Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 107

Thread: The Lost Cities of Talas - The Archaeology Zone

  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    No
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    Fireray: Although you'd picked the Island of Talas to adventure in, you soon began to wonder why as the blaring heat smacked the back of your neck, the desert-continent's weather well established and documented by the region's large number of scientists. Although usually accompanied by your friend and Pokémon Cyndaquil, today you are accompanied by your lesser-leveled Pokémon, the ones you needed to spend time with to gain that special bond between trainer and Pokémon. You shrug off the decision to come to Talas and move along the desolate wasteland until you find the legendary Laos River, once described by Pokémon Magazine as 'the most beautiful river and yet the most deadly, snaking across tropical jungle and out to sea', the home to many families who like to watch the barges. Spotting on on the coast you pray they don't let their children follow your actions as you dive into the water, met with a splash as the sun's rays colour the excess a mix of blues and yellows.

    This was more like it, the warm sun heating up the river's water to an acceptable temperature, still cooling against the sun you had experienced on your way to the popular hot-spot. You think back to deciding against getting a guide to tour you, confident in your own Pokémon's ability to get the job done and protect you from any dangers that could lie in Talas. Not that there are many dangers around here, you think, families come here and the Pokémon are well versed in their presence, offering only to battle when they feel trapped or endangered. Spreading yourself into a starfish and floating on top of the water you close your eyes against the blinding sun, the relaxing river washing away all of your troubles. You hear nothing, your ears underneath the water as the sounds of the river wash past, freeing you from all worldly stress as you feel any problems disappear. You bask in the moment for a few minutes more before deciding that you should continue your adventure along the river.

    You open your eyes to see the bank on your right, however you notice that no families are close. You shrug it off, wondering if they had moved because you were setting a bad example, children could easily be squashed by the barges that past through or swept away in a heart beat. Laos was Talas' biggest river, affected with all kinds of problems. Breast-stroking to the edge, you grab hold of the bank's side, but the softened mud falls apart in your hands, pushing you further out into the river.

    Suddenly you're caught by a current, sending you further down the river. Confident in your swimming abilities you manage to stay calm, swimming against the current and over to the side, but again another current sweeps you further down river. Looking round you notice you're caught in a white water rapid, an offset from the main river as you see a split behind you. Clearly swimming to the side to get out made you move into this path. Thinking that diving into a river you'd never heard of might have been a bad idea, you soon find yourself bobbing up and down, struggling for breath against the steadily increasing rapid water. You attempt to swim backwards, against the current but it's no good; it's too strong as you feel yourself getting pulled the other way. Turning round you see a large plain of grey before hitting it, the rock smashing against your skull and causing you to black out.

    ~~~

    Opening your eyes you press one hand against your head as drops over water run down your face. Where were you? What happened? All these questions run through your head as you open your eyes as they adjust to the light around you. Putting your hand down on the floor you feel it's slimy and moving.

    Wait... Slimy and moving? That doesn't sound right. You attempt to jump upright but are stopped by a large force stopping you; your eyes getting back into focus as you see a wall of flopping red. Ahead of you a cross-pattern seems to be the reason you're stuck, grabbing it to feel the mesh of nylon. A noise of whirring fills the air as you realise you're in a net; a net filled with Magikarp.

    “Open the net” a rough voice shouts as you feel the weight lessen, before dropping to the floor with a thud. Your body smacks against the wooden deck before being hit in the back by a ton of Magikarp, each flopping around for a minute before running out of oxygen. Shaking your head you begin to stand but a hand grabs the clothing on your back, lifting you up with one hand.

    “Well what do we have here boys? Looks like someone wants to sabotage our fishing trip” he says as you look to face him, a think black beard and moustache wraps round his face, several gold teeth filling his mouth as he speaks.

    “Explain yur'self boy!” he says, slamming you back to the ground as you scamper towards the side “WHO SENT YOU?”

    What will you do?


    The battle between Fireray and the current was beginning to form. Fireray knew he could make it up the river but the current was strong but not strong enough. Fireray swan to the side which of course had some natural support. Fireray thought that everything was over but then the mud failed and Fireray was trying to swim to the side but this time he couldn't make it back to the side and when he glanced forwards he saw a white water rapid and the normal river which was calmer but not that calm. Fireray would have swam to the white water rapids but today it was about survival to get back to shore.
    Fireray swan to the other side of the lake. 'There was nothing about a white water rapid in the Pokemon magazine,' Fireray thought. Fireray was regretting that he even came here. First the heat then the water is was enough he couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't swim against the current for long and he couldn't keep control anymore and was just floating on he rapid water. Fireray was about to reach his Pokeball when something hit him hard on his head. Fireray gasping in pain was about to look around to see what it was but fainted as soon as he turned his head and his eyes lost focus.



    Fireray woke up and was confused in where he was. 'I was swimming against the current and as my eyes lost focus I only saw. Wait where am I? I'm not in a bed or something like that!,' fieray thought while his eyes adjusted to the light around him. 'Wait, what is that moving above me is red and soggy' fireray started to mutter to himself. Fireray recoiled as he saw Magikarp under him. As fireray wanted to stand up he was shock to see more Magikarp above him.
    “Open the net” a rough voice said. 'Finally a voice, but is it a friendly one?,' Fieray thought. Fireray felt the weight lessen and for a second he thought he was in the air flying. The thud gave Fireray another wound and he saw a man with a beard and moustache. The magikarp struggle for air like dying fish. A hand graped him him and lifted him up.
    “Well what do we have here boys? Looks like someone wants to sabotage our fishing trip” said the same man that lifted him up. Fireray saw the gold teeth.
    “Explain yur'self boy! “WHO SENT YOU?” The leader said. Fireray was scared and quickly crawled to the side.
    "No one sent. Who are you anyway and what do you want?" Fireray told the man defiantly. Fireray hoped they didn't notice him taking a Pokeball out which belonged to his water guy who was ready for action.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default Such a lovely place... such a lovely face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    For those of you who didn't cancel your adventure with Takkupanda and have replied to his last update (Thrain and Kaisap) you can come into my group if you want but I don't mind if you want to cancel. If you want to stay feel free to reply to my update but if you don't a quick VM/PM will do ^^.

    Hey there and welcome to my group, hopefully I'll make Talas one of your favoured spot and we'll go on an adventure that's fun for both of us. I prefer updates that are detailed so don't expect me to updates as much as some of these young guns. I've also got a few helpful hints when I'm updating so here they are:

    * 3 attacks can be used per update in a single battle, and 2 attacks for each Pokémon in a double battle. If I ever update a triple battle each Pokémon will be allowed 2 attacks, though I doubt I'll ever use triple battles (too hectic it's easy to get lost).

    * I've been reading the Pokémon Adventures Manga recently so I'll be using some reference points from there (the Team Rocket Elite for example). If you are unsure of any reference / character behavioural patterns you can consult Bulbapedia which has a good collection or you can ask me directly.

    * All of the standard FB rules apply such as size 1, good grammar, no self updating and all that good stuff, and because this zone is all Dark Orange your default is that unless I specifically state otherwise. I'll still add it beside your name on each update for reference.

    * I would like to state now I'm a rather rated R updater so Pokédeath could occur. I'm happy to take on all ages but swearing may be used, death and adult issues can be included. Just a heads up in case you don't want any of it.

    * I treat updates a bit like a board or video game, but with no do-overs or continues. Your actions may affect the area your in, may affect the entirety of Talas and may affect other people. This zone will all be intertwined so if something major happens somewhere (volcano explosion or something) other people might feel it. I also believe in crossroads so there are times you are asked to take a direction. There is no real right/wrong answer but if you act too passively consequences could happen, just like if you act too aggressively consequences could happen. I'm not saying they will or won't, but my advice is to think about each scenario.

    * In in interest of fairness I offer many levels of battling in adventures. Sometimes you will be asked if you want 1 vs. 1 battles all the way up to 4 vs. 4 battles (5/6 vs. 5/6 takes too long). The battles will be matched up level-wise but the more Pokémon you chose the harder it is. If you fail you walk away with very little so the risk is high but the reward is also higher (the loser could give you information / items / rumours / anything at all that may help you later on. It could be just junk).

    * I prefer not to have signatures so if you could, can you post without them. I've got your profiles on record in an OpenOffice document but it isn't the end of the world if you forget, I'll still update you. I just like to keep my updates signature free.

    I think that's it so have fun in Talas. This time I'll be replying backwards because OpenOffice corrupted my last file so to give myself momentum I'm starting with the ones I haven't done first. After that whoever posts first will be replied to first.


    Emporium Hotel: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Marion Ette: Wearing your most dignified of all dignitaries clothing, a black laced dress, you wander into the lobby of Talas' most famous destination; the luxurious Emporium Hotel. The heels of your shoes clack off the freshly-polished tiles as you gaze in wonderment at your surroundings; the best of the best being present in Atlas' king hotel. Marble adorns the walls, propping up the well-painted ceiling of an artiste's vision of legendary Pokémon; Talas' replicated styling of the Sistine Chapel not well-documented, but very expensive none-the-less. The walls, a green marble, reflects the wandering sunshine from many of the large glass windows spotted about the room, leaving it well exposed and bright, the whole room of exquisite taste. With your most beautiful Ninetales accompanying you to the region, you hoped that you would be able to find a place to stay on the 13th floor and while for most the hallowed ground of horror stories is to be stayed away, yours is far the opposite; the intrigue of the most famous hotel in Talas having mystery and secrecy on its 13th floor was an adventure too good to be missed. Ninetales coos as you pat it on the head, searching around for the front desk among the largest lobby you had ever seen, paintings, expensive rugs, meeting areas and golden objects all given more than enough space to attract attention and though you look at each for a few seconds, none have the attract factor you originally came in for.

    Walking to the centre of the lobby you notice a statue of a young woman, perhaps a little younger than you. Her hair messy yet styled as the front parts at the top, leaving two curves to either side of her forehead while the back spikes down; a fashion long-gone from the world still looks regal when carved in marble. Still water covers the base, a Zubat standing in the foremost position you had every seen a Pokémon, its wings down as it seemed to stand at attention, a steely gaze meeting your eyes causing a shiver down your spine. The circle statue base begins at your waist as you peer over at the water, finding no fish swimming about but you notice how pristine the water looks, the clearest water you had ever seen in your life. The woman sports a long-sleeved shirt and black jacket while two earrings hand from her ears.

    After a few minutes of looking over the centrepiece of the lobby you decide to move on, Ninetales leading the way as you talk to it about your hopes for the adventure, it licking your hand in response as the fire-fox nuzzles you, causing a chuckle to burst from your lungs. Smiling as it brings you to the front desk you see a Beauty smiling back at you, her perfect white teeth gleaming while her outfit is the latest style in Talas, a pointed blue piece showing you her value of monetary importance. One defining feature, however, sets her apart from others you had seen in the region, a thick layer of black mascara under her eyes.

    “Hi there, and welcome to The Emporium. How may I help you?” She asks before looking down at your Ninetales, her eyes melting at its beauty as it stands proud, sitting down on the floor as its head is held high. Introducing yourself and asking for a room on a specific floor, however, causes her to react in almost-disgust.

    “Floor 13?!” she says, reeling back before snapping with a sneer “One of those are you? Just because it's cheaper”

    Your cheeks burn a bright red, assured that was not why you wanted to chose Floor 13 but you couldn't tell her that, she'd just as likely take the mickey out of your ghost theories as she would your lack of money. She puts her head down to the desk, her fingers tapping at the keyboard as she looks up available rooms, the screen changing from its luminescence white to a blue, highlighting her black mascara below her eyes. You hear a buzzing noise as her head jolts to the side, almost like she had just been hit by a shock. She takes a big gulp.

    “I apologise for my earlier rudeness. I didn't mean to cause offence” she says, sheepishly smiling at you before glancing upwards.

    Taking a look yourself you notice a small sphere covered in plastic, a clear sign of cameras jotted around the room, watching over the most important parts of the lobby. You look back at the woman as she caresses her neck, going back to the computer, tapping away. You wonder about the cameras, though also used for security purposes perhaps the upper-management also use it to ensure quality, though the jolt concerned you. How far was 'the most glamorous hotel in Talas' willing to go to make sure it stayed that way? Shaking off the feeling you return to the Beauty as she finishes her job on the computer, a few mouse clicks later and she grins.

    “So the cost of your stay tonight will be 230,000-” she begins to say before cutting off, her head once again jolting as she looks down.
    “Excuse me” she says, bowing “your stay has been paid for by another. It's on the house.” she says, turning to get a key from the cubbyholes behind her, the marvellous redwood houses keys from each room. As she turns, however, you notice a small black earpiece in her right ear, something you didn't notice before. Perhaps the jolt was just her speaker set on too loud, or the voice of the person on the other side.

    Grabbing some items from one of the hooks, the woman turns back round with another jolt, handing you a keycard and key, explaining that to open the door you must first insert the key, swipe the card then turn the key to the left before opening the door, saying that if it's not done correctly you can't get into your room. She then points over towards the elevator.

    “Charles will be your valet” she says, as you turn to look at the golden doors of the elevator, a ping sounding as they open to reveal the person you expect to be Charles, a man dressed in a black suit and top-hat bowing.

    Moving over to Charles' position he scoots aside to make room for your Ninetales, standing with perfect posture, his hands behind his back and just below his waist, the standard for sure a prestigious hotel for sure.

    “Good evening m'lady” he announces in a posh accent, you smiling back at him as he gives your Ninetales a once over, “an exquisite taste in Pokémon I must say and may I say that it's very well looked after.”

    His compliments warm your heart, leaving Ninetales to look even prouder as she struggles to remain sitting still, her natural instincts to wag her tail, jump on Charles and lick him silly stopped by a sense of knowingness that he can't touch guest's Pokémon. The elevator pings as you feel the slight influx of gravity weigh you down, the normal elevator stopping signs as the doors open. You don't remember Charles touching a button, looking towards his side to see he did in fact have a control panel, but the floor button is not light. You shake it off as a safety precaution, maybe the elevator is controlled by the head of house to protect those dignitaries in higher-up rooms, their hoard of treasures being beyond imaginable.

    Stepping out into the corridor, you're amazed at it's beauty; the area draped with fine silks and carpet that looked like you could sleep on it. On the side of the wall hung paintings of incredible worth, noticing some of them were ones you had read about being sold, the prices astronomical you wondered who could afford them. You notice the lack of security of each one, they just hang off the walls while further down the hall a Ming vase sits on a small, yet glamorous and marble, pedestal. Charles looks at you as he notices you have stopped for a while to stare at the paintings.

    “Please do not delay miss,” he asks with a tone of worry “the artefacts have a very complex state of the art security system. If you dally for too long or touch them we could both be in trouble”

    You agree with his wishes and continue down the corridor, looking at your key to find yourself room 18. Following the doors along you hear something coming from the room next to you, but you're not sure what. Following the beauty's instructions you first place the key in the door, sliding the key-card through the scanner before twisting the key and opening the door. It swings open to reveal the biggest room you had ever seen in a hotel; a room big enough to be its own secret base. Wandering in you see a 72 inch plasma TV hang from the wall, a red four poster bed opposite it. A bathroom with walk-in shower and designer bath sits far from the door and the “mini-fridge” is actually huge, the top of it reaching at least your waist. Looking inside you see bottles of Dom Perignon champagne, the vintage dating back to before you were born. Whistling at the expense it would take just to open that thing you close the door, a nagging feeling hits you like you've forgotten to do something.

    A small tug at your arm brings you back to earth as Ninetales directs you back towards Charles, who stands in the door with his hand outstretched.

    What will you do?
    Marion and Aislyn admire the statue in the lobby for a long while before finally approaching the desk. Something about that statue did not sit well with Marion... For the ghost-type trainer to actually be spooked by something must mean there's some serious bad mojo going on. Even so, Marion searches the statue for any indication of who it may be depicting, but finding no such information and realizing that she has probably been admiring the beautifully carved woman and her unnerving Zubat for a little too long, she approaches the Beauty at the desk and begins the check-in process. She is surprised and slightly offended by the Beauty's rude comment about checking into floor 13 because it was cheaper; Marion was certainly not the type to parade around her family name, or indignantly remind people of who she was, but as an heir of the Ette family fortune, she was certainly no cheapskate! Even so, the thought of going on a tirade about family names was far from her own personality, and she was not about to explain her desire to hunt for ghosts, for fear of being even further ridiculed by this Beauty. A sudden jolt snaps the Beauty out of her sneer, and Marion cannot help but think of the experiments she read about in school with Rattata in cages, being shocked as a part of learning certain behaviors... or to avoid certain behaviors. Certainly, it had been effective in Pokemon models, and she imagined that such "training" was effective in human models, as well. Even so, it was slightly disturbing... Maybe even downright Orwellian. Marion's thoughts immediately drift towards the management of the Hotel. She couldn't help but wonder who might be running such a big operation... It seems like everywhere Marion went, some Casino or Radio Tower or Company was being taken over by a horrible cult or gang of thugs. Then again, even "honest" businesses sometimes stooped to questionable practices...

    Marion grins at the receptionist, readily accepting the apology. "Oh, please don't worry! No offense taken." It was a lie, of course, but Marion did not want to see this receptionist punished further. Even if she had been offended, she was not one to inflict pain on those who have wronged her... unless they were to harm her Pokemon, or do something equally as reprehensible. No matter what Marion says, however, she is powerless to prevent the next jolt, which alters the Beauty's request for payment to a statement that Marion's stay at the hotel would be on the house. "Paid for by another..? Oh, that's wonderful! I am incredibly grateful to whoever my benefactor might be." Marion aches to ask who might have decided to pay for her room, but decides against it. Perhaps she was better off not asking too many questions around here... If she wanted information, she would have to simply remain observant. There was always, of course, the possibility that these jolts WEREN'T being administered by the upper management... The thought makes Marion shiver with a strange mix of fear and excitement. In a sadistic sort of way, she was having fun already.

    Marion claims the keycard and key, memorizing the instructions before thanking the receptionist and following Charles into the elevator. "Good evening," she responds with a curtsy. Charles becomes an immediate favorite of Aislyn's, and she coos happily in response to his compliments, and though she retains her dignity and remains still, her tails still swish back and forth a bit to show her contentment. Marion smiles at Charles, showing that she too is glad to hear Aislyn being verbally lavished in such a way. "You are too kind, Charles. I love my Aislyn very much, and I am so pleased to hear that my love for her is displayed in her appearance. Some say I spoil her, but I think she deserves all the attention that she gets." Aislyn barks in agreement.

    When the trio finally arrives on the 13th floor, Marion is amazed by the wondrous displays that adorn the corridor. Certainly, she and Aislyn were not thieves, and she knew better than to touch anything even if it did not appear guarded, but she was still fascinated by the history and culture these valuable paintings represented... Each one seemed to have its own unique story. Studying each artifact carefully, Marion tries to place herself mentally in the time when these pieces were created and used, but is taken out of her reverie by Charles' eerie warning. Marion immediately pulls back, remembering the shocks administered to the receptionist earlier. "Very well," Marion says, though now completely on alert... Considering how seriously the Hotel took customer satisfaction, she could only imagine how intense their measures were to ensure security. Marion wonders how the Hotel was able to get ahold of not only wonderful Talas artifacts, but also high-end paintings and astronomically expensive art. More and more, she thought of the infamous Silph Company scandal, but made a mental note to herself not to betray any such thoughts to anyone.

    Marion is escorted to Room 18, which is certainly an impressive room... It was practically the size of a whole Secret Base! Both Marion and Aislyn seem excited to move in and get settled, when the ghostly trainer senses that she has forgotten something. Seeing Charles with his hand outstretched clues her in; a tip! Of course! At first, the young trainer looks a little panicked; though she had bought her Fizzytopian credit card to pay for her room, she had not brought any coins with her after hearing about the prevalence of thieves in the city. The momentary shock passes, however, as her eyes light up with the memory of something that is likely just as good, which she has been carrying around for awhile. Marion reaches into her purse and pulls out two velvet bags full of Stardust. Given the current market prices, such a treasure could easily net 2,000 coins... Maybe more, if he found the right buyer. She also takes a shiny Silver Leaf out of her bag, which added 1,000 coins to the value of his tip... or was it more? Less? Marion couldn't remember what the silver market was like in Talas right now, but it was a nice little treasure, anyhow. She places the two stardusts and the silver leaf in the man's outstretched palm, and follows the gift up with a grateful bow. "Thank you for your wonderful service, Charles," she says in earnest, and Aislyn copies the bow herself. She then seems to suddenly remember something. "Oh, before you go... Who is depicted in that statue in the lobby? It's quite an impressive piece!" Marion tilts her head, hoping that the question would not lead to either of them being shocked.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default Talas October Update #01

    The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: Getting nothing but a sense that Talas' business is hectic from eavesdropping on a market haggler and trader you peel the sticker back carefully, your 'annoying habit' coming in as useful in the trials and tribulations of Talas. Finding that the market trader is a hostage under the mystery group's tirade you begin to search for a way to get your Pokémon back, your mind returning to the child playing by the fountain.

    With your sweetest voice you approach the child, noticing his clothes have holes in them, some patch-worked up but others gaping wide open, the skin on his knees well worn and tough looking from all the times they've healed over. His cap is similar to a truckers, though differences in width at the top and a small round ball separate it from the fashion icon. Asking him, from a short distance away, if he could help you he merely grins as he turns round.

    “Help? The name's Skoochy”, he announces, “I escaped from an orphanage when I was young and I'm never going back. Don't think a sweet voice will work on me, I live on the streets, struggling. You got it all given to you.”

    You seem taken aback by the boy's statement, feeling angry that he would make a snap judgement about you. You want to say something as a rebuttal, but painfully bite your tongue instead, knowing this boy was your only hope of getting your Pokémon back. The more you think about it, however, the more you see how he could be right, you were here shopping for goods while he was scouring the streets. You remain as calm as you can be, reiterating your statement of intent for information of the whereabouts of your Pokémon.

    “I know where they are yeah, but it'll take something to de-fog my memory” he says “2,000 coins and I can sleep and eat well tonight.”

    You look at the boy's confidence with marvel, asking for such a large number of coins to sleep and eat well was an understatement but you realize the market that he's in; everything in this region costs and with the tourist trade it costs lots. Talas is both the boy's tutor and curse, the well developed attributes of confidence and prose offset by the very nature of his condition, a poor orphan boy struggling to get by. You study him for a second and notice his eyes divert down to your hands.

    “Or that bottle of Moo Moo Milks looks very tasty. I'll give all the information you need for that”, he says.

    What will you do?

    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missigno. Master: Working out the relationship of Perish Song and Detect you begin to complete the puzzle, Myrtle’s invaluable input helping you further your understanding of the catastrophe Pokémon before settling on it, declaring the answer to the altar.

    As you do the crystal clear water begins to shake, sending ripples to the far reaches of the bowl as the ground too began to shake. Your already nervous disposition was increased as you begin to lose your balance, the ever increasing magnitude of the tremors leading you to suspect that you might have got this riddle wrong. With your Shuppet floating closer it seems that it's almost taunting you, not only feeding off the nervousness you had but also floating, unable to feel the vibrations as you shimmer towards the altar, holding onto it for stability.

    Ca-thunk. Ca-thunk. Plink. Plink. Plink.

    The ground begins to convulse more, sending you to your backside as you wonder what you've done by holding onto the altar. The sound of rocks falling greets your ears but as you look over to your side you see the walls remaining in position, like the small area you were occupying was the only thing shuddering.

    Then, suddenly, things begin to set in motion. Above you the ceiling begins to open, the slow movement of rocks opening like the roof of a tennis stadium, a ray of light illuminating the plinth you seem to be standing on. The sound is deafening but it seems the Sphinx's ancient engineering still works as a sound of cogs is added to the drone as the arena begins to wobble more before finally being pulled from the ground, with you on it.

    Your surroundings slowly fade as you take a long journey upwards, making it to the second level in due time as Shuppet floats alongside you, the 3x3 metre square holding the altar clamps into place with the new floor. You look around with amazement at where you are, the room easily seen as it employs by the same lighting system as the previous room, but this time already in function by the time you arrive. Several pillars free stand from the floor, while some have fallen, leaving little waist-high cover as numerous small and large rocks litter the 40x40 metre arena.

    You notice that on either side is a thin platform, away from the regular square, one level while the other is raised, with the one end of the raised arena is a section of bars, similar to a jail house. You also notice a small one-way dog-flap type contraption, preventing you from fitting through and continuing. Deciding that the level end must contain the next part of the continuing riddles you move over, finding that it fits you perfectly with a little room to spare.

    Suddenly a Roar is heard from the raised side before an Absol jumps through the flap, standing impressively on top of the raised platform. You see it flick its head scythe as it pads down the stairs of the raised platform, standing opposite you and Myrtle, snorting. It would seem that to you must first beat this Absol before continuing.

    What will you do?


    OoC: A badly paint-drawn illustration of the arena. Circles are pillars, the others are fallen. You're on the left.

    Research Lab: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Takeo: “Water?” the scientist asks as it slowly occurs to him that you've trekked across Sobek's desert, “Oh of course. Right this way”

    You thank the heavens for your interruption as your throat croaks with lack of hydration, the scientist is so involved with the statistics of both yourself and your Vulpix that he seemingly forgets the etiquette of hosting, blanking you in favour of papered information. He issues you round the corner as you oblige, pulling Vulpix away from any flashing lights, scared that it'll take offence to the computer and burn the rather expensive machines to a crisp, causing even more expense. Eventually the Vulpix begins to settle after several tellings off, allowing you and Sebastian to sit down on the shiny blue table, the marble gripping your fingers as you run it across, feeling the bumps of such an expensive piece.

    The scientist pulls out his Pokédex-like mechanism once more, tapping a few buttons before a machine in the corner whirs away, depositing clear water into a plastic cup. Getting up and getting it Sebastian smiles as he presents you with the ice cold chilled water, you thanking him as you gulp it down. Snarkily thinking that the once honest town wasn't so honest any more you listen to the scientist mumble, the words almost going over your head as he examines you and your Pokémon with great interest before you finally finish your drink, returning back to the subject of the job. Sebastian looks up at you as you do so, a more serious look on his face as he does so.

    “A thief by the name of Louis took it.” He says sadly, looking down at his half drunk cup caressed in his hands “He was a student of mine, a brilliant scientist on the cusp of completing wave particle technology. We were so close to completing and he turned out to be a Team Rocket spy. He stole my machine part and fled into the desert.”

    You nod as he completes the story, wary of Team Rocket through your connection to Blaine, a previous Team Rocket scientist turned good-guy after a trainer called Red changed his views on the world.

    “He fled into the desert about a day ago. I've not seen him since. There's probably a few major places he'll go and hide.” Sebastian continues, snapping you out of your daydream about Blaine and his former suitors.

    “There's a few places he might be; there's a small chance he'll be at The Market. You must've seen it when you came in. He used to go there every day when we worked together, but I never knew why. Now my guess would be he fed information back to Team Rocket. The other place he could be is Farity's Shrine. There's a rumour that it was built to The Goddess of Fertility, but that's just an old myth. Farity's Pond is another place that they might be there, but heavens knows why. It's filled with water so he might have gone there for refreshment. The Colosseum is the last place he could be, but I'd advise you to stay away from there, it's packed with creepy stuff and only powerful trainers should go. Louis didn't have a Pokémon that I know of so I doubt he's there.”

    You nod as the scientist ushers you back to the front door as you contemplate your options, each being as vague on where the thief could be.

    What will you do?

    ??? Ship: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Fireray: “A nobody eh? Well then welcome aboard 'The Gargantua' laddie” the man bellows as you clamber to the side of the ship's wodden deck “Me name is Captain Pete Jorge”

    The large moustached man lets out a hearty laugh, his crew doing the same as you begin to feel at ease. The wind blows hard in your hair before sending the sail flapping hard, picking up with the gust and sending the ship into a shudder, causing you to lose balance once more as you try to return to your feet, sending you back flat on your backside. You wince painfully but the real danger appears after your hand slips from behind your back, the once stealthily hidden Pokéball you had in your grasp for protection now being revealed as the Captain's crew member's faces turn to shock.

    “A Pokeball” “He's got a Pokemon” “He's attacking us when our guard is down” they scream

    You see a flash from above, looking up to see the birds nest inhabited by …. something, the combination of the scorching sun and a Flash attack making you sheild your eyes with your forearm. You Attempt to explain yourself but splutter out nonsensical rubbish, managing only a few first letters before changing your mind, the panic of the situation not allowing you to fully explain the situation before the Captain, who takes his time to asses what has happened for himself.

    Looking at him with the most confused look you find yourself sent flying backwards, immobilised as you struggle without joy, your arms and legs restrained by something. Regaining the full use of your sight you look at your clothing to find it secured to the thick timber making up the port-side by large thin nail-like objects. Trying to pry yourself free but to no avail you notice a faint buzzing flits to your ears as you begin to inspect the deck to find the meaning behind your captivity, seeing a Beedrill before working out its Pin Missile attack must have fastened you.

    The large man, now known to you as Captain Jorge, strokes his moustache as a Chatot lands on his shoulder, the captains large and stubby fingers moving from his face to his Pokémon as he slowly stroked its head, the caws of affection greeting him.

    “Lock him in the brigs”, he exclaims, turning on his heels as he does so.

    You're surprised at the callousness, the Pokémon's affection having done nothing to lessen your sentence as the pins shatter into pieces before dissipating, three of the crew-members getting you up by the arms before dragging you away to a single door underneath the steering wheel. Struggling to get an arm free to release a Pokémon you fail as the men overpower you, one pulling out a steam-punk weapon and pointing it at your face, you nodding to comply as you give up. The men take you down several flights of stairs, the light getting darker and darker before finally settling on a floor, the bottom.

    Throwing you into a large wooden cell your Pokémon are taken from you and stuffed into a bag mere metres away from your position, thrown into a corner after being pulled tightly shut by the string mechanism on top. A metal door is slammed shut on your face as you watch your Pokémon being taken, their purpose unknown as you find yourself in a prison.

    ~~~

    It seems like hours pass as you pace up and down your new cell, unable to think of a way out of the predicament. Your Pokémon remain trapped in a bag on the other side of the room and you've spent what seems like an eternity doing nothing, predicting that you must've been held in the cell with no interaction with anyone for hours. Maybe more. You stop pacing before looking around, deciding that enough is enough. You've got to get out of here …. but how?

    What will you do?

    Emporium Hotel: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Marion Ette: Delving deep into your possessions for a suitable tip for the nice man who had so kindly appreciated your Ninetales for all its worth you pull out two bags of Stardust and a Silver Leaf, handing them over to the well-dressed man you know as Charles.

    “Thank you so very much M'am.” He says, bowing a long bow before walking backwards, thanking you with real sincerity as he leaves you in peace, only to be stopped by your question, feeling only too kind to oblige your request.

    “I am not too sure of her name I'm afraid, she was here far longer than I and the original staff members who actually knew her have long gone” he explains, his posh drawl emphasising the effort taken to remember “What I do know is only a myth. It is said she saved the hotel founders from great evil before going on to great things. Great things.”

    He pauses at the latter, drifting off into a visible thought train while nodding his head slightly, snapping back to reality after a few seconds before finishing how bow, this time with an apology. Bidding you adieu he leaves you to your thoughts as Ninetales takes up your attention, the door closing behind Charles. Sniffing around the bed Aislyn seems to have caught the sent of something peculiar, turning her nose up and sniffing louder as she comes to underneath the pillow before sneezing loudly, causing you to jump with surprise.

    Figuring she had just caught the sent of pepper you decide to try out the bed, laying down on it as Ninetales ignores whatever she had sniffed and lays her head on the bed n front of you, her eyes looking up as one ear goes up while the other stays down, the pose irresistible not to stroke as you cover her in affection. Smiling and laughing you can't help but to think back to the desk clerk's rudeness, the fact that you don't use your family name is surely a credit that goes unnoticed; a humble attribute credited by those who seek out such accountable tastes, often those in the upper echelons of society.

    Ninetales pulls you out of your own thought bubble as its hind legs stands on the remote trying to vie for your attention, the large 72” plasma TV wall-mounted flicking into action as a Jean Claude Van Damme movie blares onto the screen with pounding volume, sending you sprawling as you attempt to find the remote, crawling on the floor until you find it, clicking a variety of buttons before it turns off, the hotel remote stereotypically being one that makes no sense; the little green button shutting the TV off and returning you back to a comfortable silence.

    Sending a small glare Ninetales way you notice that both of the fire-fox's ears are up, its head cocked as it whimpers slightly, its head facing the door. Calling its name you see it doesn't move, focused solely on the door to the extent where you have to touch it on the head to bring it back down to earth, it jolting with surprise as it does so, panting before licking your hand happily. A few more seconds pass before its gaze slowly but surely returns to the door, making you question its behaviour, the Ninetales acting like it's trying to be sneaky in returning its focus from you, but without success obviously.

    “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH”

    A loud scream makes you jump as Ninetales hammers towards the door. Finding yourself on all fours while Ninetales scratches at the door you quickly return to your feet, grabbing the keycard and key before heading to the door, opening it and standing in the archway. Looking up and down the corridor, Ninetales squeezes past your outstretched leg and runs back the way you came, further towards the elevator before stopping, sitting down as you catch up. Panting at the short sprint you look over your Pokémon to see a full skeletal arm laid out on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding it and a top-hat in the corner.

    “Hey, you. Are you okay?!” a voice from behind asks as you spin on the spot in attack position, Ninetales doing the same “I heard a scream and ca.... woah”

    Ahead of you a man around the age of his late 20s is stood frozen to the spot, his eyes bulging with fear as his Arcanine stands beside him, its hind legs raised while its front two are lowered, its back arched as it stares at you and your Pokémon.

    “You …. you did this?” he asks, his voice breaking with fear as he takes a few steps back.

    Protesting your innocence you see that he scarcely believes it, deciding to tell him what you've been doing, how you got here and almost your entire story. Only the mention of Charles gets the man to relax a little, his dark brown eyes looking at you with more intent as you say the name, nodding as medium his dark black hair sways slightly as he nods.

    “I... I too was brought here by Charles” he explains, “My name is Jack Luscombe. I was just daydreaming when I heard this scream and … well and then you were here with … that.”

    You nod at his story, believing his words and agreeing with parts of the same, telling him you too came out from your room when you heard the screaming but you're troubled by the blood and the skeletal hand; surely both should not exist in the same place. Pointing it out the Jack he gulps deeply, turning away as his face goes a slightly off-white colour, unable to quite stomach the evidence before him.

    “Maybe we should go downstairs... that rude woman at the front of house will give us an upgrade to a room not so littered at least” he says, ushering the subject away from the dead hand.

    Agreeing, though not for the same reasons, you return to the elevator, clicking the button to hear it ping straight away, the elevator already situated on the correct floor as the doors open to reveal a blank room with nobody in. Wanting to get to the front of house to ask about this hand you tell Jack to get in, the man slowly tiptoeing over the hand and blood as his Arcanine bounds over, squeezing into the space with you and Ninetales. After a few seconds of avoiding the blood Jack manages to enter the elevator, but as you push the button for the ground floor it ceases to do anything, not lighting up like it did before nor moving at all. It would seem that the elevator isn't working.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Treepandaone; 7th October 2012 at 7:56 AM.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missigno. Master: Working out the relationship of Perish Song and Detect you begin to complete the puzzle, Myrtle’s invaluable input helping you further your understanding of the catastrophe Pokémon before settling on it, declaring the answer to the altar.

    As you do the crystal clear water begins to shake, sending ripples to the far reaches of the bowl as the ground too began to shake. Your already nervous disposition was increased as you begin to lose your balance, the ever increasing magnitude of the tremors leading you to suspect that you might have got this riddle wrong. With your Shuppet floating closer it seems that it's almost taunting you, not only feeding off the nervousness you had but also floating, unable to feel the vibrations as you shimmer towards the altar, holding onto it for stability.

    Ca-thunk. Ca-thunk. Plink. Plink. Plink.

    The ground begins to convulse more, sending you to your backside as you wonder what you've done by holding onto the altar. The sound of rocks falling greets your ears but as you look over to your side you see the walls remaining in position, like the small area you were occupying was the only thing shuddering.

    Then, suddenly, things begin to set in motion. Above you the ceiling begins to open, the slow movement of rocks opening like the roof of a tennis stadium, a ray of light illuminating the plinth you seem to be standing on. The sound is deafening but it seems the Sphinx's ancient engineering still works as a sound of cogs is added to the drone as the arena begins to wobble more before finally being pulled from the ground, with you on it.

    Your surroundings slowly fade as you take a long journey upwards, making it to the second level in due time as Shuppet floats alongside you, the 3x3 metre square holding the altar clamps into place with the new floor. You look around with amazement at where you are, the room easily seen as it employs by the same lighting system as the previous room, but this time already in function by the time you arrive. Several pillars free stand from the floor, while some have fallen, leaving little waist-high cover as numerous small and large rocks litter the 40x40 metre arena.

    You notice that on either side is a thin platform, away from the regular square, one level while the other is raised, with the one end of the raised arena is a section of bars, similar to a jail house. You also notice a small one-way dog-flap type contraption, preventing you from fitting through and continuing. Deciding that the level end must contain the next part of the continuing riddles you move over, finding that it fits you perfectly with a little room to spare.

    Suddenly a Roar is heard from the raised side before an Absol jumps through the flap, standing impressively on top of the raised platform. You see it flick its head scythe as it pads down the stairs of the raised platform, standing opposite you and Myrtle, snorting. It would seem that to you must first beat this Absol before continuing.

    What will you do?
    Keith was very much nervous as the room seemed to start shaking. Was this the start of the Sphinx's way of ejecting those who got a question wrong? Keith glanced over at Myrtle- as she was floating in midair, she wasn't affected by the tremors, which were intensifying at an alarming rate. She seemed remarkably unaffected by all this. Finally, she turned to look at Keith. "What?" she asked.

    "OK, Myrtle, you know how you love to eat negative emotions and such?"

    "Yes."

    "Well here's a heaping helping of nervousness with a side of rising panic, so dig in!" Keith exclaimed as the ceiling started to open up. And then the small platform Keith was standing on began to move upward, the Shuppet hastening to float upward to keep up with her trainer. As the platform moved into place, Keith's jaw dropped as he saw where he was- an enormous arena.

    "I would not be-come too awe-struck, Meat Sack," warned Myrtle. "Re-mem-ber, there are sup-posed to be bat-tles in here as well, and an a-re-na like this would be i-de-al for a bat-tle." Sure enough, no sooner than Myrtle had said this, a Roar was heard. Myrtle shuddered from the sound, which told Keith that the roar wasn't an ordinary roar, but the Pokemon attack Roar. And then came the Pokemon who likely used the move, through a small dog-flap-esque contraption on a raised platform. Keith's eyes widened as a quadrupedal black-and-white creature made its way down the stairs and faced him and the Shuppet, and snorted. Having only just identified the species in the previous room, Keith knew very well what this was, but he couldn't help but take out his Pokedex and point it at the creature all the same.

    "Absol, the Disaster Pokemon," the device droned. "Absol can predict natural disasters before they happen, but its attempts at warning people have resulted in it being mistaken as the cause of said disasters."

    "Well, let's do this," Myrtle stated as she started to float towards the Absol. Keith flung an arm out in front of his Shuppet- a meaningless gesture, she could easily phase through the arm, but it surprised her into stopping nonetheless.

    "Myrtle, you're kidding, right?" Keith said. "You're tough, there's no question of that, but you'd kinda be at a major disadvantage here. The only move you got that have any kind of real impact here is Water Gun. Absol's a Dark-type, your Psychic attack won't work. And Knock Off isn't even a good thing to use on something that doesn't resist it."

    "Well then, what Po-ke-mon will you use?" Myrtle inquired.

    "This one," Keith replied as he held up a Poke Ball. He took several steps back to create a better amount of space between him and the Absol. He then turned his hat backwards.

    "Why do you do that?" grumbled Myrtle. "That is a cow-boy hat. It looks near-ly the same back-wards as for-wards."

    "Myrtle, I'm your trainer," Keith said. "Now please don't-"

    "I don't give a Ra-ti-cate's rear end if you are Ash frig-ging Ketch-um with the world's stron-gest Pi-ka-chu," retorted Myrtle. "There was no point to that-"

    "Let's skip the lecture for now," Keith said as he wound up, then heaved the Poke Ball. "Malfoy, go!"

    In a flash of light, the ball split open, and a Croagunk materialized before his trainer. He stared down the Absol with that perpetually odd look on his face. "Croa... Croa..." Malfoy croaked softly.

    Myrtle glanced at Malfoy dubiously before turning to Keith. "Has Mal-foy e-ver bat-tled be-fore?" she asked.

    "I'm not at liberty to say," Keith replied smoothly.

    "That's a no," groaned Myrtle.

    "Relax, Malfoy's strong," Keith stated. "He hasn't done a whole lot of battling, true, but he's got a big fat type advantage working for him here. OK, Malfoy, let's do this! Set up an Aqua Ring to start with. Then get in a nice preemptive strike with a Vacuum Wave, and follow up with Cross Chop!"

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: Getting nothing but a sense that Talas' business is hectic from eavesdropping on a market haggler and trader you peel the sticker back carefully, your 'annoying habit' coming in as useful in the trials and tribulations of Talas. Finding that the market trader is a hostage under the mystery group's tirade you begin to search for a way to get your Pokémon back, your mind returning to the child playing by the fountain.

    With your sweetest voice you approach the child, noticing his clothes have holes in them, some patch-worked up but others gaping wide open, the skin on his knees well worn and tough looking from all the times they've healed over. His cap is similar to a truckers, though differences in width at the top and a small round ball separate it from the fashion icon. Asking him, from a short distance away, if he could help you he merely grins as he turns round.

    “Help? The name's Skoochy”, he announces, “I escaped from an orphanage when I was young and I'm never going back. Don't think a sweet voice will work on me, I live on the streets, struggling. You got it all given to you.”

    You seem taken aback by the boy's statement, feeling angry that he would make a snap judgement about you. You want to say something as a rebuttal, but painfully bite your tongue instead, knowing this boy was your only hope of getting your Pokémon back. The more you think about it, however, the more you see how he could be right, you were here shopping for goods while he was scouring the streets. You remain as calm as you can be, reiterating your statement of intent for information of the whereabouts of your Pokémon.

    “I know where they are yeah, but it'll take something to de-fog my memory” he says “2,000 coins and I can sleep and eat well tonight.”

    You look at the boy's confidence with marvel, asking for such a large number of coins to sleep and eat well was an understatement but you realize the market that he's in; everything in this region costs and with the tourist trade it costs lots. Talas is both the boy's tutor and curse, the well developed attributes of confidence and prose offset by the very nature of his condition, a poor orphan boy struggling to get by. You study him for a second and notice his eyes divert down to your hands.

    “Or that bottle of Moo Moo Milks looks very tasty. I'll give all the information you need for that”, he says.

    What will you do?
    Alice was stunned at the price the boy, Skoochy, put forth. 2000 coins? She had just spent 6000 on the milk from the stall! His snap judgement irritated her, too, but she had to remember that he was in a very different position to her, and that he was also her only hope.

    "It's nice to meet you, Skoochy." The girl replied patiently, placing the Moo Moo Milk into his hands. There'd be another occasion to purchase one, and probably cheaper, too. "If you want it, then you can have it. Just - please tell me what you know. Or show me where they are? I'm really worried about them."

    Indeed, Alice was. In a place like this, it was odd for a thief to take Pokemon, but no coins or other valuables. Would her Pokemon end up sold off, trapped in cages like those Pidgeys? Or was there another, more worrying purpose behind all this?

    ((Stats.))

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    Emporium Hotel: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Marion Ette: Delving deep into your possessions for a suitable tip for the nice man who had so kindly appreciated your Ninetales for all its worth you pull out two bags of Stardust and a Silver Leaf, handing them over to the well-dressed man you know as Charles.

    “Thank you so very much M'am.” He says, bowing a long bow before walking backwards, thanking you with real sincerity as he leaves you in peace, only to be stopped by your question, feeling only too kind to oblige your request.

    “I am not too sure of her name I'm afraid, she was here far longer than I and the original staff members who actually knew her have long gone” he explains, his posh drawl emphasising the effort taken to remember “What I do know is only a myth. It is said she saved the hotel founders from great evil before going on to great things. Great things.”

    He pauses at the latter, drifting off into a visible thought train while nodding his head slightly, snapping back to reality after a few seconds before finishing how bow, this time with an apology. Bidding you adieu he leaves you to your thoughts as Ninetales takes up your attention, the door closing behind Charles. Sniffing around the bed Aislyn seems to have caught the sent of something peculiar, turning her nose up and sniffing louder as she comes to underneath the pillow before sneezing loudly, causing you to jump with surprise.

    Figuring she had just caught the sent of pepper you decide to try out the bed, laying down on it as Ninetales ignores whatever she had sniffed and lays her head on the bed n front of you, her eyes looking up as one ear goes up while the other stays down, the pose irresistible not to stroke as you cover her in affection. Smiling and laughing you can't help but to think back to the desk clerk's rudeness, the fact that you don't use your family name is surely a credit that goes unnoticed; a humble attribute credited by those who seek out such accountable tastes, often those in the upper echelons of society.

    Ninetales pulls you out of your own thought bubble as its hind legs stands on the remote trying to vie for your attention, the large 72” plasma TV wall-mounted flicking into action as a Jean Claude Van Damme movie blares onto the screen with pounding volume, sending you sprawling as you attempt to find the remote, crawling on the floor until you find it, clicking a variety of buttons before it turns off, the hotel remote stereotypically being one that makes no sense; the little green button shutting the TV off and returning you back to a comfortable silence.

    Sending a small glare Ninetales way you notice that both of the fire-fox's ears are up, its head cocked as it whimpers slightly, its head facing the door. Calling its name you see it doesn't move, focused solely on the door to the extent where you have to touch it on the head to bring it back down to earth, it jolting with surprise as it does so, panting before licking your hand happily. A few more seconds pass before its gaze slowly but surely returns to the door, making you question its behaviour, the Ninetales acting like it's trying to be sneaky in returning its focus from you, but without success obviously.

    “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH”

    A loud scream makes you jump as Ninetales hammers towards the door. Finding yourself on all fours while Ninetales scratches at the door you quickly return to your feet, grabbing the keycard and key before heading to the door, opening it and standing in the archway. Looking up and down the corridor, Ninetales squeezes past your outstretched leg and runs back the way you came, further towards the elevator before stopping, sitting down as you catch up. Panting at the short sprint you look over your Pokémon to see a full skeletal arm laid out on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding it and a top-hat in the corner.

    “Hey, you. Are you okay?!” a voice from behind asks as you spin on the spot in attack position, Ninetales doing the same “I heard a scream and ca.... woah”

    Ahead of you a man around the age of his late 20s is stood frozen to the spot, his eyes bulging with fear as his Arcanine stands beside him, its hind legs raised while its front two are lowered, its back arched as it stares at you and your Pokémon.

    “You …. you did this?” he asks, his voice breaking with fear as he takes a few steps back.

    Protesting your innocence you see that he scarcely believes it, deciding to tell him what you've been doing, how you got here and almost your entire story. Only the mention of Charles gets the man to relax a little, his dark brown eyes looking at you with more intent as you say the name, nodding as medium his dark black hair sways slightly as he nods.

    “I... I too was brought here by Charles” he explains, “My name is Jack Luscombe. I was just daydreaming when I heard this scream and … well and then you were here with … that.”

    You nod at his story, believing his words and agreeing with parts of the same, telling him you too came out from your room when you heard the screaming but you're troubled by the blood and the skeletal hand; surely both should not exist in the same place. Pointing it out the Jack he gulps deeply, turning away as his face goes a slightly off-white colour, unable to quite stomach the evidence before him.

    “Maybe we should go downstairs... that rude woman at the front of house will give us an upgrade to a room not so littered at least” he says, ushering the subject away from the dead hand.

    Agreeing, though not for the same reasons, you return to the elevator, clicking the button to hear it ping straight away, the elevator already situated on the correct floor as the doors open to reveal a blank room with nobody in. Wanting to get to the front of house to ask about this hand you tell Jack to get in, the man slowly tiptoeing over the hand and blood as his Arcanine bounds over, squeezing into the space with you and Ninetales. After a few seconds of avoiding the blood Jack manages to enter the elevator, but as you push the button for the ground floor it ceases to do anything, not lighting up like it did before nor moving at all. It would seem that the elevator isn't working.

    What will you do?
    Marion is happy to see that Charles is grateful for his gift, and listens intently as he responds to her question. Though Charles is unable to provide much in the way of hard facts, he does recall an interesting myth about the woman saving the hotel founders from a "great evil" before going on to become a highly accomplished individual. Marion earnestly thanks Charles for his response and waves goodbye as he bids her adieu, gently shutting the door behind him. Before she can think about the myth more thoroughly, however, Aislyn distracts Marion with her sniffing about; she seems to be on the trail of something, and the ghostly young woman watches Aislyn closely as the golden-furred creature investigates the strange smell. Eventually, the trail leads Aislyn to sniff something underneath the pillow, which causes the fox to sneeze loudly, jolting Marion a bit. Though Marion casually inspects underneath the pillow, she finds nothing, and assumes that Aislyn must have gotten a whiff of pepper from a previous guest, likely one who enjoyed breakfast in bed. Marion idly wonders how rigorous the cleaning staff is with these haunted rooms, but shrugs and ultimately decides that even if they were thorough in their methods, Aislyn's powerful nose would likely still pick up small traces of things.

    Whatever the smell was, it was certainly not something that seemed to concern Aislyn, who successfully pulls off an adorable, puppy-like pose, and Marion cannot help but give in to Aislyn's alluring mix of grace and cuteness. Providing her Ninetales with affectionate pats on the head and back, she smiles and laughs when thinking about the rude clerk... Much as she felt bad for her, she couldn't help but think of that shock as the perfect little bit of schadenfreude. Ninetales immediately notices that her trainer is drifting off into thought, as she so often does, and that her petting has become a bit more absent-minded as a result. In an attempt to draw her attention back to her, Aislyn uses her back paw to turn on the TV and snap her out of her reverie. On the screen, a man with a red turban screams that HE WANTS DA MONEH, NOW and raises his machete at what appears to be a hostage. As Marion fumbles for the remote in order to turn off the loud action movie, the man with the red turban gets half of his body blown off by a warning shot that was "a little low". Though the controls on the remote are not very intuitive, Marion finally manages to figure out that the little green button that looks like the on button is actually the off button, and returns her room to its original state of calmness.

    Marion sighs and gives Aislyn a slightly irritated look. She had hoped that the fiery fox would grow out of such childish tactics for attention, but she still acted spoiled every once and awhile despite Marion's chiding. Expecting Aislyn to give her a big, red-eyed puppy look to soften her irritation, she is surprised by Aislyn's alert pose and slight whimper... Something was clearly amiss. Though she pulled all sorts of tricks to get out of trouble, Marion could clearly tell that the Ninetales was genuinely focused on something.

    "Aislyn, honey, what's wrong? Aislyn...? Aislyn!" Marion calls out to her Pokemon, to no avail. Her gaze remains fixed. She gently reaches out to pat Aislyn on the head, which jolts her out of her intense focus, but only for a moment. Marion's face quickly betrays her concern, as she wonders what her friend could possibly be so transfixed on. A loud scream startles both occupants of the room, and Aislyn runs to the door, scratching like mad to get at the source of the sound. Stumbling to her feet, Marion opens the door to investigate, only to find Aislyn bounding out past her.

    Marion locks her hotel room door behind her quickly but mindfully, and then bounds after her Pokemon, pocketing the keycard and key where she knows they will be secure. The sight before her would make most trainers pale with fright; however, not only was Marion incredibly pale to begin with, but such terrifying scenes had little effect on the ghost-type trainer, who was well-acquainted with the sights and smells of death. In fact, that familiarity was responsible for her immediate observation that something was off about this scene. These remains were skeletal, and yet blood was pooling. Either something had consumed the body so completely that only a bit of blood and bare bones remained, or...

    Before Marion can complete her thought, she is met with a young man with dark hair and his Arcanine. Marion sighs as she is accused of murdering the owner of the skeletal arm. She shakes her head, as if eerily accustomed to such accusations. She tries to explain that she and her Ninetales had nothing to do with the crime, but nothing seems to convince the man... That is, until she mentions Charles. The name seems to resonate with the man, whose damning gaze softens somewhat. He introduces himself as Jack Luscombe, and Marion bows in response to his introduction.

    "I am known as Marion Ette, but you may call me Marion. A pleasure to meet you, Jack," Marion says with a smile. She realizes that she probably appears entirely too cheerful for the situation, but she could not help the fact that corpses simply did not phase her, and faking fright may make her look even worse off... Still, she can sense Jack's uneasiness, and agrees to accompany him to the elevator in order to speak to the rather rude clerk, who apparently had treated Jack in a similar manner. Besides, she might be able to find out more about this odd occurrence if she asks the staff about it. Marion and Aislyn deftly avoid the blood and hop into the elevator, with Jack and his Arcanine squeezing in soon after.

    "Jack, do you mind telling me the name of your Arcanine? He is quite the impressive one," Marion says with a grin as she gently scratches Aislyn's head. "This lovely Ninetales here is Aislyn." As Marion presses the button for the ground floor, however, the trainer's cheery demeanor vanishes. "Stuck? Well, this won't do at all..." Marion remains calm and searches the control panel, looking for an emergency phone or alarm button to press. As she inspects the panel, she speaks to her Ninetales; "Aislyn, hun, this may just be a technical failure, but in the event that it's not... I suggest you start thinking up a Nasty Plot for dealing with any malevolent being that may be present. We have to be prepared."

    Marion turns to Jack, attempting to hide her concern. "Jack, would you have any idea why this elevator isn't working? It was working before when I was being escorted to my room with Charles just minutes ago, and I did not notice him doing anything out of the ordinary to get this elevator to operate... Do you have any ideas?"
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 12th October 2012 at 2:20 AM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost City of Solaris
    An arid city located far from the banks of the Laos River, very little plant life is found in this harsh and uninviting environment. The ancients who dwelt here appear to have worshipped the sun, and have many drawings and inscriptions depicting flames and violence. Their God, Faros, is shown as being a large, muscular man who radiated intense heat. Texts have been translated to say that when Faros was angry, his body ignited in a raging fire, punishing the insolent in ways that defy the very nature of humanity. Many charred and damaged remains of ancient structures can be found in this city, and only the hardiest of wild Pokémon roam the area.

    The Well: A very, very, very deep well tapping into an underground source of fresh water much needed for a city this far away from the river. Wouldn't want to play around near its edge, because there's no way of knowing what's down there, or even if there's a way out.
    The sun shined down on the parched earth as Alli and her Eevee, Mint wandered aimlessly through the vast desert. The temperature was not as unbearable as it seemed, as the calm autumn winds had begun to blow in from the east early this year. As always, they two travelers had been lead by Alli's endless search of Cryptids. This time, rumors of a giant worm, which Alli hoped to be sightings of a Minhocăo, had lead them this far out. They had left the Laos River some time ago, but only now did they find themselves alone.

    "I haven't seen anyone for some time now," said Alli carelessly.
    "Prrrt," Mint agreed.

    The two of them continued forward as they passed a giant megalith. This one was soon followed by another, and that one by another still. Alli and Mint had traveled into the lost city of Solaris, and gazed about their new surroundings curiously.

    "It looks like it use to be a city a long, long, long time ago."

    Alli examined a nearby stone wall, which crumbled when she touched it. Mint's ears pricked up when she noticed a large slab of rock with a picture painted on it. She went over to investigate. There was one large figure on top (or on its side, as the rock itself laid sideways on the ground), and exactly six black figures laid lifelessly on the bottom of the image. Colors radiated outward from the center character. Mint found the image beautiful, and in her excitement she licked the slab. She then quickly began to spit out the sand. This caught the attention of Alli, who came over to see what Mint was looking at. Observing the image, Alli turned her head sideways in order to make out the picture. There was a large, muscular man surrounded in flames, and under him, six charred bodies that appeared to be dead.

    "...Eep," murmured Alli softly, who quickly looked away once she comprehended the image.
    "Kyu," voice Mint, who also looked away sadly in imitation of her trainer.

    Alli walked onward and Mint did the same while matching her footsteps with her trainer's. The two of them headed straight into the middle of town, and stopped only when they found the well. While the stone sides of the well had crumbled, the vertical sides and the roof of the well were made with stone slabs, and remained intact. Alli immediately ran up and gazed down into the well from behind one of the crumbling stone walls. Mint copied her trainer and did the same. There wasn't much to see, as the inside of the well quickly gave away to a pitch black darkness. Alli picked up one of the nearby rocks and dropped it in. The two listened for a long time, but a returning sound was not to be heard.

    While the thought of a dangerous well in an abandoned town in the middle of nowhere might provoke a cautious response from most, Alli was unfortunately just a child. The endless well reminded her of a bedtime story she had once read, in which a tiger jumps down a well on his birthday and finds to his surprise, a giant cake with ten thousand candles. Each time the tiger made a wish, and blew out a candle, his wish came true. He continued this until he had ten thousand birthday gifts. And so, while Alli was surprisingly smart kid, and especially knowledgeable about Criptids, the dream of obtaining gifts urged her down into the well.

    Getting a rope out of her backpack, she tied it to nearby log and created somewhat of a makeshift swing. She then placed this over the stone roof of the well, and climbed onto her swing while holding the other side of the rope, as to prevent her from falling straight into the well below her. Mint caught on to what her trainer was up to as this point, and hopped up into her trainer's lap. With her Pokemon now in tow, Alli slowly began the decent down into the dark well.


    Profile
    Last edited by allishinca; 27th August 2013 at 5:05 PM.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default Talas October Update #02

    At the moment I am fully capped but if anyone does want an adventure feel free to write an intro and I will get to you as soon as possible (when one of my updatees finishes probably).

    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: Deciding to withdraw the ghost Pokémon for super effective reasonings, the Absol in front on you pads the floor with its front paw, getting restless while you make your decisions. Taking a Pokéball from your belt you reveal a Croagunk, but not before getting a berating from your Shuppet for turning your cowboy hat backwards before a battle, the logistics of the move seemingly rather pointless to the sharp-witted ghost you had on-hand. Giving your orders to your Croagunk you watch as the battle gets under-way.

    Malfoy begins the battle by glowing a blue colour, using up nearly all of its water reserves to send out a lot of small interlocking rings, ten of them surrounding the water-loving frog who croaks with joy at setting up the move as they too glow with a blue aquatic nature. Noticing that Absol has yet to move you're shocked to see that it too surrounds itself with rings of water, Mimicing the move before using it. Though Absol looks more tired at the use of it, you know that on health terms it will receive the same boost as Croagunk at the end of each round.

    With both having set up health-restoring moves, Malfoy proceeds to use its quick hands, punching the air at high speed to form a vacuum in the air, the large orb forming from it shooting with incredible speed at the Absol, the wave exploding on contact and sending the dark-type sprawling across the floor, but it gets up with ease despite taking a somewhat decent super-effective hit.

    With the gap between the two Pokémon now quite large Malfoy takes a chance, running towards the white furred Pokémon, its hands awash with fighting energy, matching the colour of its opponent as it looks to cross chop some more super effective damage onto its foe, but as the Absol returns to all fours from the last move the distance between the two is far enough for its mouth to glow a dark red, the resulting Flamethrower attack being launched at Croagunk, its hands stopping glowing as it tries to protect itself from the flames but to no avail, taking a significant amount of damage trying to fight through the flames before eventually taking so much damage it falls to the side, collapsing next to a downed pillar.

    With one hand steadying itself the never-before battle hardened Croagunk gets its first taste of battle, but this is surely a round it would like to forget in a hurry. It won't be able to take many more rounds like that. Absol looks slightly triumphant on the other side, hopping on different downed pillar with its head raised, getting a good look from above as it uses the height advantage to glow a light blue to begin the second round.

    What will you do?

    The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: The boys eyes widen as you give him the bottle of Moo-Moo Milk, caring not for coins but for your comrades as Skoochy's mouth looks like it salivates at the thought of owning and drinking such a luxurious nutritious drink. He seems lost in the moment for a few seconds but after a while the boy opens his tattered jacket, placing the bottle in the inside pocket before closing it once more, his arm protecting the large lump coming from his jacket.

    You ask for him to show you to where your Pokémon are, or better yet show you, to which he nods, silently up-nodding as for you to follow him, running round to the other side of the statue before heading off to one of the large buildings. With a slight hesitation you proceed to play catch-up to the boy who shows no reason of slowing down, despite you chasing after him, sprinting at full speed as he begins to pull away. A few minutes of following him through various alleyways, all the time losing pace, you see him turn another corner. Wondering if this was actually just a ploy to speed away and take the Moo-Moo Milk your surprised to see him stopped outside a building, a large glass basement door to the right. Panting as you walk the final few yards the boy silently points to the entrance as you look down, seeing very little in the darkness before you. The boy opens the doors and as you turn to say thank you he puts a finger on his lips, suggesting that silent stealth would be the best approach here. You nod back in agreement as the boy turns on his heels and runs away, not wanting to be associated with breaking into the thieves hideout should your attempt go wrong as your left alone with your thoughts for a few seconds.

    Pumping yourself up mentally you lower yourself using the steel outlines, finding that this is more of a window than a basement staircase, the distance somewhat large but easily drop-able. A few seconds of breathing to get yourself psyched you let go, crashing down on the floor with a bump as the solid brick floor meets your feet, sending you buckling slightly as you end up on your backside in a dark damp room. The squeak of a Ratatata is enough to send you to your feet, noticing that the room is very rarely used past storage, boxes of unknown quantities and qualities surround you.

    Creeeeaaaak

    The door ahead of you creaks as your panic, just managing to find a hiding spot underneath a box-ridden table as your peer out from underneath, one large box covering most of your body as you see a figure walking down the stairs. Music pounds from above as you pray that this section was not one inhabited by rats or water as your eyes try to adjust to the light. You see the figure close the door with his heel, carrying another box down to where you just were before dropping it on top of the mound already there. He whistles as he does so and it takes you a few seconds but as he veers into view you notice it's the same guy from before.

    Instinct takes hold and before you know it you've charged "John", the surprise attack catching him off guard as you knock him over, the man clearly not expecting to see a previous victim rugby tackling him to the ground as even you are surprised by your strength, sending the man crashing to the floor as he slides a bit on the floor, his possessions being emptied out onto the stone floor. In the center six Pokéballs lay on the floor, rocking slightly though you can't see the Pokémon.

    John looks up, noticing the balls in the middle of the room, looking first to you then back to the Pokémon. Knowing that both of you will only be able take a maximum of three it seems more difficult for each one you take, one being the easiest while three looks a challenge. It would seem that this Mexican stand off is going to be a Pokéball rush, the balls an equal distance away from both you and John, you're going to have to run in, pick up your desired number of Pokéballs and battle this thief.

    What will you do?


    OoC: Please state how many Pokéballs you're going to pick up in your reply. Please refer to the first post as to 1 vs. 1-3 vs. 3. Also if you want to combine two updates and order vague that's fine with me (saves me an update). If you want to see which Pokemon you get first that's fine too but if you order vague you can do moves like "Give me a random status move" or "Fire off your strongest move" or "Fire off a fire or ice attack, if you have any".

    Emporium Hotel: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Marion Ette: With a hop and a skip you move over the skeletal remains having convinced Jack that you were not the killer, all too aware that the accusations of murder and death were not uncommon around you nor was the sight of death itself, in fact you almost revelled in it. Jack however, is clearly not as he tip-toes past the body and into the elevator, shuddering with discontent as he becomes free from the pooling blood and skeleton. Striking up conversation and pressing the button you notice that it doesn't work, stuck on the same floor while the button refuses to light, despite Jack tapping it several times more just to make sure.

    “Ah yes, how rude of me. This here is Kay.” he explains, the Arcanine exhibiting a serious demeanour as he does so, bowing its head for just a second. “I got him from my parents as my first Pokémon. I believe he was hatched by the world renowned Pokémon Breeder Kevin Brown when I was just 9 so of course I was more than happy to take him in. We've been best friends ever since”

    Jack continues stroking his fire-dog's head as it seems his troubles melt away, but one quick look back to the opened-elevator doors and he stops, the sight of the blood once more reminding him of the predicament. Looking around of an emergency telephone or alarm you find nothing on the panel, instructing Ninetales to Nasty Plot in preparation, noting that this could be perfect ambush territory. Turning once more to the panel you note that there are only a few buttons, each allocated to the floors but nothing else; no emergency, no alarm, no door open/close button. Not even a weight warning.

    You wonder why it's not working for a few seconds before asking Jack, who still seems to be hammering on the buttons in an attempt to get it to work. He stops as you ask the question, giving up his man-like approach of hitting things until they worked to step back and actually think about it. Stroking his chin he begins to wonder about what Charles actually did, shaking his head as he replied,

    “I don't actually remember Charles touching a button you know” he says, chewing on his bottom lip in deep thought. “We got in the elevator, Charles was nice to Kay and then we arrived at my room. I don't even remember him moving beyond that”

    He scratched his head with puzzlement before seemingly thinking of a plan, like a light bulb had gone off in his head. Reaching for the inside of his jacket you spot he has a lot of Luxury Balls as he pulls out one, releasing a Rotom into the air as it buzzes with excitement.

    “This is R. I met him when I went to the Old Chateau in Sinnoh. They do wonderful deserts there.” he says as the Rotom buzzes in agreement, flitting about the place. “I needed a room for the night and had heard rumours that the Chateau was the best in Eterna. I wasn't wrong”

    He continues as he returns the luxury ball back to the inside of his jacket, closing it up once more, before trying the button once more, but with no results. Grunting he turns to his Rotom, having thought of a way to get it working.

    “R, see if you can go inside this elevator and get it working. We'd like the ground floor please”

    The Rotom buzzes with acknowledgement, disappearing into the console with a flash. Jack nods as he turns back, explaining his plan.

    “Rotom can possess electronics. I'm sure that he can get us -”

    He's cut short as the light turns a dark red, the numbered display flashing before settling on 'INTRUDER', the doors slamming shut. Jack tries to open the doors but fails, his strength not enough to open the heavy steel doors an inch as they appear locked down. Giving up on that he returns to the console, pressing every button as he appears fidgety in the close-quartered enclosed space.

    “R?! R are you alright?” he says, tapping on the console with worry as you see his visible distress.

    A few seconds of silence fills the air as he waits for a reply, but none comes. Suddenly a hissing noise appears and the smell of gas hits your nostrils, causing you to recoil a bit. Filling the small elevator quickly Jack turns round to face you, unable to quite comprehend what is happening. It seems like it's up to you to get the two of you out of the elevator before the gas does damage.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Treepandaone; 15th October 2012 at 8:43 AM.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    Research Lab: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Takeo: “Water?” the scientist asks as it slowly occurs to him that you've trekked across Sobek's desert, “Oh of course. Right this way”

    You thank the heavens for your interruption as your throat croaks with lack of hydration, the scientist is so involved with the statistics of both yourself and your Vulpix that he seemingly forgets the etiquette of hosting, blanking you in favour of papered information. He issues you round the corner as you oblige, pulling Vulpix away from any flashing lights, scared that it'll take offence to the computer and burn the rather expensive machines to a crisp, causing even more expense. Eventually the Vulpix begins to settle after several tellings off, allowing you and Sebastian to sit down on the shiny blue table, the marble gripping your fingers as you run it across, feeling the bumps of such an expensive piece.

    The scientist pulls out his Pokédex-like mechanism once more, tapping a few buttons before a machine in the corner whirs away, depositing clear water into a plastic cup. Getting up and getting it Sebastian smiles as he presents you with the ice cold chilled water, you thanking him as you gulp it down. Snarkily thinking that the once honest town wasn't so honest any more you listen to the scientist mumble, the words almost going over your head as he examines you and your Pokémon with great interest before you finally finish your drink, returning back to the subject of the job. Sebastian looks up at you as you do so, a more serious look on his face as he does so.

    “A thief by the name of Louis took it.” He says sadly, looking down at his half drunk cup caressed in his hands “He was a student of mine, a brilliant scientist on the cusp of completing wave particle technology. We were so close to completing and he turned out to be a Team Rocket spy. He stole my machine part and fled into the desert.”

    You nod as he completes the story, wary of Team Rocket through your connection to Blaine, a previous Team Rocket scientist turned good-guy after a trainer called Red changed his views on the world.

    “He fled into the desert about a day ago. I've not seen him since. There's probably a few major places he'll go and hide.” Sebastian continues, snapping you out of your daydream about Blaine and his former suitors.

    “There's a few places he might be; there's a small chance he'll be at The Market. You must've seen it when you came in. He used to go there every day when we worked together, but I never knew why. Now my guess would be he fed information back to Team Rocket. The other place he could be is Farity's Shrine. There's a rumour that it was built to The Goddess of Fertility, but that's just an old myth. Farity's Pond is another place that they might be there, but heavens knows why. It's filled with water so he might have gone there for refreshment. The Colosseum is the last place he could be, but I'd advise you to stay away from there, it's packed with creepy stuff and only powerful trainers should go. Louis didn't have a Pokémon that I know of so I doubt he's there.”

    You nod as the scientist ushers you back to the front door as you contemplate your options, each being as vague on where the thief could be.

    What will you do?



    After a moment the Scientist remembered the rule of etiquette for being a good host,
    “Water?”
    “Oh of course. Right this way” He said, leading Hallow and Grace the way to a near by table,
    Hallow took a seat, placing Grace on his lap, while the scientist called forth a machine that dispensed a cool stream of water into a cup that Sebastian then handed to him,
    Hallow graciously took it and gulped it down acting as if nothing in the whole wide world could taste this amazingly good, the cool water passing through his whole body, reviving his once tired state,
    When he was through he placed the empty cup on the table and noted Sebastian looking at him in a more serious expression then before,

    "Thank you for my most selfish request, now please, go on,"

    “A thief by the name of Louis took it.” He said sadly, looking down and at his half drunk cup caressed in his hands “He was a student of mine, a brilliant scientist on the cusp of completing wave particle technology. We were so close to completing and he turned out to be a Team Rocket spy. He stole my machine part and fled into the desert.”

    Hallow nodded allowing Sebastian to complete his story, but the just mention of Team Rocket made his mind go to work,
    Team Rocket was once a gang in pursuit exploitation of Pokémon,
    While its main focus was the stealing and capturing, then selling, sometimes rare, exotic, and strong Pokémon, it also funded and conducted cruel experimental research on Pokémon,

    Experiments they made Blaine do,

    Hallow started to grip his fists into a tight ball so hard that his knuckles started to turn white, remembering how they used Blaine to do their dirty work,
    Vulpix noted the fury in Hallow's heart and placed her paw on his hand, bring him back to a state of relaxation,
    He patted her on the head and continued to think,

    Their ultimate goal was to take over the world using Pokémon, but with the help of a Trainer named Red and his friends, along side with Blaine they put an end to them...or so we thought,

    “He fled into the desert about a day ago. I've not seen him since. There's probably a few major places he'll go and hide.” Sebastian continued, turning Hallow to reality,

    "Right, where may those places be?"

    “There's a few places he might be; there's a small chance he'll be at The Market. You must've seen it when you came in. He used to go there every day when we worked together, but I never knew why. Now my guess would be he fed information back to Team Rocket. The other place he could be is Farity's Shrine. There's a rumour that it was built to The Goddess of Fertility, but that's just an old myth. Farity's Pond is another place that they might be there, but heavens knows why. It's filled with water so he might have gone there for refreshment. The Colosseum is the last place he could be, but I'd advise you to stay away from there, it's packed with creepy stuff and only powerful trainers should go. Louis didn't have a Pokémon that I know of so I doubt he's there.”

    He nodded as the scientist ushered him back outside to the scorching heat, with the close of the door behind him, Hallow was left contemplating his options, each being as vague on where the thief could of gone as the next one,

    "Well now what?,"
    "Vul...,"
    "Yea me either,"
    Hallow took out a pokeball and faced it towards Grace,
    "Time for your afternoon nap,"
    She yawned as a red light emitted her back into her room, returning the ball back to his pocket,
    Somethings fishy here,
    Remembering what Sebastian had told him, he figured that the market place was the best place to start, wondering if it was still busy as the first time they had passed it, with a kick start Hallow began to run,
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 12:05 PM.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: Deciding to withdraw the ghost Pokémon for super effective reasonings, the Absol in front on you pads the floor with its front paw, getting restless while you make your decisions. Taking a Pokéball from your belt you reveal a Croagunk, but not before getting a berating from your Shuppet for turning your cowboy hat backwards before a battle, the logistics of the move seemingly rather pointless to the sharp-witted ghost you had on-hand. Giving your orders to your Croagunk you watch as the battle gets under-way.

    Malfoy begins the battle by glowing a blue colour, using up nearly all of its water reserves to send out a lot of small interlocking rings, ten of them surrounding the water-loving frog who croaks with joy at setting up the move as they too glow with a blue aquatic nature. Noticing that Absol has yet to move you're shocked to see that it too surrounds itself with rings of water, Mimicing the move before using it. Though Absol looks more tired at the use of it, you know that on health terms it will receive the same boost as Croagunk at the end of each round.

    With both having set up health-restoring moves, Malfoy proceeds to use its quick hands, punching the air at high speed to form a vacuum in the air, the large orb forming from it shooting with incredible speed at the Absol, the wave exploding on contact and sending the dark-type sprawling across the floor, but it gets up with ease despite taking a somewhat decent super-effective hit.

    With the gap between the two Pokémon now quite large Malfoy takes a chance, running towards the white furred Pokémon, its hands awash with fighting energy, matching the colour of its opponent as it looks to cross chop some more super effective damage onto its foe, but as the Absol returns to all fours from the last move the distance between the two is far enough for its mouth to glow a dark red, the resulting Flamethrower attack being launched at Croagunk, its hands stopping glowing as it tries to protect itself from the flames but to no avail, taking a significant amount of damage trying to fight through the flames before eventually taking so much damage it falls to the side, collapsing next to a downed pillar.

    With one hand steadying itself the never-before battle hardened Croagunk gets its first taste of battle, but this is surely a round it would like to forget in a hurry. It won't be able to take many more rounds like that. Absol looks slightly triumphant on the other side, hopping on different downed pillar with its head raised, getting a good look from above as it uses the height advantage to glow a light blue to begin the second round.

    What will you do?
    Keith's eyes widened in shock as the Absol copied Malfoy's Aqua Ring with Mimic. "OK, definitely didn't see that coming," Keith remarked.

    "You had to have con-si-dered the poss-i-bil-i-ty, Meat Sack," said Myrtle. "Ev-ery-thing can learn Mim-ic."

    Keith said nothing to this, and watched with satisfaction as Malfoy's Vacuum Wave scored a direct hit, but his smirk quickly turned to a worried frown as the Croagunk's Cross Chop was deflected by a vicious Flamethrower.

    "Malfoy, you still good to go?" Keith asked.

    "Croa..." Malfoy replied as he used one hand to steady himself. He was rather shaken by that Flamethrower, but was still able to battle.

    "OK, good. Malfoy-"

    "Hold it, Meat Sack," interrupted Myrtle. "I will take o-ver the com-man-ding this time."

    "I beg your pardon?" Keith said. "Myrtle, I'm the trainer here-"

    "And that is your Croa-gunk, with the Dry Skin a-bil-i-ty, ha-ving just ta-ken a hit from Flame-throw-er," interrupted Myrtle. "I wish to give this com-man-ding thing a shot my-self, and see whe-ther I could do a bet-ter job than you. I don't doubt I would do bet-ter," she added.

    "Myrtle, you do realize that if we lose this battle, we're out of here?" Keith said.

    "Ex-act-ly," snapped Myrtle. "I told you I wan-ted to han-dle the bat-tles, and I in-tend to do so, one way or a-no-ther! Mal-foy!" she barked. "Use your Vac-uum Wave once a-gain, fol-low it up with Gunk Shot, and wrap it up with Me-tro-nome!"

    "Metronome?!" Keith hissed. "Myrtle, are you out of your friggin' mind?!!" At this, Myrtle turned to glare at Keith.

    "Mind your tone, Meat Sack," she said warningly. "Just be-cause your Po-ke-dex states that you are my trai-ner does not mean you know bet-ter than I do. That Ab-sol is like-ly to have such a wide va-ri-e-ty of at-tacks that this en-ti-re bat-tle is one large gam-ble in a-ny case. Not e-ven Ab-sol will be ab-le to pre-pare for the out-come of a Me-tro-nome, how-ev-er."

    Malfoy meanwhile gave Keith a skeptical look upon hearing Myrtle's commands. Keith sighed and gave Malfoy a small nod, as if to say "just do it." Nodding back, though looking slightly wary, the Croagunk prepared to use the attacks he had been commanded to.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone
    The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: The boys eyes widen as you give him the bottle of Moo-Moo Milk, caring not for coins but for your comrades as Skoochy's mouth looks like it salivates at the thought of owning and drinking such a luxurious nutritious drink. He seems lost in the moment for a few seconds but after a while the boy opens his tattered jacket, placing the bottle in the inside pocket before closing it once more, his arm protecting the large lump coming from his jacket.

    You ask for him to show you to where your Pokémon are, or better yet show you, to which he nods, silently up-nodding as for you to follow him, running round to the other side of the statue before heading off to one of the large buildings. With a slight hesitation you proceed to play catch-up to the boy who shows no reason of slowing down, despite you chasing after him, sprinting at full speed as he begins to pull away. A few minutes of following him through various alleyways, all the time losing pace, you see him turn another corner. Wondering if this was actually just a ploy to speed away and take the Moo-Moo Milk your surprised to see him stopped outside a building, a large glass basement door to the right. Panting as you walk the final few yards the boy silently points to the entrance as you look down, seeing very little in the darkness before you. The boy opens the doors and as you turn to say thank you he puts a finger on his lips, suggesting that silent stealth would be the best approach here. You nod back in agreement as the boy turns on his heels and runs away, not wanting to be associated with breaking into the thieves hideout should your attempt go wrong as your left alone with your thoughts for a few seconds.

    Pumping yourself up mentally you lower yourself using the steel outlines, finding that this is more of a window than a basement staircase, the distance somewhat large but easily drop-able. A few seconds of breathing to get yourself psyched you let go, crashing down on the floor with a bump as the solid brick floor meets your feet, sending you buckling slightly as you end up on your backside in a dark damp room. The squeak of a Ratatata is enough to send you to your feet, noticing that the room is very rarely used past storage, boxes of unknown quantities and qualities surround you.

    Creeeeaaaak

    The door ahead of you creaks as your panic, just managing to find a hiding spot underneath a box-ridden table as your peer out from underneath, one large box covering most of your body as you see a figure walking down the stairs. Music pounds from above as you pray that this section was not one inhabited by rats or water as your eyes try to adjust to the light. You see the figure close the door with his heel, carrying another box down to where you just were before dropping it on top of the mound already there. He whistles as he does so and it takes you a few seconds but as he veers into view you notice it's the same guy from before.

    Instinct takes hold and before you know it you've charged "John", the surprise attack catching him off guard as you knock him over, the man clearly not expecting to see a previous victim rugby tackling him to the ground as even you are surprised by your strength, sending the man crashing to the floor as he slides a bit on the floor, his possessions being emptied out onto the stone floor. In the center six Pokéballs lay on the floor, rocking slightly though you can't see the Pokémon.

    John looks up, noticing the balls in the middle of the room, looking first to you then back to the Pokémon. Knowing that both of you will only be able take a maximum of three it seems more difficult for each one you take, one being the easiest while three looks a challenge. It would seem that this Mexican stand off is going to be a Pokéball rush, the balls an equal distance away from both you and John, you're going to have to run in, pick up your desired number of Pokéballs and battle this thief.

    What will you do?


    OoC: Please state how many Pokéballs you're going to pick up in your reply. Please refer to the first post as to 1 vs. 1-3 vs. 3. Also if you want to combine two updates and order vague that's fine with me (saves me an update). If you want to see which Pokemon you get first that's fine too but if you order vague you can do moves like "Give me a random status move" or "Fire off your strongest move" or "Fire off a fire or ice attack, if you have any".[/size][/color]
    Alice feels sympathy for the boy as his mouth nearly salivates at the drink, murmuring her thanks as he up-nodded and led her on the way. She supposed the situation called for running, but when she ran, she resembled a penguin and the choice of footwear wasn't the best for such sport. Her stamina was wiped by running, too, and her whole body burned from the inside, fierce pain hammering at heart and throat.

    Surprised and relieved he hadn't just tried to get rid of her, the young girl slowed and walked the final few yards, panting heavily and gasping for breath. He stopped her from attempting to show gratitude with the little air she had left, and Alice nodded, agreeing that stealth was probably best before he left her to it. Well, so much for that, but the trainer couldn't blame him.

    However, this meant she was on her own, and this scared the girl, too. But with all calories ever gained burned off thanks to the athletic street boy, coins wasted on Moo Moo Milk and her Pokemon taken, she had to see this through to the end. She pumped herself up, imagining her little Torchic depending on her, and let herself hang down, the adrenaline shooting through her. Alice felt both dizzied and energised by this, and let her fingers unfurl from the top, managing the final drop. A Rattata squeaked and scrambled in response to the creak and the teenager gasped, her lack of courage once again shining through.

    There wasn't much time to waste. Somebody appeared and she dived into hiding, eyes narrowing at the sight of the fraud and culprit of her Pokenapping: John. It wasn't long before rage and instinct clouded her thinking, and despite her petite frame, she managed to tackle him to the floor. Hours at the gym and trying to survive the trouble her adventures got her into, were surely the reason she managed that.

    "You're going to ****ing pay for this." Alice sneered, throwing herself back onto the floor to try and gather three of the Poke Balls at once. She couldn't see the Pokemon, but in the rush of the moment, she threw one of the spheres, dazzled by the light as it took on its form, "Go! Use an attack that'll raise your stats or downplay theirs if you don't have one! Then use your best, super-effective attacks! If we don't beat this thief, you'll never be rescued, so please trust me!"

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ecruteak City
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    Laos River: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Thrain: After an arduous journey with Blaze sniffing out anything and everything you finally arrived against another trainer, but with only capturing on your mind you decide that battling is not the agenda for today. Blaze whines a little as you drag him away but with the Treeko hiding behind his trainers leg in fear of the fire-type you think that it was probably for the best. Whistling for your fire pup you continue on the path next to the Laos River, the sounds of water crashing against rocks fill your ears as you observe the changes in water in different areas of the bank.

    Growlithe runs on ahead, barking as he does so for you to follow him as you move from a walk to a sprint; attempting to catch up with the fire-type before it gets himself into trouble. Seeing a small forest area up ahead your mind casts back to the article on the dangers of the region, the jungles being contaminated by powerful and angry Pokémon, the best of survival instincts making it here in Laos.

    Brushing your hand past hangings leaves you soon find Blaze sat down, its tongue extended and panting. Noticing that it has found nothing you begin to walk away but a noise makes you spin back round. Putting a finger on your lips to tell Blaze to be quiet you crouch down on the heavily-leafed floor, moving closer towards the sound. Opening through a clearing you see two very large muscular men surrounded by a small, yet still muscular, group forming a circle. Inside the circle the two larger men are showing off their muscles, goading the crowd into cheering for them.

    Suddenly, both men reach inside the pockets of their black sleeveless leather jackets, withdrawing a small red ball which extends with their touch. It looks like a battle is going to go down, and judging by your surroundings it's going to be a powerful one.

    What will you do?

    OoC: Thanks for picking me up!

    The sun beamed down from high above as Eric and Blaze continued their trek down the banks of the Laos River. Gurgling sounds from the water drew Eric's attention as the day went on, tempting him with moist coolness. Blaze continued to race ahead every once in a while in search of anything and everything, barking at his trainer often to keep up. A half hour passed, and impatience began to sprout between the duo as their search for Pokémon turned up empty-handed. Just when Eric was about to call Blaze back, a bark filled the air: an insistent, course bark, not like Blaze's playful one. Noting that something must be up, Eric set off at a sprint, scaling a hill that he had watched Blaze climb over minutes before. A collage of green met Eric's eyes as he found himself a few yards away from the entrance to a tiny forest. Tropical foliage reached up to the heavens, and it was underneath the undergrowth that Eric spotted Blaze. The Growlithe turned on his heel as soon as he saw his trainer, rushing into the forest.

    A sense of dread washed over Eric as he watched his Pokémon disappear into the brush. He had heard many tales before arriving to Talas regarding the dangers of jungles, where many powerful Pokémon were said to inhabit. Shaking aside his wariness, Eric plunged in after his fiery pup. I have to get to him before he winds up in trouble. "Blaze, Blaze!" Eric called throughout the dense jungle. Brushing aside low-hanging leaves and some tangled branches, Eric soon found himself at the edge of a clearing. There Blaze sat, wagging his tail wildly and staring at Eric in an expectant sort of way. "Blaze! What were you thinking," Eric asked, rushing over to his fire type. "You should know better than to run off into a jungle as dense as this. Who knows what could have happened to you!" Blaze looked a little hurt underneath all the chiding, and turned away from the clearing under Eric's insistence. "C'mon, let's get out of here," Eric said, glancing around nervously at his surroundings.

    Suddenly, a shout filled the air, causing Eric to jump in surprise. Crouching down quickly, he gestured for Blaze to keep quiet, then peeked through a large bush that blocked the edge of the clearing where he thought the noise originated. There, in the center of the opening, stood a group of men clothed in black, leather jackets. Thick muscles roped around each of their arms. Two of the bigger individuals in the center of the group seemed to be showing off to the throng of people, flexing their biceps this way and that. A second later, the duo reached into their pockets and drew out two Poké Balls. Uh-oh, what's going on here? "Is this what you brought me to see?" Eric asked Blaze quietly. The Growlithe continued to look toward the throng of men intently.

    I'd hate to see what Pokémon they have, Eric thought. By the looks of these men, they seem to be pretty dangerous. "Blaze, c'mon, we need to get out of here." Eric began to stealthily move through the underbrush back they way they came, crouching down to not be seen. Blaze, however, remained glued to his spot, watching the two men enlarge their Poké Balls. Sighing in exasperation, Eric returned to his Growlithe's side. "Fine, we'll watch the battle for now, but if it gets too dangerous, we're leaving. Try not to make any noise!" The Growlithe nodded in agreement.



  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John's Knight View Post
    takkupanda
    Deciding to be the little girl’s knight in shining army, you quickly shout “Leave her alone! She meant no harm!”, putting yourself and Broly between the fallen girl and the angry stagbeetle. The Pinsir was not intimidated at all by your little fire pup, who begins to follow your commands with a mighty Roar, echoing throughout the garden. Even so, the bug was not startled – in fact, it appeared pumped to see a strong-looking opponent, menacingly moving its pincers.

    “Are you okay, Miss? Everything will be fine now...” you tell the little girl, who gently patted her damaged pooch. “What happened out there? Why is it attacking you?”

    Before she could answer, you notice Broly quickly opening his mouth, firing a quick array of small Embers, which upon contact make the Pinsir cry out in pain, that surely was a super effective move. The Pinsir was quick to retaliate however, serving its Revenge by punching the pup’s face, violently hitting the ground for some good damage. Broly tries to move away from the Pinsir so he could attack again, and gets away from the stag’s range, firing another quick round of Embers, again damaging the bug pokemon, that ought to have hurt!

    “Your pokemon is quite strong!” the girl says, looking at you now. “My name’s Linda, and this is Pooch. We’ve been exploring this region for a while, so when we found ourselves a tad hungry, we picked a few berries from a nearby tree. Then, from out of nowhere, that… beast came out of nowhere, and started attacking us. We tried to get away, and we even returned the berries we took – we assumed it was guarding that tree, or something like that. But…it was just too strong for us… And now…Pooch…”
    Her watery eyes quickly focused on the stagbeetle again - unfortunately, it appeared that it was not only Broly who had a super-effective-type move. The Pinsir starts to gather his energy on its hand, a slightly brown hue glow engulfing it, before it was thrown towards the Growlithe. Slow to react, he cries out in agony, as he was Smacked Down by the Pinsir’s rock type attack, who grinned in amusement. It surely had a few tricks up its sleeve, and it wasn’t going to let you go anywhere soon.

    What will you do?
    As Marcelo and Broly stepped in between the Pinsir and the little girl named Linda whose Poochyena named Pooch was crushed with just one attack from the Pinsir, the Pinsir now diverted his rage towards the fiery pup. Marcelo in the meanwhile tried to comfort Linda and to ask her what was wrong. It appeared as if the Pinsir might have been protecting some berry tree from which Linda happened to pick a few berries to satiate her hunger. However, even on returning the berries back, the Pinsir kept attacking, probably having gone berserk from the intrusion of its territory. Now it was upto Broly and Marcelo to stop the stagbeetle's rampage and take care of the girl and her Poochyena.

    "I see... its just probably gone berserk. A few burns might bring it back to its senses. Leave it to us now... we'll take care of it." said Marcelo to Linda while staring the stagbeetle in the eye as it grinned on getting a super-effective hit on Broly. "Enough of the games now. If it's a battle you want, it's a battle you've got!" said Marcelo as he adjusted his light brown cowboy hat on his head and got ready for the forthcoming battle.

    "Broly, let's show the tough guy some moves, shall we? Start with a Flamethrower to attempt to burn it! Then, if it's trying an attack, see if you can dodge it and return a hit with an Aerial Ace! Finish it off with a Crossfire!"

    Marcelo turned his attention towards Linda again. "Once we take care of the Pinsir, let's take Pooch to the nearest Pokemon Centre. Okay? Do you know if there's any Pokemon Centre nearby?" he added to comfort Linda a little bit more.
    Last edited by takkupanda; 31st October 2012 at 5:35 AM.
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

    Fizzy Bubbles


    Cable Club Trading List

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default Talas October Update #03

    November's a busy month for me (and I managed to blag time off before this snow saga (and panic despite one snowy day.. ****ing English weather) came into effect so you'll have to bear with me. I hope to get two massive update 2 weeks apart for the month but there's a chance I'll have to go to one update for the entire month (like Lilblue).

    Takeo, it's not the best of update and I can see where you've copied and pasted my words and added your own. I like that you've added your own but I must insist that the only lines copied and pasted from my original statement are the speeches other characters give. Feel free to paraphrase or rephrase events happened in the story but I don't want copy and paste. I'm glad you saw the last part to be bordering on self-updating though.

    Another point of note is the strange paragraph/line spacings you put between your words, often after a comma. The part where you say “Hallow nodded as he allowed the man to tell his story,” and then follow with “but Hallow's blood boiled when he heard the name 'Team Rocket'” should really be on the same line as each other. I don't know if this is accident or your just trying to make your update look longer by adding new lines where there shouldn't be.


    Research Lab: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Takeo: Venturing back out into the soaring heat after being ushered away from the laboratory by Sebastian you feel the heat once more, scorching down as you feel immediate beads of sweat begin to form after the nice time inside the air-conditioned room. Wondering if the region feels even hotter than it did before you arrived you withdraw your Pokémon and head off to the market, wondering if it's as bustling as before.

    Running in the heat wasn't the best of ideas but you manage to get to the market OK, tired and sweaty but hoping that someone can give you any leads on the thief who stole Sebastian's machine part. Your notes told you that Sobek's market is filled with tourist stalls and scientist stalls, offering the latest equipment to budding scientists hoping to break through in their respective field while also catering for the numerous tourists the first discovered lost city has to offer; useless knick-knacks spread over the stalls with the odd hidden-gem in places.

    This was no time for shopping, however, and you begin to wander down the aisles of traders your distinct look screams tourist. Not looking much like a scientist the technology stores almost ignore you, years of trading specifically to scientists and having their time wasted by tourists who couldn't afford the specialist gear has left them bitter in the mouth, knowing that while the tourism and science expedition go hand-in-hand, they seem to prefer the 'old days', before Sobek became a tourist destination and was used solely for the culmination of science. You ask around but everyone seems to ignore you, not even expressing a desire of interest in the machines gets you anywhere and you're sent on your jolly way to deal with the tourist industry.

    Further down the line you see lots of tourist-y stalls, the lines blurred slightly with the odd tourist stall hoping to catch the early tourist before he got to the main hunk of the stalls but this was truly the place of tourist flogging. Walking along you're on the look-out for suspicious thief-type behavior but seem to be constantly bombarded by the stall owners and helpers, random people who look like ordinary tourists seem to be under the employment of the stall-owners, paid to weed out tourists with money and to get them interested in goods and you're no different, the men getting in your face and asking if you wanted to try out the new GameBuy 3,000, the latest invention from Devon Corp., the newest and most secret gaming console for trainers only released here in Talas or a piece of the original wall first found by scientists in 1912. You go over to the stalls but at a glance you question the validity of these offers, many of the market items fakes or replicas of distance products, sold to unsuspecting trainers for a quick buck, knowing that they'll never see them again once they return home from their little trip out to the volatile desert.

    You persevere, however, asking each store member if they've seen a thief around these parts. Many shake their heads while others tell you sob-stories of thieves taking all of their items but once you're hooked and wanting to help them they move you over to their “new” stall and ask you to buy items from them to help them back on their feet, the over-exaggerated crying and sudden stoppage when you look at the items making you believe it was all just a ploy, discarding their stories and leave, the store-owners accepting that you wised up and let you go. Others tell you they have seen thieves in the area, but as you ask about Team Rocket they simply shake it off, indicating that it's often children of questionable morals who steal and item, but are often apprehended by the strict police force or by the stall owners themselves, looking across to see a powerful Houndoom guarding one particular person's stall and a Watchog another, the first's sense of smell and intimidating stature enough to reduce crime while the others keen eye ability and never-blinking always-on-guard meerkat seeing every detail.

    You sigh as you feel the thief getting further and further away, when suddenly you find a boy similar in age to yourself, who looks angry and annoyed. You ask him if he had seen a thief to which he nods,

    “Yeah I seen a thief. That old man sold me a Soul Dew so I could go visit The Southern Island and see one but when I bought it it turned out to be a Pokéball painted in the same colours and the Soul Dew. I asked for a refund and he said he wouldn't give me one because it was store policy.”

    Seems the young man has a problem. The longer you spend helping people the more time the thief has to gain on you, but this person seems upset at being miss-sold and item.

    What will you do?

    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: Working out that your Pokemon's ability is in fact Dry Skin, you worry about the flamethrower's extra damage, the powerful Absol had enough experience and battle-knowledge already and now with the added disadvantage Crogunk held you fear that the Absol could be too good for you little untested frog.

    Your Shuppet, however, disagrees and takes over the reigns, causing you to have a little argument before you finally concede, the stubborn Ghost-type ordering Croagunk what to do. The Pokémon looks very confused at the sudden change of instructors, and looks over to you both with panic, but as you agree with the Shuppets orders it nods sternly, accepting that today is a different day.

    As the round begins both Pokémon battle for initiative, the priority of Absol's partly-charged move going head-to-head with Croagunk's lightning fast hands and Vacuum Wave combination, leading to an epic beginning. Absol, using the higher ground and slight hesitation from the frog to follow Myrtle’s orders, manages to fire off its Ice Beam attack, the ice cannoning from its mouth and twisting in the air, heading directly for the propped up Croagunk. In retaliation, however, the Croagunk falls back on its priority, punching the air with supreme speed to create a Vacuum, the fighting Wave passing the Ice Beam in mid-air.

    As both attacks hit at exactly the same time, Croagunk cries with pain as it's subjected to a hot-then-cold combination, the pressure of the combination causing some breakage to Pokémon of fortification. Absol on the other hand gets hit by the Vacuum Wave, the resulting explosion of Super Effective attacks sending the dark-type flying from its higher ground, the reliability weak attack doing added fall damage as a bonus as the quadrupedal skids along the rock floor before crashing slowly coming to a halt. It gets up and snarls in anger, visible hurt by the fighting spirit the small Croagunk is showing.

    Moving together once again, Absol and Croagunk fire off another barrage of attack, the poison-frog using its type-affinity to fire off a Gunk Shot into the air, the poison move fired high into the air before it arches down, attempting to avoid the fallen pillar Absol is unknowingly using as cover. As the attack flies over, Absol sees it late, panicking before automatically firing off a Dark Pulse at the gunk, causing the move to explore in mid-air, causing an explosion and the resulting sludge to splatter over the battlefield.

    As Absol begins to take a breather it's surprised to see Croagunk continuing the attack, the frog wagging its fingers back and forth, each hand glowing white before fading, Croagunk continuing to then run at near-light speed, tackling the Absol several times with Acrobatic skill, leaving two after-images that fade after a second. With both Pokémon now in close proximity Croagunk looks tired, last round's three-moves more exhausting than that of the two-move Absol.

    What will you do?

    Club Basement: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: Grabbing three of the Pokéball spheres you quickly throw one of yours, the ball cannoning off the floor with an explosion of light, a small Ivysaur appearing from it. As the Pokéball methodically bounces back into your palm you notice the Ivysaur already cowered over in fear, not looking at you as it puts its head down.

    Your voice, however, makes it more inclined to move as it realises you are not the thief, looking up at you with wide eyes; its stature far more weakened than you originally thought. The leaves below its bulb look cut and torn, its face battered and bruised and there's a nasty cut above its right eye, like someone had repeatedly slashed the Pokémon with sharp claws. Gasping at the mistreatment of this poor Pokémon your thoughts go to your own, scared that they too could be suffering the same fate, making you more determined to show this thief who's boss.

    Swearing at him the thief gets up to his feet, dusting himself down as he notices who you are, recognising you from before. He looks down at the Ivysaur with a sickening smile, laughing at it's weakened state and your furious anger.

    Encouraging the small grass-type to fight with you to deal with the thief, the Ivysaur has a brief period of wonder, clearly examining the options before finally deciding, a unenthusiastic nod confirms that it will indeed fight by your side. Giving it your orders the plant Pokémon nods again, looking round to see the thief pull out a Pokéball of his own, calling on a Granbull which opens its massive mouth before chomping down on thin air, clearly chomping at the bit for action. Ivysaur winces as he sees the Granbull, but stands strong to its threatening taunts.

    Ivysaur begins the battle by attempting to heighten its own skill, using the small amount of sunshine beaming in through the opened roof to power itself up, the apparent Growth in appendage visable to all, the pod on its back being the main source of expenditure. Granbull, seeing the slighly larger Ivysaur facing it uses sharp teeth and finger pointing to Torment Ivysaur, suggesting that it too will inflict the same amount of damage, if not worse, on the already battered Pokémon.

    Determined not be too brought down by the Granbull, Ivysaur closes its eyes before charging in, using its flailing vines to Rock Smash the Granbull's chest, sending it skidding along the floor back to the thief trainer, who angrily shouts and the Pokémon and kicks it before it gets back to its feet, very angry at Ivysaur. In return, it too runs up to the opposition, also using a Crunch to clamp down on Ivysaur's foot, trapping it as it screams with pain.

    With the round over and Ivysaur trapped, the thief shouts his orders as Granbull's hand glows red with energy before seting alight, swinging it back ready for the start of round 2.

    What will you do?


    OoC: For all intents and purposes Ivysaur has all of the TMs it can learn (including Gen III & IV only TMs), as well as level-up moves up to level 30. It has no Move Tutor or Egg Moves at its disposal, or pre-evolution moves.

    Laos River: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Thrain: With your stubborn Growlithe deciding to watch the battle you return to his side, allowing the fire-pup to stay if it promises to be quiet and to leave at the first sign of danger. Worried about the dangerous looking men's attitude you wonder what type of Pokémon they would have, and wonder what is going on. Taking a crouch beside your adoring Pokémon you watch as the battle begins, moving a branch slightly so you can see better, noticing that an audience made up of similarly dressed people rings round the two fighting.

    Both trainers begin the battle in the same fashion, performing a battle routine of exactly the same stances and moves, the battle dance a custom among this particular group as they unclasp the Pokéballs from their belts before bringing it back, clicking the button at the same time as the two Pokémon are released in unison.

    On the side of the smaller male, a large Ursaring is released, which bellows its battle cry through the forest, causing a few small birds to caw and fly out of the trees in panic. On the other side, an Ursaring also stands, but no sound erupts from its mouth as it stays still.

    With both trainers giving their battle orders, both Pokémon begin the battle by advancing their moves, Bulking Up and Honing their Claws as they swagger back and forth, preparing each other and seizing each other up. The audience begin to murmur as they do, expecting the battle to go this way in the opening round, setting up for an all-out brawl in the second.

    With both Pokémon completed and returned to their trainers for orders the smaller male trainer begins first, using his Ursarings Strength to topple the opponent, throwing it in a judo-flip to land it on its back before swiftly Night Slashing and Low Kicking, causing the grounded bear to wince as the attack hits its ribs. The audience murmurs louder still, wondering if the grounded Ursaring could come back but as the now confident looking dominating Ursaring looks down on its opponent it gets a Mega Kick to the face, the upkick working perfectly as it reverses the situation, causing the recipient to stumble as the downed Ursaring gets back to its feet.

    With both Pokémon standing on two feet and the smaller male's Pokémon dazed, the larger Ursaring charges up a Focus Punch, landing the powerful attack in the stomach of its opponent, causing the bear to reel back, clearly winded by the blow to the midsection. Stumbling around, the winded Ursaring tries a Fire Punch, swinging for the fences with the haymaker but the other Ursaring catches it, spinning the wounded Ursaring round before using a Submission read naked choke not a move Ursaring can use normally.

    Within a few seconds the smaller Ursaring taps before falling unconscious, but with no hesitation the larger one continues before twisting, snapping the smaller ones neck. Leaving the body limp on the floor Ursaring stands up but again with no sounds is recalled to its Pokéball. The forest is silenced as the audience take in what has happened, but you feel like you want to throw up.

    Deciding that this would be a good time to leave you issue the command to you Growlithe, pointing in another direction before leaving, trying to quickly escape from the nightmare you saw before you. As you do, however, you hear a large SNAP as you step on a very large branch. Questioning how you didn't see it before you look behind you to see that everyone has noticed you.

    A surreal second or two passes as you stare back at each other in confusion but as the larger male collects himself from winning the battle he spots you, yelling to his boys as he realises you've seen the fight.

    “GET HIM”

    With this a flurry of action explodes through the forest, you turn on your heels and run as fast as you can, the group begin to chase but as they're on their knees you feel yourself with an upper hand. With Growlithe running beside you, you peg it through the forest and into a clearing, a large stretch of tree-less woodland before another section of heavy trees. Noticing that if you make it across the plain-land and into the woods you'll be able to get away you quickly sprint towards the tree-line, hoping to outspring the larger fatter members of the audience you just saw.

    Vroom. Vroom.

    The loud sounds of engines pierces your ears as you curse your luck, keeping running but looking over your shoulder to see every member on a motorbike, chasing you down. With the trees being your only solution you find yourself in a race, a mere half a football field to go. You begin counting down like John Madden as your feet race as fast as they can.

    40....30.....20.....10.... thunk

    A large object forces you to the ground before you know it, the heavy force sending you off balance and crashing onto the woodland floor, autumn leaves being kicked up and sprayed as you skid, the momentum from your run carrying you forward a few yards. Looking back you see a Seviper Wrapped around your body, its large fangs poised at your neck as you stop dead-still.

    The bikes come closer as you tell Growlithe to stop growling at them, knowing any threat and the Seviper's fangs could easily puncture your throat. As you lie still staring up at the snake you see the largest male approach you, standing over you, the leader of the pack given first rights.

    “Your Pokémon. Give them me.” he says in a low grumbling voice, gesturing towards the Pokéballs on your Pokébelt.

    What will you do?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: Working out that your Pokemon's ability is in fact Dry Skin, you worry about the flamethrower's extra damage, the powerful Absol had enough experience and battle-knowledge already and now with the added disadvantage Crogunk held you fear that the Absol could be too good for you little untested frog.

    Your Shuppet, however, disagrees and takes over the reigns, causing you to have a little argument before you finally concede, the stubborn Ghost-type ordering Croagunk what to do. The Pokémon looks very confused at the sudden change of instructors, and looks over to you both with panic, but as you agree with the Shuppets orders it nods sternly, accepting that today is a different day.

    As the round begins both Pokémon battle for initiative, the priority of Absol's partly-charged move going head-to-head with Croagunk's lightning fast hands and Vacuum Wave combination, leading to an epic beginning. Absol, using the higher ground and slight hesitation from the frog to follow Myrtle’s orders, manages to fire off its Ice Beam attack, the ice cannoning from its mouth and twisting in the air, heading directly for the propped up Croagunk. In retaliation, however, the Croagunk falls back on its priority, punching the air with supreme speed to create a Vacuum, the fighting Wave passing the Ice Beam in mid-air.

    As both attacks hit at exactly the same time, Croagunk cries with pain as it's subjected to a hot-then-cold combination, the pressure of the combination causing some breakage to Pokémon of fortification. Absol on the other hand gets hit by the Vacuum Wave, the resulting explosion of Super Effective attacks sending the dark-type flying from its higher ground, the reliability weak attack doing added fall damage as a bonus as the quadrupedal skids along the rock floor before crashing slowly coming to a halt. It gets up and snarls in anger, visible hurt by the fighting spirit the small Croagunk is showing.

    Moving together once again, Absol and Croagunk fire off another barrage of attack, the poison-frog using its type-affinity to fire off a Gunk Shot into the air, the poison move fired high into the air before it arches down, attempting to avoid the fallen pillar Absol is unknowingly using as cover. As the attack flies over, Absol sees it late, panicking before automatically firing off a Dark Pulse at the gunk, causing the move to explore in mid-air, causing an explosion and the resulting sludge to splatter over the battlefield.

    As Absol begins to take a breather it's surprised to see Croagunk continuing the attack, the frog wagging its fingers back and forth, each hand glowing white before fading, Croagunk continuing to then run at near-light speed, tackling the Absol several times with Acrobatic skill, leaving two after-images that fade after a second. With both Pokémon now in close proximity Croagunk looks tired, last round's three-moves more exhausting than that of the two-move Absol.

    What will you do?
    Keith watched as Malfoy carried out Myrtle's orders, with an understandable amount of hesitancy. Myrtle might have all the wisdom from her prior life, but Keith knew that she had been a wild Pokemon in her previous life, and not a trainer. However, things appear to be getting off to a good start as Malfoy's Vacuum Wave connects at the same time as the Absol's Ice Beam. Keith's Croagunk wasn't as lucky with Gunk Shot, but made up for it as he Metronomed Acrobatics, which had to have done some decent damage. Though Malfoy was looking pretty tired out, Keith knew the Absol had to be worn out a little bit, too.

    "I gotta hand it to you, Myrtle, that went pretty well," Keith conceded.

    "As I knew it would, Meat Sack," Myrtle replied.

    "I like that Absol's fighting spirit, though," Keith added, a glint in his eye, which did not go unnoticed by Myrtle.

    "You can-not se-ri-ous-ly be thin-king what I think you are thin-king," Myrtle said.

    "Oh, I'm thinking it," Keith replied as he extracted an empty Poke Ball from his backpack. "Myrtle, you may give the orders once more. I'll throw this when I think the time is right."

    "Good Ar-ce-us," Myrtle groaned. "The P-C Sto-rage Sys-tem al-lows all trai-ners un-li-mi-ted sto-rage space, and you go ab-so-lute-ly in-sane."

    "Hey. Absol are awesome," argued Keith. "They're also supposed to be extremely rare, so who knows when this sort of opportunity will roll around again? I'd be a fool to pass this up! Now let's do this."

    "Fine," sighed Myrtle. "Malfoy! A Cross Chop at-tack now! Fol-low up with Mud-Slap, and then go for a Head-butt!"

    Keith nodded his approval of these orders, and gripped the Poke Ball tightly in his hand, prepared to throw it the second the Absol looked like it had had enough.


    OOC: Link to the Poke Ball- #8 of 10

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone

    Club Basement: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: Grabbing three of the Pokéball spheres you quickly throw one of yours, the ball cannoning off the floor with an explosion of light, a small Ivysaur appearing from it. As the Pokéball methodically bounces back into your palm you notice the Ivysaur already cowered over in fear, not looking at you as it puts its head down.

    Your voice, however, makes it more inclined to move as it realises you are not the thief, looking up at you with wide eyes; its stature far more weakened than you originally thought. The leaves below its bulb look cut and torn, its face battered and bruised and there's a nasty cut above its right eye, like someone had repeatedly slashed the Pokémon with sharp claws. Gasping at the mistreatment of this poor Pokémon your thoughts go to your own, scared that they too could be suffering the same fate, making you more determined to show this thief who's boss.

    Swearing at him the thief gets up to his feet, dusting himself down as he notices who you are, recognising you from before. He looks down at the Ivysaur with a sickening smile, laughing at it's weakened state and your furious anger.

    Encouraging the small grass-type to fight with you to deal with the thief, the Ivysaur has a brief period of wonder, clearly examining the options before finally deciding, a unenthusiastic nod confirms that it will indeed fight by your side. Giving it your orders the plant Pokémon nods again, looking round to see the thief pull out a Pokéball of his own, calling on a Granbull which opens its massive mouth before chomping down on thin air, clearly chomping at the bit for action. Ivysaur winces as he sees the Granbull, but stands strong to its threatening taunts.

    Ivysaur begins the battle by attempting to heighten its own skill, using the small amount of sunshine beaming in through the opened roof to power itself up, the apparent Growth in appendage visable to all, the pod on its back being the main source of expenditure. Granbull, seeing the slighly larger Ivysaur facing it uses sharp teeth and finger pointing to Torment Ivysaur, suggesting that it too will inflict the same amount of damage, if not worse, on the already battered Pokémon.

    Determined not be too brought down by the Granbull, Ivysaur closes its eyes before charging in, using its flailing vines to Rock Smash the Granbull's chest, sending it skidding along the floor back to the thief trainer, who angrily shouts and the Pokémon and kicks it before it gets back to its feet, very angry at Ivysaur. In return, it too runs up to the opposition, also using a Crunch to clamp down on Ivysaur's foot, trapping it as it screams with pain.

    With the round over and Ivysaur trapped, the thief shouts his orders as Granbull's hand glows red with energy before seting alight, swinging it back ready for the start of round 2.

    What will you do?
    OoC: For all intents and purposes Ivysaur has all of the TMs it can learn (including Gen III & IV only TMs), as well as level-up moves up to level 30. It has no Move Tutor or Egg Moves at its disposal, or pre-evolution moves.
    Alice briefly concealed her eyes with a hand as the Poke Ball's light lit up the room, but what she found before her was not impressive. The Ivysaur resembled a wilted plant, its blue skin cut and shredded, the bulb and leaves looking sad and in need of nutrition. It was in a sorry state, and seemed even afraid of her.

    She couldn't feel relieved even as the Pokemon agreed with her, her mind flittering to her own team. Torchic losing his feathers, Pichu forever afraid of this new world she was always so curious and excited to explore. Pineco, wondering what he had done wrong, Swinub abandoned in a time of need when he was always there for her and Bagon - disappointed that his owner couldn't step up to the plate. She bit her lip, tears threatening to fall, but this down expression changed to a scowl at the sight of the Granbull being kicked.

    "What kind of trainer are you, anyway?! Sort your life out!" The teenager snapped, gasping as the canine chomped down on Ivysaur's foot, wincing at his cry of pain. "Don't worry, Ivysaur! We'll get through this together, I promise! Use Protect, then Double Team and Leech Seed!" She called, concerned at the thought of it enduring a punch at close range. "You don't need to be afraid anymore, I promise!"

    Alice wasn't sure if making a promise like that was wise, but she needed to help it through this, whatever it had gone through. Not only for its sake, but for hers and all the other Pokemon, too.

    ((Enjoy your holiday, Treep! We'll be waiting for you! ^^ I love my adventure so far. Also, mah stats.))

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default Talas November Update #01

    Meetan; Glad you're enjoying the adventure. I'm never sure as I'm good at replying to zones, but I'm never sure if my updating is enjoyable for those I'm updating. Also I tend to use battles over other challenges because I suck at creating them, but I'll try and work on that :x.

    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: Getting over your anxiety about allowing Myrtle to take over the orders you watch as the battle goes a relative success, before allowing your Shuppet to take over the reigns once more. Grabbing a Pokéball out of your bag you grasp the red and white sphere tightly in your hands, appreciating the Absol enough to want to capture the dark-type, the glint in your eye equal to the glint coming off the Pokéball.

    Getting the battle started your small poison frog charges its fists full of fighting energy, its hands glowing white once more as it raises them to head height before slamming down with extreme quickness, the priority of the Cross Chop surprising the Absol as it takes the brunt of the attack with a wail; the attack doing very heavy damage in the circumstance, sending the Absol recoiling a few steps backwards to catch its breath.

    Feeling that the perfect time to launch another attack while the Absol was stunned you see Myrtle give another order as Croagunk nods its head, still waiting for the perfect time to throw the Pokéball. As you do, however, Croagunk Slaps the floor with its flattened fin, hoping to release some Mud from the floor into Absol's eyes but as it slaps the stone only dust explodes into the air like a mushroom cloud, the mud slap attack doing nothing when there's no mud about.

    With the battlefield being hard to see you wait for the dust to settle, Croagunk looking around at each direction, waiting for a flash of white before attacking with something else, but as you strain your eyes to look for the Absol, a crackle of thunder bolts through the smoke, hitting the small frog for some good damage, but luckily not paralyzing it.

    Feeling the recoil from such a hard shot Croagunk looks to get even, lowering its head before running at the Absol, intending to butt it into submission; its small black feet hitting the rock as it runs towards the target, but as it does Absol begins to run towards Croagunk too. Looking on as the two begin to pick up speed you see Croagunk head connect with Absol's Body Slam, the taller and twice as heavy dark type dealing much more damage out than the frog, but still feels the headbutt to the chest.

    Feeling that this is your best chance of catching the Pokémon you throw the red and white sphere at Absol, the Pokéball flying through the air at the unsuspecting quadrupedal who is more focused on battle. As the Pokéball nears its target, the Absol manages to see it out of the corner of its eye, a brisk snap of its neck muscles Cutting the Pokéball in half with its head-scythe as one red and one white segment hit the stone floor and bounce away. Snorting, the Absol looks to be more pissed off, lowering its Edged scythe in preparation for the next round. With Croagunk now knackered, it looks like conserving energy might be the call...

    What will you do?

    Club Basement: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: Yelling your frustrations and questioning your opponents validity as a Pokémon trainer you gasp in shock as the man begins to grin before launching into a hearty sadistic laugh.

    “Trainer? I just 'look after' the Pokémon that the boss doesn't want. I couldn't care about Pokémon. The boss promised me scientific fame and lots of money so I can finally show my father he's wrong about trusting Pokémon further than you can throw them” he announces, brushing down his shoulder with discontent.

    Fighting off the tears you begin to plan your revenge starting with getting Ivysaur out of its predicament, offering support in the form of worded encouragement as the Ivysaur doesn't reply, clearly worried about the situation far more than words can help. Giving your word that you'd get it out of the situation, all the while concerned about the close-range punch, you give your orders to Ivysaur.

    With Granbull's hand now at a sufficient heat, the bulldog-like Pokémon swings a haymaker downwards towards the grass type, the Ivysaur wincing before just putting up a protective barrier, causing the Granbull to smack its fist against the hard wall, howling with pain as it recoils backwards releasing Ivysaur from its grasp and delighting its hand.

    Having avoided the first attack, Ivysaur looks to grow a little in confidence, and then grow in numbers as it Double Teams its opponent, creating 2 extra identical clones to look on. The man opposite growls with frustration before ordering his Pokémon to attack, the Granbull complying with a quick combination of Stone Edge and Flamethrower, however as luck would have it both miss, hitting the clones and making them disappear.

    Ivysaur shrinks a little at the powerful super effective moves, but allows itself to follow your orders, firing a small pip of a green seed onto the target. Flying through the air the seed lands on Granbull's forehead, releasing a plethora of vines which immediately sap the normal-type's energy and health, leeching off it. With the seed having taken a little health you'll need to order to recall the seed if you want the advantages, or you can leave it to sap more each round.

    What will you do?

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    Meetan; Glad you're enjoying the adventure. I'm never sure as I'm good at replying to zones, but I'm never sure if my updating is enjoyable for those I'm updating. Also I tend to use battles over other challenges because I suck at creating them, but I'll try and work on that :x.

    Club Basement: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: Yelling your frustrations and questioning your opponents validity as a Pokémon trainer you gasp in shock as the man begins to grin before launching into a hearty sadistic laugh.

    “Trainer? I just 'look after' the Pokémon that the boss doesn't want. I couldn't care about Pokémon. The boss promised me scientific fame and lots of money so I can finally show my father he's wrong about trusting Pokémon further than you can throw them” he announces, brushing down his shoulder with discontent.

    Fighting off the tears you begin to plan your revenge starting with getting Ivysaur out of its predicament, offering support in the form of worded encouragement as the Ivysaur doesn't reply, clearly worried about the situation far more than words can help. Giving your word that you'd get it out of the situation, all the while concerned about the close-range punch, you give your orders to Ivysaur.

    With Granbull's hand now at a sufficient heat, the bulldog-like Pokémon swings a haymaker downwards towards the grass type, the Ivysaur wincing before just putting up a protective barrier, causing the Granbull to smack its fist against the hard wall, howling with pain as it recoils backwards releasing Ivysaur from its grasp and delighting its hand.

    Having avoided the first attack, Ivysaur looks to grow a little in confidence, and then grow in numbers as it Double Teams its opponent, creating 2 extra identical clones to look on. The man opposite growls with frustration before ordering his Pokémon to attack, the Granbull complying with a quick combination of Stone Edge and Flamethrower, however as luck would have it both miss, hitting the clones and making them disappear.

    Ivysaur shrinks a little at the powerful super effective moves, but allows itself to follow your orders, firing a small pip of a green seed onto the target. Flying through the air the seed lands on Granbull's forehead, releasing a plethora of vines which immediately sap the normal-type's energy and health, leeching off it. With the seed having taken a little health you'll need to order to recall the seed if you want the advantages, or you can leave it to sap more each round.

    What will you do?
    "I don't think you could throw anything far, quite frankly. Just look at you!" Alice spat back bitterly, just as daunted as Ivysaur by the close range of the super effective moves. "You're doing great, Ivysaur! We'll get through it. Use Light Screen, then Toxic and Venoshock!" She ordered. It was best to get their defense up, what with this Granbull clearly so well trained - and trained to be perfect against an Ivysaur, by the looks of it. Still, for his condition, he was doing great. If only his esteem could be boosted, too, they'd be perfect to go.

    "Anyway, a scientist who doesn't care about Pokemon isn't going to get very far, famous or not. Especially if he can't look after them. What've you even been doing to these poor things?!" The trainer asked next in her outrage, looking at the fearsome Granbull, too. She felt so sorry for it, and would rather stop the battle to swoop it up in her arms than carry it on. How must it have felt about humans when it got kicked around and shouted at like it did? She wished she could speak to them both. She wished she could know all the things they felt and experienced. It just wasn't fair, and the sooner she could praise and cuddle Ivysaur, and do the same for her own team, the better.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post

    Research Lab: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Takeo: Venturing back out into the soaring heat after being ushered away from the laboratory by Sebastian you feel the heat once more, scorching down as you feel immediate beads of sweat begin to form after the nice time inside the air-conditioned room. Wondering if the region feels even hotter than it did before you arrived you withdraw your Pokémon and head off to the market, wondering if it's as bustling as before.

    Running in the heat wasn't the best of ideas but you manage to get to the market OK, tired and sweaty but hoping that someone can give you any leads on the thief who stole Sebastian's machine part. Your notes told you that Sobek's market is filled with tourist stalls and scientist stalls, offering the latest equipment to budding scientists hoping to break through in their respective field while also catering for the numerous tourists the first discovered lost city has to offer; useless knick-knacks spread over the stalls with the odd hidden-gem in places.

    This was no time for shopping, however, and you begin to wander down the aisles of traders your distinct look screams tourist. Not looking much like a scientist the technology stores almost ignore you, years of trading specifically to scientists and having their time wasted by tourists who couldn't afford the specialist gear has left them bitter in the mouth, knowing that while the tourism and science expedition go hand-in-hand, they seem to prefer the 'old days', before Sobek became a tourist destination and was used solely for the culmination of science. You ask around but everyone seems to ignore you, not even expressing a desire of interest in the machines gets you anywhere and you're sent on your jolly way to deal with the tourist industry.

    Further down the line you see lots of tourist-y stalls, the lines blurred slightly with the odd tourist stall hoping to catch the early tourist before he got to the main hunk of the stalls but this was truly the place of tourist flogging. Walking along you're on the look-out for suspicious thief-type behavior but seem to be constantly bombarded by the stall owners and helpers, random people who look like ordinary tourists seem to be under the employment of the stall-owners, paid to weed out tourists with money and to get them interested in goods and you're no different, the men getting in your face and asking if you wanted to try out the new GameBuy 3,000, the latest invention from Devon Corp., the newest and most secret gaming console for trainers only released here in Talas or a piece of the original wall first found by scientists in 1912. You go over to the stalls but at a glance you question the validity of these offers, many of the market items fakes or replicas of distance products, sold to unsuspecting trainers for a quick buck, knowing that they'll never see them again once they return home from their little trip out to the volatile desert.

    You persevere, however, asking each store member if they've seen a thief around these parts. Many shake their heads while others tell you sob-stories of thieves taking all of their items but once you're hooked and wanting to help them they move you over to their “new” stall and ask you to buy items from them to help them back on their feet, the over-exaggerated crying and sudden stoppage when you look at the items making you believe it was all just a ploy, discarding their stories and leave, the store-owners accepting that you wised up and let you go. Others tell you they have seen thieves in the area, but as you ask about Team Rocket they simply shake it off, indicating that it's often children of questionable morals who steal and item, but are often apprehended by the strict police force or by the stall owners themselves, looking across to see a powerful Houndoom guarding one particular person's stall and a Watchog another, the first's sense of smell and intimidating stature enough to reduce crime while the others keen eye ability and never-blinking always-on-guard meerkat seeing every detail.

    You sigh as you feel the thief getting further and further away, when suddenly you find a boy similar in age to yourself, who looks angry and annoyed. You ask him if he had seen a thief to which he nods,

    “Yeah I seen a thief. That old man sold me a Soul Dew so I could go visit The Southern Island and see one but when I bought it it turned out to be a Pokéball painted in the same colours and the Soul Dew. I asked for a refund and he said he wouldn't give me one because it was store policy.”

    Seems the young man has a problem. The longer you spend helping people the more time the thief has to gain on you, but this person seems upset at being miss-sold and item.

    What will you do?
    Tired and sweaty, Hallow manages to get to the market OK, with hope that someone somewhere could very well provide some clue as to where the theif that stole Sebastian's machine part might of gone. Hallow takes out his pokedex where he had jotted down his notes; the notes told of Sobek's market being defined into two different kinds of areas, one were Stall owners sold useless knick kancks, the other were Scientist sold the lastest equipment for inspiring Scientist wanting to break out in the world.

    Hallow put away his Pokedex and began to wander the aisles. He had hoped that having a natural, darker colored skin tone that traders wouldn't see him as another tourist, well it failed, having the traders look at him like another sucker to take his money away, jokes on them, he thought, I don't have much on me, with that thought he chuckled to himself and tired his luck with the scientist but not looking like much of a scientist either got him no where and was simply ignored, "Oh come on!,"

    Further down the line, he walked toward the Touristy stalls, "Like hungry money grubbing sharks...,"
    Eyeing anyone who could very well be the culprit in disguise but all he found where 'Tourist' that were paid by the shop keeps to try to sell him an item. Looking over the stalls nothing impressive caught his eye, just a bunch of junk, Adamantly now asking the Store Owners if they had noticed anyone who regularly passed by here. It was now that Hallow realized that he didn't have much to go on, even what the man looked like. Many just shook their heads while others told sob-stories of thieves taking all of their merchandise, only for them to try to sell him items so they could, as they said 'get back on their feet'; Hallow left dishearted, cold.

    Others just said it was usually 'street rats'; children with no morals that stole, and were often arrested by a strict police force or by the stall owners themselves. As he left it was now that Hallow noticed a powerful looking Houndoom with a clam demeanor guarding a particular stall and a Watchog with its Keen eyes looking after another.

    *sigh*
    He walked, his head looking down as if troubled at the thought of the theif getting further and further away.

    He looked up to find a young boy similar in age as himself who looked rather annoyed and pissed, Hallow asked him if he had seen a theif to which the young man responded with a nod, “Yeah I seen a thief. That old man sold me a Soul Dew so I could go visit The Southern Island and see one but when I bought it it turned out to be a Pokéball painted in the same colours and the Soul Dew. I asked for a refund and he said he wouldn't give me one because it was store policy.”

    Hallow thought for a moment for the right course of action, the longer he spent helping a stranger out, the more time the theif had to get further away, but if I put myself in this young man's shoes...,
    "Take me to the man that sold you this knock off."
    Last edited by Takeo; 15th November 2012 at 12:45 AM.

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: Getting over your anxiety about allowing Myrtle to take over the orders you watch as the battle goes a relative success, before allowing your Shuppet to take over the reigns once more. Grabbing a Pokéball out of your bag you grasp the red and white sphere tightly in your hands, appreciating the Absol enough to want to capture the dark-type, the glint in your eye equal to the glint coming off the Pokéball.

    Getting the battle started your small poison frog charges its fists full of fighting energy, its hands glowing white once more as it raises them to head height before slamming down with extreme quickness, the priority of the Cross Chop surprising the Absol as it takes the brunt of the attack with a wail; the attack doing very heavy damage in the circumstance, sending the Absol recoiling a few steps backwards to catch its breath.

    Feeling that the perfect time to launch another attack while the Absol was stunned you see Myrtle give another order as Croagunk nods its head, still waiting for the perfect time to throw the Pokéball. As you do, however, Croagunk Slaps the floor with its flattened fin, hoping to release some Mud from the floor into Absol's eyes but as it slaps the stone only dust explodes into the air like a mushroom cloud, the mud slap attack doing nothing when there's no mud about.

    With the battlefield being hard to see you wait for the dust to settle, Croagunk looking around at each direction, waiting for a flash of white before attacking with something else, but as you strain your eyes to look for the Absol, a crackle of thunder bolts through the smoke, hitting the small frog for some good damage, but luckily not paralyzing it.

    Feeling the recoil from such a hard shot Croagunk looks to get even, lowering its head before running at the Absol, intending to butt it into submission; its small black feet hitting the rock as it runs towards the target, but as it does Absol begins to run towards Croagunk too. Looking on as the two begin to pick up speed you see Croagunk head connect with Absol's Body Slam, the taller and twice as heavy dark type dealing much more damage out than the frog, but still feels the headbutt to the chest.

    Feeling that this is your best chance of catching the Pokémon you throw the red and white sphere at Absol, the Pokéball flying through the air at the unsuspecting quadrupedal who is more focused on battle. As the Pokéball nears its target, the Absol manages to see it out of the corner of its eye, a brisk snap of its neck muscles Cutting the Pokéball in half with its head-scythe as one red and one white segment hit the stone floor and bounce away. Snorting, the Absol looks to be more pissed off, lowering its Edged scythe in preparation for the next round. With Croagunk now knackered, it looks like conserving energy might be the call...

    What will you do?
    Keith watched anxiously as the Poke Ball he threw hurtled towards the Absol... only to be sliced clean in half by the Disaster Pokemon with a quick flick of its head scythe.

    "Well, so much for that," Myrtle stated as she glanced at Keith, only to be met by an odd look on her trainer's face; a grin was slowly creeping up his face, and his feelings of determination, far from being diminished from the failed capture attempt, seemed to be... intensifying?

    "What do you mean, 'so much for that'?" Keith asked Myrtle quietly. "You think that just one minor setback's gonna stop me?"

    "Meat Sack, what are you talk-ing a-bout-" began Myrtle.

    "I'm going to catch that Absol," Keith replied, fire in his eyes, brimming with more determination than Myrtle had ever sensed in him before. "You know something? I'd have been disappointed if that ball had worked."

    "Have you lost what lit-tle mind you had in the first place?" Myrtle demanded.

    "That's entirely possible," grinned Keith. "I swear it, Myrtle, that Absol will be coming with me! Obviously, not just yet, though, got to weaken it further."

    "It looks ra-ther pissed at you," Myrtle noted. "O-K, Mal-foy, use your-"

    "Not this time," Keith interrupted, holding up a hand.

    "Ex-cuse me?" demanded Myrtle. "You think you can do bet-ter than me?"

    "It's not a question of that," Keith replied. "Myrtle, you've done well so far, but if I'm to earn that Absol's respect, it's got to be me at the helm, calling the shots. Malfoy, use your Mud Bomb attack! Then, next time it hits you, strike back with Revenge, and follow up with Poison Sting!" As he said this, he reached into his bag and pulled out another Poke Ball.

    "Meat Sack, you can-not be se-ri-ous," Myrtle snapped.

    "I won't throw it just yet," Keith grinned. "I'll wait for the perfect opportunity. And even if it fails, I've got more."

    Myrtle said nothing more, and merely glanced at her trainer, sensing his overflowing determination, and silently wondering to herself whether he was a great trainer or a lunatic. Or both.


    OOC: Link to the Poke Ball- 10/10, last one of this bunch (#9 was used here).

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default Talas November Update #02

    Club Basement: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: With the battle going the way of you and Ivysaur you notice a change in your opponent's attitude, his face burning a bright red as you continue your facade on his character; questioning his methods, scientific value and even how far he can throw. As you said your last piece, however, he snapped.

    “Pokémon are nothing but slaves. They exist in this world to serve humans, a blight on the land. Science doesn't need them to advance and we shouldn't need them either” he spits, his vile hate-speech sending his Pokémon to hunch a little.

    A quick flick of the neck muscles to look around, the man turns to his right, grabbing a wooden chair before flinging it at your head, the powerful throw sending the chair flying across the room at some speed, forcing you to just dodge out of the way before it smashes against the wall behind you, throwing up an explosion of debris.

    “You want to be careful who you say can't throw Missy. I'm still stronger than you are and when Granbull's done kicking that Ivysaur's ass I'll show you just how strong I can be” he threatens as you ponder how smart it was to continue ripping into his character for this long.

    Ordering your Pokémon Ivysaur nods with approval, the Pokémon seemingly feeling enraged by the chair-throwing incident enough to get mad at the Granbull. Putting up a Screen of Light Ivysaur sits and waits for the Granbull's response; looking slightly smug behind the barrier. However, as the move was the grass-types first Granbull changes its approach, stomping on the ground before conjuring a large Rock, Sliding it in the direction of the Ivysaur as the super-effective attack smashes through the screen and deals some hardy damage.

    You bite your lip as you wonder if the grass-type can continue, looking as it stands back to its feet as your opponent grins a sadistic grin, flexing his hand into a ball at the sight of the Ivysaur's almost-failures. As you shout encouragement to the Ivysaur you see the Granbull's Fangs glow a very light blue the Ice coursing through its mouth as it runs towards Ivysaur intending to cause massive damage. At the last second, however, Ivysaur manages to shoot a Toxic in its face, causing the Granbull to stop the attack and focus on the poison slowly gathering in its blood stream.

    As it crazily wiped its eyes from the black goo, attempting to free its eyesight Ivysaur finishes with a Venoshock, the poison-type attack doing decent damage but no-where near as strong as it could be due to the Poison not fully affecting the Granbull yet. With the attack done, Granbull manages to clear its face from the majority of the poison, before its mouth glows red; taking a leaf out of its owners throwing ability for next round.

    What will you do?

    The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Takeo: Exasperating with frustration at your lack of progress and the realisation that you don't even know what the thief looks like you continue down the road of the market stall, ignoring that tat that the salesmen attempt to flog to you before coming across an annoyed looking trainer. Putting yourself in his shoes you agree to help him, telling him to show you to the stalls-men who sold him the faulty item.

    “Y-yes sir” he says with a stammer, his face that of a bewildered child as he contemplates the thought, previously thinking that nobody would actually help him out.

    Taking you further down the market he stops in front of an old rickety shop, one of the few stone buildings in the market worn by sand, wind and insatiable sun. Sweating a little he scratches the back of his neck before breathing a large sigh, gulping loudly before taking a few steps forward to the old wooden door, opening it slowly as it caught the welcome-bell, jingling to let the owner know customers had arrived.

    As you enter the store you notice how crowded it is, each corner of the room packed with antique junk from left to right, piled up as it clutters the space; an unopened rare treasure chest sits to your right covered in random paintings, tables, trinkets and lamp shades while you right has 'authentic' (or so the sign says) weaponry from the Pokémon war and before, blades and axes rusting away next to a suit of armour that had clearly seen better days. Pushing past all of these with little interest you move towards the counter, noticing the owner to be an old man; his large grey hair sticking out for the 'crazed scientist' look as he sports a similarly unkempt grey beard. Standing with his hands on the table he stares the boy who brought you here down, glancing at you for a second before huffing.

    “What do you want boy? I told you it's store policy. No refunds” he yells with a croak before looking at you once more “Who's this? Your brother come to beat me up or somethin'? He doesn't even have a Pokémon with him”

    He spits in a bucket beside him, the ching of chewing tabacco resonating in such a small room. Explaining your situation the man shakes his head, stroking his beard with his spindly fingers, flicking at the bottom to create an up-flick on his beard.

    “Yer I seen a thief. He said he took something from the Research Lab and were looking to sell it. I refused and he said he were leaving for somewhere and if I changed my mind to come a'calling. I know where he went boy” he announces, your heart skipping a beat at fresh information.

    “That information comes at a price though you see. This boy played a game and won a Soul Dew. When I gave it to him it were a Soul Dew and now he's trying to rip me off. Get rid of the boy and I'll tell you where your thief went see.” he continues, nodding towards the boy as he attempts to protest his innocence

    “I didn't. I wouldn't. I couldn't” he starts, stammering the first half of the sentence before the owner interrupts him again.

    “YOU DID AND YE KNOW IT” he shouts before returning to you “Now. Get rid of the boy and the informations yurs.”

    As you ponder on the decision you turn to look at the scared boy standing next to you, his eyes almost welling up with fear at being shouted at.

    “Unless...” the shop owner starts “Unless your a gamblin' man. I've got a game that your little friend here won last time. Bet me something worth my information on a game of skill and if you win I'll refund your friend and give you the information. Lose, however, and you both get the hell outa' my shop and I take your items”

    What will you do?

    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: With the Absol indulging in a show of power by cutting the Pokéball in half you find yourself more inclined to catch the catastrophe Pokémon; the impressive rare Pokémon's spirit causing you to ignore the setback and set up a new plan of capture, taking over the ordering from your Shuppet to show the Absol respect and to get it yourself. Despite the Shuppet's reservations you assure it that your determination will win through, showing the Absol that you are a worthy opponent and owner.

    Ordering another set of battle tactics Malfoy nods, the Pokémon seemingly grateful you're back in charge of the ordering as it pumps itself up for another round; the Absol still looking angry at the attempt to capture it as it glares at your Pokémon, the fighting type having edged the battle so far in exchange for a lot of its energy, the already-tired Pokémon panting with every breath. Absol stomps the grounds with anticipation as Croagunk croaks, showing its expanding poisonous yellow cheeks.

    As the battle begins Absol jumps into the air as Croagunk struggles to keep up with its movements, the erratic priority allowing it to move quicker than the poison-type. Glowing a white colour Absol begins its descent, the Double-Edge attack's trajectory maximising damage at the cost of its own safety as it slams down into your Croagunk, the small frog being crushed slightly under the weight of such a powerful beast as both Pokémon slide across the stone floor, sending up clouds of dust, the recoil of the attack from the Absol hurting it. With both Pokémon down, Croagunk returns to its feet at the same time as Absol, but the frogs known plan allowing it to attack before the precisous opponent, the resulting Mud Bomb projectile flying through the air as it hits the Absol, pushing it back further and into a stone pillar.

    As the attack finishes raining down you watch as the Absol collapses under the pain, the pillar the only thing keeping it standing upright. You watch on as the Absol looks to be finished, raising the Pokéball as to throw it but as you do, the Absol begins to twitch. Unbelievable it manages to stand up, on the last of its health as it stumbles a little, regaining its posture. With Croagunk waiting, Absol manages to fire off a Charge Beam, the electric attack hitting for decent damage but Croagunk remains upright, the Absol glowing as its special becomes higher. As it does, Croagunk glows a deep brown; the Revenge of the Muay Thai frog of fighting origin, the attack looking to deal severe fighting damage and end the battle once and for all.

    Powering up Absol stands with observant serenity, the perfectionist Pokémon not moving as the final attack looks incoming, its mane swaying slightly with every breath as it struggles to maintain its balance. Croagunk attempts to release its attack, but as it launches the glow fades. Stunned you see that Croagunk has run out of energy, the decisive blow coming from too many powerful and energy-stretching attacks. Although not knocked out, Croagunk attempts a lesser move, its palm glowing with poison energy as that too fizzles out into nothing.

    A sitting duck Croagunk turns back to Absol as the disaster Pokémon's scythe glows pink; its blade glowing with psychic power. With another deft flick of the neck the psychic blade flies across the battlefield, the Psycho Cut attack landing on the frog's body as it croaks in pain. With the pink glow faded Croagunk collapses on the ground, its eyes swirling as it's knocked out. As you recall it, Absol begins to walk back towards its hole; looking back over its shoulder at you with a steely look before disappearing back through the cat-flap like contraption.

    Zzaaaaap.

    Looking around you find yourself dissipated back to the beginning of The Sphinx. Looking around you notice that everything is changed slightly, like the original chamber is flipped. Behind you a massive door stands while ahead of you another plinth stands alone. Wondering what you're meant to do you suddenly collapse once more as the booming voice loudly begins speaking.

    “What trainer does not pay attention to its energy levels?” it asks. “You have much to learn before the secrets of The Sphinx. You may continue your adventure in this chamber or you may turn back. If you leave I will grant you a mystery prize, the standard prize for all who attempted The Sphinx's challenges but if continue the rewards you may prove yourself more worthy, but everything will be lesser.”

    As it finishes you find yourself in the middle of a conundrum; do you turn back or do you continue. Looking ahead the plinth reads;

    When I'm hungry a nut I can crack,
    I'm so fast I can beat you on the track,
    My tears have more power than Alakazam,
    4 hands 6 fingers way more than Nam Pham.


    What will you do?
    Last edited by Treepandaone; 15th November 2012 at 5:43 PM.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: With the Absol indulging in a show of power by cutting the Pokéball in half you find yourself more inclined to catch the catastrophe Pokémon; the impressive rare Pokémon's spirit causing you to ignore the setback and set up a new plan of capture, taking over the ordering from your Shuppet to show the Absol respect and to get it yourself. Despite the Shuppet's reservations you assure it that your determination will win through, showing the Absol that you are a worthy opponent and owner.

    Ordering another set of battle tactics Malfoy nods, the Pokémon seemingly grateful you're back in charge of the ordering as it pumps itself up for another round; the Absol still looking angry at the attempt to capture it as it glares at your Pokémon, the fighting type having edged the battle so far in exchange for a lot of its energy, the already-tired Pokémon panting with every breath. Absol stomps the grounds with anticipation as Croagunk croaks, showing its expanding poisonous yellow cheeks.

    As the battle begins Absol jumps into the air as Croagunk struggles to keep up with its movements, the erratic priority allowing it to move quicker than the poison-type. Glowing a white colour Absol begins its descent, the Double-Edge attack's trajectory maximising damage at the cost of its own safety as it slams down into your Croagunk, the small frog being crushed slightly under the weight of such a powerful beast as both Pokémon slide across the stone floor, sending up clouds of dust, the recoil of the attack from the Absol hurting it. With both Pokémon down, Croagunk returns to its feet at the same time as Absol, but the frogs known plan allowing it to attack before the precisous opponent, the resulting Mud Bomb projectile flying through the air as it hits the Absol, pushing it back further and into a stone pillar.

    As the attack finishes raining down you watch as the Absol collapses under the pain, the pillar the only thing keeping it standing upright. You watch on as the Absol looks to be finished, raising the Pokéball as to throw it but as you do, the Absol begins to twitch. Unbelievable it manages to stand up, on the last of its health as it stumbles a little, regaining its posture. With Croagunk waiting, Absol manages to fire off a Charge Beam, the electric attack hitting for decent damage but Croagunk remains upright, the Absol glowing as its special becomes higher. As it does, Croagunk glows a deep brown; the Revenge of the Muay Thai frog of fighting origin, the attack looking to deal severe fighting damage and end the battle once and for all.

    Powering up Absol stands with observant serenity, the perfectionist Pokémon not moving as the final attack looks incoming, its mane swaying slightly with every breath as it struggles to maintain its balance. Croagunk attempts to release its attack, but as it launches the glow fades. Stunned you see that Croagunk has run out of energy, the decisive blow coming from too many powerful and energy-stretching attacks. Although not knocked out, Croagunk attempts a lesser move, its palm glowing with poison energy as that too fizzles out into nothing.

    A sitting duck Croagunk turns back to Absol as the disaster Pokémon's scythe glows pink; its blade glowing with psychic power. With another deft flick of the neck the psychic blade flies across the battlefield, the Psycho Cut attack landing on the frog's body as it croaks in pain. With the pink glow faded Croagunk collapses on the ground, its eyes swirling as it's knocked out. As you recall it, Absol begins to walk back towards its hole; looking back over its shoulder at you with a steely look before disappearing back through the cat-flap like contraption.

    Zzaaaaap.

    Looking around you find yourself dissipated back to the beginning of The Sphinx. Looking around you notice that everything is changed slightly, like the original chamber is flipped. Behind you a massive door stands while ahead of you another plinth stands alone. Wondering what you're meant to do you suddenly collapse once more as the booming voice loudly begins speaking.

    “What trainer does not pay attention to its energy levels?” it asks. “You have much to learn before the secrets of The Sphinx. You may continue your adventure in this chamber or you may turn back. If you leave I will grant you a mystery prize, the standard prize for all who attempted The Sphinx's challenges but if continue the rewards you may prove yourself more worthy, but everything will be lesser.”

    As it finishes you find yourself in the middle of a conundrum; do you turn back or do you continue. Looking ahead the plinth reads;

    When I'm hungry a nut I can crack,
    I'm so fast I can beat you on the track,
    My tears have more power than Alakazam,
    4 hands 6 fingers way more than Nam Pham.


    What will you do?
    As the intense battle raged on, Keith looked more and more thrilled by the second. As Absol collapsed, Keith raised the Poke Ball.

    "This is it," he grinned. "Poke Ball, go-"

    "Ab-sol is get-ting up," interrupted Myrtle before the ball could even leave Keith's hand.

    Keith nodded, silently acknowledging this as Malfoy leapt forward, ready to unleash Revenge...

    ...and nothing. At the last second, the last of Malfoy's energy reserves gave out. Feebly he attempted some sort of lesser Poison-type move, only to find that he couldn't perform that, either. Then, before Keith could react, Absol dealt the finishing blow- a devastating Psycho Cut. Keith withdrew his Croagunk as Absol walked off, pausing only to give the Poison-type trainer a steely look before exiting the room.

    And then, quite suddenly, Keith and Myrtle found themselves back at the beginning of the Sphinx, only something seemed a little... off about it. Keith briefly wondered what to do- and then the booming voice sounded again, forcing him to collapse to the floor as it berated him for not paying attention to his Croagunk's energy levels. It then offered him a choice- he could either leave now with a mystery prize, or else continue on and prove himself worthy of the rewards, though said rewards would be lesser.

    "Nice go-ing, I-di-ot Meat Sack," Myrtle scowled as Keith climbed back to his feet. "You should have switched Po-ke-mon, or at least eased up on the at-tacks. Li-ly would have been a de-cent match for that thing, I think."

    "Lily's a Bug-type," Keith replied. "And that Absol knows Flamethrower."

    "Well, Mal-foy is a Fight-ing-type, and that Ab-sol knows Psy-cho Cut," Myrtle retorted. "You would have been at a dis-ad-van-tage a-ny way you sliced it. Let's get the [CENSORED] out of here al-rea-dy, that boo-ming voice is un-bear-a-ble-"

    "Hell no, Myrtle," Keith said, shaking his head. "We're trying again. I'm not taking this lying down. We are getting through this Sphinx!"

    "Have you lost what lit-tle mind you had, I-di-ot Meat Sack?" demanded Myrtle as Keith studied the plinth ahead of them. "I ad-mit you are de-cent at the rid-dles, but the bat-tles are just go-ing to be too much for you."

    "Ambipom," Keith replied.

    "Ar-ce-us, you are lo-sing it," Myrtle muttered.

    "No, no- that's the answer to the riddle," Keith said, pointing at the rhyming lines on the plinth. Myrtle swerved around to glance at the plinth and silently read the riddle.

    "Son of a Bar-boach," Myrtle muttered. "I think you might ac-tu-al-ly be right."

    "Hey," Keith said, suddenly struck with inspiration as he pulled out a Poke Ball. "I think I know who else would like to explore this place. Hermione, come on out!" he exclaimed. In a flash of light, a small Weedle materialized, landing on Keith's shoulder, and immediately glanced all around, awestruck by the ancient structure.

    "Weedle Weedle," Hermione said excitedly.

    "Knew you'd like this, Hermione," Keith smiled. "You never pass up a chance to learn something, do you?"

    Hermione, meanwhile, was studying the riddle before them. She then looked at Keith and jabbed her tail stinger towards his bag. Keith obligingly produced a small notebook and bottle of ink. Hermione dipped her tail stinger into the ink, and set to work, creating a crude drawing of an Ambipom.

    "Yeah, that's what I thought too," grinned Keith as he put away the ink and notebook. "OK, then, definitely locking in Ambipom as my answer to this riddle."
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 15th November 2012 at 10:55 PM.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 10 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    Club Basement: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: With the battle going the way of you and Ivysaur you notice a change in your opponent's attitude, his face burning a bright red as you continue your facade on his character; questioning his methods, scientific value and even how far he can throw. As you said your last piece, however, he snapped.

    “Pokémon are nothing but slaves. They exist in this world to serve humans, a blight on the land. Science doesn't need them to advance and we shouldn't need them either” he spits, his vile hate-speech sending his Pokémon to hunch a little.

    A quick flick of the neck muscles to look around, the man turns to his right, grabbing a wooden chair before flinging it at your head, the powerful throw sending the chair flying across the room at some speed, forcing you to just dodge out of the way before it smashes against the wall behind you, throwing up an explosion of debris.

    “You want to be careful who you say can't throw Missy. I'm still stronger than you are and when Granbull's done kicking that Ivysaur's ass I'll show you just how strong I can be” he threatens as you ponder how smart it was to continue ripping into his character for this long.

    Ordering your Pokémon Ivysaur nods with approval, the Pokémon seemingly feeling enraged by the chair-throwing incident enough to get mad at the Granbull. Putting up a Screen of Light Ivysaur sits and waits for the Granbull's response; looking slightly smug behind the barrier. However, as the move was the grass-types first Granbull changes its approach, stomping on the ground before conjuring a large Rock, Sliding it in the direction of the Ivysaur as the super-effective attack smashes through the screen and deals some hardy damage.

    You bite your lip as you wonder if the grass-type can continue, looking as it stands back to its feet as your opponent grins a sadistic grin, flexing his hand into a ball at the sight of the Ivysaur's almost-failures. As you shout encouragement to the Ivysaur you see the Granbull's Fangs glow a very light blue the Ice coursing through its mouth as it runs towards Ivysaur intending to cause massive damage. At the last second, however, Ivysaur manages to shoot a Toxic in its face, causing the Granbull to stop the attack and focus on the poison slowly gathering in its blood stream.

    As it crazily wiped its eyes from the black goo, attempting to free its eyesight Ivysaur finishes with a Venoshock, the poison-type attack doing decent damage but no-where near as strong as it could be due to the Poison not fully affecting the Granbull yet. With the attack done, Granbull manages to clear its face from the majority of the poison, before its mouth glows red; taking a leaf out of its owners throwing ability for next round.

    What will you do?


    Alice gasped, throwing herself out the way, heart pounding in her ears at the throwing of the chair. It was hard to recompose, especially with Ivysaur battling on the edge. It seemed capable of continuing, but she was so worried for him, and that possible flamethrower did not bode well.

    "Ivysaur, put some distance between the two of you and use Protect!" She ordered, hesitating for a second. She was wary of the fact his energy was probably waning, and that returning the distance between he and the opponent wasn't wise. She wanted him to rest, but if he fell asleep, they were finished. "Then use Growth!"

    She didn't agree with a word this lunatic spouted, and that much was obvious. And just as the scientist was taking matters into his own hands with that chair, Alice was wondering what she could do to help the Ivysaur, and whichever two Pokemon she had snared up in the floor flurry. There had to be something in this shady basement, surely. But what?

    ((Stats~))

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Takeo: Exasperating with frustration at your lack of progress and the realisation that you don't even know what the thief looks like you continue down the road of the market stall, ignoring that tat that the salesmen attempt to flog to you before coming across an annoyed looking trainer. Putting yourself in his shoes you agree to help him, telling him to show you to the stalls-men who sold him the faulty item.

    “Y-yes sir” he says with a stammer, his face that of a bewildered child as he contemplates the thought, previously thinking that nobody would actually help him out.

    Taking you further down the market he stops in front of an old rickety shop, one of the few stone buildings in the market worn by sand, wind and insatiable sun. Sweating a little he scratches the back of his neck before breathing a large sigh, gulping loudly before taking a few steps forward to the old wooden door, opening it slowly as it caught the welcome-bell, jingling to let the owner know customers had arrived.

    As you enter the store you notice how crowded it is, each corner of the room packed with antique junk from left to right, piled up as it clutters the space; an unopened rare treasure chest sits to your right covered in random paintings, tables, trinkets and lamp shades while you right has 'authentic' (or so the sign says) weaponry from the Pokémon war and before, blades and axes rusting away next to a suit of armour that had clearly seen better days. Pushing past all of these with little interest you move towards the counter, noticing the owner to be an old man; his large grey hair sticking out for the 'crazed scientist' look as he sports a similarly unkempt grey beard. Standing with his hands on the table he stares the boy who brought you here down, glancing at you for a second before huffing.

    “What do you want boy? I told you it's store policy. No refunds” he yells with a croak before looking at you once more “Who's this? Your brother come to beat me up or somethin'? He doesn't even have a Pokémon with him”

    He spits in a bucket beside him, the ching of chewing tabacco resonating in such a small room. Explaining your situation the man shakes his head, stroking his beard with his spindly fingers, flicking at the bottom to create an up-flick on his beard.

    “Yer I seen a thief. He said he took something from the Research Lab and were looking to sell it. I refused and he said he were leaving for somewhere and if I changed my mind to come a'calling. I know where he went boy” he announces, your heart skipping a beat at fresh information.

    “That information comes at a price though you see. This boy played a game and won a Soul Dew. When I gave it to him it were a Soul Dew and now he's trying to rip me off. Get rid of the boy and I'll tell you where your thief went see.” he continues, nodding towards the boy as he attempts to protest his innocence

    “I didn't. I wouldn't. I couldn't” he starts, stammering the first half of the sentence before the owner interrupts him again.

    “YOU DID AND YE KNOW IT” he shouts before returning to you “Now. Get rid of the boy and the informations yurs.”

    As you ponder on the decision you turn to look at the scared boy standing next to you, his eyes almost welling up with fear at being shouted at.

    “Unless...” the shop owner starts “Unless your a gamblin' man. I've got a game that your little friend here won last time. Bet me something worth my information on a game of skill and if you win I'll refund your friend and give you the information. Lose, however, and you both get the hell outa' my shop and I take your items”

    What will you do?

    “Y-yes sir” he says with a bit of hesitations, surely thinking that no one would even consider helping him in this city of thieves.

    The young trainer takes lead, taking the both of them farther down the market, stopping as they both come in front of an old rackety shop. Hallow noticing it was one of the few stone buildings in the market. The exterior was worn down, no doubt by the desert sand, harsh wind and intense sun. The younger trainer scratches the back of his sweaty neck before taking in a deep breath, gulping loudly before taking a few steps forward to the old wooden door, opening it slowly as it caught the bell over the door, tinkling as the young trainers stepped inside letting the owner of the shop know that customers had arrived.

    As they enter Hallow notes how crowded it was, each corner of the room packed with antique junk from left to right, a sign plastered next to a bunch of weaponry claiming them to be 'authentic' but Hallow was no fool. Having no interest in what was on display he moved towards the counter, noticing the owner to be an old man; his large sliver hair sticking out for the 'mad scientist' look, sporting a similar unkept grey bread. Standing with his hands on the table, he stares the boy who brought him here, the old man glancing at him before huffing,

    “What do you want boy? I told you it's store policy. No refunds” he yells with a croak before looking at Hallow once more, “Who's this? Your brother come to beat me up or somethin'? He doesn't even have a Pokémon with him”

    Hallow smirks at this comment,

    The old man spits in a bucket next him, the stench of chewing tabacoo resonating in the air, Hallow explains his situation the to old man who simply shakes his head, stroking his bread with his long, thin fingers,

    “Yer I seen a thief. He said he took something from the Research Lab and were looking to sell it. I refused and he said he were leaving for somewhere and if I changed my mind to come a'calling. I know where he went boy” he announces, Hallow's heart skipping a beat at the first lead he had gotten,

    "That information comes at a price though you see. This boy played a game and won a Soul Dew. When I gave it to him it were a Soul Dew and now he's trying to rip me off. Get rid of the boy and I'll tell you where your thief went see.” he continues, nodding towards the boy as he attempts to protest his innocence.

    “I didn't. I wouldn't. I couldn't” he starts, stuttering the first half of the sentence before the owner interrupts him again.

    “YOU DID AND YE KNOW IT” he shouts before returning to Hallow “Now. Get rid of the boy and the informations yurs.”

    Hallow looks at the scared boy standing next to him, his eyes almost at the breaking point of tears out of fear of being accused and yelled at,

    “Unless...” the shop owner starts “Unless your a gamblin' man. I've got a game that your little friend here won last time. Bet me something worth my information on a game of skill and if you win I'll refund your friend and give you the information. Lose, however, and you both get the hell outa' my shop and I take your items”

    Hallow sighs deepy, before taking off his pack, ravaging through to find the items he needs, pulling out a Shiny Stone, Thunder Stone, Luxury Ball & a Level Ball from his pack, and placing them on the counter,

    "These are worth much more then the junk your trying to sell here," he says sternly, "Whats the game?,"
    Last edited by Takeo; 24th November 2012 at 2:49 AM.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default Talas November Update #03

    With Takeo's unfortunate ban for 3 months I'd like to welcome OkkiMew to my group. House rules can be found here but I'm sure you're aware of most of them anyway.

    Takkupanda was nice enough to advise me on the direction he was taking the story but it was very much incomplete so while I am taking this adventure on I will stress that it has veered off onto my own path. Just be aware that if you were expecting something from before it's probably changed now. Also I don't know how many updates you were in so bear with me if it seems looooong at the start (though I am well known for it). Please reply in third person.

    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Missingno. Master: With the exhaustion of Croagunk still fresh in your mind you ignore your Shuppet's feelings and ante up once more, using the special continuation option the booming voice had given you. Walking over to lopsided room you spot a new puzzle, this time quickly working out the answer, withdrawing your Weedle, Hermoine, to be sure. With a confirmation drawing of the Long Tail Pokémon, you lock in your answer to the alter as the tomb once again hummed with activity.

    Like the first time you visited the room the altar platform begins to separate from the ground, hoisting you up to the noisy sound of metal chains clanging against the steel; the ancient mechanisms once again forced into action. Unlike last time, however, you stand confidently in the center awaiting the next challenge.

    As the platform finishes its descent, the floor clicks into place with a new level; this time very different from the last. You notice that this level is the same shape as the last one, but in much better condition. Gone are all the pillars that had fallen on the last and replaced with …. well nothing. The room is empty, aside from lots of giant vines hanging down from the large ceiling. Across the other side of the room you see a door and as you begin to walk towards it you hear a screeching noise that sends shivers down even your spine.

    Looking up through the masses of vines you notice a flash of purple. Staying perfectly still and attempting to spot the owner of the noise you can't see anything, the dense sea of green blocking your view. Moving forwards a step heralds another flash, this time closer as another deafening screech pierces the room. Looking back you see another square similar to the one you stood in while facing Absol. Taking the hint you slowly back up to the box, still cautiously looking up at whatever it was sending you the warning shots.

    As soon as both feet are in the battle box, however, your question is answered as an Aipom drops from the sky, thumping its chest before settling down for a battle.

    What will you do?

    The Sphinx: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    Meetan: Still shaking from the narrow dodge of the object just moments earlier, you begin to feel your heart pounding with anticipation as you see the Granbull's mouth burn a blood red, looking round the room for any objects to help the Ivysaur in battle. Giving your orders to the flower Pokémon you leave the battlezone for a few seconds, turning behind you to investigate some boxes for anything interesting.

    Ripping open the cardboard top you find yourself looking at a large box of counterfeit Plates. Though you don't know they're counterfeit at the start, searching through to find a Meadow Plate for Ivysaur makes you throw out a couple from the top, the red “Fire Plate” smashing into pieces beside you with minimal effort as you curse your luck, turning back to the battle.

    “Hey you! Those are the bosses things! Stop that!” the crook cries, his face burning red as he sees you destroy valuable assets with frivolous abandon.

    Though you had not cared for his opinion now you simply shrug it off with a wicked smile, taking even more pleasure by turning to the next box and tear off another top to find out what's inside. The battle distracts you for a few seconds as you feel the heat of the Flamethrower coming from Granbull, looking around with surprise to see Ivysaur taking the brunt of the damage. Shocked you return to its side as its confidence shrinks away further as it seemingly failed to produce the Protect by sheer unluckiness, the Granbull taking full advantage of the misfortune to deliver such a powerful blow.

    Running back to the pre-opened box this time you find yourself looking at large content of drugs, the value of which you have no idea but looking at the sheer mass you assume it to be a lot. Noticing the pattern of each box to be containing some sort of criminal activity you're even more shocked to find out just how many there are in the basement, the floor crawling with cardboard boxes worth surely billions of Pokédollars.

    A loud wail alerts your attention as you turn back to see Granbull hitting Ivysaur with a Lowkick, however what shocks you more is the crook on the other side sprint over and also give the Pokémon a kick. You rush back as he returns to his position, a sick grin portrayed on his face as he willingly acknowledges what he's done. With Ivysaur returning to its feet, the grass-type looks pissed off, but very weak.

    What will you do?

    The Moon Temple: – Please reply in Dark Orange

    OkkiMew: Confused to exactly what was going on you begin to follow the mysterious man through the lonely tunnel, a set of footsteps clacking in a transfixing rhythm as you stroll down the echoed hallway, the cold sending a shiver down your spine.

    Disturbed by the thoughts you had in your dream and the sights you had just seen you feel inquisitive, running up beside the trainer and ask him a few question. A few seconds tick by without a sound as you share a concerned look with Max, asking vaguely for any specifics that he could give you. Again no reply. Snorting with annoyance under your breath you begin to continue to walk, finding it difficult to walk in pace with his brisk step, tripping over yourself once as he continues without a break in his stride.

    Getting more frustrated at his rudeness you notice a large stone door ahead of you, marveling in its presence as it appears to be filled with drawing and artifacts once lost from civilisation. Each crevis holds a different thing; notable items including a hollowed out skull, shining green pebble-like diamonds and a decorative sword precariously placed above an archway way out of reach. Looking towards your new companion you begin to ask a few questions, this time hoping he would answer.

    None come as you turn round to him, an expressionless face on your mysterious saviour as he silently taps his foot to the ground. Asking him again, you notice that no answer comes, clenching your fists into a ball before finally losing it, shouting for him to answer your questions before putting a hand on his shoulder.

    You hand, however, falls through and you find yourself at an impasse of disbelief as you stare at his body massing around your hand. Withdrawing it super quick you stare at your hand then back to him, slowly moving your hand out to touch him once more as you see it go through him once more. Max jumps from your grasp as he attempts to nudge against the Umbreon, phasing through to the other side as he jumps backwards with alarm. You yourself move back a few steps you find yourself watching the trainer; his hand touching a smooth portion of the rock as he makes a crescent shape, then a full circular shape before plunging his hand into a hole, pulling a lever before disappearing.

    Looking behind you the back again you're shocked at the whole ordeal, wondering if the whole thing was a mirage or a dream, but a quick pinch assures you it's not; the old saying of pain being an indication of a non-lucid state ringing true. With no option to turn back and face the hellish creature the man “saved” you from, though you now question what the hell that actually was, you reason with Max that the only way is forward.

    Attempting to remember the man's actions, you too follow his instructions, making a crescent and full circle shape before reaching into the hole to your right, shifting your entire body as the rusted lever is far more difficult to move due to ageing, managing to click it out of place with a large grunt before a ton of spiders crawl out in a panic, causing you to jump back and shake your hand in disgust. As you do, however, the doors begins to crumble with life, its aching mechanisms working to full effect as the two sides split in the middle, a few rocks tumbling down from the sides of the tunnel. Watching in amazement as the doors open, you find yourself staring into a dark abyss; a single flame burning on your side while an unlit torch sits on the other in a pedestal. Taking kudos from the movies you take the unlit torch and set it against the fire, the top burning with an impressive brightness as you hold it into the darkness, penetrating a bit but not a massive ammount.

    Moving in you wander down the corridor, Max at high alert in case any enemies are ahead, though you do not suspect anyone to have been down here in a very long time looking at the condition. Moving through a narrow corridor you spot several beautiful drawings on the walls, showing the evolution of man. Some show several hunting wild Mamoswine for food and clothing while others show battles between man and Tauros. Others are more sombre, showing a wild Sabre Toothed Luxray standing over a human, his sadness expressed on the piece with simplistic brush strokes.

    Moving on you come to the end of the tunnel and to a dead end. Above a small hole appears in the cave roof, shining small cracks of moonlight down onto the floor. With no sign of Pokémon interference at all you wonder why no wild Pokémon had settled in such an opportunistic place, but ignore it as you see a large cave painting of what looks like two sides, each filled with drawings of people with sticks and animals point at each other, this painting having outlines of Pokémon you think you identify, including Aggron and Houndoom.

    As you move closer to see the detail of the work a light shines in from above, the moonlight finally aligned as a small circle of white light begins creeping up the painting. As it reaches the middle, you notice the faint outline of a hand, measuring yours up by eye and noticing it's a near match.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Treepandaone; 30th November 2012 at 3:14 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •