Line/Lure combination, but you’ve only tried 3/9 possible combinations. There’s a line assigned to each lure if you haven’t already caught on by now ;P

    There was a mixed bag of results on the starboard side of the ferry. Hyrem had managed to land himself a rare catch by fishing standards, and was now trying with all his might to stop it from slipping back out of his reaches. On the other hand, Andy had failed again to catch a thing. His lure seemed to repel every sort of fish that swam near it, until it was time to reel it back in and start from scratch. With his fishing buddy faring better, the Andy eyes up the rod and decides to copy the line-lure combination. Threading the longest piece of wire and hooking a glowworm lure, not unlike the Chinchou’s antennae that was flopping just a foot away, Andy boldly casts his rod. The sparkly lure swims down to the bottom of the ocean and out of sight as it drops down past the coral reef.

    Meanwhile, Chinchou had slid down the deck and was about to get away... Until! Daphne sprints down the deck at breakneck speed, Quickly intercepting the skating angler fish and cutting off its escape. Still gasping the Chinchou lets off a stream of Bubbles in defence which seem to gently burst on the acorn’s tough hide leaving her little more than a damp. Daphne commences phase two, this time peppering off a weaker barrage of Bullet Seeds which pelt her back into the centre. However with the floor all slippery and wet the fish doesn’t slow down – attempting to flop its way back over the other edge again! Sera prepares to teleport as the angler fish leaps into the air, but Daphne has it under control as she shoots off another Seed. The bulb hits the fish on the fin, suddenly tangling it in a net of vines. Chinchou attempts to struggle free but the netting Leeches away some of its energy until it finally gives in. Emptying the fish into his bucket Hyrem’d managed his first catch! But there was ample time for plenty more fishing, who knew what else was swimming in the deep blue.

    Andy tugs on his fishing rod, almost wondering if he was even cut out for the sport. This feeling of uncertainty quickly shifts to excitement however as his reel starts spinning ten to the dozen signalling there was a whopper biting on the other end. Taking another leaf out of Hyurem’s book he grabs the reel and starts fighting back, pulling it in every now and then and feeling it unravel straight back out with great force. Whatever was on the other end of the line, it sure was a lot tougher than Hyurem’s catch. The game of wits and patience seems to last for ages until finally with a great splash the fish emerges from the water. Overshadowing the two trainers for a split second, the magnificent pink creature lands on the deck with a great thud – rocking the boat slightly. Flecks of sunlight sparkle on its pink scales, its long eyelashes fluttering in bewilderment. On sight Tsar hovers in reach of the Gorebyss which was already slinking its way back to the water, firing off a Confusion. The bluish beam strikes the eel on the back who lets off a powerful Water Gun in return. Bronzor is pushed back several feet before regaining his balance... Looks like you’ve landed a feisty one. What will you do? 50 Minutes Remaining

    The Caverns

    Celebii: Not looking to become the new ‘Missing Child’ plastered on every bottle of MooMoo Milk, you do your best to avoid certain death due to some poorly built rail tracks. The cart was tumbling at dangerous speeds, and with little than a few seconds to plan your two Pokémon spring into action. Neptune throws his stubby arms in the air, hoping to raise a high enough wave to ferry you over the gap. The Surf lifts below, reaching about half way up the cave before starting to curve and break... It wasn’t going to work. You jam your eyes shut as the cart reaches the drop, Larry howling in panic whilst Bounce tries to come up with a plan B. The ‘clink clink’ of the wheels on the track comes to a halt as the cart drives off the edge. Spoink’s beady eyes glaze over with Psychic energy as he mentally grabs a hold of the cart. Not quite strong enough to keep it suspended he does manage to slow it down and keep it straight, manoeuvring it into Squirtle’s wave to cushion the blow into the salty depths. With a loud splash the cart lands minefield of sharp rocks which you could only guess had fallen from the ceiling. You cringe as the tangy taste of the salty spray fills your nostrils, some of the water tipping into the cart and weighing it down slightly. To your relief the cart buoys to the surface, the swirling waters weaving you narrowly through the rocks. Treasure was the last thing on your mind as survival instincts kick in, but you couldn’t help wonder where the current would take you. It certainly wouldn’t be a safe journey though, as the makeshift boat was on a collision course toward another sharp stalagmite! Maybe your comrades would do a better job in this scenario than the last one. What will you do?

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: The past hour seemed to have raced by as you fought off one of the toughest Pokémon you’d ever encountered. The giant flower had almost made a meal out of Sothe but thanks to the reptilian’s strong bond they were able the quell the beast for long enough. The Cradily was tiring now as it emitted a low groan, its wilted tentacles curling inwards. Now unsteadily waving back and forth on the weight of its head you take a few paces back to avoid being accidently squashed, volleying what you hoped would be your last set of orders. Sothe clenches his limp arm, gritting his teeth in efforts to subdue the pain of his internal injuries. Orcharist hisses her body coils and tightens, her double slithering off into the thickets with her participation superfluous. On your mark the anaconda and the gecko leap into the air – their blade appendages extending as they flicker an amethyst and lime colour respectively. The two hang in mid air for a split second, tumbling past the fossil with the subtlest of slices. Light-footedly landing on the other side of the lagoon, facing the back of the monster, they pant in extreme exasperation. Nothing seems to happen for as seconds pass by like hours, you almost wonder if the two attacks had made contact. Suddenly! The plant topples as his head slides off its sturdy stem, another section of his body collapsing at the same time leaving the fossil trisected. A few tentacles swirl around the pool’s current as a school of resident Goldeen swim back to the surface, you could be sure that Kakatua was safe again. Level up for Orcharist and Sothe

    ***

    “Gee Balmund”, says Moku with a mouthful of rice, “Tell us again how you slayed the giant flower”

    “You were there, Moku”, says Lily, rolling her eyes as she mashes up some herbs to feed to your bandaged Sceptile.

    “I know, but I wanted to hear HIM tell it!” he splutters. As sundown was fast approaching you’d decided to set up camp beside the lagoon, the fatigue from a hard day’s battle settling in. Lily had set up a large cooking pot and Chong had made a campfire. The hippie was strumming a few chords on the busted banjo he’d salvaged from the Cradily’s carcass, writing a ballad on your encounter with the monster. The sky was a stunning shade of pink as the orange sun crept further into the Cliffside. It was easy to see why the lagoon was such a hotspot for honeymooners as the palm trees swayed shyly in the breeze, a swarm of Volbeat and Illuminise courting over the greenish waterfront. Love is undeniably in the air; Chong and Lily nestle close for the last few seconds of sunset, Moku passionately hugging the honey-glazed ham that he’s incapable of eating. Even your reptilian comrades had put their squabbling aside, Orcharist warily nursing over Sothe and hissing if anyone stepped too close. Feeling slightly third wheelish you take to your sleeping bag early, gazing up at the dazzling starlit sky until your eyelids get too heavy...

    ***

    You rub your eyes awake wearily after an unknown amount of time. The campfire had died out and the only illumination was coming from the moon shining flecks of silver light on the rippling lagoon. You could’ve sworn you’d heard a noise but everyone was fast asleep in their tents. Maybe it was a wild Pokémon? You squint over at the waterfront, still half-asleep until something out of the ordinary caught your eyes. It was a girl! Not just any girl by the looks of it. Her skin was as pale as the silvery moonlight, her face smooth as though it’d been airbrushed. Although she was a good stretch down the lake you could make out her smouldering amber eyes staring back at you. Her wet hair shimmered a dazzling crimson as it clung to her shoulders, the tips of it flowing freely about the water. Her beauty was beyond compare, there was almost something unnatural about it. You could only see her from the neck up, but you couldn’t help but imagine she was nude beneath the dark waters.

    “Why don’t you join me?” she teases playfully, “Come on silly, the water’s fine!”

    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: With your enemy a sitting duck it was the perfect opportunity to jump back onto the offense. The piranha rolls onto its belly as it snoozes away, an evil grin wiped across Shells face as you give off one last set of orders. The snapping turtle nods as he clenches his good fist, swimming down toward his foe and socking him with a Rock Smash! The effective hit sends the fish tumbling further down the pool, its eyes wearily opening from the shock. Conscious again the Carvanha darts upward leaving a stream of bubbles in its tail, its razor sharp teeth snapping open for another Bite. Before the predator can close the distance though he’s quickly intercepted as Shell breaks into an Aqua Jet and slams into its dorsal fin knocking it waywardly off course. You see this as your chance and clenching the Pokéball in your hand you toss it down into the lake. With a splash bubbles start streaming from the sphere as it loses altitude, finally tapping the foe and absorbing it in a flood of red light. The ball falls to the pit of the lake, landing on the ashy floor and shaking wildly... Ping! Congratulations! Lv.5 Male Carvanha was caught! You’d half worried the carnivorous fish would eat your Pokémon alive, but with your first battle a sweet success it looked as though he’d be joining your ranks.

    “Wow, that was some impressive battling for a rookie”, the redhead comments, “I’ve just realised! In all the commotion of things we never properly introduced ourselves! I’m Flannery, Laveridge Town’s local gym leader” you feel slightly star struck as she tugs you into a friendly handshake. It also brought about the question of what a fire type gym leader from a far off land was doing near Crater Lake. She’s quick to answer this however as Shell crawls out from the lake with your newest team member in hand.

    “I’m here on official gym leader business. I’ve been following a bunch of nefarious criminals who’ve been bullying the owners of a nearby ranch”, Flannery explains, “I don’t know what they’re up to, but you can bet I’m gunna find out! I was on my way there now, actually. You should tag along, I’m sure they could fix up your Squirtle’s broken arm too”

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Trekking through the remote bushland of the Southern Gulf, you find yourself in awe of the tropical atmosphere. Passing the colonies of Shroomish you spot a small yellow arachnid spinning its web from one tree to another in hopes of catching a tasty Tailow. Circling in awe whilst nearing the tropical lagoon you stumble as you reach a break in the tall trees. You’d reached the foot of your destination! Just ahead stood a powerful waterfall cascading from the height of a full-grown Steelix - forming a rainbow against the diamond-dust spray. The plunge pool just a stretch away covered the entire forest opening, the noise of wild Pokemon strident as colonies of water Pokémon bathed on the few rocks that jutted above the lake, among them Poliwag and Corphish coupled with their respected families. A few Goldeen and Lumineon leap up from the water before splashing back in, with Clamperl and Cloyster nestled mysteriously at the depth of the lake. Outskirting the lake was a herd of Phanpy bathing and playing in the shallow water whilst their mother observed protectively. Comfortable there was no danger afoot, you decide this is a perfect opportunity for your Skitty to overcome her hydrophobia. With a flash of light the kitten emerges from her Pokéball, purring softly as she rubs against your leg. This rare affectionate side of Skitty quickly subsides as a Phanpy breaks away from the herd in excitement and squirts Skitty playfully with a Water Gun. The feline, who looked more like a drowned rat, hisses at the calf with her claws sharpened. It looked as though you’d have a fight on your hand if you weren’t careful! What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 11th June 2012 at 1:05 AM.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Andy, you say you’ve tried every Line/Lure combination, but you’ve only tried 3/9 possible combinations. There’s a line assigned to each lure if you haven’t already caught on by now ;P

    There was a mixed bag of results on the starboard side of the ferry. Hyrem had managed to land himself a rare catch by fishing standards, and was now trying with all his might to stop it from slipping back out of his reaches. On the other hand, Andy had failed again to catch a thing. His lure seemed to repel every sort of fish that swam near it, until it was time to reel it back in and start from scratch. With his fishing buddy faring better, the Andy eyes up the rod and decides to copy the line-lure combination. Threading the longest piece of wire and hooking a glowworm lure, not unlike the Chinchou’s antennae that was flopping just a foot away, Andy boldly casts his rod. The sparkly lure swims down to the bottom of the ocean and out of sight as it drops down past the coral reef.

    Meanwhile, Chinchou had slid down the deck and was about to get away... Until! Daphne sprints down the deck at breakneck speed, Quickly intercepting the skating angler fish and cutting off its escape. Still gasping the Chinchou lets off a stream of Bubbles in defence which seem to gently burst on the acorn’s tough hide leaving her little more than a damp. Daphne commences phase two, this time peppering off a weaker barrage of Bullet Seeds which pelt her back into the centre. However with the floor all slippery and wet the fish doesn’t slow down – attempting to flop its way back over the other edge again! Sera prepares to teleport as the angler fish leaps into the air, but Daphne has it under control as she shoots off another Seed. The bulb hits the fish on the fin, suddenly tangling it in a net of vines. Chinchou attempts to struggle free but the netting Leeches away some of its energy until it finally gives in. Emptying the fish into his bucket Hyrem’d managed his first catch! But there was ample time for plenty more fishing, who knew what else was swimming in the deep blue.

    Andy tugs on his fishing rod, almost wondering if he was even cut out for the sport. This feeling of uncertainty quickly shifts to excitement however as his reel starts spinning ten to the dozen signalling there was a whopper biting on the other end. Taking another leaf out of Hyurem’s book he grabs the reel and starts fighting back, pulling it in every now and then and feeling it unravel straight back out with great force. Whatever was on the other end of the line, it sure was a lot tougher than Hyurem’s catch. The game of wits and patience seems to last for ages until finally with a great splash the fish emerges from the water. Overshadowing the two trainers for a split second, the magnificent pink creature lands on the deck with a great thud – rocking the boat slightly. Flecks of sunlight sparkle on its pink scales, its long eyelashes fluttering in bewilderment. On sight Tsar hovers in reach of the Gorebyss which was already slinking its way back to the water, firing off a Confusion. The bluish beam strikes the eel on the back who lets off a powerful Water Gun in return. Bronzor is pushed back several feet before regaining his balance... Looks like you’ve landed a feisty one. What will you do? 50 Minutes Remaining


    What I meant was they were the only two I hadn't tried yet. I seem to have a habit of making what I say and what I mean completely different things ^-^;;

    "Perhaps all this fishing isn't for me." Andy muttered to himself as once again he watched he line sway to the movement of the currents.

    He looked to his side again, to see how Hyrem's battle with the Chinchou was going. In his opinion his fellow Trainer seemed to be doing an ok job, when compared to the expert skills demonstrated by Captain Briney. Andy didn't know whether fishing was something Hyrem had done before, but he certainly seemed to be doing a better job of it.

    Andy gave a half-hearted tug on his rod and sighed, a familiar feeling of disappointment and inevitability coming over him.
    "Maybe I should jus- WOAH!" Andy found himself gripping tightly to the rod as it began to tug back, reel spinning madly. It took a few seconds for the initial shock to wear off before Andy could collect his thoughts.

    "We caught something! We caught something!" He shouted with unrestrained glee, pointing into the water like a madman. Andy pulled on the rod, using the "little-by-little" technique they'd been shown by the Captain. It seemed to go on for an age before Andy gave an almighty wrench, causing his catch to fly out of the water and over his head, landing on the deck with a wet slap. The Pokemon, a Gorebyss if he remembered his books correctly, writhed and twisted it's long, pink body as it attempted to escape back into it's natural habitat. Andy couldn't help but cast a slightly smug "mine's bigger than yours" look over to Hyrem, before quickly bringing his attention back to the situation at hand.

    "Go get it Tsar!" Was Andy's command, as the Bronzor floated through the air, firing off a Confusion at it's target. The hit landed, but was met with a powerful jet of water in return.

    "Don't let it escape!" Andy shouted as the pink fish flopped and slithered it's way towards the edge of the deck. "It doesn't look very good at moving out of the water, so you should be able to get ahead of it and Tackle it back onto the boat. If it tries to attack again, counter with another Confusion." The resultant adrenaline rush of the catch and his general unwillingness to start over again spurred Andy on.
    "Whatever you do, don't let it back into the water or we may end up losing it!"
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 11th June 2012 at 2:23 AM.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Welcoming another member to my group, kaisap. Don't forget to post in Size 1 and Deepskyblue in future. And most of all, have fun!

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Trekking through the remote bushland of the Southern Gulf, you find yourself in awe of the tropical atmosphere. Passing the colonies of Shroomish you spot a small yellow arachnid spinning its web from one tree to another in hopes of catching a tasty Tailow. Circling in awe whilst nearing the tropical lagoon you stumble as you reach a break in the tall trees. You’d reached the foot of your destination! Just ahead stood a powerful waterfall cascading from the height of a full-grown Steelix - forming a rainbow against the diamond-dust spray. The plunge pool just a stretch away covered the entire forest opening, the noise of wild Pokemon strident as colonies of water Pokémon bathed on the few rocks that jutted above the lake, among them Poliwag and Corphish coupled with their respected families. A few Goldeen and Lumineon leap up from the water before splashing back in, with Clamperl and Cloyster nestled mysteriously at the depth of the lake. Outskirting the lake was a herd of Phanpy bathing and playing in the shallow water whilst their mother observed protectively. Comfortable there was no danger afoot, you decide this is a perfect opportunity for your Skitty to overcome her hydrophobia. With a flash of light the kitten emerges from her Pokéball, purring softly as she rubs against your leg. This rare affectionate side of Skitty quickly subsides as a Phanpy breaks away from the herd in excitement and squirts Skitty playfully with a Water Gun. The feline, who looked more like a drowned rat, hisses at the calf with her claws sharpened. It looked as though you’d have a fight on your hand if you weren’t careful! What will you do?
    The atmosphere in the Southern Gulf was mind-blowing. Noriko had never been to the tropical parts of the world before and she couldn’t stop noticing all the Pokémon running around. Colonies of Shroomish where gathered here and there. An anarchid was setting up a trap of web for the next Tailow that would fly by and become his lunch. Noriko almost tripped while looking at the Shroomish and while regaining her balance she noticed the wonderful waterfall, the size of a Steelix, right in front of her.

    There was a rainbow where sunlight hit all the water that came down the waterfall, admired not only by Noriko but a number of water Pokémon as well! There were Poliwag and Corphish with their own evolution families, a Goldeen jumping out of the water with a Lumineon, both sparkling in the light, even more graceful and beautiful than all those pictures Noriko had seen of these two Pokémon. A group of Clamperl and Cloyster were sitting at the bottom of the lake as well. Noriko had always found Cloysters to be a little intimidating, but the Clamperl were cute.

    Noriko walked a bit further along the side of the water, running into a herd of Phanpy. The water was shallow so there was no risk of anyone drowning, and their mother was around to keep an eye on them. “This looks like the perfect spot to work with Skitty’s fears,” Noriko thought to herself, already digging out Skitty’s ball, the feline having been contained in it since the earlier incident. Skitty came out obediently enough. After noticing there not being any sprayed water involved, she affectionately rubbed against Noriko’s leg.

    At this very moment one of the Phanpy’s decided to greet the newcomers, and blissfully unaware of Skitty’s dislike for water sprayed a Water Gun at her. Noriko gasped as Skitty was fully drenched in water. Not exactly happy about the turn of events, Skitty sharpened her claws and started hissing at the Phanpy.

    Noriko ran up to Skitty and picked her up. “Skitty, please calm down, I’m sure he didn’t mean any harm! I’ve got a towel in my bag and we can dry you right off, okay?” Then she whispered very quietly in Skitty’s ear: “I’m sure you don’t want to pick a fight with all these Phanpy and their mom over there, right? Let’s just play nice, please?” A battle like the one Noriko mentioned would end up in a disastrous manner. One-on-one battles were still a whole different thing than a Phanpy herd and their protective mother against one little Skitty!

  11. #286
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Pengyzu: Despite a slightly melodramatic reaction to what was just a friendly match against an eight year old, everything was running smoothly. You take note of the kids orders and look at exploiting them by sending Kara out of the line of fire. With counter orders shot the battle quickly wheels back into motion, Wingul taking flight. The seagull makes its way to the top of one of the waterslides, folding its winds as it starts to Roost comfortably out of harms way. That’s what it thought! Right on queue, Kara blinks and vanishes, appearing just behind the gull in a flash of light. The bird doesn’t pay any attention as the little Psychic’s fist sparks with electricity socking him in the beak with a Thunderous Punch. The Wingull squawks as it falls off its perch, landing in the water with a splash before floating back to the surface comatose. Meanwhile, Meinfoo had had much trouble scouting his foe as he peppered off a flurry of Swift into thin air. Confident he’s not in any danger, this gives Keiko the gumption to Bounce into the air. The whale calf tumbles back down and into the muskelid who yaps in pain. Just like before, the Pokémon’s weight was proving to be a great advantage with Meinfoo pinned down and unable to attack. In point-blank range the Wailmer starts to Roll in place, causing some residual damage to the fighting type before spinning further Out into the pool to gain more momentum. Forgetting about Kara the Muskelid speeds forward leaving a great jet of water in his wake – intercepting the rolling Keiko with a Quick Attack and knocking him into the side of the pool! Keiko barks in pain but it’s the Meinfoo that’s looking finished, panting in fatigue and outnumbered. What will you do?
    ooc: But I'm only 11 :<

    The young lad crossed his fingers as he laid out his orders. His eyes widened as the round starts. Wingull flies up to the slide and settles down to Roost and hopefully recover some health. His Pokemon, just as ordered, vanished in a blink of an eye, appearing in a burst of light behind the clueless bird. His fists cackled with electricity as he pulled his arm back. His fist lunged at the target with speeds like a snake, the attack managing to push the Wingull into the pool again. The bird plunged into the crystal clear pool, suspending a mist of dazzling droplets of water. The audience oohed and awed as the bird floats up with a cough in its caw. Rey jumped in excitement as this happened, making Kara even more happy and confident.

    Meanwhile, during this fiasco, the kung fu fox seems as though bedazzled. His stars of power aimed at the sky, he looks for the target... NO THAT'S THE WRONG WAY! Keiko snickers as though it got confident, it splashed into the pool, before bouncing once again. With a big thud, the whale lands, this time with a Mienfoo, under its belly. Everyone in the pool is loving the action, most of them probably should, but I bet the enemy is not enjoying this at all. Keiko rolled out, not as a Decepticon, this gives Mienfoo enough time to escape. He forgoes his old target and focuses on the threat, the big blue rolling ball of doom. A collision occurs between the speedy white menace and the rolling 'ol blue. The Wailmer is pushed aside, barking in pain, thus making Rey's smile fade. He reaches for his adopted baby, as if sending a vibe of hope.

    "You guys are doing great! Keiko, just a little bit more! I'm so sorry if this has hurt you so. Kara, after all we've been through, I'm sure I can count on you. Hold the tired Mienfoo in place with a TwistedSpoon-boosted Psychic. Then as Kara does that, Keiko Bounce on the Mienfoo again! As you Rollout, Kara blast the Mienfoo with a another Psychic. Go guys!"
    Last edited by Pengyzu; 11th June 2012 at 3:57 PM.

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: Livewire’s capture had put you in high spirits until Raine, the park’s proprietor, revealed the Stunfisk had been planted there as an elaborate sabotage. You can’t help wondering if your newest comrade had ties with the notorious Team Aqua – and what would become of the park’s grand attraction. These thoughts are eventually put aside as you make your way toward the Kyogre Koaster – the largest log flume you’d find in Fizzytopia. Strolling through the mainstreet you quickly catch sight of the attraction, its tracks soaring high above the park with a sharp drop into the plunge pool below. Passing a sign with the minimum height restriction for the Koaster, you easily clear the bar whilst Aegis does not – the sign advising that all Pokémon that do not meet this requirement must remain in their Pokéballs for the duration of the ride.

    The queue zigzagged for what looked like a mile with a sign advertising a current waiting time of 1 hour 40 minutes. You’d miss the show if you waited that long, but fortunately single riders such as yourself are urged to join a much smaller queue. You thank your lucky stars you weren’t accompanied by anyone as this method of queuing proved to be a lot shorter, getting to the front in a matter of minutes. At the front of the queue you take notice as a bunch of Kyogre-Karts pull into the station, each seating two people. As the riders exit the ride you notice they all leave it dripping wet, one girl even barfing into a paper bag. The ride attendant, who was dressed in a foam Kyogre costume, signals you to join one of the semi-occupied karts available. There were three karts you could choose from. You could pick by random, but whoever you sat beside might have a big influence on the fun factor. In the first kart a nerdy young man could be seen pushing his glasses up his nose, waving you a seat with an awkward smile. A lass was chatting idly on a pink cell phone in the second kart, not really paying attention as you glanced in at her. A small kid donning a Pikachu onesie occupied the third kart; with his feet barely dangling off the seat you assume he must’ve snuck past the attendant. This was a small decision but a decision nonetheless... Where will you sit?

    As Joshua approached the massive coaster, only one thing came to mind: This. Is going. To be. Awesome. Unfortunately, a height restriction barred Aegis, and indeed all of his Pokémon from being out on the ride. The Squirtle snapped his fingers. "Sorry pal." It sucked, that was for sure, but he could use the break after his battle with Livewire. This got Joshua thinking though, it wouldn't be too long til Aegis evolved. He was currently level 13, and at 16 he could become a Wartortle. They'd have to have "the talk" soon, about whether he'd like to or not. Oh joy. Joshua certainly hoped so though, Blastoise had been his favourite Pokémon ever since he'd first seen one on TV. A giant bipedal tortoise with cannons in its shell? Who could hate that?

    Once again, being anti-social proved in his favour, as Joshua was quickl ushered into a line exclusive to single riders on the coaster, which soaking wet patrons were coming off. Hmm. He hadn't brought a towel, had he? Well, Bishop's Heat Wave attack could probably take care of things for him if he needed it. Pokémon were awesome. Finally, his turn to ride, and there were three spare seats. One beside a geeky, yet amiable looking chap, one beside a pretty girl on her phone, and the third, with a kid. Wait, how did he get past the barrier? That could be dangerous for him... But spoiling a kid's fun wasn't exactly something he had the heart for. Therefore, Joshua decided to sit with the kid in the Pikachu suit, just to make sure he was safe. A dead kid would put a damper on the day.

    Something he knew a lot about. Freakin Phantom Isle.

    *Sit with the child*
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Andy, you say you’ve tried every Line/Lure combination, but you’ve only tried 3/9 possible combinations. There’s a line assigned to each lure if you haven’t already caught on by now ;P

    There was a mixed bag of results on the starboard side of the ferry. Hyrem had managed to land himself a rare catch by fishing standards, and was now trying with all his might to stop it from slipping back out of his reaches. On the other hand, Andy had failed again to catch a thing. His lure seemed to repel every sort of fish that swam near it, until it was time to reel it back in and start from scratch. With his fishing buddy faring better, the Andy eyes up the rod and decides to copy the line-lure combination. Threading the longest piece of wire and hooking a glowworm lure, not unlike the Chinchou’s antennae that was flopping just a foot away, Andy boldly casts his rod. The sparkly lure swims down to the bottom of the ocean and out of sight as it drops down past the coral reef.

    Meanwhile, Chinchou had slid down the deck and was about to get away... Until! Daphne sprints down the deck at breakneck speed, Quickly intercepting the skating angler fish and cutting off its escape. Still gasping the Chinchou lets off a stream of Bubbles in defence which seem to gently burst on the acorn’s tough hide leaving her little more than a damp. Daphne commences phase two, this time peppering off a weaker barrage of Bullet Seeds which pelt her back into the centre. However with the floor all slippery and wet the fish doesn’t slow down – attempting to flop its way back over the other edge again! Sera prepares to teleport as the angler fish leaps into the air, but Daphne has it under control as she shoots off another Seed. The bulb hits the fish on the fin, suddenly tangling it in a net of vines. Chinchou attempts to struggle free but the netting Leeches away some of its energy until it finally gives in. Emptying the fish into his bucket Hyrem’d managed his first catch! But there was ample time for plenty more fishing, who knew what else was swimming in the deep blue.

    Andy tugs on his fishing rod, almost wondering if he was even cut out for the sport. This feeling of uncertainty quickly shifts to excitement however as his reel starts spinning ten to the dozen signalling there was a whopper biting on the other end. Taking another leaf out of Hyurem’s book he grabs the reel and starts fighting back, pulling it in every now and then and feeling it unravel straight back out with great force. Whatever was on the other end of the line, it sure was a lot tougher than Hyurem’s catch. The game of wits and patience seems to last for ages until finally with a great splash the fish emerges from the water. Overshadowing the two trainers for a split second, the magnificent pink creature lands on the deck with a great thud – rocking the boat slightly. Flecks of sunlight sparkle on its pink scales, its long eyelashes fluttering in bewilderment. On sight Tsar hovers in reach of the Gorebyss which was already slinking its way back to the water, firing off a Confusion. The bluish beam strikes the eel on the back who lets off a powerful Water Gun in return. Bronzor is pushed back several feet before regaining his balance... Looks like you’ve landed a feisty one. What will you do? 50 Minutes Remaining
    {lol @ you calling my character "Hyurem" sometimes... XD

    Also, about Balmund's update, I love that you colored Orchrist's tail amethyst. I knew I named my Seviper well! Yay unintentional references!}

    The strategy Hyrem had relayed to Daphne was a success! She was able to Quickly catch up to the escaping Chinchou and Attack it with Bullet-like precision, spitting Seeds that knocked it back to the center... and back to the other side of the boat! Slippery floors sure weren't taken into account. Daphne had gone ahead with her Leech Seed attack anyway, and that successfully snared and drained the Chinchou enough so Hyrem could place it into the bucket.

    "Yes! Way to go, Daphne!" Hyrem cheered. "Seedot!" came the triumphant cry of the living Acorn. What a catch! Chinchou were certainly hard to come by in the fishing world, and that may result in his angler fish being the winning catch; he hoped he'd be able to keep it. He checked the time, however, and saw that there was still 50 minutes left in the competition. He was certainly off to a great start, but there may be the possibility of him landing an even better catch somehow.

    He looked over at Andy. Oh wow, he'd gotten a cool catch too! Another quick look at the Pokedex revealed it to be this Pokemon:

    Gorebyss, the South Sea Pokemon. Gorebyss live in the depths. During spring, their bodies gain a more vivid pink color to them. Their speed allows them to easily catch prey and drain their victims of all body fluids.

    He's definitely gonna be busy with that, Hyrem thought, though his Bronzor probably need not worry about any fluids getting drained from it.

    Okay, back to his own fishing. Hyrem remembered that when both trainers tried the Medium-Length Line their Glow Worms and Insects didn't work at all. That left the Seaweed Lure. Now that he had reeled in a Pokemon from deeper waters, he was going to try and see what he could get from the open sea. "All right, Daphne, let's do something a little different this time! If I happen to reel something up, start out with a Leech Seed so we can keep the battle under more control than we did last time. If it looks like a stronger fish than Chinchou was, use Harden to help protect yourself. Then use Bullet Seed, but make sure you use it so the fish doesn't slip all over the place this time."

    Hyrem was finished resetting the Medium-Length Line and fitting it with the Seaweed Lure. Now all he needed to do was cast the line out again and hope he comes across another cool fish.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    Woohoo! About time I posted something! I'm sorry if the quality has decayed a bit, but I've decided to adopt a more rapid-fire style of writing for the sake of speed. Allow me to remind you all that I allow all of you up to three moves per Pokémon (use of items counts as a move, unless it's a hold item like a berry). Also, jolteonjak, please remember to link to your stats on all posts over here. As per usual, anyone not updated will be moved on to the next batch (sorry emp!). Thanks, apologies for the delay, and enjoy!

    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: You found inspiration for your next set of orders seeing how things went during the previous round. Calling your Pokémon back to you try to explain in secret your new elaborate maneouver, much to the Wooper's confusion who wondered just who the heck you thought you were to be calling a time out mid-fight. Explaining your orders, you send your Pokémon back into the fray, only to have them both meet with a Water Gun to the face as soon as they turn back around. Running to Heracross's aid, you quickly spray a Potion over him to ease up some of the damage taken, though it did little to cure his pride; the horned beetle Leering to the Wooper with all of his bitter resentment in return. The mud-fish seemed unphased by the move at this point though, having gained a lot of confidence after ridiculing your Heracross like that, and instead, they both fire a Water Gun at him, adding injury to insult. They seemed to have forgotten about Cyndaquil again, who quickly runs up Heracross's back, jumping high into the air, and pulling every last bit of his limited Grass energy to fire off another Hidden Power. Though the amount of orbs weren't nearly as many as before, the attacks still seems to be greatly effective as they were directed to the same Wooper who had suffered from that attack first. Heracross tops it off, getting some sweet revenge as he uses the last of his own Rock energy, to summon forth another Stone Edge, spreading them over the both Wooper as the jagged stone projectiles land their mark. Though the attack was resisted, you could tell it still hurt. They aren't going to leave it at that though, as they counter once again, the wounded Wooper squirting a final Water Gun to Heracross while the other changes it up a bit with a Mud Shot on Cyndaquil, nailing his other weakness while bathing the poor fire-mouse in mud. The Wooper certainly seemed to have gotten the upper hand over you Pokémon this time around, but one of them looks really weakened by now, and perhaps now is the time to capitalize on this once and for all.

    What will you do?

    OOC: My B Balmund. I’m sorry about that. I thought I was so careful in adding it too. LOL

    “Oh! Sorry guys!” Chad exclaimed as he watched Cyndaquil and Heracross get splashed in their faces by the Woopers’ Water Gun attacks upon returning to the battle. With Heracross looking a little worse off he ran over to the Singlehorn Pokemon to administer one of his Potions to his wounds.

    With anger building in Heracross, he stepped forward staring down the Wooper; but unfortunately they had seen that song and dance before. It didn’t work as well as intended; however, it did give Cyndaquil a chance to prepare a sneak attack. Cyndaquil quickly ran up Heracross’ back, as he’s once more met with Water Gun attacks. Cyndaquil, though, was able to effectively use Hidden Power to score some damage on one of the Wooper. Heracross, retaliated with a wide-spread Stone Edge.

    The Wooper took a lot of damage from that Stone Edge, despite resisting the attack. To counter the attacks they just took, the pair of Water Fish responded with attacks of their own. One Wooper, looking a little more damaged, relied again on Water Gun to make its point known, hitting Heracross. The other changed things up a bit and fired a shot of mud at Cyndaquil, doing lots of damage to him due to his ground-type weakness.

    Surveying what just occurred, Chad realized he could possibly finish one of the Wooper off very soon. He thought for a brief moment. “Cyndaquil use a strong Extrasensory on the weakened Wooper. Heracross use Drain Punch on the other Wooper,” he began to give his orders. “Cyndaquil, Mimic and use Heracross’ Drain Punch. Use it on the weakened Wooper unless it has fainted. Otherwise use it on the stronger one. Heracross, use Night Slash on the same Wooper you just attacked.”

    Chad couldn’t help but feel a little sympathy for both Wooper. He decided to get his last two Potions ready for then the Wooper fainted. He also felt he really had to do something to help them, so they wouldn’t report this battle to Pedro.




    Stats

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post


    ::Raikou's Effigy::

    Nightfall715: You scream to the man when you see his Pokémon not using he had ordered as expected. "B-but, I just commander her to do so!" he complained startled by your comment, and indeed, Panpour wastes not a second more as she provides your Houndour with some much need support, blasting the Bidoof right next to him with a strong blast of water from her tail with her Water Gun; the normal type yelping as it is sent flying into a nearby tree. Truly, a bad day for Beiber, but Lucifer seemed to appreciate the help, and he Howls in celebration, boosting his confidence and offensive prowess while also pumping Mimi up; the Bidoof in turn feeling completely demoralized and intimidated.

    "Dammit Justin, snap out of it! Tackle that monkey, tackle it!" One man screamed and pleaded to the other Bidoof, who looked very hesitant to attack having just been fred from a terrifying flame tornado and witnessing his partner beaten up before its eyes. As Beiber incorporates back up to its feet though, they both gain just enough confidence to attack again, rushing towards your team intent on given them the hardest Tackle they could muster. Lucifer looks troubled by your order to Tackle them in return, the fiery pup not being too familiar with the attack at all, but after quickly glancing over to the Water-type who gives him a quick approving nod in return, he decides to use an attack of his own with which he was very familiar, bathing the charging Beiber with a spray of Embers while Mimi simultaneously quirts another Water Gun to Justin. It took some nerve for the Houndour to outright disobey you, but the attacks were effective at bringing the Bidoof to a halt, and luckily, the fire-attack was just weak enough to not be starting a forest fire anytime soon now thanks to the humidity in the air and the now moist ground from Mimi's Water Sport. Much to your surprise though, the Bidoof still had some fight on them, and shaking off your attacks they quickly incorporate themselves back up before rushing again to your team, both of them ramming against Mimi and Lucifer each with a Tackle. Those were gutsy Bidoof's alright, though probably one more round of all out attacks will do the trick to take them out.

    What will you do?
    Sylvia was worried that Luce couldn’t handle it anymore, but then Lucy just disobeyed her! She couldn’t take it…these bidoof were too strong. But then she had an idea…

    “Luce, use whatever move you want besides Fire Spin or a really strong Ember if this doesn’t work.”

    Sylvia took out a Magost Berry and a Grepa Berry and held them out in front of the bidoof. These berries were favorites of Pokémon…including bidoof. Also it made them more friendly.

    “Hey, bidoof, look. I’m really sorry about little Lucifer, but I’ll give you these two berries if you stop fighting. Please, just let us through, one of our friends is it danger.” She said meekly and as cute as she could. She wanted to be dramatic.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

    Western Shore
    The western shore of Whale Island has more rocky, craggy cliffs than stunning sandy beaches, but has its own attractions nonetheless. Several villages and freshwater springs dot the area. Whether you're here for relaxation, adrenaline rushing water sports, or to find new Pokémon, you're sure to find something to keep you happy during your stay.

    Areas:

    The Lighthouse: A lighthouse situated atop the cliffs overlooking the Delphin Heads, the lighthouse has long since been unmanned. It's light never goes out, however, despite the fact no maintenance has been carried out here for more than forty years...



    Trike! Electrike! Electrike zoomed briskly across the sandy trail. Mini sand dusts formed behind him before settling again. Behind Rey, Poochyena dashed to catch up.

    "Don't go too far Rey and Neko!" Vernon was pacing himself with a light jog, while Tepig was urging him on comfortably in his backpack. Snort snort, Tepig positively said. At last, Vernon could see the horizon line of the ocean, and slowed down to a walking pace. It only took a few steps to finally reveal the small village near the shore below the hill. Above the village overlooks the Lighthouse. It was the only thing out of place in the perfect image. The sparkling ocean, wingulls flying cozily in the sky, swirling white clouds in a perfect blue sky, humble errands being done in the small village, then the lighthouse. Moss covered its bottom half, and rust covered the top. It was situated in a cliff, which Vernon assumed would've been a great sight during a sunset back when the Lighthouse was working. Regardless, Vernon sprinted downhill to catch up to Rey and Neko, who were picking up speed towards the village.

    --

    The village was old and rural. Vernon loved the peaceful aura of the place. Villagers greeted him and pet Neko and Rey as they walked by, even though most of them were in a hurry to do their errands. At the end of the village lies a small cliff, leading to the sandy beach. The cliff wasn't high enough to get someone injured, so Vernon hopped down towards the beach. Tepig hopped off his backpack to enjoy the sand and the sun. Finally, Vernon situated himself in the sand and placed his backpack next to him. He thought about the Lighthouse, and whatever happened to it. You think people in the village might know? Vernon stands up to find out.

    "Guys, stay in the beach for now, I'll be right back." Vernon signaled a Stay hand gesture to them, which made all three stare at him blankly. Then when he turned around and walked back to the village, the three played again.


    OOC: Congrats on being a new updator KG!

    PASBL|FB|WF
    Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
    Trainer Level 3
    C Grade Referee

  17. #292

    Default

    Well, extroph, looks like your my only updatee for the time being.

    The Lighthouse

    extroph:
    You and your three amigos arrive on Whale Island’s scenic Western Shore. Peppered with steep crags, the salty ocean air is simultaneously soothing and invigorating. You ponder the mysterious lighthouse and wonder if the friendly villagers that you’ve passed may know anything about it. With great faith that will behave, you leave Rey, Neko, and Tepig while you go to investigate.

    As you head back toward the village, the lighthouse in the distance once again catches your eye. You stop to admire it from a distance in your solitude. Or what you think is solitude.

    “Aye, lad. A beautiful mystery, she is,” says a voice from behind you.

    You turn and see this man standing behind you. A corncob pipe dangles from his lips, and his dark, wrinkled skin shows the roughness that comes with years of being subjected to the hot sun and sharp winds on the high seas. Though he takes you by surprise, his weary blue eyes appear kind beneath his bushy white eyebrows.

    “As me father told me, in that lighthouse lives the heartbroken soul of the seafarer’s wife. Her husband left early one morning to go on a catch. But the young sailor was ripped in twain upon the high seas by the Monster of the Mist. Aye, but the poor lass couldn’t bare the thought of losing her beloved. So every night she would climb to the top of the tower and light the flame to guide him back to shore. But that, me boy, was many years ago. Though she may have passed, the legend says that her spirit returns every evening to shine love’s everlasting beacon into the night sky hoping that one day he would return…

    Aye, but a legend it is not! It is fact! The Monster of the Mist remains at large, he does! I’ve seen him with me own two eyes! And the seafarer’s wife! Her soul cannot rest! Well, I intend to find the Monster and said the sea demon to the depths of the briney deep where he belongs!”

    The old man grabbed a bucket from the ground stuffed with his rain gear and headed toward a dock near the shore. He waved toward a small, ramshackled old sailboat. From the boat’s deck, three younger men waved back; the crew to this apparent captain.

    “So it’s a sea adventure you desire, lad? Well, come aboard! This always room for another aboard Captain Correia’s ship!”

    The captain headed toward his ship. Who knows what the Monster of the Mist could really be? Do you follow the captain or do you prefer to continue toward the lighthouse in search of the alleged seafarer’s wife?

    What do you do?

  18. #293
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by King Ghidorah View Post
    Well, extroph, looks like your my only updatee for the time being.

    The Lighthouse

    extroph:
    You and your three amigos arrive on Whale Island’s scenic Western Shore. Peppered with steep crags, the salty ocean air is simultaneously soothing and invigorating. You ponder the mysterious lighthouse and wonder if the friendly villagers that you’ve passed may know anything about it. With great faith that will behave, you leave Rey, Neko, and Tepig while you go to investigate.

    As you head back toward the village, the lighthouse in the distance once again catches your eye. You stop to admire it from a distance in your solitude. Or what you think is solitude.

    “Aye, lad. A beautiful mystery, she is,” says a voice from behind you.

    You turn and see this man standing behind you. A corncob pipe dangles from his lips, and his dark, wrinkled skin shows the roughness that comes with years of being subjected to the hot sun and sharp winds on the high seas. Though he takes you by surprise, his weary blue eyes appear kind beneath his bushy white eyebrows.

    “As me father told me, in that lighthouse lives the heartbroken soul of the seafarer’s wife. Her husband left early one morning to go on a catch. But the young sailor was ripped in twain upon the high seas by the Monster of the Mist. Aye, but the poor lass couldn’t bare the thought of losing her beloved. So every night she would climb to the top of the tower and light the flame to guide him back to shore. But that, me boy, was many years ago. Though she may have passed, the legend says that her spirit returns every evening to shine love’s everlasting beacon into the night sky hoping that one day he would return…

    Aye, but a legend it is not! It is fact! The Monster of the Mist remains at large, he does! I’ve seen him with me own two eyes! And the seafarer’s wife! Her soul cannot rest! Well, I intend to find the Monster and said the sea demon to the depths of the briney deep where he belongs!”

    The old man grabbed a bucket from the ground stuffed with his rain gear and headed toward a dock near the shore. He waved toward a small, ramshackled old sailboat. From the boat’s deck, three younger men waved back; the crew to this apparent captain.

    “So it’s a sea adventure you desire, lad? Well, come aboard! This always room for another aboard Captain Correia’s ship!”

    The captain headed toward his ship. Who knows what the Monster of the Mist could really be? Do you follow the captain or do you prefer to continue toward the lighthouse in search of the alleged seafarer’s wife?

    What do you do?
    OOC: Sounds good. We'll get stuff done faster I guess xD

    Vernon grunts as he got up from the shore, and started to walk towards the village. After going deep inside the village, Vernon's interest was pulled by the Lighthouse again. It stood ominously above everything in the area. Vernon felt alone when looking at it. Like he was the only one in the village at the time. All sounds from the busy day was blocked away. Then, he came back to his senses when a man starts a conversation.

    He was in his late 50's but was still strongly built. He proceeded to explain to Vernon what has happened to the seafarer's wife, and how her spirit would come back to turn on the lights of the Lighthouse. All this sounded interesting, but he couldn't face any paranormal experiences for his life. Vernon had a great fear of ghosts....and burglars...and maids....and a lot of things. But then again, maybe a trip to the Lighthouse can toughen him up.

    But then the man headed towards the dock. He invited Vernon to come search for the Monster of the Sea with him, which halved his decisions. Should he come visit the Monster, and possibly get lost in the ocean, or should he get scared to death by a heart broken ghost lady? All this was too much for Vernon, but he nods back to the man. "I'm coming! Lemme go get my friends first." And with that, Vernon hurried towards the shore again, trying not to bump into as much people as possible. As he got closer to shore, he could hear the playful noises of the three. He whistled to call them, and they ran enthusiastically back to him. "Return, all three of you!" At this statement, Vernon threw the Pokeballs of the three Pokemon right above them, and it proceeded to suck them back inside. Vernon knew that Spearow can handle a sea trip, without having the chance of falling off the ship. So he called Vince out, who then squawked joyfully. It was happy to be out of its Pokeball, and into the open sky. For a few minutes it circled high above, but later flew back down, exhausted, and perched on Vernon's arm.

    They jogged excitedly towards Captain Correia’s ship, wondering who the Monster of the Sea could be. Surely it can't be a legendary. Wailord? Sharpedo? Whatever it was, Vernon was excited to see it.

    Vernon's excitement turned to fear after he realized that the ship was an old sailboat. Did he mention that he was afraid of drowning? He doesn't recall, but he decided not to bring it up so the old man won't get offended. After some hesitation, he finally entered the sailboat.





    PASBL|FB|WF
    Extroph's Tiny Art Shack
    Trainer Level 3
    C Grade Referee

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 10

    Time to post this batch now. Apologies to jolteonjak, after a sudden schedule change, I'm not having tomorrow off anymore, and thus, I will have to postpone yours until the next week.

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    MarbleZone: "Okay... right over here, then," Andrew said, sounding more and more dubious about the whole thing, but he was desperate, and seldomly does one sit down to ask questions in desperation, "and remember, nobody outside can know about this!" he reminded you, perhaps a bit too paranoid. You however did not look nearly as worried; how hard could it be to take out a small group of Grimer anyways? Led into the small building, the clark's face suddenly turns pale however, as you both see a lone Grimer in the middle of the hallway, a trace of sludge leading back to a large metallic door shut tight with a makeshift barricade.

    "You've got to be kidding me!" exclaimed Andrew in horrow as he wondered just how the heck did it manage to get out already. For better or worse now will be your chance to prove him your Grimer busting skills.

    What will you do?

    uhhhhh: Alarmed by the situation in front of you, you're quick to issue instructions, Foster going invisibly floating through the door while the waitress sprints out running, screaming like a madwoman for help.

    "I always carry my Pokémon with me," Kim replied to you as you asked for her help, her demeanor changing radically as she did; sure enough she intented to do something about this even if you didn't. "Lola, we need you!" She yells, taking a Love Ball out and throwing it into the air, the ball bursting with bright, lovable colors as the light within materializes into a Lopunny.

    Taking a brief look at the Weavile, you could appreciate the differences between the them; the apparent leader standing in the middle of the three, with a face that denoted an highly calculating and malicious mind. In sharp contrast, the Weavile to its right sported a wide open grin and constantly twitched and foamed from its mouth as if it were on drugs. The third one, in comparison, seemed practically emotionless, looking at you all with an impenetrable gaze.

    Quickly getting into formation, the Weaviles take the initiative as they all simultaneously leap into the air, charging large black orbs between their claws before they're launched into your Pokémon's general direction. Taffy steps in in your defense however, putting forth a Light Screen against the incoming barrage of Shadow Balls. You can hear the screen shatter to pieces as the attacks combine and explode into a single dome of Ghost-energy. As your field of vision clears up, you can see your Pokémon mostly unharmed, but Taffy wasn't looking all that well however.

    Starting the counter-offense, Humphrey stomps hard into the ground, investing significant energy to summon a Rock Tomb from underneath the concrete while Gaspard and Lola both dash forward to meet their opponents head-on. The Weavile too rush onwards to meet them, their leader nimbly dodging the rising grave from the much slower and inexperienced Rock-type, and in turn zig-zagging towards Gaspard with amazing agility, creating illusory copies of itself with its Double team. The monkey Pokémon is surprised at the sudden increase of targets, and takes a wild-guess as he leaps; his Fire-cloaked tail Punching nothing but air as his fist goes right through one of the clones. He isn't quite done however, as he starts glowing a bright green, dashing to another of the images as soon as he lands on his feet, and this time effective nailing the proper target before U-turning to safety with a backflip. The Weavile is clearly not amused as it spits out to the side in disdain, taking a deep breath before howling out a ferocious Blizzard; the ice-cold winds chilling Gaspard greatly, and more so it did to the lower-leveled Humphrey; he will not want to be taking many more of those.

    On Kim's side, Lola swiftly closes the gap between herself and the stern weavile with a pair of long steps while spinning her right arm in the process. As she swings her Dizzy Punch accross the Weavile's face, it is sent flying a few feet back, spinning like a top, but surprisingly, it is able to land on its feet, skirting back a little bit with its expression still unchanged. Dashing towards Lola, it lets loose a quick and astonishing jab which she immediately tries to Protect against in reflex. Woe to her, however, it turned out to be Feint, Weavile suddenly cancelling its attack and whipping its arm against her jaw with a backspin. Before she could even react, the Weavile clenches his cyan-glowing fist before slamming its Ice Punch deep into the Lopunny's gut; a thin patch of ice forming in her midriff as a result. "Lola, now!" Kim commanded, keeping her focus, and the bunny diligently acts on cue, getting hold of the Weavile's arm before spinning it round overhead, launching it against the rocky formation with her Circle Throw.

    Taffy seemed to be having her hand full as she dealt with the final Weavile who howled and laughed hysterically as it hacked and slashed like a beast with its Fury Swipes while Taffy only endured the assault by Curling up in Defense; an action that only fueled the Weavile's insane and disturbing state. Looking to finish off Taffy with stylish overkill, the Weavile's fist shimmers intensely with fighting spirit as it now thrusts a potentially devastating Focus Punch. It failed to notice Taffy's body glowing with a red aura in response however, and just as its fist made contact with her body, she suddenly bursts outwardly like an airbag upon collision, paying the Weavile back in spades with her Counter. You could almost hear the sickening noise of the Weavile's arm being crushed to a pulp in a fraction of a second before it got cannonballed straight into a wall; falling to the ground into complete uncounsciousness though still twitching like a half-dead bug. Taffy doesn't look good at all either after that exchange though, having already taken a beating before your arrival and now only hanging tight out of sheer willpower and desire to see her trainer safe and sound.

    At least one Weavile was down now, though the leader still looked impecably healthy in comparison to everyone else, and as you saw the other one incorporate back to its feet, you could see a change in its expression alright; eyes fixated on Lola as it was apparently affected by her Cute Charm. Unlike how a regular enamoured Weavile would look though, this one now seemed to display extreme bloodlust and excitement. It would seem the kind of love this Weavile has is the kind that kills.

    With all things going on right now, it is hard to relax and think straight if only for a bit, and just as your thoughts turned to Foster and Alice, you're shocked to see the ethereal figure of the Sjuppet being sent flying out of the restroom. As the door opens you see a man clad in black clothing come out from within, his face covered by black bandanas. Perched on his shoulder sat a Murkrow, glaring at you ominously. Behind him you could see Alice's body laying on the floow, and wether she was simply unconscious or worse was something you could not verify yet, but feared the possible answer, and more so did Kim who completely looses her cool and starts breaking down, too shocked to speak.

    "So it was yours... I'll be taking that now, boy." He addressed you while taking a step forward, and it seemed to you that he limped as he did. "Thief." he then simply said, and in an instant it was made very clear what he meant as his Murkrow starts flying towards you, surrounded with an aura of darkness.

    What will you do?

    ::Ampere Beach::

    Emp: The man certainly must be under some sort of sun-induced delusion, but if what he wanted was a beachside Magikarp battle, then you were sure a beachside Magikarp battlehe was gonna get. Being on the far lower end of the spectrum in comparison when it comes to strength and experience in comparison to your other teammates, the experience gained here could only be of his benefit.

    Scrambling back to you feet while Sitch crawled up to your shoulder, you looked down to Guppy, who still flopped pathetically as his water supply was spilled over more and more, before turning to the broom-haired guido, stretching your arm out to him with a cocky grin. Brimming with confidence, you'd even allow him the first move. The man seems amused by your gesture, returning the same cocky grin while giving you a strong bro-handshake, quickly withdrawing his hand afterwards before stroking his gel-saturated hair. "You're gonna lose, bro! Ain't nobody beating Robbie on his turf!" He exclaimed while pointing his thumb to himself.

    You both move to a more suitable area for battle, your naked feet suffering along the way until you reach the moist and cool sand at the shore - at least Guppi seemed content enough to be out of his bucket. Wasting not another second, Robbie throws his own Pokéball into the air, releasing his average-looking Magikarp which flails energetically mid-air before falling into the water.

    "Alright Snookie, let's finish this quick! Dragon Rage!" he commanded with an almost psychotic slasher smile on his face. Now that's a move you don't ever see a Magikarp doing. Perhaps this one isn't nearly as average as one would think.

    What will you do?

    ::Seaside City::

    Charminions: "Excellent" exclaimes the receptionist as you sign the waiver. Perhaps a decision your body might later regret, but, recalling the multiple times you would get pinned by your brothers back at home, learning to fight better was an opportunity you wouldn't pass up. "Right over here please," sha then said before leading you into the locker rooms. "Now, for your own safety, I will need you to wear this." She then said before handing you a pair of elbow and knee protectors. "Feel free to use the showers when you're ready to leave. You can also store your goods within these lockers while you stay here, if you wish. Once you're ready, head over to the ring. The Maestro will be there shortly." She finished with another cute smile.

    Geared up and ready for some wrestling, you walk to the wrestling ring and meet up with the other first-time students that had shown up today. A slander, dark-skinned teen gave you gave you an updward nod in greeting while his Vigoroth seemed completely fixated on Apollo, staring at him in an excited and defiant manner. Next to him, a chubby man with short black hair and a goatee seemed very busy chatting up with another one, young, golden-haired, physically fit man; their Swalot and Pinsir also getting to know each other, mimicking their owners' personality and mannerisms. The duo quickly glance over you and greet you with a short nod before moving on to their conversation. Leaning against a wall, a young lass with a long, black ponytail also looked at you carefully, whereas the Meditite beside her simply sat in an apparent state of deep concentration.

    "Yo!" The slender man suddenly approached. "'Sup, the name's Devon. Listen, I don't know when this 'Maestro' dude is gonna show up, if ever, but all I see in an empty ring and Bubbah here wants to fight." The Vigoroth stared even more intensely to Apollo, pumping itself into a battle frenzy in anticipation. "You gonna testify, or what?" Devon challenged.

    What will you do?

    ::Rainbow Reef::

    xXKratosAurionXx: It had been a long journey since you dared venture out of the winterlands of your home, and well worth it as you stood mouth-agape in amazement before the vast azure ocean. You were already all too eager to explore and see with your own eyes the variety of Pokémon that called this place home, as well as to discover and unravel the secrets left behind by the ancient civilization that thrived on this island once upon a time.

    Ready for whatever layed ahead of you, you abandon the lone sandy bank you stood atop of to dive into the clear and cool waters, encouraging your partner, Brunhilde, to follow; the brave and noble Spheal keeping up with you despite her chubby, round body not yet being fully adapted for graceful underwater swimming. That didn't matter to her though, she would loyally follow you anywhere on each new chapter of your life, be it the ice cold waters of your native home, or the tropical lands of Whale Island.

    Submerging ever deeper into the oceans depths, your eyes widen as they are witness to the marvelous kaleidoscope of colors before you; ever growing in beauty the closer you got. A natural, unreplicable, abstract sculpture, further enhanced by lightstreams filtering from above the surface, exposing it like a priceless jewel under a spotlight. Life flourished wherever you laid your eyes upon as a plethora of Water-type Pokémon swam about in a carefree manner, finding safety and refuge under the protection offered by the reef, and in turn finding themselves living proof of the reef's health and well-being. Before you, a pair of Staryu dance, spinning round and round in a graceful underwater ballet, while not too far off, a giant school of Luvdisc breeze by, swimming together like a single pink, heart-shaped organism. From up above, a Mantine gently glided down to the floor, passing through a field of Tantacool, glowing ruby red as they let themselves get carried away by the currents like Hoppip on a warm summer day. So many different Pokémon already, and this probably was the tip of the iceberg. The possibilities, what else layed there waiting for you to find?

    You're suddenly snapped out of your thoughts however, as Brunhilde taps you in warning. Appearing almost like a ghost, you see a Sharpedo stealthily move about like a tiger on the prowl. As you notice all but the largest of Pokémon hiding into safety, the notion that you might indeed be in great danger is further reinforced. You would have to tread very carefully if you don't want to become food for sharks.

    What will you do?

    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: The prescence of this man was certainly surprising, and you wonder just what kind of person hides behind his stern exterior. That was question that was best answered later, for now, all you could do was to introduce simply introduce yourself and explain your intentions.

    "We have traveled far, and it's getting dark. We seek shelter for the night." Gastly further explained in human tongue, his accent sounding somewhat eerie as one would expect, though his pronounciation actually sounded quite remarkably fluid. Kinda ironic to say that you needed protection against the night, your other close friend, especially coming from the mouth of a Gastly, but you gathered it was a necessary lie. "You wouldn't leave a young lady sleeping outside, would you?" He posed the question, appealing to the old man's sense of charity and honor.

    The man seems to delibarate in silence for a moment, carefully thinking about what he had just heard. "You may come inside," he then said after a pause, his voice sounding tired and rough, "but I would rather you didn't. There's a room downstairs you can use. I will spend the night at the top, as I have done every single night for the past 30 years."

    "Kikyo, your voice has a nice ring to it. It reminds me of my departed wife. My eyes have grown sick - I can only tell the difference between light and shadow... and soon, not even this beacon will be ever able to pull me out of the approaching darkness. Kikyo... if you would... may I hold your hand?" He now politely asked you.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 15th June 2012 at 2:06 AM. Reason: Grammar

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá.
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Rainbow Reef::

    xXKratosAurionXx: It had been a long journey since you dared venture out of the winterlands of your home, and well worth it as you stood mouth-agape in amazement before the vast azure ocean. You were already all too eager to explore and see with your own eyes the variety of Pokémon that called this place home, as well as to discover and unravel the secrets left behind by the ancient civilization that thrived on this island once upon a time.

    Ready for whatever layed ahead of you, you abandon the lone sandy bank you stood atop of to dive into the clear and cool waters, encouraging your partner, Brunhilde, to follow; the brave and noble Spheal keeping up with you despite her chubby, round body not yet being fully adapted for graceful underwater swimming. That didn't matter to her though, she would loyally follow you anywhere on each new chapter of your life, be it the ice cold waters of your native home, or the tropical lands of Whale Island.

    Submerging ever deeper into the oceans depths, your eyes widen as they are witness to the marvelous kaleidoscope of colors before you; ever growing in beauty the closer you got. A natural, unreplicable, abstract sculpture, further enhanced by lightstreams filtering from above the surface, exposing it like a priceless jewel under a spotlight. Life flourished wherever you laid your eyes upon as a plethora of Water-type Pokémon swam about in a carefree manner, finding safety and refuge under the protection offered by the reef, and in turn finding themselves living proof of the reef's health and well-being. Before you, a pair of Staryu dance, spinning round and round in a graceful underwater ballet, while not too far off, a giant school of Luvdisc breeze by, swimming together like a single pink, heart-shaped organism. From up above, a Mantine gently glided down to the floor, passing through a field of Tantacool, glowing ruby red as they let themselves get carried away by the currents like Hoppip on a warm summer day. So many different Pokémon already, and this probably was the tip of the iceberg. The possibilities, what else layed there waiting for you to find?

    You're suddenly snapped out of your thoughts however, as Brunhilde taps you in warning. Appearing almost like a ghost, you see a Sharpedo stealthily moce about like a tiger on the prowl. As you notice all but the largest of Pokémon hiding into safety, the notion that you might indeed be in great danger is further reinforced. You would have to tread very carefully if you don't want to become food for sharks.

    What will you do?
    Our Trainer, deeply engaged in the wonders nad miracles that inhabit the depths of the ocean, is perhaps a bit too distracted from the dangers that may lurk within the azure domain of Water Pokemon. However, thankfully, he is not alone. His trusty partner, Brunhilde, always ready to jump into action, warns our Trainer to wawken from his fantasies of the ocean's diversity, and be wary of the master of the domain, who has finally returned to stand his ground against intruders. Indeed, a Sharpedo, stalking prey like an avid hunter, obviously experienced in the art of survival, swam in and around the waters that surrounded our Trainer and his partner. Deciding to follow his instinct, and stick to the theories he had learned in the Academy, he told to himself and to his trusty Pokemon as he revised his thought process one final time: "Brunhilde, as this is not our Battle... Let us leave the Sharpedo's territory slowly and respectfully, making no notion of weakness, neither disrespect towards the Brutal Pokemon's dominion over these waters. There are many reported ruin sites in these waters, so let us survey another one for the time being. Be on your guard, however, for if necesarry, we must answer accordingly to the threat..."

    As he told these words to his Pokemon, our Trainer could feel his adrenaline flowing, and his heart beating faster, and faster as he slowly pulled back from the Sharpedo's territory, following the advice the other Pokemon had left him. Deciding to continue his hunt for ruins and Pokemon elsewhere, he slowly swam away in such a manner as not to alert not provoke the blue giant that continues to proul around, searching for prey. Yet, remembering his teachings and his training, our Trainer finally achieved a degree of serenity, focusing his mind, much like the Captain had taught him to in the Academy during several combat and Battle drill courses, and displayed no fear as he made his slow retreat. Wether the Sharpedo could notice, however, was far beyond his reach, and he could only hope that he could escape unnoticed from the maw of the Brutal Pokemon, and that the mighty shark would not find his partner's round shape too enticing to actually lounge in for the kill...
    [水]
    Former OSL Gym Leader


    "Hear my call and arise before me..."

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.



    Suicune's Effigy: A life size stone statue of the Legendary Aurora Pokémon Suicune, depicted in an eternal roar. Some say the statue is real, and that Suicune comes to life when needed. Whether this is true or not, the statue has a powerful presence and some swear its eyes follow them as they pass by.
    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125

  22. #297
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    Time to post this batch now. Apologies to jolteonjak, after a sudden schedule change, I'm not having tomorrow off anymore, and thus, I will have to postpone yours until the next week.

    ::Ampere Beach::

    Emp: The man certainly must be under some sort of sun-induced delusion, but if what he wanted was a beachside Magikarp battle, then you were sure a beachside Magikarp battlehe was gonna get. Being on the far lower end of the spectrum in comparison when it comes to strength and experience in comparison to your other teammates, the experience gained here could only be of his benefit.

    Scrambling back to you feet while Sitch crawled up to your shoulder, you looked down to Guppy, who still flopped pathetically as his water supply was spilled over more and more, before turning to the broom-haired guido, stretching your arm out to him with a cocky grin. Brimming with confidence, you'd even allow him the first move. The man seems amused by your gesture, returning the same cocky grin while giving you a strong bro-handshake, quickly withdrawing his hand afterwards before stroking his gel-saturated hair. "You're gonna lose, bro! Ain't nobody beating Robbie on his turf!" He exclaimed while pointing his thumb to himself.

    You both move to a more suitable area for battle, your naked feet suffering along the way until you reach the moist and cool sand at the shore - at least Guppi seemed content enough to be out of his bucket. Wasting not another second, Robbie throws his own Pokéball into the air, releasing his average-looking Magikarp which flails energetically mid-air before falling into the water.

    "Alright Snookie, let's finish this quick! Dragon Rage!" he commanded with an almost psychotic slasher smile on his face. Now that's a move you don't ever see a Magikarp doing. Perhaps this one isn't nearly as average as one would think.

    What will you do?
    Wes’s grin was instantly reciprocated, the guido looking entertained by the much smaller kid’s show of confidence. It was a battle of two rather inflated egos as the trainer’s hand was yanked by the bodybuilder and shaken firmly. Wes winced as he pulled away from the handshake with his whole hand throbbing slightly. Signs of exasperation were already showing on the kid’s face as the hunk combed his fingers through his slick-back hair smugly. He couldn’t imagine the embarrassment of losing to such an dim-witted beachgoer, that wasn’t an option.

    "You're gonna lose, bro! Ain't nobody beating Robbie on his turf!" he boasted, flicking a thumb toward his dancing pecks.
    “We’ll see about that...” Wes muttered under his breath, a great smirk growing on his face as he grabbed the handles of the shallow pail.

    Not wanting to dehydrate the sorry salmon, the pair strolled further out toward the sea. Water tipped out of the bucket which was now almost drained as Wes frantically scuttled down the coast with his bare soles pulsing against the scalding sand. Wes paused in relief as his feet slumped into the moist shoreline, the muddy sand wriggling between his toes and soothing his burnt soles. He felt the foamy tide wash the sand away again, it was cold for a second but as he made his way into the turquoise sea it felt warm around his waist. Sitch clambered further up Wes now balancing on his crown – he didn’t like the idea of getting water in his pants. The trainer’s swim shorts billowed against the gentle waves as he held the bucket now in both hands. With a gentle tip, the now gasping Magikarp poured out of the pail and into the salty sea. He swam circles around the trainer for a while as his dry scales glistened healthily again, happy enough to stretch his fins.

    “You up for some battling buddy?” Wes asked, not really getting any response from Guppy. When the trainer looked back up Robbie was sending out his own carp. He coolly pitched a Pokéball skyward, the ball dipping in midair and cracking open to reveal a regular orange Magikarp. The Karp flailed into the water with a splash - Guppy swimming over to get a closer look. He’d never met another of his kind before. Before small talk could be made, the bodybuilder volleyed his first orders. Wes’s jaw dropped, “Dragon Rage?” He looked ahead in confusion, Robbie’s smile was twisted and Wes wasn’t sure if this meant he’d lost his marbles or this was some sort of secret weapon.

    “Okay... Bounce over the ‘Dragon Rage’ and into her”, Wes replied nervously, “Then bash the carp with two hard Tackles!” Wes thought he’d best not underestimate the opponent and suffer a humiliating defeat. The shiny Magikarp acknowledged his trainer for the first time all day as he bobbed forward ready for the fight of his life.

    FB

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Central Plains
    Mostly fertile farmland there's not much here for your average tourist or trainer although a few areas of interest do attract the more adventurous trainers. Electric Pokémon thrive out here and are often found roaming the fields. Better beware though, they're not all that fond of trainers getting too close to their young so take a wrong step and you may find yourself on the wrong end of a lightning bolt that hasn't come from the sky.

    Energos Quarry: As a mine abandoned after an errant spark caused a massive cave-in that crushed hundreds of workers, Energos Quarry is full of an electro-magnetic ore that causes electrical devices to malfunction and electric Pokémon to act strangely even inside their Pokéballs. Although abandoned, there are still many gemstones to be found in the tunnels and mines within, although plucky adventurers are warned that some of the Pokémon living in the mines may be reluctant to part with the treasures.
    Alli and Pluto stared intently at the entrance to the Energos Quarry. Behind the splintery wooden frame the pathway inside slowly gave way to pitch blackness. "It's kind of spooky," mumbled Alli. Pluto ignored his trainer and stood beside her while playing with a yo-yo. "I think we'll find some good electric-type Pokemon in there," she rolled a Pokeball back and fourth in her hands. Pluto flipped the yo-yo upwards and caught it in his mouth. He chewed it and sipped up the yo-yo string like a piece of spaghetti. "Hey!," Alli extended a hand and Pluto spit up the mashed, slobbered yo-yo into it. Alli shook the yo-yo off and stuffed it into her backpack.

    Pluto, despite his apathetic demeanor, was equally excited about the mine. There were gemstones in there, Pluto could tell, and thoughts of consuming them made him salivate. After locating the jewels, Pluto wanted either to immediately claim them as his own or deceive who ever did have them into giving them up. Of course, that might entail a quick escape plan. Pluto glanced up at his trainer who wore a hopelessly naďve grin on her face. This meant further planning was in order. Pluto began to conjure up more schemes to ensure his success.

    Electricity crackled from inside the cave. "You know what I think happened to this mine," Alli started. Pluto didn't want to know, but knew he'd have to listen through it anyway and kept quiet. "I bet you it was a Thunderbird that flew down and zapped this mine with lightening, causing all the Pokemon inside to be super charged and turning them into the first electric-types!" Pluto shook his head discouragingly, but Alli took no notice of it. Neither one of them knew the tragic truth of what really happened in the mine. Alli would never have dared venture into such a dangerous grotto if she'd known.

    While focusing on the mine entrance, Alli she took a deep breathe. "Okay, here we go!" Alli marched forward into the darkness. Pluto did not. He waited for a moment until Alli reemerged. "It's kind of dark in there." She scooped Pluto up into her arms and he promptly went limp. Alli held his head up and let his glowing eyes light the way as the two of them traveled deep into the gloomy cavern.


    Profile
    Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 8:01 PM.

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Seaside City::

    Charminions: "Excellent" exclaimes the receptionist as you sign the waiver. Perhaps a decision your body might later regret, but, recalling the multiple times you would get pinned by your brothers back at home, learning to fight better was an opportunity you wouldn't pass up. "Right over here please," sha then said before leading you into the locker rooms. "Now, for your own safety, I will need you to wear this." She then said before handing you a pair of elbow and knee protectors. "Feel free to use the showers when you're ready to leave. You can also store your goods within these lockers while you stay here, if you wish. Once you're ready, head over to the ring. The Maestro will be there shortly." She finished with another cute smile.

    Geared up and ready for some wrestling, you walk to the wrestling ring and meet up with the other first-time students that had shown up today. A slander, dark-skinned teen gave you gave you an updward nod in greeting while his Vigoroth seemed completely fixated on Apollo, staring at him in an excited and defiant manner. Next to him, a chubby man with short black hair and a goatee seemed very busy chatting up with another one, young, golden-haired, physically fit man; their Swalot and Pinsir also getting to know each other, mimicking their owners' personality and mannerisms. The duo quickly glance over you and greet you with a short nod before moving on to their conversation. Leaning against a wall, a young lass with a long, black ponytail also looked at you carefully, whereas the Meditite beside her simply sat in an apparent state of deep concentration.

    "Yo!" The slender man suddenly approached. "'Sup, the name's Devon. Listen, I don't when this 'Maestro' dude is gonna show up, if ever, but all I see in an empty ring and Bubbah here wants to fight." The Vigoroth stared even more intensely to Apollo, pumping itself into a battle frenzy in anticipation. "You gonna testify, or what?" Devon challenged.

    What will you do?
    "Excellent," the receptionist delightfully says as Charm finishes signing the waiver. "Right over here please," she begins leading them to the locker rooms. Charm felt a little giddy for what's to come, but also slightly worried for his and his pokemon's safety. "Now, for your own safety, I will need you to wear this," the receptionist hands him some knee and elbow safety gear. Feel free to use the showers when you're ready to leave. You can also store your goods within these lockers while you stay here, if you wish. Once you're ready, head over to the ring. The Maestro will be there shortly," she finishes, giving a final warm smile before leaving. Charm has to look away so he can hide his blush.

    After suiting up the protective gear, the duo walks to the wrestling ring and finds quite a few people already waiting there. A dark-skinned teen with a Vigoroth gives him a upward nod while the Vigoroth stares intently at Apollo. "Keep your eyes open, Apollo, that Vigoroth may want to eat you," Charm warns, shuddering at their previous experiance in The Cloud Forest. Beside them was a fat guy with a goatee and short black hair chatting with a golden haired man who looks quite fit; their Swalot and Pinsir are also chit chatting away in the same fashion as their trainers. They give Charm a quick nod before continuing their conversation. Charm looks on and sees a young girl with a black ponytail staring at them. Charm looks away, Oh god, another woman... but what is she doing taking a wrestling class? he thinks to himself, I hope I don't end up wrestling her... Beside the black haired lass was a Meditite meditating away. And great, her Pokemon has a type advantage over mine as well... Charm is probably overthinking the situation when he's suddenly approached by the slander dark-skinned teen.

    "Yo!" he calls out to Charm. "'Sup, the name's Devon. Listen, I don't when this 'Maestro' dude is gonna show up, if ever, but all I see in an empty ring and Bubbah here wants to fight." His Vigoroth, Bubbah, continues staring at Apollo and readying himself for battle. "You gonna testify, or what?" he asks.

    Charm thinks it over for a second; an unauthorized battle is probably a bad idea, but there's no way Charm is turning down a challenge. "Definitely," Charm answers. "By the way, I'm Charm and this is my Combusken, Apollo". Apollo gives a loud "Combusken!" as he pumps himself up for battle, answering the Vigoroth with his own death stare.

    The combatents ready themselves on the ring and Charm calls out his orders, "Alright Apollo, let's start with an Agility to speed yourself up. Then follow with a Fire Punch. Finish with a Double Kick!" Apollo gives a nod and gets in a fighting stance, showing he's ready for battle.

  25. #300
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default Whale Island - 11

    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: Adrenaline pumps through your veins as you approach one of the empty seats, taking on the roll of reluctant babysitter as you hunker down next to a child sporting a Pikachu costume. “OH HI THERE MY NAME’S BILLY WHATS YOURS?. IM SIX AND A HALF YEARS OLD MY MOM SAYS I’M TOO LITTLE TO RIDE THE KYA-KYO-“ You sigh as the kid spends about a minute trying to pronounce the legendary orca’s name, feeling like you should probably wave the attention of the ride attendant by now. But as the metal bar closed down tight on your gut you realise its too late. A sharp piston signals the start of the ride, a release of pressure sending the carts wheeling out of the station. Breaking out of the tunnel your eyes readjust to the light and you spot a huge pool built around the coaster’s tracks with several glass tunnels weaving in and out of it. As you look around in awe your heart skips a beat with a hook grappling onto the bottom of the cart as you reached a sharp incline. The kid continues to ask invasive questions, the barrier barely keeping him seated as he attempts to clamber out of the ride. You pull the kid back by one of his Pikachu ears at the ride continues its near-verticle climb into the skies. The few Goldeen you could spot diving in and out of the water below looked like tiny ants now as you had a birds eye view of the whole park. You squint toward the entrance, noticing the band of nefarious environmentalists were no longer protesting outside.

    “HERE WE GO!” The kid screams, his feet swinging off the edge of the seat as you barely catch sight of the deaf-defying drop. With a noisy swoosh the cart tumbles over the edge at breakneck speed, eliciting a loud scream on your part and an even louder scream from Billy who was wailing in terror. The g-forces make your stomach turn as your cheeks ripple in the intense velocity – what a feeling! Before you know what’s hit you the ride crashes into the water causing an eruption of white foam, the salty spray going up your nose and into your eyes. The water rains down for a few seconds, soaking you to the bone and leaving the kid even more terrified as the pointy ears of his costume turned flaccid. The ride wasn’t over yet. The coaster continues through a series of steeps and falls, tunnels and loop-de-loops. The ride starts to slow down now as it enters one of the underwater tunnels, the thick glass giving you a good view of the spectacular wildlife. A school of Magikarp narrowly speeds overhead whilst you spot a mysterious looking Cloyster release a few bubbles from its bivalve before clamping shut.

    Clerchunk

    Suddenly the ride grinds to a halt, sending you jerking forward with a great deal of pain as the metal bar punches the air out of your stomach. “WAAAAAAH I WANNA GET OFF!” Screams the kid. You can’t help share his feelings as you stare more intently at the glass: It’d been heavily vandalised. There was a Team Aqua insignia scaled in red spraypaint on the window, and what looked like a small radio taped across it. Just behind you the a control box had been ripped apart somehow, sparking dangerously as several red wires stuck out. It looked like you were stuck. What’s worse is that the radio-like device suddenly starts blinking and nearby Sharpedo nosedive toward the tunnel in a wild frenzy! The school of sharks start bashing their heads against the window, the kid now screaming louder than ever. Whilst the tempered glass looked safe you soon start to notice small cracks. If you didn’t do something fast you’d end up fish food... What will you do?

    Pengyzu: With Wingull the first casualty of the match your chances of pulling a win seemed certain. Mienfoo was surrounded and the youngster was looking desperate now. “JUMP KIIIICK” He yells stubbornly from the sidelines, not wanting to go out with a fight. Your orders seemed foolproof though as Kara and the famous Wailmer spring into action. The mustelid pants before lunging toward Keiko, something invisible suddenly grabbing both his arms and rendering the rodent immobile. The Ralts could be seen from high up on the waterslide scrunching his face as he channels a Psychic through his twistedspoon. The Wailmer calf couldn’t look more confident now as he sprung into the air with a crowd pleasing Bounce, somersaulting in midair before plummeting toward the fox who was still struggling to break free. Suddenly! The Mienfoo manages to release a leg which he Kicks skyward with Wailmer inches away... BOOM The two attacks collide, Mienfoo skidding down the pool in a jet of foamy water whilst Wailmer hurtled toward the heavens! Level Up for Kara

    You squint in panic as the Wailmer keeps gaining altitude, now nothing but a blip in the sky. He suddenly starts to dip back to earth, but the blast had sent him crashing miles away from the kiddie pool. You watch in horror as the Wailmer calf drops somewhere on the other side of the park. The youngster shares your expression of disbelief as he recalls his knocked out Pokémon, whistling innocently as he scuttles away from the swimming pool. What were you going to do?! The big show was going to start in about a few hours time and you’d lost the star attraction! Once you finally calm down you decide the best way of tracking down Keiko would be to check the wildlife exhibits near to where he landed and ask if anyone had seen him. After all, a six-foot tall Wailmer calf wouldn’t be that hard to find, right? You worriedly amble toward the nearest signpost, there were two attractions pointing in Keiko’s direction: The Polar Exhibit and The Sharpedo Tanks. Where will you head first?

    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: DS: I blame this fella ^^;

    It had taken a good half hour but finally both trainers had landed a bite and the trip was turning out a great success. Whilst Hyrem had bucketed his first fish after a fair struggle, Andy’s catch was proving a lot tougher to confine as it slid toward open water returning any of Tsar’s hits with twice the force. The trainer would sure need his wits about him to secure such a rare catch. Hyrem lined up his fishing tackle again as built another rod. This time he weaved a medium-length line through the metal hoops and hooked on a Seaweed lure which looked like a lock of Tangrowth’s curls. Leaning back he waved the rod forward, and with a plop it landed into the blue surf and plummeted midway down the ocean. Hyrem’s eyes lit up as he made out a few fish Pokémon already taking interest.

    Just a few feet away adrenaline was pumping through Andy’s blood, competition getting the best of him as he’d probably landed the rarest catch on the boat. This excitement would be short-lived however if he let it get away! Just as quick as the orders leave his lips, Andy’s Bronzor hovers into action to intercept the snipe eel. Tsar nudges the Pokémon with a Tackle, provoking it enough to shoot off a Water Pulse in return. The aqua sphere collides with the mirror for a considerable hit, Tsar tumbling past the railings like a flipped coin. When he finally regains balance, water running off his shiny body, he spots the pink fish now inches from the edge of the cruiser. About to Dive back out of sight, the Gorebyss is caught off guard as a Confusion zaps it in the snout. The fish doesn’t think it safe to exit from this side of the boat, and starts squirming towards the nose of the liner until she’s joined by another catch...

    With a strong yank Hyrem’s reel spins as one of the silhouetted fishes bites. With the fishing rod bending with considerable strain, the trainer supports himself against the railings whilst tugging with considerable effort. Beads of sweat start to trickle down his forehead, he could tell this catch was much stronger than the one he’d landed earlier. With the line much shorter it’s not long before the fish is in visual range – a large carnivorous-looking fish jerking feverishly with the sharp hook caught on its top lip. The green bass snarls as he’s towed out of the water with one last pull, thudding on the deck a few times before coming to a standstill. With a black streak down the top of its body and two red stripes above its eyes, you identify this catch as Basculin – the Hostile Pokémon. The fish quickly lives up to its name as Daphne fires off a Leech Seed, the bass ravaging through the vine netting with a Crunch. The Seedot shudders, and starts to Harden herself frozen in place. The Basculin isn’t quite interested in the acorn though as it leaps for Hyrem. A throbbing pain suddenly pulses up the angler’s leg as it Bites onto his foot! Its dagger-like teeth make quick work of Hyrem’s sneakers with the points scraping against his flesh. Acorn’s eyes widen, scuttling up and peppering the fish with another shower of Bullet Seeds. The bass drops instinctively, blood stained down the newly waxed floorboards. It looked like this fish was more interested in revenge than a getaway... 40 minutes remaining

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Your trip to the magnificent Cascade Watefall wasn’t off to a great start. Just as Skitty was getting used to the noisy sound of crashing waterfalls, he’d been soaked by a playful Phanpy who’d broken off from its herd without warning. Your eyes fixate on the mother Donphan’s thick tusks as she mothers over her offspring, immediately sensing danger as the kitten hisses wildly. The baby elephant is oblivious to the cat’s loathing as he trumpets cutely, bounding after Skitty’s paw-like tail which was stuck up as a sign of defence. With the cat’s claws sharpened you sense you’d be in a heap of trouble if she left a scratch on Phanpy calf’s face. With the Skitty’s body hunched irritably, you quickly intervene by plucking her away from the Phanpy by the skin of her neck. You reason that the Phanpy only wanted to play and by retaliating she’d be picking a fight with the dangerous-looking mother. The kitten meows in despair as you run a towel through her dripping-wet fur, Phanpy trying to push the towel away so he could carry on playing.

    You sit back cautiously as the ‘fun’ between the two Pokémon continued. Skitty was furious as the Phanpy kept pressing its trunk against her whiskers curiously, raising a paw before catching sight of the mother just a stretch away. It then tucks into a ball and begins Rolling Out around the cat – causing her to go bezerk as she tries to catch it like a ball of twine. Not before long the elephant’s younger brothers and sisters had snuck past their mother’s watchful eye - all fascinated by Skitty. She reluctantly plays nice, still hissing as the parade of Phanpy jumps on her head and licks her face. This is quite amusing from a bystander’s point, but any smile you might have had turns into caution as a loud THRUMP cuts through the air. You look over to the Donphan that was fixated on you, its padded foot scratching at the bank as it prepared to charge! It looks like she doesn’t trust you for some reason...

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •