Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Battling the King of the Mines! (722)

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    All of the gym battles in Unova so far were entertaining. The only bland one IMO was Lenora's and it was not that bad....
    Agree. Agree. Agree.

I don't get why there's hate on the Gym battles so much, each one has tried a new tactic and plot device.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    People were spoiled with some DP battles.
    That has happened a lot in BW too
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Holy crap a lot less recycled animation than we're used to seeing, especially in Roggenrola's battle. The only recycled part I noticed in that last match was Drill Run which I was completely fine with since the sequence for that looks cool anyway. Can't say the same for Snivy. Boldore is a lot better animated than I thought it'd be too.

I think it would've been nice if the battle was stretched into an episode and a half or something. Snivy's match felt rushed and the way Clay suddenly all peaches and cream accepted Ash so readily at the end did too. Other than that the whole gym match is definetly my favorite in Unova. And as Sushi said, the script was pretty bad*ss this time around. Like around the level of Ash's goodbye to Meowth bad*ss. That might just be me though.

Other comments:
    - Heh. I love those scenes where someone starts bragging about how strong an opponent is concluding that Ash has no chance, just for Ash to silently smirk.
    - First reaction when Krokorok came out: "Ash, don't dex that please."
    - Oshawott using rain dance without actually using rain dance was pretty effing awesome. I liked how Clay called Ash's battling style "sassy" XD
    - "Don't dex that either"
    - I'm starting to wish Snivy learned a new attack or something.
    - Been a while since we've seen Ash outwardly talking about being serious about his goal rather than just attaching his "oh by the way, I want to be a Pokemon Master" onto his introduction card. About time.
    - Iris is way too obsessed with type advantages. I swear 90% of her lines this episode were "but whhhhyyy is Ash using a water/grass/rock type against a water/ground type?" Makes me wish Pikachu pwned Excadrill back at that tournament.
    - Animation for Roggenrola evolving was so epic I rewinded it five times to watch again.
    - Funny how Ash already knew that it was a Boldore before taking out his pokedex. Maybe now we can assume he dexes pokemon out of habit rather than being a forgetful idiot.
    - Did Boldore just glomp Ash? Woah, the thing shows a personality. Hope it becomes a running gag like someone else said.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    Why did no one bring up Sturdy being able to nulify OHKO moves? The way the referee reacted it's like he didn't expect Roggenrola to live either but it did, would it kill them to reference WHY that happened, or are they planning to do it later in more epic fashion?
    I thought people here hated the constant "water is weak against fire, o noes! D: " commentary every 2 seconds. And the one time they don't do it we complain. No offense of course, but I was just glad they didn't feel the need to bring up sturdy's effects, the move Sandstorm, or what the heck attract is for the little kiddies.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Easily the best gym battle in Unova so far! Clay being so angry was kind of off-putting, but I loved every match!

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    Easily the best gym battle in Unova so far! Clay being so angry was kind of off-putting, but I loved every match!
    Attract is a cheap move when your not using it...So I got to sympathize with Clay on that part
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Attract is a cheap move when your not using it...So I got to sympathize with Clay on that part
    Yeah, true, but he should be used to all types of strategy from his opposition.

Sleep, paralysis, poison, confusion, and not limited to Attract.

The way he touted his Gamagaru as so powerful,(Yakon said), you'd expect he'd be at a level where his attacks could repel/neutralize status attacks, like Shooti's Janobii with Grass Mixer and Yakon's Doryuuzu's rapid spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Yeah, true, but he should be used to all types of strategy from his opposition.

Sleep, paralysis, poison, confusion, and not limited to Attract.

The way he touted his Gamagaru as so powerful,(Yakon said), you'd expect he'd be at a level where his attacks could repel/neutralize status attacks, like Shooti's Janobii with Grass Mixer and Yakon's Doryuuzu's rapid spin.
    Dude, how are you suppose to counter a move you never faced before? At least the anime makes it out that the gym leaders never know anything Ash pulls.

Ash: Tsutarja! Leaf Blade! -Clay:koosaku Spin
    Ash: Vine Whip Clay : Koosaku Spin
    Ash : Leaf Storm Clay : Kossaku Spin
    Ash : Attract Clay: Koosaku Spin
    Me: FUUUUUUU

Well the gym battle was O.K,but I think they can do a better job:x

I couldn't get over how powerful Clay's Palpitoad was. Boldore was amazingly strong as Well. I loved that little knee thing Palpitoad did, too! XD Overall, it was a good gym battle.

Guys, Ash was really smart to use attract. Clay is not used to stuff like that and was getting cocky, Ash used that to his advantage. It was actually a very strategic move on Ash's part. Especially since that Sludge Bomb could of been fatal for Snivy.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Seeing Roggenrola take that many attacks makes me shimmer at the prospect of how long it would take even to make Gigalith feel damage. JESUS that thing is a tank.

Snivy's status as a Pokemon is starting to bug me. The fact that it was previously owned still hasn't really been addressed, and for all its 'prior experience', already knowing Leaf Blade, etc, it's being outperformed by pretty much all of its teammates. What gives?
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidKirby View Post
    - Funny how Ash already knew that it was a Boldore before taking out his pokedex. Maybe now we can assume he dexes pokemon out of habit rather than being a forgetful idiot.
    Pokedex entry and because the Pokedex has other features than just naming the Pokemon and the Pokedex entry.

Look at a Pokemon's moveset is one of them.

Which is why Ash said "And it has new moves" as he put away his Pokedex.

I like how Ash's Palpitoad was mentioned, though I kind of hate how it was insulted.

Paraphrasing:
    Iris: That Palpitoad seems stronger than Ash's Palpitoad.

What Ash should respond with, if heard Iris:
    Ash: Oh thank you Iris, yeah I know I have weak and pathetic, would you like to come down here with YOUR POWERFUL POKEMON and take on Clay. No, really I insist Iris, show me what I'm doing wrong.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid
    Dude, how are you suppose to counter a move you never faced before? At least the anime makes it out that the gym leaders never know anything Ash pulls.
    To be fair any of Ash's opponents can tell their pokemon to use attract and Ash would have no clue either, even if it's a gym leader. Imagine if they had a gym that specialized in using charm and attract...that'd be interesting.

I don't care how Snivy won. I agree she could've taken that match without it but then there's the problem that it would require a heck of a lot more effort, time, and stamina. I'm sure some of us have spammed attract before to save energy for the next battle.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Pokedex entry and because the Pokedex has other features than just naming the Pokemon and the Pokedex entry.

Look at a Pokemon's moveset is one of them.

Which is why Ash said "And it has new moves" as he put away his Pokedex.
    Well yeah I know that, I watched the episode translated. I mean when he pokedexes a pokemon he's already seen and people whine that he's being forgetful and crap.

I like how Ash's Palpitoad was mentioned, though I kind of hate how it was insulted.

Paraphrasing:

Ash: Oh thank you Iris, yeah I know I have weak and pathetic, would you like to come down here with YOUR POWERFUL POKEMON and take on Clay. No, really I insist Iris, show me what I'm doing wrong.
    To be honest all of Iris' lines this episode kind of pissed me off.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Quote Originally Posted by Bulba the Great! View Post
    Snivy's status as a Pokemon is starting to bug me. The fact that it was previously owned still hasn't really been addressed, and for all its 'prior experience', already knowing Leaf Blade, etc, it's being outperformed by pretty much all of its teammates. What gives?
    Snivy didn't do any worse than Oshawott.

Paraphrasing:

To be honest all of Iris' lines this episode kind of pissed me off.
    Really? That seemed wrong to both of you? That she was worried that Ash would have a tough time? Why do people think Iris is a malicious person? Anybody could tell she was worried not berating Ash. It's not like she spit on his freaking Palpitoad for goodness sakes, get over it. She made an observation, it's called building the drama of the moment. And I don't even know what else she could have said that pissed people off, but people will hate on a character for anything now *shrug*.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

To be fair any of Ash's opponents can tell their pokemon to use attract and Ash would have no clue either, even if it's a gym leader. Imagine if they had a gym that specialized in using charm and attract...that'd be interesting.

I don't care how Snivy won. I agree she could've taken that match without it but then there's the problem that it would require a heck of a lot more effort, time, and stamina. I'm sure some of us have spammed attract before to save energy for the next battle.
    Ash half the time is a moron when it comes to attacks...plain and simple. Can't blame him though in Elesa's battle...since he probably didn't know his Palpitoad was male

I'll admit I do spam Attract if the time comes...otherwise I just attack head on

Paraphrasing:

Saying that Clay has a more powerful Palpitoad was an insult? Iris didn't say anything negative or insulting toward or about Ash's Palpitoad all she did was say that Clay's was more powerful by comparison, which IMO is true. The Ash response you made seems kind of defensive toward a harmless statement like that.

If Iris said something like: "Wow, Ash's Palpitoad really sucks, when looking at Clay's."
    That would be an insult in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-123 View Post
    Saying that Clay has a more powerful Palpitoad was an insult? Iris didn't say anything negative or insulting toward or about Ash's Palpitoad all she did was say that Clay's was more powerful by comparison, which IMO is true. The Ash response you made seems kind of defensive toward a harmless statement like that.

If Iris said something like: "Wow, Ash's Palpitoad really sucks, when looking at Clay's."
    That would be an insult in my book.
    ^This. I can't believe someone actually thought she was insulting Ash. Really?

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Dman_dustin said she insulted Palpitoad, not Ash.

The line kind of annoyed me as well, since I happen to like Palpitoad. Saying Clay's was better than Ash's was pointless and uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Dman_dustin said she insulted Palpitoad, not Ash.

The line kind of annoyed me as well, since I happen to like Palpitoad. Saying Clay's was better than Ash's was pointless and uncalled for.
    How was that an insult to Ash's Palpitoad? Even Cilan agreed with her that Clay's Palpitoad seemed strong, so apparently Ash is traveling with two jerks this region and they're not friends. Ridiculous.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    so apparently Ash is traveling with two jerks this region and they're not friends. Ridiculous.
    When did I say this?

I don't know how they could consider Clay's Palpitoad stronger then Ash's...

Yeah, that's the weird thing. They hadn't even seen Clay's battling before they judged it. :/

I mean, sure, it was to build up the drama of the moment, but they could have just said Clay's Palpitoad was stronger than Oshawott due to Oshawott being weakened by Krokorok. The comment about Ash's Palpitoad made no sense.

Meh how was that insutling Dman?

Satoshi was probably not hearing anyway.

The thing did seem stronger and had a lot of endurance, it hate a lot of super effective moves before going down, plus he beat Oshawott easly but Oshawott was tired already yeah.

She basicly said that Yakon Excadrill was strong then hers too or atleast her reaction made me think that.

Thing I thing she just said that by how confident the thing looked it came out yelling lol, I even said in another thread that it looked pretty cocky/confident in his powers.

She said seems and after seeing it battle I think it was stronger then Satoshi.

Why is this such an issue? It was one line. We know Ash's Palpitoad is strong, is it that hard to imagine that a gym leader's could possibly be stronger? I mean just look at Clay's Pokemon, they all had an intimidating appearance that was different from the others of their species so far. Case in point, look how much bigger and more intimidating Clay's Excadrill was compared to Iris's. I have to agree with her, based on appearances, Clay's Palpitoad did look stronger than Ash's. Now am I saying that Ash's Palpitoad isn't strong? No not at all, it's one of his strongest Pokemon.

Thank you Pepsi, I agree Clay's Palpitoad did look to be stronger than Ash's.
    Last edited by gohan5; 15th January 2012 at 2:29 AM.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast