Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overrated/Underrated Pokemon In You're Opinion

Default Overrated/Underrated Pokemon In You're Opinion

Well for me i think Camerupt http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/smilies2/323.gif is underrated, he never get's he's due, he has an amazing move pool and is hella strong Despite his weak type combination and yet from what i've seen people just see him as an above average Pokemon. For overrated Pokemon one word- AERO****INGDACTYL i have him in multiple games and he sucks [he's shitty move pool dosan't help either] i think people just like him cos Lance had one
    Last edited by collapse; 2nd January 2012 at 3:05 AM.

No, people like him because he was a brilliant lead in the 4th gen and because of his outrageous speed stat.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Sceptile for underrated. It has incredible speed, and a pretty good movepool to boot.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

Please click my dragon(s)!

Whimsicot is underrated now. It never gets used

Underrated: Blastoise

I feel blastoise is a lot bulkier than people realize. He can do a lot of things including being an anti lead with fake out and rapid spin to being purely defensive with counter and mirror coat.

Numel: bring him a couple of baton pass boosts and the opponent is done. Ive swept even water pokemon with this thing.

Overrated: Umbreon

I hate this thing so much... most pokemon that can do its job do it much better. Not to mention its attack stats suck, its not overly good at walling either. Id much rather run vaporeon or suicune.

Gardevoir: Apparently im not running into any good gardevoir trainers, ive never had any real trouble dealing with it. Was never really overwhelming, you can still ko past reflect or light screen, mostly the same thing over and over again. W-o-w looks nice on it though.

Glaceon: Not really feeling it, i mean having one of the most powerful ice beams in the game is nice and all, but i feel its stats are too awkwardly arranged for its full potential. That being said, a choice scarf can fix its speed, but youre still locked into one move.

also speaking of overrated,crobat!, he's good but not as ''speshol'' as some make him out to be [also a lot of people have him in rate my team sections so he counts as overrated to me] for underrated cradily, he's in my opnion the strongest non legendery grass pokemon and yet you don't see him getting praise or being featured in many rate my team sections [probably cos he's so hard to get]

Archeops is underrated. People complain about Defeatist, but that's not much of a problem in-game. My Archeops is the star of my team. It can OHKO nearly everything now.

Quote Originally Posted by collapse View Post
    also speaking of overrated,crobat!, he's good but not as ''speshol'' as some make him out to be [also a lot of people have him in rate my team sections so he counts as overrated to me] for underrated cradily, he's in my opnion the strongest non legendery grass pokemon and yet you don't see him getting praise or being featured in many rate my team sections [probably cos he's so hard to get]
    First of all, I'm pretty sure the RMT sections are for competitive pokemon.

Crobat: I used one in-game and it was amazing. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Cradily: It's really not that strong. In fact, it's pretty terrible all around. Offensive stats of 81 each isn't anything to be proud of. Amazing special defense in sandstorm, though. I just love its design. And it's really not that hard to get; soft reset in front of the fossil guy in Twist Mountain.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 2nd January 2012 at 4:04 AM.

^ Click this for good times ^

Porygon- Z - Modest with Adaptability and Choice Specs is just plain mean. Twice I've had a 1 v 3 clutch with this thing and it's Tri Attack.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Porygon- Z - Modest with Adaptability and Choice Specs is just plain mean. Twice I've had a 1 v 3 clutch with this thing and it's Tri Attack.
    I'm training a Porygon on my team in Platinum. It's going to be a total beast when it evolves.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Archeops is underrated. People complain about Defeatist, but that's not much of a problem in-game. My Archeops is the star of my team. It can OHKO nearly everything now.

First of all, I'm pretty sure the RMT sections are for competitive pokemon.

Crobat: I used one in-game and it was amazing. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

Cradily: It's really not that strong. In fact, it's pretty terrible all around. Offensive stats of 81 each isn't anything to be proud of. Amazing special defense in sandstorm, though. I just love its design. And it's really not that hard to get; soft reset in front of the fossil guy in Twist Mountain.
    yer but cradily's move pool/defense can make him an excellent annoyer [i remember steven's gave me a lot of trouble] btw i have a crobat in emerald and crystal and it's good but once again not amazing. also i think pokemon with cool designs [umbreon, scyther, raichu etc.] tend to be overrated.
    Last edited by collapse; 2nd January 2012 at 4:22 AM.

The most overrated(IMO) is Charizard. What sweeping potential does he have? Sure Solar Power is usable, but with that speed? As if.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Lucario is disgusting overrated. Speed is blah at best and people boast that it resists a lot. It has NO defensive stats! It's gonna die in one hit anyway!

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

I think Crobat is underrated.
    I know it's weak defensively but it's got decent attack and killer speed
    Great with U-turn
    Last edited by Moonlight_Tails; 2nd January 2012 at 7:28 AM.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

OU=overrated, UU and below=Underrated

/thread.

Also, this has been done so many times before. I think this would be better suited for poke polls.
    In Fearful Day, In Raging Night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite. When all seems lost in the War of Light look to the stars--For HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!

I don't care about my pokemon other than their battling potential. If they aren't good at battling, I'm not going to use them. If I have to spend time getting my pokemon to be perfect, so be it. I'll battle your pokemon that are "raised with love" anytime, and you know what? I'll probably win.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Lucario is disgusting overrated. Speed is blah at best and people boast that it resists a lot. It has NO defensive stats! It's gonna die in one hit anyway!
    I agree, I've tried it on several teams. never lasted long.
    My Favorite Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    The most overrated(IMO) is Charizard. What sweeping potential does he have? Sure Solar Power is usable, but with that speed? As if.
    but it's charizard man! seriously tho charizard is the second biggest gimmick in pokemon behind ditto imo

I don't battle competitively, but I hear a lot of people talk about Torterra sucking, which surprises me. I've used it on two playthroughs and it's performed great both times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rey Alejandro View Post

/thread.
    Huh? Did you read the first post?
    I think this would be better suited for poke polls.
    I don't know, I think it could harbor an opinionated discussion.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I don't battle competitively, but I hear a lot of people talk about Torterra sucking, which surprises me. I've used it on two playthroughs and it's performed great both times.
    I used a crappy natured Sentret as my main for my recent playthrough of SoulSilver, and it worked great. It's really inaccurate to rate a Pokemon's potential based on how it works in game (Battle Tower excluded).

people say linoone sucks cos he's so easy to get but with the right move set he can be pretty dangerous btw SAY NO TO POKE HM SLAVERY!
    Last edited by collapse; 2nd January 2012 at 7:50 AM.

Bibarel is Underrated in that respect as well IMO
    My Favorite Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSplash View Post
    I used a crappy natured Sentret as my main for my recent playthrough of SoulSilver, and it worked great. It's really inaccurate to rate a Pokemon's potential based on how it works in game (Battle Tower excluded).
    Yeah, I realize that. It's just sometimes I get the impression people think it's unusable, which I'm surprised at.

Although I may just be bias (though I try not to be).
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

Bibarel. It's awesome with Thunder + Charge Beam + Surf + Curse. But everyone uses it like a HM slave..

It's official. Pokemon B/W 2 has the BEST sprites.

For me Venomoth is a little underrated. Very useful Sleep Powder/status abuser, plus it's a great Quiver Dance + Baton Pass user thanks to B/W. Besides, I think it looks adorable in a wierd sort of way

As for overrated, I'd say Dragonite. Never liked using it, never found it that useful in-game despite all that power.. I personally think that Salamence is often the better alternative.
    Last edited by FlyShyGuy; 2nd January 2012 at 3:51 PM.
    Q: What's a Metapod's favourite ice-cream??
    A: Hardendazs...
    ....yeah I suck at jokes:/
    KAKUNA MATATA
    Current Poke-activity : Pokemon White 2 Walkthrough - Set Mode, No Healing Items
    Current Progress: 4th Gym Leader

/thread.

Also, this has been done so many times before. I think this would be better suited for poke polls.
    Minor details.

Surprisingly, Luxray seems like an underrated Pokemon. I used Luxray as my main Pokemon in my last run of Platinum (put Torterra in the PC after it evolved) and it has without a doubt been the MVP of my team. Charge + Thunder Fang has OHKO'd more Pokemon than I care to recount (many times it wasn't even super effective).

As for Pokemon I've yet to use (plan on using for future runs), Mothim, Chimecho, Delibird, Masquerain. I expect them to suck, but I care more about how my team looks than how strong my team is. Plus, they seem like great mascot Pokemon for teams.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Underrated:

Blastoise (Coolest design ever!)
    Emboar (Gets too much hate.)
    Scolipede (Next to Excadrill, was my main lead in Pokemon Black. People don't like him cause of his typing.)
    Early Gen Rodents (Raticate, Bibarel, and Watchog all have a certain charm to them. Raticate has those adorably tiny arms, Bibarel has that really cute face with wide eyes, a red nose, and buck teeth, and Watchog has a cool psychopathic look, plus huge puffy cheeks.)

Overrated:

Garchomp (Now that too many fours isn't here to tell me I'm not allowed to hate this piece of ****, I can complain about how much I hate Garchomp.)
    Serperior (Pound for pound, he's TEN times uglier than Emboar. Why is he so popular?)
    Scizor (Personality wise, it has about as much as a piece of wood.)
    Gallade (I know this guy's an UU Pokemon, but he has a cult following him. Most people see a badass character with personality and elbow blades. I see... a stick figure. ...Yeah, a glorified stick figure. Really awesome. ...Really.)

Quote Originally Posted by pokechamp219 View Post
    Bibarel. It's awesome with Thunder + Charge Beam + Surf + Curse. But everyone uses it like a HM slave..
    Bibarel will ALWAYS be more than an HM slave to me.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast