Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom Isle - The Haunted Theme Park

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    uhhhhh- Connor thinks about the Drifloon's behavior and comes to the conclusion that the Drifloon does not appear to be actively trying to attack Connor. In fact, the balloon Pokemon's behavior seems to indicate a more defensive stance as a result of being attacked. Based on what he has observed so far, he calls off Gaspard's assault. Gaspard responds with a confused look, as Connor approaches the Drifloon with an apology and an explanation for Gaspard's behavior. After all, being suddenly charged at with scissors is pretty threatening. Connor lets the Drifloon know that he just wants to understand the ghost-type's intentions more clearly, especially regarding this whole business with the balloon. Connor is aware that he is taking a huge risk, considering that the vision he had seen involved his attacker becoming a Drifloon. As Connor talks, the Drifloon appears to be slowly inflating itself, until it is twice its normal size; strangely, it does not appear to be preparing an attack, though it is preparing something... Finally, as Connor finishes speaking by asking if the Drifloon has anything it would like to tell Connor and Gaspard, it begins to deflate, the air coming out of the Drifloon's mouth forming an airy, high-pitched voice; despite the ethereal quality of the voice, it somehow seems angry:

"Sorry, huh? I'll bet you're sorry... That balloon's full of evil! Stop being a stupid pair of monkeys and give me those scissors! As the balloon deflates, the anger in its voice seems to deflate as well. It slowly inflates again, in order to exhale another airy monologue: You're in a lot of danger. If you do not accept my help... ha, THEN you'll know the meaning of being sorry. The balloon Pokemon now deflated to its normal size again, it holds out a yellow appendage towards Gaspard, as if asking him to return the scissors. How will Connor and Gaspard respond?
    "Sorry, huh? I'll bet you're sorry... That balloon's full of evil! Stop being a stupid pair of monkeys and give me those scissors!" the Drifloon had said to him. Connor frowned. It was not exactly the reply he had wanted out of the balloon Pokemon. "Er... why is that? As much as I want to trust you, you're still not telling me what's going on. Why are you after the balloon?" Connor asked him as Gaspard just stared at the Drifloon with the scissors still on his tail-hand, still doubting its intentions. As the Drifloon inhaled to prepare to say something to Connor again, Gaspard gave the scissors to Connor. Connor stared at the scissors on his hand, wondering what in the world is going on. He really wanted to trust the little guy, but there are still a few doubts inside him that's preventing him from doing so.

"You're in a lot of danger. If you do not accept my help... ha, THEN you'll know the meaning of being sorry." the Drifloon continued while holding out one of its yellow appendages to Connor. Connor and Gaspard looked at each other, most likely thinking the same thing. Danger? What was the Drifloon talking about? The photographer contemplated on whether or not he could trust the balloon, despite not saying much as to what's going on. After a while, he replied, "I want to believe that you're helping us Drifloon, I really do. However, I still have no idea what this 'danger' that you're talking about is. And who's to say that you're actually the one putting me and Gaspard here in danger? Which is why I've come to a decision," he paused for a while as he looked at Gaspard and then back at the Drifloon, "I'll accept your help and I'll hand the scissors over. However, you'll have to tell us first everything you know about the matter and why exactly are we in danger. Is it a deal?" Connor asked the Drifloon.

Balmund- Balmund is honest with William, admitting that he has no idea what the significance of the number 10 could be. He then asks William if he could perhaps explain what is going on, since he seems to know something about the ride. William takes on a more serious expression, and leans toward Balmund, placing a hand perpendicular his mouth in order to indicate that he is about to whisper; "I wish I could, but the walls have ears and we don't have much time 'til we're at the gate... I want you to listen to me very carefully. If the Guardians of this place find out that you don't belong here, they will come after you. Pretend you belong. Pretend you're here for a fun day at the park. The longer we can go without them chasing us, the better." William retracts his hand, putting on a smiling face as the ride enters the docking station backwards. He forces a laugh and points at Balmund, pretending to be in mid-conversation about their recent rollercoaster ride. His large grin and overexaggerated mannerisms are in sharp contrast to his former demeanor. "Man, the look on your face when you looked down from the summit! You looked like you were gonna s**t yourself! Ha-HA! I can't wait to go again... First, though, I think we should grab somethin' to eat. All that screamin' made me effin' hungry!!"

As the pair come to a slow halt at the docking station, it appears as if the park has come back to life again; trainers and children in somewhat outdated clothing wait in lines at the docking station, eagerly awaiting their turn at the Rollerquaza. The once shabby, dust-filled station is now bright, freshly-painted and full of energy. What remains unchanged, however, is the eerie mascot that awaits your arrival; standing at the controls, he allows for the restraints to be lifted off of your shoulders, and motions for you to exit the ride. His expressionless mask's plastic-eyed gaze follows you both as you dismount from the Rollerquaza; William whispers to Balmund, "Man, I guess that thing was always an effin' creep show..." He laughs a bit after this whispered bit of dialog, though his eyes betray his nervousness around this mascot. Filing in with the lines of people leaving the Rollerquaza and praising its amazing ability to make parents throw up (to the simultaneous amusement and disgust of their children) in addition to making children scream with fear and delight, William turns to Balmund, attempting to initiate some kind of park-related conversation. "So, Duke, where d'you want to eat? I'm like a Gulpin, man... I can eat pretty much anything. Pika-Pizza in the Food Court has some decent, cheap food, or we could go to one of the snack stands and get some ice cream or somethin'..." He reaches into his backpack, and pulls out a map of the park to show Balmund. He can see that clearly marked on the map is a path drawn in red marker, which begins at the Rollerquaza ride. From the Rollerquaza, the path goes through the food court, down through the various carnival games, past Mantine Mania and to the Ghost Train. The path ends at the Ghost Train with a single red "X", with little explanation as to what the path could mean. He points at the Food Court, and seems to be studying the various food options that line his pre-determined path. "Let's see... Houndour's flamin' hot dogs always has a bit of a line, but their stuff's really good. Pika-Pizza is cheap and pretty good, like I said before... the one-stop snack shop would be really quick, but it's mostly ice cream and chips and s**t; nothing too filling. Finally, there's the salad bar, if you're into that healthy nonsense." He turns to Balmund. "I'll leave it up to you, man... It's been a rough ride for you, so you deserve to pick the meal." As the two men walk and talk, neither can seem to shake the feeling that they are being watched. William quickly folds up the map and puts it away, as if keeping it out too long was somehow dangerous. "So, what are you in the mood for?"

How does Balmund respond?
    As Balmund asks about what is going on, William leans towards him and whispers about the dangers of this place. It wasn't safe talking about it, at least for now. Heck, just being here as is wasn't safe at all, but Will's advice sounded healhy and wise: it was best to act like you belog. As William radically changes his demeanor, pretending to be conversing excitedly about the wild ride they just, Balmund stares at him blankly for just a second, processing all the information he had just recieved before transforming his facial expression as well, looking very excited and thrilled; not that hard to do, his heart was already accelerated as is, and the adrenaline remnants were still running through his body. "Ha, ha, yeah! I can only imagine how I must've looked! Do ya think they took a picture? I bet they got me mid-blink, they always do." he laughed out loud. "Dude, food! I'm sooo effing hungry too!"

Everything looked back to life as they returned to the docking station. So many people, all dressed in an outdated clothing style reminiscent of the one his own father used to wear in his younger days. The Rollerquaza's mascot was still there, and Balmund could agree with Will that its creepiness factor was still rather unchanged. Dismounting the ride, Will tries starting a conversation with Balmund, wondering where they should go next to eat. Pulling a map out of his bag, William shows a path going throughout various destinations eventually leading into the Ghost Train. The first stop on the way just happened to be the food court, and Will was generous enough to allow Balmund to choose the place he liked best.

"Honestly, who needs salads, man? Here, of all places... bunch of "healthy" c***. If I could have some Jack-Daniel's glazed ribs I would die a happy man, but pizza sounds awesome. Hot Dogs are great too, but I don't think either of us is in the mood to wait in line, eh?" Balmund responded, and indeed, the more time they spent here the more likely the guardians would find that they didn't quite belong. Balmund had no idea what the path on William's map meant, but he gathered he would find the answers soon enough, and meanwhile a quick and cheap pizza sounded just perfect. "I say we go get some delicious pizza, genereously topped with all that fake mozzarella goodness."
    Last edited by Balmund; 8th June 2012 at 2:32 AM.

takkupanda- Broly seems more than happy to follow the little Yamask into the seemingly abandoned Mantine Mania Station; Marcelo, on the other hand, is hesitant. After all, where would they go if something went wrong? Not only that, the likelihood of something going wrong in a haunted place like this seems rather high. Marcelo stops Broly and whispers his concerns to the fiery canine. Though Broly cannot respond in words, a nod followed by a soft nuzzle to the leg seems to be his way of saying, "Don't worry; everything will be okay." Marcelo thinks for a moment, but ultimately decides to place his trust in his Pokemon, agreeing to enter the station with Broly.

Broly is first to jump through the small opening, and is able to enter with no problems. Marcelo, on the other hand, struggles a bit to contort himself in such a way that he would be able to fit through; the experience involves some awkward angles and moments of feeling stuck, but ultimately, Marcelo is able to force his way in and tumble through the opening, which is promptly shut behind them by their Yamask friend. After dusting himself off and checking to make sure that Broly is alright, Marcelo takes a look at his surroundings. Though the trappings of a train station peak through every now and then, the place appears to have been remodeled considerably; a small kitchen and dining area with a plate of berries on the table has been included, with a long row of tiny chairs, presumably for tiny people. The alphabet is painted on the ceiling, though only the letters A, K, M, S and Y are represented. The main lobby of the train station appears to have been converted into a playroom, though the "children" there are certainly unique; two Yamask with masks shaped like the faces of little boys play with retro Golurk action figures, making laser noises and simulating explosions with their imaginations. A Yamask with the mask of a toddler girl hugs an old, tattered stuffed Buneary as the mask hums to itself. A Yamask with the face of an elementary schoolgirl tries to play hopscotch, though it appears that she and her other Yamask friends are trying to figure out how to stop floating and then, once that's accomplished, how to "hop" with their ghostly bodies. One seems to be doing an odd sort of flop where they use their arms to lift themselves up and then plop down on the next square. Though not a very effective hopscotch method, the girls appear to be laughing, both with their masks and with their Pokemon heads.A Yamask with a carton of berry juice approaches Broly and pats him on the head. It coos in Yamask language, a big smile on his elementary schoolboy mask. Overall, despite the clearly ominous exterior of the building, the interior feels decidedly less frightening, though the feeling that pervades here is heavy and confusing. It is hard to tell whether this is a place of happiness or sadness... Perhaps a mixture of both.

In the distance, you hear what sounds like a lullaby in a strange language: Cofa-coooof, cofa-coooof, cofagriiigus cof-cof-fa, gri-gi-guuus, gri-gi-guus, cofagri-gri-gus, cof-cof. Broly seems to want to investigate the lullaby, wasting no time bounding towards it. Marcelo follows, too, and finds a Cofagrigous in the former ticket booth using its upper pair of arms to rock a small Yamask with the mask of an infant to sleep. The room is lined with cradles; oddly enough, though the masks of the infants appear to be sound asleep, the Yamask faces themselves are wide awake, staring blankly at the ceiling... The Cofagrigus rocking the "baby" notices Marcelo immediately, and puts a free arm up to its mouth, as if to indicate the need to be quiet. It places the baby into an empty crib, and floats toward a door labeled "STORAGE". It opens the door and encourages Marcelo and Broly to follow it; inside are two small chairs separated by a wooden table, presumably acting as a small office space. The Cofagrigus ushers Marcelo and Broly inside, and closes the door behind them. It is then that the medallion on the Cofagrigus' "coffin" body speaks, in a calm, professional female voice. "You can call me Mama Coffee. I run the Afterlife Services here at Mantine Mania. I was wondering if you and your Growlithe might be able to help me with a few things..." She chuckles a bit. "Oh, where are my manners? I'm supposing you would like a tour of our facilities. It is a rather strange place, to be sure... a rare sight for the living..." The Cofagrigus' medallion face smiles serenely, though the Pokemon face seems permanently stuck in the trademark, horrific grin so often associated with the species. "...or would you like to get right down to business?"

How does Marcelo respond?
    As the duo struggled through the narrow opening with some difficulty, they eventually reached a somewhat alien world. Though it did look a bit like the remnants of an old Train Station, it was noticeably different. The furniture was designed as if made for people of much smaller size than humans. Marcelo realized then that this was where the Yamasks lived. There was a striking similarity between this place and a place where humans might be living. Marcelo wondered why, but couldn't find the link until he saw the inhabitants. There were Yamask "kids" who were playing with their Pokemon toys. They were trying all the games which they must have learned in their previous lives and horribly failing at some of them, though clearly having a lot fun trying them out. One of the kids came and patted Broly on his head. Broly closed his eyes playfully and let the Yamask pet him... he was happy at getting so much attention today. Marcelo realized that this is where the Ya'masks' relived their lives like they did in their pasts. He thought for a moment that maybe he shouldn't be scared of these Pokemon.

Broly heard a sound much like a lullaby coming from a distance and followed it. Marcelo had to follow. They came to a place that looked like it might have been a ticket booth and saw a much bigger and scarier looking Ghost Pokemon there - a Cofagrigus! Marcelo started to pull out his Pokedex, but the Cofagrigus' hand reached her mouth and signalled Marcelo to remain silent. Marcelo put the Pokedex back and looked around. He saw Yamasks lying in cradles wide awake staring at the ceilings. It looked funny at first, but then he realized that the masks were put to sleep by the Cofagrigus like she was trying with the one in her hand. As that Yamask dozed off, the Cofagrigus kept the baby in another of the cradles and signalled Marcelo and Broly to follow her in another room which was labelled 'STORAGE', which gave Marcelo the chills. As they went inside, it looked like a small office which relieved Marcelo a little, not for long though. The 'mask' in the coffin body of the Cofagrigus spoke which suprised Marcelo again. Now he was shivering. The Cofagrigus introduced herself and told that her name was 'Mama Coffee'. Marcelo remembered that the little Yamask they first met mentioned something about Mama Coffee and also realized that Coffee must have come from Cofagrigus. She continued her introduction and mentioned that she ran the Afterlife Services there. Marcelo's heart started beating faster now. Then she mentioned that Marcelo and Broly could help her with a few things. Marcelo at this point had become totally paranoid and thought to himself 'Wh-what kind of things?' But then she asked whether Marcelo and Broly wanted a tour of the place or would they like to get to business. Again Marcelo was in complete horror and thought to himself, 'wh-what kind of business?' He looked at the Pokemon and the Pokemon stared back with a blank yet scary expression it had, though the mask appeared to be smiling serenely. Marcelo was shaking.. his fear had taken over his mind. He thought that coming here had been a bad idea and that he should find a way to get out or at least to delay whatever 'business' Mama Coffee was talking about. So he said in a quivery voice, "We would love to have a tour and get a good look at this place", he said hoping to find an 'emergency exit' on the way. Broly didn't know what had been going in Marcelo's mind, but didn't mind having a tour which he approved with a happy bark and his wagging tail.
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Phantom Isle
    The Haunted Theme Park

Fortune Teller's Tent: Situated in the shadows cast by the majestic circus tent is a much smaller tent which once housed a mystical woman who was said to have powers beyond that of a regular human, being able to see not only into the past, but also into the future. She passed away not too long before the closure of the theme park but nobody thought anything of it, since she was getting on in years. Today, there is still a light coming from her tent, so could it be she still lingers in the theme park, waiting for her next customer?
    Phantom Island. Dark and mysterious. Hugo and Krabby have encountered some bizarre things in their journeys, but a haunted theme park. These things were only thought to exist in stories or in movies. But nevertheless, here they are.

“This is…I don’t even…” says Hugo as he wanders into the park. “I mean…I’ve always loved amusement parks…but never seen anything quite like this….”

*click….click * responded Krabby.

Krabby’s apprehension was evident in his face and his movement. His eyes drooped, his scuttle was slower, he slightly shivered in fear. Hugo, noticing this, began to feel bad. After all, he was the one who dragged Krabby here to begin with. Krabby was a loyal friend, and Hugo had forced him into something he wasn’t comfortable with.

“Cheer up, buddy,” said Hugo with an uneasy smile. “It’s…it’s not so bad.”

Silence. The silence was almost deafening. The deserted concession stands. The rides where children once reveled in delight. All empty. The place was like an eerie wasteland. The memories of good times marred by tragedy are all that’s left.

As the duo wandered through the park, they caught the site of a small tent. Seeking refuse for the evening, Hugo decided it might be good to hide out in there until daylight. They wandered closer and at the top they could read the sign on the top.

“FORTUNE TELLER.”

“Let’s go in here, Krabby,” said Hugo. “It will be good to rest for a bit.”

And they wandered inside.

OOC: I figured with two new updaters, myself being one of them, it would be okay if I jumped in here

Default This is six! Six!

XatuGamer, your update is not here because extroph has volunteered to be your updater. Your update will be with his first batch. As for MarbleZone, you're stuck with me... Enjoy~

MarbleZone- In the olden days, the Phantom Isle Hotel was a place for stressed, tired guests to unwind and relax. It seems the opposite is true nowadays, with "guests" usually entering the hotel more stressed and wound-up than ever from the ominous, unwelcoming environment. In contrast to the latter trend, the latest "guest", Levin, exhibits a strong, unwavering stride and defiant expression which marks him as a young man not easily intimidated by the rumors of hauntings and curses that surround the hotel. Levin's Minccino, on the other hand, is clearly on edge, her wide eyes and twitchy tail indicative of a creature that will jump in fright at the slightest provocation.

The Lobby is the perfect embodiment of the inherent contradictions that define the Phantom Isle Hotel. Cheerful, modern advertisements with silly mascots and thrilling rides are plastered over intricately carved marble walls. Hundred-year old Edwardian arches are painted to depict the Rollerquaza curving over the steepest point of the ride and directly into its most immense, death-defying drop. One of the lovely little alcoves in the Lobby has even been given a television (which appears broken), little chairs, and a few toys scattered across the floor, presumably for children who were waiting for their parents to check in. It seems that turn-of-the-century wealth and splendor gives way to Theme Park advertisements and "child-friendly" adjustments nearly everywhere Levin and his partner look. Of course, "child-friendly" seems like a strange term to use for this particular Lobby, since the general aura of the place doesn't seem friendly at all. Despite the dark, foreboding atmosphere, Levin still bravely (or stupidly, whichever you prefer) walks past the hotel elevator (complete with "OUT OF SERVICE" sign) and approaches the counter. He rings the bell sarcastically, knowing full well that the service at The Phantom Isle Hotel is terrible... Nonexistant, even. Minccino does not appreciate the visual joke, and provides some tactile feedback to indicate to Levin that he has considerable room for improvement in the humor department.

Though Minccino does not appreciate the Stephen King reference, Levin will likely appreciate the fact that he has obtained the key to Room 1408. Lucky for Minccino, this room is on the first floor, and not the "fourteenth". As he pockets the key, however, the sound of something mechanical grinding to life catches the ear of both Levin and Minccino. Turning around, they see that the formerly-defunct lobby elevator button panel appears to have recently come to life, with the number 5 lit up brilliantly against the darkness of the rest of the lobby. Five then grows dark as the number 4 begins to glow, indicating that one of the elevators is going down. So much for being out of service! There's no telling who... or what... might be descending on that elevator, but Levin and Minccino get the feeling that whatever it is, it's heading straight for the Lobby.

A number of options present themselves to the pair. Certainly, they could greet the elevator passanger as he/she/it descends to the Lobby. The pair could try to hide somewhere in the lobby, and hope that whatever it is will not see them as it traverses the lobby to whatever its destination is... or, the pair could run towards either of the two staircases (the left staircase heading up towards the rooms, or the right staircase heading down towards entertainment) and get away from the lobby altogether.

Whatever Levin decides to do, he will have to do it quickly... 3... 2...

Dark Searchman- Hyrem decides that now is not the time to be picky about buttons, and decides to press them all in sequence of their perceived usefulness, hoping that something... anything... will work to scare the zombie-like abominations away. The yellow button, when pressed, unleashes colorful lights and delightful music, which is decidedly less delightful considering the present circumstances. Though the sudden burst of light and color temporarily stuns the children for a moment or two, they eventually realize that the light and sound does not pose a significant threat, and resume their pounding... only now, it's strangely in time to the music. In fact, the overall effect is akin to being attacked by zombies in an underwater disco. Not helpful! Not helpful at all. CRRRRRACK... Time to try another button, and fast!

Before Hyrem can even blink, The mechaMantine splits open with incredible force; the only luck that seems to befall Hyrem is the fact that he is knocked out cold by the pressure of the water breaking through the sub before he falls into the hands of the twisted, undead children. An eerie laughter fills his head before he blacks out completely, floating helpless in the haunted waters of Mantine Mania.

Hyrem awakens to the horrific feeling of water rushing into his lungs; much as he tries to exhale, the water will not come out. His open eyes sting as water rushes across his eyeballs, but closing them seems to provide little relief. His nostrils fill with seawater, the taste and smell of the ocean completely inescapable. His neck is in absolute searing pain, as if he had bruised it severely... Disoriented and in pain, Hyrem flails for a moment, desperately trying to swim towards some sort of surface, but a pair of small, yet strong hands hold him down. Just relax... Says a familiar voice. It will all be over soon, foolish Breather. It takes a moment before Hyrem realizes that despite his extreme discomfort, he isn't drowning, yet he has the sense that things have taken a definite turn for the worse. As the sting of the water in his eyes gradually lessens, the gruesome children begin to come into focus. They sit around him in a semi-circle, their faces no longer consumed with ire, but blank and expressionless. It is hard to tell which expression was worse. Though he cannot see her, he knows that the girl who called him out as a "breather" is behind him, holding him down. The Frillish Hyrem received from the Mantine is nowhere to be seen.

The process takes a little while, I'm afraid... Perhaps we should get to know you better, breather. Tell us a story. We love stories...

Process? What process? What could that evil little zombie girl mean? What was going on, here? Hyrem has to find out, and quickly. He needs to choose his words carefully when dealing with these children; they may hold the key to the information he needs to find Frillish and get out alive, but they may also be the bearers of a one-way ticket to a fate worse than death.

The children have now taken to chanting after their leader: We love stories... stories... Their eyeless sockets widen with childlike wonder, though the effect of their widening sockets is more horrifying than anything else. How does Hyrem respond?

Meetan- The Purrloin which nearly made off with Alice's berries now charges forward, claws bared in preparation for a Scratch attack. The mecha horse whinnies loudly, shouting "WATCH OUT" to Alice as the creature bounds forward. Swinub comes to the defense of his trainer swiftly and valiantly, blocking his trainer from the Purrloin's attack; he takes the brunt of the clawed menace's fury with great endurance, though he does wince a bit as he is struck. In response, he bears his piggy fangs in order to Bite the Purrloin's tail. Normally, a bite attack would not be very effective on a dark type such as Purrloin, but the tail seems to be a particular weak spot, and Swinub hits it dead on. The Purrloin cries out in pain, clearly upset at the damage that Swinub has done to her beautiful tail. The mechanical horse whinnies happily, encouraging Swinub to "Go get 'em, partner!" The Purrloin, on the other hand, Growls angrily at the nerve of this little pig, which seems to effectively intimidate the poor little Swinub. Not one to ignore orders, however, he tries to Tackle the Purrloin off of the ride, but the Swinub does not seem to exert enough power to knock off the Purrloin completely. Shrugging off the damage from Swinub's tackle, the creature Torments Swinub, mocking it for using such basic moves. The mocking hurts Swinub's feelings, and Alice senses that he will not perform the same move twice for the next couple of rounds in order to show that stupid Purrloin just how many attacks he really knows.

Swinub seems to still be very close to full health; Purrloin, on the other hand, seems to have lost roughly a fifth of her health.

What will Alice and Swinub do?

uhhhhh- The Drifloon puffs up angrily as Connor delivers his speech, which seems to make the Drifloon quite impatient; even worse, Connor's decision seems to imply even more wasted time to the Drifloon, who waves his balloony appendages with rage. The Drifloon looks as if it is about to pop with fury, and indeed, when it exhales, its airy, high-pitched scream nearly shatters the mirrors around it; WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? THAT THING IS GOING TO KILL YOU AND SUCK OUT YOUR SOUL THE MOMENT IT POPS IF YOU DON'T- The Drifloon squeaks as it runs out of air; it narrows its eyes at Connor, its energy expended from the vicious exhale of angry words. It reinflates a bit, before exhaling in a tiny voice, I miss having lungs... The Drifloon suddenly seems a bit sad. Connor wonders what it means by this latest burst of speech. Could the Drifloon be implying that it used to be human...?

As if on cue, a sickening pop echoes through the House of Mirrors; Connor's purple balloon begins falling down to earth, deflating as it goes, but it stops its descent at Connor's eye level; the rubber morphs into one of the most horrific faces Connor has ever seen, as it floats towards Connor with bulging, rubber eyes; it looks like saliva is dripping from the rip in the rubbery material, as if the balloon has suddenly acquired a mouth. Connor can hear the demonic thing laughing in his head... The Drifloon, acting quickly, uses Gust to blow the balloon away from Connor, though the evil thing is far from defeated. It gets up with an infuriated expression in its rubber face, looking ready to murder the little balloon Pokemon. The Drifloon motions to Connor and Gaspard, as if urging them to join in the fight; for the first time, Connor and Gaspard can sense nervousness in the little creature.

How will the pair respond?

Balmund- Balmund is quick to take William's advice, and soon finds himself making similar attempts to blend in to his new surroundings. Perceiving that the pair may be facing a serious time crunch with the threat of the Guardians discovering their presence, Balmund decides on an option that will be both quick and delicious. William nods in agreement with Balmund's choice. "Pika-Pizza it is, man! ONWARD!" William points forward with an exaggerated war-face and puffed-out chest, as if parodying a powerful general marching into battle. With William's amusing battle cry leading the two men forward, Balmund finds himself outside the Rollerquaza ride, though his surroundings are very different than when he first decided to put his courage to the test; the park is bright, cheerful and very loud, with hoardes of people swarming towards rides, strolling the boulevards with sweets and snacks, and taking their Pokemon out to enjoy a wonderful time at the park. Posters advertise various rides and attractions with plentiful smiling faces and over-excited phrasing. Many posters feature park mascots such as Petey and Penny Pika, the male and female electric rodents whose faces seem to be everywhere. They are joined by Nutty the Houndour and his pet dog, Neptune the Poochyena... One wonders why a dog mascot would have its own dog for a pet, but that was another mystery for another time. Dolan Ducklett's derpy face seems to be everywhere, too... What was that guy's appeal, anyway?

As the two men walk towards concessions, William turns to Balmund, appearing somewhat curious. "Say, Duke, you wouldn't happen to be a trainer, would you? I really hope you have some brutes in that pocket of yours..." He pauses for a moment, as if trying to cover up his concern, "Y'know, so we can battle sometime! My Haxorus, man, she'll pound you into the DUST." He laughs a bit, though something in his eyes seems strangly wistful. "Averil's been my best fighter ever since she was an Axew. Y'know, man, I always loved dragon types since I was little. The thing is, I ain't the type'a person who should be trainin' em. Dragon trainers are supposed to be honest, noble people. It's kinda ironic... the only reason I even have my Pokemon is 'cause I stole it from some dude when I was a Team Rocket lackey, back when I was younger'n you." He shakes his head, chuckling darkly. "Can't say I regret it any. She's noble and strong for the both of us, y'know. Best Pokemon a man could ask for." He stares in the direction of the Ghost Train and mutters, "I know she'll do her best, no matter what happens. We both have a lot riding on this... no pun intended."

Eventually, the two men make it to Pika Pizza; the stand is easy to spot by its large, yellow banner, with Petey Pika dressed like a chef, presenting Penny Pika with a pizza covered in heart-shaped pepperoni as Penny swoons over the marvolous looking meal. William checks his watch and nods. "We've got about two hours until the train leaves the Main Station." The two men step in line; fortunately, it seems as if the line is not only short, but moving quickly, as well. "I'll be covering the both of us, if you don't mind, Sir Duke." William laughs. "It's not a date'r anything, though. Don't get too excited." He laughs as he approaches the counter. "I'd like a Pika-Pepperoni special, a large Corsola Cola, and... uh, what kinda pizza do you like, Duke?" He turns to Balmund, awaiting his response.

Balmund makes his order (whatever it may be), and each man grabs a tray as they slide down the line, awaiting their meals. After picking up their respective orders, William finds a free table for the two of you to sit. William bites into the molten-hot gooey lava of mozzarella goodness the moment he sits down; between bites, he says, "Man, this stuff is good. Haven't had pizza from Pika-Pizza in years... S'good to have it again."

Balmund still cannot shake the feeling that he is being watched, though his observers still seem to be watching from a distance.

How does Balmund respond?

takkupanda- The motherly Mama Coffee senses Marcelo's nervousness quite keenly, and talks gently to Marcelo, her mask-face expressing sympathy; "I imagine this is your first time being summoned by Afterlife Services. Please, do not worry! I would not have summoned you and your little friend if I did not think that we could reasonably help each other out. We aren't planning on turning you into a client anytime soon. We're already overbooked as it is." The Cofagrigus laughs at her own joke a bit before standing up, showing Marcelo and Broly to the door. "Really, the tasks I will be asking you to do should not be too difficult, even for a beginning trainer. In fact, I would complete them myself, but I have my hands full with these little ones as it is." Mama Coffee picks up a large, empty picnic basket before floating into the nursery, her voice taking on a much more quiet tone. "In the meantime, let me show you around a bit." Mama Coffee nods in the direction of the baby Yamask that line the walls. "This is the nursery. We should not stay here long. These infant spirits need their sleep." The Cofagrigus ushers Marcelo and Broly onward; unfortunately for Marcelo, the emergency exit has been boarded up, with a pastel sign written in Yamask language hung over the boards. A cartoon picture of Mama Coffee is painted below the writing to the right, with a little Yamask by a door labeled "EXIT" appearing to be asking Mama Coffee something. To the left of that drawing is a picture of a Yamask leaving by itself with a red X through it. It appears that this sign is telling the Yamask that they have to ask permission before they can leave. Apparently, the same goes for Marcelo...

Mama Coffee and her two living guests enter the playroom; all of the Yamask greet Mama Coffee in Yamask language before resuming their playtime. The Cofagrigus says something back in her own Cofagrigus dialect, but Marcelo cannot understand a word of it. Mama Coffee then tells him what he already knows; this is the playroom, where the little ghosts enjoy playing games from their past while getting used to their new bodies and new languages. "The process is very difficult. Time moves much more slowly for the dead, since we have all the time in the world, really... We have no lifespan - we do not develop as humans do. The closest my little ones can get to such a process is honing their skills through battle. Let me show you..." The Cofagrigus then opens a panel in the playroom, and ushers Marcelo and Broly through the opening. Inside, what appears to be a kiddie arena can be found, where paintings of joyful-looking Cofagrigus line the walls in cheering poses, as if encouraging the Yamask to spar in order to attain these forms. "This is our arena. We use it to help the little ones train against each other, and grow strong." The Cofagrigus face smiles. "We usually let them go once they evolve, though a particularly strong Yamask may also leave the daycare if they show that they are ready to take on the world." The Yamask nods. "Your final task will take place here... but let's not rush things." The Cofagrigus floats beside the arena, sitting down at the low-sitting bleachers before indicating to Marcelo and Broly that they should both take a seat beside her. "Your first task is actually quite simple, but very important to our daycare. It may not be the most exciting in the world, but you would be doing us a great help." Mama Coffee gives Marcelo a long look before continuing, as if trying to impress upon him the importance of this task. "The berry bushes we planted outside the station have been picked clean, and they will not sprout again for a few more days... The little ones need berries to grow, and will become restless without sustenance. I have heard that there are still berry bushes growing near the Merry-go-Round; if you could pick a basketful of berries for us, we would greatly appreciate it." She holds out the empty picnic basket for Marcelo to take. "Will you do this for us?"

How will Marcelo respond?
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 12th June 2012 at 1:54 PM.

uhhhhh- The Drifloon puffs up angrily as Connor delivers his speech, which seems to make the Drifloon quite impatient; even worse, Connor's decision seems to imply even more wasted time to the Drifloon, who waves his balloony appendages with rage. The Drifloon looks as if it is about to pop with fury, and indeed, when it exhales, its airy, high-pitched scream nearly shatters the mirrors around it; WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? THAT THING IS GOING TO KILL YOU AND SUCK OUT YOUR SOUL THE MOMENT IT POPS IF YOU DON'T- The Drifloon squeaks as it runs out of air; it narrows its eyes at Connor, its energy expended from the vicious exhale of angry words. It reinflates a bit, before exhaling in a tiny voice, I miss having lungs... The Drifloon suddenly seems a bit sad. Connor wonders what it means by this latest burst of speech. Could the Drifloon be implying that it used to be human...?

As if on cue, a sickening pop echoes through the House of Mirrors; Connor's purple balloon begins falling down to earth, deflating as it goes, but it stops its descent at Connor's eye level; the rubber morphs into one of the most horrific faces Connor has ever seen, as it floats towards Connor with bulging, rubber eyes; it looks like saliva is dripping from the rip in the rubbery material, as if the balloon has suddenly acquired a mouth. Connor can hear the demonic thing laughing in his head... The Drifloon, acting quickly, uses Gust to blow the balloon away from Connor, though the evil thing is far from defeated. It gets up with an infuriated expression in its rubber face, looking ready to murder the little balloon Pokemon. The Drifloon motions to Connor and Gaspard, as if urging them to join in the fight; for the first time, Connor and Gaspard can sense nervousness in the little creature.

How will the pair respond?
    "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? THAT THING IS GOING TO KILL YOU AND SUCK OUT YOUR SOUL THE MOMENT IT POPS IF YOU DON'T-" the Drifloon screams at Connor before squeaking due to the lack of air. Connor and Gaspard were shocked at the violent outburst and both had to cover their ears, its scream a bit too high-pitched for them. The Drifloon reinflated itself before speaking again, "I miss having lungs," the Drifloon said with a sad expression on its face. Connor seemed to be a bit confused at what the balloon had said, "Lungs? Was this Drifloon... human before?" Connor thought. "Hey, Drifloon, mind if I ask something? Were you-"

POP.

A sickening pop was heard throughout the room and Connor and Gaspard looked up to see the balloon from earlier slowly falling down to the ground. It then stopped at Connor's eye level and morphed into a very horrific face, with eyes bulging out and a mouth with what seemed to be saliva, dripping out of it. Connor could have sworn he could hear the balloon laugh in his head. The photographer froze in terror, not knowing what to do next as the evil balloon was very close to literally sucking the life out of him. Suddenly, a Gust blew away the balloon from Connor and the windy feeling snapped Connor back to his senses. The demonic balloon looked angry at this and seemed to want to murder the Drifloon. Drifloon then motioned both Connor and Gaspard to help it fight against the thing. Connor nodded at the Drifloon's request, whatever doubts about the balloon Pokemon has now faded. "Gaspard, you know what to do. Two Pursuits and a Fire Punch!" he ordered Gaspard who quickly sprung into action against the demonic balloon.

After giving Gaspard orders to attack, Connor thought of the recent events. The image of the balloon killing Connor while the balloon transformed itself into a Drifloon... The Drifloon who seemed to know what was going on... the Drifloon saddened about something in its past life... and the evil balloon in front of them now who seemed to be after Connor. All these events suddenly make sense as the photographer put two and two together. His eyes widened and shook his head at the absurdity of the thought that just came. "No way, that's crazy! But it's the only thing I can think of right now that makes sense and if that's true, then that Drifloon from the image from earlier... it wasn't this Drifloon. It was a balloon that turned into a Drifloon. And that Drifloon was... me. I'M the Drifloon in that image. I got that image all wrong!" if his theory was true, then the Drifloon with them now was most likely an unfortunate victim of a different balloon which it resides in now. "Hey... is this what you're trying to prevent? To not have me end up... like you did?" he asked the Drifloon with a somber tone yet his voice failed to hide the fear he has inside him.
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 14th June 2012 at 3:21 PM.

Meetan- The Purrloin which nearly made off with Alice's berries now charges forward, claws bared in preparation for a Scratch attack. The mecha horse whinnies loudly, shouting "WATCH OUT" to Alice as the creature bounds forward. Swinub comes to the defense of his trainer swiftly and valiantly, blocking his trainer from the Purrloin's attack; he takes the brunt of the clawed menace's fury with great endurance, though he does wince a bit as he is struck. In response, he bears his piggy fangs in order to Bite the Purrloin's tail. Normally, a bite attack would not be very effective on a dark type such as Purrloin, but the tail seems to be a particular weak spot, and Swinub hits it dead on. The Purrloin cries out in pain, clearly upset at the damage that Swinub has done to her beautiful tail. The mechanical horse whinnies happily, encouraging Swinub to "Go get 'em, partner!" The Purrloin, on the other hand, Growls angrily at the nerve of this little pig, which seems to effectively intimidate the poor little Swinub. Not one to ignore orders, however, he tries to Tackle the Purrloin off of the ride, but the Swinub does not seem to exert enough power to knock off the Purrloin completely. Shrugging off the damage from Swinub's tackle, the creature Torments Swinub, mocking it for using such basic moves. The mocking hurts Swinub's feelings, and Alice senses that he will not perform the same move twice for the next couple of rounds in order to show that stupid Purrloin just how many attacks he really knows.

Swinub seems to still be very close to full health; Purrloin, on the other hand, seems to have lost roughly a fifth of her health.

What will Alice and Swinub do?

"Damnit, you little..." Alice mutters under her breath, but she wasn't going to give up by a long shot. She semi-circled in front of the Rapidash to reclaim her berry bag, calling her next orders, "Swinub, use Odor Sleuth to up your accuracy, Mud Slap to try and blind his, and follow up with an Icy Wind!"

Her Pokemon jumps onto the ground, and, after trying to snipe out his target one hundred percent using little eyes and trusty snout, attempts to kick up some mud in the Purrloin's direction with his powerful paws. They had the advantage for now, and she wished to keep it that way.

((Stats~))

The Park
    Despite the lack of human activity in the park during its closure, it seems those from the realm of the dead are quite active in these parts. All of the popular rides remain the same as they were prior to the ghost train event, but over time they seem to have become populated by very unsavoury characters in the form of spectres, poltergeists, and even some of the more mischievous Pokémon who want to manipulate anyone brave enough to enter such a place. If you dare to venture here, you'd best have your wits about you.

Areas:
    Rollerquaza: The largest rollercoaster in the park, this ride is designed around the legendary Pokémon Rayquaza and its home, the Sky Pillar of the Hoenn region. The highest peak of the ride reaches, much like the Pokémon itself, high into the clouds above the fog shrouding the park. The final drop leading the rider to a darkened tunnel where people have apparently gone missing for days at a time, reporting a bizarre force as they plunged deep into the shadows.
    Wes pulled up the hood of his green parka jacket as he strolled through the swinging gates of the deserted theme park, the tails of the coat billowing in the icy breeze. There was a chilly purple mist carpeting the Island, the trainer could see his own breath as he rubbed his hands together idly. He already felt the park had an almost ominous feel to it. Wes was clued up on the incident of the park’s closure, and had heard firsthand tales of haunted rides and eerie spirits the likes of which would send most trainers flocking for miles. Wes pressed on regardless, a sort of wicked smile painted on his face as adrenaline rushed through his blood.

“Looks like we’ve made it to the Rollerquaza”, Wes grinned. Suddenly realising he was talking to himself, the trainer rummaged around the parka’s deep pockets until he fingered a muddy-green Nest Ball. Tossing the ball just a foot away he squinted as it cracked open and released a bright light in stark contrast to the foggy backdrop. With a low yawn a great shaggy beast stretched out its long arms. It appeared Wes had woken up the Tangrowth, it was nearing midnight after all. He didn’t seem to mind though. He quite liked being out of his Pokéball, even in such dark and chilly environments.

“So are you ready to ride with me Mojumbo?” Wes asked eagerly, confident the towering shrub would be first in his squad to meet any height requirements. Tangrowth simply tilted his head oddly, giving no indication of excitement or fear. Wes took this as a yes, swallowing anxiously before heading forward.

FB
    Last edited by Emp; 12th June 2012 at 12:22 PM.

Dark Searchman- Hyrem decides that now is not the time to be picky about buttons, and decides to press them all in sequence of their perceived usefulness, hoping that something... anything... will work to scare the zombie-like abominations away. The yellow button, when pressed, unleashes colorful lights and delightful music, which is decidedly less delightful considering the present circumstances. Though the sudden burst of light and color temporarily stuns the children for a moment or two, they eventually realize that the light and sound does not pose a significant threat, and resume their pounding... only now, it's strangely in time to the music. In fact, the overall effect is akin to being attacked by zombies in an underwater disco. Not helpful! Not helpful at all. CRRRRRACK... Time to try another button, and fast!

Before Hyrem can even blink, The mechaMantine splits open with incredible force; the only luck that seems to befall Hyrem is the fact that he is knocked out cold by the pressure of the water breaking through the sub before he falls into the hands of the twisted, undead children. An eerie laughter fills his head before he blacks out completely, floating helpless in the haunted waters of Mantine Mania.

Hyrem awakens to the horrific feeling of water rushing into his lungs; much as he tries to exhale, the water will not come out. His open eyes sting as water rushes across his eyeballs, but closing them seems to provide little relief. His nostrils fill with seawater, the taste and smell of the ocean completely inescapable. His neck is in absolute searing pain, as if he had bruised it severely... Disoriented and in pain, Hyrem flails for a moment, desperately trying to swim towards some sort of surface, but a pair of small, yet strong hands hold him down. Just relax... Says a familiar voice. It will all be over soon, foolish Breather. It takes a moment before Hyrem realizes that despite his extreme discomfort, he isn't drowning, yet he has the sense that things have taken a definite turn for the worse. As the sting of the water in his eyes gradually lessens, the gruesome children begin to come into focus. They sit around him in a semi-circle, their faces no longer consumed with ire, but blank and expressionless. It is hard to tell which expression was worse. Though he cannot see her, he knows that the girl who called him out as a "breather" is behind him, holding him down. The Frillish Hyrem received from the Mantine is nowhere to be seen.

The process takes a little while, I'm afraid... Perhaps we should get to know you better, breather. Tell us a story. We love stories...

Process? What process? What could that evil little zombie girl mean? What was going on, here? Hyrem has to find out, and quickly. He needs to choose his words carefully when dealing with these children; they may hold the key to the information he needs to find Frillish and get out alive, but they may also be the bearers of a one-way ticket to a fate worse than death.

The children have now taken to chanting after their leader: We love stories... stories... Their eyeless sockets widen with childlike wonder, though the effect of their widening sockets is more horrifying than anything else. How does Hyrem respond?
    Hyrem had to keep trying those buttons so he could somehow get out of this mess. The yellow button... that only served to help synchronize their pounding! Not good, not good, NOT GOOD! Press another one quick, Hyrem! QUICKLY! QUICKLYYYYYYY!!!!

Darnit, too late. The sub splits open, and the water rushes in faster than he can react. As he is knocked around by the water, he gets completely knocked out by the overwhelming force. The sounds of the undead children cackling at his misfortune fills his ear. "Nooooo...." is all he can blurt out while trying to reach out somewhere before he is successfully blacked out.

As he wakes up, water had filled his lungs, and any attempt at breathing air and flushing the water out of his system was futile. His eyes were in serious pain as they were exposed to the sal****er, and he could now understand the urge these children probably failed to resist: the urge to rip his own eyeballs out of their sockets. Every passing second he smelled and tasted seawater, and he had enough of that. Even his attempt at breathing was extremely painful due to his neck injuries. He struggled frantically to try and reach some surface, some pocket of air, any place where he could breathe, taste, and smell something other than sal****er, but his legs weren't moving. They were held down by the little zombie girl from earlier. Just relax... she says. It will all be over soon, foolish Breather. The rest of the children had formed a semi-circle around him. Even if he had somehow escaped the little girl, the others would be all over him in an instant. He couldn't see Frillish anywhere, but knowing him, he'd be hiding somewhere far away from here, trying to stay safe, trying to tune everything out with his humming... trying to forget about everything.

We love stories... stories... the other children chant in addition to the little girl as they widen their eyeless sockets, which only makes Hyrem want to start retching.

I'm dead, I'm dead, I'm so dead, Hyrem thought. No, he was going to be worse than dead. He was going to be one of those eyeless, mindless zombies, waiting for the next unfortunate soul to plunge into these waters. Either that, or there were probably some horrific sea monsters in here that he'd make a great meal for. But what could he do? There was just no way out of this. As his lungs continued to pump water through them, so too did his heart continue pumping despair... grief... regrets... and he began to resign himself to his fate...

No! he thought. It can't end like this... Not now! What about the promise he had made to Sera and Daphne and, albeit indirectly, Sarkhan and Amethyst? The promise he made to get out of this alive so he would see them again? And what about the promise to the Mantine mascot and Tuner and T.A. to do his job and find out what had happened to the missing Pokemon down here? And the promise he made in his heart to become a friend for that scared and lonely Frillish? Did all those promises he had made mean nothing!? No, he couldn't give up! He just couldn't! There had to be some way out of this! At the moment, he couldn't find one, but maybe if he played along with these kids' wishes, he may be able to persuade them to help him.

The first time he tried speaking, he found himself coughing again. As he kept trying, it came easier for him. Not that that was comforting in any way, since it seemed the "process" was slowly starting to work on him, but at least he could finally talk to the kids.

"So you want a story? I can tell you one, but if I do you have to help me with something, okay?"

Then, dependent on their answer, he told them a story about a young boy, a Ralts, and a Seedot and their adventures together on a faraway island. As he told this story, he started giving himself hope that he would have more adventures with Sera, Daphne, and the others, hope that he would make it out alive, though whatever way out that existed wasn't apparent at the moment. He wanted so badly to call his Pokemon out right now to keep him company, but there was no way he was willing to let them suffer the same fate he was suffering.

Then his thoughts turned to Frillish. He had to have been more terrified of the situation than Hyrem was, but instead of making an effort to comfort him, Hyrem only made things worse for him. He felt very guilty for abandoning him in such a critical moment, and he wished he could see him right now so he could take the scared jellyfish into his arms, embrace him, and apologize for his incompetence as a Pokemon Trainer. Frillish, he thought while continuing to tell the story, if you can... somehow hear this... please... help me... and forgive me... for not helping you. His tears contributed to the salt content of the water, and his desires for all of these things continued in earnest. He hoped his desires would reach Frillish somehow, and that the gentle Ghost-type was still safe wherever he was.

gmoyes- Clone Alex orders Alex to perform Agility; however, recognizing that Agility would be a wasted move considering the simplified battle mechanics of the pixelated video game world, Alex decides to disobey in favor of Conversion. Trying his best to work with what knowledge he already has of Porygon as a species, he tries to think of all things psychic, hoping that a psychic conversion will help power up his psybeam. A message appears that ALEX is disobeying orders, and is using CONVERSION instead. Of course, Alex's plan is marred by one little oversight; despite all of his psychic-oriented thoughts, Alex finds himself feeling heavy, solid and... well, rock-like. He completely forgot that in Red Version, conversion works to convert one's type to that of the enemy's! Ultimately, however, this mistake works in Alex's favor, as Geodude's Tackle ends up being not very effective. Clone Alex tries ordering another Agility, which Alex again ignores, favoring Psybeam. Despite not having STAB, the move is able to play on Geodude's low special stat, doing a respectable amount of damage. Geodude responds with Rock Throw; once again, Alex's previous conversion makes the move ineffective, and though his bar has shown slight decreases from Geodude's attacks, Alex finds himself feeling no pain; perhaps it is a result of being in a video game, or the particular Pokemon into which he was transformed.. Finally, Clone Alex and Alex seem to agree; another Psybeam is in order. Alex awaits Geodude's next attack, which, most likely, will be completely ineffective... Instead of attacking, however, Geodude's sprite seems to fade in and out for a moment, the text beneath him appearing garbled. Is something going wrong in the game..? The strange glitch fades quickly, however, and the words "GEODUDE's defense rose" appear in normal working order, implying that the glitched move was a useless Defense Curl. With Geodude in the red, and the game functioning normally again, Clone Alex throws the sprite of a Pokeball at Geodude, as a message indicating that a GREAT BALL has been used appears in front of the trainer and his "Pokemon". The pair watch as the pixelated Pokeball wiggles once... twice... thrice... the black and white Pokeball turns brown and tan, indicating that Geodude has officially been caught by clone Alex. When prompted for a nickname for his newly-caught Geodude, clone Alex quickly indicates "NO"; since no message pops up indicating Geodude's departure to the PC, it seems as if it will be joining the party from now on. The battle was surprisingly short, but this is the video game world, after all. A message appears in front of Alex; "Great job, ALEX! We're gonna need to work on your obedience, though..." An eerie chuckle echoes throughout the pixellated world. Apparently, his disobedience is not going unnoticed...

Alex and clone Alex emerge from Rock Tunnel onto a very short route; jaunty music plays as clone Alex intentionally avoids trainers on his way to a familiar town. Alex recognizes the town from its small size and strange-looking tower, but most of all, from the music... In sharp contrast to the happy, upbeat tunes common in Pokemon, this town is haunted by an eerie, tinny melody that sounds like the video game version of a funeral dirge. No doubt about it; clone Alex has entered Lavender Town. The music is even more creepy than Alex remembers, and something about it makes him want to claw his ears out... Of course, he has no hands with which to claw, or ears to claw out. Even so, something about the music echoes within his pixelated body; it is as if the music brings feeling back to his currently computer-generated, emotionless, nerve-free existance, and all of those feelings are downright awful and terrifying.

Clone Alex makes a quick trip to the Pokemon Center to heal Alex and the new Geodude. Alex is relieved to escape the music for a moment, surrounded by a familiar melody. Clone Alex returns Alex to his Pokeball for a quick moment; oddly, though Alex can hear the familiar sounds around him of the Pokemon Center agreeing to "heal all Alex's Pokemon to perfect health," he feels nothing at all. Alex is finally called out again after the healing process, though he feels no better or worse than before. After finally freeing himself from the circular, repeated press-A-one-too-many-times trap with the resident Nurse Joy, who seems convinced that clone Alex urgently needs to heal his Pokemon two seconds after retrieving them from the healing machine, clone Alex leaves the center with Alex and heads for Lavender Tower. On the way, Clone Alex stops to have a conversation with a little girl standing by the tower. She asks him, "Do you believe in ghosts?" Clone Alex responds with "NO," and the little girl says, "Haha, I guess not. I guess that white hand on your shoulder is just my imagination..." Alex instinctively looks at Clone Alex's shoulder, but sees nothing there. All the while, the Lavender Town music blares at full volume, its eerie effects overcoming Alex once again. Everything within Alex is telling him to run and try to make a break for it, though he would be completely breaking the rules of the game were he to do so, which may anger the spirit who sent him here. Even so, nothing good could come from entering that tower...

How will Alex respond?

Is it a good thing that my replies are this long? I think so but it takes a while writing them.

Alex concentrated on his Conversion as some old, yet epic music played in the background. It seemed that even though he had no clue how to pull off the move, it still work. Though instead of feeling boosted in mind like he thought a psychic type would be, he felt bulkier and slower. He wondered what happened, but before he could do anything, the wild pokemon swung its body at him, making a dull thudding noise and causing him to flicker. It certainly felt odd blinking in and out of existence. But he was surprised that his health bar hardly moved and the words ‘IT’S NOT VERY EFFECTIVE’ popped up. Psychic types were neutral to normal typed moves and with steel types not existing in the first generation, the only type resistant to normal would be rock. How the heck that happened, he didn’t know.

Round two came around and again his copy ordered him to use agility. While in the past he had snapped at himself to being an idiot, this time he was cursing someone else who was him for being stupid. He should have seen from last round that he was faster so he didn’t need an extra speed boost. Instead, Alex chose to go on the offensive. Regardless of what type he was, Psybeam was his strongest attack. Again, he didn’t have a clue how to pull off the move, but visioning a psychic beam of energy striking his opponent. Apparently it worked, as a bunch of rings shot from his body and hit the rocky Pokémon, taking out a decent chunk out of its health. The Geodude responded by creating a digital stone and launched it at him. Again Alex heard the thud and flickered and yet again the attack only took a small amount out of his health and the words ‘IT’S NOT VERY EFFECTIVE’ popped up. It looked like he had a second typing that resisted rock seeing as rock was neutral against itself. Maybe with the differences in the moves in each generation, instead of turning into a type that matched one of his moves, he turned into the type of his opponent, ground and rock which resisted normal and rock. With that information stored away for later, he focused on what to do for the third round.

It looked like his clone wised up and chose psybeam, the move he was going to do anyway. His attack struck the Geodude putting him in the red, but oddly when it came its turn to attack, the rock type faded for a moment and its text became a mess of pixels. But everything turned back to normal and the text said ‘THE GEODUDE’S DEFENCE ROSE’. Most likely one of the many glitches in the game, but nothing seemed to be out of place so it probably wasn’t permanent. The defence boost was useless anyway, psybeam was a special attack. However as the next round came around, instead of choosing to attack, his copy threw a great ball at the Geodude. It shook three times and changed to a brownish colour as the Pokémon was caught. Victory music played as fake Alex chose not to nickname the newly caught Pokémon. He didn’t blame it, coming up with names for Pokémon was tough. And besides the overdone Rocky, he couldn’t think of a name for it either. He noticed that the pokedex entry that popped up whenever a Pokémon was newly caught didn’t pop up, neither did the message that it had been sent to the PC. It seemed that he had a teammate, though how much use it would be, he didn’t know.

As he found himself back in the cave with dark dank music playing, he saw a message from his ‘trainer’. ‘Great job, ALEX! We're gonna need to work on your obedience, though...’ Alex rolled his eyes slightly and thought that it should work on its intelligence. Then came a creepy chuckling that echoed everywhere. Whatever was happening was being watched and tested. Whether or not following orders was a good thing or not, he didn’t have a clue. He just hoped that this was all worthwhile and that he wouldn’t be scarred for the rest of his life. If there was a rest of his life.

Alex followed his copy out of the cave and the music changed to a quicker upbeat tune. It was a short trip down the mountainside and they dodged trainers that he probably could have defeated without too much trouble. He himself always battled anyone he met to train and so that he wouldn’t have to battle them again later. As it was, he probably needed the levels, wherever they were going. There was bound to be tougher challenges ahead. And speaking of ahead, a tall tower appeared in the distance. He felt something unsettling about it which was confirmed when they neared the base of the tower and the music changed to a high creepy tune.

They had arrived at Lavender Town.

At any other time he would have chuckled at the cliché of being in Lavender Town as a part of a Pokémon horror story. Personally he thought that the music wasn’t as terrifying as many people thought. Yes it was creepy, but fittingly so. But now, stuck in some sort of nightmare created by who knows what, things were horrifying. The music was starting to give him a headache and he knew nothing good could come out of being here. Thankfully his clone made a beeline to the Pokémon Center and the music became a cheery familiar song. If he was still in his human body, he would have hummed along, but as he was, he still sung along with it in his head. However as he was distracted by the music, his copy returned him to his pokeball, but oddly enough, he could still hear all that was going on. He and the newly caught Geodude were handed over to the Nurse Joy to be healed. While the chimes of the healing machine rung, he felt no different than before. But then again, he never actually felt anything when he took a hit when he was battling. Just then he remembered that they must have come from Rock Tunnel, and seeing as it wasn’t pitch black when he came out so Flash must have been used. Seeing as he himself didn’t know it, his copy must have had another Pokémon that knew it. Though he didn’t hear more than two pokeballs being put into the machine. Odd, though there certainly more important thing to worry about.

Once Alex got return to his ‘trainer’, he was let out just in time for him to witness another feat of its stupidity when he got caught by the nurse trying to convince it to heal its Pokémon again. It was a nice little break from whatever chaos was going to happen. But once they stepped out of the Pokémon Center, things would go downhill from there. And sure enough, his clone stepped outside and the nauseating music started up again. If he ever got out of here that music would be stuck in his head for a week. His feeling of foreboding was true as his copy made his way towards the tower. Enroute, he stopped to talk to a small girl that spoke a line he remembered from the games: "Do you believe in ghosts?" Alex gave a little snort when it chose “NO”. It was likely that it was a ghost itself. Even though he knew the line was coming, he still looked over its shoulder when the girl replied with "Haha, I guess not. I guess that white hand on your shoulder is just my imagination..."

Yeah, that was a comfort.

Alex knew what was going to happen. His copy was going to go into the tower and get into a fight that its Pokémon would be too frightened to fight in except for him and he would have to do all the fighting himself and end up getting knocked out or worse. He knew that he shouldn’t even be going close to this place. But what other choice did he have? Not following orders was one thing- traded Pokémon do that all the time- but running away was not something a Pokémon could do in game. Even if he did, where would he go? He might know the games but who knows what twisted tricks was put into it? Maybe he could go to Celadon and find some other Porygon that might understand him or maybe even come back with the Silph Scope so that they would have a better chance of fighting their way up the tower. But as much as he wanted to run away, he knew that wouldn’t put him in the good books of whoever was controlling this place. He stuck to his clone’s side and prayed to Arceus that he wasn’t making a bigger mistake than coming to the freaking island in the first place.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

I'll only be taking these three for now, sorry. I might change my cap sometime this summer though. Hope you enjoy your time here, XatuGamer, King Ghidorah, and Emp! EDIT: Including kaisap for the last spot. I'm now capped!

XatuGamer- After sneaking past the Park's entrance, you pick up a map flying in the air. Although you wanted a specific place to investigate, you decide to walk around first. You notice the bulletin boards of news and new attractions, waiting lines, and old lampposts that flicker on and off. You and Necro started to become interested in the area, so you decide to begin your investigation.

You reach for your backpack, and pulled out the map you collected earlier. The paper was crumpled and blurry, probably because it must have dried out after becoming soggy in a rainy day. You make out a part in the map listed as "Theme Park Train" and another that said "Circus Tent". Decisions, decisions. You thought deeply on where to go, but after a while you question your 2nd brain for help. "Necro, which looks interesting?" The crow swooped down skillfully and tapped the area where the Train was. You nod in agreement, and rolled up the paper. "Ghost Train it is. We'll see some clowns later, eh?" You begin to pace towards the Train, keeping the rolled up paper in your fist. As you walk, you begin to hear whispers, screams, and begs for help. You and Necro keep to your route though, unflinching at all the sounds and paranormal activity going on around you.

After a few minutes, you reach the spot on the map you were aiming for. You look up from the map, and back down, making sure you're at the right spot. The train was out of the rails, slumped on the bricked ground of the park, revealing raised bricks from its sides. Realizing that it was a train wreck, you remember hearing from somewhere that a famous Park was closed due to a major train wreck.

Suddenly, fog surrounds you, and distorts everything around you. You couldn't see anyone, but Necro's shadow up above. "Where'd the train go?" You ask, squinting and looking around in the fog. Then, as if on cue, you hear a Hooottt.....Hoootttttt as you see a light approaching towards you. You notice that the ground your standing on shifted. The dirty old bricks were now bright gray tiles, and soon the area around you was flooded with thousands of conversations. The fog that engulfed you soon rolled away, revealing a bright sunlight that hurt your vision. Around you, hundreds of people were waiting for the train, which was slowly halting. You run towards a ledge, which revealed the park in a wonderful point of view. The Ferris Wheel stood tall above tents, kids running around while their parents talk and try and catch up. Vendors selling all types of refreshments. And above all, the Rollerquaza towered majestically as its tip reaches the white fluffy clouds. You were awestruck at the view, but you were interrupted by a passenger in the train. "Hey kid, door's about to close, you coming?" You nod awkwardly, and called Necro down. He perched in your shoulder, grooming himself with his beaks. "All aboard, eh?"

You hurry towards the door, which almost shut before you managed to slip inside. Where are you really? You know this wasn't real, or if it was, it must have happened in the past. You look at a man, who was reading a newspaper. The date on the paper was familiar, and then it came to you. As you were walking towards the train, you saw a newspaper cover on the ground, which featured a story about the tragic train wreck. It supposedly happened....it happened today! You realized that you are now aboard the train during the day of its crash.

How will Reiji and Necro respond?

King Ghidorah- Upon entering the Park, you are reminded of the horror movies you've seen before starting your adventure, and all the scary stories you heard from your childhood friends. The entrance was misty and gloomy, and the silence was deafening. You make out a sign through the mist right above the gate, only it had been distorted and shrouded with moss that all you can make out is ARK at the very end of the sign. You're amazed and shocked at the existence of a haunted park, but you and Krabby trecked on. After noticing signs of fear from Krabby, you try and comfort him by not showing any weaknesses on your part.

You look around, only hearing your own footsteps and Krabby's slow scuttling. You see familiar areas, ones you've seen in normal amusement parks. Concession stands with banners of what they were selling, roller coasters, a ferris wheel, and dozens of tents, which you hope were empty. After going into the park even more, the mist around you becomes denser. Hoping to seek refuge until daylight, you approach the Fortune Teller's tent. As you walk closer towards the tent, you begin to hear exotic music, or gypsy music only it was being played slowly, and on a gramophone. You slowly approach the tent, heart beating loudly as the music gets louder and louder. Suddenly you hear a cry right outside, near the other tents. It was a wailing cry, not a deafening shriek or anything a Pokemon can do.

You turn around, and you see a lady wearing black crying in the distance, right below a lamppost. The light from the lamp exaggerates her wrinkles and teary eyes. You notice that she's grabbing something, a small thing on her arms. It was wrapped in thick layers of wrapping, so you couldn't see what it was. You soon find out what the mystery was though, after you hear her scream, "Somebody help my poor baby!"

Baby can mean a lot of ways, but it will probably be a child or a small Pokemon. You can decide to help the middle-aged woman, or you can risk it and go inside the tent, the one that might not be empty.

What will Hugo and Krabby do?

Emp- After recently arriving at the entrance of the park, you were greeted by the eerie noise of a swinging gate, which echoed in the empty park. You pace towards the inside of the park, heating your hands up as you go. You feel a chill go down your spine, yet you're not sure whether it was the cold temperature of the night or the ominous aura of the estate. Walking onwards, everything you saw reminded you of firsthand tales you've heard. Paper flew around you, most of them outdated or advertisements. One of them read "RIDE THE ROLLERQUAZA" and a worn out picture of a recently opened Rollerquaza was featured right below. After waling for a few minutes, you arrived in what seems to be the center of the park.

Finally, you've reached the infamous Rollerquaza. It's rusty walls loomed high above you, giving you a sense of excitement. "Looks like we made it." Your remark drifted in the air, and echoed throughout the park. Noticing your solitude, you bring out Mojumbo, shaking the ground as it appeared before you. After finally making a decision, you head towards the entrance of the Rollerquaza. The first thing you notice was the height requirement poster. It was a cardboard cutout of a park worker, only it was heavily vandalized. The mouth of the cardboard was covered with a red substance, perhaps ketchup, or blood? Nevertheless, you decide to keep moving.

The fog picks up heavily as you climb the steps towards the coaster's train. "Pick a cart, Mojumbo," you state to the behemoth, "I'll pick the cart the same distance from the center, so we don't mess up the train's balance." Mojumbo gives you a drone-like stare, and continues to walk towards the last cart, and fits himself in the small seat. You gulp after the Tangrowth made its choice, because you had to sit in the front now. Swallowing your fear and nervousness, you proceed to the front cart. Suddenly the Rollerquaza sprung back to life, playing its usual tune when launching a train. The seatbelts clicked into place, except in the last seat. After hearing a hiss from the release of pressure, the train begins to move.

Soon your train starts moving, and a few seconds after that, you were picking up speed rapidly. The train reaches the curve up, and you begin to feel a nauseous feeling in your stomach. The climb seemed endless, and you almost reached a 90 degree angle. Clerchunk! The train begins to slow down, as you reach the top of the climb. You look out at the view, but the heavy fog of the park covered most areas far away. But as you start moving slowly at the drop, you make out a figure, staring right at you from underneath a lamppost near the Rollerquaza. You squint your eyes to get a closer look when Whoosh the train reaches the drop. Caught off guard, you scream in horror from the plunge, which went by pretty quickly. Before long, the tunnel could be seen. Pitch black darkness surrounds you, and all you could hear was the loud scraping of the train. You panic inside, but you couldn't do anything outside. The train was moving too quick to move with control. Suddenly, a sharp pain hits your stomach, and you hear a loud explosion from behind the train. Although you couldn't see, you feel yourself turning over, until a cold surface hits your head, leaving you unconscious.

--

You wake up, greeted by Mojumbo. He was staring at you with slight delight in his eyes, and he looks around. You look around as well, but your body is in too much pain. After minutes, perhaps hours, of unconsciousness, your eyes get used to the darkness. You see the shine of the train, or what used to be the train. It was turned over, badly damaged. Carts were all over the place, and some got flattened by the crash. But you can barely see something else as well. Dried blood covered the ground, with some limbs and torsos laying everywhere. Some belonged to Pokemon as well. Paralyzed in disgust, you could not go back to your senses until you hear Tangrowth's call, and a loud roar coming towards you. It continuously roared, and you could tell that it's approaching in haste. You try to move, but you noticed that one of your legs was stuck underneath a cart. You can try to kick it off with your other foot, which has a great possibility of working, but then you'll have to run after that. Or you can confront this fiend, and hope that it's only a Pokemon.

What will Wes and Mojumbo do?

Last edited by Extroph; 13th June 2012 at 10:29 PM.

Shadowshocker- Thinking quickly, Shadow provides his Pokemon with a Persim Berry as a means of shaking her confusion. As Dahlia consumes her berry, the Chandelure fades into existance, leaving only a tiny glimmer of a flame behind... Unfortunately for Chandelure, Dahlia seems wise to his attempts at Astonishing her, and deftly avoids the frightening attack by carefully monitoring the location of the tiny flame before Chandelure suddenly reappears in an attempt to severely frighten the bright-orange bird. In response to Chandelure re-materializing, Dahlia puts on a Facade that she's healthy and full of power; concentrating her rage into this vicious attack, she charges at Chandelure, and manages to make contact, slamming into him with devastating force. Chandelure's core flame flickers with the blow, and the chandelier Pokemon looks somewhat rattled. Regaining composure after shaking himself back into battle mode, the Chandelure fires off a Flame Burst towards the oddly-colored Murkrow; it seems as if luck is favoring Dahlia this round, as the flames barely graze her as she makes the split-second decision to dive below the burst; the flames miss her almost completely, only singing the tips of a few feathers on the Murkrow's head. Dahlia opens her beak and unleashes waves of black and purple energy in the form of a Dark Pulse, which hits the Chandelure right in one of its candle-bearing "arms". The super-effective attack does some decent damage, though it is clear that Chandelure is done playing games with his opponent. Realizing that a barrage of super-effective attacks should be expected from the dark-type Murkrow, shrinks into himself, defensively using Minimize in order to decrease the likelihood of being hit in the appendages a second time. Inspired by the success of her first Dark Pulse, she attempts a second, unleashing another pulsating, dark beam from her open beak. This time, however, Chandelure is quick to float away from the attack, sustaining a minor side-swipe from the passing beam. He fires another Flame Burst at his opponent; this time, the fire makes a direct hit, causing Dahlia to howl in pain. Fortunately, the flames extinguish quickly, and Dahlia does not appear to have sustained major damage from the attack aside from the initial burst of pain. Dahlia's cough remains persistant, as the poison gradually takes its toll. Despite the heavy blows exchanged, both Pokemon seem resilient in the face of their attacker, with plenty of fight left in both combatants.

How will Shadow respond?
    "Find the pretty lady! Everyone's a winner!" Scherza sang, as fire and poison danced about Dahlia's systems. Quickly becoming haggard and tired from her first match, the Murkrow appeared to be losing her uniquely vermillion sheen as she continued to mutter furious curses about her opponent. A small flickering flame moved about the area like a will-o-wisp, almost taunting Dahlia as she struggled to focus on combat and maintaining flight. Reaching into the nigh-bottomless inventory Shadow lobbed over a Pecha Berry, hoping that the usage of items wouldn't count against the team; Dahlia crushed the fruit in a messy explosion of saccharine juices, momentarily glaring at her Trainer in a mock expression: "What took you so long?!"

"Use Pursuit to chase after him, then feed him a Sucker Punch. Confuse Ray to round it up." Shadow tugged tersely at his collar, beginning to sweat through his palms. Hopefully the match wasn't a sign of darker, more dangerous things to come...
    PASBL Standings: Level 5, B+ Ref, 84-22-10, 247 KOs, 492.5 TP, 0 SP
    Badges: Biohazard, Reffing
    Don't Go Clone This Mon FB Datafile

MarbleZone- In the olden days, the Phantom Isle Hotel was a place for stressed, tired guests to unwind and relax. It seems the opposite is true nowadays, with "guests" usually entering the hotel more stressed and wound-up than ever from the ominous, unwelcoming environment. In contrast to the latter trend, the latest "guest", Levin, exhibits a strong, unwavering stride and defiant expression which marks him as a young man not easily intimidated by the rumors of hauntings and curses that surround the hotel. Levin's Minccino, on the other hand, is clearly on edge, her wide eyes and twitchy tail indicative of a creature that will jump in fright at the slightest provocation.

The Lobby is the perfect embodiment of the inherent contradictions that define the Phantom Isle Hotel. Cheerful, modern advertisements with silly mascots and thrilling rides are plastered over intricately carved marble walls. Hundred-year old Edwardian arches are painted to depict the Rollerquaza curving over the steepest point of the ride and directly into its most immense, death-defying drop. One of the lovely little alcoves in the Lobby has even been given a television (which appears broken), little chairs, and a few toys scattered across the floor, presumably for children who were waiting for their parents to check in. It seems that turn-of-the-century wealth and splendor gives way to Theme Park advertisements and "child-friendly" adjustments nearly everywhere Levin and his partner look. Of course, "child-friendly" seems like a strange term to use for this particular Lobby, since the general aura of the place doesn't seem friendly at all. Despite the dark, foreboding atmosphere, Levin still bravely (or stupidly, whichever you prefer) walks past the hotel elevator (complete with "OUT OF SERVICE" sign) and approaches the counter. He rings the bell sarcastically, knowing full well that the service at The Phantom Isle Hotel is terrible... Nonexistant, even. Minccino does not appreciate the visual joke, and provides some tactile feedback to indicate to Levin that he has considerable room for improvement in the humor department.

Though Minccino does not appreciate the Stephen King reference, Levin will likely appreciate the fact that he has obtained the key to Room 1408. Lucky for Minccino, this room is on the first floor, and not the "fourteenth". As he pockets the key, however, the sound of something mechanical grinding to life catches the ear of both Levin and Minccino. Turning around, they see that the formerly-defunct lobby elevator button panel appears to have recently come to life, with the number 5 lit up brilliantly against the darkness of the rest of the lobby. Five then grows dark as the number 4 begins to glow, indicating that one of the elevators is going down. So much for being out of service! There's no telling who... or what... might be descending on that elevator, but Levin and Minccino get the feeling that whatever it is, it's heading straight for the Lobby.

A number of options present themselves to the pair. Certainly, they could greet the elevator passanger as he/she/it descends to the Lobby. The pair could try to hide somewhere in the lobby, and hope that whatever it is will not see them as it traverses the lobby to whatever its destination is... or, the pair could run towards either of the two staircases (the left staircase heading up towards the rooms, or the right staircase heading down towards entertainment) and get away from the lobby altogether.

Whatever Levin decides to do, he will have to do it quickly... 3... 2...
    ((With Minccino at the Daycare Centre, I'm recalling her))

As he put away the key to his room, a chilling sound echoed throughout the empty hall. The creaking of rusty gears set in motion was unmistakable, and both Levin and Min turned to face the elevator, startled. Minccino hid behind him, terrified, holding on to his leg, and Levin himself felt scared, though he wasn't about to admit it.
    He needed more... manly company to get through this one, and he wouldn't subject the poor chinchilla to even more stress.

- Minccino, return. - he ordered, recalling her. - Out you go, Crix.

The spunky Elekid materialized and looked around in curiosity. Indifferent to the unwelcoming atmosphere, it began to wander off to explore on his own. He did that. Levin reached out to him; he didn't really want to be left alone, and Crix was little more than a newborn at this point; leaving him to fend for himself wasn't advisable.

- Pssst, Crix! Come back! I need you here... - he lowered his tone even more. - This Hotel is said to be haunted, and Min wasn't coping well. What I want you to do is...

He paused for a while. What did he want them to do? He never really believed in spirits or the supernatural in general, and the only ghosts he'd ever acknowledged were Ghost-Type Pokémon. What's to fear from those, so widely-known and owned by so many trainers? But on the other hand, hardly any of this could be considered "normal". The empty, albeit luxurious Hotel, the unsettling scenario and now the elevator? Something wicked this way comes, went the song. He could either sing along, or cover his ears and walk away.

The stairs were fairly close. A quick dash to the first floor would see them to their room, away from the craziness and ready for a good night's sleep. Min would definitely appreciate the break, too. But Min wasn't out anymore, and Crix probably wouldn't approve - or even obey, for that matter - instructions to run away. And what about himself? Levin came here looking for an adventure. What point was there in escaping when a chance for adventure finally presented itself?

Crix looked annoyed. From what Levin understood, his psychology was something along the lines of, he wasn't being called out to battle, he expected to, at the very least, have something interesting to do. The Elekid wasn't fond of standing around doing nothing, and was usually quick to make his own decisions. Brave as he was, it still made him difficult to tame. And right now, Crix looked ready to set off on his own to find some action if Levin didn't give him clear instructions fast.

Damn it. Why am I scared? I don't believe in the paranormal or any of that hocus pocus nonsense... Then why's my heart racing? Why is part of me considering running to 1408 so strongly?...

*Ding*

He put his hand on Elekid's head and forced it to duck next to him, hiding behind the counter. He might not have the guts to face whatever's coming out of that elevator head-on, but he couldn't bring himself to run away like a little girl. Hopefully curiosity only had it in for cats.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 13th June 2012 at 9:09 PM.

Phantom Isle
    The Haunted Theme Park

The Park

Areas:

Boutique: A gift shop selling theme park souvenirs, you might find more than a keyring or two floating about in here.

The boutique was completely void of life, shadows and trash where at some point visitors must have admired the products, stood in lines for checkout or had a good time with family and friends. Noriko tried to keep a cool head, having come into this place to look around for...what was it again? A bit of paper flew in the wind, scaring Noriko half-dead. "Okay, it was paper, calm down Noriko, it's fine, let's just have a look around while we're here." She took out her Pokéball, Skitty appearing at her feet. The little Pokémon took a second to check her surroundings before starting to shiver like Noriko had never seen before.

"I know you probably don't like this, but we won't be here for too long. Just think what we might find here!" Noriko tried her best to appear confident and brave, but her heart was racing. She still had a hunch that there was something worthwhile in this place. "And hey, two sets of eyes are better at finding the good stuff than one, right?" She was absolutely talking to Skitty so much just to calm her own nerves, but Skitty managed to take a few steps forward. Maybe she understood what Noriko was thinking?

Deciding not to waste any more time, Noriko started walking around. She then had an idea. "Skitty, use Foresight, there might be ghosts or illusions or something in place here."

Welcome kaisap!

XatuGamer- POST

King Ghidorah- POST

Emp- POST

kaisap112- You swing the door open, and in return, you hear jingles. It's just like any shop, only it's deserted, dirty, and haunted. You look around the gift shop, looking for...something. You couldn't remember what it was, so you decide to look around. The gift shop was not large, but it was big enough to contain more than yourself. You might not be alone here... There's someone watching you....Thinking about this made your hair stand. You continue a few yards towards the inside of the shop when crumpling of paper being thrown in the wind made you jump back. The surprise left you panting and regretting why you came here, so you take out Skitty for aid.

"I know you probably don't like this, but we won't be here for too long. Just think what we might find here!" You try to cheer up Skitty, who was now shivering in fear. After all, the two of you were in an abandoned, haunted gift shop in complete darkness. But you tried to push most of your fear aside, and began to walk around. After a few steps, you remember Skitty's Foresight, and commanded her to use it. Immediately, Skitty's eyes glowed a dim light, which was enough for the both of you.

A couple of minutes past, and you finished scanning the shop. You two were alone. You then decide to rummage through the shop's items, aisle by aisle. Skitty walked towards an aisle gleefully, but she was always in your line of sight. It'd be best to not separate. Then, you see an odd snow globe. It had 5 Piplups helping each other to create a Snow Empoleon. You chuckle at the sight, but you wonder why there'd be a winter themed snow globe in a summer attraction park. You were wondering about possibilities when you see bright lights flash in the reflection of the globe. You turn around quickly to see what was causing that, while laying low on the floor and sidestepping towards Skitty. She was also staring towards the entrance, which was a far distance from the two of you. Then, a car door slams right outside, and a loud conversation soon followed.

"I don't like it here. Gives me the creeps."

"Don't just stand there! Help me pick her up! Besides, that's the point! No one will look for her body in a haunted shop."

"God. Why am I stuck with this burden with you? Isn't it your job to get rid of the dead ladies after the boss is done?"

"Just...just shut up alright?!"

You hear heavy footsteps and grunting, as the two criminals approach the entrance.

What will Noriko and Skitty do?

Quote Originally Posted by extroph View Post
    Welcome kaisap!

XatuGamer- POST

King Ghidorah- POST

Emp- POST

kaisap112- You swing the door open, and in return, you hear jingles. It's just like any shop, only it's deserted, dirty, and haunted. You look around the gift shop, looking for...something. You couldn't remember what it was, so you decide to look around. The gift shop was not large, but it was big enough to contain more than yourself. You might not be alone here... There's someone watching you....Thinking about this made your hair stand. You continue a few yards towards the inside of the shop when crumpling of paper being thrown in the wind made you jump back. The surprise left you panting and regretting why you came here, so you take out Skitty for aid.

"I know you probably don't like this, but we won't be here for too long. Just think what we might find here!" You try to cheer up Skitty, who was now shivering in fear. After all, the two of you were in an abandoned, haunted gift shop in complete darkness. But you tried to push most of your fear aside, and began to walk around. After a few steps, you remember Skitty's Foresight, and commanded her to use it. Immediately, Skitty's eyes glowed a dim light, which was enough for the both of you.

A couple of minutes past, and you finished scanning the shop. You two were alone. You then decide to rummage through the shop's items, aisle by aisle. Skitty walked towards an aisle gleefully, but she was always in your line of sight. It'd be best to not separate. Then, you see an odd snow globe. It had 5 Piplups helping each other to create a Snow Empoleon. You chuckle at the sight, but you wonder why there'd be a winter themed snow globe in a summer attraction park. You were wondering about possibilities when you see bright lights flash in the reflection of the globe. You turn around quickly to see what was causing that, while laying low on the floor and sidestepping towards Skitty. She was also staring towards the entrance, which was a far distance from the two of you. Then, a car door slams right outside, and a loud conversation soon followed.

"Don't just stand there! Help me pick her up! Besides, that's the point! No one will look for her body in a haunted shop."

"God. Why am I stuck with this burden with you? Isn't it your job to get rid of the dead ladies after the boss is done?"

You hear heavy footsteps and grunting, as the two criminals approach the entrance.

What will Noriko and Skitty do?

The boutique was larger than Noriko had originally thought. Skitty's eyes were not light up by Foresight, making it a bit easier to move about. "Maybe I'll teach Skitty how to use Flash when I have the time," she thought, realizing the potential places for them to explore if they had light on their side. "Okay Skitty, we'll be checking the place aisle by aisle, that should make things easier." The duo got to work.

After a while of searching through empty shelves and trash Noriko spotted a lovely little snow globe. "Aw, how cute!" she giggled. The globe had five small Piplups in it, making a big snow statue of an Empoleon. "Wait...why is there a winter souvenir in a summer vacation spot?" Noriko looked around, not finding a single hint to the solution of this weird paradox.

Suddenly there was a flash of light and noise. Noriko turned around to see what was up, when suddenly she heard a car door slam shut. Quickly grabbing Skitty in her arms, Noriko dived behind the checkout counter. Quickly enough, a loud conversation started outside.

Noriko's heart nearly stopped. Dead ladies? Bodies? These people killed someone? She didn't have time to think much further as footsteps started approaching the boutique. Noriko leaned a bit past the counter, getting a look at the criminals: one had big muscles, the other had a leaner appearance. She tried logical thinking: Could she take them on with Skitty on her side? Would they be armed? Did they have Pokémon too? Could they run for their lives, call the police, what could they do about this?

The thugs entered the boutique. They didn't do much of a search before getting back to their business of carrying a big bag into the building. Meanwhile, Noriko's brain started producing answers to her previous questions.

The thugs didn't look particularly armed, but she couldn't be completely sure of it.
    Most likely they did have at least one Pokémon with them, criminals these days never went around without a non-human partner in crime.
    Running at this point wouldn't have a point, they'd be noticed and would get in trouble anyway.
    Noriko took a quick look at her PokéNav. No signal.

Holy Arceus. She'd have to pick a fight. There was no better option.

Noriko took a slow, deep breath, squeezing Skitty for a bit before putting her on the ground. Quickly going through Skitty's move pool in her head, she got up and yelled at the thugs.

"Hey! You there! What do you think you're doing?!"

[B]

King Ghidorah- Upon entering the Park, you are reminded of the horror movies you've seen before starting your adventure, and all the scary stories you heard from your childhood friends. The entrance was misty and gloomy, and the silence was deafening. You make out a sign through the mist right above the gate, only it had been distorted and shrouded with moss that all you can make out is ARK at the very end of the sign. You're amazed and shocked at the existence of a haunted park, but you and Krabby trecked on. After noticing signs of fear from Krabby, you try and comfort him by not showing any weaknesses on your part.

You look around, only hearing your own footsteps and Krabby's slow scuttling. You see familiar areas, ones you've seen in normal amusement parks. Concession stands with banners of what they were selling, roller coasters, a ferris wheel, and dozens of tents, which you hope were empty. After going into the park even more, the mist around you becomes denser. Hoping to seek refuge until daylight, you approach the Fortune Teller's tent. As you walk closer towards the tent, you begin to hear exotic music, or gypsy music only it was being played slowly, and on a gramophone. You slowly approach the tent, heart beating loudly as the music gets louder and louder. Suddenly you hear a cry right outside, near the other tents. It was a wailing cry, not a deafening shriek or anything a Pokemon can do.

You turn around, and you see a lady wearing black crying in the distance, right below a lamppost. The light from the lamp exaggerates her wrinkles and teary eyes. You notice that she's grabbing something, a small thing on her arms. It was wrapped in thick layers of wrapping, so you couldn't see what it was. You soon find out what the mystery was though, after you hear her scream, "Somebody help my poor baby!"

Baby can mean a lot of ways, but it will probably be a child or a small Pokemon. You can decide to help the middle-aged woman, or you can risk it and go inside the tent, the one that might not be empty.

What will Hugo and Krabby do?

Just as Hugo and Krabby reach the fortune teller’s tent, the eerie music is interrupted by a bloodcurdling shriek. Both Hugo and Krabby jump and shudder in fright. Looking back, they say the mysterious figure beckoning for assistance for her “baby.”

Hugo looks to Krabby who is still visibly shaken.

“I don’t…I’m not sure what we should do…what do you think?” he asks his crab friend.

Krabby looks at Hugo, then looks to the lamppost to see the weeping woman cradling whatever it is that she’s holding. The woman’s wailing grows louder and more disturbing. Krabby shrugs.

“Well…look...we’re here. Scary, bizarre stuff is going to happen. Whether we deal with this situation or not, it’s going to happen…as long as we’re here,” Hugo explained. “We can try to run and eventually be caught or we could just…deal with it. We could face it like men.”

Krabby’s face showed that it was understanding what Hugo was saying, and reluctantly agreed.

“So we go see what this is all about, yes?” Hugo asked.

*click click * responded Krabby.

“Okay,” Hugo said. “Here goes.”

Hugo began slowly making his way toward the wailing woman with Krabby scuttling slowly behind him in tow.

“Um…ex--…excuse me, ma’am” Hugo said. He could feel his heartpounding in his ears with fear. What could this…alleged woman…want? What could she actually be? The hair on the back of his neck was standing on edge.

“Is there…something I can help you with?”

I'll only be taking these three for now, sorry. I might change my cap sometime this summer though. Hope you enjoy your time here, XatuGamer, King Ghidorah, and Emp! EDIT: Including kaisap for the last spot. I'm now capped!

Emp- After recently arriving at the entrance of the park, you were greeted by the eerie noise of a swinging gate, which echoed in the empty park. You pace towards the inside of the park, heating your hands up as you go. You feel a chill go down your spine, yet you're not sure whether it was the cold temperature of the night or the ominous aura of the estate. Walking onwards, everything you saw reminded you of firsthand tales you've heard. Paper flew around you, most of them outdated or advertisements. One of them read "RIDE THE ROLLERQUAZA" and a worn out picture of a recently opened Rollerquaza was featured right below. After waling for a few minutes, you arrived in what seems to be the center of the park.

Finally, you've reached the infamous Rollerquaza. It's rusty walls loomed high above you, giving you a sense of excitement. "Looks like we made it." Your remark drifted in the air, and echoed throughout the park. Noticing your solitude, you bring out Mojumbo, shaking the ground as it appeared before you. After finally making a decision, you head towards the entrance of the Rollerquaza. The first thing you notice was the height requirement poster. It was a cardboard cutout of a park worker, only it was heavily vandalized. The mouth of the cardboard was covered with a red substance, perhaps ketchup, or blood? Nevertheless, you decide to keep moving.

The fog picks up heavily as you climb the steps towards the coaster's train. "Pick a cart, Mojumbo," you state to the behemoth, "I'll pick the cart the same distance from the center, so we don't mess up the train's balance." Mojumbo gives you a drone-like stare, and continues to walk towards the last cart, and fits himself in the small seat. You gulp after the Tangrowth made its choice, because you had to sit in the front now. Swallowing your fear and nervousness, you proceed to the front cart. Suddenly the Rollerquaza sprung back to life, playing its usual tune when launching a train. The seatbelts clicked into place, except in the last seat. After hearing a hiss from the release of pressure, the train begins to move.

Soon your train starts moving, and a few seconds after that, you were picking up speed rapidly. The train reaches the curve up, and you begin to feel a nauseous feeling in your stomach. The climb seemed endless, and you almost reached a 90 degree angle. Clerchunk! The train begins to slow down, as you reach the top of the climb. You look out at the view, but the heavy fog of the park covered most areas far away. But as you start moving slowly at the drop, you make out a figure, staring right at you from underneath a lamppost near the Rollerquaza. You squint your eyes to get a closer look when Whoosh the train reaches the drop. Caught off guard, you scream in horror from the plunge, which went by pretty quickly. Before long, the tunnel could be seen. Pitch black darkness surrounds you, and all you could hear was the loud scraping of the train. You panic inside, but you couldn't do anything outside. The train was moving too quick to move with control. Suddenly, a sharp pain hits your stomach, and you hear a loud explosion from behind the train. Although you couldn't see, you feel yourself turning over, until a cold surface hits your head, leaving you unconscious.

--

You wake up, greeted by Mojumbo. He was staring at you with slight delight in his eyes, and he looks around. You look around as well, but your body is in too much pain. After minutes, perhaps hours, of unconsciousness, your eyes get used to the darkness. You see the shine of the train, or what used to be the train. It was turned over, badly damaged. Carts were all over the place, and some got flattened by the crash. But you can barely see something else as well. Dried blood covered the ground, with some limbs and torsos laying everywhere. Some belonged to Pokemon as well. Paralyzed in disgust, you could not go back to your senses until you hear Tangrowth's call, and a loud roar coming towards you. It continuously roared, and you could tell that it's approaching in haste. You try to move, but you noticed that one of your legs was stuck underneath a cart. You can try to kick it off with your other foot, which has a great possibility of working, but then you'll have to run after that. Or you can confront this fiend, and hope that it's only a Pokemon.

What will Wes and Mojumbo do?
    Wes gawked ahead at the rusty walls which shadowed over him for miles, his heart racing faster as he’d reached the foot of the notorious thrill ride: Rollerquaza. Mojumbo shared his trainer’s enthusiasm one hand pressed on his forehead he whistled extendedly. The trainer grinned as he stepped forward, signalling the shaggy monster in tow. At the entrance of the park the kid spotted a vandalised cardboard cutout depicting the park’s height restrictions. The lifesize stencil depicted one of the park workers, but it looked to Wes like some teenagers had ravaged it with red spraypaint. The idea of it being something more sinister kept playing at the back of the boy’s mind, he shook his head in disbelief, not wanting to scare himself before he’d even made it onto the coaster.

With nerves kicking in he continued up the rusty stairwell, turning his head every now and then only to spot his Tangrowth lazily dragging his arms against the steps. They were alone... Wes had to squint as the fog got denser, barely able to see a few feet ahead and almost tripping as his foot fell through thin air expecting another step. They’d made it to the ride. It was a long, single-carted snaky rollercoaster which looked not unlike the legendary dragon it was named after. “Pick a cart, Mojumbo”, Wes offered, reasoning that whatever cart the heavy caveman picked – he’d have to pick one on the opposite end to prevent it falling apart. Wes’s heart sunk as Mojumbo squatted inside the cart nearest to the two at the Rayquaza’s tail-end. This meant he’d have the driver’s seat at the front of the ride, something he’d usually fight and arm and leg for if he hadn’t worked himself into such a panic. The trainer tested the cart with the weight of his foot before putting his whole body in, slouching back as the barrier clicked tightly above his gut. Wes revolved on the spot, Mojumbo looking as cheerful as ever with his stringy arms wrapped tight around his bushy abdomen. With a sudden jolt, the Rollerquaza wheeled into motion - music noising from the surround sound. Wes gripped tight onto the iron bar as his seatbelt fastened into place. Everything was out of his control as the train hissed from a release of pressure, rattling out of the station leisurely as though building suspense.

Wes felt his blood pressure climbing in anticipation, and he wasn’t disappointed as in a split second the coaster picked up speed as it began to scale a long track which pierced through the dark clouds. Wes felt his lunch swirl around in his stomach, wishing he could speak to Mojumbo but far too frightened to turn around... The climb went on for what felt like minutes as the tracks got steeper, nearing almost a vertical rise. He’d never been on a ride like this before. “I’ve got a bad feeling about this!” he yelled, tilting his head back as Mojumbo simply shrugged. Clerchunk! Wes felt the cart unhook from the track as it reached its peak. Wes looked around, the view was both terrifying and spectacular at the same time. He was sure he’d be able to see the bright lights of Seaside City from here, if not for the dark haze. Wes scanned the horizon when something suddenly moved in the corner of his eye. He could make out an ominous figure by a nearby lamppost but had no time to do anything about it as the ride went into a freefall. Still looking for the figure, Wes’s heart skipped a beat whilst his cheeks rippled at the intense velocity. Caught off guard, he screamed in panic - not one inch of him feeling the thrill he’d set out for. Plundering into darkness, Wes shut his eyes tight as they reached a subway at the foot of the drop. Visibility quickly shifted from low to zero as the metal dragon dived into the tunnel, making a grating screech as though its belly was caught on something. Wes wanted to do something but he was locked in and still moving fast, before he could call on Mojumbo a sharp pain hit his gut. The tunnel suddenly lit up with combustion as a thunderous explosion set off at the rear. Wes instinctively thought of his partner, but his attention quickly drew back to his own wellbeing as the cart tipped over, cracking his head open on the hard concrete sending him out clean.

Wes’s eyelids widened wearily as he groaned in pain, a large bump on his forehead giving him a quick reminder of the night’s events. As he opened his eyes, Mojumbo’s cheery grin zoomed into focus. Wes smiled back before looking around at the derailed coaster, carts and debris scattered up and down the pitch black cave. It must have been quite the disaster. Wes’s smug grin after a close shave was short-lived however as he turned in disgust at the bloody body parts laid up and down the crash site. There were some he recognised as Pokémon... Wes flinched, words failing to reach his lips as he lay petrified. Tangrowth’s low groan quickly snapped him back to his senses, suddenly followed by a feral roar which seemed to echo down the walls striking more fear into the kid as he tried to scramble back to his feet. Something was stopping him – one of his legs was pinned down by a cart and it was painful to move. Wes instinctively kicked the cart with his free foot, causing a great deal of pain as it budged slightly. Wes knew danger was afoot and he’d need to act fast, no matter how scared he felt.

“Mojumbo, whatever we’re up against I want to try slowing it down with a Sleep Powder. Then show it the full force of your Leaf Storm. I could also lend an Arm in Thrusting this cart off my leg when you get the chance. Prepare to make a break for it if I decide you can’t handle whatever’s out there!” Wes readied himself to limp in the opposite direction as he continued to kick the debris that were crushing his leg. His heart was racing ten to the dozen. They had no idea what they were up against and that was the most terrifying thing of all.

FB

Default "Horror is beyond the reach of psychology"

XatuGamer- POST (I'm moving the others without you for now because I know you're grounded at the moment.)

kaisap112- Staying low and away from the thugs' peripheral vision, you slowly make your way to the side of the shop. Sidestepping as you go, you see them carry a big bag inside the shop.

"God. It's dark in here. Let's put her down for a sec."

They put the body bag down, and turned on a couple of flashlights, and grab hold of it with their mouths. One of the lights flashed directly at you, but luckily the men weren't staring at where the light was pointing.

"Where should we hide the body?"

"Freezer."

The men were now making their way to the very edge of the store, where you were a few seconds ago. There was no time to lose. You got up and yelled at the thugs.

"Hey!"

They turned towards you in shock, almost dropping the body. "What do you think you're doing?!" You scream towards them, and Skitty ran in front of you, ready to fight.

The two men stared at each other and chuckled. Then they lightly put the bag down. Mocking you, they put their hands up, raising their jackets from the arm crease. You see that they were carrying guns. Noticing what you were staring at, one of them takes the opportunity to speak. "Don't worry, we deal with Pokemon trainers like you in a different manner."

Then they both grabbed for their jacket pockets and threw a Pokeball into the store floor. The Pokeballs released a Sneasel and a Trapinch. The Sneasel smirked at the Skitty while showing off its sharp claws, while the Trapinch snapped its jaws back and forth. Just when you thought you were outnumbered, you see something rise up from the body bag. It was moving, trying to exit the bag. Finally, it cut a small hole from it, and flew out.

The Yamask hovered above Skitty, ready to help out against those who killed her. What is Noriko's plan?

King Ghidorah- As you approach the lady, her wail grows louder. Krabby was reluctant to go near her, but you share a bit of wisdom with him. After your short discussion, he finally continues to walk towards her. You walk towards the lady, whose wails have grown from cries of despair to shrieks of anger. Your hair stands on ends but you still proceed. As you're only a few feet away from her, you begin to notice that she was...transparent. You can see her veins in her neck, and her teeth from her white lips. You try to ask a question, but you're too scared to talk straight.

“Um…ex--…excuse me, ma’am, is there…something I can help you with?" You gulp after the sentence, noticing that your throat is now dry and raspy. She stops wailing immediately. And smiles an evil grin. Krabby clicks rapidly, as the lady tansforms. She drops her "baby" which was a wooden doll. She rose to the air, and her legs began to disappear. Her black robes shortened and turned into a dark purple cloak. Her head pruned up into a small head, revealing glowing blue eyes and red lips. Her white hair lengthened and became a purple witch hat.

Give me your soul! The Mismagius' eyes glowed brightly.

Suddenly a purple flash appeared in your eyes for a split second, and you began to feel a throbbing headache. You get a glimpse of Krabby, who was also feeling the throbbing pain, before you fall unconscious on the ground.

Then you awake in a room. It had no doors, no windows, nothing. It had pale gray walls, with etch marks of what seem to be days. Some went on to fill the whole wall, while some only put one or two etches. Etchings of disturbing images also fill the walls, along with the floor. You notice that Krabby was nowhere to be found, and that all your Pokeballs have disappeared. Then you hear clicks.

It was coming from under the floor, and you could immediately recognize your partner. What will Hugo do next?

Emp- The creature roared loudly towards you and Mojumbo, and was approaching with incredible speed! The footsteps shook the ground, and gave out a sound similar to two hollow tubes pounded against each other. Adrenaline builds up inside you, and you quickly make a decision. You spit out orders to Mojumbo as quick as you can, for even the breathing of the attacker could be heard now. After hearing the orders, the enormous vine Pokemon sprung to life. He turned sideways, reaching out to you and to the direction of the attacker. The floor vibrated, and the lights in the walls spilled out sparks. Tangrowth didn't waste any time, though. His vine Arm elongated to Thrust the cart off your leg with ease, while in the other Arm, Sleeping Powders released off his pores and shot towards the monster. Suddenly, the running stopped. After a few seconds, you hear a loud slam, showing signs of a successful attack from Tangrowth.

Or so you thought.

You hear another slam. Then another. Mojumbo's eyes widened, and the behemoth of a Pokemon hastily proceeded with the Leaf Storm. You hear a few grunts as the sharp leaves cut the brute, but you still hear its loud footsteps. Slam. Slam. Finally, it reaches the point where no shadow concealed it. First came a giant club. It was about the size of Mojumbo himself, with Sharpedo teeth decorating its blunt end. Then, a Tauros appeared. The shadow only revealed the forehead and its horns, but quickly after, it revealed the closed eyes and the jawless face of the Tauros. An 8 foot brute of a man was connected to the decapitated Tauros head, only wearing rags and skulls of other people. He had cuts on its hairy chest, from the barrage of leaves earlier. His fists were the size of your head, making it hard to call the beast a man. It was first hunched real low, but stood on its full height after entering the main tunnel where the tracks were. It breathed heavily, releasing a foul stench of rotting bodies as it exhaled.

You have limited choices thus far. You can try and make him chase after you until it's a safe distance away from its starting tunnel, and proceed to run inside there. There's a slim chance the exit of the tunnel is there, or even if it was, there might be dozens of other routes that can easily get you lost. You can also try and outrun it towards the other opening of the tunnel, until you reach working rails and try and climb down the tall supports of the roller coaster. Of course, you'd have to be a great sprinter to do that, and you're limping. Or you can fight the monster head on, even if Pokemon attacks do barely any damage to him. All these ideas flooded your head, but you better act fast. The monster is watching your every move, trying to play cat and mouse.

What is Wes' next move?

Last edited by Extroph; 14th June 2012 at 5:17 PM.

kaisap112- Staying low and away from the thugs' peripheral vision, you slowly make your way to the side of the shop. Sidestepping as you go, you see them carry a big bag inside the shop.

They put the body bag down, and turned on a couple of flashlights, and grab hold of it with their mouths. One of the lights flashed directly at you, but luckily the men weren't staring at where the light was pointing.

"Where should we hide the body?"

"Freezer."

The men were now making their way to the very edge of the store, where you were a few seconds ago. There was no time to lose. You got up and yelled at the thugs.

"Hey!"

They turned towards you in shock, almost dropping the body. "What do you think you're doing?!" You scream towards them, and Skitty ran in front of you, ready to fight.

The two men stared at each other and chuckled. Then they lightly put the bag down. Mocking you, they put their hands up, raising their jackets from the arm crease. You see that they were carrying guns. Noticing what you were staring at, one of them takes the opportunity to speak. "Don't worry, we deal with Pokemon trainers like you in a different manner."

Then they both grabbed for their jacket pockets and threw a Pokeball into the store floor. The Pokeballs released a Sneasel and a Trapinch. The Sneasel smirked at the Skitty while showing off its sharp claws, while the Trapinch snapped its jaws back and forth. Just when you thought you were outnumbered, you see something rise up from the body bag. It was moving, trying to exit the bag. Finally, it cut a small hole from it, and flew out.

The Yamask hovered above Skitty, ready to help out against those who killed her. What is Noriko's plan?

A moment before Noriko got up she heard the thugs talking amongst themselves.

“Where should we hide the body?”

“Freezer.”

Noriko wasn’t sure how there a freezer in a place like this, but decided to think about that later. With no time to lose, Noriko yelled at the thugs, Skitty running in front of her, ready to fight.
    The thugs looked at each other briefly before laughing. Both raised their arms, revealing exactly what Noriko was afraid of earlier: guns.
    “Don’t worry, we deal with Pokémon trainers like you in a different manner,” chuckled one of the thugs before throwing a Pokéball. The other thug followed right after him, the balls revealing a mean-looking Sneasel and a Trapinch. ”Pinch indeed,” Noriko thought to herself, completely aware of the bad pun but also of the severity of the situation they were in. Sneasel smirked at Skitty, the Trapinch beside it snapping its jaws in a threatening manner. Skitty swallowed. They were outnumbered!

Just as Noriko was about to open her mouth, a sound came from the direction of the body bag. Something in the body bag…rose up. The thugs were just as confused as Noriko. After what looked like a bit of struggling, a hole appeared in the side of the bag – and out of it flew a very angry-looking Yamask. Noriko gasped: she’d heard of this Pokémon before. It was known to have been once human, the mask with it representing the old human life. ”It must be the spirit of that poor woman!” Yamask suddenly floated over to Skitty, remaining in place on top of the Kitten Pokémon. It looked like Yamask wanted to battle the criminals who killed her!
    Noriko dug out her seldomly used Pokédex, checking the move pools of each Pokémon. Yamask was by no means weak, but type advantages where pretty evened out. And would Yamask even listen to her commands? There wasn’t time to worry about that, so Noriko went with her gut.

“Yamask, would you please help us? We want those people brought to justice as much as you do!” After her plea, Noriko turned to her faithful Skitty. “Skitty, I know this is your first battle, but let’s take them out, alright?” Skitty hissed at the opposing Sneasel and Trapinch, more than ready to kick some criminal butt. Noriko dared to smile a bit.

“Skitty, use Fake Out on Sneasel and then Tackle it! Yamask, I need you to use Ominous Wind on both Sneasel and Trapinch! Let’s go!”
    Last edited by kaisap112; 14th June 2012 at 6:07 PM.

Emp- The creature roared loudly towards you and Mojumbo, and was approaching with incredible speed! The footsteps shook the ground, and gave out a sound similar to two hollow tubes pounded against each other. Adrenaline builds up inside you, and you quickly make a decision. You spit out orders to Mojumbo as quick as you can, for even the breathing of the attacker could be heard now. After hearing the orders, the enormous vine Pokemon sprung to life. He turned sideways, reaching out to you and to the direction of the attacker. The floor vibrated, and the lights in the walls spilled out sparks. Tangrowth didn't waste any time, though. His vine Arm elongated to Thrust the cart off your leg with ease, while in the other Arm, Sleeping Powders released off his pores and shot towards the monster. Suddenly, the running stopped. After a few seconds, you hear a loud slam, showing signs of a successful attack from Tangrowth.

Or so you thought.

You hear another slam. Then another. Mojumbo's eyes widened, and the behemoth of a Pokemon hastily proceeded with the Leaf Storm. You hear a few grunts as the sharp leaves cut the brute, but you still hear its loud footsteps. Slam. Slam. Finally, it reaches the point where no shadow concealed it. First came a giant club. It was about the size of Mojumbo himself, with Sharpedo teeth decorating its blunt end. Then, a Tauros appeared. The shadow only revealed the forehead and its horns, but quickly after, it revealed the closed eyes and the jawless face of the Tauros. An 8 foot brute of a man was connected to the decapitated Tauros head, only wearing rags and skulls of other people. He had cuts on its hairy chest, from the barrage of leaves earlier. His fists were the size of your head, making it hard to call the beast a man. It was first hunched real low, but stood on its full height after entering the main tunnel where the tracks were. It breathed heavily, releasing a foul stench of rotting bodies as it exhaled.

You have limited choices thus far. You can try and make him chase after you until it's a safe distance away from its starting tunnel, and proceed to run inside there. There's a slim chance the exit of the tunnel is there, or even if it was, there might be dozens of other routes that can easily get you lost. You can also try and outrun it towards the other opening of the tunnel, until you reach working rails and try and climb down the tall supports of the roller coaster. Of course, you'd have to be a great sprinter to do that, and you're limping. Or you can fight the monster head on, even if Pokemon attacks do barely any damage to him. All these ideas flooded your head, but you better act fast. The monster is watching your every move, trying to play cat and mouse.

What is Wes' next move?
    Wes’s heart raced as the sound of footsteps shook the ground, getting louder with each step. As soon as the orders left his lips, Mojumbo sprung to life. Heavy breathing could be heard at this point, the kid squinted to look for a figure to no avail. The tunnel was pitch black and he could barely see a foot ahead. The shaggy grass-type’s senses were much keener though as he listened out for the attacker and shook violently, releasing a flurry of Sleepy spores in its direction. Wes tried again to tug his ankle free, and with the Tangrowth noticing this he stretched out a free Arm and effortlessly Thursted it free. Wes felt the pain subside whilst his ankle was already starting to swell, painful to move as he attempted to reach his feet. Wes had heard a thud resonate down the cave no sooner had he scrambled to his feet, marking a successful attempt at slowing the monster down.

The nightmare was far from over as another slam filled the air, a third sending a chill down the trainer’s spine. Wes imagined the Powder had had as much effect as a Ponyta tranquiliser used on a full-grown Gyarados. Mojumbo turned back toward the darkness with a look of confusion, his eyes quickly widening as he peppered off a powerful Leaf Storm. The glowing plume of foliage streamed waywardly in the same direction, this time eliciting a few low grunts from the beast. Wes a strong feeling whatever was lurking ahead wasn’t a Pokémon. More low thuds shook the underground tunnel as the attacker finally came into light. First Wes spotted what looked like an incredibly thick club, about the size of Mojumbo but far sharper with Sharpedo teeth protruding from its end. Then the kid spotted the pelt of what looked like a Taurus, its horns sharp and curled. It was being worn by a huge brute of a man like some sort of trophy, Wes paralysed in fear once again. His gorilla-like chest was covered in grazes from the earlier assault as he hunched further forward, wrapping the club with his hands the size of bin lids. A heavy exhale made the trainers nostrils to flare in disgust, the stench of rotten meat filling the air.

Wes knew there was no way he could reason with the caveman as he mulled over his choices. He’d have a lot of trouble running away, his foot was throbbing and on a limp he’d have a tough time outrunning such a beast of a man. On the other hand, he didn’t like his odds in a fight either. Even though Tangrowth could regrow limbs at will, one swing of that club would surely knock him out. It was a catch-22 situation, but running seemed like their best bet. Wes hoped something bigger would come along and deal with it for him, but then they’d have a much bigger problem on their hands. He finally weighed up which direction to take, they’d have to pass the goliath if they went the way they came from, but the other road was much longer and he was unsure if his limp leg could take it. After what felt like hours, Wes felt his voice finally come back to him.

“I want you to pull out all the tricks to slow it down this time. Start out with a Cotton Spore followed by another dose of Sleep Powder. Then try and tangle its legs up in a Leech Seed as we run past him and make a break for it!”

FB

King Ghidorah- As you approach the lady, her wail grows louder. Krabby was reluctant to go near her, but you share a bit of wisdom with him. After your short discussion, he finally continues to walk towards her. You walk towards the lady, whose wails have grown from cries of despair to shrieks of anger. Your hair stands on ends but you still proceed. As you're only a few feet away from her, you begin to notice that she was...transparent. You can see her veins in her neck, and her teeth from her white lips. You try to ask a question, but you're too scared to talk straight.

“Um…ex--…excuse me, ma’am, is there…something I can help you with?" You gulp after the sentence, noticing that your throat is now dry and raspy. She stops wailing immediately. And smiles an evil grin. Krabby clicks rapidly, as the lady tansforms. She drops her "baby" which was a wooden doll. She rose to the air, and her legs began to disappear. Her black robes shortened and turned into a dark purple cloak. Her head pruned up into a small head, revealing glowing blue eyes and red lips. Her white hair lengthened and became a purple witch hat.

Give me your soul! The Mismagius' eyes glowed brightly.

Suddenly a purple flash appeared in your eyes for a split second, and you began to feel a throbbing headache. You get a glimpse of Krabby, who was also feeling the throbbing pain, before you fall unconscious on the ground.

Then you awake in a room. It had no doors, no windows, nothing. It had pale gray walls, with etch marks of what seem to be days. Some went on to fill the whole wall, while some only put one or two etches. Etchings of disturbing images also fill the walls, along with the floor. You notice that Krabby was nowhere to be found, and that all your Pokeballs have disappeared. Then you hear clicks.

It was coming from under the floor, and you could immediately recognize your partner. What will Hugo do next?

After doing some thinking and convincing, Hugo finally convinced Krabby to approach the mysterious woman and help her “baby.” However, the baby was fake and the woman was a soul-hungry Mismagius. And now Hugo finds himself alone.

“Ugh,” groans Hugo as he awakens from the Mismagius’ trickery. His head throbs in pain and his vision is blurred from this onset migraine. Examining his surroundings, he realizes he’s trapped in this proverbial hell hole. No way in. No way out. He noticed the etching on the walls, wondering who…or what…left them and what they meant.

As he began to come to his senses, he realized he was alone. Krabby was gone. He looked down at his waist. All of his Pokemon were missing. Panic began to set in.

*click….click… * Hugo heard from the beneath the floor. Immediately he recognized it was Krabby.

“KRABBY! KRABBY!” he yelled desperately. “KRABBY, IS THAT YOU?!”

The clicks became more rapid. Hugo became more confident that Krabby was beneath him. Hugo fell to his knees and began pryng and clawing and digging at the floor in attempt to reach Krabby.

“Krabby, you need to help me break your way out! Use AncientPower! Use Crossfire! Do something!” Hugo’s voice was getting more frantic by the second.

Phantom Isle
    The Haunted Theme Park

For several decades this remote theme park was a popular tourist attraction for people of all ages. Starting as a small fairground it was built into the land's largest and most sought after family holiday destination, the entire island eventually converted into one enormous theme park incorporating hundreds of rides, entertainment venues, and showcases. Contests were held, friendly trainer battles took place, children were even allowed to hire Pokémon for the day to either keep them company or to battle with in special kiddie events. When the park became so popular that families wished to stay longer than a single day in order to experience everything there was to offer, a grand hotel was built offering special and affordable deals for families and trainers alike. Then one day, several years ago and during the height of the theme park's popularity, a devastating fire on the Ghost Train responsible for the deaths of several adults, trainers, and dozens of children, closed the fairground to the public. Reconstruction work began immediately, but after many unexplained happenings involving serious injury, and in a few cases the death of construction workers, the repairs were put on hold. The spooky events continued long after, with many curious trespassers, as well as the security guards hired to keep them away, disappearing, never to be seen again, or turning up on the mainland frightened out of their wits with no memory of why, or of how they got there. Any and all attempts at reconstruction have since failed, leaving the theme park shrouded in an aura of darkness and mystery. As a result very few dared to venture here, the stench of death and misery allowing the theme park to become a breeding ground for the darker side of the Pokémon world. As supernatural activity in the deserted park increased, a strange purple haze began to appear until eventually the entire island was surrounded by it resulting in a permanent state of darkness shrouding it as natural light was unable to properly filter through. This of course deterred even more people from approaching the area as they deemed it far too dangerous. In recent weeks, however, some rather bizarre events are rumoured to be taking place, and as word spreads of the park once again being open, only now run by ghosts, the theme park has been renamed "The Phantom Isle". Now, some of the more daring adventurers in the land have been contemplating returning to the park to discover for themselves if there is indeed any truth to these amazing stories.

The Park
    Despite the lack of human activity in the park during its closure, it seems those from the realm of the dead are quite active in these parts. All of the popular rides remain the same as they were prior to the ghost train event, but over time they seem to have become populated by very unsavoury characters in the form of spectres, poltergeists, and even some of the more mischievous Pokémon who want to manipulate anyone brave enough to enter such a place. If you dare to venture here, you'd best have your wits about you.

Areas:
    Mantine Mania: A water-based ride with a twist, not only do you ride through what used to be the serene decorative gardens, there is a waterfall drop and even an underwater segment. Pokémon are rumoured to live in the water and the various surroundings, but if you plan on leaving the ride be wary of getting lost in the now-jungle-like gardens as it could prove to be a very dangerous trek.
    With the smell of mystery all around him, Rob felt slightly unsettled to be in a place with such a negative past, though not by the feeling of the place itself which is what attracted him to this location in the first place. "Well this'll be interesting.." The trainer reached to his belt, which currently held 5 Pokéballs, grabbed the one of the red and white orbs and pressed the opening mechanism, which formed a stream of light taking the shape of a small crocodile. "Sandileeee..." the small creature yawned before taking in the feel of the environment and feeling slightly more energized. "We made it Judis, I knew you'd like this place." The Sandile started to snap her mouth happily before scurrying off into the ride. "Hold it!" The sand Pokémon stopped in her tracks and looked back with a "What do you want?!" look on her face. "We need to stick together if we are doing this, we cannot be separated, you hear? I need you to protect me from everything scary after all!" the trainer said half joking, with Judis rolling her eyes slightly as she went back to her trainer. "That's better, besides, we want to savor all the deliciously devilish things this island has to offer right? Anyway, let's go crazy in the Mantine Mania, shall we?" the Sandile shook her head with excitement like never before, with her trainer chuckling as both set off for what would probably be the ride of their lives.

Default "Wherever there is light, there must be shadow."

XatuGamer- POST

kaisap112- The thugs brought out their Pokemon, Sneasel and Trapinch. At first, Skitty was in a dire situation, facing two stronger Pokemon at once. But the spirit of the lady reanimated into a Yamask, and is prepared to protect Noriko and her Skitty. Without hesitation, you professionally gave out attack orders to Skitty and to the Yamask. “Skitty, use Fake Out on Sneasel and then Tackle it! Yamask, I need you to use Ominous Wind on both Sneasel and Trapinch! Let’s go!”

Skitty sprung to life, and it was much faster than what the two villains have expected. It dashed with tremendous speed at Sneasel, who tried blocking his head from Skitty's incoming tail, but was hit directly in the gut instead. It dropped to its knees, but Skitty wasn't done. "Wolverine! What are you doing?! Faint Attack, right now!" The Sneasel tried to move, but the Fake Out caught him off guard. Skitty pounced once more with a Tackle, sending the Sneasel flying towards an aisle. You cheer on Skitty, but realized that Yamask wasn't doing anything. She was staring at her new body, then at her mask, and began to weep. "Yamask! These are the men who killed you! Surely you want vengeance?" You yell out to Yamask, who then heard your call. At that, Yamask began to approach the battlefield. "Army Ant, Bite that Yamask over there!" Trapinch shot himself from the floor directly at Yamask. Yamask closed her eyes, and when she opened them, it was burning with anger.

The whole room become fogged with an Ominous substance that harmlessly entangle near objects. Black spiny fog formed a small tornado in the field, sending Trapinch and Sneasel flying around. Winds scratched the two Pokemon, as they were thrown from aisle to aisle. After a while, Yamask calmed down, and Trapinch and Sneasel came crashing down from the ceiling, fainted.

As expected from thugs, battling them is a waste of time and time consuming. The only thing good that came out of this was Skitty's level up and befriending Yamask. Nevertheless, you drove them away, leaving you, Skitty, Yamask, and her body in the shop. It was dirtier than ever. Stuffed animals and fluff cover the ground, broken glass from the snow globe are everywhere, so you decide to carry Skitty. After the thugs drove away, Yamask fogged up the entrance door, and wrote:

Do You Wish To Know Me?

What is your decision Noriko?

King Ghidorah- "KRABBY! KRABBY! IS THAT YOU?"

You try and dig through the wooden floor of the strange room. Hopeless to do it yourself, you ordered Krabby to break through the floor. "Use AncientPower! Use Crossfire! Do something!" Krabby clicked twice, and proceeded to do so. You step back away from the center of the room, hoping Krabby can break through. After a while, you start to hear explosions from underneath. The wooden floor started to rise up, then they start snapping. Krabby was doing it! Bright lights emerged out of the cracks, and they got brighter and wider as Krabby continued to attack. Then, a loud explosion caused the whole room to shake, knocking you back unconscious again.

You'll never get out of my grasp, poor Hugo. The Mismagius' voice was deafening, even if she was only whispering. Fighting it will only make it worse. Just give in to me, and I'll put you to rest.

You awaken once more, this time in a city bench. The sun couldn't be seen from all the skyscrapers, but you can tell it was morning from the clear blue sky up above. You sit up, looking at the traffic and the honking of the cars. Pedestrians walk from all directions. It was all too confusing for you. You barely remember what had happened before waking up here. Slowly losing grasp of what was real and what was illusion. Then, you remember the room, and how Krabby almost got to you.

Click.

The click was very distant, but you know exactly where he was. You stand up, and tried to listen for another click. But as you stood up, it triggered something. The blue sky immediately turned a hazy purple. Traffic stopped, and so did all noise. The pedestrians stopped at once, and faced at you. You notice that none of them had faces. Then, they start coming for you. Climbing over the cars, jumping off windows, just to get to you.

Quick thinking is necessary, Hugo. What will you do next?

Emp- The Minotaur stared at you, watching your every move. It breathed slowly, and for a brief moment, there was silence.

“I want you to pull out all the tricks to slow it down this time. Start out with a Cotton Spore followed by another dose of Sleep Powder. Then try and tangle its legs up in a Leech Seed as we run past him and make a break for it!” The Minotaur charged with incredible speed at you, disregarding the Tangrowth. But that was his mistake. As he charged towards you, Tangrowth opened fire with Cotton Spore, making the Minotaur slow down to a halt. He shook his head, trying not to sniff in the cotton, but soon he could barely move. The beast roared in anger, as his muscles contracted and lost his maneuverability. Tangrowth didn't stop there, and gave him a Sleep Powder, which brought him to his knees. Finally, Tangrowth planted Seeds all over his body, which wrapped the monster in vines that Leeched off his energy. It was time to make a run for it!

You head towards the tunnel where the Minotaur was originally running from, and you could see bent pipes everywhere. Hot steam blew out the pipes from time to time, and some clanking of metal could be heard. Red lights flashed from time to time, and there was probably a small alarm system going off in the control room right now.

After a couple of minutes limping, you hear the roar from behind. The sound vibrated the tubes even up to where you were right now, and charging footsteps could be heard once more, only slower than before. The plan worked, but hopefully you can make it somewhere safe in time.

You close in on a two way route. One route goes to a deeper tunnel going down, another going up and to the left. But, you notice another thing to your right. It was a thick metallic door that had a label on it, only it was too dusty to read. You wipe of the dust and could make out: SEW-R

Which way will you go, and what actions will you take, Wes?

Last edited by Extroph; 15th June 2012 at 6:44 PM.

kaisap112- The thugs brought out their Pokemon, Sneasel and Trapinch. At first, Skitty was in a dire situation, facing two stronger Pokemon at once. But the spirit of the lady reanimated into a Yamask, and is prepared to protect Noriko and her Skitty. Without hesitation, you professionally gave out attack orders to Skitty and to the Yamask. “Skitty, use Fake Out on Sneasel and then Tackle it! Yamask, I need you to use Ominous Wind on both Sneasel and Trapinch! Let’s go!”

Skitty sprung to life, and it was much faster than what the two villains have expected. It dashed with tremendous speed at Sneasel, who tried blocking his head from Skitty's incoming tail, but was hit directly in the gut instead. It dropped to its knees, but Skitty wasn't done. "Wolverine! What are you doing?! Faint Attack, right now!" The Sneasel tried to move, but the Fake Out caught him off guard. Skitty pounced once more with a Tackle, sending the Sneasel flying towards an aisle. You cheer on Skitty, but realized that Yamask wasn't doing anything. She was staring at her new body, then at her mask, and began to weep. "Yamask! These are the men who killed you! Surely you want vengeance?" You yell out to Yamask, who then heard your call. At that, Yamask began to approach the battlefield. "Army Ant, Bite that Yamask over there!" Trapinch shot himself from the floor directly at Yamask. Yamask closed her eyes, and when she opened them, it was burning with anger.

The whole room become fogged with an Ominous substance that harmlessly entangle near objects. Black spiny fog formed a small tornado in the field, sending Trapinch and Sneasel flying around. Winds scratched the two Pokemon, as they were thrown from aisle to aisle. After a while, Yamask calmed down, and Trapinch and Sneasel came crashing down from the ceiling, fainted.

As expected from thugs, battling them is a waste of time and time consuming. Nevertheless, you drove them away, leaving you, Skitty, Yamask, and her body in the shop. It was dirtier than ever. Stuffed animals and fluff cover the ground, broken glass from the snow globe are everywhere, so you decide to carry Skitty. After the thugs drove away, Yamask fogged up the entrance door, and wrote:

Do You Wish To Know Me?

What is your decision Noriko?

Despite Skitty never having been in a battle before, she was more than prepared to do whatever it took to protect her Trainer from these criminals. With incredible speed she set out towards the opposing Sneasel. The thugs barely managed to blink in the time it took for Skitty to reach Sneasel – and land a very aggressive Fake Out through her tail right in Sneasel’s gut. With her opponent falling on its knees before her, Skitty was not done attacking. Sneasel’s owner tried to give an order: "Wolverine! What are you doing?! Faint Attack, right now!"

Noriko had done the right thing ordering Skitty’s first move: Fake Out had immobilized Sneasel! The flinching wouldn’t last for long though, but Skitty was already on to her second move: bouncing a powerful Tackle from her tail at Sneasel, the Dark Pokémon flew at the aisles, knocking down two shelves on its way. “That’s it Skitty! Keep it up!” Noriko was excited, her partner having done far better than she had ever expected. Suddenly she stopped her cheering – Yamask was not taking part in the fight. Yamask glanced at the body bag, then at its new form, then its mask, before beginning to weep.
    “Yamask! These are the men who killed you! Surely you want vengeance!” Noriko shouted at the top of her lungs, not wishing Yamask to get attacked first.

After a second of thinking, Yamask apparently realized what Noriko had actually said. With clear determination, it floated over to the battlefield, just in time to hear one of the thugs ordering his Trapinch: "Army Ant, Bite that Yamask over there!” Trapinch immediately leaped at Yamask with its jaws wide open.

Yamask closed her eyes. As Trapinch approached, she opened them again, glowing and burning with anger. A thick, gloomy substance started gathering up items around the boutique. Finally, it turned into a violent tornado of Ominous Wind that gathered up Trapinch and Sneasel as well. The two Pokémon spun around for a few moments in the tornado, colliding with shelves and trash, before they were sent flying to the wall. Not stopping there, the tornado tossed them around like specks of dust, right until Yamask’s eyes stopped glowing. Sneasel and Trapinch had gotten very damaged by the attack, falling on the ground unconscious.
    The thugs were gasping for air in horror. They hadn’t expected this from a girl and a puny Skitty! In a hurry they summoned their Pokémon back in their balls before taking off. Shortly Noriko heard car doors slam shut before a screech of tires let her know the thugs were well on their way far from the theme park.

Noriko was shaking. Her first battle and she had…won? She fell on her knees, Skitty quickly by her side, clearly worried about the young Trainer. “Skitty, that was incredible, I’m so proud of you! Sorry, I’m still shaking…” Skitty licked Noriko in a soothing manner. She’d been just as scared, but they had made it. Noriko's Pokédex decided to make an announcement from her bag: "Skitty has leveled up!" Noriko stared at her bag for a bit. "You gained a level Skitty?! That's great!"

Yamask was not joining their victory celebration – she gloomily looked around her before disappearing.

“Hey, Yamask, you were amazing- Yamask? Yamask?” Noriko looked around her. Where’d the Pokémon gone? She then saw the entrance door, fogged up, with writing on it.

Do You Wish To Know Me?

Noriko stared at the letters. She thought there was something very sad about them. “Of course I want to get to know you, Yamask. We’re friends now, right? You saved our lives!” Noriko picked Skitty up from the floor. “I bet Skitty wants you around too. But think about it for a bit, we understand this is all a bit strange to you.” Suddenly there was a bleep coming from Noriko’s hips. She glanced at her PokéNav that was happily blinking, having found a communications signal. Noriko sighed. “You blasted little thing and your timing. Hey Yamask, we’re gonna call the police now, okay? We’ll be right over there if you need us.”

Without a response Noriko walked to the corner, explaining in a low voice to the call center what had happened here. The police would take a while to get to the park, there having been other incidents around town earlier – one of them a violent shooting in a restaurant. Noriko ended the call, setting Skitty down on the ground. “We’ve got to wait here a while, Skitty. Guess Yamask hasn’t made her mind yet either…” She suddenly remembered something the thugs had said earlier. “Hey Skitty, didn’t those guys talk about some freezer being in here? Think there’s a hidden room or something? We could look for that while waiting.” Noriko walked over to the entrance with the fogged up message. It was already starting to fade away.

“Hey Yamask, the police will be here soon to um…you know. Skitty and I are gonna try to find that freezer those thugs were talking about, there might be something helpful there, for the police at least. So um, I know this is new to you and all, but…” She dug out an empty Pokéball (1/5) and held it out. “If you’d like to join us, we’d be happy to have you. And I really do want to get to know you and help you, so what do you say?” She held her breath a bit. It’d all be up to Yamask now.
    Last edited by kaisap112; 15th June 2012 at 6:53 PM. Reason: Updater updated his post

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast