Page 11 of 208 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Today I lost a shiny Zubat do to a crit form my slakoth. I sulked about it a bit but then I realized that I wanted a shiny torchic and just restarted my file. Sigh I wanted that green zubat.
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Stupid spiritomb/tepig...

Il finish that some other time, eggs take a year to hatch

Tommorow im ganna SR a cranidos

I actually own I surprising amount of shiny pokemon, even not counting the events, RNG's, trades, lost pokemon, and such that I have/had, most of which have been on my competitive team at one point or another:

Flygon - First Masada Method shiny, at about 6 eggs or so
    Lilligant - One of my most precious shinies (despite her mediocrity in battle), took at least 1000 eggs
    Hydreigon - Got at around 200-300 eggs I think
    Gothitelle - 200-300 eggs
    Sableye - Another of my most precious shinies, first Dream World shiny, took anywhere from 100 to 300 eggs
    Jellicent - 500-600 eggs, don't really use often
    Gallade/Gardevoir - Both took around 300 eggs a piece, Gardevoir seems to be more useful in battle
    Quilava/Typhlosion - Both were my first Soft Reset and Starter shinies, and only took around 50-100 SR's
    Zangoose - Probably the oldest shiny I own, having been the only shiny I chained on a lost Platinum file, got it at around 60 or so
    Cottonee - My most recent Masada Method shiny, at around 300 eggs or so

Hopefully I'll end up getting more soon, been in kind of a drought lately (combined with more interest in other games).
        Spoiler:- Shiny info, Friend Code:

I just started hunting again after about a 8-9 month hiatus. I forgot how much fun it is. It's going to be a great way for me to pass this week long recovery from surgery a lot better.
    Not sure what to hunt though. As of right now I am on Route 11 (Black Version), hoping for a shiny Gligar or a shiny Zangoose.

Any suggestions on where I should hunt? I'm really up for anything.

My favorite shiny that I own is the in the userbar in my sig.
    Like Nuzlockes? Check out my YouTube channel!

I've been on a hiatus as well. Getting back into it and picking up my shiny Tirtouga hunt and I do not know how many eggs I've done. I fill all my empty boxes which is about 10 and make sure they're all filled on the same day so the RNG doesn't get reset then take my time hatching them because that is bloody tedious.

As for shinies I own... I have to say I own a fair few. My first was a Buneary in Diamond then a Magikarp in Platinum. Those are my only random encounters that were 100% surprise the rest are chained, SR, MM, event or trade.

Not many are traded for, I like to get my own but when I have chained spares for trade they are the return offer so why not?

My favourites and most precious to me are following.

Lugia - 5K+ SRs
    Ho-oh - 2.5k+ SRs
    Charizard - 11 eggs MM D/Pt
    Dratini - 1k+ eggs MM SS
    Suicune - 10k+ SRs (a-hole)
    Haxorus - 600-800 eggs cannot remember
    Umbreon - Trade however over GTS and my first shiny after my first 2 random encounters, looks legit and is a very charming Umbreon. :3
    Metagross - Chained after 2 hours of pain in Plat. First Beldum I ran away from by accident.
    Tyranitar - Chain of 7 in Plat. One of my favourite pokemon and my favourite and lucky number is 7 so it is a very special pokemon.
    Latias - Another GTS find for a normal lv 30-40 Altaria o.O. Had her checked out and she looks legit.
    Furret - I chained 3 Sentret in Plat and one of them had flawless Atk and Spd. This one I evolved and cherish.
    Eevee - VGC event that I had to hunt down on these forums as the date it was obtained and the date the event was held is on my birthday and I didn't get to go.
    Salamence - Chain of 3 HOWEVER the shiny Bagon appeared in a non shiny patch making it a 100% 1/8192 shiny. Made my day that did.

I have a couple boxes worth of shinies and they're all precious to me but... I'm not going to list them all right now. I've managed to track down a legit Kyogre, Dialga and Relicanth from trades which are some more of my favoured traded shinies. Hunting on the GTS is fun then if you get a hack it's good to erase it and make sure it's not going to be spread around. Also some hacks are funny with odd moves.

Like I said though, I much prefer getting my own and I really hope to find another random encounter one day, the element of surprise is the best part and trading for them takes that away.

EDIT: 700th post xD only fitting it's a shiny related one for me!

My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

I know this is probably not the place for this question but noone is browsing the area where I need to post this. So.. on with the question. Yes, I am playing black and white right now and MMing for shinies (currently have haunter, tepig, scraggy, emolga, and going for larvesta atm) BUT, I would like to MM on HeartGold as well and was wondering if anyone owns a Ditto that is outside of the U.S.A. that they would like to trade me in HG?

I have Diamond
    My shinies from Kanto(I'm on my 3ds so my fingers/hands are going to die if I must type them all):
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Weedle
    Dragonite
    Mewtwo
    Kabuto
    Tentacruel
    Machamp
    Kakuna
    Beedrill
    Charizard
    Magnemite
    Magneton
    Snorlax
    Electabuzz
    Gastly
    Aerodactyl
    Gyarados
    Hitmonlee
    Chansey
    Eevee
    Cubone
    Nidoqueen
    Nidorina
    Geodude
    (Soon Porygon)

*3DS FC: 4854-6647-2058. IGN is Sietse.

Deleting posts, and reposting just so you can be the last one who posted is pathetic :l

@ Alkedama: I'm afraid I can't help you with that personally but have a good look around the GTS and see if any good foreign deals show up. I would also recommend looking for for foreign pokemon of the same kind or egg group, it makes a difference in the egg production speeds as in it is quicker. However at least Ditto can be used for everything but if you can't find one have a look for the same species/egg group pokemon until you secure yourself a Ditto.

Alternatively there is a 4th gen trade section on Serebii which you might prefer.

My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

I'll post my Johto and Hoenn shinies in 1 long-list post:
    Totodile
    Typhlosion
    Raikou
    Tyrogue
    Marill
    Azumarill
    Corsola
    Houndoom
    Ursaring
    Blissey
    Larvitar
    Elekid
    Yanma
    Treecko
    Ho-oh
    Zangoose
    Seviper
    Kirlia
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Deoxys
    Jirachi (non-legit)
    Latias
    Latios
    Metagross
    Metang
    Beldum
    Spheal
    Aggron
    Breloom
    Linoone
    Exploud

*3DS FC: 4854-6647-2058. IGN is Sietse.

Deleting posts, and reposting just so you can be the last one who posted is pathetic :l

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrotek View Post
    I just started hunting again after about a 8-9 month hiatus. I forgot how much fun it is. It's going to be a great way for me to pass this week long recovery from surgery a lot better.
    Not sure what to hunt though. As of right now I am on Route 11 (Black Version), hoping for a shiny Gligar or a shiny Zangoose.

Any suggestions on where I should hunt? I'm really up for anything.

My favorite shiny that I own is the in the userbar in my sig.
    Chargestone Cave. If you go in there, you usually get lost, meaning you can probably find a shiny.

Name: Tacho
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by Pucca_ness View Post
    @ Alkedama: I'm afraid I can't help you with that personally but have a good look around the GTS and see if any good foreign deals show up. I would also recommend looking for for foreign pokemon of the same kind or egg group, it makes a difference in the egg production speeds as in it is quicker. However at least Ditto can be used for everything but if you can't find one have a look for the same species/egg group pokemon until you secure yourself a Ditto.

Alternatively there is a 4th gen trade section on Serebii which you might prefer.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know that having the opposite gender makes it go quicker but I enjoy only having to look on the GTS once and be done with it. I was just afraid everyone was playing black and white and not paying attention to HG and SS. I have not looked therefor do not know what the activity is like nowadays on the GTS in HS and SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkedama View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know that having the opposite gender makes it go quicker but I enjoy only having to look on the GTS once and be done with it. I was just afraid everyone was playing black and white and not paying attention to HG and SS. I have not looked therefor do not know what the activity is like nowadays on the GTS in HS and SS.
    Yeah, keep looking on the GTS for a foreign Poke'. I got a foreign Beheeyem the other day, and the PC box I keep the spare Elgyems in is called 'Area 51'.

There's nothing like watching the pokemon anime while hatching eggs to make shiny hunting less mundane.

Default My shinies

As you can see by my profile, I've got several shinies, each with its own story to tell

Shinies I purposefully looked for
    Spoink-The moment I found out what its shiny looked like, I was like "ME WANTIE!" Took two hours of searching for the black orbed-Spoink. Hence the name: Blackorb
    Suicune-Took 11 days SRing for the blue-maned Suicune. Given the later release of the crown beasts, this was a waste of time. Called Eusine
    Rayquaza-In a day. I actually thought it would take longer. Called Ziz Prime(Rayquaza is based off the ziz)

Shinies that caught me by surprise
    Golbat and Machoke-Found in Leafgreen. I called Machoke Hilary and Golbat Blackbat
    Spinda-Traded this away some time ago
    Quagmire-Caught this in Platinum, in THE SAFARI ZONE. I was like "oh, it's just a normal Qua- holy WTFBBQ its pink?!" My heart was pounding. Throw one ball? FAIL. Oh god I'm not going to capture it. Throw two ball? WIN. Praise JEBUS!
    Camerupt-I was busy levelling up my team. Then a black camel appeared. I threw my Mball at it, since the only swiper would've been pwned and all other Pokemon would've pwned it. In hindsight I should've just throwed balls at it
    Golbat-I caught it in Black/White/Whatever. Yeah, another Golbat. I evolved this one

All over shiny count? 8 now, 14 if you count the two sets of crown beasts you get on WiFi, and 15 if you also count the Spinda I traded
    X team:

Emerald team:
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) (trade)
    Friend code: 4556-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12

Pokedex: 718 out of 719 obtained. Only Genesect is left

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    As you can see by my profile, I've got several shinies, each with its own story to tell

Shinies I purposefully looked for
    Spoink-The moment I found out what its shiny looked like, I was like "ME WANTIE!" Took two hours of searching for the black orbed-Spoink. Hence the name: Blackorb
    Suicune-Took 11 days SRing for the blue-maned Suicune. Given the later release of the crown beasts, this was a waste of time. Called Eusine
    Rayquaza-In a day. I actually thought it would take longer. Called Ziz Prime(Rayquaza is based off the ziz)

Shinies that caught me by surprise
    Golbat and Machoke-Found in Leafgreen. I called Machoke Hilary and Golbat Blackbat
    Spinda-Traded this away some time ago
    Quagmire-Caught this in Platinum, in THE SAFARI ZONE. I was like "oh, it's just a normal Qua- holy WTFBBQ its pink?!" My heart was pounding. Throw one ball? FAIL. Oh god I'm not going to capture it. Throw two ball? WIN. Praise JEBUS!
    Camerupt-I was busy levelling up my team. Then a black camel appeared. I threw my Mball at it, since the only swiper would've been pwned and all other Pokemon would've pwned it. In hindsight I should've just throwed balls at it
    Golbat-I caught it in Black/White/Whatever. Yeah, another Golbat. I evolved this one

All over shiny count? 8 now, 14 if you count the two sets of crown beasts you get on WiFi, and 15 if you also count the Spinda I traded
    I hope you realize you said 'Quagmire' instead of Quagsire.

Shiny Larvesta is being a beast to hatch. This has been one of my longest hunts! (MMing)

My first shiny was a shiny Graveler on Platinum and he tried to use selfdrestruct.....thank God I had a pkmn that negated it.

Credit to pkmnfn for the brillant banner
    I have claimed the King of Slow
    Slowking!

Lololololol
    Imma hunt all 15 starters. Starting water first. Damn you nonshiny squirtle

I got a bunch, only from trading and random encounters.
    Trading:
    - Torchic, Chikorita, Deino, Axew, Shaymin, Snivy

Random Encounter
    - NON LOG Gyarados (Diamond), Beautifly (Diamond), Bidoof (Diamond), Aerodactyl (Diamond), Lilligant (White)
    So to count them up: 11
    And as you can see my Diamond is my lucky game. Currently MM'ing Litwick. I think I already reached over 1000 eggs and I've been busy with it for more then 10 days. C'mon .....Shine for me you annoying candle.
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

@RedJirachi: You lucky guy, you have epic black Rayquaza >.<.

I have had two RE shinys in Silver- a Machop and a Rattata.

And other than them I've never gotten a shiny. Ever.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Trying to MM this Cottonee.
    200+ eggs and still nothing yet.
    Y U NO SHINE?!

I have never seen a Shiny in my time of Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platnum, White I'm getting a trade for a shiny Dratini though
    You guys are so lucky!

My first shiny was a RE Foongus. I was so excited, since it's purple! xD
    Now I'm trying to MM a shiny Absol. I've done 15 PC boxes full of hatched Absols. So...30x15?
    *Goes find calculator*

450 eggs hatched, give or take a few. ;3
    Hello(:
    I like collecting Pokemon.
    I'm offering to give some Pokemon away for free. Most of them are level one's that I've bred or commons/uncommons from older generations. In return, I'd like pretty much any Pokemon that isn't from Unova. Thanks in advance!
        Spoiler:- Specific Pokemon I'm giving away for free:

Currently playing through: Soul Silver

After 311 eggs, I have found the green-winged Skarmory.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChedWick View Post
    I'm not a racist; I get called a racist but I consider myself an equal opportunity hater.

idk if i posted my shiny friends here but i wish someone would hand me: Shiny Sewaddle, Shiny Pidove, and Shiny Male Nidoran... Me? I caught my first ever Re shiny in Black with an all ground type user Excadrill Shiny was: Female Swellow... 2nd Re shiny was a shiny Tangela in HG

Credit to Bru for my banners<3

Page 11 of 208 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast