Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Battling the King of the Mines! (722)

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    So basically;

- Rapid Claw didn't make much damage thanks to the type resistance.
    - Sturdy prevented Boldore from putting through the Horn Drill.

That only leaves Drill Run, now the battle doesn't seem so cheap to me. XD
    It doesn't really help when Krokorok's dig animation was very similar to Excadrill using drill run (minus Krokorok not having a "form" change).

Now I realize Iris's Excadrill using drill run above ground doesn't mean Clay can't use drill run in a creative way. But it doesn't help that initially it used it by digging into the ground, and then it used it above ground.

And if Excadrill always had rock smash, why didn't it use it against Roggenrola.

Oh well.

I don't think the battle was cheap per se, but it doesn't help that Roggenrola did nothing but Sandstorm before it evolved.

A flash cannon or stone edge would've been a welcome sight and would've made the battle better (even if it missed). The latter not seen since the Audino episode.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I have a question, when those red rocks on Boldore's back were flashing, was it trying to communicate with Ash?

Quote Originally Posted by pokefandt View Post
    I have a question, when those red rocks on Boldore's back were flashing, was it trying to communicate with Ash?
    That is whay I understood, the two times he did that, Satoshi understood he had two new moves, so I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    That is whay I understood, the two times he did that, Satoshi understood he had two new moves, so I think so.
    Cool. Its wierd seeing Ash know about new attacks and not having someone else having the tell it for him.

Cool. Its wierd seeing Ash know about new attacks and not having someone else having the tell it for him.
    I believe the dex tells them, so he probably looked at the dex or something after Boldore gave him the signal.

Can't Snivy win even without Attract working and vice versa? It's like the outcome of her battle is determined by whether or not that damn move works. I mean she has plenty of other powerful moves

I mean it's great to see that Snivy won, but I'd like to see her win without Attract's help. Otherwise, the outcome of her battle is really determined by the gender of her opponent...

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I believe the dex tells them, so he probably looked at the dex or something after Boldore gave him the signal.
    No we never saw him look as far as I can tell. The lights flashed and he immediatly knewa what attack Boldore learned.

The lights thing is taken straight from its dex entry: When it overflows with power, the orange crystal on its body glows.
    No we never saw him look as far as I can tell. The lights flashed and he immediatly knewa what attack Boldore learned.
    Ash said, right after dexing Boldore, "And it's learned some new moves too!" (or something along those lines), so I'm very sure the dex listed its moveset.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Can't Snivy win even without Attract working and vice versa? It's like the outcome of her battle is determined by whether or not that damn move works. I mean she has plenty of other powerful moves

I mean it's great to see that Snivy won, but I'd like to see her win without Attract's help. Otherwise, the outcome of her battle is really determined by the gender of her opponent...
    She beat Pawniard without it and Pawniard had type advatange or atleast type resistance, also beat Gothita without it, its her trademark move people need to get used to it.

We didn't really need to see it, it was kinda obvious since we know the dex does that :P, but yeah Sushi explained it already, he apparently knew about the moves already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    The lights thing is taken straight from its dex entry: When it overflows with power, the orange crystal on its body glows.

Ash said, right after dexing Boldore, "And it's learned some new moves too!" (or something along those lines), so I'm very sure the dex listed its moveset.
    Oh, well I don't understand Japanese anyway. XD Thanks for clearing that up for me.

One of the best episodes of the saga so far. Definitely in my top five, and by far the best gym battle in Best Wishes.

The battle was really well done. I love gym battles that involve actual strategy on Ash's part, and when it works, it's even better. Oshawott, Snivy and Boldore all got much needed wins and glory. The only thing that I'm a little sad about is that Oshawott didn't use Counter-Shield. Spinning is boring, but I guess Oshawott couldn't use it anyway.

This episode also had awesome animations. Ash and Clay actually had emotions, and the battle was extremely dynamic. Sandstorm, Rock Blast, and Crunch also got awesome makeovers. I loved the Crunch animation.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I was kind of hoping to see Power Gem in this episode. Boldore does learn that attack after evolving. Maybe in a later episode.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Clay scares me

I thought this episode was good. I'm glad Ash was smart enough on not using Pikachu for the battle. Out of the 3 matches, I thought Oshawott's battle against Krokorok was the best. That's 5 down now, just 3 more gyms to go.

Brilliant episode, brilliant battle, brilliant evolution.

When Ash screamed Roggenrolas name and everything went silent, man that was tense and one of the few signs of any emotion i've felt in the BW saga, well played writers.

10/10.

