Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 315

Thread: Phantom Isle - The Haunted Theme Park

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
    Ex-Admiral Insane:
    Both little girls perk up when you mention turning this search into a game, sending you bright smiles as one tries to remember where she’d seen the Pokémon hiding. The other ends up poking around the same places you were looking, glancing at her twin to see whether the other recalled where they’d come across a Pokémon.

    At your question, the one not deep in thought pipes up. Ty’s the one who makes sure none of the people who go to the picture wall try to hurt us. You get the sense that she’s including more than just herself and her sister in the ‘us.’ He’s not really mean to us, but he’s really mean to the people who go to the picture wall with the funny smoke-sticks. He says the smoke-sticks can control us and that’s why he chases them away. So that none of us have to listen to the smoke-stick people. She then smiles up at you. He didn’t say anything about people with flowers, though, so you must be nice.

    The other twin then picks up the line of conversation, but takes it in a different direction. C’mon, mister. I think I remember where the little Pokémon was. She grabs your hand and begins to pull you deeper into the maze of tents, excitedly, certain that she has the right answer. Her twin pouts as she follows you two, but she doesn’t say anything. You try to remember which way the three of you are going, but it quickly becomes a blur; the two little girls are very familiar with the maze and never hesitate at any intersection. It probably doesn’t help that the grip on your hand is chilling.

    By the time the girl stops pulling you along and releases your hand, it almost feels like you’ve stuck your hand into a bucket full of ice. However, peeking around a tent corner is a familiar white Pokémon with a green ‘helmet’ sprouting two red horns. The little girl beams proudly up at you. See? Now you’ll play with us, right? She directs pleading eyes in your direction, as her twin goes up to look at your Ralts.

    As you prepare to respond, though, you notice something odd about the way Rags is acting: mainly that, though you are standing directly in front of him, he doesn’t seem to see you. He can clearly sense you by the way he searches his surroundings, but his confusion is obvious. Interestingly enough, the little girls don’t seem to find it odd, as one begins giggling at your starter’s expression. The other merely waits expectantly for your answer to her question.

    What will you do?
    Smoke stick? What the...? he thought. Sounds like some crowd control weapon. Lucas could definitely understand now if ghosts tried to scare someone off with a weapon. If they were children, they would certainly be frightened of such a thing. This Ty sounds like a nice guy. Someone who protects his fellow ghostly companion. Though he does seem to have mild anger issues. Maybe I could ask him for help when the need arises.

    He didn’t say anything about people with flowers, though, so you must be nice.
    Lucas practically beamed a huge smile in their direction. He couldn't help himself. It somehow felt good to hear such a compliment coming from a ghost.

    C'mon mister, I think I know where the little Pokémon was. One of the little girls grabbed his hand and started dragging him past tents making turns after every so-many tents. Lucas was trying to keep up with them, not because they were fast, but because of their certainty in where they were going and their lack of hesitance when turning a corner. To Lucas, every corner came as a surprise and he had to quickly shuffle his feet to turn. He had almost no time to look at the many tents that he passed and each seemed to look just like the same blur as the previous one. He was going to have a tough time finding his way back. His hand was starting to get cold as well. The girl's hand seemed to have some sort of icy grip.
    It was odd though, to him. The girls seemed to be moving towards a specific place rather than looking around. It was almost as if they already knew where he was hiding.

    Finally, the three of them stopped and the little spectre that held his hand, now released him. Lucas moaned a bit in pain as he held his now freezing-cold hand in his other to warm it up. Her hand was almost literally as cold as ice and it certainly felt that way to him.
    At first, he couldn't see any pokémon around that even seemed to resemble a Ralts. So when he turned around the corner of the tent, he was overjoyed when he finally find a little white pokémon with what appears to be a green and red helmet.
    See? Now you’ll play with us, right? She looks in his direction questioningly while the other seemed to be merely looking at the pokémon.
    His joy was cut short though, when he noticed Rags' lack of enthusiasm. The Ralts was looking around as if sensing his presence, but otherwise blind to notice Lucas standing right in front of him. The little girls' expressions weren't all that comforting either; one was standing still waiting for his answer, pretending everything was normal while the other one started giggling when looking at Rags.
    He was starting to lose his trust in the two. They obviously knew something and he didn't feel like answering their question until he got a reply from Rags.

    It was clear to Lucas that something was wrong. Whatever it was, Lucas didn't bother thinking about such things and merely wanted to try and make contact with his starter.
    "Rags! Over here!" he shouted. He went towards him to try and shake him while continuously asking Rags if everything was all right and that he wasn't hurt.
    Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 2nd January 2013 at 12:15 AM.

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
    Allishinca:
    At your orders, Pluto tries to Sneak his Shadow behind the Vulpix, but, having just been thrown into a wall, he is, understandably, a little off his mark. Especially when the Vulpix, once again, becomes a Faint shadow and leaps to Attack him again, irritating your starter. He Leers at the fox-like Pokémon as it fades back into visibility and it hesitates for a moment, before sending off a Ray to try to Confuse Pluto. Luckily, it seems the Vulpix wasn’t focused enough to actually hit him with it.

    However, when it briefly turns to glance towards where you and Codi are leaning against the wall, Codi begins to have a bad feeling about its next actions. Sure enough, it sends the remaining three Will-o-Wisps spiraling towards you, two of which Codi is not fast enough to dodge. In retaliation, Pluto viciously Jabs it with a Poisoned claw and it backs away, wincing, even as it glares at him. Only a moment later, it stumbles, looking unsteady on its feet, before it tries to shake it off, but the two Pokémon watching can tell that it’s Poisoned. Both battlers are looking a little tired and Codi winces as his Burn makes itself known, but neither Pluto nor the Vulpix look ready to back down. Thankfully, nothing comes of the building’s earlier shudders, but a slight flicker in the light from the hall might pass by unnoticed.

    What will you do?
    Pluto attempted to Shadow Sneak behind the Vulpix, but having just been thrown against a wall left him too disoriented. The Vulpix quickly retaliated by falling back into the shadows and hitting Pluto with a Faint Attack. Pluto fell to the ground and grumbled in annoyance. Looking up, he gave the Vulpix a Leer for a good measure as it emerged from the shadows. The fox Pokemon sent off a Confuse Ray, which fortunately does not make contact as Pluto leap up off of the floor. Codi and Alli remained hidden in the corner of the room when the Vulpix turned and gave them an ominous stare. Codi seemed to realize what the sneaky fox was about to do.

    "Uh-oh"

    "What is it?" Questioned the still blinded Alli. Before Codi could respond, the three remaining Will-o-Wisps spiraled across the room towards them. Codi dived forward, dragging his tiny little trainer with him. This endeavor allowed the two of them to dodge the first Will-o-Wisp, but also made them vulnerable to the remaining pair, which collided onto Codi's back and side with a sizzling sting. With the Vulpix momentarily distracted, Pluto dived forward and punched it with a good Poison Jab. The fox staggered as it backed away. It glared at Pluto as it tried to shake away the pain.

    Alli picked herself up off of the floor, while Codi worked his way into a sitting position up against the wall. With no more Will-o-Wisps in the room, Alli was free of their enchantment, at least momentarily. Codi held his side as he winced due to the burns. He did not want to seem too dramatic, especially with Pluto about. As the pain from his burns increased, Codi became less concerned over toughing it out for posterity. He and Alli now watched the battle intensely as the Vulpix again staggered before catching itself.

    "What's wrong with it?" Alli turned back to her Lopunny.

    "It's poisoned. I'm dying, by the way."

    "You're going to have to try to make it until the end of the fight.
    Just hang in there, okay?"

    "Call strategy, then!"

    "Well, out of the six moves I can remember, all I have left are Recover and Gummi Bomb. I don't think he needs Recover yet, and we've never practice Gummi Bomb before. Besides, I don't want to risk using it in this rickety old building."

    Codi was silent for a moment until stating the obvious;
    "Little Bun, you're eyes aren't covered anymore. Just check your Pokedex."

    "Oh, that's right!" Alli may have giggled in her embarrassment if the seriousness of the situation had not prevented her from doing so. She pulled her Pokedex out of her pocket and scanned over Pluto's entry. Alli familiarized herself with his other moves, before shouting out her orders.
    "Pluto! Hit it with another Leer, then another Poison Jab! After that, back off and cover yourself with Detect!" Alli then quickly swung her backpack off and pulled out Pokeball [5/5], readying herself to throw it should the moment arise.


    Profile

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
    Son_of_Shadows: Ehehe, hope you don't mind how long it ended up being. It kinda got away from me...^^;

    At your response, Angela visibly sags in relief, leaning against one of the walls of the tent as James looks to be struggling against a spark of hope. We aren’t entirely sure how to get rid of him, but some of the trainers trapped here should have an idea, Angela says, relief still evident in her voice as she slides down the wall to sit on the floor. There’s a few we got to right after He got to them, but I think they were also trying to get rid of Him, too. She looks questioningly at James.

    Tyler’s actually on his way, he tells her, moving to look out of the tent. One of the others must have seen you two coming by and mentioned it to everyone else. He and one or two of them were probably interested to see how we actually got to a live one before He did. He turns back to you. Tyler’s one of the trainers we got to only after He and the Little Ones did. I think he came by to pay his respects, too, but they went after him. He was able to get away, though, thanks to his Sableye, but they eventually got the drop on him. James shakes his head. We hadn’t really started gathering together yet, so it took us a while to find him and, by that time, he’d already found several other trainers who’d fallen victim to the Little Ones. He’d have a better idea who would actually know something that could help.

    Yup, and I brought one of them with me, comes a new voice as its owner ducks into the tent with another ghost. Like James, these two have no indication of how they died and would have looked perfectly normal if they hadn’t been translucent. The first one, most likely Tyler by his first sentence, has the air of a stereotypical Pokémon trainer, though his outfit certainly helps foster the stereotype. He also seems rather light-hearted and up-beat for someone who’s dead. The second one looks considerably older than James, Angela, and Tyler, maybe in his late teens where Tyler was maybe thirteen and Angela and James looked closer to nine or ten. He also seemed slightly more unapproachable than the previous three, as he quickly picks the back corner of the tent and leans against it. Hey, James, Angela, living-person-who’s-hopefully-helping-us. I dunno if you’ve met before, but that’s Sam. He motions to the guy in the back. As far as I know, he’s the closest one to actually bringing the Leader down, but he did that ages ago, so I dunno if things’ve changed. Tyler shrugs lightly. Still, figured he might be able to help. So, would someone like to tell us what happened?

    -------

    Once the new arrivals were caught up, conversation moves to defeating the Leader and attention turns to Sam, who reluctantly goes to sit in the circle that had been formed during the explanation.

    From what I remember, the Little Ones like to keep close to the Memorial Wall, but, once the Leader gives them orders, they follow without question. We’ve been lucky so far; they haven’t found us yet, but they will soon.

    We saw them on our way here, Tyler pipes up. They were just past that trio of Kiddie Arenas. James and Angela exchange nervous looks, before turning to watch the tent’s entrance.

    Sam continues, ignoring the interruption. Interestingly enough, I found that the Leader doesn’t seem to share their clinginess as he had no problem chasing after me himself and barely hesitated once we left the Sideshow Alley. He pauses briefly, staring out at the tent’s entrance as though listening for something before he speaks again. Anyway, there seems to be something of particular value to the Leader in the Ghost Kiddie Arena, although that is a rather obvious place to hide something. However, I’ve had a gut feeling about the House of Mirrors for a while. I dunno what’s there or why that particular place, but something’s telling me that place is important. He glances at the tent’s entrance again, even as the other three ghosts begin getting up and peeking out, and hands you two Pokeballs. I was able to grab these two before I had to leave my body behind. I expect them back. And with that, he and Tyler slip out of the tent and hurry away, Tyler waving cheerfully back at you three.

    Angela turns back to you as James continues to scan the surrounding tents, but the two ghosts are visibly tense. You’ve got to go now, she whispers, glancing at James. The Little Ones are almost here and we’ve got to get going before they arrive. If you head to the back of this tent, there’s a path that’ll take you to the House of Mirrors or the Ghost Kiddie Arena. Just follow the white letters. She moves to the front of the tent and both she and James disappear into the maze of tents, too.

    What will you do?

    So here he was, plotting with ghosts to overthrow the leader of a gang of other little kid ghosts. How did this even happen? He still wasn't completely sure. Neither was Bishop. Sam and Tyler were two Pokémon trainer ghosts recruited to their cause by James and Angela, hopefully capable of adjusting strategies on the fly - essential tricks for any trainer. Tyler, the younger of the two seemed to be more co-operative than Silent Sam, standing in the corner like a loner. Yeah, he'd be helpful.

    Until he actually spoke up, when he gave very useful information. The ghosts usually kept to the Memorial Wall when not under their leader's orders and were currently searching for Joshua and company. They were currently around the Kiddie Arenas, an area of the park that had previously been used to stage rental battles to teach young children how to battle. However, they were closing in fast... Sam explained that there were two possible places of interest right now. The House of Mirrors and the Kiddie Arena specialising in Ghost types. One was merely a suspicion, the other was a definite place he'd need to go... Joshua pondered this for a second before making his decision.

    "I'm going to the House of Mirrors. I'll trust your judgement Sam. If there's something there, Bishop and I can figure it out pretty quickly with his Foresight. We'll go to the Kiddie Arenas afterwards. They're likely to be more guarded anyway." He looked at the two Pokéballs that Tyler had given him before leaving. What was inside? He had no time to check now, with the Little Ones coming. He would investigate in the House of Mirrors, he supposed. "Let's go, Bishop."
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    ((Since one of our PI updaters has been declared inactive, I am officially welcoming kaisap and Emp into my group. I hope you both continue to have a great time in Phantom Isle~!))


    poketim2- Though Jitterz realizes that this battle will likely be a major challenge, he considers himself up to the task, and suggest that they minimize the "floppingz" of the Goldeen first, in order to prevent the shock waves from knocking the little Joltik to Kingdom Come. Brier agrees with this strategy, and helps out his little friend by flinging him toward the Goldeen. Suoni joins Jitterz in the assault, taking a deep breath before charging in.

    Jitterz starts the battle with a Spider Web, which awes not only Brier, but Jitterz himself; has all this training been paying off? The web that comes out of Jitterz almost spans the entire crater! Not only that, but it seems to be strong enough to absorb the shockwaves that the Goldeen produces as it angrily tries to free itself from the web; the web shakes violently, but does not tear. Marcus and Suoni are both impressed, and Suoni takes an opportunity to fire off Confusion at the Goldeen... not only does the attack miss, but it looks surprisingly weak. Odd for such a powerful legendary Pokemon to be so poorly trained! In response, the Goldeen turns to Jitterz and fires off a Supersonic attack that fills the area with a horrifying screeching sound that immediately causes Marcus and Brier to put their hands to their ears; thankfully, Jitterz is able to curl up into a ball just in time and protect himself from the vicious ultrasonic waves, which pass by him harmlessly. Unfortunately, Suoni is strongly affected by the move, and floats off aimlessly, muttering about mushrooms growing in Wailmer noses. Jitterz sees a good opportunity unleashes a Thunder Wave right as the Goldeen lifts its tail for a Tail Whip, which hits the Goldeen right in the tail, paralyzing it from the tip of the tail downward. Despite the paralysis, however, the angry Goldeen still manages to complete its Tail Whip, which knocks off the Spider Web and thrusts Joltik backward with incredible force, lowering his defense. Little Jitterz jumps back to his feet, clearly not one to be intimidated, and fires off a Charge Beam at the Goldeen. Brier is floored the attack looks like it was taken straight out of an epic video game, with a giant, glowing beam that engulfs the Goldeen and blasts into the side of the crater opposite the flopping fish, leaving a giant dent in the crater on the other side. Brier cheers at the larger-than-life move that explodes from his tiny Joltik; this epic move has to destroy that Goldeen for sure! Surprisingly enough, while it is indeed super effective, the Goldeen is still flopping away, and though it is clearly damaged, it is far from out. Goldeen's tiny horn transforms into an epic lance as it skewers Jitterz with a mighty Peck; fortunately, even though the attack looks like it would be incredibly painful, Jitterz also seems to have been gifted in this world with a fairly epic defense, and though he squeals in pain, he is far from giving up.

    Joltik is at roughly 4/5ths health, but his defense is lowered. Goldeen is at 3/5ths health, its tail still paralyzed. Suoni is confused and muttering utter nonsense, and likely will not be of help again for a few more turns. Marcus is trying to recall him into his Master Ball, but Suoni keeps dodging the light, screaming something about "EVIL LASER DRAGONS".

    How will Brier and Jitterz respond?



    "Either I'm a godly at train him or somethings up, but I suppect the prior." Brier said stepping back to avoid the web as it fell. As the thunder wave hit Brier felt reafermed with his thoughts. Then the heard the screech Jitterz let out shapped him back to reality. "No!! Are you alright?"

    "Yezz," Jitterz buzzed righting himself.


    "Okay, good, give me two seconds to think.If Jitterz is this strong, I bet he could do that, Brier thought. "Jitterz!! Pull sone boulders down onto it with String Shot and make sure to smash the last one in as hard as you can. Then another Charge Beam for good measure!"

    "EVIL LASER DRAGONS"

    "Uhh, little guy sure is loud, Brier said rubbing his ear.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default I do not love men: I love what devours them.

    ((I apologize for the super long delay for these updates! I appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoy this latest batch! Emp and poketim2, your updates are in my next post because of Serebii's 50000 character limit. Silly length limitations... XP))


    Meetan - Alice calls out encouragingly to her little battler, hoping that he will continue to fight as hard as he possibly can for her. The little Torchic still seems fired up and ready to go, and he demonstrates his will to win with an impressive Double Team. Two copies of the Torchic appear out of nowhere, and the half-blinded Liepard seems quite confused and disoriented by the number of opponents that face her now. She seems to be wondering whether the number of Torchics has to do with her impaired vision or something else entirely. Either way, she decides to Pursue the nearest Torchic. She smirks as she lunges, sure that she will be making a direct hit, but her happiness fades away quickly as she phases right through the Torchic, which disappears the moment she makes impact! The Liepard growls, and though Alice cannot understand Liepard language, she's pretty sure that the creature is doing some pretty creative cursing. Both remaining Torchic show off their Agility raising their speed even higher and making them both more nimble. The Liepard decides to Scratch the poor Torchic, and manages not only to target the real one, but land the hit as well. Torchic is about to finish the round with a brutal Crossfire when the Liepard rushes up to Torchic, attempting to Fake him Out. Though the sight of her suddenly coming up on him does stop Torchic mid-attack, he manages to nimbly side-step the fake-out attack, avoiding the damaging flinching that could have occurred.

    Alice cannot help but feel concerned for Rapid; after all, Houndoom were frightening creatures to Alice, and the numbers of them seemed to be increasing with every round. She calls out to Rapid, asking her if she's all right, and Rapid calls back;

    "Don't worry about me, darlin'! Give that Purrloin's mama what she deserves, then we'll get outta' here! There's gotta' be an end to these things!" Sure enough, the sound of howling does seem to be diminishing. Six more Houndoom have jumped out of the bushes, Growling and Howling, preparing to attack Rapid. Rapid Stomps one of them hard in the ribs, but it seems as if their constant status-lowering cries are beginning to affect her, as this hit is not a OHKO as the first one was. Even so, she remains resilliant.

    Alice is about to turn around and focus on her own battle when she notices a few lights shimmering off in the distance that were not there before... Strange.

    How will Alice respond?


    uhhhhh - Connor tries to throw up, to express his disgust in some fashion other than a mortified look, but nothing seems to come. Despite his horror, he maintains a level head, and recognizes that his top priority is to get the little 'floons out of the maze and to provide them the freedom they so desperately seek. Much as he would rather not be carried off by these hideous monstrosities, he knows that his own sense of direction and knowledge of the environment is not enough to get the Drifloons where they need to be, and though these "Harvesters" do not exactly seem like they will be pleasant people based on the welcoming committee, Connor reasons that the only way to find the exit is to allow the Fleshblim to carry him to their intended destination. Sam, the Drifloons and Gaspard follow as closely as they can, though the Fleshblims certainly seem to do their level best to lose them; twisting through dark, narrow, mirrored corridors with alarming precision and grace, the Drifloons and Gaspard have some difficulty keeping up, but with Gaspard leading the way, the 'floons are not about to let their tendency to wander trip them up now.

    Ascending stairways and floating down pits; through corridors and wide-open spaces; the maze seems endless, and Gaspard and the 'floons seem to be getting tired from all the traveling. Fortunately, the Fleshblim do eventually stop; unfortunately, the strange door which they stop in front of is not inviting in the slightest. The sick smell of burning flesh and rubber (with a slight hint of leather) wafting from the slightly open crack sends Connor into another wave of nausea before the Fleshblim even open the door. The smell completely overpowers Connor as the door opens; though his eyes water from the stench, he is still able to see the strange room in its entirety. The well-styled room appears to have been carefully put together by an interior designer upon first glance. The deep red of the paintings, the deep, plush black of the rugs and the lovely white walls work quite harmoniously together. The black-and-ivory furniture is sleek and modern, from the large black desk to the matching armchairs surrounding it, reeking of good taste... and the smell of flesh. To Connor's horror, everything in this room – from the thoroughly bleached leather flesh of the walls to the hair and fur dyed black on the floor, to the fresh blood used for the paint, is all organic, and all stolen from corpses. Even the ceiling is an intricate weaving of the flesh presumably not smooth enough to utilize for the walls: flesh over the elbows, knuckles, face, that sort of thing. Clearly, the intent was to “artistically” display these pieces, but the effect is less than inspiring on Connor and his friends, who follow close behind the Fleshblim as they carry him into the room.

    Connor is unceremoniously plopped into one of the sleek black armchairs by the three Fleshblim, who each float to a corner of the room. This leaves one corner unmanned... Or was it? When Connor looks in the direction of that corner, Connor sees the Balloon Man he met at the beginning of his adventure, somehow managing to twist a balloon animal from what appears to be Mr. Mime flesh. The Balloon Man, upon noticing Connor, narrows his eyes and points toward the desk, as if indicating to Connor that he is being disrespectful in some way. Odd that such a silent accusation would come to Connor when he was the one nearly choked to death by one of the Balloon Man's balloons... Yet Connor gets the sense, based on the feeling of eyes boring into the back of his head, that he should turn around and face whatever the Balloon Man is pointing at.

    Sitting in the chair, his face full of stitches, a young woman that can only be described as “Frankenstein-like” sits in a beautifully fitted pinstripe suit, a matching hat tilted just so on her head of harlequin hair. She is a patchwork of beautiful women, yet, at as a whole, incredibly terrifying. Even so, an odd aura of grace and charm exudes from this horror, and though Connor knows intuitively that this woman is the worst kind of awful he could possibly imagine, he finds himself strangely attracted, as if by some sort of wicked magic.

    “Oh, my dear friend, how good of you to stop in!” The young woman, for all the stitches in her throat, still manages to have a beautiful laugh. “I hope you like what I've done with the place. Not a mirror in sight! I am sure you are sick of them by now.” The young woman smirks. “I would tell you my name, but that would be irrelevant information, wouldn't it? What you need to know... what you probably already know by now... Is that I am the Harvester of Flesh. I do not deny it! Such is my nature.” The young woman points to the Balloon Man behind her. “The gentleman is the Harvester of Breath. We both welcome you to our humble abode... We do what we can to make things bright around here.”

    The young woman sighs... A rattling, deadly sigh, yet somehow enchanting. “I wish you understood the necessity of our work, my dear. I really and truly wish you did. If we could live without causing harm to others, we would! But alas, if death were not necessary, it would not exist. If suffering were not necessary, we would not suffer. And so it is.”

    Connor can hear the 'floons and Gaspard screaming behind him – Connor instinctively turns his head to look, but with an astonishing speed, the patchwork woman stills his head by gripping him at the base of his jaw. “No. You look at me. You look at me. You look because nothing else is worth looking at! ONLY ME!”

    Suddenly, the “kind” Harvester is not quite so civil as she was before... Her two-tone eyes flare with anger at the thought of Connor's eyes wandering. It is not an easy decision... Should Connor physically attempt to break the hold and get a look at what is going on behind him, or somehow reason his way out of the situation? Given this Harvester's choice of décor and apparent mood swings, having her listen to reason may not be easy...

    What will Connor do?


    MarbleZone – Levin's internal monologue is incredibly harsh toward the Jellicent's living main course, but perhaps with some measure of justification; after all, not only had this man managed to eat himself into oblivion, but he also, through some dreadful mistake or utter lack of perception, got himself caught by whoever provides the “meals” around here. No one wants to live with the blood of another human being on their hands, but why should Wallace Dornez, who solved the Jellicent's riddle and used his own wit and cunning to survive thus far, risk all that for a man who had clearly messed up in some way or another? The whole situation just screamed massive liability. Wallace issues a double-edged apology to the man, insinuating strongly that he was far too overweight to escape... The man narrows his eyes at Wallace's remarks and unwillingness to help, and struggles against the gag to presumably make a retort, but to no avail. Meanwhile, Wallace considered himself better off following the orders of the Jellicent and pouring them their drinks. While he pours the wine, Crixus makes a moral choice of his own, seems intent on helping the man by attempting to untie his bonds. Wallace orders him to stop, but reluctantly admits to himself that perhaps he should do something to help this ill-fated man... Though any obvious attempts at freeing him would most certainly result in death for the two men and the Elekid. After all, Wallace's observations, while perceived by the captive as cruel, are quite true. How fast could a fat man possibly run? The Jellicent would catch and consume him for sure... As for Wallace, despite not having a lot of fat to weigh him down, he didn't want to take any chances, himself. He was going to have to think hard to find a possible solution. He considers including Oceanus as a potential accomplice, but thinks better of it. As far as Wallace was concerned, the only person he could ultimately trust was himself. Even if the butler had been helpful thus far, he had displayed his fair share of fear in the face of the Jellicent, and clearly cared for his own well-being despite having already been killed. No, if he was going to save this man, he and his Pokemon would have to do it themselves.

    Wallace leans in close and explains the new plan to the living main course. Despite the fact that the man still looks irritated by the server's earlier comments, he nods, before going limp, face down on the table... For a split second, Wallace himself believes that the man is dead, but quickly realizes that he is following the instructions that Wallace has given. Wallace then calls out Magnus the Magby, immediately reassuring the mentally unstable pyromaniac that he would be able to cause massive, fiery destruction soon, but was needed currently to simply burn a piece of paper to give the illusion of smoke. At first, the Magby seems disinclined to obey such a silly order, but fortunately decides to be obedient for now. He seems far more thrilled with the order to release a deadly Smog in the room, which could potentially poison the hefty man within the room. Wallace and Crixus prepare their theatrics, with Crixus running out of the room so fast he pretends to nearly trip in his scrambling to escape. Wallace runs with elegance and haste, befitting a man of his position in danger.

    The look on Oceanus' face seems to physically distort his expression so severely it is hard to recognize him as the same person; the mix of surprise and anger is so intense that Wallace would have difficulty meeting the man's gaze.

    "Where are the drinks," he hisses to Wallace in a low tone as soon as he is in range. "Wallace, where are the drinks?"

    Wallace instead goes into his planned delivery of the terrible news regarding the dinner... "The human" was emitting poison gas, and had somehow gone bad. The ghostly butler's eyes narrow even further, trying his best to hold in an inconceivable amount of rage.

    "What, do you think that because I'm a ghost I would buy this bulls**t medical condition nonsense? Unless this human was part Gastly or had recently eaten a Koffing, then there is no way on Earth that he would be emitting poison gas. It just isn't within the realm of possibility. He was alive five minutes ago, Wallace! What the f**k did you do??" Oceanus lifts his hand quickly as if to strike Wallace, but immediately stops himself. The sudden propensity to violence shakes the ghostly butler out of his rage somewhat, and reawakens some bit of humanity. He sighs deeply, taking a long, shuddering breath; before he can speak again, however, Lady Morgane's voice rings out;

    "Where are our drinks? I do say, that champagne is taking forever to pour! Will I have to pour the drinks myself?"

    "One moment, dear lady! Our kitchen is very busy preparing dinner just the way you and your gentleman companions like it-"

    "Is that so? Did a Slakoth train the lot of you to cook? I have half a mind to grab some appetizers to sate myself before the dinner begins... In fact, that friend of yours look delicious..." The grinning female Jellicent floats out of her seat, eyeing Wallace hungrily. She lifts her tentacles as if about to grab him, when suddenly, she recoils in horror and pain as she is Astonished from nowhere by a loud cry directed into her ear!

    The Jellicents' attention are all turned toward a single Exploud, whose fists are clenched with complete, mind-boggling rage. At some distance behind him, the man who was destined to become a main course hops forward, his arm bindings missing, the gag dangling from his hand. His legs are still bound, but the man seems to be working on those ropes. Wallace is confused at the sight, before realizing that Crix's attempts at pulling the ropes may have been just enough to loosen the rope for the man to break free! He wasn't sticking to the plan, to be sure, but his Exploud looks incredibly powerful.

    The man turns to Wallace and Oceanus his gaze pleading. "There isn't much time. We need to find my niece Calandra. I am afraid she might be in danger. Please... please come with me, both of you. Whatever they've promised you, it's a lie! I was promised a chance to sing on stage, and you see where it got me!"

    The Jellicent surround the man, their eyes full of viciousness... Exploud, seeking to defend his master, Screeches so loudly that the Jellicent recoil at the sound. Even Wallace's hearing is impaired by the cry, but as Oceanus speaks, Wallace gets the general idea from lip reading.

    "Well, you must have messed up terribly for them to do this to you. A sour note, perhaps? A bit of backtalk to the Mismagius that runs this place? Ruby's a tyrant, for sure, but most certainly not a liar. He has made it abundantly clear that those who forsake their duties will be punished severely." Oceanus glares angrily at the heavy man. "I want no part of this, and you shouldn't either, Wallace! Now, go get those drinks. The Jellicent will likely expend their energy hunting and killing this fool, so you might recover from your last mistake, dreadful though it was. Don't expect your luck to carry you much farther. Stay on the right path." Oceanus glares slightly, but there is a slight hint of concern in the gaze. Meanwhile, the battle between Exploud and the Jellicent rages on... Though the thoroughly pampered Jellicent seem to be slowed down by their spoiled, effortless lifestyle, they are still capable of some pretty powerful water attacks, and could likely use some help in the battle. Wallace and Crixus could attempt to help, or they could go back and get some drinks for the Jellicent, who will likely have forgotten his transgressions after the battle; in fact, they seem to be regarding Exploud and his trainer's attempts at defeating them as a twisted sort of "fun". He can hear some of them murmuring about how this is the most fun dinner they've had in awhile, with the added bonus of Exploud meat (a definite rarity).

    What will Wallace and Crixus do?


    Balmund - Much as Balmund loathed to admit it, what the ex-gangster had said about the balance of the world was more than likely true. Even if they somehow managed to ward off the Dusknoir long enough to make huge changes to this timeline, these changes would be compensated for somewhere else down the line. William nods with deep appreciation of Balmund's eventual agreement to the plan and his vow to keep William's daughter safe, his eyes focused on the father and child duo that were the target of their plan. With the two timelines meeting like this, there was bound to be a change in both; Balmund hopes to himself that whatever changes result will be positive, and yet the idea of balance continues to haunt him.

    As William dismounts and gives his final goodbye to Balmund, the trainer from Blackthorn lets William know that he is a good man; probably better than he gives himself credit for. "Sh*t, man, it ain't like that. I'm just a father. That's all I am." William nods to Balmund, a small smirk on his face. "Give my regards to Kaida and her dad," he says in a tone which oddly balances between sarcastic and heavy, before turning around and walking towards the Ghost Train lobby. Though Balmund knows that his friend is walking towards certain death, there is little time to grieve; he would have to put on a smile and entertain once again, beginning with an enthusiastic order to Kurthnaga for a show-stopping Roar. The Aerodactyl wastes no time showing off his powerful roar; in some, the roar awakens an ancient, primordial fear... Trainers step back, and children run screaming. Of course, Kaida was not one to be intimidated, and waddles up to the Aerodactyl with wonder and excitement. Young William follows close behind, eyeing Kurthnaga and his owner warily.

    "Daddy! Daddy! It's a real dinosaur, like in the books!" Kaida pauses, her wonderment overtaking her momentarily, before she exclaims; "FUGGIN' SWEEEET"

    "Kaida!" William seems embarrassed at her daughter's outburst, but the excited Kaida seems uneffected by her father's attempts at quieting her. She unhooks the single Pokeball on her belt, asking, "Daddy, Daddy, can Dino and I ride him? Dino loves dinosaurs!!"

    "I know Dino does, sweetie, but we don't know if this man'll let us ride his Aerodactyl..." Young William scoffs. "Besides, we have no idea if that guy even has real control of that thing, for all his bravado..."

    "Dino'll bite him if he acts bad!" Kaida giggles. "Pleeeeeease, Daddy?"

    Though William tries to appear the mature adult, he seems to share, in the glint of his eyes, the same excitement that Kaida does. "We can go ask him about it, but Daddy's not making any promises, okay? I don't want you getting hur-"

    "YAAAY!" Kaida runs up to Kurth at full speed, about to hug the Aerodactyl's leg when William gently but firmly holds her back.

    "Hey, man..." Young William looks up at Balmund, trying to maintain an intimidating stance despite not being atop a vicious prehistoric Pokemon. "Y'think my little girl and I can take a ride on that thing? Is it tame?" Kaida looks up pleadingly at Kurth, as if he would be the one to answer the question. She gives him the biggest, saddest eyes she can muster, complete with a pouting lower lip.

    How will Balmund respond?


    Dark Searchman – Hyrem orders his three allies to act as one, attacking the wall simultaneously with a vicious Waterfall attack. The trio quickly sync up, blasting the wall with their high-powered water attacks simultaneously. Unlike the Bubble attack, which irritated the eyes, these more heavily-powered water moves seem to actually bruise the eyes, rendering them useless. You are unable to count the exact number of eyes that the attack takes out, but it seems like at least 40, especially with all three combatants giving it all they've got. Hyrem then watches the eyes Lock On to the female Frillish; not one to appreciate the spotlight, the female Frillish shudders at the thought of all eyes being on her, but remains undeterred. Meanwhile, the Harvester herself Detects an attack that will be coming from Delilah, and the gaze of the eyes stop her dead in her tracks before she can initiate the next move. Fortunately, the two Frillish are still able to level a nasty Surf towards the eyes, which also has sufficient power to bruise and render them ineffective. These eyes fall like marbles from the costume, while undamaged eyes from the wall fly in to replace them. The Harvester, while receiving new eyes, appears to be somewhat vulnerable as this process occurs; Hyrem uses the moment to try and figure out where Tuner and TA may be located based on the laughter that he seems to be hearing, yet he realizes quickly that locating them from the laughter will be impossible, as the sound seems to be originating from within Hyrem's own mind; position does not affect how loud or how soft the laughter is. Disheartened, but concerned about why the laughter would be inside his head, Hyrem finds his focus interrupted by an incredible pain from his eye sockets, which sends him reeling. His vision is now blurred to the point of almost-complete nearsightedness, and the battle is now far more difficult to see. That said, Hyrem cannot miss the eyes from the wall blasting the female Frillish dead-on with Zap Cannon; she cries out in horrific pain as the electricity courses through her body, damaging and paralyzing her. The Harvester herself recovers quickly from her moment of weakness, firing a massive Aurora Beam at Delilah... though the attack would not normally be terribly effective, the Harvester's many eyes seem to have found Delilah's weak spot, and the poor Chinchou is hit right in the left antenna, which flickers from the hit like a blinking car light. Hyrem gets the feeling that any electric-based attacks that Delilah attempts from here on out may be less powerful than before.

    The aura in the room is heavy... The premonition of an attack that Hyrem and his comrades felt before is especially strong now. If the female Frillish is to survive the next round, she will likely need help.

    Costume: 1/20 eyes paralyzed, 11/20 eyes irritated
    Wall: 118 eyes remain

    What will Hyrem do?


    gmoyes - If what Mew was saying is true, then the real world would be just another game to whatever escaped from this virtual prison... and just like the Red Version in which Alex was currently trapped, the Hacker would more and likely bend the rules to his own benefit. If the laws of nature are tampered with, disastrous consequences could result, and Alex had to do his best to prevent such an event from occurring.

    At first, Alex is unsure about Red's suggestion to try to tap into the game and see what the attacks do, and yet he had to admit he must have some connection with the mechanics if he was able to concentrate and speak in textboxes. Perhaps whatever method he used to perform that task could be further improved to understand the mechanics of the glitch. Alex decides to stare at the menu screen for awhile, concentrating as he did when he attempted to speak through textboxes. As naturally as breathing, the menu screen begins to "speak" to Alex, gradually revealing secrets within the code to the pseudo-Porygon as he goes deeper and deeper into his focus. He is able to visualize the random number generator which is called upon to produce attacks for "glitch", and as Alex focuses in on that generator, visualizing it as if it were a giant wheel of numbers, some of the options begin to reveal themselves within the virtual being's mind:

    -A roll of 1 causes you to perform SELFDESTRUCT and faint instantly. Probably not the best number to shoot for.
    -A roll from 2-16 will cause your opponent to fire off a powerful attack of a random type. You sense that each number in this bracket corresponds to a certain elemental type, but cannot discern which number corresponds to which attack. Again, probably not the best numbers to shoot for.

    Before Alex can find out more, a textbox pops up announcing that the enemy Mew used GLITCH. The world around the combatants shakes and distorts violently as Mew channels its power to attack Alex; the number 42 appears in his mind briefly before he feels a distinct change within himself. He finds himself craving sunlight, and feeling decidedly... green. It does not take long for him to realize that Mew's roll has changed his type to grass. This must be what a roll of 42 does in the context of glitch. With that knowledge, perhaps he could have more control of the outcome of the battle... He senses that if he knows what a number does, he can call upon it in battle to help him out. Spending a round concentrating may help expand his knowledge, but will leave him open to attack. Any number called upon by the glitch RNG will be known by him after the move is used. Knowing these things, he has a few options. He may either spend a round to concentrate, select GLITCH and hope that he rolls a good number, or beat the system by concentrating hard upon a number he already knows.

    As Alex processes the mechanics of the battle, a text box pops up from Red. "Are you okay?" The trainer seems concerned, and despite the expressionless sprite and text, Alex can sense the emotion coming from Red. "What happened when Mew used that move? Do you know what's going on?"

    What will Alex do?


    Shadowshocker - Shadow takes a moment to internally analyze the information Merle has provided. While Merle's death seems like a case of sheer misfortune resulting from a rather easily explainable act of nature, the circumstances surrounding the death of Joy are far more mysterious and strange. Shadow considers the likelihood that these events occurred after the tragic events of the Ghost Train, which may draw a potential link between the hauntings of the park and the strange behavior of the Mandibuzz that murdered one of their own. Not only was the death itself provoking a number of questions in Shadow's mind, but also the sheer uncertainty that Joy's spirit would even be waiting for them if he and his companions went to search for her. Would she have remained trapped in the parking complex, or did she wander, as her trainer's spirit did? Even if she was in the parking garage, would she even want to see her trainer again, as Merle so desperately wanted to see her? Then again, given how loving Merle was toward her precious Joy, it was doubtful that Joy would be anything but happy to see her trainer once again.

    Shadow decides to ask a few more questions, just to make sure he has all the information necessary to begin this expedition. He asks about any previous attempts to locate Joy, and what information has been obtained from these attempts. Merle sighs, choking back a few tears. "All I know was that we were on the third floor, near the exit into the hotel. I remember because I ran into the hotel looking for help for my poor Joy, but nobody was there... and she had... she had already passed, so quickly, it would have been no use... I tried getting back to that exit and retracing my steps, but for some reason, I am having difficulty finding it."

    "I can lead you there," Pyrrhos offers. "We're on the right floor, so it should not take long to get there." Shadow then mentions his concern about Merle's current state, if she was to follow them. After a long moment of silence, Pyrrhos makes a motion for Shadow to discreetly keep his eyes on him and away from Merle, and with as soft and gentle a voice as he can muster, addresses Merle. "Dear, would you mind standing up straight and stretching out your arms? I would like to take a look at you."

    Merle groans with some measure of resistance, but apparently gives into Pyrrhos' request, as Shadow can see the face of the Chandelure grow pale with disgust. The Chandelure narrows his eyes with intense focus, his purple flames flaring white. He carefully floats toward Merle, holding out his candle appendages in front of her. "Come to the flame and be purified," he chants, before the white flame jumps from his candles to Merle, consuming her in light and heat. She screams for a moment, and for a split second, Shadow worries that the Chandelure has somehow murdered or consumed the poor soul that had previously begged the scientist for help; however, the flame soon fades, and Merle's spirit looks decidedly less disfigured. In fact, with her face restored to its former beauty, Shadow cannot help but admit that the ghostly lady is actually quite attractive when her guts aren't spilling all over the floor. Though tears still stream for her eyes, she manages a smile for Pyrrhos' act of kindness.

    "Somehow I feel... lighter," she says. "Thank you."

    Pyrrhos shrugs, floating down the corridor. "Come along then, you two. We have a Vullaby to find." Motioning for Shadow and Merle to follow, the Chandelure floats through corridors, leading the pair through twists and turns, before finally coming to a dead end. The ghostly fire type stares at the rather ordinary-looking hotel wall for a few long moments, before turning to Merle and Shadow, a look of obvious concern on his face.

    "Well, this is where the exit should be. In all my years of living in this hotel, the exit to the parking garage has always been here. Why... Hm." The Chandelure holds his flame up to the wall, searching for anything out of the ordinary. He taps the candle against the wall, which appears to be solid. "Either a very good illusion, or the most silent construction that has ever happened here. We could try breaking through it, or we can look for another way into the garage. That said, if we do try to break through this wall, I want it to be controlled... I don't need this entire hotel collapsing because of some silly wall that should not even be here in the first place!" The Chandelure on the other side grimaces. "My one fear is that if we come breaking through, whatever is on the other side will know that we are coming... Clearly, there is a reason this wall has been erected, but why...?"

    How will Shadow and his operatives respond?


    Itzatrap - After some thought, Rob realizes that the images on the wall are actually rebus puzzles, hinting at the names of three distinct Pokemon through the use of images and simple mathematical signs. Rob reasons through each puzzle, fitting the pieces together in his mind, as Melantha and the hologram Panpour look on supportively. Finally, Rob declares the three Pokemon he believes are the answers to the riddles; Farfetch'd, Dewgong and Yamask. Rob, Melantha and Panpour set off separately to locate the the appropriate buttons. Rob, who heads in the direction of the Generation I Pokemon, searches the wall and eventually finds Farfetch'd, pressing the button beneath. It is not long before Rob is then able to locate Dewgong, whose image is close to Farfetch'd. Soon after Rob presses these two buttons, Absol scampers up to him, indicating with a tilt of her head that the Yamask button has been pressed. Panpour stares at the ceiling, as if anticipating something. Sure enough, after all three buttons are pressed, the sign containing the rebus puzzles falls loose, floating to the ground uselessly. Unlike the previous puzzle, however, there does not appear to be any doors opening. Perhaps the trio picked the wrong Pokemon... However, on closer inspection of where the sign used to be, Rob and Melantha can see that words have been etched on the ceiling:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Writing on the Wall
    SAGESTORM
    AREDVIRGO
    CHOLERAMEN
    ETERNALCUT
    Either Rob and Melantha's captors have a very odd sense of poetry, or these lines may hold the key to opening the door. Panpour scampers up to Rob, eager to see him reason through the puzzle. For a hologram, this little one sure seems to show some pretty convincing emotions. What kind of being could have constructed such a convincing piece of technology..?

    What will Rob and Melantha do?


    Monster Guy (mon1010) - Scott pumps a fist in the air to celebrate such an encouraging round, but only does so briefly in order to ensure that he keeps a steady hold on the Gulpin he is protecting. Though the little green stomach with eyes seems to share in Scott's enthusiasm, the trainer is keenly aware that if he does not continue to maintain the advantage, there could be serious consequences for himself, the mysterious female trainer, and their Pokemon.

    The young woman orders Melanie to use her Ember on the Arcanine plush; normally, such an attack would not be very effective on an Arcanine, but it becomes clear that this imposter is not so thrilled with fire, the spirit within shrieking horrifically as the plushie catches flame. Abandoning its plush disguise in order to avoid further injury, the purple hand pulls the rest of the body out, revealing the identity of the Arcanine plush as a Haunter, further validating Scott's observations. Meanwhile, Shaana tries to achieve another super effective hit with Pursuit, but the clever Banette dodges out of the way just in time, sneaking into the shadows for an attempt at Shadow Sneak... Fortunately, Melanie is aware of the Banette's presence, and gently knocks Shaana out of the way of the attack before it hits! Unfortunately, this leaves Melanie open to the Haunter's nasty Lick, which, while disgusting, thankfully does not manage to paralyze the young hellhound.

    Melanie once again performs an Ember attack, this time on the Banette, in order to utilize what remained of the creature's costume to her advantage. Indeed, the costume catches fire immediately, in addition to the Banette's cloth body, which causes the Banette great distress and pain, as it attempts to remove the burning bits of cotton and felt from itself. Shaana does not meet with the same success as Melanie, as her Psybeam is dodged easily by the Haunter, who is no longer weighted down by his disguise. Turning to the troublesome Houndour, Haunter finally achieves a successful Hypnosis on Melanie, who falls asleep almost immediately. Poor Shaana also finds herself suffering a super-effective Faint Attack performed by the burning Banette, which nearly knocks the poor creature down. Even so, Shaana is far from giving up. Melanie's trainer screams and shouts in attempt to wake up her sleeping Pokemon, to no avail. "Dammit, why are you such a heavy sleeper," she whines, stamping her foot in frustration. While Melanie snores away, Shaana gets revenge for Melanie and her trainer by hitting Haunter dead on with a super effective Psybeam, which causes the spectral poison type to reel backwards with pain, the light and power of the beam overtaking its body. The Banette, realizing that the pair is in trouble, decides on a last-ditch effort in hopes of allowing Haunter to win the battle for it... The creature whips out a needle and stabs it into its plush flesh, laying a terrible Curse on Melanie before collapsing to the ground, sacrificing the rest of its health to perform the terrible attack. Haunter, upon seeing its comrade fall, viciously slams Shaana with a Shadow Punch, its concentrated anger and super effective attributes doing a number on the poor Munna.

    The Banette has fortunately been defeated, but its collapse is not all good news; the Curse that it has laid on Melanie is already eating away at her health as she sleeps, causing her to cringe and moan through her snores. Even so, she is currently the healthiest combatant on the field. Haunter looks to be in terrible shape, but unfortunately, the two super effective attacks that Shaana took this round, in addition to the wear and tear of previous rounds seems to have been enough to bring her to half her original health. With one round to go before Haunter closes in, it's now or never for Shaana and Melanie. Their trainers will have to play it smart this upcoming round.

    What will Scott and Shaana do?


    takkupanda - Marcelo is somewhat skeptical of the current situation, and rightfully so, given the information provided to him by the Pokedex. Did Wurmple really store those berries? Berries were a staple food for nearly all Pokemon, but the Pokedex did not expressly indicate that Wurmples ate berries, instead suggesting that they lived mostly off of tree sap. Even if the little caterpillar-like Pokemon did eat berries, what assurance did Marcelo have that Wurmple was alone in that nest? Everything about this situation screamed "trap", but before Marcelo could go searching for any potential Pokemon lying in wait to maul him, he had to address the fact that the little Wurmple wanted a battle. Marcelo was reluctant to give him one, given that Broly's level and type advantage would likely result in a horrible and painful loss to the Wurmple... Yet poison sting, despite its small amount of direct damage, could be very harmful to Broly if he were to get poisoned. The trainer decides to order Broly to issue a warning Roar first. The puppy Pokemon manages a surprisingly mighty and intimidating roar given his size, which causes the Wurmple's eyes to immediately bug out in fear. Seeming to be hit with the realization of what exactly it was getting itself into, the Wurmple scurries as fast as it can into the den, scurrying deep within the pile of berries, hiding beneath them. A tiny mechanism is triggered upon the Wurmple's entry into the den, and dirt falls from above the den until it completely conceals the entrance, sealing the Wurmple inside. It seems as if the dirt was intentionally piled up by little, circular hands to close in after those that enter, likely to dissuade potential predators... Seems as if this Wurmple is surprisingly intelligent. An aspiring engineer of sorts, even. That said, Marcelo doubts the Wurmple was able to do all of this alone. Perhaps it had a friend to help it...?

    Wurmple has fled the battle, but now the berries are trapped within the burrow where Wurmple resides. There do not appear to be any berries in the immediate vicinity, other than those buried with the Wurmple. Marcelo and Broly could try to remove the dirt somehow and go after the berries in the den, or continue searching for a tree that bears what they seek.

    How will Marcelo and Broly react?


    kaisap112/tau - Noriko identifies the Murkrow from before that had stolen Nook's treasure, resting on the shoulder of a floating coat. The young woman turns to Quinn, asking if he happens to be seeing the same strange apparation that she is... Only to receive no response. Perhaps the young man was stunned to silence by such an odd event, or simply did not want to give away his location. Meanwhile, Banzai's violent reaction to the spectre comforts Noriko somewhat; at least she wasn't the only one to find this whole situation incredibly creepy! Even worse, the loud, eerie laugh that emanates from the coat causes Noriko to jump. The talking coat affectionately converses with its Murkrow, which is apparently named Charity, about the potential usefulness of Nook the Zigzagoon. Noriko wonders why the strange being would consider a hyperactive raccoon-like creature with a short attention span particularly interesting or special, but either way, she had to do something before this ghost pirate convinced Nook to follow him. It is surprising that Quinn does not step in to defend his Pokemon, or assert his rights as trainer. In fact, he says nothing at all, continuing to remain still and silent. Formulating a plan, perhaps...? Noriko cannot help but feel a bit flustered. They needed to act now!

    Mustering up her courage, Noriko intervenes, telling the spirit to leave Nook alone and to respect the fact that the little Zigzagoon already has a trainer. Noriko tries to call Nook over and turns to Quinn, wondering why he still was not doing anything to stop this madness, even after Noriko had clearly revealed their position and demanded Nook's safe return. Who could daydream at a time like this? Looking over at Quinn, he did appear as if he were dazed... Perhaps he had begun to feel ill. Noriko tries to get a good look at her friend, but the sound of the pirate ghost laughing distracts her. She turns toward the disembodied coat, only to see it flying towards Quinn at top speed, tackling him face-first into the ground. Noriko rushes over to her friend instinctively in an attempt to help him up, trying desperately to rip the coat off of him. Banzai and Nook rush over as well, attempting to aid Noriko in her attempts to save Quinn from whatever this coat was trying to do to him... Before Noriko or Quinn's Pokemon can make any significant progress, however, Quinn begins pushing them away, as he rolls over to reveal that his face has been completely obscured by a strange golden mask. Quinn begins to stand, and it is obvious now to Noriko that the once-disembodied coat, hat and boots now fits perfectly on her dear friend. Even his stance seems to have changed to a more bent, weathered pose. The golden mask, which bears the face of a salty-looking middle-aged man with a formidable beard, has an unsettling glare that chills Noriko to the core. From behind the mask, Quinn finally speaks... but with the same accent that the ghost had been using before.

    "Ay, lass. I would be the ickle rascal's trainer, now, wouldn't I? Wouldn't want to keep the lady waitin' for her adventure, now, would I? Didn't y'say we best be off?" The confused Nook sniffs his now-possessed trainer as Charity the Murkrow takes a place on his shoulder. The Masked Quinn now makes confident strides toward the Ghost Ship attraction, Banzai clawing and scratching at the coat in hopes that it will somehow release its grip on Quinn, to no avail. In fact, the poor scratchcat is dragged along by his claws as he clings to the coattails of his possessed trainer, trying to claw his back paws into the ground in order to keep Quinn from walking any farther. The sight would be humorous if the situation were not so dire. Nook, on the other hand, seems trusting enough, walking alongside his now-possessed trainer, eager to begin an adventure. Quinn notices Banzai's attempts at slowing him down, and immediately recalls the poor Pokemon, who turns to Noriko with pleading eyes before he is sucked back into his Pokeball.

    What will Noriko do?
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 10th January 2013 at 7:47 AM.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default I do not love men: I love what devours them. (Part II)

    emp - ((Welcome to my group, Emp! I hope you enjoy your time at PI... Your descriptions of your Eevee pups are so cute that I can barely stand it.))

    Wes arrives on the shoreline of the Haunted Theme Park, dripping wet and smelling of the ocean as he dismounts his faithful Wailmer, Shamu. With him is an equally drenched cardboard box, a few holes cut into the top of the lid in order to let the precious cargo within breathe more easily. The young trainer had not anticipated such a sudden and abrupt change in the tides upon approaching the island, especially when so close to shore, but at least he and his Pokemon managed to wash ashore safe and sound. Looking out at the dark ocean, it seems as if the water is tumultuous only directly surrounding the island... The sea looks lighter and calmer the farther away it is from his current location. Certainly odd, and perhaps not natural, but probably not something to dwell too extensively on. After rewarding his blubbery whale-like friend with a delicious snack and recalling him to his Pokeball, Wes is able to really take in the sights and sounds of the Theme Park, expecting bright lights, the distant sight of a roller coaster inching up the steep incline of lofty tracks or plummeting with screaming passangers, and the faint sounds of music, rides and laughter. Instead, he is met with an eerie silence, and though he can barely make out the sight of roller coaster tracks and the silouhettes of signs in the distance, there is no movement on the tracks, or lights illuminating the park, despite the dark and dreary mist that has consumed the island. The trainer senses that something is decidedly off about the whole situation... He attributes the absence of other trainers and Pokemon to coming in the off-season, but even then, the pervasiveness of the silence and utter desolation which surrounds him implies a much more sinister reason for the missing people. Even so, Wes intends on bringing out some lively companions of his own, in the form of seven Eevee pups, each with their own distinct personalities. The energetic pups stand in stark contrast to their rather dead environment, and Wes finds himself having to constantly guide them to order, preventing any stray pups from piddling on flowerbeds, eating strange berries and wandering off towards whatever looked interesting (which was practically everything to a young Eevee pup). Finding it easier to carry the bundle of fluffy Pokemon as opposed to herding them like a group of Mareep, Wes gathers the Eevee up in his arms, making his way to his intended destination: The Big Wheel.

    Certainly, if Wes is looking to pawn off his pups to some responsible young trainers looking for a friend, there was no better place to look than the marvelous observation wheel near the center of the park. Known as the Big Wheel, it certainly lived up to its name; the highest point of the wheel reached far into the fog, where Wes imagined that the view was incredibly impressive on a clearer day. The architecture of the Big Wheel seems reminiscent of an earlier time, with ornate paintings of Pokemon on each gondola in a style typical of amusement parks in the early 1900s. Even the gondolas, with their intricate carvings and meticulous metal work, seem to have been crafted long before the park was opened. In fact, Wes' eye is caught by a small plaque at the base of the Big Wheel, which explains that the ride was transported to Phantom Isle all the way from Whale Island's Shell Harbor, where it used to serve as an attraction for shopgoers in days gone by. The park purchased the Big Wheel, which had fallen into disrepair after various poor attempts at maintaining the ride, and apparently rennovated it for the park, adding more gondolas and restoring the paint to how it originally looked in photographs of its early days... Given its current delapidated state, Wes couldn't help but wonder how terribly broken-down it must have been before the Theme Park got its hands on the attraction. The signs around the Big Wheel advertise fun for all ages, and encourages trainers to make new friends by sharing the expansive gondola with unfamiliar faces. Unfortunately for Wes, there seem to be no faces, familiar or otherwise, with which to share the ride. With no one around, and with the pups acting particularly boisterous today, perhaps it would be all right to let each Eevee have its own gondola to run around in. The trainer admits to himself that he probably will not be winning the Trainer of the Year Award for separating his Eevees like this, but with no one around, what were the chances of anything going wrong? Besides, the Eevees certainly do not mind the idea of riding the Big Wheel by themselves, and are more than willing to show off their courage and daring, despite their immaturity.

    Wes lines up his pups, and they each hop excitedly into a gondola of their own, though some need Wes' help in order to be lifted their respective gondola and clear the extraordinary height. Though a sign near the ride advises that small children and Pokemon should not go on the ride unaccompanied, the Eevee seem eager to go on the ride, and with the gondola so well-encased with strong, plastic windows that could not be opened, it was difficult to imagine something bad happening. As Wes finally jumps into his own gondola with Peeta, the runt of the litter, the thought briefly crosses his mind that with no one around, there was a good chance that he would have to wait around for awhile for the ride to even start. As Wes sets Peeta in his lap and waits patiently, scratching the little pup behind the ears, the sound of carnival music slowly groaning to life breaks the silence and immediately causes Peeta's ears to perk up, his deep brown eyes focusing intently in the direction of the noise. The gondola begins to slowly push forward, gaining momentum slowly as the ride begins, despite no apparent operator around to start the ride. As the ride slowly begins, Wes gets the funny feeling that he is not alone... Turning to his left, a strange looking Pokemon that appears to be a skeletal mass suspended in a cage of green goo turns to him with an odd little smile. Wes has no idea how this Pokemon could have gotten into the gondola unnoticed, and yet there it was, sitting calmly beside him. A telepathic message echoes in the trainer's head, as the Reuniclus greets him with a soft, masculine voice, which seems rather charming to Wes' ears despite the odd way in which he hears it;

    Funny thing about the Big Wheel... A lot like life, isn't it? Full of ups and downs, and yet... it starts to all become so familiar. One big circle. Mechanical deja vu. The Reuniclus stares out the window, looking thoughtful. Makes one oddly nostalgic, doesn't it? Makes one think of the past...

    The Reuniclus turns to Wes, a large grin on his face. Tell me... If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? Somehow, Wes can sense a deep, ominous gravity to the question being asked.

    How will Wes respond?


    poketim2 - ((I will let it go this time since you've been gone awhile, but in the future, please use size 1 font when responding to updates. Also, while you technically made length requirement, you did it with dialog... It might be good to add more description in the future, just so that I have a better idea of what you are doing. It helps me to write better when I have more in the way of description from you.))

    Though Brier would like to think that his training regimen is the reason that Jitterz has become so powerful, he suspects it has more to do with some kind of strange influence from their current environment. Brier tries to come up with a plan to take advantage of his Joltik's newfound strength, and decides to creatively use his Pokemon's String Shot in order to drag boulders down onto the Goldeen's head. Jitterz agrees to this plan, and fires a single string towards the heaviest-looking boulder he can find, pulling it toward the crater in which he is battling the Goldeen. Surprisingly, the tiny Joltik is able to pull the incredibly large and heavy boulder; in some ways, the sight is rather amusing, given how impossible such an event would normally be. With its tail still paralyzed, the Goldeen's mobility is not as great, and the rock comes crashing down on the giant Goldeen's body, causing it to roar out in pain. Unfortunately, some of the shrapnel from the boulder hitting the ground manages to hit the confused Suoni as well, who is too dazed to even think of dodging out of the way. On the positive side, the rock debris is enough to smack the Jirachi out of its confusion, and the Jirachi offers a Helping Hand to Jitterz, using its psychic powers to further amplify Jitterz' power. The angry Goldeen tries using a Supersonic attack to confuse Jitterz, but fortunately the Joltik covers its little ears just in time to avoid being confused, though the loud noise hurts Brier's ears. It was time for Joltik to use another String Shot to drop a boulder on Goldeen, but this time, it needed to be extra hard. Though the Goldeen tries to roll out of the way, it is still hit in one of its side fins, which shows significant tear and damage after Jitterz viciously smashes the boulder onto Goldeen. Suoni tries to add insult to injury with a Psychic attack, but even though its psychic powers make content, the Jirachi is not strong enough to lift the Goldeen or really manipuate it in any way, rendering the attack useless. Goldeen, sick of Suoni's meddling, nearly gores the poor thing with a vicious Horn Attack, but Suoni dodges out of the way just in time before meeting a rather terrible fate.

    For a change of pace, Brier orders Jitterz to use a Charge Beam in order to do some super effective damage on the Goldeen. The gigantic beam of electric energy hits Goldeen dead-on, filling its body with deadly electricity and doing a heavy amount of damage to the fishlike creature. Jirachi makes a Wish to remove the damage it took from the rock debris, holding its hands in prayer as if beseeching the stars for their healing light, despite it being broad daylight outside. The Goldeen turns toward Jirachi and unleashes a Peck attack with its giant horn, hitting the poor creature head on and taking it from near full health to near fainting in one hit. Marcus cries out for his Pokemon as Jirachi smashes into the wall at the force of the horn, cringing in pain, barely hanging on to consciousness. Even if the wish Jirachi made comes true, it would likely not be able to take another hit. "Marc, MARCUS," the trainer cries out in anguish.

    The Goldeen is hurting badly, likely at roughly 1/5th health. It may not last through another round. Jitterz stands strong at 4/5ths health. Suoni is very badly hurt, with only a sliver of health remaining.

    How will Brier and Jitterz respond?
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 12th January 2013 at 11:44 PM.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Balmund - Much as Balmund loathed to admit it, what the ex-gangster had said about the balance of the world was more than likely true. Even if they somehow managed to ward off the Dusknoir long enough to make huge changes to this timeline, these changes would be compensated for somewhere else down the line. William nods with deep appreciation of Balmund's eventual agreement to the plan and his vow to keep William's daughter safe, his eyes focused on the father and child duo that were the target of their plan. With the two timelines meeting like this, there was bound to be a change in both; Balmund hopes to himself that whatever changes result will be positive, and yet the idea of balance continues to haunt him.

    As William dismounts and gives his final goodbye to Balmund, the trainer from Blackthorn lets William know that he is a good man; probably better than he gives himself credit for. "Sh*t, man, it ain't like that. I'm just a father. That's all I am." William nods to Balmund, a small smirk on his face. "Give my regards to Kaida and her dad," he says in a tone which oddly balances between sarcastic and heavy, before turning around and walking towards the Ghost Train lobby. Though Balmund knows that his friend is walking towards certain death, there is little time to grieve; he would have to put on a smile and entertain once again, beginning with an enthusiastic order to Kurthnaga for a show-stopping Roar. The Aerodactyl wastes no time showing off his powerful roar; in some, the roar awakens an ancient, primordial fear... Trainers step back, and children run screaming. Of course, Kaida was not one to be intimidated, and waddles up to the Aerodactyl with wonder and excitement. Young William follows close behind, eyeing Kurthnaga and his owner warily.

    "Daddy! Daddy! It's a real dinosaur, like in the books!" Kaida pauses, her wonderment overtaking her momentarily, before she exclaims; "FUGGIN' SWEEEET"

    "Kaida!" William seems embarrassed at her daughter's outburst, but the excited Kaida seems uneffected by her father's attempts at quieting her. She unhooks the single Pokeball on her belt, asking, "Daddy, Daddy, can Dino and I ride him? Dino loves dinosaurs!!"

    "I know Dino does, sweetie, but we don't know if this man'll let us ride his Aerodactyl..." Young William scoffs. "Besides, we have no idea if that guy even has real control of that thing, for all his bravado..."

    "Dino'll bite him if he acts bad!" Kaida giggles. "Pleeeeeease, Daddy?"

    Though William tries to appear the mature adult, he seems to share, in the glint of his eyes, the same excitement that Kaida does. "We can go ask him about it, but Daddy's not making any promises, okay? I don't want you getting hur-"

    "YAAAY!" Kaida runs up to Kurth at full speed, about to hug the Aerodactyl's leg when William gently but firmly holds her back.

    "Hey, man..." Young William looks up at Balmund, trying to maintain an intimidating stance despite not being atop a vicious prehistoric Pokemon. "Y'think my little girl and I can take a ride on that thing? Is it tame?" Kaida looks up pleadingly at Kurth, as if he would be the one to answer the question. She gives him the biggest, saddest eyes she can muster, complete with a pouting lower lip.

    How will Balmund respond?
    As William heads off into the Ghost Train to what was certainly a death sentence, Balmund put on his game face as he determined himself to keep his promise to the very end. Still, deep down he hoped William could make it out alive nonetheless. May Averil watch over him good; she was a truly strong one without a shadow of a doubt.

    Kurth roars mightily, doing an excellent job at attracting attention, even making several trainers back off a bit while small children instead ran around crying in terror; a scene which greatly pleased the ancient Aerodactyl - he loved being feared. Of course, Kaida did not seem scared at all as expected, instead waddling up to the prehistoric Pokémon in amazement while young William followed behind, understandably wary of whatever might happen. She practically begs William to let her ride Kurth, and though he tries to act like the mature one of them both, he seemed to share, in the glint of his eyes, the same excitement. This was perfect. Balmund had initially hoped they would at least want to just be allowed to pet or hug Kurth, and then work from there, but their immediate interest in riding would it much easier for him.

    Trying to look as intimidating as possible, he asks Balmund if he and his daughter could possibly ride Kurth, and most importantly, if the prehistoric Pokémon is tame and safe to ride on, all the while Kaida herself looked at Kurth with the saddest puppy eyes she could possibly muster, appealing to the monster's sense of charity.

    Balmund gets off of his Pokémon, ever smiling wide. "I'd say you definitely can." He answered young William. "Is he tame though? I don't know. You are you a tame, good boy, right, Kurth?" He asked his Pokémon in a bit of a sarcastic tone, to which he growled in protest, moving his head in to Bite him for his insolence, though made deliberately too slow, too obvious, and too half-hearted, allowing Balmund to simply push his snout away with his hand in laughter. "Allow me to introduce myself." He turned again to the father and daughter pair. "My name is Duke, Dragon Tamer Duke, from Blackthorn City, and I can tell you two looove dragons too." He lowered down to Kaida's level. "So just this once, I can let you, Dino, and your badass Dad, soar the skies like no one else in this park has ever done before atop a big, mean Aerodactyl. And I'll follow close by, side by side, on my awesome Sally-mence. Would you like that?" He turned his gaze back to William. "Would you?"
    Last edited by Balmund; 10th January 2013 at 8:51 PM.

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default You are permanent, but this life is not.

    Balmund - Kurth's mighty roar works better than even Balmund himself had anticipated; not only were both Kaida and William attracted by the fierce looking Aerodactyl, but Kaida was already begging her father to take a ride. William, in his attempts to play the adult, asks Balmund whether or not Kurth would be safe for him and his daughter to ride. Dismounting his Pokemon with the smoothness and grace of an experienced dragon tamer, Balmund smiles wide at the young William and his child, stating with pride and confidence that they most certainly can. After all, Kurth was a tame, good boy, wasn't he? The Aerodactyl, irritated by the docile character assessment, plays at trying to bite his trainer, but in such a way that Kurth is easily brushed aside by the laughing Balmund, who pushes Kurth's nose as if he were a giant puppy. To most parents, such a display would be a little disconcerting, even in jest... However, the look William gives is one of recognition, of a familiar sort of interaction that he likely performed every day with his own Haxorus. To the experienced trainer, William can sense the incredibly strong bond between Balmund and Kurth, such that the two could essentially joke around without either getting hurt. This seems to be enough reassurance for the protective father. Balmund then introduces himself as Dragon Tamer Duke from Blackthorn City, and William, try his he might, looks visibly impressed.

    "From Blackthorn, huh... You have that look, I s'pose," He calmly comments. Despite the grit in his voice, Balmund can sense the statement is meant as a compliment. When Balmund addresses Kaida and tells her that he loooooves dragons too, she gives him a little pssssh and rolls her eyes.

    "Well, duuuuh! Everyone loves dragons, silly," Kaida says with a big smile. Despite the bit of attitude, she grins so bright and wide that it's difficult to feel angry at her for a bit of freshness. When Balmund mentions that, just this once, she will let her, Dino and her father ride the Aerodactyl, her eyes grow so wide that they threaten to pop out of the sockets. "Really? No kiddin'?" Kaida puts her hand on her hip, looking the little gangster already. At the mention of Kaida's "badass dad", William raises one eyebrow, a small smirk on his face. He seems conflicted between displaying his pride and trying to further validate Balmund's statement by maintaining a rough, unflappable exterior. Ultimately, he turns to his daughter, repeating Balmund's question.

    "Well, Kaida, do you wanna ride the-"

    "YEAH!"

    "Guess I didn't need to ask," William remarks with a grin. "Well, if my baby wants to ride an Aerodactyl, who am I to say no?" William gently picks up his daughter, and after exchanging a look with Balmund to ensure that the action is all right, gently places his precious little girl on the back of Kurthnaga.

    "Easy does it, baby. Don't touch his head, and remember, treat him gentle! He may be big and bad, but he needs to be treated carefully, just like little Dino." With the mention of Dino, Kaida smiles and holds up the Pokeball she had formerly been carrying on her belt, and William helps her use the Pokeball to call out her Pokemon friend. Out of the ball pops a small baby Axew, probably no older than a month or so, with big, curious eyes. Though the creature is young and innocent, the glint in his eyes is vaguely reminiscent of the powerful Averil. In fact, the similarities in bone structure and fang placement suggest that Dino may be her offspring. Dino cries out happily at the sight of Kaida, and immediately jumps into her arms.

    "Thick as thieves, those two," he comments to Balmund. "Such a strong bond already... Damn impressive, I'd say." The proud father can't help but grin at his daughter's ability to connect with the tiny Axew. As Kaida pets Dino on the head, she seems eager to explain to Balmund about her friend.

    "This is Dino. He's like a dinosaur, only better. I named him myself! My dad's Hack-a-saur-us had two babies, but one is in heaven with Rayquaza. He's Dino's guardian angel! That's what daddy says."

    William nods in affirmation of the statement. "Dino's very blessed to have a brother in heaven, huh?" Kaida responds with a nod of her own as she hugs the wiggly infant dragon in her arms. William mounts Kurthnaga after his daughter, taking a protective stance around her and Dino, making sure to hold on to her with one arm and gently but firmly get a hold of Kurth with the other. The pair seem all set to go, and Kaida laughs and sings and nearly bursts with energy... that is, until she suddenly grows quiet. Balmund immediately knows something's wrong when the Axew in her arms calls out in alarm, Kaida's eyes suddenly growing dark and strange.

    "Daddy... The shadows, they're... they're talking..." Kaida's voice, suddenly drained of all emotion and vigor, emanates from her body like a hollow echo. "They say I need to go... but I don't want to go, Daddy! I don't want to go with them! I wanna stay and ride the dinosaur with you!"

    "Kaida... Kaida, what are you talking about?" William turns his daughter to look at him, and is shocked and the tears streaming from his normally brave and jolly daughter's face. Though he cannot see the strange shadows rising from the ground, Balmund sure as hell can... Two more Dusknoir, similar to the ones that he had fought with the older version of William, rise from the ground, surrounding Kurth on both sides. The young Kaida shrinks away from them, clinging to her father and to Kurth for dear life as they reach out for her, attempting to snatch her away. Though William does not have any idea what might be assailing his daughter, he holds her close, attempting as best he can to console her.

    What will Balmund do?
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 11th January 2013 at 5:14 AM.

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    ((I apologize for the super long delay for these updates! I appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoy this latest batch! Emp and poketim2, your updates are in my next post because of Serebii's 50000 character limit. Silly length limitations... XP))


    Meetan - Alice calls out encouragingly to her little battler, hoping that he will continue to fight as hard as he possibly can for her. The little Torchic still seems fired up and ready to go, and he demonstrates his will to win with an impressive Double Team. Two copies of the Torchic appear out of nowhere, and the half-blinded Liepard seems quite confused and disoriented by the number of opponents that face her now. She seems to be wondering whether the number of Torchics has to do with her impaired vision or something else entirely. Either way, she decides to Pursue the nearest Torchic. She smirks as she lunges, sure that she will be making a direct hit, but her happiness fades away quickly as she phases right through the Torchic, which disappears the moment she makes impact! The Liepard growls, and though Alice cannot understand Liepard language, she's pretty sure that the creature is doing some pretty creative cursing. Both remaining Torchic show off their Agility raising their speed even higher and making them both more nimble. The Liepard decides to Scratch the poor Torchic, and manages not only to target the real one, but land the hit as well. Torchic is about to finish the round with a brutal Crossfire when the Liepard rushes up to Torchic, attempting to Fake him Out. Though the sight of her suddenly coming up on him does stop Torchic mid-attack, he manages to nimbly side-step the fake-out attack, avoiding the damaging flinching that could have occurred.

    Alice cannot help but feel concerned for Rapid; after all, Houndoom were frightening creatures to Alice, and the numbers of them seemed to be increasing with every round. She calls out to Rapid, asking her if she's all right, and Rapid calls back;

    "Don't worry about me, darlin'! Give that Purrloin's mama what she deserves, then we'll get outta' here! There's gotta' be an end to these things!" Sure enough, the sound of howling does seem to be diminishing. Six more Houndoom have jumped out of the bushes, Growling and Howling, preparing to attack Rapid. Rapid Stomps one of them hard in the ribs, but it seems as if their constant status-lowering cries are beginning to affect her, as this hit is not a OHKO as the first one was. Even so, she remains resilliant.

    Alice is about to turn around and focus on her own battle when she notices a few lights shimmering off in the distance that were not there before... Strange.

    How will Alice respond?


    ((Don't worry, Marion! Your absences never feel like long since I'm loving the adventure so much. Plus, it kinda coincided with my own busy time and creative!fail, so. xP Thanks for the update!))

    Alice smirks proudly as Liepard fails to land the hit on her fire bird, wishing she knew exactly what it was growling, if only so she could understand how a Pokemon swore. Wincing as it finally lands a hit, the trainer's glad to see that Torchic ignores it and carries on, although this pride falters when he's tricked by a Fake Out attack.

    Her attention shifts as Rapid calls out to her reassuringly, and although she tries not to worry too much, it's clear that the pack of Houndoom are wearing the faux Rapidash down. Her attacks aren't as powerful as before, although she seems to be handling herself okay... Turning back to her own battle, or intending to before they lose their advantage, she is once again distracted by strange lights in the distance. They're dazzling, and the teenager was sure that they weren't there before...

    "Torchic!" The bird chirps, trying to draw his owner's concentration back.
    "Yeah! Use Low Kick, then Bounce and Crossfire!" Alice babbles, almost stumbling over her orders. Torchic puffs out his chest and goes for it, but the trainer looks back at the lights again. So odd, scary, but so pretty.

    "Rapid! Look at those!" Alice calls out, pointing towards the mystifying view. She's trying to keep her eyes on the battle, but there's so much to focus on, and it's proving difficult.

    ((Stats.))

  10. #260
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    3,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Shadowshocker - Shadow takes a moment to internally analyze the information Merle has provided. While Merle's death seems like a case of sheer misfortune resulting from a rather easily explainable act of nature, the circumstances surrounding the death of Joy are far more mysterious and strange. Shadow considers the likelihood that these events occurred after the tragic events of the Ghost Train, which may draw a potential link between the hauntings of the park and the strange behavior of the Mandibuzz that murdered one of their own. Not only was the death itself provoking a number of questions in Shadow's mind, but also the sheer uncertainty that Joy's spirit would even be waiting for them if he and his companions went to search for her. Would she have remained trapped in the parking complex, or did she wander, as her trainer's spirit did? Even if she was in the parking garage, would she even want to see her trainer again, as Merle so desperately wanted to see her? Then again, given how loving Merle was toward her precious Joy, it was doubtful that Joy would be anything but happy to see her trainer once again.

    Shadow decides to ask a few more questions, just to make sure he has all the information necessary to begin this expedition. He asks about any previous attempts to locate Joy, and what information has been obtained from these attempts. Merle sighs, choking back a few tears. "All I know was that we were on the third floor, near the exit into the hotel. I remember because I ran into the hotel looking for help for my poor Joy, but nobody was there... and she had... she had already passed, so quickly, it would have been no use... I tried getting back to that exit and retracing my steps, but for some reason, I am having difficulty finding it."

    "I can lead you there," Pyrrhos offers. "We're on the right floor, so it should not take long to get there." Shadow then mentions his concern about Merle's current state, if she was to follow them. After a long moment of silence, Pyrrhos makes a motion for Shadow to discreetly keep his eyes on him and away from Merle, and with as soft and gentle a voice as he can muster, addresses Merle. "Dear, would you mind standing up straight and stretching out your arms? I would like to take a look at you."

    Merle groans with some measure of resistance, but apparently gives into Pyrrhos' request, as Shadow can see the face of the Chandelure grow pale with disgust. The Chandelure narrows his eyes with intense focus, his purple flames flaring white. He carefully floats toward Merle, holding out his candle appendages in front of her. "Come to the flame and be purified," he chants, before the white flame jumps from his candles to Merle, consuming her in light and heat. She screams for a moment, and for a split second, Shadow worries that the Chandelure has somehow murdered or consumed the poor soul that had previously begged the scientist for help; however, the flame soon fades, and Merle's spirit looks decidedly less disfigured. In fact, with her face restored to its former beauty, Shadow cannot help but admit that the ghostly lady is actually quite attractive when her guts aren't spilling all over the floor. Though tears still stream for her eyes, she manages a smile for Pyrrhos' act of kindness.

    "Somehow I feel... lighter," she says. "Thank you."

    Pyrrhos shrugs, floating down the corridor. "Come along then, you two. We have a Vullaby to find." Motioning for Shadow and Merle to follow, the Chandelure floats through corridors, leading the pair through twists and turns, before finally coming to a dead end. The ghostly fire type stares at the rather ordinary-looking hotel wall for a few long moments, before turning to Merle and Shadow, a look of obvious concern on his face.

    "Well, this is where the exit should be. In all my years of living in this hotel, the exit to the parking garage has always been here. Why... Hm." The Chandelure holds his flame up to the wall, searching for anything out of the ordinary. He taps the candle against the wall, which appears to be solid. "Either a very good illusion, or the most silent construction that has ever happened here. We could try breaking through it, or we can look for another way into the garage. That said, if we do try to break through this wall, I want it to be controlled... I don't need this entire hotel collapsing because of some silly wall that should not even be here in the first place!" The Chandelure on the other side grimaces. "My one fear is that if we come breaking through, whatever is on the other side will know that we are coming... Clearly, there is a reason this wall has been erected, but why...?"

    How will Shadow and his operatives respond?
    At the chandelier's confusion Shadow proceeded to perform his observations. By all means and appearances, the wall seemed to be normal; its oddity primarily due to how it apparently escaped Pyrrhos' notice. Perhaps ghosts had no need for parking and, therefore, that portion of the hotel was not a part of daily scheduled surveillance? Pyrrhos' species seemed to be incapable of phasing, but on the other hand it might not have been wise to suggest separating the guide from the group. Did someone not want the undesired presence of others? If so, and there was a reason for keeping intruders out, Shadow doubted that an alternative route would yield any more positive outcome. Dahlia was testing her talons on his shoulder, indicating her impatience. The only way to proceed would be to break through, but given Pyrrhos' warning and the dilapidated state of the hotel, the stronger operatives could clearly not be used. Faithful as he was, the scientist didn't think that using his Shadow Force Dusknoir was wise either; group-phasing was something he hadn't ever attempted and wasn't willing to do so in spectral domains.

    "The key lies in breaking the wall down as subtly as possible. If so, I've got someone in mind," muttered the scientist, selecting a pink orb on his waist, "Durin!" With a pop and a solid clang, the Ferroseed emerged with no more than the blank, unperturbed gaze in his eyes.

    "Ferroseed normally attach themselves to cave walls and drain their mineral nutrients, so this should theoretically work. Durin, attach to the wall and force your Spikes into it to get a good hold and crack the surface. Then weaken the structure by infecting it with your Leech Seed, and inject more of your Spikes. Once that's all good and cracked, Scherza, crumble it with your Fury Attack."

    "I'm going ta blast ya inta thin gruel!" crowed the parrot.
    PASBL Standings: Level 5, B+ Ref, 84-22-10, 247 KOs, 492.5 TP, 0 SP
    Badges: Biohazard, Reffing
    Don't Go Clone This Mon FB Datafile

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Park
    Kiddie Arenas: Sixteen kiddie battle arenas are scattered throughout the park, each devoted to a specific Pokémon type. They're not very big as these were simply a testing ground for children under ten to practice their battle skills with rented Pokémon, though these days they're a little more treacherous.
    Phantom Isle, no longer as welcoming as it once was. Purportedly the most haunted area in all of Fizzytopia. And here they were, a 22-year-old Pokemon Trainer and his Gastly, simultaneously roaring in eerily similar laughter.

    "OK, OK, and then the next day," the Gastly was saying to his trainer in perfect English, "The first mate goes up to the captain, right? And this time, he says, 'Captain, twenty enemy ships on the horizon!' And, and the captain says, he says, 'Bring me my brown pants.' HA!" At the punch line, both Keith and his Gastly exploded with laughter.

    "I gotta remember that one," Keith laughed. "Where do you come up with these jokes, Chuck?"

    "I've spent eight years aimlessly wandering the spirit world before being reincarnated as a Gastly," Chuck grinned. "You tend to pick up a thing or two in there."

    "Heh. Well, here we are," said Keith. "Phantom Isle. Where do you want to go first, Chuck?"

    "Hmm," Chuck murmured, apparently thinking. "Well, there are supposed to be kiddy battling arenas here, are there not? Reported to be a tad more treacherous than they used to be?"

    "I've heard that, yeah," nodded Keith. "I'm guessing you're up for a battle?"

    "Well, not quite yet," admitted the Gastly. "Having said that, I couldn't help but notice that lovely little yellow disc in your backpack," he added.

    "And you want me to teach you Thunderbolt," Keith grinned.

    "Were you saving it for someone?" asked Chuck.

    "Truth be told, I knew I would use it on someone, just couldn't decide on who. If it'll help you get ready for battle, then I don't see why not." As he said this, he dug the TM Thunderbolt out of his backpack and placed it on Chuck's forehead. The Gastly absorbed the disc into his body and instantly learned how to use Thunderbolt.

    "Mm, yes, this is perfect," grinned Chuck. "Now I'm ready."

    "As am I, so let's go," replied Keith as the duo headed off for the arenas.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Balmund - Kurth's mighty roar works better than even Balmund himself had anticipated; not only were both Kaida and William attracted by the fierce looking Aerodactyl, but Kaida was already begging her father to take a ride. William, in his attempts to play the adult, asks Balmund whether or not Kurth would be safe for him and his daughter to ride. Dismounting his Pokemon with the smoothness and grace of an experienced dragon tamer, Balmund smiles wide at the young William and his child, stating with pride and confidence that they most certainly can. After all, Kurth was a tame, good boy, wasn't he? The Aerodactyl, irritated by the docile character assessment, plays at trying to bite his trainer, but in such a way that Kurth is easily brushed aside by the laughing Balmund, who pushes Kurth's nose as if he were a giant puppy. To most parents, such a display would be a little disconcerting, even in jest... However, the look William gives is one of recognition, of a familiar sort of interaction that he likely performed every day with his own Haxorus. To the experienced trainer, William can sense the incredibly strong bond between Balmund and Kurth, such that the two could essentially joke around without either getting hurt. This seems to be enough reassurance for the protective father. Balmund then introduces himself as Dragon Tamer Duke from Blackthorn City, and William, try his he might, looks visibly impressed.

    "From Blackthorn, huh... You have that look, I s'pose," He calmly comments. Despite the grit in his voice, Balmund can sense the statement is meant as a compliment. When Balmund addresses Kaida and tells her that he loooooves dragons too, she gives him a little pssssh and rolls her eyes.

    "Well, duuuuh! Everyone loves dragons, silly," Kaida says with a big smile. Despite the bit of attitude, she grins so bright and wide that it's difficult to feel angry at her for a bit of freshness. When Balmund mentions that, just this once, she will let her, Dino and her father ride the Aerodactyl, her eyes grow so wide that they threaten to pop out of the sockets. "Really? No kiddin'?" Kaida puts her hand on her hip, looking the little gangster already. At the mention of Kaida's "badass dad", William raises one eyebrow, a small smirk on his face. He seems conflicted between displaying his pride and trying to further validate Balmund's statement by maintaining a rough, unflappable exterior. Ultimately, he turns to his daughter, repeating Balmund's question.

    "Well, Kaida, do you wanna ride the-"

    "YEAH!"

    "Guess I didn't need to ask," William remarks with a grin. "Well, if my baby wants to ride an Aerodactyl, who am I to say no?" William gently picks up his daughter, and after exchanging a look with Balmund to ensure that the action is all right, gently places his precious little girl on the back of Kurthnaga.

    "Easy does it, baby. Don't touch his head, and remember, treat him gentle! He may be big and bad, but he needs to be treated carefully, just like little Dino." With the mention of Dino, Kaida smiles and holds up the Pokeball she had formerly been carrying on her belt, and William helps her use the Pokeball to call out her Pokemon friend. Out of the ball pops a small baby Axew, probably no older than a month or so, with big, curious eyes. Though the creature is young and innocent, the glint in his eyes is vaguely reminiscent of the powerful Averil. In fact, the similarities in bone structure and fang placement suggest that Dino may be her offspring. Dino cries out happily at the sight of Kaida, and immediately jumps into her arms.

    "Thick as thieves, those two," he comments to Balmund. "Such a strong bond already... Damn impressive, I'd say." The proud father can't help but grin at his daughter's ability to connect with the tiny Axew. As Kaida pets Dino on the head, she seems eager to explain to Balmund about her friend.

    "This is Dino. He's like a dinosaur, only better. I named him myself! My dad's Hack-a-saur-us had two babies, but one is in heaven with Rayquaza. He's Dino's guardian angel! That's what daddy says."

    William nods in affirmation of the statement. "Dino's very blessed to have a brother in heaven, huh?" Kaida responds with a nod of her own as she hugs the wiggly infant dragon in her arms. William mounts Kurthnaga after his daughter, taking a protective stance around her and Dino, making sure to hold on to her with one arm and gently but firmly get a hold of Kurth with the other. The pair seem all set to go, and Kaida laughs and sings and nearly bursts with energy... that is, until she suddenly grows quiet. Balmund immediately knows something's wrong when the Axew in her arms calls out in alarm, Kaida's eyes suddenly growing dark and strange.

    "Daddy... The shadows, they're... they're talking..." Kaida's voice, suddenly drained of all emotion and vigor, emanates from her body like a hollow echo. "They say I need to go... but I don't want to go, Daddy! I don't want to go with them! I wanna stay and ride the dinosaur with you!"

    "Kaida... Kaida, what are you talking about?" William turns his daughter to look at him, and is shocked and the tears streaming from his normally brave and jolly daughter's face. Though he cannot see the strange shadows rising from the ground, Balmund sure as hell can... Two more Dusknoir, similar to the ones that he had fought with the older version of William, rise from the ground, surrounding Kurth on both sides. The young Kaida shrinks away from them, clinging to her father and to Kurth for dear life as they reach out for her, attempting to snatch her away. Though William does not have any idea what might be assailing his daughter, he holds her close, attempting as best he can to console her.

    What will Balmund do?
    At Balmund's invitation, Kaida's seemed utterly ecstatic at the prospect of riding the Aerodactyl, and William wasn't one to say no to his little girl. He carefully lifts her up before placing her on Kurthnaga's back, instructing her on how to properly behave, reminding her to treat the prehistoric Pokémon carefully like she would with Dino. On cue, Dino is released at his mention; a hatchling Axew, barely a month-old, though very reminiscent of his likely parent. Balmund's intuition is confirmed as Kaida explained being one's of William's Haxorus's two offsprings, the other having unfortunately gone to heaven too soon in his lifetime. A tragic fate, but at least he would be watching his brother from up above, a belief Balmund didn't mind sharing.

    William then mounts Kurthnaga, securing his daughter and her Pokémon tight with one hand before hanging on firmly to the Aerodactyl with the other. They all seemed fired up and ready to go until ... it happened. At Dino's alarm, Kaida's voice and expression dramatically flips to the complete opposite end as it becomes emotionless and hollow, warning them them of impending danger as streams of tears flowed from her eyes. To say young William was alarmed would be an understatement, and only the Gods know how much more he would be if he could see what Balmund did at the moment. It was those shadow sentinels once again, and things would turn very sour if he didn't act quick. Kurthnaga himself seemed ready to savage them apart as best as he could, with or without Balmund's command, though the presence of Kaida on his back held him off. He felt them both a heavy burden right now ... though a burden he did not really want to get off his back either. Something about Kaida and Dino slightly softened the edges of his rough, rocky heart in a manner similar to what a young Durandal did a long time ago.

    There was no time to explain anything. No time to think, much less play theatrics or whatever. Consequences be damned, he needed to attack them, and fast, before it was too late, and for that he calls forth two of his absolute strongest and most trustworthy of companions.

    "Chris, Vega! I need you both!" He yelled, releasing a Luxury and Ghost Balls which bursted forth with his dear Seviper and Arbok respectively. "Crunch, then Poison Tail!" He commanded, and both giant snakes immediately picked a target for their own as they lunged for attack like a pair of sinuous missiles. For Chris, the situation was easy to understand; her role is that of a weapon, and she would gladly slay whichever target she was directed against, no questions asked; nothing else mattered. Vega in turn despised needless violence, but he could tell this violence was very much needed; Balmund wouldn't have summoned him otherwise.

    "William, do not ever let go of her!" He encouraged the confused parent. He knew very well this William had never introduced himself, and would likely be alarmed at Balmund knowing his name, but there was no time to explain. "Kurth, Fly, as far and fast as you can. Protect them until my return, however long that takes."
    Last edited by Balmund; 12th January 2013 at 2:36 AM.

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Park

    Fortune Teller's Tent: Situated in the shadows cast by the majestic circus tent is a much smaller tent which once housed a mystical woman who was said to have powers beyond that of a regular human, being able to see not only into the past, but also into the future. She passed away not too long before the closure of the theme park but nobody thought anything of it, since she was getting on in years. Today, there is still a light coming from her tent, so could it be she still lingers in the theme park, waiting for her next customer?
    During her travels, Okiku kept hearing about this Island where ghosts completely took over it, perhaps on the fact it used to be a very fun and lively place... that turned sour. The young woman wouldn't dare set foot into that land, already having enough of one ghost in her team and nightmares still sucking the life away from her... until she heard about the story of the Fortune Teller's Tent in the park of the Isle. Rumors say the ghost of the medium still haunts it, and she was one able to see the past and the future. Her curiosity piqued by that ability typically psychic-related, not to mention reminding her of Xatu, a Pokémon with similar powers, Okiku decided to visit the place after all... although a bit concerned about her own safety. To counter that, before going inside the small tent, she decided to let out one of her teammates, a Spheal she named Hershel, to accompany her. As he appeared after the red flash, the Pokémon politely bowed to his trainer.

    "Hey boy," Okiku spoke to her good friend, "ready to go on an adventure?"

    Hershel joyfully clapped, happy to finally lend a fin to his human friend.

    "Alright, I would like to check out this little tent over there," she pointed at it, "...but I would prefer to have someone with me, just in case... Care to join me?"

    The Spheal simply nodded.

    "Thanks! Let's go then!"

    As she walked towards the tent, Hershel, to Okiku's puzzlement, quickly rolled ahead of her. Her questions in her mind got answered as the Spheal grabbed the cover of the entrance and held it open, as if opening a door for her.

    "Well, thank you again young sir!" She giggled a bit at his very polite demeanor.

    As soon as she goes through the tent's entrance, the little gentleman followed her close behind.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    emp - Wes arrives on the shoreline of the Haunted Theme Park, dripping wet and smelling of the ocean as he dismounts his faithful Wailmer, Shamu. With him is an equally drenched cardboard box, a few holes cut into the top of the lid in order to let the precious cargo within breathe more easily. The young trainer had not anticipated such a sudden and abrupt change in the tides upon approaching the island, especially when so close to shore, but at least he and his Pokemon managed to wash ashore safe and sound. Looking out at the dark ocean, it seems as if the water is tumultuous only directly surrounding the island... The sea looks lighter and calmer the farther away it is from his current location. Certainly odd, and perhaps not natural, but probably not something to dwell too extensively on. After rewarding his blubbery whale-like friend with a delicious snack and recalling him to his Pokeball, Wes is able to really take in the sights and sounds of the Theme Park, expecting bright lights, the distant sight of a roller coaster inching up the steep incline of lofty tracks or plummeting with screaming passangers, and the faint sounds of music, rides and laughter. Instead, he is met with an eerie silence, and though he can barely make out the sight of roller coaster tracks and the silouhettes of signs in the distance, there is no movement on the tracks, or lights illuminating the park, despite the dark and dreary mist that has consumed the island. The trainer senses that something is decidedly off about the whole situation... He attributes the absence of other trainers and Pokemon to coming in the off-season, but even then, the pervasiveness of the silence and utter desolation which surrounds him implies a much more sinister reason for the missing people. Even so, Wes intends on bringing out some lively companions of his own, in the form of seven Eevee pups, each with their own distinct personalities. The energetic pups stand in stark contrast to their rather dead environment, and Wes finds himself having to constantly guide them to order, preventing any stray pups from piddling on flowerbeds, eating strange berries and wandering off towards whatever looked interesting (which was practically everything to a young Eevee pup). Finding it easier to carry the bundle of fluffy Pokemon as opposed to herding them like a group of Mareep, Wes gathers the Eevee up in his arms, making his way to his intended destination: The Big Wheel.

    Certainly, if Wes is looking to pawn off his pups to some responsible young trainers looking for a friend, there was no better place to look than the marvelous observation wheel near the center of the park. Known as the Big Wheel, it certainly lived up to its name; the highest point of the wheel reached far into the fog, where Wes imagined that the view was incredibly impressive on a clearer day. The architecture of the Big Wheel seems reminiscent of an earlier time, with ornate paintings of Pokemon on each gondola in a style typical of amusement parks in the early 1900s. Even the gondolas, with their intricate carvings and meticulous metal work, seem to have been crafted long before the park was opened. In fact, Wes' eye is caught by a small plaque at the base of the Big Wheel, which explains that the ride was transported to Phantom Isle all the way from Whale Island's Shell Harbor, where it used to serve as an attraction for shopgoers in days gone by. The park purchased the Big Wheel, which had fallen into disrepair after various poor attempts at maintaining the ride, and apparently rennovated it for the park, adding more gondolas and restoring the paint to how it originally looked in photographs of its early days... Given its current delapidated state, Wes couldn't help but wonder how terribly broken-down it must have been before the Theme Park got its hands on the attraction. The signs around the Big Wheel advertise fun for all ages, and encourages trainers to make new friends by sharing the expansive gondola with unfamiliar faces. Unfortunately for Wes, there seem to be no faces, familiar or otherwise, with which to share the ride. With no one around, and with the pups acting particularly boisterous today, perhaps it would be all right to let each Eevee have its own gondola to run around in. The trainer admits to himself that he probably will not be winning the Trainer of the Year Award for separating his Eevees like this, but with no one around, what were the chances of anything going wrong? Besides, the Eevees certainly do not mind the idea of riding the Big Wheel by themselves, and are more than willing to show off their courage and daring, despite their immaturity.

    Wes lines up his pups, and they each hop excitedly into a gondola of their own, though some need Wes' help in order to be lifted their respective gondola and clear the extraordinary height. Though a sign near the ride advises that small children and Pokemon should not go on the ride unaccompanied, the Eevee seem eager to go on the ride, and with the gondola so well-encased with strong, plastic windows that could not be opened, it was difficult to imagine something bad happening. As Wes finally jumps into his own gondola with Peeta, the runt of the litter, the thought briefly crosses his mind that with no one around, there was a good chance that he would have to wait around for awhile for the ride to even start. As Wes sets Peeta in his lap and waits patiently, scratching the little pup behind the ears, the sound of carnival music slowly groaning to life breaks the silence and immediately causes Peeta's ears to perk up, his deep brown eyes focusing intently in the direction of the noise. The gondola begins to slowly push forward, gaining momentum slowly as the ride begins, despite no apparent operator around to start the ride. As the ride slowly begins, Wes gets the funny feeling that he is not alone... Turning to his left, a strange looking Pokemon that appears to be a skeletal mass suspended in a cage of green goo turns to him with an odd little smile. Wes has no idea how this Pokemon could have gotten into the gondola unnoticed, and yet there it was, sitting calmly beside him. A telepathic message echoes in the trainer's head, as the Reuniclus greets him with a soft, masculine voice, which seems rather charming to Wes' ears despite the odd way in which he hears it;

    Funny thing about the Big Wheel... A lot like life, isn't it? Full of ups and downs, and yet... it starts to all become so familiar. One big circle. Mechanical deja vu. The Reuniclus stares out the window, looking thoughtful. Makes one oddly nostalgic, doesn't it? Makes one think of the past...

    The Reuniclus turns to Wes, a large grin on his face. Tell me... If you could change one decision from your past, what would it be? Somehow, Wes can sense a deep, ominous gravity to the question being asked.

    How will Wes respond?
    Thanks for the welcome! I just hope this reply can do your wonderful update justice (sorry if I went a bit overboard with description there, hopefully none of its verging on self updating). Also, the links in the end paragraph were for my own reference, not expecting you to trawl through them :P

    “Shell Harbour...” Wes muttered curiously, his finger leaving a clean stroke were it had ran down the grimy surface of the olden plaque, “That’s not far from where we live... Used to live, even” Correcting himself gave a hard reminder of what he’d lost, the realisation he’d been sleeping rough for the past few weeks sticking a lump in his throat. Wes shook his head in efforts to drive out these emotions - if he managed to scrape enough cash together from selling the litter of pups he’d be able to buy his old place back. Eevee were real money spinners. He kept assuring himself of this before shifting his attention back to the Ferris wheel. The Pokémon had already started climbing aboard, tails waggling ten to the dozen as they balanced on their hind legs noses pressed against the windows – steam fogging up their view as they yapped for each other’s attention. The kid’s reservations about the plan started to ease as he counted five Eevee, the sixth trembling against his shoe. Wes gave a weak smile as he ran his fingers through Peeta’s downy fur, taking one last fleeting look at the deserted theme park before clambering onto the ride. The gondola gave a slight pivot under his weight, dropping into the leftmost bench with his feet up against the seat opposite. The perks of coming off-season. Peeta scrambles up and down the Wes’s legs like a pair of rolling hills before getting comfy, nuzzling against Wes’s hand in hopes of another stroke. After a few seconds of twiddling his thumbs the kid wiped away some of the condensation giving a clear view of the ticket booth which stood unoccupied.

    “I’m starting to think the operator went on his lunch break”, Wes rationalised, “Maybe we ought to come back lat-“ Cut off by the creepy blare of carnie music the kid felt a chill course down his spine that had nothing to do with the weather, his Eevee pup’s ears pricked up head whirring in efforts to sleuth out the source of the creepy organ melody. Heart racing he dug his fingernails into the arm rests as the ride wheeled into motion with rusty groan. Wes’s lapse in nerve was short-lived however as the ride picked up momentum, cheeks flushing with humiliation having gotten so worked up over nothing. He laughed it off, scratching behind Peeta’s ear as they climbed high above the amusement ground. Seconds into the ride and Wes felt a churn in his stomach, his heartbeat rising to renewed fear. It was like a sixth sense, a gnawing feeling in the back of his mind that he wasn’t alone. He felt the impulse to look around the gondola but a voice in his head told him not to entertain his paranoia – there was no way anyone could be beside him, but his instincts were telling him otherwise. The idea that this feeling would pass if he kept his head straight wasn’t one Wes was too keen on sticking to, taking a brave gulp before facing the empty seat beside him. Only it wasn’t empty... The teen let out a yell as he reeled back in shock, the cart rocking as he withdrew into one of its corners like a startled Spinerak. Jolting to his feet he send the Eevee somersaulting onto the dusty floor of the vehicle, the pup’s bushy tail well between its legs in equal sums of surprise having been so rapt in his master’s grooming. Wes’s heavy breathing settled as he fixed onto the interloper with dilated pupils, its unthreatening features quickly easing him out of panic and into curiosity. Sat casually with an odd smile painted on its face, the cell-like Pokémon looked like an embryo. Its white body was suspended in a blob of translucent green cytoplasm, with round appendages breaking off from its head and in a chain from its torso – simulating ears and arms, respectively.

    “You’re a Reuniclus”, Wes stated apprehensively. Despite its childlike appearance Wes knew this Pokémon was one to be reckoned with, a hand twitching near his satchel half-interested in defending himself and half-interested in the impossible task of recruiting the Multiplying Pokémon. These rash thoughts are quickly stifled however as the Reuniclus substitutes them with his own. Funny thing about the Big Wheel... A lot like life, isn't it? Full of ups and downs, and yet... it starts to all become so familiar. One big circle. Mechanical deja vu. Wes took his seat up again, staring out of the window vacantly not liking the feeling of his mind being probed one bit. Makes one oddly nostalgic, doesn't it? Makes one think of the past... The trainer broke his gaze and faced the Reuniclus, feeling it’d be rude not to pay attention. And who couldn’t be drawn in by such a smooth radio-like voice? The Pokémon was back-facing Wes, beady eyes bearing down meditatively on the theme park only adding to his air of mystery. The kid agreed with a forceful nod, the kind of way he’d agree with a senile oldtimer on the Seaside City shuttle bus. He was no Freud - such thoughts never crossed his narrow mind. And then the Reuniclus’s head revolved, a wide grin plastered on its face as he penetrated the trainer’s subconscious. Tell me... If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

    Wes’s eyes widened as the words rattled around his skull, the mysterious undertone enough to send up warning flags. A gut feeling told him this question ran a lot deeper than your casual ice breaker. He swallowed hard, jaw locked tight in efforts to keep from responding. Then the realisation quickly sunk in that neither of them had spoken a word to each other and whilst he could keep his mouth shut he was powerless to stifle his thoughts. As though he’d had a gun pressed against his temple contemplation took form, the more he tried to stop it the quicker his thoughts raced. If you could change one thing about your life... He’d led a great life, nothing to complain about. Flashes of his first adventures play back like a movie reel. He could close his eyes and he was in the Forest of Adventure again, trekking through the woods until he came across a Teddiursa – paws dripping with sweet honey. He’d fought off a Beedrill in his first Pokémon battle to protect the cub who eventually become one of his strongest allies. Just a few months later he was hiking through the harsh jungles of Adventure Island, facing off against an infestation of prehistoric Pokémon destroying the region’s ecosystem. He wasn’t alone in this feat, teaming up with a trainer called Zak Bennet and sparking a friendship that would last a lifetime. Wes gave a smirk, what would he want to change? He had a squad of amazing Pokémon, trophies and ribbons he’d won and a fortune the size of- Then the realisation he was broke hit, and his smirk faded. Wes had blown all his inheritance on prizes and an unhealthy gambling addiction the left him living off the streets. Whilst this was a life many trainers chose to lead, Wes hated it. Still lost in thought he poked his toe through the hole in his sneakers, he sure could use a new pair...

    Wes locked eyes with the Reuniclus, giving into his most shallow and materialistic inhabitations, ’If I could change one thing about my life? I’d want to be rich

    FB
    Last edited by Emp; 13th January 2013 at 12:00 AM.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Phantom Isle
    The Haunted Theme Park

    Fortune Teller's Tent: Situated in the shadows cast by the majestic circus tent is a much smaller tent which once housed a mystical woman who was said to have powers beyond that of a regular human, being able to see not only into the past, but also into the future. She passed away not too long before the closure of the theme park but nobody thought anything of it, since she was getting on in years. Today, there is still a light coming from her tent, so could it be she still lingers in the theme park, waiting for her next customer?

    [/size]
    I'm assuming there's a slot here open? I am starved of adventuring, and the hunger can only be contained for so long.

    Tmp. Tmp. Tmp.

    Few are those who would enter an amusement park alone. Fewer are those who would enter a reputedly haunted one in the same state. None would dare enter Phantom Isle, the infamous amusement park within Fizzytopia, whose dark and twisted past drove the minds of those who delved within into complete insanity.

    Indeed, it would only be the hand of Fate or the call of Karma which would summon anyone to the miasmic land of metal, cloth and blood, the sky choked behind mists so dark and horrific that few would question whether it were the atmosphere or something else entirely, no sunlight capable of piercing it, even with an arrow.

    Tmp. Tmp. Tmp.

    The few errant souls curious on the approaching stranger nevertheless felt the urge to shy away, for the aura around him was just as paradoxic as the air around then. On top of almost black, a treacly brown tone, hair sat a deep grey beret with a single button, much like an eye, impaled into it. Covering his face was a crimson neckerchief, raised to stop the air from getting to his head...or was it to stop his air getting to the park?

    Wearing a black and white poncho over a navy jumper, rather thick around him and knitted with Mareep wool, there rested on the nape a stringed rock with an opal tip at first glance, but on closer inspection would reveal it to be a finger of a pokemon, a Golem to be precise, resting in a gentle curl much like a person in sleep. Further down, a set of stoneworn denim jeans hung from a tightened belt, the buckle in the shape of a bolt of black lightning speared through a shattered heart of white, while trainers on the trainer cushioned the impact of his feet as they plodded aimlessly through the gates. Simple gloves finished the outfit, the fingers cut off them for added grip.

    Tmp. Tmp. Tmp.

    He inhaled. He exhaled.

    Alex Blackhall did not come to enjoy the sights around him, his hazy grey eyes set with a piercing determination towards a small tent near the big top. Ever since he had heard of this fortune teller, a psychic, while at a bar trying to drown his sorrows, he felt that this was the point he needed to get himself sorted out. The past four years to him were horrific, to be forgotted by earlier memories, but the problem lay within that very point.

    He couldn't remember anything past his being dumped near the Ancient Tomb in the Arcane Realm. Or at least, remember anything which was truth and fabricated memory. Within his mind, images had collided and weaved into an incomprehensible net, which reached the point where he couldn't even recall his true name, a situation that led him to drastic measures and taught him harsh realities he was not prepared for in the least.

    The scenario almost led to him having a complete mental breakdown, on top of an emotional one, and had led to him questioning whether life was worth living. What he had learned - and who and what he had lost in doing so - had left his heart and tatters, as well as filling his mind with even more questions, which he would hope this fortune teller would be able to help him answer. A broken heart would be easily hardened and hidden until required to slowly reassemble, but memories were precious gold to Alex, and regardless of the cost to his health or logical processing, he would not stop until he had uncovered everything truthful about his past and expelled everything false that was used to placate him during his darker hours.

    Tmp. Tmp.Tmp.

    Approaching the entrance to the tent, Alex steeled himself once more before slowly entering the opening.


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    MarbleZone – Levin's internal monologue is incredibly harsh toward the Jellicent's living main course, but perhaps with some measure of justification; after all, not only had this man managed to eat himself into oblivion, but he also, through some dreadful mistake or utter lack of perception, got himself caught by whoever provides the “meals” around here. No one wants to live with the blood of another human being on their hands, but why should Wallace Dornez, who solved the Jellicent's riddle and used his own wit and cunning to survive thus far, risk all that for a man who had clearly messed up in some way or another? The whole situation just screamed massive liability. Wallace issues a double-edged apology to the man, insinuating strongly that he was far too overweight to escape... The man narrows his eyes at Wallace's remarks and unwillingness to help, and struggles against the gag to presumably make a retort, but to no avail. Meanwhile, Wallace considered himself better off following the orders of the Jellicent and pouring them their drinks. While he pours the wine, Crixus makes a moral choice of his own, seems intent on helping the man by attempting to untie his bonds. Wallace orders him to stop, but reluctantly admits to himself that perhaps he should do something to help this ill-fated man... Though any obvious attempts at freeing him would most certainly result in death for the two men and the Elekid. After all, Wallace's observations, while perceived by the captive as cruel, are quite true. How fast could a fat man possibly run? The Jellicent would catch and consume him for sure... As for Wallace, despite not having a lot of fat to weigh him down, he didn't want to take any chances, himself. He was going to have to think hard to find a possible solution. He considers including Oceanus as a potential accomplice, but thinks better of it. As far as Wallace was concerned, the only person he could ultimately trust was himself. Even if the butler had been helpful thus far, he had displayed his fair share of fear in the face of the Jellicent, and clearly cared for his own well-being despite having already been killed. No, if he was going to save this man, he and his Pokemon would have to do it themselves.

    Wallace leans in close and explains the new plan to the living main course. Despite the fact that the man still looks irritated by the server's earlier comments, he nods, before going limp, face down on the table... For a split second, Wallace himself believes that the man is dead, but quickly realizes that he is following the instructions that Wallace has given. Wallace then calls out Magnus the Magby, immediately reassuring the mentally unstable pyromaniac that he would be able to cause massive, fiery destruction soon, but was needed currently to simply burn a piece of paper to give the illusion of smoke. At first, the Magby seems disinclined to obey such a silly order, but fortunately decides to be obedient for now. He seems far more thrilled with the order to release a deadly Smog in the room, which could potentially poison the hefty man within the room. Wallace and Crixus prepare their theatrics, with Crixus running out of the room so fast he pretends to nearly trip in his scrambling to escape. Wallace runs with elegance and haste, befitting a man of his position in danger.

    The look on Oceanus' face seems to physically distort his expression so severely it is hard to recognize him as the same person; the mix of surprise and anger is so intense that Wallace would have difficulty meeting the man's gaze.

    "Where are the drinks," he hisses to Wallace in a low tone as soon as he is in range. "Wallace, where are the drinks?"

    Wallace instead goes into his planned delivery of the terrible news regarding the dinner... "The human" was emitting poison gas, and had somehow gone bad. The ghostly butler's eyes narrow even further, trying his best to hold in an inconceivable amount of rage.

    "What, do you think that because I'm a ghost I would buy this bulls**t medical condition nonsense? Unless this human was part Gastly or had recently eaten a Koffing, then there is no way on Earth that he would be emitting poison gas. It just isn't within the realm of possibility. He was alive five minutes ago, Wallace! What the f**k did you do??" Oceanus lifts his hand quickly as if to strike Wallace, but immediately stops himself. The sudden propensity to violence shakes the ghostly butler out of his rage somewhat, and reawakens some bit of humanity. He sighs deeply, taking a long, shuddering breath; before he can speak again, however, Lady Morgane's voice rings out;

    "Where are our drinks? I do say, that champagne is taking forever to pour! Will I have to pour the drinks myself?"

    "One moment, dear lady! Our kitchen is very busy preparing dinner just the way you and your gentleman companions like it-"

    "Is that so? Did a Slakoth train the lot of you to cook? I have half a mind to grab some appetizers to sate myself before the dinner begins... In fact, that friend of yours look delicious..." The grinning female Jellicent floats out of her seat, eyeing Wallace hungrily. She lifts her tentacles as if about to grab him, when suddenly, she recoils in horror and pain as she is Astonished from nowhere by a loud cry directed into her ear!

    The Jellicents' attention are all turned toward a single Exploud, whose fists are clenched with complete, mind-boggling rage. At some distance behind him, the man who was destined to become a main course hops forward, his arm bindings missing, the gag dangling from his hand. His legs are still bound, but the man seems to be working on those ropes. Wallace is confused at the sight, before realizing that Crix's attempts at pulling the ropes may have been just enough to loosen the rope for the man to break free! He wasn't sticking to the plan, to be sure, but his Exploud looks incredibly powerful.

    The man turns to Wallace and Oceanus his gaze pleading. "There isn't much time. We need to find my niece Calandra. I am afraid she might be in danger. Please... please come with me, both of you. Whatever they've promised you, it's a lie! I was promised a chance to sing on stage, and you see where it got me!"

    The Jellicent surround the man, their eyes full of viciousness... Exploud, seeking to defend his master, Screeches so loudly that the Jellicent recoil at the sound. Even Wallace's hearing is impaired by the cry, but as Oceanus speaks, Wallace gets the general idea from lip reading.

    "Well, you must have messed up terribly for them to do this to you. A sour note, perhaps? A bit of backtalk to the Mismagius that runs this place? Ruby's a tyrant, for sure, but most certainly not a liar. He has made it abundantly clear that those who forsake their duties will be punished severely." Oceanus glares angrily at the heavy man. "I want no part of this, and you shouldn't either, Wallace! Now, go get those drinks. The Jellicent will likely expend their energy hunting and killing this fool, so you might recover from your last mistake, dreadful though it was. Don't expect your luck to carry you much farther. Stay on the right path." Oceanus glares slightly, but there is a slight hint of concern in the gaze. Meanwhile, the battle between Exploud and the Jellicent rages on... Though the thoroughly pampered Jellicent seem to be slowed down by their spoiled, effortless lifestyle, they are still capable of some pretty powerful water attacks, and could likely use some help in the battle. Wallace and Crixus could attempt to help, or they could go back and get some drinks for the Jellicent, who will likely have forgotten his transgressions after the battle; in fact, they seem to be regarding Exploud and his trainer's attempts at defeating them as a twisted sort of "fun". He can hear some of them murmuring about how this is the most fun dinner they've had in awhile, with the added bonus of Exploud meat (a definite rarity).

    What will Wallace and Crixus do?
    To his credit, he had been doing pretty good so far, and rushed as it was, it'd been a decent plan. In everything else though, including its outcome, he had failed. The ghostly butler had lost all but the slightest hint of his earlier composure for a second, not buying any of his words, and was now enraged to the point of almost slapping him. Levin couldn't help but wonder what good trying to hit him would do, considering Oceanus's predicament... Still, that wasn't the point.

    If anything is to be taken from this, it's that Oceanus can't have died too many centuries ago; he has at least basic knowledge of physiology. And I don't think they used the word f**k until pretty recently, either.

    Useful as it could prove in the future though, that bit of information was completely worthless in his current situation. Fed up of waiting, Lady Morgane had set her eyes on him - and flattering as it was to be met with a female's gluttonous stare, this was a bit too literal for his liking. It floated ominously in his direction, and Levin found himself frozen in fear once more; it was happening on a regular basis by now, being dominated by a horror so intense that his survival instincts would shut down.

    Dammit, one mistake! It was one mistake, and it costs me my life? To save that idiot?! I gotta do something, say something! I...

    Before he could even move, Morgane was pushed back, her features distorted in pain, as an Exploud drove her back with an effective Astonish. But where did...

    Turning around, Levin locked eyes with the obese man he'd been trying to save, and it instantly hit him. Crix.
    As he hastily explained how Calandra might be in danger, and that he'd been conned into believing he'd perform on the stage, an immense rage began to swell inside of him. Moreso when Oceanus openly confronted the man, opting to support Ruby - in his own words, a tyrant - instead of at least helping them reach the girl. So blinded was him by loyalty, or fear, or simple detachment from life, that even working under those abusive conditions was preferable to the butler than preventing others from following his own fate. Not that he would mindlessly jump in and help this guy out of the kindness of his heart without a second thought; that wasn't like him at all - but Oceanus's complete disregard for Levin's and Caalndra's lives in favour of sucking up to the Mismagius made his blood boil.

    As the Exploud bravely kept the Jellicent at bay, Lev.. no, Wallace... tried to collect his thoughts. It wasn't easy to think clearly on the brink of being devoured, and his instincts told him to just join the fight and get the hell out of that place afterwards. But if only it was that simple... Oceanus didn't have to say it, his expression told enough - there was a huge risk to crossing Ruby, and he wondered if the butler had experienced it first hand. And after all, Levin... Levin wasn't a nice guy, certainly not heroic. His entire life, he'd been out there for himself, working for his own benefit; and logic dictated that he do it again here, that he opt to survive. How this man and Calandra had gotten themselves in this situation was none of his business, and he wasn't obligated, morally or otherwise, to help them for their mistakes.

    He sighed; there was only one logical course of action. Without a word, he went to get the drinks.
    However, halfway to the kitchen he realized Crix wasn't tagging along. Turning, he saw the Elekid standing where he'd been, not moving a muscle, and glaring defiantly at him. He wasn't going to budge, Levin knew that much. How the little guy had grown... He looked down, conflicted again. Reason told him to keep playing along, forget all about that brief moment of pity, fight for himself like he'd always done. But if the man spoke the truth, what about Calandra? Did she deserve to die for a single moment of poor judgment? He almost died for that one mistake just a while back too, and fate had allowed him to live a little longer. Fate, and the fat man. And if that only made them even, why was he so reluctant to walk away, when it was unquestionably the sensible thing to do?

    - Let's go Crix. We have work to do.

    At first, the Elekid was taken aback, unwilling to believe that his Trainer was really just going to ignore all this and keep up the act. But shortly afterwards, it hit him - "Crix" he said, not Crixus. He wasn't Wallace anymore, Levin was back! And that meant...

    - You saved a life today Crix... That's something sacred. And while you're responsible for what happens to this guy now, it's my own responsibility to help you keep him safe in any way I can; as your Trainer and your friend. Thanks for opening my eyes, for reminding me that what's best for me isn't necessarily what's right.

    Turning to face Oceanus, Levin looked more determined than ever. Sure, he was still scared to death, but he'd made a decision.

    - I don't know why you're so afraid all the time. What you lost already, I can still keep, and so can this man and his niece - our lives. If your priority is to humour these abominations, even though you have much less to lose than any of us, then I'm afraid I can't listen to you anymore. I'd love nothing more than to be rewarded for my services and be on my way, but with each passing minute I doubt more and more that Ruby would even allow that to happen. And if my living means Calandra has to die, then... it's not a trade I'm willing to make.

    Crix stepped forward, standing side by side with the Exploud.

    - And hell, even if I'm making the wrong call here, I can die knowing I did what I thought was right for once, and not just what served my interests. Feels kinda good for a change. Crix, daze Morgane with a couple of Thundershocks, then stand back and keep your guard up; she can't keep up with you!

    He moved right next to the fat man and prepared to fight. He had no illusions about defeating three fully grown Jellicent, but they had to at least make it to Calandra.

    - I don't know what you did to piss them off in the first place, but you damn well better be telling the truth now. Your Exploud can't take them on its own, and even Hyper Voice won't have any effect. I suggest we look for an opening to escape, unless you have some useful intel that can turn this around for us...
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 14th January 2013 at 8:50 PM.

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    emp

    poketim2 - ((I will let it go this time since you've been gone awhile, but in the future, please use size 1 font when responding to updates. Also, while you technically made length requirement, you did it with dialog... It might be good to add more description in the future, just so that I have a better idea of what you are doing. It helps me to write better when I have more in the way of description from you.))

    Though Brier would like to think that his training regimen is the reason that Jitterz has become so powerful, he suspects it has more to do with some kind of strange influence from their current environment. Brier tries to come up with a plan to take advantage of his Joltik's newfound strength, and decides to creatively use his Pokemon's String Shot in order to drag boulders down onto the Goldeen's head. Jitterz agrees to this plan, and fires a single string towards the heaviest-looking boulder he can find, pulling it toward the crater in which he is battling the Goldeen. Surprisingly, the tiny Joltik is able to pull the incredibly large and heavy boulder; in some ways, the sight is rather amusing, given how impossible such an event would normally be. With its tail still paralyzed, the Goldeen's mobility is not as great, and the rock comes crashing down on the giant Goldeen's body, causing it to roar out in pain. Unfortunately, some of the shrapnel from the boulder hitting the ground manages to hit the confused Suoni as well, who is too dazed to even think of dodging out of the way. On the positive side, the rock debris is enough to smack the Jirachi out of its confusion, and the Jirachi offers a Helping Hand to Jitterz, using its psychic powers to further amplify Jitterz' power. The angry Goldeen tries using a Supersonic attack to confuse Jitterz, but fortunately the Joltik covers its little ears just in time to avoid being confused, though the loud noise hurts Brier's ears. It was time for Joltik to use another String Shot to drop a boulder on Goldeen, but this time, it needed to be extra hard. Though the Goldeen tries to roll out of the way, it is still hit in one of its side fins, which shows significant tear and damage after Jitterz viciously smashes the boulder onto Goldeen. Suoni tries to add insult to injury with a Psychic attack, but even though its psychic powers make content, the Jirachi is not strong enough to lift the Goldeen or really manipuate it in any way, rendering the attack useless. Goldeen, sick of Suoni's meddling, nearly gores the poor thing with a vicious Horn Attack, but Suoni dodges out of the way just in time before meeting a rather terrible fate.

    For a change of pace, Brier orders Jitterz to use a Charge Beam in order to do some super effective damage on the Goldeen. The gigantic beam of electric energy hits Goldeen dead-on, filling its body with deadly electricity and doing a heavy amount of damage to the fishlike creature. Jirachi makes a Wish to remove the damage it took from the rock debris, holding its hands in prayer as if beseeching the stars for their healing light, despite it being broad daylight outside. The Goldeen turns toward Jirachi and unleashes a Peck attack with its giant horn, hitting the poor creature head on and taking it from near full health to near fainting in one hit. Marcus cries out for his Pokemon as Jirachi smashes into the wall at the force of the horn, cringing in pain, barely hanging on to consciousness. Even if the wish Jirachi made comes true, it would likely not be able to take another hit. "Marc, MARCUS," the trainer cries out in anguish.

    The Goldeen is hurting badly, likely at roughly 1/5th health. It may not last through another round. Jitterz stands strong at 4/5ths health. Suoni is very badly hurt, with only a sliver of health remaining.

    How will Brier and Jitterz respond?
    Brier held his hand up to his right eye, still in pain as he looked on his partner performing far beyond belief. He saw the tear in the Goldeen's fin. A piece lay trapped under the boulder and even at the edge of the crater, Brier could see the little drops blood seaping out. Brier's high was quickly snapped short as Souni was rammed by the Goldeen's horn attack leaving the small spirit in crippling pain with Marcus soon following suit. Brier lowered his hand dispite the pain the light and dust caused him and walked over to Suoni and Marcus. Kneeling he said to Marcus, "Take Suoni, and get back across the water. He'll be safer there." Brier swung his pack around of his back and pull out two small berries, "Here take this Leppa Berry and this Lum Berry. These may not do much but they may help him recover." Brier turned away from the duo, something in his demeanor had caught a spark and slowly started to flicker. The pain he saw in those two was more than enough to set him off.

    "Jitterz! We're ending this now!" Brier probed his pack one last time pulling out the first Pokeball he found, and slowly made his way towards the edge of the crater, all while ordering Jitterz next flurry of attacks. "Blast straight throught to it with a Charge Beam and don't let that up until you're close enough to finish it off with a Giga Drain!" He then sat his pack down, readied himself to slide down the cliff.

    "Are you zure you want to do zhat?" Jitterz buzzed.

    "I'll be fine you just keep its attention focused on you, okay buddy?" Brier said as he plunged headlong down the slope of the pit.

    "Okay, just be careful," Jitterz said mummbling the second half to where only he could hear it. I've never seen him like this.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jitterz thought back to their days back at home. How when ever Brier found an injured Pokemon he would rush it back to the local Pokemon Center and wait on it until late at night. Only leaving if the Pokemon had made a fun recovery or he had fallen asleep and Joy notified his parent that "he is here again."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    If he is willing to put himself in danger even in a fit of anger then I'll do what I can to help him with his goal, Jitterz thought before running head long at the Goldeen.

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    ((I apologize for the super long delay for these updates! I appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoy this latest batch! Emp and poketim2, your updates are in my next post because of Serebii's 50000 character limit. Silly length limitations... XP))


    Dark Searchman – Hyrem orders his three allies to act as one, attacking the wall simultaneously with a vicious Waterfall attack. The trio quickly sync up, blasting the wall with their high-powered water attacks simultaneously. Unlike the Bubble attack, which irritated the eyes, these more heavily-powered water moves seem to actually bruise the eyes, rendering them useless. You are unable to count the exact number of eyes that the attack takes out, but it seems like at least 40, especially with all three combatants giving it all they've got. Hyrem then watches the eyes Lock On to the female Frillish; not one to appreciate the spotlight, the female Frillish shudders at the thought of all eyes being on her, but remains undeterred. Meanwhile, the Harvester herself Detects an attack that will be coming from Delilah, and the gaze of the eyes stop her dead in her tracks before she can initiate the next move. Fortunately, the two Frillish are still able to level a nasty Surf towards the eyes, which also has sufficient power to bruise and render them ineffective. These eyes fall like marbles from the costume, while undamaged eyes from the wall fly in to replace them. The Harvester, while receiving new eyes, appears to be somewhat vulnerable as this process occurs; Hyrem uses the moment to try and figure out where Tuner and TA may be located based on the laughter that he seems to be hearing, yet he realizes quickly that locating them from the laughter will be impossible, as the sound seems to be originating from within Hyrem's own mind; position does not affect how loud or how soft the laughter is. Disheartened, but concerned about why the laughter would be inside his head, Hyrem finds his focus interrupted by an incredible pain from his eye sockets, which sends him reeling. His vision is now blurred to the point of almost-complete nearsightedness, and the battle is now far more difficult to see. That said, Hyrem cannot miss the eyes from the wall blasting the female Frillish dead-on with Zap Cannon; she cries out in horrific pain as the electricity courses through her body, damaging and paralyzing her. The Harvester herself recovers quickly from her moment of weakness, firing a massive Aurora Beam at Delilah... though the attack would not normally be terribly effective, the Harvester's many eyes seem to have found Delilah's weak spot, and the poor Chinchou is hit right in the left antenna, which flickers from the hit like a blinking car light. Hyrem gets the feeling that any electric-based attacks that Delilah attempts from here on out may be less powerful than before.

    The aura in the room is heavy... The premonition of an attack that Hyrem and his comrades felt before is especially strong now. If the female Frillish is to survive the next round, she will likely need help.

    Costume: 1/20 eyes paralyzed, 11/20 eyes irritated
    Wall: 118 eyes remain

    What will Hyrem do?
    With so many eyes left, Hyrem and the Water Pokemon had to try a different strategy than what they were using before. With all three Pokemon summoning Waterfalls, the eyes were being taken out so much quicker now; at least 40 or so of them suffered from the onslaught. Now they were starting to make progress! ... Leave it to the Harvester of Eyes to spoil the fun. All the eyes start Locking their gaze On the pink Frillish, and her nerves get to her for a moment, but she continues to press on. Delilah's movement was unfortunately Detected by the Harvester, however, and the glares from those eyes are too much for the Chinchou. The Frillish, at least, were able to twist the waters once again, this time creating a Surf that took out some more eyes on the costume, though, as Hyrem figured, several eyes move from the wall to replace the ones lost from the costume. This took some time, so Hyrem started to listen to where the sounds of laughter might be coming from.

    But it didn't help. "Hahaha... hehehe..." No matter where he went, the laughter didn't change in the slightest. It now felt like taunting, teasing, provoking, as they reverberated in his head. "Agh! Aaaah!!" Hyrem screamed out in agony and held his hands to his face again, which could not provide comfort from the searing pain he felt in his eyes. As he uncovered them, he realized his vision was blurring, and it was much harder to see anything now. Darnit, give my eyes a rest! Hyrem cursed whatever sorcery was affecting him. He tried his best to look around, figure out what was going on around him, but he was really struggling to pick out anything ... until a flash of light came down upon the pink Frillish as a Zap Cannon was fired with precision from the eyes on the wall, dealing massive damage and paralyzing her body as she screamed out in pain. Delilah let down her guard and watched out of concern for the female, but she should have been paying attention to her own welfare: the Harvester took this moment to fire an Aurora Beam at the Chinchou, which despite her resistance did result in a critical hit in her left antenna. That was going to be a problem; now that Hyrem could see Delilah's left lure flicker, he knew her Electric attacks were probably not going to have as much juice as they did before, maybe even light-based ones like Flash and Confuse Ray too.

    ... Okay, remember how Hyrem felt that there was going to be some Future Sight attacks coming? Like, a lot of them? And remember how the pink Frillish was hit really hard by a Zap Cannon? And how it paralyzed her? Yeah, that kind of a situation is really bad to get yourself stuck in. Hyrem had to go in and help her out if she was to live. Ideally, he'd have given her two items, but the room felt pretty ominous. As in, the light show was imminent. He'd only have time to give her one item. Healing her might help, but if anything was going to give her a fighting chance, it would be something that cured the nasty paralysis on her so she would be able to dodge the attacks ... if they didn't cover the whole darn room. Delilah needed some healing too, so Hyrem took the Sitrus Berry he pocketed earlier, as well as a Cheri Berry, and made his way over to the girls as best he could, using Delilah's light as a guide.

    "Here, Delilah, maybe eating this Sitrus Berry will help out with your light. Frillish, you eat this Cheri Berry as quick as you can too. Hey, Frillish!" Hyrem called to the blue Frillish. "Do another Waterfall on the eyes on the wall as a distraction, and maybe you'll take out some more eyes too! Be ready for Future Sight, guys, and focus on do... do... dodging as much as you can..." he struggled to finish as he was still struggling with the pain in his eyes.

    "Chou, chou chin chou?" Delilah asked out of concern for her suffering trainer.

    "D... don't worry about me, just follow orders!" said Hyrem. "I'll be fine!"

    But would he?

  19. #269
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Ex-Admiral Insane:
    Beginning to lose trust in the twins, you approach your starter, calling out to him to make sure he’s alright. He visibly perks up, still looking around, though his gaze passes right over your position without pause. He begins to look a little frustrated that he can’t seem to find you, even though he knows you’re nearby. Once you get close enough, you reach out to shake him, but, to your shock, you see your very-solid-looking hand pass right through your Ralts, the Pokémon flinching back and shivering at the action. The little girl who’d giggled at the expression on Rags’ face earlier bursts into laughter at your current expression, the child’s laughter ringing in the air. A grin stretches across the face of the twin who’d followed you up to your starter, apparently finding nothing wrong with you passing straight through another solid object.

    Y-your fa-ace looks so-oo fun-ny ri-ght no-w, the little girl says through her laughter, though she really can’t seem to stop.

    The other one nods enthusiastically, beginning to giggle a little. Whenever we find someone new to play with, they always make some funny face when they go through things. We can’t figure out why when everyone we know can do it, but it always makes her laugh a lot.

    Rags looks really confused now, most likely from picking up the twins’ amusement and your reaction. He glances around uneasily, seeming to waver in his certainty that you are nearby after you pass through him, but he seems to have picked up on something else. The Feeling Pokémon glances warily at another tent-made alley, even as the grinning little girl repeats her question.

    So, you’ll play with us now, right?

    What will you do?



    ~!~


    Allishinca:
    The battle looks to be wrapping up as the Vulpix stumbles again, closing its eyes and shaking its head in an attempt to clear it, which renders your Sableye’s Leer ineffective. Another Poisoned Jab lands almost immediately afterwards, though, sending the fox Pokémon down, though it struggles to get back to its feet. Pluto then retreats and takes a moment to see whether he can Detect anything and ends up turning towards the doorway, ignoring the Vulpix’s attempts at standing; the wild Pokémon was obviously in no condition to continue fighting. Or your starter just didn’t think it was any danger anymore.

    Either way, just as you’re preparing to toss the Pokeball, several purple balls of fire rush into the room, a handful breaking off to hover near the ceiling, while another three bee-line straight for the Vulpix. For a moment, you think they’re more Will-o-Wisps and Codi prepares himself to cover your eyes again, but a second glance proves them to be floating candles. No, not candles; Pokémon, floating-candle-like Pokémon. One of which is hovering protectively over the now-unconscious Vulpix and glaring at you three. It begins to chatter angrily at you, saying something about how humans were uncaring and evil and should leave before they made you and how could you do such a thing to such a poor kit, Codi translates. There was also something about how the Vulpix was only trying to find a way to the top of the building to find its mother and how it wasn’t strong enough yet and how it would now have to spend a lot of time recovering and how the human really should leave before it decided to make sure it never left. One of the candles shook its head when the first one threatened you, while the other seemed to just be ignoring the rant. The others floating near the ceiling looked to be glancing between you, the one speaking, and the Vulpix on the floor.

    What will you do?



    ~!~


    Son_of_Shadows:
    Deciding to trust in Sam’s gut feeling, you and Bishop quickly slip out of the tent and head around to the back, barely catching the faints sounds of steps as the Little Ones enter on the opposite side of the area. You quietly make your way forward, keeping an eye out for the path that Angela mentioned, while listening for any ghosts that might give away your position.

    Thankfully, nothing seems to have found you when you finally reach the path, five minutes later. On the ground, white letters gleam eerily, flickering as though a candle were set behind it, though that was obviously not the case. They also seem to angle themselves, so that, no matter where you stand, you can clearly read them. One set turns left, “Ghost Kiddie Arena” shining brightly, while the other heads diagonally forward and right, “House of Mirrors” shifting to reflect a distorted image of you and Bishop. Even as you move towards the latter path, another shape begins to form in the reflection, one that takes on the shape of a child. A rather familiar child who smirks at you.

    Didn’t I tell you that I’d find you?

    The question is barely audible, but you definitely recognize the voice. Spinning around and preparing to battle again, you find nothing there. No ghost child, no army of Little Ones, no giant mass of a ghost bearing down on you. You glance back at the white words on the ground. You and Bishop are alone again in the mirror.

    Shaken, but determined, you continue on to the House of Mirrors, the faint sounds of the searching ghostly children becoming fainter the further you go. It sounds like Sam was right about the Little Ones wanting to keep close to the Wall. By the time you reach your destination, the only sounds are the ones you and Bishop make, as you enter the attraction.

    A wave of cold air washes over you when you enter, forcing Bishop to grip your shoulder tightly to stop himself from flying back out. The first thing you notice is, of course, your reflection in the mirror placed directly opposite the entrance. At least, there doesn’t seem to be anything weird about this reflection, though you get the feeling that that will change as you move further into the building, looking for whatever it was that Sam had had a feeling about.

    Again, a form coalesces in the mirror and the leader child stares questioningly at you through the reflective surface, even though you can feel the darkly mocking undertone in his gaze. Now why would you come here? There’s nothing here and you won’t be able to hide forever. You’ll have to stop sometime… His voice trails off as footsteps reach your ears and his smirk returns. And now you have nowhere to run. His image in the mirror fades away, while the footsteps approach, now seeming to pick up speed, as though their owner knew exactly where he wanted to go.

    Your gaze is then drawn gently to the left where a path quickly becomes apparent. An escape route, as it were, if you’d rather not face off against whoever was currently approaching. Or you could stay and see who was on their way.

    What will you do?



    ~!~


    Missingno. Master:
    Where other trainers and their Pokémon would be unnerved by the atmosphere and the invisible presences focused on the newcomers, you and your Gastly pay almost no mind to the purple haze lazily drifting around as the two of you happily chat away, before deciding to head over to the Kiddie Arenas. You take a moment to teach Chuck Thunderbolt and then head further into the park, looking around for an arena.

    Instead, you quickly come across an old, faded map of the park, the images barely visible through the dirty plastic. Interestingly enough, though, seventeen clear, color-coded marks shine up from the map, bright and almost new-looking. Examining the map, you note the locations of all the spots: a trio of pink, black, and red in the direction of the Sideshow Alley; another three of a light gray-purple, blue, and green near the Mantine Mania; a royal purple and silver pair around the Rollerquaza; an orange, yellow, and tan trio near the Ghost Train; a light icy blue and sepia duo over at Salty Sam’s Pirate Ship; yellow-green and purple at the Merry-Go-Round; lavender and pale gray at the Circus Tent. As you watch, the light gray-purple and lavender dots dim, while the other fifteen seem to glow brighter. The purple one near the Merry-Go-Round, in particular, flickers wildly to catch your attention.

    What will you do?



    ~!~


    OkikuMew:
    After fighting off your apprehension of the park and finding your way to the Fortune Teller’s Tent, you call out your Spheal to accompany you as you enter the tent, preparing just in case something were to happen. You duck into the tent, giggling at your Pokémon’s gentlemanly air, as he rolls inside himself, the two of you glancing around your new surroundings.

    There isn’t really much to see, though, as the walls are bare. A deep purple cloth edged in gold covers a table in the center of the tent with two chairs set facing each other. Both seats are empty. Oddly enough, it seems the fortune teller isn’t in right now, though a lantern flickers from its spot on the edge of the table.

    You linger for a few more moments, thinking she may return soon, but no one shows up. Disappointed, you turn to go and freeze when you get the sense that you are suddenly not alone anymore. You quickly glance back at the table and jump when you notice the young lady now sitting on the other side of the table. She smiles kindly once you turn your attention to her, blue eyes seeming to see right through you as she motions for you to take a seat.

    “Hello there,” she says, still smiling as she sets her elbows on the table, laces her fingers together, and rests her chin on them. “You seem to have gone way out of your way to come see me. I’m flattered.” She then tilts her head to the side, her voice taking on a curious tone. “Was there something you wanted me to help you with?” She sounds nice enough, but something warns you take care with this individual.

    What will you do?



    ~!~


    fishyfool/seakittenyfool:
    Determined to uncover or unravel your past, you head straight for the little tent said to be the Fortune Teller’s place of business, ignoring the few presences you pass by on your way there. They, however, are curious about you, especially at the way you don’t seem to notice them at all, and silently follow you to the Fortune Teller’s door, waiting outside as you slowly enter.

    You briefly glance around the space, noting the bare walls and the deep purple cloth edged with gold covering the table, before you turn your attention to the woman sitting behind the table. She stares at you, as though trying to see beyond the present, her blue eyes not quite seeming to focus on you, before she shakes her head and appears to return to the current time.

    “Fate certainly has not been kind to you, has it?” she murmurs rhetorically, motioning for you take a seat as she continues speaking. “That you are still moving forward despite everything…” she trails off, eyeing you for several moments, before moving on.

    “Why did you search me out?” she asks, never moving her gaze from yours as she sets an elbow on the table and rests her head on her hand. “And how do you think I may be able to help you?” She pauses. “What exactly are you looking for by coming here?”

    What will you do?

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
    Missingno. Master:
    Where other trainers and their Pokémon would be unnerved by the atmosphere and the invisible presences focused on the newcomers, you and your Gastly pay almost no mind to the purple haze lazily drifting around as the two of you happily chat away, before deciding to head over to the Kiddie Arenas. You take a moment to teach Chuck Thunderbolt and then head further into the park, looking around for an arena.

    Instead, you quickly come across an old, faded map of the park, the images barely visible through the dirty plastic. Interestingly enough, though, seventeen clear, color-coded marks shine up from the map, bright and almost new-looking. Examining the map, you note the locations of all the spots: a trio of pink, black, and red in the direction of the Sideshow Alley; another three of a light gray-purple, blue, and green near the Mantine Mania; a royal purple and silver pair around the Rollerquaza; an orange, yellow, and tan trio near the Ghost Train; a light icy blue and sepia duo over at Salty Sam’s Pirate Ship; yellow-green and purple at the Merry-Go-Round; lavender and pale gray at the Circus Tent. As you watch, the light gray-purple and lavender dots dim, while the other fifteen seem to glow brighter. The purple one near the Merry-Go-Round, in particular, flickers wildly to catch your attention.

    What will you do?
    As Keith walked further into the park, Chuck by his side, they came across what appeared to be an old, faded map of the park.

    "What have we here," Keith remarked as he noticed the clear color-coded marks, shining up from the map, their bright, new appearances in stark contrast to the filthy appearance of the rest of the map.

    "Seventeen of them," Chuck remarked, studying the map. "One for each type, it seems."

    "Hey- check out that one," Keith said suddenly, pointing at the the purple mark near the Merry-Go-Round. While some marks were fading and others seemed to be getting brighter, this one was flickering wildly.

    "Hm," the Gastly said. "My guess is someone or something wants us to head there."

    "Yeah, but for what?" Keith asked. "Could be a trap."

    "Might not be," replied Chuck. "You never can tell, not just from something like this."

    Keith shrugged. "Fair enough. Let's get moving, see what awaits us there." With that, Keith and Chuck set off, intent on reaching the spot indicated on the map by the flickering purple mark.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
    Ex-Admiral Insane:
    Beginning to lose trust in the twins, you approach your starter, calling out to him to make sure he’s alright. He visibly perks up, still looking around, though his gaze passes right over your position without pause. He begins to look a little frustrated that he can’t seem to find you, even though he knows you’re nearby. Once you get close enough, you reach out to shake him, but, to your shock, you see your very-solid-looking hand pass right through your Ralts, the Pokémon flinching back and shivering at the action. The little girl who’d giggled at the expression on Rags’ face earlier bursts into laughter at your current expression, the child’s laughter ringing in the air. A grin stretches across the face of the twin who’d followed you up to your starter, apparently finding nothing wrong with you passing straight through another solid object.

    Y-your fa-ace looks so-oo fun-ny ri-ght no-w, the little girl says through her laughter, though she really can’t seem to stop.

    The other one nods enthusiastically, beginning to giggle a little. Whenever we find someone new to play with, they always make some funny face when they go through things. We can’t figure out why when everyone we know can do it, but it always makes her laugh a lot.

    Rags looks really confused now, most likely from picking up the twins’ amusement and your reaction. He glances around uneasily, seeming to waver in his certainty that you are nearby after you pass through him, but he seems to have picked up on something else. The Feeling Pokémon glances warily at another tent-made alley, even as the grinning little girl repeats her question.

    So, you’ll play with us now, right?

    What will you do?
    Lucas stared, stunned, at his hand. The same hand that had just scared his pokémon away when it entered and exited it him at the same time. No noticeable wounds or holes in either of them. Only a frightened Ralts that still didn't notice the, now three, ghosts.

    He still stood shocked before looking back at the two girls. He was lost in thought and though he could hear the two talking to him, all of it seemed to simply wash over him. What he could hear though, was laughter. Almost menacing to his ears. Mocking him.

    The girl's continued chuckling before they spoke again. There was one sentence that caught his attention.

    So, you'll play with us now, right?

    He lifted his head at them before looking back down.
    Panicking on the inside, he started to talk to himself again.

    The game? I've been stalling for quite some time now. What are the odds that it's connected to... this?
    Probably higher than you'd expect.
    So I should probably play along and then get the hell out of here.


    This time, his lips were moving with every word making it slightly apparent that he was talking to himself. For outsiders, it might have looked like his spectral state was affecting his sanity, but the young man was slightly chaotic to begin with. His panicking didn't help his decision making either.

    Don't lose sight of Rags, he told himself.

    He looked in the direction that his Ralts just walked to, trying to memorize which alley it was. He turned towards the two little girls again. First he needed to entertain these two. They don't seem to know why or how people turn into ghosts. They still didn't seem to understand that they were ghosts.

    "So what game are we playing?"

    Don't make them suspicious.

    "Oh, but it looks like Rags won't join then. I hope that's fine?"

    Lucas stomach almost twisted. He was uncertain whether joining in a game with ghosts was the best course of action. He was clinging to hope that it might just be a regular children's game of tag or hide and seek. But his doubts were overwhelming his hope. He swallowed once more, trying to pay actual attention to what the spectres had to say.
    Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 20th January 2013 at 11:35 PM.

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
    Son_of_Shadows:
    Deciding to trust in Sam’s gut feeling, you and Bishop quickly slip out of the tent and head around to the back, barely catching the faints sounds of steps as the Little Ones enter on the opposite side of the area. You quietly make your way forward, keeping an eye out for the path that Angela mentioned, while listening for any ghosts that might give away your position.

    Thankfully, nothing seems to have found you when you finally reach the path, five minutes later. On the ground, white letters gleam eerily, flickering as though a candle were set behind it, though that was obviously not the case. They also seem to angle themselves, so that, no matter where you stand, you can clearly read them. One set turns left, “Ghost Kiddie Arena” shining brightly, while the other heads diagonally forward and right, “House of Mirrors” shifting to reflect a distorted image of you and Bishop. Even as you move towards the latter path, another shape begins to form in the reflection, one that takes on the shape of a child. A rather familiar child who smirks at you.

    Didn’t I tell you that I’d find you?

    The question is barely audible, but you definitely recognize the voice. Spinning around and preparing to battle again, you find nothing there. No ghost child, no army of Little Ones, no giant mass of a ghost bearing down on you. You glance back at the white words on the ground. You and Bishop are alone again in the mirror.

    Shaken, but determined, you continue on to the House of Mirrors, the faint sounds of the searching ghostly children becoming fainter the further you go. It sounds like Sam was right about the Little Ones wanting to keep close to the Wall. By the time you reach your destination, the only sounds are the ones you and Bishop make, as you enter the attraction.

    A wave of cold air washes over you when you enter, forcing Bishop to grip your shoulder tightly to stop himself from flying back out. The first thing you notice is, of course, your reflection in the mirror placed directly opposite the entrance. At least, there doesn’t seem to be anything weird about this reflection, though you get the feeling that that will change as you move further into the building, looking for whatever it was that Sam had had a feeling about.

    Again, a form coalesces in the mirror and the leader child stares questioningly at you through the reflective surface, even though you can feel the darkly mocking undertone in his gaze. Now why would you come here? There’s nothing here and you won’t be able to hide forever. You’ll have to stop sometime… His voice trails off as footsteps reach your ears and his smirk returns. And now you have nowhere to run. His image in the mirror fades away, while the footsteps approach, now seeming to pick up speed, as though their owner knew exactly where he wanted to go.

    Your gaze is then drawn gently to the left where a path quickly becomes apparent. An escape route, as it were, if you’d rather not face off against whoever was currently approaching. Or you could stay and see who was on their way.

    What will you do?

    Oh dear. It was a trap. Of course it was a trap, it was always a trap, why hadn't he seen this coming?He'd been ready to fight of course, but the leader child's image had disappeared from the mirror with an icy smirk. Had he really just been about to have Bishop Air Slash a mirror image? That would be a really stupid way to gain seven years' bad luck. Not that he had much of it anyway... He turned his mind to the child, who had asked why he'd come here and asserted that there was absolutely nothing for him to find, and he was only condemning himself to certain death. Wasn't he always though? But this only made Joshua the more suspicious. "Nothing here? Somehow Bishop, I doubt him very much. Start scanning this area as best you can with your Foresight ability."

    He paused. Was this really the best idea, with an army potentially descending on him? It looked like he had a potential escape route to his left after all... But no, he was confident in his ability to handle this. Besides. He had a backup plan. Even so, he gripped a Pokéball in hand, ready to defend himself. Who could reliably face down a horde of ghosts though? Aegis? Cloudy? Livewire? Voltron? All of them together? None of them at all? He really wasn't too sure... I should probably invest in a Dark type at some point... But no matter what, he was going to stand his ground in this case. Hopefully Bishop would find whatever was here quickly...
    Last edited by Son_of_Shadows; 20th January 2013 at 9:36 PM.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    in ur chatus, huantin ur stuf
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Rollerquaza: The largest rollercoaster in the park, this ride is designed around the legendary Pokémon Rayquaza and its home, the Sky Pillar of the Hoenn region. The highest peak of the ride reaches, much like the Pokémon itself, high into the clouds above the fog shrouding the park. The final drop leading the rider to a darkened tunnel where people have apparently gone missing for days at a time, reporting a bizarre force as they plunged deep into the shadows.
    (I'm hoping there's room here for another, but if there isn't please just ignore this post and my bonehead mistake)

    "Yeesh," Drew muttered glancing around at his surroundings. "When the Candidate called about writing an article about a ghost park, I didn't think they were talking literally."

    The only reply was the soft hiss of the snake wrapped around his neck.

    Glancing around at the deserted tents and eerie rides cloaked in fog, Drew mused inwardly how strange his morning had gone thus far. Like most mornings it had started normally enough. He woke up at his normal time (7:23 exactly) and went about his morning routine, feeding all the Pokémon who shared his apartment with him and making sure no newspapers or magazines had contacted him during the night before finally settling into his office to spend a good several hours working on his book. Then, just as he began typing, the phone rang and everything went weird. The call itself wasn't weird, no; the Castelia Candidate was a respectable enough newspaper, so it wasn't much odd to have them call Drew given his profession as a freelance journalist. No, the weird part was what they wanted Drew to write about: a new theme park known as the "Phantom Isle." After being offered free transport and lodging, not to mention twice his usual fees, Drew saw no reason to turn them down, which was how, only a few hours later, he found himself standing in what seemed to be a deserted, creepy-*** park.

    "Dammit," Drew muttered as he thought he saw something move in one of the many shadows lining the park. "I should've known this would be a bad idea, even if it could pay for my rent for the next few months."

    Laying limply around Drew's neck in his favorite coiling spot; Drew's Ekans, Salazar, merely rolled his eyes at his trainers words and attempted to catch some z's, nevertheless slightly on edge as well from the spooky surroundings.

    "Ugh, I guess I should go try to get this over with," Drew finally said after a few more minutes of silence. Looking up at the silhouette of the huge rollercoaster towering over the park, he nodded to himself and started walking toward it. "That might as well be as good a place to start as any."

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default Stay, illusion! If thou hast any sound, or use a voice. Speak to me.

    Meetan - The strange, shimmering lights that approach on the horizon capture Alice's attention almost immediately. The soft, purple glow has a mesmerizing effect, but Torchic is quick to break Alice out of her reverie. Realizing quickly that her priority should be on the battle as opposed to the pretty, shiny lights that have yet to reach them, Alice calls out her orders to Torchic, and the little bird immediately flies into action with a brutal Low Kick. Lashing out with enough grace and force to make Chun Li jealous, the little bird kicks the Liepard right in the chest, nearly knocking the breath right out of the mother Pokemon. She reels backward, her eyes filled with shock at the Torchic's capabilities, but she is not about to start licking her wounds now, especially in the face of the trainer that took away her baby! She raises her paw and attempts to Scratch her fiery tormenter in retaliation, but the Torchic dodges out of the way in top form, lifting himself up in the air with a well-timed Bounce. The Liepard Growls with frustration, but Torchic does not seem to hear, having bounced so high up in the air. The landing, however, is not quite so spectacular as his last move... He comes falling down right next to the Torchic, hitting the ground with a thud. Though he does not take damage from the fall, he is dazed enough that the Liepard is able to take advantage of the situation, concentrating her anger into a Slash attack that rips across poor Torchic's back. Torchic responds to the move with a very special move that he had learned at Eastertime, after being given a very hot cross bun by his trainer... The special Crossfire attack looks very similar to the fighting move cross chop, but with an added bit of flaming goodness. The Liepard tries to dodge the heavy flames, but still ends up getting her tail and hind quarters singed, the smell of burned hair coming off strongly from the injury. Unfortunately for Torchic and Alice, the burn does not seem to have gone through to the skin, though clearly some solid damage has been done. Liepard tries to get some Assurance that the battle will go her way, but the dark display of disdain is deftly dodged by the adroit defender (alliteration is awesome!)

    As the battle rages on, Alice calls out to Rapid, urging her to look at the lights that were approaching. Though the remaining Houndoom from the pack that had pursued them latch onto Rapid's legs and viciously gnaw at them, desperately trying to bite through the metal, Rapid is completely mesmerized by the lights, her mechanical eyes focused on their approach. Though they are not moving fast, they do appear to be getting gradually larger and brighter as time goes on.

    "Alice, darlin'... I don't like the look'a those lights..." The mechanical head tilts with an uneasy curiosity, which would normally be an adorable little gesture were it not so robotic. "They look familiar t'me... Like I seen 'em before..." Rapid takes a step toward the lights, but suddenly shakes her head violently, as if awakening out of a trance. She violently Thrashes off the remaining Houndoom, and charges over to Alice, something in her normally expressionless eyes seeming oddly panicked.

    "We gotta hurry, puddin'... You finish up with this mean mother hubbard, and then we're runnin'. I dunno where... but we gotta get away from those things!" A mechanical, high-pitched whinny echoes forth from within the possessed merry-go-round horse, strongly indicating her unease. "Them candle varmints is nothin' but trouble!"

    What will Alice do?


    Shadowshocker - Since heavy explosives and brute force were not the best ideas for breaking down this wall, Shadow tries a more subtle approach, calling out his trusty Ferroseed to perform some tactical demolitions. He orders his metal-coated friend to use the Spikes which cover his body to embed himself into the wall, as a Ferroseed in the wild would likely do to cave walls in order to absorb minerals. Durin wastes no time performing a task with which he is very familiar, launching himself head-on into the wall, spikes poised to absorb nutrients from the wood. Of course, the durian-like creature finds little nutritional value in the mysterious wall in which he attaches himself, but with spider-cracks already forming a sort of halo around Durin from the initial impact, it is clear that Shadow's plan is already beginning to work. Durin plants a Leech Seed into the wall, which does not seem very effective against the inanimate wall... Untill the roots of the seed thread themselves into the wall for a better hold. This spreads the cracks a tiny bit, but not quite enough. Durin finally detaches himself from the wall, admiring his handiwork for a moment before firing off another round of Spikes into the wall, which stick in various places, creating weak points wherever they land.

    Finally, after Durin finishes with his orders, Scherza (somewhat appropriately) quotes the famed one-eyed Scottish cyclops demolitionist; though it is unclear whether Scherza would consider herself to be on the Red Team or the Blue Team, she certainly takes her role to heart, pecking at the wall a grand total of 5 times with her Fury Attack. Though each peck on its own is not sufficient to break down the wall, the five in succession at various points create enough of a hole that Scherza, Durin and Dahlia will have no trouble fitting through at all. Pyrrhos, who is eager to discover the source of the mysterious wall in the Hotel, squeezes his chandelier-esque appendages tightly to himself, and manages to work his way through the hole to the other side. Merle, as if struck by a sudden realization, phases her way through the door to meet Pyrrhos on the other side. Pyrrhos gives the ghostly Merle an indignant look.

    "I could have done that if I want to, you know... I just wanted to wait for Shadow!" Pyrrhos looks to Shadow from the other side of the hole, a grin on his face. "Would you like me to help make this hole a little wider, or shall we scout out this place while your Pokemon chip away some more of the wall? Would not want them getting injured by an ambush, after all." Pyrrhos chuckles a bit, though Merle clearly looks concerned.

    "Do you think there will be an ambush? Oh, I hope not..." Merle shudders, likely remembering the cause of her own death.

    "That's the thing about ambushes, Merle. You can't predict them." Pyrrhos sighs. "At any rate, we can hold our own if you'd like to catch up with us, or we can spend some time helping you finish breaking down the wall. It is up to you, sir."

    What will Shadow decide?


    Balmund - With reality bearing down hard on Balmund, now was not the time for pretending. He had to move quickly before the strange Dusknoir dragged Kaida back to the Ghost Train... and to her untimely fate. He calls out his two most trusted partners, the serpents Vega and Orchrist. A creature of no hesitation or resistance to tearing creatures apart for her beloved trainer, the lady Seviper takes the first turn, Crunching down on that Dusknoir closest to Kaida. William immediately pulls Kaida towards him and away from the lunging Seviper, screaming "WHAT THE HELL," before realizing that the Seviper seemed to be biting down on something, whether or not he could see it... and the sudden attack seems to have snapped Kaida out of her tears, as she clapped excitedly at the sight of a powerful snakelike creature such as Orchrist.

    "I want one, Daddy," she chirps happily. "She could be Dino's friend!" William does not seemed altogether thrilled at the proposition of having a giant snake around his daughter, though he is distracted by the sight of Vega visibly cringing... It seems as if he has been hit by something, though no Pokemon is around to have done so. Of course, Balmund is able to see the quick-moving Dusknoir Shadow Punching Vega, taking intiative that one second faster than Vega did.

    "What... what is going on..." William grits his teeth, trying not to appear afraid in front of his daughter. After all, he was the one who was supposed to protect her from all harm, yet he was powerless against whatever invisible menace seems to be surrounding them. He hears something... He is not sure what... cry out in pain, but this time, even Balmund is confused. The Dusknoir who had attacked Vega suddenly cries out, cradling his hand which bears the mark of tiny bite marks. Had Dino slipped out and gotten a bite in edgewise...? No, Dino was still being cradled tightly by his young trainer. It seems as if these particular Dusknoir have invisible demons of their own, but where could that little bite have come from...? Whatever it was, Balmund couldn't help but shake the feeling that it had been following him for longer than he realized. Ignoring the odd phenomenon for now, Balmund cries out to William using his name, telling him not to let go of his precious daughter and for Kurth to Fly the pair out of harm's way as fast and as far as he can. Kurth wastes no time preparing to take off, and though the profoundly confused William cries out, "Hey, wait-" he is cut off by Kurth's ascent into the skies, taking the father and daughter father and farther away from the invisible battle and from Balmund's vision. Hopefully, if anything were to happen, Kurth and William's Haxorus would be able to handle the situation. At least Balmund could trust that William and his daughter would be well-protected.

    Vega tries to retailiate against the Dusknoir who had punched him by a vicious Crunch of his own, biting nothing but air as the Dusknoir he targets phases at just the right time to avoid contact. The other Dusknoir seems intent on Payback for the terrible injury he sustained at the jaws of Chris, but the Seviper is too quick for the angry ghost, nimbly springing out of the way of the attack, dodging in such a way that her tail is in perfect position for a nasty Poison Tail. Unfortunately, she is less lucky with this attack, as the Dusknoir moves out of the way before the Seviper can make contact. The Dusknoir that Vega is facing once again cries out, and swats at something invisible that seems to be tormenting him. He spends his turn crying out to someone or something, and though Balmund cannot sense exactly who is being called out to, the sky begins to darken dramatically, as if an oncoming rainstorm threatened to ruin the otherwise perfect day at the Park... Something seems amiss, but Balmund does not figure it out right away, instead trying to divide his focus between the battle and the sky. Fortunately, in that moment of crying out, the Dusknoir is distracted, and Vega's attempt at using Poison Tail is decidedly more successful as a result. Though not a very effective attack against the ghostly Dusknoir, it still manages to do a decent amount of damage given the potency of Vega's poison. The other Dusknoir still seems intent on revenge, though its Payback is far more effective this time, and the rage seems to add extra power to the dark attack, causing Chris to involuntarily hiss out in pain. Behind Chris, Balmund suddenly notices that the nearby people surrounding the ghost train have gone completely still.... deadly still. Balmund realizes that it is not only the people who have stopped moving, but the rides, the lights, the sounds... Everything was at a complete standstill. It was... it was as if time had stopped. A dark, foreboding feeling stirs in the very pit of Balmund's stomach, as he looks up to the sky... Only to see that the faint dot of Kurth is still moving across the horizon. Like Balmund, the Aerodactyl had not been affected by the freeze, which likely exempted William and Kaida as well. While this does provide some comfort, the eerie stillness is almost too much to bear, and the feeling of being watched suddenly overpowers Balmund, as if a thousand eyes were focused on him, even though the frozen beings around him did not seem to notice his presence. Were the clocks still moving, he would have about thirty minutes before the infamous incident occurs in the Theme Park... Yet Balmund cannot shake the feeling that he is the one being targeted.

    How will Balmund react?


    Emp - ((I will be sure to let you know if I consider anything you write to be self-updating. I'm happy with what you've been writing so far~))

    Emp admires the dusty, weather-worn plaque, thinking back to a place that he used to call home before some bad monetary decisions forced him on the road. It was his sincere hope that the pups that surrounded him would net enough cash for him to once again live in the beautiful seaside property that was once his, allowing him to inhale the fresh, calming scent of seawater when he awoke every morning, instead of the dim, musty stench of cheap hotels and trainer hostels. They were little, fuzzy goldmines after all, and he had already seen from reading through Cable Club records and the Weekly FizzEconomist that Eevees were in high demand, usually netting 10 or so candies a pop. All he needed to do was find buyers, and he would be back in the lap of luxury once again. Of course, Wes is not so lucky finding a potential Eevee enthusiast, though he does find - much to his surprise - a strange new psychic acquaintance with an eerie little question for the destitute trainer. Tell me... If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

    Wes grasps the importance of the question immediately and swallows hard, realizing the implications of answering could be far beyond the norm with such a strange and powerful Pokemon asking the question. This was no mere small talk, and Wes was not about to divulge this information lightly. Of course, the teen realizes quickly that even if he does not say the word, the Reuniclus can likely sense his thoughts, given the fact that he has already displayed telepathic abilities. Unable to retreat into his head or shut off his brain, Wes finds his attempts not to think about his past only forces the memories to surface more quickly. The images are so crisp and distinct in Wes' mind that it was almost as if he could jump back in time to when they occurred. Wes could remember meeting Honii for the first time in the Forest of Adventure, his paws thick with sticky sweetness; how young and inexperienced the little bear had been when Wes found himself compelled to protect the little creature from a vicious Beedrill! That Teddiursa had grown to be one of Wes' strongest allies and dearest friends, and he would never consider defending him and welcoming him into his team as something he would change: not then, not now, not ever. He then reminsces about meeting trainer and lifetime friend Zak Bennet in the Safari Sector of Adventure Island where the two young men, along with their guide Sheena, fought off massive, dangerous fossil Pokemon who had mutated in the presence of a mysterious crystal which seemed to be responsible for shiny coloring and massive growth mutations in various Pokemon. Wes, Zak and Sheena managed to seal off the cave, though not without first incurring the wrath of a larger-than-life Aerodactyl, and the pair had each received a wonderful Pokemon in exchange for their participation in saving Adventure Island from the gigantic, Pokemon-eating, land-destroying monsters. While Zak had obtained a Gible, Wes had obtained a wonderful little Squirtle named Raph. How could Wes regret that adventure?

    Really, all in all, Wes had lived a wonderful life in the world of Fizzytopia, full of adventure, good friends and the most amazing Pokemon a young man could ask for. Together with his prized Pokemon, he had filled his trophy cabinets with prizes and ribbons; of course, he had to sell those cabinets and pile all those precious awards back into his trainer bag after-

    Yes. That was it. That was the answer to the question; there was no way that Wes could deny it. Recently, in a fit of youthful impulsivity, he had squandered his entire fortune, and was left destitute, wandering the streets with his Pokemon. Wes knew that many trainers happily lived this life, seeing no reason to spend precious capital on a home when there was so much traveling to do in the profession of trainer. Unfortunately, Wes's heart is full of longing for the gorgeous shores of Shell Island where his Pokemon used to swim and play before he had made some of the worst mistakes of his life. Too many spins of the Roulette table, too many bids that went way over his head, too many trips to the Coins for Prizes Boutique, where the rare and expensive items glistened and gleamed throughout the shop like baubles on a Christmas tree. Looking down at his ratty sneakers, warn from weeks of traveling on foot and the lack of means to replace them, he resolves to be honest with the strange psychic Pokemon that had decided to take residence in his gondola.

    "If I could change one thing about my life? I’d want to be rich," Wes admits. Perhaps not the most philanthropic or deep choice, but certainly an honest one. The Reuniclus seems to appreciate your honesty, nodding in response to your answer with a serene smile.

    I hope that you will find what you seek in the mist, the Reuniclus chants, a twinkle in his small, black eyes. The time is right for letting one's heart go searching. I have a wish of my own, you see... The Reuniclus audibly sighs within Wes' mind, looking out the gondola window with an expression that strikes Wes as almost melancholic. In all my years of living, being, obtaining more knowledge, there is only one thing missing that would have made my life complete-

    Before the Reuniclus can finish his musings, the windows of the gondola become thick with smoke. Despite how thoroughly sealed the windows appear, the smoke begins seeping in through the barely visible cracks, even phasing through the windows themselves, ghostlike and ethereal... Peeta cries out in alarm, running towards the window, but there is no way out of the gondola... Not without falling to one's death, anyhow. There is not much time for panicking; the smoke fills the gondola so fast that Wes does not even have time to come up with a plan of escape. The effects of inhaling the smoke are immediate, and before he can even attempt to calm his little Eevee pup down or ask the Reuniclus for clarification on this potentially deadly situation, he completely blacks out, fainted dead away.

    ---

    Wes awakens on a finely-carved marble bench in the middle of hundreds of lights, a cacophony of sounds and the overwhelming smell of alcohol and cigarettes. The feeling of seven tiny faces pressing themselves against Wes' and licking startles him into waking, as his Eevees paw at his chest, standing up on their little hind legs in order to look up at him with concern in their big, brown eyes. Wes' eyes gradually focus in on his environment, and on the green, floating blob that obscures his vision once the pups have decided to cease their licking; the face of a Solosis blinks with great curiosity before looking at Wes with recognition, telepathically issuing an eager greeting through the transmission of the image of a smiling face. Though his abilities are far less developed, and the enchanting male voice has yet to take form, Wes can't help but shake the strange feeling that the Reuniclus he encountered on the Big Wheel shared identities with the Solosis that greets him now... but what could have happened to the Reuniclus in that missed that devolved him so completely?. The cell-like creature points with his eyes toward their surroundings, which Wes can now see is no ordinary Casino... men and women in period costumes (or so Wes assumes) from the 1920s, with cigarettes in one hand and a lever in the other, gamble on various slot machines, laughing, smoking and drinking the time away. The machines are incredibly well-designed and made of only the finest materials, though they give off a rather ominous vibe with the use of blacks and reds in the color pallate and the consistent use of skull imagery on the sides and as images for the reels. Even the carved winged houndooms acting as the base of the old-timey stools glare unsettlingly at Wes, their pointed tails curled around the body of the stool looking as if they'll unwrap, the wooden legs so smooth and realistic that they may lunge at any second. At first, the Casino simply appears as a charming, eccentric nod to an old-time Casino parlor with a bit of a morbid twist, but as Wes digs his sneakered feet into the plush red carpet and stands up to get a better view of things, he begins to realize that the Casino is not all that appears on the surface. The woman at the machine closest to Wes cries out in horror as the black, wrought-iron slot machine displays three red skulls in a row, and the total under a meter labeled "LIFETIME" goes down from "2000 years" to "0". A pair of Golurk outfitted in tuxedos emerge from the shadows and forcibly grab the woman from the slot machine as she begs them for mercy, though not a shred of compassion can be seen in either of their emotionless, stony faces. She offers them the long string of pearls around her neck, the gold pin in her hat, all to no avail. The other Casino members blissfully ignore the horrific display, gambling their lives away... quite literally, it seems. The woman is dragged into the back room with one of the Golurks, as the other slams the door behind them and resumes its patrol.

    Of course, there are other slot machines, and Wes can see that there are signs pointing Casino-goers to the appropriate places; a large key is posted on the wall, which outlines all the different types of "currency" accepted at this strange place. Wes cannot help but wonder what he has gotten himself into; the Solosis, apparently having heard his thoughts, levitates an ominious-looking black card over to Wes, with the now-defunct Phantom Isle Hotel logo emblazoned in red over the black backdrop. You have obtained the Members-Only Casino Card. It seems as if the Solosis is just in time, as the Golurk on patrol approaches Wes, holding out his large hand in a silent request for proof of membership. Though the Golurk certainly appears intimidating, perhaps it could direct you to a machine that would dispense what you seek.

    How will Wes respond?


    MarbleZone - All of his life, Levin was the type to look out for his own interests first. In a selfish, cruel world full of people who only care about themselves, it made sense to look out for himself, especially if no one else would. At first, he does what Levin would do; go back on his path of getting the drinks and follow Oceanus' advice, lest he get himself into further trouble with the Jellicent and/or Ruby. Even if the beautiful Calandra was in danger, and her uncle had nearly been eaten for dinner, why should he concern himself? It was not as though he got either of them into this mess... Indeed, their own choices had sealed their fates, independent of his influence. Crix had different ideas, resolutely disobeying his trainer for the sake of Calandra and her uncle, his eyes communicating a strong inner morality that stuck him to the ground beside the fat man. Despite Levin's normal, logical thought processes, the doubts begin setting in... Did Calandra truly deserve to die just because she wanted to sing on stage? Simply because she trusted Orfeo, and wanted an audience that wouldn't be brutally murdered by her voice? Even if it was far from his obligation to help her, there was a pang in his heart that could not be denied. Yes, he had helped the fat man, and with the Exploud's intervention, the pair were even now, in Levin's eyes... but there was something distinctly unfair about such small errors in judgment leading to such horrible consequences, as Wallace had learned at the hands of Lady Morgane. Had the fat man taken just a second longer to call out his trusted Pokemon...

    Letting Crix convince him to take the more honorable path, even if it potentially led to his demise, Wallace resolves that he has work to do. Levin goes on to thank his partner for opening his eyes to what is truly important; indeed, though the little Elekid had grown so much under Levin's care, Crix was helping Levin grow as a trainer, as well. Oceanus, sighing heavily, anticipates Levin's words before they even come out of his mouth. After listening to Levin's assertion that Ruby will likely do all he can to prevent him from getting a reward and that Calandra's life was more important than adhering to his duties, Oceanus nods solomnly, heading to the kitchen to go get the drinks himself.

    "It's your funeral," he mutters as he struts away, clenching his fists and gritting his teeth as if holding in anger and irritation. Without further hesitation, Levin orders Crix to perform a series of Thundershocks on the awful Lady Morgane, while urging the fat man to look for an opening as soon as he can, unless he just so happens to have some intel that will help him.

    "Just cover your ears. You too... Crix, was it?" The heavyset fellow grins at the Elekid, clearly having taken a liking already to the little electric Pokemon. Elekid follows the order while utilizing its Thundershock against the Lady, which courses through her big pink body with super-effective force. As the Elekid covers his ears (and presumably Levin as well), the man and his Exploud Yawn in unison with incredible force, and Levin is immediately reminded of Calandra and her strange singing ability. Perhaps the ability to use one's voice as a weapon ran in the family somehow... Either way, all the other Pokemon in the room start yawning themselves, the catchy nature of the yawn subconsciously filling all the Jellicent in the room with the desire to take a nice, long, leisurely nap. Even Oceanus seems to yawn a bit after hearing the pair, his ghostly shoulders drooping with fatigue. When it is safe to uncover their ears, Levin and Crixus do so, only to have the heavy man tell them, "Focus on that pink one. She looks stronger than the others. We'll deal with the rest." With that statement, the two of you engage in separate battles for the moment.

    Lady Morgane laughs condescendingly at the Elekid, her heart-shaped mouth distorted into a smirk. "That is the best you can do, you filthy little commoner??" Crix, undeterred by the Lady's harsh words, tries to let loose another Thundershock, but the vicious pink jellyfish dodges out of the way, Recovering from the damage she took initially! "Insipid fool," she taunts, Absorbing some of Crix's energy, despite the fact that she had healed what damage she had taken... Perhaps it was fitting of a creature who lived such an excessive, indulgent life to recover far more HP than was necessary. Levin could tell that she was trying to make a point; no matter how much damage Crix doled out, she could compensate for it... and more. "You can't... *Yawn* win against me..." The tired Lady Morgane yawns in spite of herself; it seems as if the tactic was beginning to work.

    As long as Crix can survive the time it takes for Lady Morgane to fall asleep, he and Levin should be free and clear to escape while the Jellicent are sleeping. That said, Lady Morgane does not look pleased at all, and though she wasted a turn last round to be a bully, it seems as if she is only just warming up...

    How will Levin and Crix respond?


    poketim2 - Brier notices the condition that the gigantic Goldeen is in; despite the capacity for this overgrown goldfish to do some incredible damage, even in its weakened state, Brier resolves to approach the flailing monstrosity. Before he can address the Goldeen, however, Brier takes it upon himself to offer aid to his strange new battle partners, Marcus and Suoni. Making his way over to Marcus, he kneels down on the ground, reaching into his pack for some healing items. He advises that the trainer take Suoni away from the island to avoid further damage, while giving Marcus a couple of berries so that his Pokemon may be healed from the damage it took. Marcus gives Brier a confused, somewhat angry look when Brier offers the berries; looking down at his hand, Brier can see that the normally colorful, cheery looking berries have taken on an awful black tint, and look highly unappetizing. The shiny Jirachi catches on quick, realizing that Brier is unaware of what he has just offered to Marcus. "Those berries are bad news in our world. One Lum is enough to kill a fully-grown Tyranitar. Only authorized trainers can carry them because they're so toxic."

    "Marc, Marcus Marc," Marcus chimes in, looking decidedly less angry now that he realizes that Brier was only trying to help.

    "Marcus says you should hang on to those," Suoni translates. "Even if they won't help me... You might still need them at some point." The Jirachi visibly winces and clutches his side as he speaks, his injuries making their presence known in his body. With a pained expression, Marcus gingerly picks up his friend; he gives a quick nod to Brier, and follows his advice, making his way towards the water. Observing the suffering of his newfound friends kindles a spark in Brier's eyes, determination burning within him as he sets down his backpack and prepares to slide down the side of the crater into the very midst of the battle, Pokeball in hand. He calls out his orders to Jitterz, and the little Joltik immediately has misgivings about his trainer's approach, asking him if he is sure that he should come closer. Brier reassures his buzzing partner that he will be fine as long as the Joltik follows his orders and keeps the Goldeen distracted. Jitterz, unable to hide his concern, urges his trainer to be careful, commenting quietly to himself that something really seems to have gotten into Brier for him to be acting so recklessly. Jitterz had never seen him quite so passionate and full of fire, and yet he remembered how kind and selfless he could be in the past for injured Pokemon, traveling long distances to get them the appropriate care, reading Pokemon Center lobby magazines from cover to cover waiting for word on the Pokemon's health... even spending nights sleeping on the uncomfortable cots provided for trainers staying overnight in the Center, just to make sure that the creatures he had rescued were recovering and being reunited with their original trainers. There was no way that Brier could witness suffering and not be motivated to do something about it. Brier's partner reasons that if he is willing to put so much at risk for the sake of others, then he should do his best to help him.

    With these thoughts in mind, Jitterz charges forward, unleashing a powerful Charge Beam at the mega-Goldeen. The gigantic fish anticipates the Joltik's move, having seen him use it before, and manages to roll out of the way just enough to avoid a full-on hit, though his belly is side-swiped painfully. In a last-ditch effort to gain the upper hand, the Goldeen glows for a moment, before performing an energy-draining Flail by smashing its entire body against the crater, which creates a shock wave so powerful that Jitterz is knocked backwards at least fifty feet, his body slamming into the back of the crater. Even with his abnormal strength and resilience in the Mirror World, the hit is an incredibly painful one for the poor little Pokemon, who is only barely able to pull himself out of the little Joltik-sized hole the impact created in the rock, and stand on his own four feet. Meanwhile, Brier's stomach drops as the shockwave knocks him off balance mid-slide and sends him tumbling the rest of the way down the cliff, landing painfully on one of his legs with such a force that an audible crack can be heard as the bones fracture. Brier cries out from the sudden shock of the impact, and though Jitterz is compelled to help his trainer, he knows in the back of his mind that the best help he can give right now is to take down the Goldeen to prevent Brier from being hurt further. Despite the pain that the Joltik is experiencing, he fires off another Charge Beam in retaliation for what the Goldeen has done to his trainer; this time, the beam makes a direct hit, destroying what remaining hope the Goldeen had of winning the battle. The creature's body finally goes limp after losing energy from the last-ditch flail and the final super-effective hit. Level up for Jitterz.

    Upon losing consciousness, the giant Goldeen suddenly begins glowing with a bright, white light; the glow begins to shrink, becoming smaller and smaller until the formerly Godzilla-esque creature is reduced to a normal-sized Goldeen. At its current size, the poor thing looks less like a monster and more like a vulnerable young Pokemon who happened to be afforded incredible strength by this strange world. Still, it was strange how the Goldeen had changed sizes so ubruptly upon losing consciousness... Was this the effect of some sort of strange Mirror World law, or was something more sinister going on, here?

    Despite the pain that Jitterz is in from being slammed by the horrible flail attack, he still rushes over to his partner, concerned for his safety. With Suomi and Marcus having crossed the river, they likely have no idea that Brier is injured and in need of help. He would need to get their attention if he wanted them to give him some aid... Or he would need to find a way to crawl back out of this hole himself.

    What will Brier and Jitterz do?


    Dark Searchman - As Hyrem's physical vision becomes more and more impaired, the laughter resonating within his mind becomes more and more clear, like a radio dial being turned to hone in on an exact station. With this clarity comes an onslaught of hazy mental imagery... At first, all Hyrem can make out are various colors and shades, the beginnings of thoughts that run together, as if in a dream; the blinding pain from Hyrem's eyes shakes him out of it, and he screams in tortured agony, feeling as if tiny claws were pulling Hyrem's eyes out of their sockets. No matter how terrible the pain becomes, however, Hyrem stays strong for his Pokemon; after all, if he let the pain take over and gave up the fight, all hope would most certainly be lost. Despite his blurred vision, he can see the horrific zap cannon electrify the pink Frillish. Delilah, distracted with concern for her friend and battle partner, is also hit hard by an attack that Hyrem can't miss; this time, a colorful aurora beam that manages to get the Chinchou's light flickering despite her type advantage.

    The ominous future sight attack hangs heavy in the air; despite not being psychic himself, even Hyrem can feel the weight of it bearing down, the inevitable attack pushing Hyrem to act fast. The male Frillish immediately jumps into action, unleashing a mighty Waterfall in an attempt to distract the eyes on the wall. Unfortunately, a number of eyes seem to anticipate the Frillish's attack, blinking with their mechanical eyelids just in time to avoid major damage. Only a few eyes are destroyed from the torrent of water as a result. Even so, the attack certainly gets the eyes' attention, and they focus on the male Frillish with another Zap Cannon; this time, however, the Frillish is quick on his feet, and dodges the concentrated beam with an agile burst from his tentacles. Meanwhile, Hyrem uses the opportunity to attempt to heal Delilah and the male Frillish's sister; he reaches out with his berries in an attempt to give them both the appropriate berry for their wounds. Hyrem's Chinchou is quick to consume her berry, which seems to bring a bit of light back to her antennae and life back into her eyes, but the poor paralyzed Frillish is slow to approach Hyrem due to her condition. In the moments Hyrem reaches out to the Frillish to try and deliver her berry, The Harvester, full of rage at Hyrem's attempts to undo the damage she and her eyes had done, immediately begins to Glare at him... before Hyrem can even react, however, he feels himself being shoved away in the nick of time by Delilah! Fortunately, both human and Pokemon avoid the effects of the glare, and Delilah is able to escort the Frillish over to Hyrem, gently helping her consume the berry to heal her paralysis. Though the pink jellyfish Pokemon is still heavily damaged, she at least would be better able to dodge any attacks that might come her way. Speaking of which...

    The ground begins to shake, as the ominous Future Sight manifests in the form of a brilliant white light that engulfs the pair of Frillish and Delilah. The male Frillish appears to be hit hardest by the attack, as he cries out in pain; it seems as if most of the eyes were focusing on him when they decided to perform the devastating attack, and he reels back from the blast, but remains strong despite the terrible damage. Delilah squeaks out, clearly upset by the attack, but thankfully stays fighting fit despite the onslaught, as well. Though the pink Frillish tries to move out of the way, the blinding light seems somehow attached to her very being, and moves with her no matter where she goes. The attack is not as powerful as what her brother was forced to endure, but it is strong enough to knock her to the floor of the Harvester's lair, her body limp as a rag doll's. The male Frillish cries out to his sister and urges her to get up in Frillish language, but it's no use; she is out cold. Female Frillish is KOed.

    The Harvester notices that the pink Frillish is out for the count, and makes her way over to the unconscious Pokemon, a wide grin spreading across her face. The male Frillish tries to intercept the Harvester before she can lay a hand on his sister, but the eyes are intent on stopping him; they unleash a Signal Beam at the Frillish in an attempt to prevent him from reaching the Harvester, but he Dodges deftly out of the way. Delilah, who also fears for her pink friend's life, makes a beeline over to the Harvester, blocking her path. The male Frillish joins Delilah's side, crying out in Frillish language, I won't let you hurt her any more! The vicious Harvester Locks On to the male Frillish, responding in human speech; "Your insolence has been noted."

    The moment the Harvester speaks, the colorful visions that had previously haunted Hyrem's mind return, only with higher focus... It is as if memories of his life are once flashing before his very eyes, as they did when he was first infected with the disease that was gradually transforming him into a mindless zombie. He sees himself obtaining his very first Pokemon, a Treecko named Trick... Wait, that's not right! A Duskull named Reaper..? Hyrem tries to focus, but he cannot seem to remember his own starter Pokemon, despite the fact that dozens of different memories come to him of obtaining his first Pokemon, or even of being another trainer's first Pokemon... Now he knows that can't be right. The false memories overwhelm Hyrem, twisting and turning in his head, confounding his own sense of reality. Getting a solid grasp of his own memories will take time and concentration, which would prevent him from being able to relay orders or attempt to help the female Frillish. However, if he does not try to recapture his own mind, he runs the risk of losing it altogether...

    Costume: 1/20 eyes paralyzed, 11/20 eyes irritated
    Wall: 115 eyes remain

    What will Hyrem do?

  25. #275
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    kaisap112/tau - Noriko identifies the Murkrow from before that had stolen Nook's treasure, resting on the shoulder of a floating coat. The young woman turns to Quinn, asking if he happens to be seeing the same strange apparation that she is... Only to receive no response. Perhaps the young man was stunned to silence by such an odd event, or simply did not want to give away his location. Meanwhile, Banzai's violent reaction to the spectre comforts Noriko somewhat; at least she wasn't the only one to find this whole situation incredibly creepy! Even worse, the loud, eerie laugh that emanates from the coat causes Noriko to jump. The talking coat affectionately converses with its Murkrow, which is apparently named Charity, about the potential usefulness of Nook the Zigzagoon. Noriko wonders why the strange being would consider a hyperactive raccoon-like creature with a short attention span particularly interesting or special, but either way, she had to do something before this ghost pirate convinced Nook to follow him. It is surprising that Quinn does not step in to defend his Pokemon, or assert his rights as trainer. In fact, he says nothing at all, continuing to remain still and silent. Formulating a plan, perhaps...? Noriko cannot help but feel a bit flustered. They needed to act now!

    Mustering up her courage, Noriko intervenes, telling the spirit to leave Nook alone and to respect the fact that the little Zigzagoon already has a trainer. Noriko tries to call Nook over and turns to Quinn, wondering why he still was not doing anything to stop this madness, even after Noriko had clearly revealed their position and demanded Nook's safe return. Who could daydream at a time like this? Looking over at Quinn, he did appear as if he were dazed... Perhaps he had begun to feel ill. Noriko tries to get a good look at her friend, but the sound of the pirate ghost laughing distracts her. She turns toward the disembodied coat, only to see it flying towards Quinn at top speed, tackling him face-first into the ground. Noriko rushes over to her friend instinctively in an attempt to help him up, trying desperately to rip the coat off of him. Banzai and Nook rush over as well, attempting to aid Noriko in her attempts to save Quinn from whatever this coat was trying to do to him... Before Noriko or Quinn's Pokemon can make any significant progress, however, Quinn begins pushing them away, as he rolls over to reveal that his face has been completely obscured by a strange golden mask. Quinn begins to stand, and it is obvious now to Noriko that the once-disembodied coat, hat and boots now fits perfectly on her dear friend. Even his stance seems to have changed to a more bent, weathered pose. The golden mask, which bears the face of a salty-looking middle-aged man with a formidable beard, has an unsettling glare that chills Noriko to the core. From behind the mask, Quinn finally speaks... but with the same accent that the ghost had been using before.

    "Ay, lass. I would be the ickle rascal's trainer, now, wouldn't I? Wouldn't want to keep the lady waitin' for her adventure, now, would I? Didn't y'say we best be off?" The confused Nook sniffs his now-possessed trainer as Charity the Murkrow takes a place on his shoulder. The Masked Quinn now makes confident strides toward the Ghost Ship attraction, Banzai clawing and scratching at the coat in hopes that it will somehow release its grip on Quinn, to no avail. In fact, the poor scratchcat is dragged along by his claws as he clings to the coattails of his possessed trainer, trying to claw his back paws into the ground in order to keep Quinn from walking any farther. The sight would be humorous if the situation were not so dire. Nook, on the other hand, seems trusting enough, walking alongside his now-possessed trainer, eager to begin an adventure. Quinn notices Banzai's attempts at slowing him down, and immediately recalls the poor Pokemon, who turns to Noriko with pleading eyes before he is sucked back into his Pokeball.

    What will Noriko do?
    With Quinn still showing absolutely no reaction to the situation, Noriko was about to turn to look at friend…when the ghost started laughing yet again. Stomach turning, Noriko glanced over just in time to see the coat and the accessories flying at high speed right at Quinn – and tackle him to the ground! “Hey! Get off him!” Noriko shouted while rushing to her friend, along with Banzai and Nook following shortly, the whole group trying to tear the coat off Quinn. There wasn’t time or thought to worrying about any possible scratches and bites that Nook and Banzai may have caused in their panicked rush to apparently kill the coat.

    Before any of them could as much as make a scratch on the coat though, Quinn suddenly began moving…and pushing off Noriko and his teammates. “Quinn? What’s…going on…” Noriko’s sentence trailed off as she came face-to-face with Quinn – or what she thought was Quinn, but the face in front of her was covered by a golden mask. The mask was detailed, forming the face of an old man sporting a magnificent beard. That’s not Quinn, is it?! Nook seemed to agree with Noriko’s thought, cautiously sniffing at his trainer and trying to figure out what exactly was happening. Then Quinn opened his mouth: "Ay, lass. I would be the ickle rascal's trainer, now, wouldn't I? Wouldn't want to keep the lady waitin' for her adventure, now, would I? Didn't y'say we best be off?" The words and the exact same accent as that of the ghost pirate sent chills down Noriko’s very core. Kitty hissed violently at him.

    By the time Noriko realized her friend was clearly possessed by the ghost of the pirate, he was already walking toward the ghost ship attraction, with Banzai hissing and scratching at him. The coat was perfectly molded to Quinn’s body and wouldn’t budge despite the Meowth’s best efforts. Banzai resorted to clawing his front paws into the coat and attempting to keep his back paws firmly on the ground – but he was far too light to make Quinn’s body as much as slow down, instead getting dragged behind it. As much as the situation would have humored Noriko any other time, this was not one of them; they had to do something, quick!

    With Charity on his shoulder, the ghost turned to see Banzai’s fruitless effort at stopping him. He is fast to grab Banzai’s Pokéball off Quinn’s belt and call the feline back inside it. Kitty meowed helplessly as Banzai disappeared in a flash of red light, eyes begging for Noriko and her friends to rescue Quinn in his stead. Nook didn’t, for some reason, seem the least bothered by the sudden turn of events, happily strolling by his possessed trainer’s side. Was he seriously that oblivious to what was going on, too caught up in his expectation of adventure?

    “Nook, get a grip, that’s not Quinn! Don’t you see it?!” Noriko’s brain was short-circuiting fast: she had no clear idea of what to do, panic clouding all judgment. “Hey! Pirate! Let Quinn go right now!” Her brain managed to recall a mention of “the lady”, not sure if it referred to Charity, herself or someone entirely else. Noriko figured that if they couldn’t get the ghost off by force, they had to change tactics…”if you can’t beat them, join them” as she had heard numerous people say. “What is it that you want? Let’s make a deal: I help you out with whatever it is you’re looking for, and you let Quinn go when we get to it.” She squeezed her hands into fists, trembling with held-back rage. “I’m sure we can work out an agreement of some kind, you’re a pirate and not some barbarian, after all.”

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •