Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overrated/Underrated Pokemon In You're Opinion

Excadrill is pretty overrated. It has potential to be a cool Pokemon, but I just can't get over the fact that it looks like someone stuck in a mole suit. Maybe one day I'll appreciate it more.
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/2d164cz.png[/IMG]

pock pock pock

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFreeJazz View Post
    Surprisingly, Luxray seems like an underrated Pokemon. I used Luxray as my main Pokemon in my last run of Platinum (put Torterra in the PC after it evolved) and it has without a doubt been the MVP of my team. Charge + Thunder Fang has OHKO'd more Pokemon than I care to recount (many times it wasn't even super effective).
    Oh yes. I'm using a Luxray named Ampere on my Platinum right now, and its attack is so crazy it's not even funny. It's a real powerhouse. Now it has Wild Charge in fifth gen, which is amazing.

^ Click this for good times ^

alakazam is overrated. other then high speacial defense and atack he's pretty screwy by gen 5 standerds [back in the early days he was king tho] so is gyarados, jolteon and arcanine infact most gen 1 pokemon are overrated
    Last edited by collapse; 3rd January 2012 at 3:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by collapse View Post
    alakazam is overrated. other then high speacial defense and atack he's pretty screwy by gen 5 standerds [back in the early days he was king tho] so is gyarados, jolteon and arcanine infact most gen 1 pokemon are overrated
    I don't know about Jolteon or Arcanine, but Alakazam is a total beast in-game. It can OHKO pretty much anything that isn't dark type. Gyarados is a bit harder to use in the third gen games since most of its moves were special, but it's much better after the split.

^ Click this for good times ^

Arcanine is overrated, for sure. There are better fire types out there, and I don't just mean the ones with dual typing - I mean the pure fire types. Gyrados is overrated as well - water/flying = bad typing. Very bad.

Umm, Linoone is now becoming underrated - it is quick, and has a huge move pool. And I actually have a soft spot for Armadalo - great pokemon, but barely ever mentioned.
    Because every pokemon is wonderful

SoulSilver Team

Black Team

Always buy from the Magikarp Salesman. Re-live the team Rocket moment :P

Name: Soup-Dragon
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Arceus is a bit too overrated, I am getting fed up of how overrated it is.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

[img]http://i43.*******.com/2ap454.jpg[/img]

Credit goes to Mew_ for the amazing userbar!
    Credit goes to millarc3005 for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Oh yes. I'm using a Luxray named Ampere on my Platinum right now, and its attack is so crazy it's not even funny. It's a real powerhouse. Now it has Wild Charge in fifth gen, which is amazing.
    I love Luxray. Bred one with Ice Fang in HG to give him something against grounds.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Quote: Arceus is a bit too overrated, I am getting fed up of how overrated it is.

That's right. When I discovered how many people were using Extremekiller Arceus (both in my own battles and battles on YouTube), I was greatly upset. It's so cheap! It gets priority, and after a few Swords Dances, it's going to be killing everything with priority! ARRGH!

On an unrelated note: Jynx is somewhat underrated. It's rarely used, and can be quite dangerous if played properly.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

i once played a team over wifi that went like this:

azelf
    jirachi
    celebi
    mew
    heatran
    zapdos

i think all those legends are completely overrated. i hate them.
    Signature removed due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

Quote Originally Posted by overlordmewtwo View Post
    Quote: Arceus is a bit too overrated, I am getting fed up of how overrated it is.

That's right. When I discovered how many people were using Extremekiller Arceus (both in my own battles and battles on YouTube), I was greatly upset. It's so cheap! It gets priority, and after a few Swords Dances, it's going to be killing everything with priority! ARRGH!

On an unrelated note: Jynx is somewhat underrated. It's rarely used, and can be quite dangerous if played properly.

Im sorry, how does this make him overrated? Maybe if people were overhyping it(like how rhyperior was prior to people finding out how he actually played), but even then its one of the best sets for arceus. In a matter of fact, only a few pokemon can single handedly best it and still be usable outside of that.

I feel that Charizard is grossly overrated as to me a pokemon with a 4X weakness and fairly lackluster defenses is not something to brag about. He is only liked so much because he is a dragon and he is among the first 151. An underrated pokemon is Walrein! It's HP makes up for its slow speed and mediocre defenses, but with a Defense Curl/Ice Ball combo along with STAB, it can tear through opponents. This probably goes without saying but, this is entirely in my own opinion.

I find that Heracross is underrated. It is lethal if used properly. The swords dance + flame orb + facade combo is deadly.

Overrated has to be Lucario. His speed isn't ideal.
    Gone foREVer. Goodbye.

DeviantART | Twitter | YouTube

Overrated Pokemon:
    Azelf - Everytime I use a UU team I run into a ton of these, and all of them are leads. However, Aerodactyl is better than Azelf at setting up SR.
    Mew - It's so unpredictable. True. But that "unpredictability" makes it overrated.Sure it learns any TM and any HM, but it's outclassed at anything it does, besides maybe the Baton Pass set.
    Haxorus - 147 Atk? Yes. Dragon Dance? Yes. Speed? NO. Haxorus is slow and pretty frail, it falls prey to any Salamence/Weavile/Mamoswine/Hydreigon while it's Dragon Dancing. Also, it's ugly.
    Volcarona - Quad-weak to Stealth Rock, cannot take physical hits. It does get Quiver Dance but usually it only gets one chance to sweep due to SR.

Underrated Pokemon:
    Dusknoir - I took down a lot of OU teams with Dusknoir. He's got Will-o-Wisp, Pain Split, Payback, Earthquake and the elemental punches to wreak havoc. I don't understand however how he did fell from OU straight to RU in Gen V.
    Rhyperior - Quad-weak to Grass and Water, but he's got Solid Rock, massive HP and massive Defense to somewhat counter this weakness. He has Edgequake and 140 Atk to destroy you and Megahorn to punish Grass-types. Choice Band + 140 Atk + Stone Edge = ULTRA PWNAGE.

Overrated:
    - nearly all Eeveelutions (especially Umbreon, which sucks at everything it tries to do)
    - Charizard, among the circle of older ex-fans who think new Pokemon suck because they haven't seen them when they were kids

I can't think of any underrated pokes at the moment.

lapras is another overrated gen1 pokemon, speaking of gen 1 pokemon dewgong is tad bit underrated

Quote Originally Posted by Casty View Post
    Overrated:
    - nearly all Eeveelutions (especially Umbreon, which sucks at everything it tries to do)
    Yay, someone agrees with me.
    Last edited by pseudoman; 6th January 2012 at 9:53 PM.

Overrated:
    Hydreigon with Draco Meteor. I've met several of these guys in random wi-fi battles, and nearly all of them started out with using Draco Meteor, and none of them held the White Herb (I think I've only met 1 that didn't do so). They're dragons, and they have great special attack, but they can't OHKO everything with Draco Meteor.

Underrated:
    Archeops. I'd really like to experiment with a double or triple-battle team showcasing Archeops and a good defensive skill-swapper. Should be interesting.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

I think Dragon types are overrated. Yeah they're resilient, but Dragon is only super effective on Dragon. Kinda the same with Ghost but it's also super on Psychic.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

Underated: At the moment, Raikou. I made a team around a 4 special attack Raikou, it's doing ok right now. Needs more testing but eh :/ There aren't too many OU Electric types, except Rotom-W, Jolteon, and Magnezone.

Overrated: Lucario.

Underrated: Cofagrigus.

Thats why it is part steel type
    NOOOO SCEPTILE WHY IS YOUR SIGNATURE MOVE STOLEN FROM YOU NOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by pika-plays-the-saxophone View Post
    Arcanine is overrated, for sure. There are better fire types out there, and I don't just mean the ones with dual typing - I mean the pure fire types.
    Rapidash is underrated, yet it's one of my favorite Pokémon. Its fast and it barely has a move pool good in enough to survive
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight_Tails View Post
    I think Dragon types are overrated. Yeah they're resilient, but Dragon is only super effective on Dragon.
    Except for Altaria, the forgotten defensive dragon type.
    The only other underrated Pokémon that I can think of is Fearow, and is an overrated Pokémon, I can't think of any that hasn't posted.

Overrated: People've already mentioned Dragon types, and I know I'm gonna get a bit of hate for this, but I think Salamence is overrated. It's got good stats, but it's so....generic. No special moves, nothing to make it stick out besides being a dragon. Also, its wings look like Pringles.

Underrated:

Liepard. With a high speed, thunder wave, and hell, sand attack, night slash, and fake out...it can work.

| tumblr. | dA |

Bump of almost exactly 1 year.. got to shut it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12