Page 2 of 208 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

I have twelve shinies, most of them came from trades.
    Doduo, Litwick(now Chandelure),Gyarados, and Sableye was my only shinies
    I saw a shiny tentacool, its gone :/
    I have now a
    Cresselia, Latios, Zoroark, Donphan, Reiniclus, Terrakion, Magnezone, and Espeon
    Also, getting 4 new shinies soon ^.^
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by g-rex View Post
    i wonder what made the creators of this game think of shiny pokemon.
    If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that the inspiration for shiny Pokemon came from Episode 21 of the anime. Before Gold and Silver were released, the anime had one:

Spoiler:- Episode 21: Bye Bye Butterfree:

That would be my guess as to what originally inspired shiny Pokemon since they didn't exist in Gen 1 of the games or manga, but did exist in the first season of the anime.

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 65
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 45 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27

Level 100 Pokémon #279: Bob Ross, the Smeargle
    Level: 65 • Exp.: 712,887 / 800,000 (89.11%) • Exp. Multiplier: 1.35x
    Move Set: Swift, Storm Throw, Shadow Sneak, Spore
    Ability: Technician • Nature: Lonely

The only shiny I remember encountering is.... a tentacool.... dissapointed
    Every story has an ending. Nothing lasts forever. Not any more.
    Read My Epic Fanfic -

Spoiler:- Thanks to DeadlyBraviary!:

I agree with the Butterfree-thing.
    Miscolour ALL the Pokemon!

I used to RNG in diamond but I got bored of that. So I MM my shinies on BW now. Also, I encountered a shiny oddish in Diamond. Thank god I caught it. Also, a shiny scyther via the Pokeradar :3
    Last edited by Cute; 8th January 2012 at 3:18 PM.

BW SHINIES:

72nd Egg120th Egg

Future MMs:

Currently MMing:

Follow me on Tumblr!

I personally like Shinies, they give me a reason to play the game after the E4. I used to chain in Pearl, but in SoulSilver and Black I've turned to Masuda breeding. It's hard, but worth it! I prefer shiny Pokémon with vibrant differences, it shows off how rare they are well and is very noticeable. At the moment, I have 50+ Shinies, and when I have all my targets, I'll have over 70.

However, I wish traditional hunters and RNGers would stop fighting and dissing each other, it's totally uncalled for! RNGed Shinies are not 'cheating', and traditional methods aren't 'dumb'. RNGed Shinies require timing skills and are good for battling with, traditionally caught Shinies need perseverance and are good for collecting and thrills. A shiny is a shiny, no matter what, unless it's hacked of course. =)

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

I own 4 shinies
    pichu
    bidoof
    gyrados
    stunfisk
    i also found a shiny tentacool but i killed it

I claim shiny noctowl! ironically

ive only got 3 shinies.

1 shiny gyrados
    1 shiny wynaut
    1 shiny smeargle

I don't hunt for shinies but if one shows up it really excits me, kinda like winning the lottery but not nearly as practical as a bunch of free money lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post

However, I wish traditional hunters and RNGers would stop fighting and dissing each other, it's totally uncalled for! RNGed Shinies are not 'cheating', and traditional methods aren't 'dumb'. RNGed Shinies require timing skills and are good for battling with, traditionally caught Shinies need perseverance and are good for collecting and thrills. A shiny is a shiny, no matter what, unless it's hacked of course. =)
    You know what, you're right. I apologize for sounding rude earlier. I still think shiny-hunting is a bit of a waste of time, but if that floats your boat, go for it. Even I am temtped to masuda method something just for the heck of it, despite being able to RNG eggs with huge ease.
    Guess I'm good at RNGing stuff.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/ekkuat.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

i think shinies r overrated. they have the same stats. ive played pokemon for years and ive only found 1 shiny pokemon. It was a rattata in HG. and i almost didnt even catch it lol.

Credit to MagicMochi

I've seriously considered RNGing for shinies but my favorite part of shiny hunting is the shock and surprise when you finally find one. It's like finding a hundred dollar bill on the ground. If I battled competitively I would RNG but I only shiny hunt so that I have something to do after beating the game. Also some shinies look really awesome.
    Credit ~ Dynablade, Mew_ ,+ LyreBirdGirl
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/14sduhg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/nf1gm9.png[/IMG]
    My shinies:20 eggs1,770 eggs2,030 eggsRNGx2Random
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ohlgtx.png[/IMG]Currently hunting: 2,160 eggs 3DS Friend Code: 0147-0138-4718
    Electric Safari (Dedenne, Pikachu, + Luxio)

It's great how nowadays, you can have all the shinies you want! Forget the Matsuda method and all this other time-consuming stuff. LOL
    Even though I can have all the shinies I want, I sometimes prefer to keep their original color
    Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6081 8633
    Pokemon White FC: 1721 2727 6172
    League of Legends: ElTazo

ok i have to ask, what is RNGing, im confused is that where you cheat to get the shiny?
    Desert Pokemon are magnificent Ninjas, they hide in the sand waiting and watching, then when you least expect it, they attack and drag you under the sand...
    credits to Xtroph

Shinies are like Gold walking (Except now they're Social ._.). I perfer normal Registeel over Shiny, however.
    Meh, working on sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm Dragon Master View Post
    ok i have to ask, what is RNGing, im confused is that where you cheat to get the shiny?
    No, that's called Pokegen/Action Replay.
    RNG Abuse is predicting the game's algorithms with a computer software to see the exact date/hour a shiny and/or perfect pokémon will be produced. If you've found wild shinies in the past, you've RNG abused without even realizing it.
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

how exactly does that work, because up until now i've only chained and Masuda Methoded ? (not sure on the spelling)
    Desert Pokemon are magnificent Ninjas, they hide in the sand waiting and watching, then when you least expect it, they attack and drag you under the sand...
    credits to Xtroph

I'm sorry, but it's way too complicated to explain in a single post. I could link you to some cool guides via PM if you want me to. Then again, rng abuse is really complicated the first times around and takes a lot of patience and trial-and-error.

I have too many shiny's to name however I would say my proudest shiny would be my Shiny Zen Mode Darmanitan that I ran into first encounter. It was so cool. And Dragon Master I wouldn't recommend RNG unless you have a LOT of time on your hands. It took me forever to learn and I still don't get it. It had been several months so I finally gave up.

^ Took me around a week to master it. Several months? Something's not right about it.

Either it's just really hard or I'm really stupid.

My guess is you got confused when following your guides. Happens to most people, me included.

I just found out a few weeks ago that I don't have the right DS anyway. Oh well. I'm still really good at finding shinies.

When I was younger I remember always seening shinys but had no idea what they were and just ran away. Now I can not fine a shiny to save my life.

Okay I've seen posts about people finding shinies on the GTS but every shiny I've seen on there asks for a Lv. 9 and under Zekrom or Reshiram or something impossible like that. So how are these people finding shinies on there? Do you keep searching until you find one that you can actually trade for or what?
    Credit ~ Dynablade, Mew_ ,+ LyreBirdGirl
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/14sduhg.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/nf1gm9.png[/IMG]
    My shinies:20 eggs1,770 eggs2,030 eggsRNGx2Random
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ohlgtx.png[/IMG]Currently hunting: 2,160 eggs 3DS Friend Code: 0147-0138-4718
    Electric Safari (Dedenne, Pikachu, + Luxio)

Page 2 of 208 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast