Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Battling the King of the Mines! (722)

This was one of my favorite Gym battles over all, and my favorite so far in Unova. Roggenrola evolving made me happy, because Gigalith is my second favorite 5th gen Pokemon, and now he is one step closer. Now, I know that Boldore evolving into Gigalith is said to be unlikely, but "unlikely" doesn't mean it won't.
    3DS Friend Code: 1118-0538-5698
    Twitter Tumblr

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Roggenrola evolving was definitely the highlight of the ep. Hands down the best evolving animation in Pokemon history....thus far.
    Seriously>?

For me the highlight was the way Mijumaru actually listened to Ash and executed strategy in his battle vs. Yakon's Warubiru.

how much music did they keep in this episode?
    Last edited by ricedonut; 23rd May 2012 at 7:40 PM.

Black 2 FC: 1936 8543 0835
    Most of the time I will trade with Black 2.

[IMG]http://oi50.*******.com/rh4eme.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Challenges:

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64)

Japanese White 2 Team: *

English Black 2 Team: *

*MVP

Great episode and battle! Seeing Snivy getting a win against Palpitoad was very nice. Roggenrola evolving into Boldore was awesome, as well. Clay getting angry was hilarious, too.

You know, after the last few episodes with Clay, I couldn't help but think that he sounds familiar. And then it hit me...Clay is Yosamite Sam in disguise.
    If you play Pokemon with your favorites and don't rush through the game to start EV training, IV breeding, etc... I salute you.

Ozzy Hotspot Buster Zeke Stewie Sundae
    This is my Pokemon White team. I beat the gym leaders, the Elite Four, N, and Ghetis without evolving my Pokemon. I love this team.

Help me complete the National Pokedex!
    Current Status: 642/646 Still Need: , , ,
    Events up for trade: ASH , FEB2012 , TRU , TRU , 2012MAY , ALAMOS , TRU , Movie14
    Platinum FC: 4511-6675-9996
    HeartGold FC: 3654-3503-9839
    White FC: 3739-9038-0200

All those southernisms made me think of a character from a different cartoon who was also named Clay. That cartoon was on the same channel that Pokemon used to be on. And that Clay is also specializes in the Earth element.
    Last edited by Munchlax66; 13th May 2012 at 8:38 AM.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/ztynn7.png[/IMG]
    That's why Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchlax66 View Post
    All those southernisms made me think of a character from a different cartoon who was also named Clay. That cartoon was on the same channel that Pokemon used to be on. And that Clay is also specializes in the Earth element.
    You're thinking of Clay from Xiaolin Showdown

Also, did anyone else feel creeped out a when one of Clay's miners chuckled after saying "My boss's pokémon are all extremely powerful" to Ash?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

An excellent episode, I was stuck to my screen from beginning to end.

It's the battle for Ash's 5th gym badge against the King of the Mines, Clay. We began with Krokorok vs Oshawott where Oshawott showed determination and then finished Krokorok with a flourish of moves after a clever water gun into the hole that Krokorok had dug. Then Palpitoad vs Snivy where Snivy used Attract to immobilise her opponents and then destory Palpitoad with all those grass moves of hers. However, the star battle was Excadril vs Roggenrola but at first I was convinced that Pikachu was going to be sent out because of the lead into it with Pikachu being all fired up but we saw roggenrola instead which was a pleasant surprise (even though I would have loved a Pikachu victory too). It was clever that Roggenrola's sturdy came into its own against Excadrill's Horn Drill and then the Evolution, well never saw that coming from a mile off and I loved it. Then Boldore just put excadril on the scrap heap with it's new moves; Rock Smash and Rock Blast.

As I said, I loved it from beginning to end. On to the next episode!!!!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I liked this episode and considered it to be one of Ash's best gym battles of Unova so far and it's nice to see an evolution for his team.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Roggenrola's evolution was absolutely insane, best evolution i've ever seen on pokemon.

i still can't stop laughing at when Clay chewed Ash out after Palpitoad went down, talk about losing it.

Well this gym battle was marginally better than Ash's last gym battle. The only match I really enjoyed was Oshawott vs. Krokorok just cause that was a nice well planned out battle. It's depressing to see the writer fall back on Snivy owning every Pokemon it's put up against after it uses Attract, also relying on Ash's Pokemon to evolve in order too write ourselves out of a corner of a uber gym leader Pokemon. It would be ashame if we actually have Ash lose more than one gym battle in a region & then write good followup. Clay could've been written better, seriously your a gym leader you shouldn't be upset just cause the challenger used a strategy to win instead of a head to head battle.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Boldore is so cool. It's amazing that the best battle and best Pokemon on this show is on without a face.

My ideal battle ever!

Ash was actually good in this ep lol

Quote Originally Posted by Munchlax66 View Post

Xilion Showdown FTW
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/20p655d.jpg[/IMG]
    The Electrical Rainbow Princess of Unova

Ironic how every gym leader tells Ash to use strategy, but this one gets mad and says he should attack head on.
    Machismo blinds the eye, there Clay.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Roggenrola evolving was definitely the highlight of the ep. Hands down the best evolving animation in Pokemon history....thus far.
    I agree with you, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    If you're talking about those one-hit KO moves, Roggenrolla has Sturdy and is unhurt by them.
    Yes, he's unhurt by Horn Drill. But that's no reason why he should survive 87 Drill Runs.

Quote Originally Posted by G50 View Post
    Horn Drill itself has no effect on it, I already know that.

so no matter how many times it's used he won't be affected. Clay only used Horn Drill once. The move Roggenrola was hit 87 times by was Drill Run.

That's how the writers are portraying Horn Drill to be.
    Answers in bold.

When I saw Clay get all mad when Ash knocked out his second Pokemon that reminded me of Yosamity Sam from the Looney Toons :-P
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

This was a great episode. Probably one of the best gym battles of Best Wishes along with Skyla's and Brycen's.

this episode remained me alot about sinnoh.. cuz ash destroyed clay in that battle with his strategies .. same way in sinnoh with the gyms and leagues

Damn, really didn't like the voice change Boldore got in the dub. Other than that it was fine though, easily one of my favourite gym battles ever. In japanese
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I enjoyed the dub version, although I didn't really get a good hear of Boldore's voice, hopefully the other episode has a better portrayal of it so I can actually hear what it sounds like.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

The only good parts were Oshawott versus Krokorok and Snivy versus Excadrill.

Wow. That was an amazing episode and the first really memorable gym battle of Unova.

Oshawott did really well and has really become a more durable pokemon. Still surviving 3 attacks until it went down to Palpitoad. And dear god the animation was blissful here.
    Snivy's battle with Palpitoed was short, understandably. What was good about this is battle was Clay. It's refreshing to see a gym leader that focuses more on brute force than strategy, berates Ash and best of all, pays the price for his cockiness. I also always love whenever we have a flashback to a characters youth so i can laugh at how they didn't change at all in the past few years.
    In terms of animation this was the worst part of the episode, but Clay's character made up for that. Excadrill curbstomped Snivy and tanked Grass it's moves all day. Hopefull she learns Aqua Tail or something so this doesn't happen again. She can't rely on Attract forever.

Roggenrola's battle looked amazing, it felt a bit one-sided until the evolution. I think the only move that Roggenrola got in during the first part of that match was Sandstorm and even that was just to heighten it's defences for the onslaught. The evolution was done very well. The silence before the glow was tense and it was just epic. I really like BW's evolution style compared to previous seasons. And thankfully the animation picked up for this final battle. I do hope Boldore knocking over Ash becomes a running gag. The only bad thing about this is we might not see Ash with his Gigalith unless the anime ignores the trade evo thing. Anyway, Ash wins the badge and we know have Boldore, woop.

This episode really shows that Ash actually has a brain stem in battle and that Gym leaders can be memorable characters. Hopefully the 3 remaining gyms will be as good as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast