Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 301 to 315 of 315

Thread: Phantom Isle - The Haunted Theme Park

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Somewhere green. :O
    Posts
    4,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Phantom Isle
    The Haunted Theme Park

    The Hotel
    Situated at the back of the theme park is a grand hotel where guests and their Pokémon stayed whilst visiting. The ground floor has the usual areas such as lobby, restaurant, boutique, and entertainment room, while the downstairs levels house a storeroom and very special casino for its patrons. The hotel is still very active but its guests are far different than you might be used to encountering. The eight upper floors containing the suites are more often than not inhabited by spirits, some being those who perished in the fateful incident that closed the park. Some are restless not realising they are dead, and some are harmless, while others are not. Wander around the hotel and you may find more than you'd bargained for.

    Areas:
    The Lobby: Upon entering the hotel's main doors, you reach a marble-floored lobby with a check-in desk and huge chandeliers that flicker ominously. Behind the desk lies most of the keys to the various hotels rooms, but an unseen power prevents you from taking more than one at a time. A lone elevator sits at one end, leading up to the rest of the rooms or down to the storeroom and casino.
    "Last stop, Phantom Isle!" the captain announced over his megaphone.

    The announcement roused Jeri, who had fallen asleep in the light of the setting sun and gentle rocking of the boat.

    "Ph-Phantom Isle?" he stuttered as the booming voice roused him awake, standing and turning to the captain standing on the deck above, "I thought this boat was going to Cortoza!?"

    "You missed your stop about twenty minutes ago," the captain informed him blankly, "Now either you get off here or you sleep on the concrete until the ferry goes back out."

    "Can't you just take me back to the mainland?" Jeri pleaded.

    "Not goin' back to the mainland for another few days."

    "But- I- what am I supposed to do?"

    "Get off here and find a place to stay the night."

    "On a place named Phantom Isle? Hell no!"

    "Get off here or sleep in the garage. Your choice."

    "I-I... well... ugh."

    Jeri scratched his head dejectedly, deciding to check the map he had found covered in dust at the boathouse. The map was old and faded, but it didn't seem terribly outdated. Scanning its contents, he found what he presumed to be the island, though the name was blotted out by a water stain. Thankfully, the depiction of the island itself was largely spared, just enough for him to make out a hotel on the island.

    "Awesome," he mumbled to himself, "a hotel sounds perfect. I guess this isn't so bad after all."

    The boat docked at the crumbling pier and the handful of remaining passengers all disembarked. As the boat pulled up, Jeri got his first good look at the island. He could see in the distance the shadow of an abandoned theme park, rides cast over by the setting sun. The hotel was visible from the shore, looking like a building that had long since fallen into disrepair. Jeri swallowed hard.

    "You gettin' off, boy?"

    "Uh, yeah, yeah, I am." Jeri hesitantly stepped off the boat. With nowhere else to go, he made his way to the Hotel, hoping at the very least he could find a musty old bed on which he could wait out the darkest hours...

    {ASB} [FB] (dA) ~JSfSN~
    Thanks to Sammi for this banner.

    [jerichi]

    A new fanfic by yours truly.
    E.S.P.A.S.
    "I hope your mother dies in a silo explosion." ~ The Mozz

    It's not easy
    being green.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    uhhhhh - Much as the Harvester of Flesh attempts to be "civil" to Connor, the young photographer has absolutely hit his limit. The normally amiable, good-natured trainer fills with rage at the disgusting display that surrounds him; how many lives had been lost in the pursuit of this fickle Harvester's desire for beauty and style? Even if she was oddly captivating, Connor could not be enchanted by this strange woman given all that he knew about what she had done, and how much suffering the Drifloons had endured because of her actions. This monster did not deserve to call herself beautiful. The more she speaks, the more intense Connor's rage becomes, until he simply cannot hold in the ire and venom welling up within him. He spits out his words with contempt, calling their actions a disgrace; his voice rises with each word, until he finds himself screaming at the Harvester of Flesh, asking what was so goddamn important that she felt the need to not only destroy their bodies, but torment their souls, as well. The Harvester of Flesh seems hurt by Connor's words, though the fact that his screaming is focused on her seems to make her strangely... happy. It is when Connor diverts his attention that her anger becomes apparent, and she screams at the top of her lungs for the photographer to pay attention to her... only her. Despite the force with which she turns his head... Despite the intimidating nature of her face, her body, her entire abode... Something inside Connor snaps. He was not about to take this like a frightened little boy. He was going to stand up to the Harvester like a man... Even if it meant never living to the adulthood he emulated. He suddenly grabs her arm and tosses it aside, shouting that if she ever tries that again, he will punch her poor excuse for a face, as he immediately goes to check on Gaspard and the 'floons.

    For a moment, the Harvester of Flesh is completely and utterly stunned. She was so used to being the one in control that such incredible insolence was almost foreign to her. For a brief moment, she stands in shock, as Connor takes in the scene unravelling in front of him; the flesh of the Mr. Mime, which now appears fully inflated, seems to have taken on a life of its own, as it narrowly misses Gaspard with a Psywave attack. The Drifloons seem to be trying to attack the Mr. Mime with an Ominous Wind created between them, which blows by Gaspard without having any effect (as the Drifloons anticipated), though the Mr. Mime throws up a powerful Light Screen to deflect some of the damage. In the moment that Connor takes in the scene, Gaspard suddenly takes on a shocked expression, looking behind Connor with a look of fear and dread, before immediately rushing to Connor's aid, knocking him out of the way of a powerful strike attack from the sewn-together maiden he had so recently insulted. Growling like an animal, the eyes of the Harvester turn wild with rage, as she bears her claws, which appear to be an odd fusion of long manicure nails and actual Pokemon claws. For the moment, the Harvester of Breath appears to be a passive watcher in this entire battle, and even excuses himself for a moment... The sound of someone greeting him outside the door confuses Connor. Who else could possibly be in this mirror maze? Whoever it was, the Balloon Man comes back looking rather chipper, with a giant, greasy bag full of tacos with the "TACO TIME" brand emblazoned on the front of the bag. He watches the battle unfold while eating a strange-looking taco full of eyes, and while he does not seem an immediate threat at this time, the Mr. Mime he has created is certainly not pulling any punches... and there was the issue of the very, very angry Harvester who sees fit to attack on her own.

    How will Connor react?
    As Connor turned around to see what was happening with Gaspard, Sam, and the other Drifloons, he was stunned to see them fighting against what seemed to be a Mr. Mime balloon that's taken a life of its own. "That balloon from earlier... that was from him...!" it seemed rather obvious that the Harvester of Breath was responsible for this though Connor noticed that he was just standing in the sidelines. "It's like he doesn't even care..." the photographer was already angry at this point but he was still sane enough to know that he probably wouldn't have to deal with him as long as he leaves the guy alone... for now.

    It was then that Gaspard had noticed something behind Connor, threatening to kill his partner while he was dealing with the balloon along with the Drifloons. "AIPO-AIPO!" he went to Connor's side just in time to knock him out of the way from the Harvester of Flesh's attack against him. The photographer was shocked at his partner's sudden moment that he was easily knocked down by the little monkey's push. It didn't take him long to realize that the Harvester of Flesh had suddenly take on a rather angry look, having just been recently insulted by the photographer. Connor was too angry to be scared at the woman's threatening appearance and so was Gaspard who had been enraged at her attempting to kill Connor. The photographer got up from his position and looked at both of the battles.

    Two fights happening at the same time. Sam and the Drifloons vs. the Mr. Mime Balloon. Gaspard vs. The Harvester of Flesh. Connor knew that in order to get out, he had to pay attention to both battles and guide not only Gaspard but the Drifloons as well. "Drifloons, please listen to me! All of you use Shadow Ball against the Mr. Mime! If he uses up a Light Screen again, give it a good 'ol Payback!" Connor was not very familiar on the possible moves that a Drifloon could learn, but he knew that they at least had those. He then turned to Gaspard and the Harvester of Flesh, "And as for you... Gaspard, Fire Punch her! If that's not enough, then use Shadow Claw! We'll make her pay for what she's done!" he commanded as he grabbed a taco from out of nowhere and took a bite. This whole adventure has made him very hungry after all and he needed to eat.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Meetan - Meetan cheers for her Torchic with shaking fists and clenched teeth, the thrill of battle overwhelming her with emotion and anticipation. Ordering an Agility to boost the little chick's speed, the Torchic immediately darts into action, further increasing his nimbleness with an impressive show of dexterity. This newfound speed is just enough to get out of the way of the angry Liepard's Slash, which lands mere centimeters away from the Torchic, even going so far as to nick one of the feathers on his head. In a state of increasing momentum, the young chick-like Pokemon does not find it difficult to land a Low Kick square to the Liepard's stomach, which knocks the leopard off of her feet and to the ground, such is its super-effective force. The wounded Liepard is at least able to Growl from her position, though her vicious attempts at intimidation do nothing to prevent the Crossfire that burns horribly through her body. With a shuddering groan, the Liepard finally passes into unconsciousness, bits of her fur still alight with flame as she does. It seems as if Alice's trust in Torchic has been well-placed, and as the little bird flares out his feathers with pride, Alice can't help but feel that her belief in him helped him gather the strength to defeat his opponent. Level up for Torchic.

    The unconscious body of the mother Liepard is suddenly run over by a passing taco truck, which parks itself briefly on the carcass. A shadowy hand reaches out from the truck, placing a Taco Princess Crown on the trainer's head before it speeds away, leaving the poor, flattened Liepard on the ground. The crown may be made of cardboard, and a bit small for Alice's head, but something about its position on her head makes Alice feel like royalty for some reason... Rapid admires the crown on Alice's head a moment, and while her expression never really changes much, Alice can sense the aura of amusement radiating from the mechanical Rapidash. Even so, that amusement is short-lived; the ethereal purple flames were closing in, and it was clear to Alice now that a group of Litwick, Lampent and Chandelure were making their way over to the trainer and her formerly inanimate companion. Rapid nudges Alice, gently but insistantly, as she encourages her to mount the mechanical horse so that they can make a quick getaway... but a sudden Confuse Ray fired off from one of the Chandelure sends the mechanical horse into a strange, trance-like state. The Litwick and Lampent use their own powerful Confuse Rays on Alice and Torchic, and the disoriented Alice is compelled to follow the pretty, shiny lights in her confusion, though she is unaware of where they are leading her...

    ***

    As Alice finally snaps out of confusion, she realize that she is up against the wall in a small, sparsely decorated room, surrounded by Litwick and Lampent on all sides. Torchic, who is still confused, seems to be banging his head against the dingy white wall which Alice finds herself against. At the center of the room is Rapid... or, at least, what used to be Rapid, but the aura of life that once emanated from her is now gone. The poor horse, once full of life, now appears to be nothing more than an empty shell. The Litwick evolutionary family seem irritated based on their language to one another and their agitated motions, suggesting that Rapid's current state has them in a dither. One of the Chandelure turn towards Alice, and speaks to her in human language;

    "Ma'am, I do hope you understand how grave your situation is. You are wanted for the capture of a lady Liepard's child who is under our protection, and now for grave injuries which ultimately (though inadvertantly) have led to her death. You are sentenced to be consumed, both body and soul, by the Merry Reapers. If you wish to keep your soul in tact, you will help us find the soul that you call 'Rapid', which has evaded our grasp for far too long." The Chandelure gives Alice an ominous glare, as its comrades, who surround Alice, flicker with a rather intimidating eeriness of their own.

    It seems near impossible to beat so many Pokemon, particularly with a confused Torchic. That said, perhaps Alice does at least seem to have the opportunity to speak with what she can only assume is the "leader" of these Pokemon, which is an invaluable opportunity, indeed...

    What will Alice do?


    When the Liepard finally fell down, Alice sighed with relief, opening her arms to the cheerful Torchic to bounce into, which he soon did. For her to be so open following the attack by the Houndoom was a miracle, and he never knew when another scare was going to push them apart, so he nuzzled her proudly with affection. "You were so cool out there. I hope you know that." She grinned, although it didn't last. To the bird's shock, the teenager suddenly reeled back with an explosion of swear words, just evading a taco truck that was on top of the Pokemon's body. The crunch of her bones could be heard, blood seeping from the wounds, and her jaw dropped from horror. Death.

    What proceeded was utterly peculiar. A hand outstretched to place a cardboard taco crown on her blonde head, and the petite female looked over to Rapid, who seemed to approve, if not in a bit of a sarcastic manner. The truck had already sped away, leaving the dark-type's carcass in its wake, but she still somehow felt like royalty. This was good. Alice liked feeling like royalty. Royalty of what exactly, she didn't know, but there wasn't time to find out - the pretty lights came into view, her suspicions confirmed. Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure.

    "We've got to get out of here!" The girl more than agreed with the living ride's previous warnings, but it was too late. Rapid was confused, and before long, so were she and her Pokemon. The dizziness and haziness took over her panicked mind, tense shoulders drooping into relaxation as she and her adopted team member decided that actually, following the purple ghosts was a good idea.

    Never again. Ever. Ever.

    As the state wore off, Alice groaned, first aware that the room was boiling hot. She removed her gloves, shoving them into the pockets of the dark skinny jeans that she wished she hadn't worn. A sparkle of life and awareness returning to her blue eyes, the human gasped with a nasty shock, straightening up as much as possible, pressed against the wall that her poor friend was currently bashing his head against. Agitated and irritated dual-types filled the room, their purple flames terrifying to the poor girl. It reminded her of the fortune teller's words - she had to /overcome/.

    Rapid wasn't even there, apparently, and the eighteen year old bit her lip. She had left her stomach back at the battlefield, and her heart raced wildly. Alice could have fainted, but the young woman held on, listening to the leader's words with as much concentration as she could muster. A horrified sob escaped, the tears welling up behind her glasses beginning to leave trails down chubby red cheeks. She sniffed, opening her mouth, desperate to beg her now-level 34 Torchic to snap out of it, but not having the bravery to even plead in front of them. This was meant to be a fun but scary exploration of a theme park, not a walk to death row.

    "I..." She tried, swallowing the lump in her throat as best as possible, fingers of both hands intertwined as she tried to suppress her shaking, "I can try. But if she isn't Rapid - who is she? What's she done that means you've been after her so long? Rapid didn't even know who she was. The Fortune Tellers couldn't even figure that one out..." The captive rambled hesitantly, unsure of which one to really look at, and scared of focusing on Torchic for too long that they felt disrespected or compelled to finish her off whilst distracted.

    ((Stats.))
    Last edited by Meetan; 17th June 2013 at 9:24 PM. Reason: Had to edit to include a level for Daycare confirmation.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel12 View Post
    As the newest Phantom Isle ZA I’d like to welcome you all to my little group of the damned updatees. We’re going to have a frightfully good time.

    Marion Ette: I’m so glad I get to update for one of FB’s resident ghostly gals. I do hope my updates live up to your spectacularly spooky standards.

    Phantom Isle, the site of the most devastating disaster to happen memorable years, the very fallout of which made the island the supernatural equivalent of Chernobyl, and thus the perfect place to study the phenomenon of the Ghost type. Walking calmly through the very park that would make most any trainer shudder with fear for their very existence, you find yourself heading towards the Ghost Train, Phantom Isle’s very own Ground Zero. The humming of your Dusclops, Liliana, fills the air, eerily echoing in the distance, the very haze above that inspires her tune seems to shift in the air, moving with your every step towards the long since abandoned ride. With a nod you signal Liliana to halt her melody, and though the Dusclops ceases, the sound does not, ringing through the air for a moment before becoming slower, crackling with slight static as the PA system picks up the tune where the Ghost left off. With your head rushing with thoughts of answers and the fame that could follow, it takes you a moment to even notice the lingering sound, and as you snap to you decide to play things very cautiously, the haunts of the park seeming to take particular notice in your presence.

    Just inside the station you issue a second nod, and Liliana immediately fills the air with a luminous glow. You hope that the Foresight will alert you to the specters that seem to be watching you, but with a glance around, there is nothing. The air becomes still as the motionless station only adds to the feeling that something is very wrong here.

    CRACK! A thundering sound echoes overhead, giving your calm demeanor a bit of a prod, as the haze above you circles into a funnel rushing down upon you. The fog comes into war with the glow Liliana is letting off, struggling for a moment as it forms a dome above you before crashing down like a tidal wave, washing over you before fading into the sky again, the resonant energy of the Foresight sucked up by the paranormal forces which clearly don’t want you tampering with the very delicate balance of the area.

    The initial shock fades as Liliana spies something making a bit of movement in one of the carts ahead, the sound of whimpering heard lightly underneath the buzzing music of the speakers. Unsure from the distance as to what could be rocking the cart, you are however very certain that whatever it is, it wasn’t there but a moment ago...

    ...whatever shall you do?
    ((Thanks for picking me up, Sneezey! I'm certain that I'll love whatever creepy adventure you have in store for me.))

    Despite Marion's generally stoic and unflappable nature, her body seizes with alarm at the sudden burst of noise above her. Even despite her comfort in the world of the supernatural, there were some very natural reasons to be nervous about loud noises, such as loose, crumbling ceilings, falling rafters or sudden strikes of lightning. Marion's gaze lifts above her, immediately assessing if any of the aforementioned situations happened to be occurring, only to realize that the purple haze that Liliana had been humming about only moments before was starting to take on some very strange behavior. The haze, acting as if it had a will of its own, funnels down around the trainer and her Dusclops, combating the foresight's energy. Liliana is unable to compete with the powerful fog, much as she struggles, and the haze engulfs the pair before going back to its original state, sending a strong message to both Marion and Liliana that such tricks would not be welcome here.

    Marion furrows her brow, concentrating her thoughts for a few moments on the latest development. There were two possibilities at work here, and neither sat very well with her. Either the mist was a supernatural force unrelated to ghost types that somehow acted to negate any light-based attacks, whether willingly or automatically as a part of its composition... Or the mist was indeed a veiled ghost or ghosts, who were powerful enough to negate Liliana's foresight. Certainly, the latter possibility was far more concerning than the former, though the former implied that there were forces at work here beyond even what she has experienced. All she can say for certain is that foresight is no longer an option here for identifying potential ghosts... She and Liliana would have to be on their guard. Liliana gives Marion a sheepish look, as if upset and embarrassed by her failure to perform foresight effectively. The young female trainer gives her Pokemon a reassuring smile, but Liliana turns away from Marion as soon as she tries to reassure her. Taking a look in the direction where Liliana suddenly begins to point, Marion becomes aware of one of the train carts, rocking back and forth with the faint sound of whimpering.

    Liliana, ever the caring soul, immediately begins floating toward the cart, seeking to comfort the whimpering being within. Marion, however, holds her hand up, stopping Liliana in her tracks. Though Marion's look is still gentle towards her Dusclops, there is an element of concern in her eyes that prevents Liliana from going further. Marion carefully approaches Liliana, offers her hand for the ghostly creature to take, and encourages her to walk with her trainer. After all, in Marion's mind, the whimpering could simply be a ruse... Liliana certainly wore her kindness on her sleeve, and much as Marion loathed to admit it, she could be emotionally manipulated just as easily as her Dusclops, given the right situation. Both of them had to be careful, particularly if some malevolent being sought to capitalize on their empathy. Though the pair move closer to the cart, they still maintain their distance. Marion was definitely aware of the fact that this rocking and whimpering started soon after the haze had performed its strange actions... There may have been more to that event than just negating foresight, she thinks to herself. I've certainly heard strange things about the mist before... There's no telling what changes it could have made to the environment.

    Marion gently calls out to the cart, her voice as calm and soothing as she can possibly make it; "Hello? Are you hurt? Do you need help?" Liliana follows Marion's statement with the same words translated into Dusclops language, in the event that the whimpering being happens to be a Pokemon incapable of understanding human language. Worse comes to worse, Liliana is confident in her ability to translate for Marion, should the need arise.

    [FB || PASBL]

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Balmund - Balmund cannot shake the feeling that the strange events unfolding around him are a sign that whatever force was responsible for these happenings expected compensation for the imbalance he had helped to put into motion. Though Balmund understood the need for balance in all things, he also understood that as a human being, accepting that kind of fate without a fight was something that he simply could not do. No matter how many waves of enemies were destined to come after him as a result of his choices, he would face them one by one, and hopefully defeat them in the process. If there was to be a happy ending, Balmund hoped it would be for everyone.

    Orchrist has been trained so thoroughly by Balmund that she does not require orders; rather, she moves into action immediately, balancing a quick-thinking strategic mind with the adrenaline of her newfound bloodlust. She Coils in preparation for her next big attack, taking a brief moment to prep her muscles for the incredibly vicious strike. The two Dusknoir act quickly, coordinating a Will-o-Wisp barrage that strikes both Orchrist and Vega with searing burns. Undeterred and focused by the orders of his trainer, Vega works through the burn and strikes the Dusknoir nearest to him with Dragonbreath, which certainly gets the chubby ghost's attention. In fact, the powerful dragonbreath attack seems to have been supported by a tiny cloud of fiery dragon energy, which Balmund can recognize as Dragon Rage, though he cannot quite tell where such an attack would have come from... Though he is barely able to make out the outline of a small, ghostly creature moving around the Dusknoir's feet, taunting it with fangs that are abnormally large given the creature's body.

    Further enraged by her burned state and in the perfect state to strike, Orchrist is prudent enough to let the Dusknoir move first so as to build enough energy to make the attack count. Vega, on the other hand, strikes quickly, Sucker Punching the Dusknoir nearest him with devastating accuracy. The two Dusknoir, still working in sync, simultaneously attempt to Hex Orchrist and Vega; though the Seviper has the reflexes necessary to narrowly avoid the horrifying purple glare of the Dusknoir, Vega is not so lucky, given his close proximity to the Dusknoir, and finds his burns adding substantially to the damage of their powerful ghostly move. At the perfect moment, Orchrist enacts her Payback on the Dusknoir nearest her, which is filled with such rage and power that Balmund himself winces a bit at the Dusknoir's horrifying cry of pain.

    The sound of a motor in the distance draws Balmund's attention, and indeed, the other combatants are similarly drawn to the sound. Everyone pauses for a moment to figure out what on Earth could be moving in the utter silence of their time-stopped world. Suddenly, a taco truck with the words "TACO TIME" painted in big, red letters and a spinning plastic taco on the top of the truck comes barreling through the battlefield, the Taco Time taco theme playing at full blast. Orchrist cries out in pain as the insane taco truck manages to run over her tail in its unpredictable, zig-zagging path through the time-stopped park, as it runs over mascots and carefully-manicured bushes, though where it could possibly be heading is a mystery. When time moves again, Balmund will certainly be curious to see how the parents beside the excited, time-frozen child standing in front of the freshly-made roadkill version of Dolan Ducklett will explain the sudden, inexplicable death of the beloved character once the flow of time is restored. The two Dusknoir look at each other and shrug, while Orchrist inspects her tail quickly with a concerned look, though she is quick to turn her attention back to the battle at hand. She is fortunate not to have taken the hit head-on, but the damage to her tail will likely affect her ability to use tail-based attacks in this battle. At least the taco truck managed to drop a few bags of greasy tacos in its mad rush to wherever it happened to be heading...

    How will Balmund react?
    Of all the things Duke was expecting, given he was already expecting the unexpected considering the nature of the Park, the one thing he never saw coming was the rampaging Taco Time Taco Truck making its mad dash through the frozen in time grounds were he stood. No. Effing. Way. His mouth remained agape as his mind rebooted itself, recovering from a sudden blue-screen of death. What's next, Mecha-Godzilla on a tutu?

    His mind snaps back to reality in response to the sharp hisses of both his Pokémon. They were right, this was no time to dwell in mind****ery. His opponents sure as hell wouldn't, and with their lives on the line, he held every intention to take matters at hand as seriously as possible. Duke assesses the situation. Both his Pokémon were not looking nearly quite their best, and the nasty burns inflicted upon their bodies would drag them further down the longer the battle carried on. Vega in one hand had been sustaining heavy damage, and while Chris on the other was handling her opponent fairly well, the more recent developments resulted in quite the injury on her tail. A fracture? Both burns and other injuries where very likely to impact the snake's mobility and stamina, though by virtue of their training they knew better than to visibly show their pain, even though the Dusknoir could very likely see through their stoicism. They had to press on, fast and aggressive while they still had the energy to do so.

    Orchrist was still screeching curses at the bloody bastard that dared run her over. Matters were made only worse by the fact that the ****er managed to actually get away with it! The rage, it burned down to her core. She would've chased after it if she had a choice. She needed a target, any target, so she could at least vent out her frustration. It was there, it had already caused her harm, and it would pay for the sins committed upon her persona, all of them, wether or not it was it's to begin with. You condescending ****er. What the hell are you looking at? I'll end you! Shriek in pain for me. Squirm! Die! Die! DIE! The spiteful thoughts brewed in her mind, quickly reaching a boiling point, and she screamed; a guttural emotional outburst to rival that of any banshee, half due to her own hatred, and half resulting from the pain she started to inflict upon herself as she sacrificed her own health. Chris started to summon up her twin sisters - Magic Clones! Maybe Chris wasn't feeling her best physically, but together, Dusknoir was about to face wave after wave of Dark Pulse!

    Supervising the both of them, or rather, the three, Duke concentrated himself on quickly issuing orders to his Arbok. It was imperative to draw the Dusknoir's attention into themselves as much as possible. If they couldn't possibly see the little brave one, Vega was far more likely to take any punishment his opponent was able deal, at least in comparison. The shape of the other creature was starting to become all the more clearer, and familiar. Could it possibly be what Balmund thought it was? Answers will come soon enough.

    "Do not relent! Soften it with your Acid Spray, then blast that thing with your Hidden Power! Careful, Vega!" Balmund commanded, hoping with all his might to avoid as much friendly fire as possible. A hard balance to achieve, to be restrained and unrestrained, but while he hoped to protect their unexpected ally, Duke knew full well that nothing short of being brutally aggressive was ever going to be enough to subdue the haunted guardians.
    Last edited by Balmund; 9th May 2013 at 3:23 AM.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Last Stop
    Posts
    2,178

    Default Seek Not Shelter Where Your Soul Shall Not Sleep

    myahoo: - Your soul lingers here...

    -----

    Marion Ette: “Hello? Are you hurt? Do you need help?” you call out to the rocking cart, Leliana translating into her Dusclops language as you warily inch ever so slightly closer. After a moment, a small figure rises up slightly from the car before letting out a shriek of terror upon sight of your Dusclops, “LEAVE ME ALONE!” Immediately thereafter the figure is revealed to be a young boy who then scrambles from the cart in your direction, stumbling and attempting to use you as a human shield in front of your ghostly partner.

    “Miss Tenderly help!” the boy cries out grasping at your skirt tightly. A moment later he stops, the fabric tipping him off that he seems to have the wrong person. Looking up at you the boy begins to sob again at his mistake, “Y- you’re not Miss Tenderly...” The boy then begins to panic once more, glancing back and forth between you and Leliana. He begins to shake before letting out a whimper of speech “P- please don’t hurt me... I lost my class...” And with that he looks back at the cart in which he was hiding as tears begin to roll down his face. Despite the oddity of a young child being left alone in the middle of this abandoned park it is however fairly evident that he means you no apparent harm.

    ...whatever shall you do?

    -----

    Yougirasu: A shiver runs along your spine as you read the words “Won’t you play with me?” aloud from the pool of what was once a mirror spilt out on the ground before you. As the child’s laugh rings through your mind once more you begin to contemplate your options of escape. You could attempt to smash through the remaining mirrors in a mad dash for the exit, but you have only one Pokemon even remotely capable of doing so, and the direction in which you entered the building has long since left your mind. As such, you decide to cautiously step out from the area in which you were trapped, expecting a trap to spring from the shadows and cause you to meet your end.

    But alas, no swinging pendulum nor darts of poison. No battering ram nor closing walls. All that lies before you is a straight passageway that seems to stretch on for eternity. Unlike the maze which you had just traversed, the mirrors here are all pristine, and practically identical to the naked eye. As you walk through the passage you attempt to avoid looking at the mirrors, lest the shadow you witnessed before make an appearance again. But as you look there is no shadow, only yourself, reflected infinitely in the halls boundless supply of surfaces, and as you walk there is no echo, only the sound of your own two feet clattering beneath you. The monotonous walk seems to stretch on forever, and as you look behind you the area from which you emerged is now long since lost. As you turn your head back towards your seemingly unreachable destination you catch something out of the corner of your eye, a single mirror with the phrase “Won’t you play with me?” carved deep into its surface. Unsure how the words got there when they were not a moment ago, it dawns on you that whatever is keeping you here has no intention of letting you go any time soon.

    ...whatever shall you do?

    -----

    Jerichi: Welcome to my incredibly small group. As the first person I have going to the hotel, I have one of my personal favorite adventures prepared for you.

    With a rather rude awakening having missed your intended stop in Cortoza, you decide that you may as well attempt to get some proper sleep as opposed to taking a long nap on the concrete of the garage. Despite not being particularly happy about having to attempt to do so on a place named Phantom Isle, you rummage through the boathouse for a bit before locating a dusty old map with a few good water stains on it, which given the ruined name, you can only assume belongs to the Isle on which you’ve found yourself stuck for the next few days. Surveying the map, you locate the large hotel found on the other end of the theme park that the island is known for and decide to head there in search of a bed on which to rest your weary head.

    As you walk through the park on your way to the hotel, it appears quiet, and not in the way that you would expect for a place named such as it is. Indeed, the park itself seems rather... not spooky. However, as you approach the hotel, the building’s lights slowly flicker on, greeting you with their ominous glow. And before you have a moment to process this, the front doors swing open, and a calm melody can be heard playing in the lobby. Taking a moment before following the tune, you hesitantly make your way inside to find the lobby a bit dusty but otherwise quite well taken care of. Still thinking of sleep, you head for the desk to grab a room key, only to find that there is but one that remains, if you can still call it a key. The metal key has been worn down to a single cylindrical nub, and the number tag attached is similarly worn, though not without a number, as a large 0 is carved haphazardly into the tag. If you still wish to sleep here, you will likely have to find a proper key to do so, and though you initially intend to leave the fake key where it hangs, it soon launches itself off of its hook and lands in front of you, taunting you with the number carved into its metal.

    ...whatever shall you do?

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Park
    Despite the lack of human activity in the park during its closure, it seems those from the realm of the dead are quite active in these parts. All of the popular rides remain the same as they were prior to the ghost train event, but over time they seem to have become populated by very unsavoury characters in the form of spectres, poltergeists, and even some of the more mischievous Pokémon who want to manipulate anyone brave enough to enter such a place. If you dare to venture here, you'd best have your wits about you.

    Areas:
    Fortune Teller's Tent: Situated in the shadows cast by the majestic circus tent is a much smaller tent which once housed a mystical woman who was said to have powers beyond that of a regular human, being able to see not only into the past, but also into the future. She passed away not too long before the closure of the theme park but nobody thought anything of it, since she was getting on in years. Today, there is still a light coming from her tent, so could it be she still lingers in the theme park, waiting for her next customer?
    A dark figure makes its way to the entrance of the park, the appears to be alone but the dark, black cloak the figure is wearing makes it difficult to tell anything, even gender as the face of the figure is hidden under the hood of the cloak. The only thing not black is a small crest at chest height. It looks like a golden shield and crown, with green trees on the shield. If one were to look good, they would be able to recognize it as the Virote family crest. The person looks as if he is hiding something under his cloak, but it is impossible to see what.

    "Well, let's see what is true about these ghost stories people tell about this park," the figure says to himself, a hint of sarcasm clearly audible, "'The Haunted Theme Park' is what they call it, but they should know better than to think ghosts are involved. I have studied all my life, though that is still only 15 years, but I have never found any scientific proof of ghosts any other than Ghost Pokémon." A short pause follows, "Those people must be imagining things. But okay, let's see what there is to do here." Rowan takes the hood of the cloak of his head and turns towards the map of the park that is hanging left of him.

    "Let's see, a rollercoaster, a circus, a merry-go-round, hmmm..., hmmm..., this should be good. Another piece of non-scientific superstition, a fortune teller. Come to think of it, I heard she died shortly before the whole park was closed. Let's check out her tent, she might not be there anymore but who knows what kind of interesting things there are still left." With a smile that reflects a small sense of superiority and a quick movement Rowan pulls the hood of his cloak over his head again, concealing himself from view and walks through the entrance of the park. He looks around, all the abandoned attractions, they look old and creepy, as if they could collapse if the wind would decide to blow just a little bit harder. And just as Rowan thinks of this, he somehow starts to feel a little bit less sure of himself as he approaches the Fortune Teller's Tent.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Somewhere green. :O
    Posts
    4,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel12 View Post
    Jerichi: Welcome to my incredibly small group. As the first person I have going to the hotel, I have one of my personal favorite adventures prepared for you.

    With a rather rude awakening having missed your intended stop in Cortoza, you decide that you may as well attempt to get some proper sleep as opposed to taking a long nap on the concrete of the garage. Despite not being particularly happy about having to attempt to do so on a place named Phantom Isle, you rummage through the boathouse for a bit before locating a dusty old map with a few good water stains on it, which given the ruined name, you can only assume belongs to the Isle on which you’ve found yourself stuck for the next few days. Surveying the map, you locate the large hotel found on the other end of the theme park that the island is known for and decide to head there in search of a bed on which to rest your weary head.

    As you walk through the park on your way to the hotel, it appears quiet, and not in the way that you would expect for a place named such as it is. Indeed, the park itself seems rather... not spooky. However, as you approach the hotel, the building’s lights slowly flicker on, greeting you with their ominous glow. And before you have a moment to process this, the front doors swing open, and a calm melody can be heard playing in the lobby. Taking a moment before following the tune, you hesitantly make your way inside to find the lobby a bit dusty but otherwise quite well taken care of. Still thinking of sleep, you head for the desk to grab a room key, only to find that there is but one that remains, if you can still call it a key. The metal key has been worn down to a single cylindrical nub, and the number tag attached is similarly worn, though not without a number, as a large 0 is carved haphazardly into the tag. If you still wish to sleep here, you will likely have to find a proper key to do so, and though you initially intend to leave the fake key where it hangs, it soon launches itself off of its hook and lands in front of you, taunting you with the number carved into its metal.

    ...whatever shall you do?
    Bypassing the rather drab looking park entirely, Jeri headed straight for the hotel, seeking at least a little bit of shelter. Decrepit buildings definitely weren't his favorite, but it seemed better than camping. He approaches the building, reaching out an arm in anticipation of opening the door, but the door opens for him, the lights of the lobby flickering on as he approached. Jeri froze, taken aback a little by the sudden activity from the seemingly abandoned hotel, but hesitantly proceeded, drawn in by a soothing song emanating from the entrance.

    "H-Hello?" he called into the dusty reception area. He was a little surprised by how well-kept the furniture and rugs were, considering the somewhat sorry state of the exterior. Searching for staff, he found none (as he expected), and decided to check out the desk to see if there were any keys he could use.

    He found only one, but it was hardly a key. All the teeth had been worn off and its metal tag was unreadable, but there was a rough "0" carved into it. Jeri scratched his head a little, not totally sure what to do from here. He contemplated taking the key for a moment, but it's warn out state meant it probably wasn't going to be much use. He decided to continue on, in search of another key. But, before he could, the key shot out in front of him, clinking onto the floor. Jeri was stopped in his tracks, blinking in disbelief for a moment. Wary of what just happened, he bent down to get a closer look at it. It seemed no more impressive close up. But if it insisted in coming along, who was he to deny it the trip? Picking it up gingerly, he pocketed the key before continuing on to explore the lobby and the hotel further.


    {ASB} [FB] (dA) ~JSfSN~
    Thanks to Sammi for this banner.

    [jerichi]

    A new fanfic by yours truly.
    E.S.P.A.S.
    "I hope your mother dies in a silo explosion." ~ The Mozz

    It's not easy
    being green.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Emp - Wes is fully aware of the fact that this casino far outranked Jirachi's in terms of splendor and polish; however, it also outranked Jirachi's Casino when it came to the risks the Casino demanded of its patrons. Recalling the pups one by one with the mentality that such a posh place was not necessarily appropriate for a group of rambunctious young Eevee, the young man is interrupted as he watches a woman run out of "lifetime" right before his eyes. Seeing her horrified reaction amidst a sea of expressionless, apathetic faces, was more than enough to help Wes comprehend the gravity of the situation he finds himself in. Fortunately, the strange Solosis whose telepathic signature mimics the Reuniclus that Wes interacted with before his strange journey is quick to provide Wes with a pass to verify his membership to this sinister establishment, which at least prevents him from being forcibly kicked out right off the bat. Wes could not be certain if this was the exact same Pokemon that he had encountered before, or an offspring, but neither explanation seemed easily plausible. Either way, the Solosis seemed to recognize him somehow, and his friendly nature was enough to reassure Wes that the help he provides was at least genuine, even if his identity was questionable.

    When the sharply-dressed Golurk makes its way over to the scruffy-looking trainer, it seems rather surprised that Wes is actually able to provide him with the appropriate card; giving him the once-over, it points to Wes' clothes and gives a rather disparaging look, but after scanning the card with his glowing yellow eyes, it seems satisfied enough, though Wes cannot help but notice the fact that the Golurk's focus remains on the muddy tracks that his footprints have left in the formerly pristine blood-red carpet, even while he asks the ghostly security guard for directions to some races he could potentially bet on. After giving the matter some thought, the Golurk points in the direction of a large, red door at the far end of the Casino, over which a sign advertises "Houndoom Races". The Golurk seems hesitant, however, and bows its head, though Wes does not seem quite clear on why the intimidating-looking Pokemon seemed reluctant to point Wes in that direction. It also draws Wes' attention to a blue door with little orange Magikarp painted all over it, which also has the words "MAGIKARP RACES" featured prominently in orange paint to match the little 'karp Pokemon. The Solosis seems focused on a pair of smartly-dressed young men nearby, who smoke their cigars nervously as they converse in hushed tones with one another. The Golurk nods toward the Solosis, as if to silently confirm something, though the motion is so slight that Wes only barely notices it. Wes cannot help but be intrigued by this conversation between the men, which is just loud enough for him to hear;

    "Taco truck? You're... you're kidding me, right? Our entire pack, wiped out by a-"

    "By a taco truck. Yes. I dunno who the Hell was drivin' that thing, but it broke right through the kennel and now we got 7 Houndoom in the hospital. Blood and tacos everywhere. It was a mess, man, a total-"

    "Spare me the details, you idiot. We're losin' money to those b******s racin' MAGIKARP with every wasted second. We have to race SOMETHING or we'll be out ten grand, easy!"

    "Yeah, but what? Where are we gonna find Pokemon to race?"

    Solosis turns to Wes, though his expression, rather than insistant, is serene and nonjudgmental. It seems as if the little cell-like creature has no preference in terms of action, and indeed, Wes could choose to try and engage the men whose Houndoom are in the hospital, or simply make his way to the Magikarp races and ignore them altogether. Or, if neither race appeals to Wes, he could ask the Golurk for directions to a different form of gambling.

    How will Wes react?
    The Golurk’s searchlight-eyes scan from the trainer’s scruffy hair down to his muddy sneakers that'd tracked dirt all over the blood carpeting, giving a dissaproving look before homing in on the member’s card which looked authentic enough. With a sigh of relief Wes counted the footsteps as the mighty sentry continued its patrol, safe for the time being... The adolescent’s eyes switch from the large red door across to the blue door advertising races featuring Houndoom and Magikarp respectively. Wes couldn’t help but smirk – ‘who would want to see a bunch of Magikarp flounder down a race track?’ From personal experience Magikarp weren’t the fastest swimmers. Wes then spotted two men, suited up and whispering among the thick haze of cigar smoke. The boy strained his ears but any voices were drowned out by the noise of the slot machines. The Golurk and Solosis share a subtle exchange, Wes barely able to notice but it looked as though the guard was verifying something to the cell Pokémon. The trainer’s curiosity sharpened, tilting his head in efforts to listen in on the gentlemen’s conversation.

    "Taco truck? You're... you're kidding me, right? Our entire pack, wiped out by a-"

    "By a taco truck. Yes. I dunno who the Hell was drivin' that thing, but it broke right through the kennel and now we got 7 Houndoom in the hospital. Blood and tacos everywhere. It was a mess, man, a total-"

    "Spare me the details, you idiot. We're losin' money to those b******s racin' MAGIKARP with every wasted second. We have to race SOMETHING or we'll be out ten grand, easy!"

    "Yeah, but what? Where are we gonna find Pokemon to race?"

    The boy raised an eyebrow, surely he heard wrong. The idea of a taco truck careering into the Houndoom kennels taking out the whole pack was enough to pull at the trainer’s heartstrings, but Wes was more concerned with the Magikarp races. He could almost feel the Rocket Ball wriggling against his belt – a fully grown koi ready for competition. Was this fate or was something more sinister in store for the lost trainer? Solosis quickly revolves in his gooey mass with a look of shared opportunity, although he didn’t seem too insistent. The trainer had reached a crossroads, and with this offer too great to pass up he slowly approached.

    “I have a Pokémon to race”, Wes interrupted, prizing a Rocket Ball from his jean pocket and tossing it in one hand in efforts to keep his cool, “Guppy is a shiny Magikarp, well trained, at least level fifty. I’m sure he’d fetch some high odds if he entered, but I’d want a nice cut of the earnings...” Wes’s cheeks felt numb as he strained to keep his confident grin, clenching his fists to stop his hands shaking – the realisation of how blasé he’d behaved in front of two shifty characters was enough to send chills down his spine...

    FB
    Last edited by Emp; 22nd May 2013 at 8:18 PM.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel12 View Post

    Yougirasu: A shiver runs along your spine as you read the words “Won’t you play with me?” aloud from the pool of what was once a mirror spilt out on the ground before you. As the child’s laugh rings through your mind once more you begin to contemplate your options of escape. You could attempt to smash through the remaining mirrors in a mad dash for the exit, but you have only one Pokemon even remotely capable of doing so, and the direction in which you entered the building has long since left your mind. As such, you decide to cautiously step out from the area in which you were trapped, expecting a trap to spring from the shadows and cause you to meet your end.

    But alas, no swinging pendulum nor darts of poison. No battering ram nor closing walls. All that lies before you is a straight passageway that seems to stretch on for eternity. Unlike the maze which you had just traversed, the mirrors here are all pristine, and practically identical to the naked eye. As you walk through the passage you attempt to avoid looking at the mirrors, lest the shadow you witnessed before make an appearance again. But as you look there is no shadow, only yourself, reflected infinitely in the halls boundless supply of surfaces, and as you walk there is no echo, only the sound of your own two feet clattering beneath you. The monotonous walk seems to stretch on forever, and as you look behind you the area from which you emerged is now long since lost. As you turn your head back towards your seemingly unreachable destination you catch something out of the corner of your eye, a single mirror with the phrase “Won’t you play with me?” carved deep into its surface. Unsure how the words got there when they were not a moment ago, it dawns on you that whatever is keeping you here has no intention of letting you go any time soon.

    ...whatever shall you do?
    Taking the extra precaution, Yougi crept out from his reflective cage and into the hallway that had emerged. His eyes darted about, looking for something out of place. Such eerie happenings warranted a swinging pendulum, charging battering ram or encroaching walls that would transport him into the light. Fortunately, nothing seemed to appear at least for the minute. Ahead of him lay a seemingly endless path, either side lined with pristine mirrors. Unlike the ones within the hall, these were flawless, as good as new- if not better.
    'How is that even possible?' He thought to himself before choosing to dispel this series of thoughts. He instead decided that the best thing to do, to avoid anything that might terrorize his already overstretched sense of fear, was to glue his gaze firmly on his feet as he took his first steps into the hallway to nowhere.
    Of course, even if his eyes were focused down on his feet, that didn't stop his imagination from running wild. His mind seemed to race with shadows that could have been appearing for all he knew.

    Walking onwards, he eventually noticed that there was a distinct lack of echo within the hallway. There had always been an echo whilst he was walking and whilst the break was a relief to his senses, it was altogether unnerving. The only sound that he found was the rapping of his feet with each step against the floor that he was walking on. It seemed like he'd been walking for quite a while, but it had taken him some time to figure out what was different about his walk.
    Deciding that he'd made a decent journey so far, he straightened his neck, stretching out the kinks in it, and looked behind him to check on his progress so far. Looking back towards the origin of the hallway, he's shocked to see that the entrance is no longer visible. Instead, he's simply looking out into a darkness that now lies on either side of the path. His mind races once more, hoping that the starting point had simply been lost in the distance, whilst the more sinister parts of his mind suspected that something could have happened to it. Although his imagination couldn't stretch to anything more than something.
    Returning his gaze back to the unseen destination, he looked deep into the darkness for just a second before his attention was caught by something else. Out of the corner of his eye, he'd noticed something different, a flaw within one of the mirrors.
    "Won't you play with me?" He read out as he stared into the mirror. The now recurring phrase had been carved deep into the surface, spoiling the reflective qualities of a perfectly good mirror. The phrase seemed to have been waiting for him. He was sure that it hadn't been there before, meaning that it had appeared as he was turned around. He stopped to reflect on how they might have been etched there in such a short space of time before something else ran across his mind. There was the thought that he was being toyed with. And, worse that that, he was sure that things were only just getting started. This wasn't a good thing, since that also meant that whatever was out there had no intention of letting him go any time soon.

    Faced with this realization, Yougi paused on his journey. His mind ticked over, running over everything that he'd figured out so far. It worked far faster than it had since he'd arrived, since he needed ideas sooner rather than later. He had no idea how much further his destination might be and how long he'd need to walk down this path. No idea if the path that lead back to the beginning exists any more and, worst of all, he had no idea who was communicating with him through the medium of mirrors. He paced back and forth as his mind worked over, not moving more than a few mirrors away from the message, figuring out his next move. Something was playing with him and, he couldn't be sure if this was their game or not. It was if he was ten steps behind a mysterious figure, not that he knew if they were a playmate or an opponent.
    He cried out in frustration. It welled up inside of him now that his mind was mulling everything over. When he had been in the hall of mirrors, things hadn't been too bad, he'd know what was happening and the frustrations that you encountered there were all part of the experience. This was another kettle of fish though, supernatural games weren't something that you came across normally and they were far more frustrating. He was left feeling like a pawn in a game of chess, being moved slowly along a path, not knowing where he was heading just that he had to go straight. And the very worst part of this supernatural spectacle were the messages. Someone, somewhere was simply playing with him and forcing him to walk far, far further than he had anticipated. Suddenly, it was all too much.

    His eyes closed to shield himself from anything he was about to do, his body reacted to all the anger and frustration that was welling up.
    'Things wouldn't feel this bad if I knew who or what was out there.' He thought to himself as he moved.
    "I'll play with you!" He called out, before his fist started moving. "But enough with these games!"
    As his fist rushed forwards, he knew that it was aiming for the message. After all, it was the only thing that he could really aim at. He just wished that he could shut his imagination off and that the impact wouldn't hurt too much, although his head was telling him otherwise.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Phantom Isle
    The Haunted Theme Park

    The Park
    Ghost Train: Enter if you dare - The Ghost Train, the site of the disaster responsible for the closure of the theme park. Ghostly visits from children lost are reported to have scared many a construction crew away from this site while some of the strongest and darkest Pokémon of all are rumoured to dwell within the burnt out remains of this once popular ride.
    Stacey stood before the entrance to Haunted Theme Park taking a moment to observe the vastness of what was once a great landmark in Fizzytopia. It was nearing Dusk and the sun was setting against the horizon casting eerie reds and oranges across the structures within the Park. It had been a long while since she last ventured out and choosing somewhere so similar to her home made her feel a little safer. After her last adventure she was feeling a little on edge and jittery and amazingly being somewhere where ghosts resided made her more comfortable. She breathed in deeply and smiled as she felt a presence hovering over her shoulder. She turned her head to spot her Yamask looking towards the Park with excitement glistening in her eyes. This was her very first adventure and her mistress has chosen such a wonderful place to explore. She heard a grunt beneath her and floated down to chatter to her brother, Pyrexia feeling a little left out. His flame burnt brightly casting dancing shadows around him as his frown was turned upside down, his sister easily perking him up.

    "Lets go in then shall we," Stacey said and it was all the mischievous duo needed as they floated and bounced into the Park squealing at all spooky rides and stalls. Stacey chuckled but was quick to chase after them not wanting to lose them, she knew what these two could get up to. She gasped at the large rides such as the Rollerquaza that towered above her. She loved rollercoasters and considered taking a closer look but her Pokemon had other ideas and were venturing further. She passed a Pirate Ship, Helter Skelter and Ferris Wheel and each time her Pokemon passed them searching for something else.

    Soon Stacey stopped outside the Fortune Teller's Tent marvelling at how a light was still shining from inside. She was curious and was making her way over to the tent when she heard a cry of exuberance from her Pokemon. She turned to see them standing before The Ghost Train and she stopped feeling a little panic in her heart, something was warning her away but deep within she felt a call, a tug at something dark hidden within wanting her, begging her to move. She felt her feet move of their own accord and she caught up with her Pokemon who stared at their trainer with interest. They saw a dark gleam in her eye and a wicked smile that graced her lips and were surprised, she had never looked that way before, not to them anyway.

    "Many people died here" she said in a far off voice before blinking rapidly and staring at her concerned Pokemon. "I'm fine don't worry, trust you two to find this place," she said and they instantly brightened begging her to take them within.

    "Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint my babies, come on then lets go take a look but stay close to each other and to me okay." They nodded happy to get their way, this was the eeriest place in the Park, which meant that they just had to go there!


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    CyberBlastoise - Normally, an outdated calendar was nothing to be afraid of. After all, the Phantom Isle Hotel had been around for ages, and it would be logical for such things to be left about, particularly in a place that had supposedly been abandoned for years - and yet, the calendar looked new. It shines with the white, pristine gloss of freshly-printed pages. Given almost 30 years of age, this calendar should be falling apart, or yellowing at the very least. It was hard to believe that something left on the counter of an abandoned hotel would be this well-preserved. On top of that, the supposedly "abandoned" nature of the Hotel seems to be coming more and more into question... Bill's ears catch the sound of the lobby elevator rising to the upper floors, a progressively softer ping! indicating each level it travels away from the floor. Murmurs and footsteps from the staircases echo in Bill's ears. Of course, it could have simply been that the occupants of the hotel were merely sleeping or relaxing in their rooms when Bill arrived, but the very aura of the lobby was different. There was less dust, less clutter... a sense of life that was previously absent. Either a troupe of cleaning ladies had swarmed the lobby while Bill was upstairs and managed to completely turn the place around in the roughly 15 minutes he was away, or something dramatic had happened. It seemed proposterous at first, but time travel was becoming more and more of a plausible explanation. Now that Bill thought about it, even though he was not one for fashion, the shoulder pads, massively curly hair and huge, dangling earrings that the woman wore as part of her ensemble certainly seemed characteristic of the date on the calendar. Of course, now was not the time to dwell on big earrings, or the music that begins wafting in through the speakers in the lobby... Or the sound of the Taco Time taco theme blaring outside the door, as a taco truck parks itself dangerously close to the entrance.

    Tacos, tacos, fun, fun, fun!
    Tacos by the ton, ton, ton,
    on your couch or on the run,
    TACO TIME FOR EVERYONE!


    Taco time...? Wait, no! Now was not the time for tacos! If Bill was going to get any solid answers about the sudden change in his surroundings, he was going to have to make his way to the sixth floor.

    As Bill and his buddy Gold make their way up the stairs, he suddenly finds himself unceremoniously pushed aside, his partner nearly trampled by a pair of bulky hotel security guards, racing one after the other up the stairs without so much as an "excuse me". Despite their rudeness, however, Bill can sense that their lack of apology and sudden push up the stairs might somehow be warranted, as the sounds of gasps and screams become steadily more apparant the higher Bill climbs. Before Bill can reach so much as the fifth floor, however, he is stopped by one of the security guards who pushed Bill aside earlier, who is using his body to block the stairwell.

    "Can't climb no higher, I'm afraid," he states matter-of-factly to Bill, as he reaches for a bag full of Taco Time tacos. "Got a situation here." As the security guard says this, he holds his free hand in front of Bill, giving him a stern look as he waves in a group of police officers that have recently climbed the stairs behind him. As he waves the police officers in, a man in a dark coat with messy brown hair flashes the man a badge, and also receives a gesture to enter through the stairwell. The man with the badge turns around and urges someone behind Bill to hurry up, and Bill feels an unsettling stare at his back... He realizes that whoever was being spoken to by the man seemed to be staring intently at the back of Bill's head. Turning around, Bill comes face to face with a Gothitelle, who indeed seems to be looking at him with incredible intensity. The Gothitelle turns to the man in the dark coat and stares at him for a few moments, and the man nods as if the ladylike Pokemon had communicated something to him.

    "The man with the Totodile is with me," he says, briefly giving Bill a rather strange look. The security guard seems skeptical, and turns to Bill; "Is'sat so?" He asks, his mouth curling into a bit of a sneer before biting into a rather greasy-looking taco.

    How will Bill respond?


    Strange things are happening much more so than Bill anticipated. All this change in surroundings, everything looking more new and so on had Bill question just what was going on. This wasn't just your typical haunting, where ghosts would just move objects around. No, this was more than that. Even music started playing outside, not standard fair music like he expected, more like...a taco truck? Were there even taco trucks back then? Either way, Bill knew that something was amiss and headed up the stairs, only to be pushed aside by some rather rude men in uniform. Almost on cue, there was a lot of screaming sounding upstairs, and Bill knew this was no coincidence. He quickly followed them up.

    Unfortunately, Bill's answer was about to be impeded by a police officer stopping him. Before Bill could object, not that it'd do him good, a strange man and his Gothitelle appeared. The Gothitelle gave Bill a once over, most likely a telepathic picking of the brain, before communicating to its trainer, or at least Bill assumed that he was its trainer. This guy at least opened a window of opportunity for the young trainer. Normally, Bill would jump at it, but something seemed off. What reason could this man, this stranger, have for helping him? Is all this just an illusion? Question after question flooded Bill's mind, but just standing around wouldn't help.

    "Yeah," Bill said with a slight smile. "I'm with him." Maybe the man would be as incompetent at reading lies as he seemed to be with doing his job. At least the man didn't seem all that concerned with whatever it was that was happening upstairs. Even if this strange guy was as suspicious to Bill as Bill was to the officer, he could see if he can find a motive after they had left earshot of the officer.

    Besides, there is the possibility that if this were an illlusionary haunting that this guy is really a friendly ghost; it's not like all spectral forces were malicious, after all. Gold followed suit and nodded his head towards the officer as well.
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 26th June 2013 at 4:03 AM.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Last Stop
    Posts
    2,178

    Default People Have Many Fears, Which One Shall Be Yours?

    Apologies for the long wait, all. Between moving and trying to find a job and pneumonia it's been hard to find the time.

    -----

    myahoo: - Your soul lingers here...

    -----

    Marion Ette: - Your soul lingers here...

    -----

    Yougirasu: Your mind begins to race as you spot the words carved into the mirror. "Won't you play with me?" It was just sitting there, taunting you, the words carved fresh in the otherwise pristine mirror. As you think you instinctively begin to pace, keeping an eye on the words at all times as you do so. Both paths seemed to stretch on forever now, and this mirror was the only thing different. Your mind quickly became filled with doubts, was whatever was leaving this message truly wanting to play, or were their intentions more... sinister? More anxiety slowly builds, welling up inside you until you just cannot take it any longer. You close your eyes and shout at whatever it is leaving you these message, and your arm swings. You know even with your eyes closed and your head filled with rage the exact place your fist lands.

    ...but as you open your eyes you look back at the mirror. It's cracked plenty now, with your fist firmly planted in the center, the lines breaking out from the edges of those haunting words. As you pull your hand back you're surprised at the lack of pain, and upon closer inspection, and damage at all, despite the many shards of glass created by the punch. You don't have long to think about it, though, before the lights at either end of the hallway begin to fizzle out and go dark. One by one the lights continue to fizzle and the darkness closes in on you, and as you look back and forth frantically between both ends of the hall you know it will catch you. The lights fall until only the one directly above you remains, and as it begins to fizzle you gulp and lock eyes with your reflection in the cracked mirror.

    But something is wrong. In the dimming light your reflection still bears a resemblance to you, but its mouth is caught wide in a maliciously toothy grin. The arms and legs seem to hang limp from the body of your reflection and you quickly notice the red ring around its neck. Just before everything goes dark you make eye contact one last time and your reflection begins to mouth something. You don't have any doubt in your mind as to the five words the mouth makes. "Won't you play with me?" And the light gives out, surrendering you to utter darkness.

    And then the drop. You don't know how or why, but you find yourself falling in the darkness. Not as though the floor has given out, but instead as if it was never even there. The words echo through the darkness as you fall, becoming quieter and quieter with each repetition. You are unsure where you're going but one thing is certain. This game is just beginning.

    ...whatever shall you do?

    -----

    Jerichi: Attempting to leave the key behind you find yourself rather puzzled as it suddenly chucks itself at your feet. A closer inspection as you lean down reveals nothing of import, and you shrug off the odd occurrence before reaching out and picking up the dirty old key and continuing to look around.

    The area behind the receptionist the hotel ledger sits. A quick glance at some of the dates reveals that nobody has been here for years, the dates running back to the day of the accident in the park. But your eye becomes caught on the last entry in the ledger, and for good reason.

    Name: Jerald Chih

    Most of the remaining fields of the entry are oddly smudged, despite every other line in the book being able to be read crystal clear. Among the unreadable fields are the room number as well as the date and time of check in. Only a single number can be read for the check in date, and that would be the year. Or at least, you think it's the year, given it's four digits, but it cannot possibly be correct, having been over a decade ago. The single other field that is not smudged is the check out date. But there are no numbers here. Instead, there is simply a bold, decisive line drawn through the box.

    The implications are somewhat misleading, but it quickly becomes apparent as to the meaning as the doors of the hotel lobby slam shut, and the well lit room darkens somewhat. Even the calming music is playing along, slowing down and deepening in pitch. And despite the ominous events things still seem... safe. But perhaps that's just due to the reason you came to the hotel originally slowly catching up to you as your eyelids are beginning to feel a bit heavy.

    ...whatever shall you do?

    -----

    Escalion: Welcome to my group, as previously stated I am so very sorry about the wait.

    As you arrive on Phantom Isle and step off of the boat, you slowly make your way towards the entrance of the park, all the while airing your intent to seek out the specters rumored to live within. Just outside of the gates you open your map and take a look at the attractions. Nothing that would normally catch the eye of someone your age seems to interest you, and when you make note of the Fortune Teller's Tent you quickly decide to head there. Where better to search for something you believe to be fake than in the lair of another false object, after all?

    The tent lies fairly deep into the park, and as you make your way to it you notice something odd about the rest of the attractions. As you begin to approach each one it slowly begins to light up, some even going so far as to play their music and run the rides. But, as you pass each and every one, they slowly turn off their lights and sounds, in a manner that makes them seem almost dejected. Shrugging it off, you eventually find your way to the Fortune Teller's Tent. But as you approach, there are no signs of life to the tent, no flashing lights nor music playing. But you suppose that is to be expected from such a place. Entering, you notice the room is well kept despite the long time it has been since the park closing, with not a single cobweb nor particle of dust plaguing the tent. Your eyes are immediately drawn to the one bright object in the tent, a crystal ball sitting squarely on the center table, lighting the room as an ominous fog seemingly swirls inside of it. Shadows of other objects dance around the room, but as you look at the ball from the entrance you see something moving within. Unable to get a clear view it is apparent you will need to get closer in order to see the object the ball is portraying to you.

    ...whatever shall you do?

    -----

    Arc_Angel: Glad to have you in my group. I hope my haunting tale lives up to your standards of scary.

    As you make your way slowly to the the entrance of your park, staring up in awe at the magnificent gates of this once proud place of joy now turned sour, your Pokemon quickly race off ahead of you, seemingly looking for something in specific. You find yourself passing many well known rides, all of them looking more and more enticing to you, but Pyrexia and Pandora press onward eagerly. There is one attraction that stops you quickly in your tracks, though. Through the dark and torn fabric of the Fortune Teller's Tent you spy a glowing light, seemingly calling out to you from within. You take a step towards it before you suddenly hear your ghostly duo cry out in joy. Turning to face them your eyes widen as you catch sight of what the two have been looking for. The Ghost Train, site of the terrible accident that caused the park to be shut down and run to disrepair. Turning your head back towards the tent the light has gone, and you shrug before casting aside your doubts and heading towards the queue of the ride your Pokemon are so eager to check out. A few ominous words leave your lips and seemingly only cause the two to become more excited.

    The walk up to the tracks is a long one, and even the queue itself seems to be fallen into a poor state. Ropes are cut in some places, burnt in others, likely from pranksters looking to have a good time. But the metal bars forming the lines are more disturbing, some of them bent off in jagged points, forcing you to sidestep them carefully to prevent any accidental injury. The final steps up to the station are oddly pristine, though, and you strangely get the same feeling you would when walking up the stairs of a church. This place was hallowed ground to the spirits here, and it's likely anyone attempting to disturb it never got very far.

    As you reach the top of the steps and take a look around the area, it seems the cleanest place in the park. In fact, if you didn't know better you'd expect to be able to hop on the train yourself and go for a ride. There is no train car, however, likely instead it is still buried deep within the cave where it crashed. You stare into the darkness, it seems to call to you, even, and just when you're about to look away the same bright light from the Fortune Teller's Tent shines from within, if only for a moment, before quickly fading away.

    ...whatever shall you do?

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel12 View Post
    Arc_Angel: Glad to have you in my group. I hope my haunting tale lives up to your standards of scary.

    As you make your way slowly to the the entrance of your park, staring up in awe at the magnificent gates of this once proud place of joy now turned sour, your Pokemon quickly race off ahead of you, seemingly looking for something in specific. You find yourself passing many well known rides, all of them looking more and more enticing to you, but Pyrexia and Pandora press onward eagerly. There is one attraction that stops you quickly in your tracks, though. Through the dark and torn fabric of the Fortune Teller's Tent you spy a glowing light, seemingly calling out to you from within. You take a step towards it before you suddenly hear your ghostly duo cry out in joy. Turning to face them your eyes widen as you catch sight of what the two have been looking for. The Ghost Train, site of the terrible accident that caused the park to be shut down and run to disrepair. Turning your head back towards the tent the light has gone, and you shrug before casting aside your doubts and heading towards the queue of the ride your Pokemon are so eager to check out. A few ominous words leave your lips and seemingly only cause the two to become more excited.

    The walk up to the tracks is a long one, and even the queue itself seems to be fallen into a poor state. Ropes are cut in some places, burnt in others, likely from pranksters looking to have a good time. But the metal bars forming the lines are more disturbing, some of them bent off in jagged points, forcing you to sidestep them carefully to prevent any accidental injury. The final steps up to the station are oddly pristine, though, and you strangely get the same feeling you would when walking up the stairs of a church. This place was hallowed ground to the spirits here, and it's likely anyone attempting to disturb it never got very far.

    As you reach the top of the steps and take a look around the area, it seems the cleanest place in the park. In fact, if you didn't know better you'd expect to be able to hop on the train yourself and go for a ride. There is no train car, however, likely instead it is still buried deep within the cave where it crashed. You stare into the darkness, it seems to call to you, even, and just when you're about to look away the same bright light from the Fortune Teller's Tent shines from within, if only for a moment, before quickly fading away.

    ...whatever shall you do?
    I look forward to whatever you have planned for me, thanks again for taking me on.

    Stacey found herself staring into the abyss, the mouth of the Ghost Train gaping open in a enormous yawn, or it could be a roar and even at a distance it was impressive. She stared entranced by the eerie atmosphere as her young ghosts stared up at her wide grins on their faces at her demeanour. They had hardly seen the darker side of her and it was interesting to say the least. Snapping out of it Stacey started to walk towards the queue with her Litwick bouncing by her side and her Yamask floating by her head. The walk leading up to the tracks was longer than she first thought. The ropes were broken and frayed and some were burnt to a crisp, mindless vandalism it would seem. The metal bars supporting the ropes were snapped and bent into dangerous points that threatened to do some serious damage should she walk too close by them. Stacey was very careful as she walked through the maze of metal watching as Pyrexia easily bounced around the dangers and Pandora floated above and the two got a little too keen and moved on ahead; but one stern cough from Stacey had them halting in their tracks. As she reached the steps leading to the tracks were pristine in comparison, like a lot of time and care had been taken to keep them in this condition.

    Stacey stopped at the base of the steps looking down at them warily, feeling like she was about to tread on hallowed ground. Her Pokemon were less concerned however and moved on ahead and rolling her eyes she sighed and continued up after them. As she looked down at the tracks and the platform she realised that it was equally as fresh and clean up here too, almost as if the ride was brand new. There was no car to ride in, most likely buried deep within the ride from where it crashed. Pyrexia and Pandora stared into the tunnel with awe and chatted excitedly amongst themselves most likely plotting something nefarious.

    Stacey walked up to them staring deep into the tunnel feeling that tug again and fighting against it this time. Too many times had she let her guard down and too many times had she and her Pokemon suffered for it. She began to look away from the tunnel when she saw a flash of light from within. She gasped and turned back spotting the warm glow before it faded away. It looked so much like the light from the Fortune Teller's Tent, the light that had drawn her almost away from this destination. She gave a small grin, it was ironic, it seemed that something wanted her to walk down the tunnel. It was as if it was searching within her mind and luring her in. She sighed, oh well, if something wanted her to explore the Ghost Train, then explore she would but she wouldn't be alone. She jumped down to the tracks and walked over to her Pokemon almost startling them out of their plotting.

    "Whatever you two are planning it can't be good," she said and her Pokemon looked sheepish. "We had better keep our wits about us and keep your plan handy, we may need it. Come on, lets go see what lies within." Stacey walked ahead of them before they realised and they quickly moved to follow her grinning at the thought of all the ghoulies they may encounter.


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  15. #315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Hotel
    Situated at the back of the theme park is a grand hotel where guests and their Pokémon stayed whilst visiting. The ground floor has the usual areas such as lobby, restaurant, boutique, and entertainment room, while the downstairs levels house a storeroom and very special casino for its patrons. The hotel is still very active but its guests are far different than you might be used to encountering. The eight upper floors containing the suites are more often than not inhabited by spirits, some being those who perished in the fateful incident that closed the park. Some are restless not realising they are dead, and some are harmless, while others are not. Wander around the hotel and you may find more than you'd bargained for.

    Areas:
    Entertainment Room: A place for visitors to unwind after spending a long day wandering around the park. A pool table is it's central focal point, although there are several arcade machines lining the walls as well as many tables set out with board games for children to play. Tron and Jumanji are child's play compared to what goes on in here nowadays.
    OoC: I'm writing this intro as a continuation and jumping board from my AR story that had no end. If you want me to change it please let me know by PM.

    Proof of me passing the AR and my stats.

    With his tired weary eyes a young man stumbled his way on the islands mainland. His jeans drenched knee deep in sea water, scorched leather jacket covered in dirt and with his sand covered combat boots on hand; he walked forward desperately wishing to get out of his wet clothes and take a hot shower.

    With everything that happened in Mediville, Ethan couldn't find any clues connecting to the man who bombed the train or even why the Solosis that attacked him had a black band around it's body...The worst of it was the authorities, suspecting him of setting it off in the first place...he may have been a thief but a terrorists was a whole other story. Naturally he fled.

    But…he could only get so far; with a freak storm throwing him off course and now…he seemed to be in a deserted amusement park.

    A thick fog covering most of the land, giving off an eerie impression with very little light coming threw…Ethan walked up to the grand hotel took in the size and luxurious old look the building still seemed to have over who knows how many years. Walking through the lobby he felt a sudden chill that made his skin crawl before yelling out "Anybody in here?!" and sighing "of course not.." he mumbled.

    He looked around and noticed a set of keys hanging behind the counter. But before walking toward it to take one, he noticed a glow coming from a room by the side, with intrigue the boy walked over and entered an Arcade Room. Fumbling through his pocket he figured he had enough change for a game or two…but which one?
    Last edited by Electric Blue Eye; 19th May 2014 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Adding in a new link to me passing the AR

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •