Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling the King of the Mines! (722)

Apparently Boldore did use Rock Blast, but apparently, it wasn't at the bit where people thought it was.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Evll33t View Post
    Yeah I noticed that he did say its name then he checked it on the pokedex.
    Yeah I remember now, I think I had to refresh the video so I don't remember what was said, which is why I temporarily forgot.

Also to answer an earlier question, Oshawott spun in place and used water gun, it didn't learn rain dance or any other move.

Edit: Also Krokorok's bite/crunch was seriously badass (still wish it was black and not white though)
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 5th January 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

only one question, what was the "mystery colored" move the rock used?

Awesome episode but Rock Smash seems a bit overused

So the rainbow move was Sandstorm?? Wtf??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So the rainbow move was Sandstorm?? Wtf??
    Ya, I guess they overdone that. Also sandstorm is now more like the game. It hits every turn.

after looking at the pics, there's only one thing i have to nitpick at.

Ash...if Oshawott's water gun couldn't block hydro pump the first time, what makes you think it will work now? *rolls eyes.*

Everything else was great, Clay throwing a tantrum after Palpitoad went down and Excadrill being like "Why won't you die!" when Horn Drill failed to ko Roggenrola before it evolved was neat.

finally, lol Pikachu wanting to go in at the Krok, definite foreshadowing there.

What a great gym battle. Lots of awesome and fluid animation, one of the best looking evolution scenes ever! And a really cool new animation for Sandstorm which finally showcases it as a weather effect.
    Not sure why Ash used Sandstorm vs. Excadrill though? Dose he not know its Abilities and that its immune to its damaging effects or was it stated to be used for a valid reason, i.e. for the Rock type defensive boost?

Only two major faults where...
    1. Too many Rock Smashes lately, has it replaced Brick Break as the go to Fighting type move?
    2. Reused animations from Ash's Palpitoad.

However all in all an awesome episode, and then the ending..... SPOILERS!!!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Damn, I'm really freaking unlucky latelly, everytime its a big episode I fall asleep, serve me rigth to not talk to 3 people bu visitor message till 4 am xD.

Saw the pictures on filb and the gym looks great and definetly the best in Ishhu.

What I liked

- Pikachu reacting to Krokorok
    - Oshawott vs Krokorok seemed to be an awesome battle
    - Oshawott high fiving Satoshi and Pikachu was one of the cutest things ever
    - I actually predicted most fight right, including Snivy getting Horn Drilled cool
    - Boldore looked pretty awesome and I'm glad it got to do more then just Rock Smashing and winning.

Will watch later when its available to download but from the picture seems like a great episode.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Apparently Boldore did use Rock Blast, but apparently, it wasn't at the bit where people thought it was.
    Looks like we were both wrong to an extent.. However, I said that the manga might've been wrong, not saying that it absolutely was going to be. You however was adamant that it wasn't going to learn Rock Blast! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Damn, I'm really freaking unlucky latelly, everytime its a big episode I fall asleep, serve me rigth to not talk to 3 people bu visitor message till 4 am xD.

Saw the pictures on filb and the gym looks great and definetly the best in Ishhu.

What I liked

- Pikachu reacting to Krokorok
    - Oshawott vs Krokorok seemed to be an awesome battle
    - Oshawott high fiving Satoshi and Pikachu was one of the cutest things ever
    - I actually predicted most fight right, including Snivy getting Horn Drilled cool
    - Boldore looked pretty awesome and I'm glad it got to do more then just Rock Smashing and winning.

Will watch later when its available to download but from the picture seems like a great episode.
    You and I both pal.. :P Serves me right for staying up till at least 4AM.. :P
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Only seen the pictures and I'm already in love with this episode. Can't wait to watch it.

Not surprised Ash won...considering it was already confirmed when the episode was announced...

It was interesting to see Pikachu getting ready to battle Krokorok, I wonder if it had to do with Sunglasses Krokorok or it just wanting to battle, hoping for the former.

The gym match ups went exactly how I figured they would, I'm not crazy about the way it happened(With Ash winning then Clay winning then Ash winning the Clay winning and so on), I do like a little mixing up, but I'm not hating on it.

Everyone got a win here which is nice. Not sure what was with Oshawott spinning around about(I assume it was to get rid of Sandstorm), but it looked like a cool strategy on Ash's part, kind of reminded me of Counter Shield. Lost to Palpitoad after Rock Smash, as I figured.

Snivy had an easy win again Palpitoad thanks to Attract. Ended up losing to Excadrill.

Roggenrola evolves and beats Excadrill, I think it's Sturdy ability was used here too, which is cool.

The first part of the episode was rather funny, Ash with of sack of plants, following some guy who looks...odd...in an elevator...going underground...Stupid mind thinking about this kind of stuff :P.

EDIT: Oh and little Clay :3...well he looked kind of ugly but whatever back story is back story.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 5th January 2012 at 3:36 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Looks like we were both wrong to an extent.. However, I said that the manga might've been wrong, not saying that it absolutely was going to be. You however was adamant that it wasn't going to learn Rock Blast! :P
    Yeah, true, but there was no proof before this episode aired, that it would learn Rock Blast, since it was just a new evolution sequence.

If I saw a preview of it actually using the move, I wouldn't have been as adamant, on it not using it in this episode for the first time.

Anyway, nice episode.

Oshawott uses some cool techniques in my opinion. Like it clearing away the Sandstorm and it shooting itself up using Water Gun. And its high five was cute.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I also liked that Pikachu also reacted to Excadrill, I was almost sure they would fight again but now I'm sure of it.

just saw the battle, loved pikachu's reaction XD when he saw krokorok

a nice battle..
    each win for oshawott,snivy,boldore....
    snivy once again uses attract,and win but no devlopment at all..
    VS
    ...........SAMURAI............................. NINJA.......
    WHO WILL WIN.......?

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    What have we learned today?

Don't fock with Chomper4.
    So I guess we own him an apologie then though he was insanely bad with making all his post about 1 capture.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

This is like the first gym battle in unova that actually interests me...I really want to see this episode.

I liked seeing all three of Ash's Pokemon get one win each. And it was kinda funny how Clay reacted to Snivy's rather easy victory.

(If you get the feeling that a whopping eight posts have been deleted since the creation of this thread, you're correct. I thought peeps knew by now that posts made before the episode even starts airing would be deleted without comment )

'Kay, first of all...

NOES ;_____________;

The sweet, squishy adorable voice of Inuko Inuyama thrown aside in favor of the so-overused-it-causes-heartburn voice of Unsho Ishizuka. I'd expected Roggenrola to get a VA swap upon evolution, but did it have to be this guy? Really? Oh well, I still have Swadloon. Don't let me down, voice directors or whoever decides this stuff >(

On to more pleasant aspects... loved this Gym battle. Easily the best one in BW so far, as many have said. The animation played a major part in this, but also the script, which was a billion times better than the last Gym battle's... despite the fact that it was written by the same guy. Ash can be goofy and endearing in nearly any kind of episode and it wouldn't be OOC, but in Gym battles, he should take himself and his opponent seriously, not stumble from victory to victory following the "I'll just shut my eyes, flail about wildly and see if I knocked anything down" principle.

Many people like to think Ash's just stupid all around, but the ironic part about his character is that, when it comes to his main activity, he's anything but stupid. The Elesa battle only reflected that quirk minimally, while this time, the scriptwriter seemed to have acknowledged that yes, Ash is allowed (and supposed) to use his head during battles after all. He used type advantages twice because he thought them sensible and the one time he didn't, he still had something specific in mind which turned out to work in the end. Yeah, that's more like it.

Oshawott VS Krokorok was a good fight and contained a good mix between struggles at the beginning and badass overpowering at the end. Has Oshawott always looked this chubby? I wanted to squish it the whole time <3 Its subsequent loss against Palpitoad was credible as well. IIRC it took three more hits despite already being weakened from the previous fight; that's tremendous progress compared to its Lenora days.

I didn't mind the shortness of Snivy VS Palpitoad that much. Sure, it was a little bit too similar to the fight against Servine, but it was interesting to see a Gym Leader having to pay for his cockiness for once, not Ash. I lol'd when Clay flat-out yelled that he didn't like Ash, simply because he did something unexpected by not charging in head-first ("LIKE YOUNG PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO, ARGH!"), but using one of those evil tricks called Attract.

As for Roggenrola/Boldore VS Excadrill, I would have liked them to use Roggenrola's extraordinary hearing ability to dodge at least some of the underground!Drill Runs, so it didn't take as absurdly many hits as it actually did. Oh well, Roggy's super-defensive skills can be forgiven considering 1) it was previously known for being able to take hits, which was mentioned in the episode multiple times, and didn't just magically become a tank and 2) they let Horn Drill work on it in turn, which had no business getting used against a Pokémon with Sturdy (if my game memory doesn't completely fail me, that is). Lastly, I loved the deadly silence before/during the evolution and of course, the evolution animation itself.
    Last edited by Sushi; 5th January 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Is it just me or is DP Ash back?

This battle looks like something DP Ash would have done.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Is it just me or is DP Ash back?

This battle looks like something DP Ash would have done.
    He never left, Satoshi is Satoshi.

He never left, Satoshi is Satoshi.
    Yes but he got a huge shift in personality and strategy in between both series.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Yes but he got a huge shift in personality and strategy in between both series.
    Well I always said he didn't besides being more funny but we talked about that a bunch of times already, its just a diference in opinion.

I also liked that Pikachu also reacted to Excadrill, I was almost sure they would fight again but now I'm sure of it.
    Pikachu will fight Clay's Excadrill?

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Pikachu will fight Clay's Excadrill?
    Urgh Iris, isn't that obvious?

I meant he wants revenge or more like e rematch I don't think there is animosity with Iris Excadrill and reacted to Clay apparently.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast