Page 121 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 5193

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

All of you people with your luck. How about sharing?

Congrats to everyone with their recent shinies.

As for me, still hunting on Route 110. I hope something shines soon. ;;

wow alot of great shines latley sad on those missed ones
    I don't seem to want to keep one hunt to the end on my HG. After 365 SR on my abra I decided to Restart my game and try and get another shiny Johto starter... man I wish I could keep going on one quest.
    Still on chargestone cave 600 or so Re-Enters
    Good luck to all hunts and
    *May the shine be with you*
    FC: 5129-0703-6916
    I'm always keen for battles, PM if you want
        Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Credit: Varanus for the Shiny Card. Dragonitor for the Userbar. Brutakablaziken for the mudkip userbar
    Thanks so much!
    May the shine be with you!

I finally met a shiny Cacturne, and captured it.
    It had a bad nature, but I doubt I would've used it anyways

Good morning everyone. I took a profile pic of my new shiny Beldum.

Spoiler:- Shiny Beldum:

I now have only two soft reset shinies left that I need in Ruby; Castform and Kecleon, so I'm going to start SR'ing for a shiny Castform in Ruby 2 (I'm still hunting for an underwater shiny in Ruby 1).

I also managed to get to 3500 encounter for my next HG badge quest shiny last night.

Good luck with your hunting guys. Hope your Rayquaza shines soon, Gustavo.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    You know, I'm always slightly confused when people ask, "Gasp! How do you count the soft resets?! Tell me your amazing secret method!"

Er... we count them by... counting them. Keeping count, adding together... isn't this basic mathematics? Really, am I missing something here - why are people so baffled by the concept of keeping count of numbers and then adding them together? O.o

Really. You don't even need a calculator. Can't you keep count in your head? You do 50 encounters. You write it down. You do another 50 encounters, you add it to the previous 50, you're now at 100 encounters. You write that down. Congratulations; you've mastered the extremely difficult task of counting numbers, adding them together and writing it down on a notebook/notebook file on your computer.

Well done.

.... >__>

In other news, I haven't found any new shinies recently. But during the day I'm hunting for Snorlax, Beldum and Slowpoke, and at night I'm hunting for my next Heart Gold badge quest shiny. Congrats on all the new shinies; especially the two shinies in one day, Zane, it's great when that happens. ^.^
    Haha, that made me laugh for some reason! Thanks for the congrats, by the way! It sounds really bad, like I got them both so easily ... but the amount of hunting I've done on HG with nothing appearing sort of counter balances it, in a way. What I mean is that it's not as if I just turned on a Pokemon game once in a blue moon and got something. I just happened to be lucky and turn on the right game for something to appear. It still feels completely insane to me, though!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    ... congrats Zane on the two shinies!
    Thanks, and good luck to you, Aqua!

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I know I have not been posting, sorry everyone. Congratulations to the plethora of people who got some lovely shinies, Zane Clarthy, PPL, and others.

Currently still RE'ing in SS for my BQ with no luck. I am switching up routes every so often just for a change of scene. I also want to be surprised at which shiny finally appears ^_^
    Thanks, Pocketmonstre! And don't worry, I'll forgive you for not posting. Good luck to you, and good idea switching it up a bit! Sometimes things can get very tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Very nice!

I noticed that the lightning effects made Rapidash's fire on the first picture look like they were more blue than grey.
    I wish they would have made it that colour instead of that grey :/
    Almost makes me not want to evolve shiny Ponyta if I ever get one, but then, I'd feel forced to fully evolve it, haha.

So now you got two female shiny Rapidash?
    I think we can both agree that a male one would have been better. :/

Congrats though.
    Thanks Pingouin! Yeah, I agree ... I particularly thought the Rapidash's eye looked really blue. It's a strange effect. It's strange that they changed the colour from the GSC days, but I do think that the grey does look quite appealing, too. You get used to it. And yeah, why couldn't it have been a male?! I agree with you there, too. I'd already evolved my shiny Ponyta into a Rapidash, but oh well!

So, you're the same, huh? I have to fully evolve my shinies, too, because otherwise it feels like wasted potential.

Good luck with whatever you're hunting.

I'm hatching eggs in White at the moment ... trying for that Cottonee.

Good luck to everyone else, and congratulations on those latest shinies ... the Adamant Starly, CoD's Maractus, Helio's Beldum, and everyone else!

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

150 eggs in on this MM hunt. Does anybody else SR for their eggs? Im trying this method of hatching 5 and then resetting. DOnt really feel like emptying my boxes for eggs. On one of my resets all 5 of my riolu hatched female. What are the odds of that happening? Haha

Hey guys, i got work done tday, hatched a box and am working on a second. Total eggs hatched 246, good luck to all gl =D
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    150 eggs in on this MM hunt. Does anybody else SR for their eggs? Im trying this method of hatching 5 and then resetting. DOnt really feel like emptying my boxes for eggs. On one of my resets all 5 of my riolu hatched female. What are the odds of that happening? Haha
    That's how I always hunt for my masuda method shinies. I don't see the point in storing hundreds of eggs...

Right now I'm not really shiny hunting, I'm off to watch the Real Madrid vs Man City match, while collecting lots of the EV-giving wings in my UK Black - though I could always run into a shiny Ducklett while I'm at it. Later on I'll be doing more hunting in HG for my next badge quest shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    That's how I always hunt for my masuda method shinies. I don't see the point in storing hundreds of eggs...

Right now I'm not really shiny hunting, I'm off to watch the Real Madrid vs Man City match, while collecting lots of the EV-giving wings in my UK Black - though I could always run into a shiny Ducklett while I'm at it. Later on I'll be doing more hunting in HG for my next badge quest shiny.
    Many a time have I contemplated doing a Ducklett RE hunt.. it would mostly be for the EV wings with the excuse that I am "hunting" shiny Ducklett.

Anyway, Route 32 RE hunt is still going strong. A hoppip would be nice

I am not sure if I will continue with my Soul Silver BQ once BW2 come out, because I kind of want to do a Black 2 Badge Quest and having two at once would be a little frustrating for me. Also my MM targets (Glameow, etc.) are on halt until I purchase and beat White 2.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Actually, 32,768.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

I'm actually focusing almost exclusively on hunting the birds as of late, as I only have a limited time left with two DS systems (brother goes back to uni on Friday), so I'm hoping one shines before then so I can transfer it over...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

WHATT O_O!? Ok, so as some of you might know I decided to take a break from hunting after I got Maractus. Today I decided to breed a modest Litwick with good IV's, and after a few eggs this happens!!!

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...deathlight.jpg

I'm in total shock! This is my 3rd random NON MM shiny I've gotten! Its Naive nature so everstone didn't work but its still a good nature for it so I'll definitely being using it. Its crazy how this always seems to happen when I take breaks from hunting but I'm really happy about it and can't wait to evolve it into a beautiful Chandelure. Good luck everyone and gratz on the recent shinies!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/9/14
    Total Shinies: 260

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    WHATT O_O!? Ok, so as some of you might know I decided to take a break from hunting after I got Maractus. Today I decided to breed a modest Litwick with good IV's, and after a few eggs this happens!!!

I'm in total shock! This is my 3rd random NON MM shiny I've gotten! Its Naive nature so everstone didn't work but its still a good nature for it so I'll definitely being using it. Its crazy how this always seems to happen when I take breaks from hunting but I'm really happy about it and can't wait to evolve it into a beautiful Chandelure. Good luck everyone and gratz on the recent shinies!

Give me your luck. Now! Congrats on what must be your 4th shiny this month? Lost count...
    Current Hunts

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Very nice congrats! I hope I get that lucky with my hunt. ^.^
    Pokemon Y Friend Code : Jamie 3582 9560 5564
    Friend Safari: Fighting= Machoke, Throh, Riolu
    Check out my shiny album: http://s9.beta.photobucket.com/user/...mies%20Shinies
    Current Shiny Hunt-Misdreavus

My Shiny Pokemon (all caught or hatched by me)

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    So, you're the same, huh? I have to fully evolve my shinies, too, because otherwise it feels like wasted potential.
    Yup!
    I consider myself lucky to not have gotten a male shiny Ralts in Gen III. Otherwise, I would have fully evolved it and then we'd have heard about Gallade :/
    Then there's also Magneton. If I got a shiny Magnemite/Magneton before Gen IV was announced, I would've trained it to Lv. 100 without knowing it'd have an evolution later :P

Good luck with whatever you're hunting.
    Thanks!
    Still hunting for that "secret" target I mentioned a week or so ago.
    I can dual SR for it, so I'm hoping this can make it faster.

(Though for the moment I'm a little bit busy RNGing for an ID number of 00001 in Diamond)

I totally agree, since it seems any of us takes a break from our hunt, we find a different shiny. Still, an awesome shiny, and definitely worth training.

After this hunt of nearly 2 months, I've realized that my hunt has only really motivated me finish my homework faster. Maybe I should have long hunts more often.
    Of course I want my shiny as soon as possible, but at least something good is coming out of it. Congrats on all the other shinies, and good luck everyone!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

(Though for the moment I'm a little bit busy RNGing for an ID number of 00001 in Diamond)
    I just want to say that I got that ID number in a Sapphire file once. Didn't find any shinies in it though - and I spent about a month hunting in it during my five month shiny Mudkip hunt (I didn't even see any uncatchable shiny Poochyena :P )

I'm now at 4000 encounters for my next HG badge quest shiny, and I'm about to go to sleep, seeing as it's almost 1am here. Lol, good night guys, and congrats on new shinies. That shiny Litwick is really beautiful. *_*

Yup!
    I consider myself lucky to not have gotten a male shiny Ralts in Gen III. Otherwise, I would have fully evolved it and then we'd have heard about Gallade :/
    Then there's also Magneton. If I got a shiny Magnemite/Magneton before Gen IV was announced, I would've trained it to Lv. 100 without knowing it'd have an evolution later :P
    When Yanmega was revealed, I remember thinking it must be sucks for those who already have lv 100 Shiny Yanma.......

Hey, me too. Minccino, Pichu, and Eevee are the only exception so far, Minccino because I like the pink more than Cinccino's shiny color, Pichu because it is the event one, and Eevee because I only have one (it's a different story if I have enough Shiny Eevee for a complete set)

anyway, still MM-ing for Squirtle, 1370 Squirtle eggs, still no shiny yet.....

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I'm in total shock! This is my 3rd random NON MM shiny I've gotten!
    Wow, that's awesome!

Yup!

Thanks!
    Still hunting for that "secret" target I mentioned a week or so ago.
    I can dual SR for it, so I'm hoping this can make it faster.
    It's funny, because I was just thinking something similar about Gothorita and the entire Goth line. It makes me wonder why they didn't have a male evolution already ... I don't begin to know how the inner workings of making a game are, but I think it seems kind of silly/lazy to me to not have a male counterpart to something that clearly looks extremely feminine, especially when they've already done that in another gen.

Gothorita is appearing where I happen to be at the moment, and I was urging the game to not give me a shiny male one ... if it ever happens to appear, of course. I would sit on that shiny forever, not wanting to evolve it all the way, just in the vain hope that they may make a male evolution. But, at the same time I would always feel like he hadn't reached his full potential. And it's like that with other Pokemon, too ... like my shiny Sableye, for example ... or my Farfetch'd. Are they ever going to make evolutions or not. I have no idea whether a Sableye even needs one, but it would suck to have a shiny level 100 Sableye and an evolution is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    When Yanmega was revealed, I remember thinking it must be sucks for those who already have lv 100 Shiny Yanma.......

anyway, still MM-ing for Squirtle, 1370 Squirtle eggs, still no shiny yet.....
    Yanma does look amazing, but yeah, I agree for sure.

Good luck with Squirt.

Friend Codes:

So, how many "revenge shinies" have you guys got ?

I've got 3:
    1) Bronzor: It was the first time that I encountered a bronzor (and back then, I didn't know there was such a thing as shiny pokemon), so I didn't know the colour was different from usual, and I thought that pokemon species had a cool sparkly animation. And I killed it. It wasn't until later that I found out it was a "shiny".
    2) Rattata: I encountered a shiny Rattata in SS's Safari zone (of all places!), my heart jumped and I thought: Oh yeah, this one is mine, rattata's capture chance has to be high as it's such a common pokemon. I threw a ball, rattata came out...and fled... /sad.
    3) Joltik: (as you may have read a page ago), never noticed I encountered one, until I saw the shiny form in my pokedex.

Oh and I' currently over 4k SR for Johto starter on HG and over 7k for Giratina on Diamond.
        Spoiler:- Current hunt and shinies:

Latest Shinies:

Click here to see the vids!

Spoiler:- Friendcode:

Spoiler:- Currently looking for::

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzardy View Post
    So, how many "revenge shinies" have you guys got ?

3) Joltik: (as you may have read a page ago), never noticed I encountered one, until I saw the shiny form in my pokedex.
    Yeah, that Joltik story really sucks. Sorry to hear it. It makes me wonder whether I should look at my pokedex or keep it a mystery! I think I'd be really mad at not paying enough attention, otherwise. But I think I've been pretty good with ensuring that I check each and every encounter and have the music up and remain as vigilant as I can since the Platinum episode ... which may or may not have happened. Read on and I'll explain!

Okay, so the first ever shiny I think I ran into was a Sunkern in Gold or Silver. I distinctly recall the screen making this weird flashing thing, and the Sunkern appearing. I thought it might have used an item like Quick Claw or something! This happened before I ran into the Red Gyarados, and with Sunkern being so similar in colour to a normal one I didn't really pay much attention. I can't even recall if I caught it or what. I think I might have and left it in the PC. It was only years later that I learnt about shiny Pokemon, and somehow my mind went back to that moment ... probably not even straight away, but I eventually remembered some strange encounter with a Sunkern.

So, yeah, whether it was caught or not doesn't really matter anymore, as the shiny was lost with the switch to the next gen regardless. It's not really a high priority at the moment to capture one.

Second one that got away was that one that I'm sure a lot of you have encountered yourselves at different times when you have been hunting for a Hoenn starter! A shiny male Poochyena appeared for me one afternoon when I was hunting for my shiny Treecko, Kreeper. It actually shocked me. This was early on in the piece, so I was not even sure I could successfully find a shiny via SRing. So, when I saw it scroll across the screen, I recall feeling really shocked to see that SRing had actually worked for me ... well, worked isn't the best term, because it wasn't my starter to shine, sadly. I really do hope to get a shiny Pooch one day, but I want to hatch for one to give it some decent moves or something.

And finally, the Platinum episode. This may or may not have happened, and I have no way of proving it ... and I also don't know how sure I am it happened. It's the reason why I watch every encounter and have my music up on my game from then on. I was hunting in the Desert, hoping for something to appear, as there's some beautiful Pokemon there ... Someone was chatting to me at the time ... I can't recall who it was, and I was surfing the net. A Rhydon appeared, but I hadn't actually seen the beginning of the battle. Nah, it wasn't shiny, I thought, as I glanced at it. The shiny is a reddish brown colour. I attacked it, and KOed it, and as it dropped I looked down again and it looked really pale, like really off, if you know what I mean. I sort of thought, "That looks really washed out or something." The problem was I wasn't actually looking at the DS face on, either, so my mind raced a bit as they tend to do. Maybe it was just the way I was holding the DS ... sometimes the screen colours get all weird at different angles. I sort of shrugged, thinking that I was probably just seeing things and because I was so sure a shiny Rhydon looked reddish brown, I didn't fret too much. It just stuck with me as sort of odd.

However, I came here to Serebi later on that day, because I got really curious. Also, sometimes when I'm hunting, even though I know what the shiny form looks like, I come to the Pokedex and look up the forms just for a bit of inspiration or to study them so that I can see that so and so has pink toes instead of white, or whatever. Anyway, I was still expecting to see that a shiny Rhydon looked reddish brown, and got a shock when I saw the real shiny version. I'm 90% sure it was a real shiny now, but I have no way to prove it, and I guess just not knowing for certain it was a real shiny makes me not stress about it so much. If I knew for certain it was a real shiny, I would have been pretty upset.

It still makes me want to "reclaim" the 50/50 shiny Rhydon, though!

Friend Codes:

I've had one revenge shiny: my shiny golbat. I lost her when my game froze and I didn't save.
    Last edited by SnazzySwampert; 20th September 2012 at 1:07 PM.
    Shinies:

HG Nuzlocke League!

Credit goes to Brutaka for the awesome banners!

With all these stories of lost shinies, add mine to the pile:
    In 2006-2007, in Emerald, I was walking around in the grass on Route 121 in the morning, before school.
    That's where I encountered a shiny Male Oddish, which was Sassy nature.

Then later on in that time span, I received a Gameshark, and started to use sooo many cheats I eventually got myself permanently stuck in a door at the E4. Oops!

The good thing, though, is that a year or so later, I ran into a shiny female oddish in Diamond, which turned out to be Modest-natured.

Needless to say, I was able to reclaim even better than that lost shiny Belossom

I had lost shinies too, but I've reclaimed it.

- Shiny Zigzagoon and Tentacool : found in a fake copy of Ruby around the time when Ruby & Sapphire are the only Gen 3 games, back then I didn't know anything about fake carts, and eventually the save file erased itself along with my prized lv 100 non-shiny Wailord, my very first Latios, and those two shinies.
    I still haven't train up another Wailord (though I do have a Shiny Wailord now) and I already got a few other Latios (and one of them is Shiny, as you can see in my sig), but it's not until years later that I found a Shiny Zigzagoon in my Emerald (specifically, either last year or sometime at the beginning of this year) and I found a Shiny Tentacool in my HeartGold around the same time.

- Shiny Oddish : found it in Emerald's Safari Zone. You should already know what happens next. I've reclaimed it, though. Got one via the GTS, but since it is male, I evolved it into Vileplume (male Bellosom just looks way too odd to me)

- Shiny Azumarill : found it as a Marill in yet another fake copy, this time it's Emerald, which turns out to be just a Japanese version being translated horribly. This time I knew it is a fake cart, I bought it just to get a few Pokemon, but it turns out to be a bad fake copy. Eventually the save file erases itself, along with the untradable Shiny Azumarill (untradable because it is a Japanese version, just translated in a very bad way). I eventually got one through the GTS. By the way, the fake Emerald I'm talking here is not the same as the one I mentioned above where I found the Shiny Oddish. The one with the Shiny Oddish is an original english version one.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Did find a shiny Golduck many moons ago on my Black, apparently. Didn't know at the time, so I may well have slaughtered it... Won't be reclaiming it due to the fact Golduck is a terrible shiny... (Cue shiny Psyduck on my Black 2 badge quest when I start it...)
    Current Hunts

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Page 121 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast