Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Lost Cities of Talas - The Archaeology Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    The Lost Cities of Talas

The Lost City of Sobek

Research Lab: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Electric Blue Eye: Talas' brutally renowned weather once more beats down on you the moment you step into its firey sun, the skin on your shoulders and neck feeling its burning sensation as you release another Pokémon into the fray – a Garchomp, the land-shark Pokémon. Popularity of such a Pokémon is divided in the community through its fame, brought about under the ownership of Sinnoh's Champion Cynthia. Yours is surely not nearly as powerful as hers, however, but it allows you speedier access through the deserts sands of Talas', burrowing beneath the soft dunes below, peeking only its back from the surface, allowing you to ride surf-style as it zooms through Sobek's usually impenetrable travels. Speed slows down, however, as you begin to reach the other layers of the marketplace; where the terra firma gives way to more solid undergrowth of rock, stone and grass. Hopping off Jaws' back the three of you quickly make your way to the outskirts of the marketplace, the heart and soul of the Sobek city-state, the trip itself being largely uneventful and unremarkable.

As you approach the marketplace, you see the remnants of the high-rises from one of the great cities of the Caiman empire, the dictator who ruled ancient Talas so many years ago but not before, as legend has it, being stopped by Farity and her army of righteous. You know, through extensive research of Talas' rich history or through a quick examination of the guidebook before your journey began (up to you!), that this area is perhaps the largest area in all of Talas – it's sprawling community is made up of a vast number of different races and is one of the more diverse cosmopolitan cities in the entire of Fizzy Bubbles since its discovery by western societies and its largely more extensive examination than any of the five cities of Talas. People wander the street freely here, many setting up and owning a multitude of shops of all different specialties, so many in fact that if you can think it, it will exist.

With two Pokémon flanking you at either side you make your way through the market's imposing gateway, large stone walls surround the market with two wooden doors that have been left wide open for a millennia, inviting you inside. The sun's ray's gleans off the broken windows of the now largely abandoned stone buildings and towers, dwarfing you in sheer size as the impressive construction spreads as far as your eyes can see. Caiman's empire may have fallen some time ago, but the market stands on the remnants of his greed and decadence, built on top of the ruins as a stamp for mankind's impeccable will to adapt. Sobek's discovery by scientists has brought little change, however, as their technologies are shunned save for a few leading to the area being made of stone, wood and other ancient building techniques. Venturing further into the central marketplace, you notice its citizens giving you a wide berth, keeping closely to their respective groups and if you listen closely enough you can hear their mumbling and grumblings;

“Ugh, another tourist”, “Probably get swallowed up by the borough's”, “Better watch his back”

As you continue down, deeper into the city through the maze of stone tunnels made by the buildings themselves you find yourself in the common marketplace. A little scouting ahead reveals five interesting shops of note.

The first is “Varius' emporium”, a small shop nestled into the stone between two larger buildings. Its store front is wide open, with no barriers nor windows on either side, instead the owner opting for a garage-esque approach to safety with a vertical pulley system for closing shop. Inside, a single man fettle's with mechanichal goods of all shapes and sizes, his bleach blonde hair shaggy and messed with oil and grease. A large pair of glasses sit atop the bridge of his nose, thick and round as he runs around the shop with hyperactive energy, retrieving spanners and hammers from well-organized racks before returning to the center to work on what looks to be a mechanical piece of equipment that you couldn't even come close to guessing its purpose. He seems oblivious to you, focusing more on his work, but enter his shop and mysterious objects of wonder are surely found hidden amongst the mountains of scrap metal.

The second shop, “Blackwood Arms” is a much larger shop than the second, situated a little further down the path but on the same side of the street. A short man with bulging muscles and impressive beard stands frowning behind the counter, his eyes darting from side to side in an inspection manor as a few patrons browse his wares. This shop is far more active than the last, and business seems to do well here, as if it was a market-version of the stereotypical PokéMart, with a specialty leaning towards objects of battle-heavy consideration. One man brushes past you as he leaves the shop, carrying an object you recognize as an Expert Belt. Peeking through the window you see a wall full of items, including a row of Assault Vests hanging from the wall. You interest, however, sparks the owner's gaze as he flits his eyes at you and stares you down, noticeably expecting a varying degree of trouble throughout the day of people who can't pay. Your luck would surely be tested should you try to steal from this man, as his alertness is on par with any you've ever seen before.

Further down the street still you come across another shop, “The Old Star Pharmacy”. It is of medium size and its owner is a tall, lanky-looking female with her arms folded behind her back. She smiles warmly at you as you pass, and her store is filled with all sorts of remedies, from ones you know and trust to ancient, if not questionable, treatments.

The fourth and fifth are right next to each other, “The Fuchsia Pawn Shop” and the aptly named “What Ales You”, the first being a stereotypical pawn store while the latter being a very obvious tavern. As one would expect, The Fuchsia Pawn Shop carries a varying degree of everything while the tavern serves alcohol. As noted by your previous research, such stores in the central market go by the higher end of the prevailing market rate. Shops at the back end of the market are usually a lot cheaper in price, but as the streets go further, so does the poverty line, and danger increases with every footstep you take. You can go down there, but every guidebook advises against it for anyone not of advanced level.

What will you do?
    Stats.

'Did you know...' The Reuniclus began to say as the group walked through the market place, 'that The Last City of Sobek is the most diverse city in all of Talas.'

"No Angelo." Ethan responded to his Psychic type, having said it in a low enough whisper to avoid drawing attention to himself, "I did not know that, how did you?"

'I invaided someone else’s mind.' The green blob giggled.

"What! You shouldn’t do that!"

'I’m just kidding, geez, did you forget what I told you earlier? I can’t do that but I do have ears you know.'

"Oh, so, you overheard them?"

'And it’s not the only thing he overheard either,' another voice said inside Ethan's head, that unlike Angelo's which was carefree and child like, was deep with a hint of maturity mixed in. This was his Garchomp's 'voice', 'It seems a couple of people we passed by were talking about us, it looks like tourists are easy prey for the nearby thugs that frequent the area.'

Anytime Angelo was out of his Pokeball the Psychic type could create a 'network' with his trainer’s other Pokemon, but only 3 could be connected at anytime, which meant only Angelo, his trainer and another Pokemon could use it at any given time without straining the Psychic type's mind too much.

"Just like in the Unova region, people would pick on the unsuspecting. Sigh. It's a shame, alot of places like these depend on tourists to keep them from going bankrupt. Hopefully we’re able to get what we need before running into some sort of trouble..."

Reaching the array of shops, as Ethan was making his decision on which shop to start with, he noticed the short muscular shopkeep was giving him an odd stare, with a clear frown that told the trainer that this guy was already wary of the his presence. Ethan smiled back nervously, recalling his antics as a young thief that never really cared then how his actions effected others.

These were hard working people doing an honest living, that probably had families to feed and roofs to maintain. And he just stole from them without much thought...

'Anything wrong Ethan?' The Reuniclus asked.

'Yea, you haven’t said anything in a while, whatcha thinking about?' His Grachomp interjected.

"Just thinking of all the trouble I caused with my selfishness."

'It’s justif-' the amoeba's words cut off as the young man just shook his head in a 'no'.

"It isn’t Angelo, there are others with a similar fates just like mine and they didn’t do what I did. They had better moral compasses then I, I suppose."

'It’s fine,' Garchomp said, 'You’re a trainer, that’s all that matters now. Look forward and continue to change.' The dragon grinned.

"You’re right of course, no point dwelling on the past..."

With Ethan dripping with sweat, and the hot sun rays starting to get on his nerve, remembering the bulk of what he needed the trainer decided to try out the ‘Varius’ emporium,’ coming to the conclusion that with so many machine parts and gadgets laying around, that there was a chance everything he needed might have been there.

Before stepping inside he returned his Pokemon inside their pokeballs thanking them for their companionship, Can’t be too careful, he figured as he made his way inside the shop, with the shopkeep paying more attention on his knick-knack then on him.

"Hey!" Ethan said, "I’m looking for a list of items and I figured maybe you could help- but before that, care to tell me what you might be working on?"

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 15th September 2015 at 6:56 AM.

I apologize profusely with how late these are, I'm actually ashamed it took me so long to write 3 measly updates. Adult life, who would want it? /excusesexcuses

The Lost Cities of Talas

The Isle of Talas

Laos River: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Thrain: Last Update Here

Atlas City

Port Pearl: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Kaisap112: Last Update Here

Emporium Hotel: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Marion Ette: Last Update Here

The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Meetan: Last Update Here

The Lost City of Sobek

Electric Blue Eye: Your journey through the folds of Talas' biggest city had not taken you far, but conversations with your newest of Pokémon had already provided its own rewards, as the two of you begin to weave the sweetest of bonds, your psychic-type a jovial yin to your gullible and morally compassed yang. The isles of Fizzy Bubbles have often been riddled as one of the strangest places in the Pokémon Universe but some of the brightest complexities of friendship seem to be forged in the fires of adventure in variety of places of visit in its vast continents. As you learn more about Reuniclus, and he does of you, your mind wanders to your hopes and expectations you had leading up to your arrival, did you ever expect to have such conversation? And with 2 Pokémon at the same time!

The idea of change, and how much a person can change, runs thought bubbles of doubt, hope, anxiousness and inspiration as you decide which shop to visit, the innocuous storefront of Varius' Emporium; the gadget and technology shop with the engaged shop-keep in the front of house. You pipe up to announce your presence, stating your business and your name.

The “sudden” interaction seems to startle the blond-haired tinker-er, who jumps and holds his fists in a fighting-stance with spanner at the ready as a improvised-club. He quickly regains his senses, however, and looks bashfully as he realizes you only want to barter

“Oh I'm so sorry”, his relatively posh voice, slightly more falsetto in its delivery than average, “I thought you were … well nevermind it doesn't matter who I thought you were. Ethan? Nice to meet you, I'm Arthur. Arthur J. Albrighton to be exact.”

He extends a grubby hand in your direction, calloused and dirty from hours of labour a day, before swiping it back to rub on his apron then returning it to its original position with very little difference in cleanliness.

“What am I working on? Well, this is the Move Itendifier™”, he announces, pronouncing the trademarked signed as “TM” after its name. Picking it up from its housing rack, he produces a large cannon-like gadget which he shoulders like a rocket launcher before pointing in the direction of Angelo, shooting tiny red laser which lights up the 5 inch-long square LCD screen on the other side.

“Reuniclus. Knows the moves Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Zen Headbutt, Drain Punch” he continues, rattling off all of Angelo's known moves before he reaches the end “aaaaand Hydro Pump, He pauses for a second before his face scrunches up “Awww man Reuniclus don't even learn Hydro Pump, damn machine”

He drops it back in its housing with ease, accompanied by a metallic slam, before hitting it with his spanner. He looks at you, then back at his machine, then back to you as you stand speechless at the events, mouth agape,

“I know it looks big but trust me once I sell this technology to Sliph Co. they'll give me a budget so big I'll refine it to fit on your PokéDex. Watch out tech world, Arthur J. Albrighton is a-coming and he's the next big thing!

….

Oh yeah your list. Well we sell all sorts of ju.... electronic supplies here, what're you looking for?”

What will you do?

Farity's Pond: – Please reply in Dark Orange

MarbleZone: The chaos of battle slowly cascades into a familiar sound as you release an imposing Steelix onto the battlefield; his gutteral cry almost shattering the sound barrier as the gold steel-plated Pokémon presented itself ready. Any thoughts of faith and farewells were far removed from your mind as you focused your attention on the foes in front of you as the battlefield expanded, to your left En-Ro and Uma-Hun releasing Pokémon already familiar to your vernacular, their imposing Wartortle and Clauncer respectively while to your right the Samurai counters with his Scyther. Type advantage and disadvantage litter the terrain, but your confidence in Oro shines through.

The cacophony of sound breaks with a mexican standoff, an eerie silence as each party begins to weigh the other before a flash of brilliant blue light, dark and regal in nature, explodes from he fire-types opposite. You reel backwards at the force, staggering a few steps as an impact forces your movement. As you recover, you notice pretty quickly that a translucent wall has seperated you and the Samurai from the others, who look dumbfoundly on. The box, now containing you inside with all three of your foes, hums with an energy you've never seen before in all your travels. Your tribal companions first try to move into the space, but are rebounded back some 5 feet with a harsh explosion, knocking them on their collective asses. Their next attempt, an attempt of force, similarly fails as neither Pokémon's moves appear to break the force-field.

“Caiman has recovered faster than I ever would have imagined” the Samurai shouts across, pointing to the prison you and he find yourself in with a hint of disdain, “and learnt some new tricks”

Turning your attention back to the battlefield, you are surprised by the quick movements of your opponents, your attention having been drawn to .. whatever that thing is giving the three-fire Pokémon enough time to startle Oro and Scyther, attacking in-unison with precise precision only a battle master could execute. These are certainly no wild Pokémon, and they are certainly no joke!

Both Slugma, having already made up the ground to get within reach of Steelix, unleashe a duel-stream of fire, the Flamethrower attack causing Oro to wail in pain. His response, however, is equally as swift as a Slide of Rocks explodes from the ground, connecting on the button, a critical hit as the Slugma are pelted with a handfull of sharp-looking rocks, sending large scorch-tinted stones scattering like pinballs into the force-field where the quickly disintegrate.

A second rumble of rocks and steel fills the air as Steelix prepares another move, conjuring an earth powered assault, the ground cracking and crumbling as the steel type concentrates, moving feet at at time of heavy undersoil with pulses of movement edging ever-closer to the fire foes entrapt in the arena. Soil and rocks explodes from beneath the two Sluga as it deals an extraordinary amount of damage, but amidst the chaos you quickly realize that flames of active magma spill out, the hole in which the attack-move made revealing an active river of lava beneath your feet! Osbidian remains caucus and explodes in a dazzling show of lights, but like Pheonixs rising from the ashes, the sense of heat powers up the two Slugma as they launch simaltanious Flamethrowers right back, causing Oro to roar in pain, the force of two charged super-effective flames sending his top half crashing to the mat with a solid thump.

Capitalising on Oro's predicament, the two Slugma quickly follow up by unleashing a Smokescreen of black cloud which fills the boxed prison even quicker, launching the entire battlefield into a near pitch black state and causing a number of chesty coughs to explode from your lungs as you begin to hack up all a nasty black saliva. Moments pass, then some more, before you see two red lights, one from the right and one from the left, begin to form

What will you do?

The Lost City of Lacuna

The Moon Temple: – Please reply in Dark Orange

OkikuMew: Last update here

The Lost City of Axal

Lampas Lake: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Missingno. Master: A saviour he may be, but your opposite number gives only more indignation as you begin to rattle off a series of questions. The trainer, now slowly padding away from you on said Rapidash, doesn't even bother to turn his head, nor raise his voice much, as he answers

“Listen kid, I 'aint got the answers your lookin' fur. Alls I know is that that lake” he announces, taking a pause to point to the same death-trap you literally just escaped from, “gets awful crazy at night. I dunno how, and I 'aint gambling my life away trying to find out why. I keep sending out radio messages to passers-by not to go down there after dark, but somehow the signal always gets mussed up someways or another and I have to fix it so people like you don't die.”

Your offer to help gets him to slow down, even just for the briefest of seconds, before Captain Obvious makes up his mind, finally turning back to face with with the biggest of grins on his face.

“Whatever kid, come along if you want, if you can handle ol' Tauros like that I could probably use you. Beside, my back 'aint gunna handle climbing up that tower forever, might b' nice to have a break once in a while, you know?”

Though he doesn't turn his head you can tell, somehow, that he's smiled, perhaps at the kind guesture of help, perhaps at his own joke, but you get the impression a smile is a pretty long way with this fellow

“You know” he starts, his voice changing to a touch little higher and tone much more mischievous, “the radio tower's not too far away, straight shot into town, right at the church and then straight on again. You want a race?”

What will you do?

OoC: If you accept the race release a ground-running Pokémon who could feasibly fit you on the back, and three moves for me to judge distance. Be as creative as you want, the better the move & combination is, the further you'll get but the more energy you'll expend.

I apologize profusely with how late these are, I'm actually ashamed it took me so long to write 3 measly updates. Adult life, who would want it? /excusesexcuses

The Lost Cities of Talas

The Lost City of Axal

Missingno. Master: A saviour he may be, but your opposite number gives only more indignation as you begin to rattle off a series of questions. The trainer, now slowly padding away from you on said Rapidash, doesn't even bother to turn his head, nor raise his voice much, as he answers

“Listen kid, I 'aint got the answers your lookin' fur. Alls I know is that that lake” he announces, taking a pause to point to the same death-trap you literally just escaped from, “gets awful crazy at night. I dunno how, and I 'aint gambling my life away trying to find out why. I keep sending out radio messages to passers-by not to go down there after dark, but somehow the signal always gets mussed up someways or another and I have to fix it so people like you don't die.”

Your offer to help gets him to slow down, even just for the briefest of seconds, before Captain Obvious makes up his mind, finally turning back to face with with the biggest of grins on his face.

“Whatever kid, come along if you want, if you can handle ol' Tauros like that I could probably use you. Beside, my back 'aint gunna handle climbing up that tower forever, might b' nice to have a break once in a while, you know?”

Though he doesn't turn his head you can tell, somehow, that he's smiled, perhaps at the kind guesture of help, perhaps at his own joke, but you get the impression a smile is a pretty long way with this fellow

“You know” he starts, his voice changing to a touch little higher and tone much more mischievous, “the radio tower's not too far away, straight shot into town, right at the church and then straight on again. You want a race?”

What will you do?

OoC: If you accept the race release a ground-running Pokémon who could feasibly fit you on the back, and three moves for me to judge distance. Be as creative as you want, the better the move & combination is, the further you'll get but the more energy you'll expend.
    OOC: No worries, better late than never. And real life always comes first, we all know this.

The man's response to Keith's various questions was short, irritated, and just maddeningly unhelpful. All he knew was that the lake got crazy at night, he didn't know why, and he wasn't exactly eager to find out why. He made it his duty to send radio messages to passersby, warning them against going to the lake after dark, but something always seemed to go screwy with the signal. Keith didn't bother mentioning that he hadn't been listening to the radio anyway- he didn't even have a Poké Gear, he had an Xtransceiver.

As Keith offered to help, the man slowed down ever so slightly, and finally made up his mind- he told Keith to come along if he wanted, that he might be useful if he was that good with the man's Tauros, and then joked about how his back wouldn't be able to handle climbing up the tower forever, and that it'd be nice to have a break. As he spoke, he didn't turn to look at Keith, but he could tell that the man had smiled. Whether it was at Keith's offer of help or at his own joke, Keith didn't know, but either way, he knew there was a smile going on there, and he got the feeling that a smile went a long way with this man.

And then, his tone of voice changed somewhat- a more mischievous tone. He voiced the idea of a race, and now it was Keith's turn to grin- back at the lake, he may not have had the presence of mind to call him out, but now that there was no imminent danger of death by giant electrified whirlpool, Keith's mind immediately turned to a Pokémon he had on him that would be absolutely perfect for the race.

"Heh, you're on," Keith grinned in response to the challenge. As he spoke, he had already plucked the Poké Ball off his belt, and was enlarging it to its full size as he spoke. Then, he tossed the ball into the air. "Let's ride, Salazar!" he exclaimed.

In a flash of light, there appeared before Keith a gigantic insect, its body lined with poisonous claws, its head tipped with a pair of horn-like antennae, and similarly-shaped tails on the other end. Unusually for a Scolipede, however, Salazar's body was a dark shade of grey, though his eyes were an ominous, blood-like shade of red. "SCOLIPEEEEEEDE!" Salazar exclaimed.

"Looks like Salazar's ready ta race," Meowth remarked.

"Damn straight," Keith smirked as he climbed onto the back of his Scolipede (Meowth now clinging to Keith's shoulder even tighter than before now, in anticipation of the race commencing). Skilled though he was at riding a Tauros, riding a Scolipede was a whole other swarm of Yanma- Keith had been at it for years, ever since Salazar had evolved from Whirlipede, starting long before Vernon had hatched, and going on long after Vernon was traded away. As far as land transportation went, Keith was of the opinion that a Scolipede was the only way to go. "OK, Salazar, ready to win this?" he asked.

"Scol! Scolipede!" the Megapede Pokémon replied, nodding eagerly. He was ready to go, all right, and he intended on helping Keith win this race! He'd show off the full extent of his Agility and run with every last ounce of Strength he had, and if Rapidash should pull ahead, he'd be right behind in hot Pursuit.

(Missingno. Master's Member Post)

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 6th October 2015 at 3:41 PM.

The Lost Cities of Talas

The Lost City of Sobek

Electric Blue Eye: Your journey through the folds of Talas' biggest city had not taken you far, but conversations with your newest of Pokémon had already provided its own rewards, as the two of you begin to weave the sweetest of bonds, your psychic-type a jovial yin to your gullible and morally compassed yang. The isles of Fizzy Bubbles have often been riddled as one of the strangest places in the Pokémon Universe but some of the brightest complexities of friendship seem to be forged in the fires of adventure in variety of places of visit in its vast continents. As you learn more about Reuniclus, and he does of you, your mind wanders to your hopes and expectations you had leading up to your arrival, did you ever expect to have such conversation? And with 2 Pokémon at the same time!

The idea of change, and how much a person can change, runs thought bubbles of doubt, hope, anxiousness and inspiration as you decide which shop to visit, the innocuous storefront of Varius' Emporium; the gadget and technology shop with the engaged shop-keep in the front of house. You pipe up to announce your presence, stating your business and your name.

The “sudden” interaction seems to startle the blond-haired tinker-er, who jumps and holds his fists in a fighting-stance with spanner at the ready as a improvised-club. He quickly regains his senses, however, and looks bashfully as he realizes you only want to barter

“Oh I'm so sorry”, his relatively posh voice, slightly more falsetto in its delivery than average, “I thought you were … well nevermind it doesn't matter who I thought you were. Ethan? Nice to meet you, I'm Arthur. Arthur J. Albrighton to be exact.”

He extends a grubby hand in your direction, calloused and dirty from hours of labour a day, before swiping it back to rub on his apron then returning it to its original position with very little difference in cleanliness.

“What am I working on? Well, this is the Move Itendifier™”, he announces, pronouncing the trademarked signed as “TM” after its name. Picking it up from its housing rack, he produces a large cannon-like gadget which he shoulders like a rocket launcher before pointing in the direction of Angelo, shooting tiny red laser which lights up the 5 inch-long square LCD screen on the other side.

“Reuniclus. Knows the moves Night Shade, Confuse Ray, Zen Headbutt, Drain Punch” he continues, rattling off all of Angelo's known moves before he reaches the end “aaaaand Hydro Pump, He pauses for a second before his face scrunches up “Awww man Reuniclus don't even learn Hydro Pump, damn machine”

He drops it back in its housing with ease, accompanied by a metallic slam, before hitting it with his spanner. He looks at you, then back at his machine, then back to you as you stand speechless at the events, mouth agape,

“I know it looks big but trust me once I sell this technology to Sliph Co. they'll give me a budget so big I'll refine it to fit on your PokéDex. Watch out tech world, Arthur J. Albrighton is a-coming and he's the next big thing!

….

Oh yeah your list. Well we sell all sorts of ju.... electronic supplies here, what're you looking for?”

What will you do?
    OoC: Yea, don't stress over it. Thanks for the updates!

Stats.

Was he just about to say junk? a sweat drop dripped from Ethan's face to his dusty shoes, Maybe coming here was a mistake... he began telling himself before reminding himself of the gadget on the table and the potential it displayed just then.

"Wooo!" Ethan exclaimed, "That machine was able to tell you all of that, with just a concentrated laser pointed at my Pokemon?! Science is so amazing!" the young man said practically speechless before, "Do you have any idea how that's going to revolutionize how battles are conducted? Or how helpful this will be when faced with a wild encounter?" Ethan said, soon realizing, "Wait, of course you know! You invented it!"

'Hey, Ethan?' Reuniclus' voice entered the young trainer's mind.

Yea buddy?

'This guy's crazy mad to have come up with a machine that could do that, with only a few spar parts...'

Imagine the possibilities if he had more of a budget? And, you know what they say- the crazier mind, the more brilliant the product.

"About the list..." The young man said, retrieving the piece of paper with words scribbled on it, from his pocket before handing it over to the shopkeep. "I'm short on cash- don't take that for code meaning: 'I'm gonna rob you!'" Ethan blatantly said, remembering Arthur's reaction when Ethan first introduced himself, "I'm just looking to save a buck or two, especially if you don't have everything I need."

Suddenly out of nowhere an idea popped inside Ethan's head, "If you'd like, maybe we could strike up a deal?" Sounding rather cheerfully, "We could make excellent lab subjects!" Grabbing his Psychic blob by the collar and bringing him close, "Do you have other gadgets you'd been meaning to try out but haven't, because you didn't have anyone to test them on? We could be those people!"

'What are you doing? You really trying hard to keep hold of that cash, huh?'

Maybe, Ethan retorted back, Or maybe, I'm working on a hunch.

'What kinda hunch?'

The way Arthur reacted earlier, it was as if he was expecting someone else- someone dangerous to show up.

'So? Wait...don't tell me, and you want to stick around to find out who?! Have you never heard of what happens to curious cats?'

Look. I just have a sneaking suspicion something bad might go down. I feel bad for the guy and it's not like we have anything else to do.

'That's true...' Reuniclus admitted.

So, are you with me?

'How's that old saying go?' Angelo said grumpily, 'All for one...'

And one for all!

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 13th October 2015 at 12:07 PM.

Farity's Pond:[/b][/i] – Please reply in Dark Orange

MarbleZone: The chaos of battle slowly cascades into a familiar sound as you release an imposing Steelix onto the battlefield; his gutteral cry almost shattering the sound barrier as the gold steel-plated Pokémon presented itself ready. Any thoughts of faith and farewells were far removed from your mind as you focused your attention on the foes in front of you as the battlefield expanded, to your left En-Ro and Uma-Hun releasing Pokémon already familiar to your vernacular, their imposing Wartortle and Clauncer respectively while to your right the Samurai counters with his Scyther. Type advantage and disadvantage litter the terrain, but your confidence in Oro shines through.

The cacophony of sound breaks with a mexican standoff, an eerie silence as each party begins to weigh the other before a flash of brilliant blue light, dark and regal in nature, explodes from he fire-types opposite. You reel backwards at the force, staggering a few steps as an impact forces your movement. As you recover, you notice pretty quickly that a translucent wall has seperated you and the Samurai from the others, who look dumbfoundly on. The box, now containing you inside with all three of your foes, hums with an energy you've never seen before in all your travels. Your tribal companions first try to move into the space, but are rebounded back some 5 feet with a harsh explosion, knocking them on their collective asses. Their next attempt, an attempt of force, similarly fails as neither Pokémon's moves appear to break the force-field.

“Caiman has recovered faster than I ever would have imagined” the Samurai shouts across, pointing to the prison you and he find yourself in with a hint of disdain, “and learnt some new tricks”

Turning your attention back to the battlefield, you are surprised by the quick movements of your opponents, your attention having been drawn to .. whatever that thing is giving the three-fire Pokémon enough time to startle Oro and Scyther, attacking in-unison with precise precision only a battle master could execute. These are certainly no wild Pokémon, and they are certainly no joke!

Both Slugma, having already made up the ground to get within reach of Steelix, unleashe a duel-stream of fire, the Flamethrower attack causing Oro to wail in pain. His response, however, is equally as swift as a Slide of Rocks explodes from the ground, connecting on the button, a critical hit as the Slugma are pelted with a handfull of sharp-looking rocks, sending large scorch-tinted stones scattering like pinballs into the force-field where the quickly disintegrate.

A second rumble of rocks and steel fills the air as Steelix prepares another move, conjuring an earth powered assault, the ground cracking and crumbling as the steel type concentrates, moving feet at at time of heavy undersoil with pulses of movement edging ever-closer to the fire foes entrapt in the arena. Soil and rocks explodes from beneath the two Sluga as it deals an extraordinary amount of damage, but amidst the chaos you quickly realize that flames of active magma spill out, the hole in which the attack-move made revealing an active river of lava beneath your feet! Osbidian remains caucus and explodes in a dazzling show of lights, but like Pheonixs rising from the ashes, the sense of heat powers up the two Slugma as they launch simaltanious Flamethrowers right back, causing Oro to roar in pain, the force of two charged super-effective flames sending his top half crashing to the mat with a solid thump.

Capitalising on Oro's predicament, the two Slugma quickly follow up by unleashing a Smokescreen of black cloud which fills the boxed prison even quicker, launching the entire battlefield into a near pitch black state and causing a number of chesty coughs to explode from your lungs as you begin to hack up all a nasty black saliva. Moments pass, then some more, before you see two red lights, one from the right and one from the left, begin to form

What will you do?
    He wasn’t prepared for this turn of events. Pokemon attacks yes, he knew them all by heart – being a League-certified referee, it was his obligation. But the magic at work here was different, and something he knew nothing about, let alone how to combat it. Indeed, both he and Oro were now trapped inside an ethereal chamber along with the Samurai, his Scyther and foes more capable than any wild creatures should be.

Because they’re not.

And that, more than anything else, had been his gross underestimation. And to make matters worse, it seemed that the ground beneath them, ravaged by Oro’s power, was actually a flowing river of molten fire! The ideal conditions powered up the enemies ahead, and with newfound vigor their fire attacks toppled the Shiny Steelix. Levin was certain the titan could rise again and keep fighting, but he’d have to put his pride aside for now – under the current circumstances, Oro wasn’t the right Pokemon to use, regardless of his incomparable strength. This called for another type of ally, now that he knew what his opponents could do. Besides, his own safety wasn’t all he had to worry about; Scyther was hardly a fitting match for the well-trained Slugma, no matter how battle-hardened the mantis was.

That man may be immortal, but none of us are. I can’t afford to make any more mistakes.

He could hardly control his coughing, even after wrapping his trusty Silk Scarf around his mouth. Even through the darkness, he could see twin red lights glowing ever brighter, likely signaling the arrival of another joint attack. Oro growled in defiance; he was every bit as proud and stubborn as Levin himself, if not more so – it’d take the serpent a long time to get over his Trainer’s decision, but Levin would worry about it later. The Steelix had done an impeccable job, even landing a critical hit, but it fell on someone else to finish the job and get them out of this predicament.

Mazo stepped forward, but Levin once again asked him to stand down.

- Your power is unrivaled in my entire team. You’re the ace I can’t play yet!

May I offer my services milord?

My thoughts exactly.

With a knowing grin, he recalled Oro and hurled a second Pokeball in the air; the device snapped open and from it emerged a floating blue ghost, Loffley the Frillish.

It’s their red flames against my blue shield. His entire body is made of pure water; they’ll soon find out the horror it implies.

- Loffley, clear the air and disrupt the Slugma with your Ominous Wind, then rain down a Bubblebeam on them all! And anyone who fights back…

A Brine apiece, certainly?

- Go get’em.

As Loffley bowed respectfully and assumed his battle position, the blonde Trainer turned to the Samurai. Battling Pokemon was Levin’s thing; dealing with arcane magic, not so much. Hopefully the immortal would have answers.

- This barrier. If we don’t break it, Caiman breaks us. How do we pass through? Humans and Pokemon attacks do nothing against it!

Asking other people for help made his stomach turn. But sometimes, survival spoke louder; this was one such case.

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 6th October 2015 at 3:45 PM.

The Lost Cities of Talas

The Isle of Talas

Laos River: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Thrain: Last Update Here

Atlas City

Port Pearl: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Kaisap112: Last Update Here

Emporium Hotel: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Marion Ette: Last Update Here

The Market: – Please reply in Dark Orange

Meetan: Last Update Here

The Lost City of Sobek

Electric Blue Eye: Enthusing the young entrepreneur’s technological skill only serves to make the young man blush, as you conduct a psychic talk with your Pokémon beside you, an interesting tactic for negotiating if intended but your genuine passion for science shines through, furthering the tech-wizard's deep-seated friendliness towards the two of you. Your hunch, that something bad might happen, causes you to offer yourself as a test subject for any and all inventions he might posses, a noble idea for sure, but how wise that decision might be tested later on.

All for one and one for all you and Angelo jump wholeheartedly into the process of being lab rats, to which the scientist is appreciative of as he grabs your hands and sits you down on rather uncomfortable metal chairs, the only ones in his warehouse mind, but every 10 minutes or so you have to shift and squirm your body to make sure your bum and legs don't fall asleep. Still, the testing goes by rather uneventfully. A few machines here or there are proded at your skin unintentionally, some too heavy for the small-framed adult to fully wield with accuracy, many fail altogether … but a couple work. And work do they ever.

His second success pits an adaptation to the familiar Go-Goggles, to which your own pair comes equally in handy, to replace the hard plastic-etched outsides with LCD screens which link up with a camera placed on the midriff of your Pokémon, allowing a POV-style view as Reuniclus floats around, handy for a difficult to see angles of a Pokémon battle. The other, and only other, attach to your Pokéball. The invention, a delightful mixture/spin-off of the classic New Year Ball and Capsule Ball technology, allows the user to throw a Pokéball at a target and, as the wobble of capture happens, gives a heads-up display of how far along the capture is, moving a percentage dial from 0% to 100%, letting you know just how close you were to catching said Pokémon. With no catchable Pokémon around, however, and the only known ones already in your possession you're forced to waste some of your own stock, and his design, practising on a PokéDoll, to which no real field-test accuracy is required since the PokéDoll is automatically captured (lose 2 regular Pokéballs).

A few hours go by of being a Guinea Pig and your hunch has still not come true. Not another soul walks into the shop despite the busy parading of people outside, although you couldn't say you noticed with all the fun you were having … despite the uncomfortable furniture. With the end of testing complete, and sweat pouring from both you and Arthur, you begin to bid adieu. Before you leave, however, he roots around in a large metal (obviously) crate filled to the brim with strange parts you don't recognise, his feet off the ground as he dives into the carnage head-first like an apple-bobber at Halloween, returning with two items in his hand.

“These are the only two items I can help you with, and I don't know if the latter will work” he exclaims in his usually-happy tone. He grabs your hand with his, shaking it profusely for all the help you've been before thrusting a Cell Battery and Ice Heal in your direction.

Two items down, you leave the shop's open entrance to find yourself back under Talas' unforgiving sun and back in the Market City Centre (see here for details)

What will you do?

Note: 2/6 Pokémon declared (Reuniclus, Garchomp)

MarbleZone: The old idiom of pride comes before a fall comes to mind as you witness Oro's fragile steel-plated body clatter to the ground in a roar of pain before the cloud of smog fills your lungs. Not even your silk scarf gives much resistant to a dual-targeted smokescreen, but the burning embers either side of your fallen comrade give you time to rethink your strategy. Foolhardiness was no match for trained killers, lest trained killers in their element of fire with a superior type advantage! No, this called for another. The red light of indignation swallowed Oro with a moment of sadness, a small failure perhaps, but it could be conceived your ego was as damaged as Steelix. Its replacement however, the brilliant bright lights revealing a new Pokémon to the battlefield, a Frillish to be exact. It's introduction could too be a metaphor, where once foolishness and underestimation had been evolution and preparedness remain as the Water/Ghost-type shares an offering of advice to which you had already thought of.

The twin-flamethrowers, on the other hand, do give Loffley a rude awakening despite the switching of table, even with a type advantage to fire the newly-exerted Pokémon certain felt the full-forced brunt of the attacks. An Ominous Wind counter had come too late given the time it took to switch Pokémon in battle, but the attack still manages to find its mark; the gust of purple and black wind briefly alleviating you from the cancerous haze of soot as the primordial staple of the ghost move-pool manages to hit both Slugma, but no stats seemed to have been raised on your side.

These Slugma are no slouches in their own right, and quickly realize the switching of Pokémon equals a switching of tactics. No wild Pokémon indeed, Dr. Watson. The fire-slugs retaliate too, with both Pokémon sounding a Round attack as they drift further and further apart, getting ever-closer to surrounding you on both sides. The sound-wave attack bounces off the magical walls, creating a mighty echo that builds quicker than your average round, and used by two Pokémon at once insult your eardrums. First eyes, mouth and now ears?! Whatever next. Fully expecting to see your Frillish unaffected by such attacks, being of the normal-type descendancy, you're expectantly shocked to see the attack hit the Pokémon and cause damage. You suspect another of Caiman's dirty tricks, and another show of how powerful the once-mighty emperor still is … if you believe it's him controlling these Slugma that is.

Loffley's answer was equally as majestic as the Pokémon itself, however, as he begun to spin in a circle, shooting a cascade of Bubbles from its mouth as the attack Beamed towards the two fire-types, hitting both for good damage. Their cries, and echoed voices, stop as suddenly as they begun as your foes face the super-effective type damage of a water attack against their ravishingly hot bodies, their lack of shell to protect them yet, like their evolved forms, giving them no place to hide. Or is there?

A Rock Slide attack of fiery brimestone begins to pierce it's way through the air, stopped only by the oncoming force of a Brine attack as both Frillish and one of the Slugma trade blows, a few sharp edges catching Loffley while the Slugma takes another beating of water to the sternum. As your attention shifts away from one, you cannot manage to find the other.

“The lava. I just saw the other Acid Armour into the lava” the Samurai shouts from across the way, “watch out for it next round or it'll drag your Pokémon down there with it!”

A spirit Loffley may be, but its non-ethernal form gives creedance to believe such heat-induced trauma cold prove more than deadly to your servitude companion. You, surely thankful for the advice, ask for some more. Though painful as it may be, the arcane realm was not your strongsuit, as you inquire about getting out of the prison you find yourself trapped in. The Samurai's response, however, does you no good

“I don't know, like I said this is all new to me. I've never seen anything like this before” he returns

The ground shifts as you catch your balance, another disturbance from the lava-filled battlefield tilting and shifting, the ruckus caused almost topping you to your knees. You survive for now, and your eyes get a glimpse of the Samurai's battle with the Magmar. Scyther takes a hefty Slash with razor-sharp blades, only to have a Fire Punch returned in its direction … which disintegrates the Mantis Pokémon? It is, in fact, an illusion as Scyther darts across the rear dealing another blow, this time in the form of an X-Scissor.

A Scyther with Shed Skin? Extraordinary!

What will you do?

Note: 3/6 Pokémon declared (Lucario, Steelix, Frillish)

The Lost City of Lacuna

The Moon Temple: – Please reply in Dark Orange

OkikuMew: Last update here

The Lost City of Axal

Missingno. Master: The stranger awaits the arrival of your Pokémon with great interest as you toss the spherical device into the air with aplomb, even noting your racing opposition's craned neck as he attempts to decipher the Pokémon shape as the brilliant white light explodes to reveal your chosen carier, the fully grown Magepede Pokémon letting out a cry of intent from the jump. The stranger's face changes immediately, from curious to enthusiasm, as you begin to mount the poison-type.

“Never raced against one of those before” he announces, both eyebrows raised as he begins to suss out Salazar's strengths. A keen eye is seemingly preferred over a PokéDex as Rapidash cicrles the two of you, giving the stranger a perfect opportunity to give Scolipede a once over.

Ever eager to please, Salazar stands tall as his foes circle him, drawing deep breaths and snorting competative intentions. The stranger's grin widens, covering his entire face, as he lines up Rapidash alongside you, allowing you enough time to get yourself comfortable on the back of your mighty steed. Salazar and Rapidash lock eyes, causing a cascade of grunts, neighs and Pokémon calls. The fire-horse Pokémon pads its foot as your opposition begins the countdown

three ….. two …. one ….. GO!

Rapidash sets off like a bolt of lightning, its pure-bred feet galloping like the wind as it cannons off the soft ground beneath it; quicker than you've ever seen a land-faring vehicle travel. This is one pony whose been bred to run, and loves it too! Salazar's response, an earth shattering Agility kicks into motion, each footstep careening off the same mud Rapidash had left in your wake, quickly catching up to the equine Pokémon before slightly overtaking it, the neck-and-neck battle going to and fro, 1st to 2nd, each leading by a hair. You notice Rapidash's feet equally as powerful as Salazar's, suggesting it too managed to complete an Agility of its own before yours but Salazar's dedication has managed to keep it in the race. For now.

Your second order kicks you into a higher gear, the Strength of your Pokémon's feet kicking twice as hard as the mud turns to stone, the sound of a thousand legs creating a wave of music. Ba-bump-ba-bump-ba-bump. Exponentially getting louder. Stronger. Faster. Rapidash counters with a Quick Attack as its speed reaches top acceleration, its hooves barely touching the ground as it nearly hovers across the canvas below. Blinding speeds of 150 mph becomes easily reached by both parties as the church comes into view. Neither side back off as you hold on for dear life, Meowth tugging on your shirt collar as the G force begins to pile up. The corner approaches, at without slowing neither side can make the turn without gravity sling-shoting the riders into the upper atmosphere.

Salazar slows ever slightly, succumbing to the Pokémon version of chicken, but Rapidash continues its rapid ascent. In an instant, however, it's gone. Your head scrambles around to find it. Not left. Not right. Nor straight ahead. A loud caucus laughter draws your attention to the sky to a sight you never thought you'd see; a flaming horse Bounces, no flying through the air above the churches' gated fence.

“This is falling. Falling with style!” the stranger shouts

Salazar's slowed movements has you round the corner just in time to see the Rapidash land, its sticks the landing with a little jolt to its hind right leg, slows the movement of the fire horse considerably. Salazar begins to catch up, using a Pursuit technique which brings it inches from the horses' rear as the man turns his head, hair mangled from the wind-speed generated

“Bloody good race lad. Bloody good”

The finish line careens down straight ahead, the final stretch of the race.

What will you do?

Note: 2/6 Pokémon declared (Meowth, Scolipede)

The Lost Cities of Talas

The Lost City of Axal

Missingno. Master: The stranger awaits the arrival of your Pokémon with great interest as you toss the spherical device into the air with aplomb, even noting your racing opposition's craned neck as he attempts to decipher the Pokémon shape as the brilliant white light explodes to reveal your chosen carier, the fully grown Magepede Pokémon letting out a cry of intent from the jump. The stranger's face changes immediately, from curious to enthusiasm, as you begin to mount the poison-type.

“Never raced against one of those before” he announces, both eyebrows raised as he begins to suss out Salazar's strengths. A keen eye is seemingly preferred over a PokéDex as Rapidash cicrles the two of you, giving the stranger a perfect opportunity to give Scolipede a once over.

Ever eager to please, Salazar stands tall as his foes circle him, drawing deep breaths and snorting competative intentions. The stranger's grin widens, covering his entire face, as he lines up Rapidash alongside you, allowing you enough time to get yourself comfortable on the back of your mighty steed. Salazar and Rapidash lock eyes, causing a cascade of grunts, neighs and Pokémon calls. The fire-horse Pokémon pads its foot as your opposition begins the countdown

three ….. two …. one ….. GO!

Rapidash sets off like a bolt of lightning, its pure-bred feet galloping like the wind as it cannons off the soft ground beneath it; quicker than you've ever seen a land-faring vehicle travel. This is one pony whose been bred to run, and loves it too! Salazar's response, an earth shattering Agility kicks into motion, each footstep careening off the same mud Rapidash had left in your wake, quickly catching up to the equine Pokémon before slightly overtaking it, the neck-and-neck battle going to and fro, 1st to 2nd, each leading by a hair. You notice Rapidash's feet equally as powerful as Salazar's, suggesting it too managed to complete an Agility of its own before yours but Salazar's dedication has managed to keep it in the race. For now.

Your second order kicks you into a higher gear, the Strength of your Pokémon's feet kicking twice as hard as the mud turns to stone, the sound of a thousand legs creating a wave of music. Ba-bump-ba-bump-ba-bump. Exponentially getting louder. Stronger. Faster. Rapidash counters with a Quick Attack as its speed reaches top acceleration, its hooves barely touching the ground as it nearly hovers across the canvas below. Blinding speeds of 150 mph becomes easily reached by both parties as the church comes into view. Neither side back off as you hold on for dear life, Meowth tugging on your shirt collar as the G force begins to pile up. The corner approaches, at without slowing neither side can make the turn without gravity sling-shoting the riders into the upper atmosphere.

Salazar slows ever slightly, succumbing to the Pokémon version of chicken, but Rapidash continues its rapid ascent. In an instant, however, it's gone. Your head scrambles around to find it. Not left. Not right. Nor straight ahead. A loud caucus laughter draws your attention to the sky to a sight you never thought you'd see; a flaming horse Bounces, no flying through the air above the churches' gated fence.

“This is falling. Falling with style!” the stranger shouts

Salazar's slowed movements has you round the corner just in time to see the Rapidash land, its sticks the landing with a little jolt to its hind right leg, slows the movement of the fire horse considerably. Salazar begins to catch up, using a Pursuit technique which brings it inches from the horses' rear as the man turns his head, hair mangled from the wind-speed generated

“Bloody good race lad. Bloody good”

The finish line careens down straight ahead, the final stretch of the race.

What will you do?

Note: 2/6 Pokémon declared (Meowth, Scolipede)
    The man's excitement was obvious as he laid eyes on Salazar. Rapidash walked in a circle around the Bug/Poison-type, allowing the rider to size up Keith's trusty steed. He stated that he'd never raced against a Scolipede before, but from the sound of things, he was pretty damn excited about getting the chance to do so. And as Keith climbed onto Salazar's back, he had to admit, he was pretty excited himself. Ever since the Fizzytopia Derby had first been announced, Salazar became quite interested in racing, which accounted for him taking it quite personally when it was revealed that only the Ponyta and Blitzle lines would be eligible for the race. Of course, it all ended up being moot in the end- the Fizzytopia Derby was put on hiatus following the mysterious disappearance of Stark, the member of Fizzytopia's Elite 4 who was in charge of the Derby. He hadn't been seen or heard from in over five months now, and between that and the previous disappearance of Will, another member of Fizzytopia's Elite 4, Keith couldn't help but worry. But now was not the time to dwell on that, he realized- now was the time to focus on the race ahead of him and his Scolipede!

Three... Two... One... GO!

And they were off! Rapidash bolted off almost immediately, clearly born for just this kind of thing, but Salazar, thanks to his Agility, was able to catch up with ease, even beginning to overtake it. They were neck and neck, with Rapidash's hooves moving just as quickly as Salazar's feet- Keith realized that Rapidash must have used Agility as well. Then, as the muddy terrain gave way to solid rock, Salazar's Strength kicked in, its steps taking it farther. In response, Rapidash went into a Quick Attack. If it hadn't yet reached its top speed, Keith thought to himself, it had to be close to it. And then, the turn came into view. Keith knew that if Salazar took the turn without slowing down, he'd be thrown clean off and over the horizon faster than you can say "we're blasting off again!".

Thankfully, Salazar seemed to know that just as well. The Scolipede slowed down just a little as he took the turn, allowing Keith and Meowth to keep ahold of him. However, Rapidash was nowhere to be seen! "What the-" Keith murmured, looking all around. It wasn't to their left, nor to their right, nor ahead of them... And then, a loud laugh could be heard from above them. Keith looked up, and his jaw dropped- Rapidash was flying through the air, descending as it soared above the fence, courtesy of a Bounce attack. And the rider seemed to be having the time of his life, too. He exclaimed that they were "falling with style" just before they landed. Keith, still grinning at the Toy Story reference, urged Salazar to catch up, for they had landed ahead of the Bug/Poison-type. In response, Salazar took off in hot Pursuit of Rapidash. The Fire-type, however, seemed to have landed wrong somehow- it hadn't stopped, but its movement was rather slowed. This, Keith realized, was his chance. The finish line was just ahead, it was one long, straight run. Salazar didn't have to slow down anymore, and both he and Keith knew it.

"Do it, Salazar!" Keith encouraged his Scolipede. "Use all the Agility you've got, and let's win this!"

(Missingno. Master's Member Post)

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 1st November 2015 at 1:10 PM.

MarbleZone: The old idiom of pride comes before a fall comes to mind as you witness Oro's fragile steel-plated body clatter to the ground in a roar of pain before the cloud of smog fills your lungs. Not even your silk scarf gives much resistant to a dual-targeted smokescreen, but the burning embers either side of your fallen comrade give you time to rethink your strategy. Foolhardiness was no match for trained killers, lest trained killers in their element of fire with a superior type advantage! No, this called for another. The red light of indignation swallowed Oro with a moment of sadness, a small failure perhaps, but it could be conceived your ego was as damaged as Steelix. Its replacement however, the brilliant bright lights revealing a new Pokémon to the battlefield, a Frillish to be exact. It's introduction could too be a metaphor, where once foolishness and underestimation had been evolution and preparedness remain as the Water/Ghost-type shares an offering of advice to which you had already thought of.

The twin-flamethrowers, on the other hand, do give Loffley a rude awakening despite the switching of table, even with a type advantage to fire the newly-exerted Pokémon certain felt the full-forced brunt of the attacks. An Ominous Wind counter had come too late given the time it took to switch Pokémon in battle, but the attack still manages to find its mark; the gust of purple and black wind briefly alleviating you from the cancerous haze of soot as the primordial staple of the ghost move-pool manages to hit both Slugma, but no stats seemed to have been raised on your side.

These Slugma are no slouches in their own right, and quickly realize the switching of Pokémon equals a switching of tactics. No wild Pokémon indeed, Dr. Watson. The fire-slugs retaliate too, with both Pokémon sounding a Round attack as they drift further and further apart, getting ever-closer to surrounding you on both sides. The sound-wave attack bounces off the magical walls, creating a mighty echo that builds quicker than your average round, and used by two Pokémon at once insult your eardrums. First eyes, mouth and now ears?! Whatever next. Fully expecting to see your Frillish unaffected by such attacks, being of the normal-type descendancy, you're expectantly shocked to see the attack hit the Pokémon and cause damage. You suspect another of Caiman's dirty tricks, and another show of how powerful the once-mighty emperor still is … if you believe it's him controlling these Slugma that is.

Loffley's answer was equally as majestic as the Pokémon itself, however, as he begun to spin in a circle, shooting a cascade of Bubbles from its mouth as the attack Beamed towards the two fire-types, hitting both for good damage. Their cries, and echoed voices, stop as suddenly as they begun as your foes face the super-effective type damage of a water attack against their ravishingly hot bodies, their lack of shell to protect them yet, like their evolved forms, giving them no place to hide. Or is there?

A Rock Slide attack of fiery brimestone begins to pierce it's way through the air, stopped only by the oncoming force of a Brine attack as both Frillish and one of the Slugma trade blows, a few sharp edges catching Loffley while the Slugma takes another beating of water to the sternum. As your attention shifts away from one, you cannot manage to find the other.

“The lava. I just saw the other Acid Armour into the lava” the Samurai shouts from across the way, “watch out for it next round or it'll drag your Pokémon down there with it!”

A spirit Loffley may be, but its non-ethernal form gives creedance to believe such heat-induced trauma cold prove more than deadly to your servitude companion. You, surely thankful for the advice, ask for some more. Though painful as it may be, the arcane realm was not your strongsuit, as you inquire about getting out of the prison you find yourself trapped in. The Samurai's response, however, does you no good

“I don't know, like I said this is all new to me. I've never seen anything like this before” he returns

The ground shifts as you catch your balance, another disturbance from the lava-filled battlefield tilting and shifting, the ruckus caused almost topping you to your knees. You survive for now, and your eyes get a glimpse of the Samurai's battle with the Magmar. Scyther takes a hefty Slash with razor-sharp blades, only to have a Fire Punch returned in its direction … which disintegrates the Mantis Pokémon? It is, in fact, an illusion as Scyther darts across the rear dealing another blow, this time in the form of an X-Scissor.

A Scyther with Shed Skin? Extraordinary!

What will you do?

Note: 3/6 Pokémon declared (Lucario, Steelix, Frillish)
    What the hell is going on here?!

THis was starting to become too much for him to handle. The Samurai's Scyther had an Ability it should never have, not even found in Dreams... and Caiman, ever invisible, had the power to make Normal attacks effective against Ghosts? Their opponent was powerful enough to alter the properties of the undead themselves?!

Am I fighting a God? If so, what's the point in even trying?...

Mazo's grip on his arm brought him back. The Lucario didn't need to say anything out loud - giving up was something he'd never done, not even in the darkest of scenarios. This wouldn't be it either! He himself was no God... but other than Arceus, no other Gods existed in Levin's mind. Caiman was no exception - a wizard perhaps, but no deity. Whatever magic was at work here, Levin had some of his own!

Mazo... I know what I said earlier, but Loffley needs assistance. We can't let Caiman see too much, but those two Slugma are highly trained and the numbers game might be too much.

One of the Slugma was right there. But the other one, the one who got away, was the one Levin was most concerned about... after all, if Loffley got dragged down, it'd be the end of him.

The second end of me, to be precise. Milord, if I may, while Mazo's aid is of considerable help, I too might have something more to offer.

- I know Loffley. I was afraid we'd be showing our hand too soon, but we can't afford to hold back after all. If it's my permission you've been waiting for, you have it!

The power has been stirring within me for quite some time. Your comprehension is most welcome, milord. Allow me, then...

As if a dozen invisible shackles had just come loose, a sudden surge of power exploded from the Frillish's body; it wasn't like the usually smooth, progressive transformations Levin had grown accustomed to. In Loffley's case, he'd been holding back for so long, his excess energy finally overwhelmed him in a burst of light. In a matter of seconds, his shape grew to over twice his original size, and where once was a small blue Frillish, now stood a decidedly larger, and unquestionably stronger !

Even amidst the adversity, Levin couldn't help but smile. Loffley's evolution brought him some much-needed confidence, and he was finally able to see things clearly - only three of his Pokemon were psychically attuned enough to allow mental communication, and two of those soldiers were now on the battlefield. He could plan and maneuver them out of this predicament if he played his cards right!

Mazo, here we go. Like I told you before, hold your ground and show Caiman nothing of your strength. But sense that hidden Slugma's Aura - and let Loffley know the second that enemy makes a move! Loffley, until Mazo says otherwise, focus on the enemy in sight and put him away with a Hydro Pump! If Mazo warns you about the second Slugma coming back out, float away from its range and hit that one with a Hydro Pump as well! With your new power, we can take them out even if they're trained!

Levin knew he had to dispose of these Slugma fast enough to aid the Samurai and his Scyther handle that Magmar. But so far, it seemed as if they were handling themselves. He had enough power on the field to surpass this challenge, he was sure of it - but if on top of all his other otherworldly abilities, Caiman was also a mind reader (and from a distance, at that), then no amount of silent tactics between the Saffron-native, the Lucario and the Jellicent would help, and they were doomed even before they left for this campaign. But that was beyond his control at this point.

I'll do my part, and have faith in my partners. What I don't understand I cannot fight, but Pokemon battling is in my blood; it's what I was born to do. This will not be where I fall!

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 1st November 2015 at 1:15 PM.

The Lost Cities of Talas

Electric Blue Eye: Enthusing the young entrepreneur’s technological skill only serves to make the young man blush, as you conduct a psychic talk with your Pokémon beside you, an interesting tactic for negotiating if intended but your genuine passion for science shines through, furthering the tech-wizard's deep-seated friendliness towards the two of you. Your hunch, that something bad might happen, causes you to offer yourself as a test subject for any and all inventions he might posses, a noble idea for sure, but how wise that decision might be tested later on.

All for one and one for all you and Angelo jump wholeheartedly into the process of being lab rats, to which the scientist is appreciative of as he grabs your hands and sits you down on rather uncomfortable metal chairs, the only ones in his warehouse mind, but every 10 minutes or so you have to shift and squirm your body to make sure your bum and legs don't fall asleep. Still, the testing goes by rather uneventfully. A few machines here or there are proded at your skin unintentionally, some too heavy for the small-framed adult to fully wield with accuracy, many fail altogether … but a couple work. And work do they ever.

His second success pits an adaptation to the familiar Go-Goggles, to which your own pair comes equally in handy, to replace the hard plastic-etched outsides with LCD screens which link up with a camera placed on the midriff of your Pokémon, allowing a POV-style view as Reuniclus floats around, handy for a difficult to see angles of a Pokémon battle. The other, and only other, attach to your Pokéball. The invention, a delightful mixture/spin-off of the classic New Year Ball and Capsule Ball technology, allows the user to throw a Pokéball at a target and, as the wobble of capture happens, gives a heads-up display of how far along the capture is, moving a percentage dial from 0% to 100%, letting you know just how close you were to catching said Pokémon. With no catchable Pokémon around, however, and the only known ones already in your possession you're forced to waste some of your own stock, and his design, practising on a PokéDoll, to which no real field-test accuracy is required since the PokéDoll is automatically captured (lose 2 regular Pokéballs).

A few hours go by of being a Guinea Pig and your hunch has still not come true. Not another soul walks into the shop despite the busy parading of people outside, although you couldn't say you noticed with all the fun you were having … despite the uncomfortable furniture. With the end of testing complete, and sweat pouring from both you and Arthur, you begin to bid adieu. Before you leave, however, he roots around in a large metal (obviously) crate filled to the brim with strange parts you don't recognise, his feet off the ground as he dives into the carnage head-first like an apple-bobber at Halloween, returning with two items in his hand.

“These are the only two items I can help you with, and I don't know if the latter will work” he exclaims in his usually-happy tone. He grabs your hand with his, shaking it profusely for all the help you've been before thrusting a Cell Battery and Ice Heal in your direction.

Two items down, you leave the shop's open entrance to find yourself back under Talas' unforgiving sun and back in the Market City Centre (see here for details)

What will you do?

Note: 2/6 Pokémon declared (Reuniclus, Garchomp)
    Stats.

Time had flown by as Ethan and Angelo were thrown into the inventors uncomfortable, steel chairs; with invention after invention being probed and tested onto them. The atmosphere was like two kids at a toy store, playing with all sort of scientific gismos and even though the Reuniclus wasn't too keen on the idea at first, the look on his trainer's face; one of a cheerful, carefree man that wasn't plagued by the nightmares of his past...an expression rarely ever seen, and one the Psychic Type was content to have the pleasure of experiencing first hand, as the blob too laughed right along with him.

When all was said and done, Ethan got up from his chair and disposed of the Pokeballs he had used to test the machine he had dubbed himself as the 'capsule catcher' (throwing out x2 Pokeballs 6 & 7/50). The trainer then walked up to the inventor and shook his hand, thanking him for a lovely time as he accepted his reward in the process. "It's been a blast! I'm sorry we gotta go but I hope you continue to listen to your inventor's heart and reach greater heights because of them." Ethan said before waving and saying his farewells, grateful that his gut feeling turned out to be wrong.

With two items on his list crossed off, [Ethan has obtained x1 Cell Battery and x1 Ice Heal!] the young lad headed out of the shop and back outside, underneath the scorching heat and humidity he wasn't particularly fond of before putting the items away in his pack.

'Where to next?' the Psychic Type asked his trainer.

"Mhmm..." the trainer thought for a moment, once again with a choice to make, "I guess it was too optimistic of me to think a single place would carry everything we needed..." he said looking at the choices in front of him, "How about, 'The Old Star Pharmacy'? We could probably get the Fertilizer and some Cold Medicine for the Doctor there, since it looks like a herbal shop of sorts." Suddenly having a thought that maybe it would be a wise idea to mention to the scientist Sanders back at his lab about Arthur. The idea of what two crazy mad genius like them could conjure up together was unimaginable!

'Alright, let's get going then-' Angelo said, floating over to the shop before Ethan abruptly stopped his Pokemon, "Wait!"

'What's the matter?'

"Nothing, it's just, if you want someone to feel like they can trust you or at the very least be comfortable around you, you need them to think that you're just like them."

'I don't follow...'

"Say I wanted to...borrow some fishing line from a fisherman. I'd at least need to make them believe I was a man that knows a few things about fishing."

'Okay...' Angelo said sounding like he didn't quite get what his trainer was trying to say.

"You'll see what I mean in a second."

Reaching for a Pokeball around his belt, the young lad threw the sphere high into the air. Upon opening, a white-silvery-blue light shot forth releasing a small creature floating on the dry winds of Talas on a pretty red flower, "Flabebe!" the Fairy Type Pokemon trilled.

"What says: 'I adore plant life' more, then a Flabebe?"

'Gee, I don't know,' Angelo said sarcastically, 'A Grass Type perhaps?'

'Don't worry Ethan,' the Flabebe said floating over to the trainer's shoulder, her voice sweet and soft as she spoke. 'I think, this plan of yours has a 33% chance at working.'

'Only 33?!' the Reuniclus gasped!

'Yup!' the Flabebe giggled.

"Come on, it doesn't hurt to give it a try at least."

Walking up to the steps of 'The Old Star Pharmacy,' the trainer introduces himself to the owner of the shop, a nice and kind looking women, with his Flabebe and Reuniclus beside him. "Hi, my name is Ethan Rivers and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me look for some items I have listed here?" he said smiling, presenting her with the piece of paper with scribbles written on it.

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 1st November 2015 at 1:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost Cities of Talas
    The Archaeology Zone

Long since buried beneath the desert sands, the lost city of Sobek was discovered after a ferocious sandstorm uncovered part of an ancient abode. When archaeologists heard of the discovery they flocked from all over the world to examine the area, eventually unearthing several more vicinities in which the ruined remains of ancient civilisations have been laying undisturbed for thousands of years. Portions of the strange writings and hieroglyphs discovered in these lost cities have been translated, fuelling speculation that the entire island of Talas is somehow tied in with the heavens. Items, carvings, texts, as well as some rather unsettling discoveries and mysterious events have helped to cement these theories in the minds of some, while others dismiss them as fantasy. Each of the cities are believed to be connected to the others somehow, but there are still missing pieces of a much larger puzzle to be found, leading scholars to believe that there are more cities that have yet to be discovered. Talas has now become a popular archaeological site which attracts scientists, scholars, tourists, and trainers from across the globe.

The Isle of Talas
    A desert island so large it's been classified a continent, Talas would be a barren wasteland if not for the Laos River snaking its winding trail from the far north-west corner of the island and throughout the land before rejoining the sea in the south-east province. A mixture of desolate wasteland and tropical jungle, the conditions are so harsh that very few dare to live here. Several nomadic tribes traverse the land, preferring to steer clear of populated areas, though many small villages can be found not too far from the river's edge. Most inhabitants of these villages are quite friendly, but there are the odd settlements whose residents are not at all welcoming, particularly of foreigners. The lost cities aren't the only places of interest in Talas, however, and it's these more isolated locations that have perked the interest of many a curious trainer. Guided tours are offered for those who wish to travel in groups, but the more adventurous trainers prefer to make their own way around.

Areas:
    Laos River: A long and winding river lined with tall palm trees snaking its way throughout this vast desert island. Many wild Pokémon can be found basking upon its banks, while families love to sit by the water and watch the barges sailing by.

There is no better place to sit down and enjoy a picnic than near wáter. Whenever Aposteriori sits down to doze off and write stuff on his notebook, the water has the most direct calming effect on him. He has fond memories near lakes and beaches in general. He remembers all of the fond memories of fishing with his father when he was young. It surely reminds him of that one time they caught 64 magikarp between himself, his father, and other family members. He recalls it as one of the best cookouts of his life. Although the climate is not favorable, the water still holds deep meaning for the trainer during this thoughtful break.

Right now seems about a good time to freshen up some undergarments as Aposteriori pulls out a bag, filled with dirty laundry. With soap in hand, he starts to scrub away at some trousers. He recalls getting it stained with ketchup; the trainer is not the cleanliest of eaters. His mother was never around to clean up after him; she parted ways during labor so basically all he has is a picture of his mother, or stories collected from other family members. The trainer was never at a lost for motherly figures, given that his various aunts stepped up for the occasion, offering abundant amounts maternal roles in his life.

In the matter of an hour, lounging around has proven quite fruitful as the sun dries up his rack of clothing. The heat is starting to get to the trainer though, so he picks up his blanket and promptly places all of the scattered items inside his bag. He starts to head in the direction of the village, via the path edge of the river, see what he finds. Everything is just one giant blur to him, maybe it is the heat and desert is playing tricks on him. Before you know it, he reaches a halt to check the time.

“Ahh, the river is splendidly majestic at this time of the day… what time is it?”

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 23rd March 2016 at 2:45 AM.

The Lost City of Sobek
    The first of the lost cities to have been unearthed, Sobek is the most extensively examined of the five known ancient civilisations. Despite the fact it's surrounded by desert, a thick, healthy layer of the greenest of grass has grown since Sobek was first uncovered. The dig site is extensive, and even though it is believed this city was the main agricultural centre of Ancient Talas, some of its areas raise questions as to what kind of rituals the people who once dwelt here may have performed. Here you will find many places of interest such as the Pokémon Centre, Research Lab and tourist stalls, as well as several interesting excavation sites to explore.

Areas:
    Research Lab: Any fossils unearthed can be taken here for examination. Occasionally one of the professors may have a job opening, so if you're looking for something to do it can't hurt to swing by and see what's available.
    Sooner or later, Gale kne he'd have to come here. Back when he was younger, training under Falkner, he asked the former Gym Leader what the skies were like when the Earth was formed - he remembered asking him if Flying-Types had always been the same, if Talonflame or Braviary were the dominant forces back then like they were now. Falkner had laughed at his innocence, and told him that the creatures of old had little to do with the species they knew; there were neither Pidgey nor Spearow, and the skies weren't ruled by Braviary. That was the first time he ever heard of the great rulers of the ancient times, the kings of sky, sea and land. And then, Falkner had told him that those Pokemon could just as well survive in the present time, if only they were revived.

I don't think I'd know what to do if I ever met such a Pokemon. How would it even react? Is reviving them the right thing to do at all?

He'd harbored great interest in knowing all about the prehistoric skies, more than Falkner could teach him. Not only that, he'd always wondered if mythical birds like Ho-Oh, Zapdos or Articuno already existed back then. If so, did that mean they were as old as, say, an Aerodactyl? Did they all coexist in the same timeline? If so, why did they survive while the so-called ruler of the ancient skies perished?

Gale entered the Research Lab with all these questions in mind, hoping he could be allowed access to some of the books or articles to quench his thirst for answers. If there was a place in all of Fizzy Bubbles where he could study the subject that captivated him so much, this had to be it. On his shoulder was Philemon, the Pidove who was equally fascinated by these tales of antiquity. The small bird was a lover first, an artist second, and a fighter a very distant third; as long as Gale steered clear of confrontations, especially fights he might be called upon to take part in, everything was a-okay.

((Treep, I retired Levin's character so I started anew with this character. Don't feel obligated to pick me back up! Cheers))

$>300
    Last edited by enchantress; 26th March 2016 at 1:57 AM.

Farity's Pond: A large freshwater pond in the centre of the city. How it has miraculously filled with water is still a mystery, some saying Farity herself has imbued it with life. A statue of the Goddess rises from its centre, a Feraligatr, Croconaw, and Totodile protectively surrounding their mistress. The fresh, cool water attracts many wild Pokémon, while people visiting or working in the area like to submerge themselves to cool off under the harsh, desert sun.

"This is so amazing!" Latte exclaims. “My two Pokemon, finally building a friendship!” Since they neared to pond, Latte had enjoyed watching Mina and Chachi hold hands - or, really, it seemed like Chachi was pulling Mina like a balloon, since Mina was levitating, yet the Meditite didn’t seem to mind. They had bonded really quickly, which was important for Latte because she needed all the camaraderie between her Pokemon. She had bonded with them individually, but to see them like this fills her heart with joy. With all the bliss she’s been feeling, she doesn’t even mind the beating heat of the sun and the beads of sweat on her body.

“It’s not so hard,” Mina responds, Chachi smiling at her. “This Piplup’s demonstrated his moves to me, and I must say, as someone who has spent all her life training, they’re not so bad for a beginner.” Chachi, being the proud Piplup that he is, puffs out his chest and winks at his Trainer.

Latte chuckles. “I was afraid I might be bad myself, but I think we’re pretty good, aren’t we?” “Pip!” Chachi exclaims. “We’ll be,” Mina nods solemnly.

The three of them begin to approach the pond, where a statue of the Goddess Farity stands tall and proud. The Totodile family surrounding her statue gives Latte the shivers, out of amazement how such Pokemon could be represented to guard someone so important. If she were to have a statue of her erected, Latte would like it if she were laughing, and every one of her Pokemon were built to be as jolly as her. She’d want to make a family out of all her Pokemon. This seemed to be true for the Goddess.

Latte has heard that there are wild Pokemon around this area, and now that she’s thought about family, she was hoping she could expand it. Imagine coming here with two Pokemon and leaving it with more! She isn’t sure if she’d really have any as she’s already been so blessed lately, but she wouldn’t mind having more!

“Pluuuuup!” Chachi squeals in delight as he runs, still pulling Mina, towards the freshwater pond. It’s been a long time since the Piplup has swam, much so in a natural pool. As Mina beams at her companion, floating mid-air above the pond, Chachi jumps right in the pond and splashes about.

“Pip! Pip!” Chachi calls out to Latte, flailing his fins. Latte waves back as she walks to the pool and wades, releasing an “Ahhhhhhhh” as the relaxing chill of the pond washes over her. Her Piplup then swims underwater, resurfaces on his back, and squirts water from his mouth. Mina can only playfully splash Chachi with water, which of course has no effect on the Piplup. Chachi continues squirting water from his mouth and splashes back.

Latte simultaneously watches Mina and Chachi, and looks around for Pokemon that may come near to seek friendship (or to attack). She acts as a lookout for her and her Pokemon. As she waits, she takes in the scenery and the life that the Goddess Farity gave to this pond.

Please, she thinks. Please let today be the day. Maybe the Goddess is listening to her. She hopes she is.

My Fizzy Bubbles profile. Check Me-owth.

Contrary to popular belief, I no longer chase Mesprit.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456