The Arcane Realm
Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to FB's style of roleplay before they venture into other zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on. Currently it is not a compulsory zone, but if you one day wish to update an FB zone then a prerequisite is that you must have completed an adventure in this zone.
While the updates I provide here will be short due to other responsibilities I have inside and outside of FB, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent reply and to RP to your highest standard. Please remember that you need to make at least a 300 word reply or you will not receive a further update and while we don't always expect lengthy replies (beyond 300 words), we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good, so aim to give them your best.
- Please reply using size 1 font.
- Post no less than 300 words in reply. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
- No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
- Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
- ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, please don't quote the entire post including updates for other members, only the update that has been written for you.
- Please do not take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updater.
- When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are instructing your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
- When in a battle situation please do not attempt to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but please do not assume that your strategy will work; the outcome is entirely at the discretion of your updater.
- If you're unsure of whether or not you can do something, please PM your updater prior to replying. We hope we never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarrassing for you, and uncomfortable for us.
- We do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. We do, however, understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you can at the very least provide a direct link to your members post we'll appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.
And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.
Below are a list of areas you may venture to, so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.
The Arcane Realm
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.
The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.
Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?
Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.
The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.
Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.