Thread: The Arcane Realm

Default The Arcane Realm

The Arcane Realm

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to FB's style of roleplay before they venture into other zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on. Currently it is not a compulsory zone, but if you one day wish to update an FB zone then a prerequisite is that you must have completed an adventure in this zone.

While the updates I provide here will be short due to other responsibilities I have inside and outside of FB, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent reply and to RP to your highest standard. Please remember that you need to make at least a 300 word reply or you will not receive a further update and while we don't always expect lengthy replies (beyond 300 words), we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good, so aim to give them your best.

Rules
    - Please reply using size 1 font.
    - Post no less than 300 words in reply. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
    - No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
    - Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
    - ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, please don't quote the entire post including updates for other members, only the update that has been written for you.
    - Please do not take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updater.
    - When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are instructing your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
    - When in a battle situation please do not attempt to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but please do not assume that your strategy will work; the outcome is entirely at the discretion of your updater.
    - If you're unsure of whether or not you can do something, please PM your updater prior to replying. We hope we never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarrassing for you, and uncomfortable for us.
    - We do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. We do, however, understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you can at the very least provide a direct link to your members post we'll appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Below are a list of areas you may venture to, so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.

The Arcane Realm

Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
    An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.
    Last edited by enchantress; 21st March 2016 at 8:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The FB Training Zone
    The Arcane Realm

A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.
    [/size]
    The Doctor turns around, surprised at the sudden drop in temperature and sinking snow beneath his feet. “Oh, hello! What place is this?” The Doctor looked confused. His memory not helping, he looks around. Beautiful Mountains covered the skyline, A sheet of snow for as far as one could see, the place was more beautiful than the Doctor had ever seen in his entire life. The Doctor was awe-struck as he still tried to figure out his location. All these emotions running in the Doctor’s mind helped him avoid the feeling cold, taking his mind off.

Suddenly, The Doctor felt a little nudge on his feet. A warm one. As if the God of snow had blessed him with the power to survive the harshest of winters. He looked down. He found a Pokemon nibbling away at his shoes. Surprised, he got on his knees and started talking to the Pokemon. “Hello! What are you doing here you tiny little creature?” The Doctor was left wondering what a fire type Pokemon was doing in such a cold environment. He felt sad for the Pokemon, anger for the trainer who had left the Pokemon there. Petting the Pokemon on it’s head, and its mane, The Doctor found a dog-tag attached to it. “Oh, there you are you little Vulpix. Let me see your name.” The Doctor pulled up the dog-tag to find a name written on it. Surprised and shocked, the doctor fell back. He didn’t want to believe it. The little Vulpix jumped on top of the Doctor and started licking his face. The Doctor picked up the Pokemon. “Is it you? Is it really you, Rose?” Rose was Doctor’s first and only Pokemon. Doctor had lost Rose (Vulpix) in the war of time. Rose kept on licking Doctor’s face. Doctor was very much surprised to see his old friend. Doctor got up in ecstasy, holding Rose along with him. “It’s you! It’s really you! I can’t believe it. Oh my God, Rose, you do not know how much I’ve missed you.” The Doctor gives his Pokemon a warm hug.

“So, Rose, are you ready to explore the cold, windy mountains along with me?” The Doctor was very excited and so was Rose (Vulpix). Rose nudged back at The Doctor’s face. Both of them set off, running towards one of the many mountains. They kept running, probably for a very long time, until The Doctor stopped all of a sudden. “Do you hear that Rose?” The Doctor could hear the clouds rumbling, a far distant voice. “It looks like it going to be a long, cold, snowy night, Rose. We better start to find some shelter.” Rose (Vulpix) Jumped off of The Doctor’s hands and started to sniff the ground, helping The Doctor to find some shelter. “Don’t worry Rose, that isn’t going to work. The snow cover is too much for you to sniff out anything. The only that that will happen is, you catching cold and, of course, we do not want that to happen, do we?” The Doctor opened his backpack and removed his map. “Alright then, let’s see what good are you?” The Doctor said, looking at the map. He could find nothing, sadly. “Aye, what a waste of a map you are, I can do better without one”. The doctor puts his map back inside as he starts to walk ahead. “Let’s go Rose!” He can see nothing but snow for a long distance along with the only deteriorating weather.

Trainer Profile

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 26th March 2016 at 1:37 AM. Reason: Paragraphs.

The Arcane Realm

The Arcane Realm

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.
    Emily had always been a peculiar little child. While her peers had favourite types such as Fire or Electric Pokemon, she had always felt rather fond of the types that often got ignored. One such type was the Ghost type, which had scared even the toughest of kids back when she was in kindergarten. She adored how creepy they looked, and had often dreamt of visiting haunted places such as Mount Pyre, Eterna Forest’s Old Chateau and even the infamous Lavender Town. In fact, she was so desperate to visit these places, that one of her relatives had been thoughtful enough to capture a Duskull on his visit to Mount Pyre when she was younger.

Archimedes, as she called him, was about as loyal as a Growlithe, and followed Emily everywhere she went. She adored her little Duskull, and her thirst for knowledge about Ghost types was growing with every passing day – no matter how boring the day seemed.

There was nothing boring about what was going to happen today in her opinion. Emily had heard about many places in her life that were considered to be haunted, but when she became aware of a nearby graveyard that was said to have high paranormal activity, she just couldn’t resist. She decided that the best way to experience everything was to travel on foot (besides, she needed some exercise anyway), and Archimedes looked just as eager as she was to find some creepy stuff. He trailed behind her, giggling in the eerie manner that most of his kin did as an expression of anticipation.

His mistress nodded. “Yeah, Archimedes, I know,” she said, turning to pat her Duskull’s head. Her skin broke out in goose bumps as her hand came into contact with Archimedes’ skull mask. “Just be patient – we’re almost there, okay?”

They continued walking, making their way to the graveyard and whatever awaited them within.

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 30th March 2016 at 3:36 AM.
    Latest Shiny: (3,798 REs) (B2)

Current Hunts: Virbank Complex (B2/W2) - 6,003 REs | (FR/LG) - 1002 SRs

The Arcane Realm

”Have you heard about the treasure”
    ”What treasure?”

”The ones at Silverton Ranges”
    ”That place that’s freezing?”

”Yeah that one. I hear there’s silver as far as the eye can see”
    ”Hence SILVERTON Ranges huh.”

”Hahahaha” these 2 men were at the local bar trying to have a conversation of the noise. Another person, Ancres, who sat next to them listened eagerly to what they had to say trying not to grab their attention he continued to listen
    ”Where do you even find this silver?”
”In the mines obviously”
    ”The ones that were shut down a while ago”
    ”Yep those ones.”
    ”Oh maaaaan thats dangerous though”
    ”Yeah man I’ll just not go there, too much of a risk you know”. That was all Ancres needed to rush out of the bar towards the mountain. This sounded like a fun adventure that both him and his partner Cyndaquil could do together.

The beautiful mountain range stood before him, the sun glistering on the snow as if it was made of tin foil warping the mountains and hiding it’s secrets and valuables in it. Ancres stood before it and then decided to run up the mountain full of enthusiasm as he ran up, thinking he was destined to find a cool treasure as he ran up. Ancres ran up with naivety and carelessness as he ran through not paying any attention

He finally got deeper in the mountain range as a snow started to fall. He stumbled several times already as he continued running upwards stumbling more often. ”Pff how annoying. Guess I can’t run anymore or else I’ll fall more” Ancres muttered to himself. As the wind picked up it dawned on Ancres that he forgot to bring a change of clothes as he was soaked wet due to his stumbling into the snow. The clothes stuck to him like glue and the wind that was blowing made matters worse as his teeth clattered all the time. In an attempt to keep himself warm he started rubbing his arms together with little success.

”This reminds me where I used to live in the mountains in the snow. Remember Cyndaquil?” He was talking to himself, his pokemon was still in its ball waiting to be called out. ”Maybe now. Actuallymaybe not… I need to find a cave first too make sure I don’t harm Cyndaquil and to make full use of the heat as he continued to walk through the snow" he muttered to himself as the wind reminded him how alone he was.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
    “Mediville, huh?” Mina says. “I wonder if Meditite like me live here?” Latte giggles at how her new Meditite is beginning to open up to her. She feels a little sad thinking that someone has left her at the Adoption Centre, but that is outweighed by the joy she feels now that Chachi’s got a Pokemon friend, and of course for her, a new Pokemon of her own.

Latte walks on the dirt path approaching Mediville, with Mina levitating beside her in an Indian-sit position. The path seemed to be muddy, and the soles on Latte’s shoes speak of this. “I think the name says it all!” Latte replies. “It appears that low-leveled Pokemon get to train here. I’m excited to have things spiced up for you!”

“So am I,” Mina says in a calm manner. “I’m looking forward to going back to my training.” Latte hasn’t heard much about Mediville, except for it being a village and an agricultural area. Still, from the information she has heard, she knows she can train her Meditite there and have her new friendship bloom.

There’s also much she wants to learn about Mediville, for some reason. Latte hopes to ask the villagers around in-between her training with Mina. Was there a history to this place? Could there be legends, perhaps? It would be an amazing trip if she get to enhance her skills as a Pokemon trainer, and have new knowledge shine on her. Latte is also hoping that she gets to catch a Pokemon here as well. Her excitement over getting Mina is still lingering, and she hopes to grow her new family soon. New town, new knowledge, new Pokemon. What a time to be alive!

Mina, although not explicitly enthused as her new Trainer is, as she is more calm due to her intensive meditation, feels happy being able to go on adventures again. She seems to get a feel of goodness and kindheartedness in Latte, as well as the determination and the thirst for learning and adventure. Mina sensed in Latte the excitement of being a new Trainer, and although they had just met and are still getting to know each other, Mina is certain that she has left in the right hands. Equally, she is excited about getting to know her new Pokemon friend Chachi, even though they’ve only met briefly. Her calmness allows her to take in the positive energy around her, and allows her to feel more tranquil and in tune with the present.

With all these thoughts, the farmers that Latte and Mina see appear to be energized and motivated. Hope radiates from their eyes and this reflects on everything they see.

Latte's Profile