I like the episode but :
    - Clay was too rude during the battle, I hated it !
    - Snivy's win was too cheap : she could easily win against Palpitoad without relying on Attract, Leaf Storm, Leaf Blade are both powerful grass types which can destroy a Palpitoad
    - Roggenrola defense : Ok for Horn Drill + Rapid Spin, but all this Drill Run .... seriously !

(The more I see a Palpitoad, the more I think it's the better species of 5th gen !)

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    Wow, a Gym Battle that wasn't medicore/weak, and was actually pretty entertaining to watch. Easily one of the best matches in Unova so far, and very enjoyable. Felt that Snivy's part with Palpitoad was kinda rushed, as in they didn't want to spend to much time on it. Nice to see everyone get a win, even though I could have seen myself without Oshawott defeating Krokorok, but it's all good.

Pretty disappointing that it took them 5 Gym Battles to make a Gym Match entertaining or at least impressive. Only Gym Battle before this one that was okey, was against Cilan/Chill/Cress, but the rest of them were pretty bland and uninteresting.
    Opinion much? I liked all the gym matches so far. Yes they weren't the best of all time but overall great. They were better so far Unova comes is second with gym matches after Hoenn.

Anyways this match was great and a real powerhouse battle. I like how so far in the Unova gym matches Ash and his Pokemon gains character development. Also the strategies that each leader uses is different an unique. I'm seriously loving best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    Opinion much?
    Um..yes?

Loved this battle, so much better than the other four. Nice to see Snivy finally winning, even if her battle against Palpitoad wasn't very long. Good battles too, I especially liked Krokorok against Oshawott. The new evolution animation was pretty cool too, although I don't get why they felt the need to change it.

Ack! I can't believe I missed this gym battle. It looked like such a good one too...

Wicked Witch got nothing on me

after watching the subs, i think i need to add one more annoyance along with the fact Ash should've known better than to go for Water Gun vs Hydro Pump again.

Why did no one bring up Sturdy being able to nulify OHKO moves? The way the referee reacted it's like he didn't expect Roggenrola to live either but it did, would it kill them to reference WHY that happened, or are they planning to do it later in more epic fashion?

Clay calling Ash cheeky for using Attract with Snivy and not attacking head on made me laugh so hard though.

I still prefer all the matches of Unova to the ones in sinnoh. Clay was awesome in this episode and helped showed why he's one of my favorite Unova gym leaders.

Sorry if I'm coming off strong here it's just I liked each of the gym leaders' fighting styles and strategies. Each was different and unique. Some were really strategic like Lenora and others were power oriented like Clay. Overall Unova's been great withe the battles. I guess to each their own I suppose.
    Last edited by Chimchar15; 11th January 2012 at 4:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Um..yes?

Loved this battle, so much better than the other four. Nice to see Snivy finally winning, even if her battle against Palpitoad wasn't very long. Good battles too, I especially liked Krokorok against Oshawott. The new evolution animation was pretty cool too, although I don't get why they felt the need to change it.
    The new evolution animation is not my favorite.

Not a fan here. I was partial to the way stuff evolved prior to this episode.

Best match without a doubt was Mijumaru vs. Warubiru.

Hmm Clay annoyed me as he was way too angry at some parts. Although to be fair how many of us would be angry when ingame our pokemon falls under Attract status and the opponent lands three moves on us.

Clay was kinda harsh though.

Finished watching the video version.

I think this might be one of my favorite Best Wishes episodes.

I loved seeing Korokok. I loved the way it used Dig and Bite, made the moves more interesting to me. I also like how Sandstorm seems more like it is in the game now.

I thought Clay was pretty interesting, kind of rude at times, but that's what made him interesting to me. I love how he hating on Ash using Attract, although at the same time it felt like he was just being a sore loser.

The first four or so minutes of the episode was so awkward. Bag of plants, going underground with some old who...who's laughing, meeting the boss who is given the bag of plants and tells one of his workers to hand them out...I sure got a nice couple of chuckles from that.

I enjoyed Oshawott vs Krokorok and Roggenrola/Boldore vs Excadrill, both fights were pretty interesting to watch. Snivy's battles were one sided for either it or Clay's Excadrill so it wasn't that entertaining to me, but enjoyable nonetheless. Oshawott vs Palpitoad was like Snivy's battle as well for me.

It's interesting that Ash seems to know Boldore's name before looking it up or someone telling him it, pretty sure he said "Gantle" the moment Roggenrola evolved. I liked the new animation for the evolution as well, although I felt the one that was already around was fine too, both are better then the ones from past generations in my opinion.

Overall, defiantly one of my favorite episodes of Best Wishes.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

All of the gym battles in Unova so far were entertaining. The only bland one IMO was Lenora's and it was not that bad...

People were spoiled with some DP battles.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast