Page 117 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 5193

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Calculator people. Don't forget that.

8,430 REs.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Calculator people. Don't forget that.

8,430 REs.
    Like what kind of Calculator?

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Yep, seems so. You have 25,000 SRs down on Rayquaza, so you are obviously worse off on that level.

8,404 REs. I shall hunt for something in Route 38 next, I don't think I want to go back and HB for a shiny...
    Well, my essay is done now, so back to SR'ing for me. Here's to a hopefully good day for us! =D

RE always seemed simplest for a shiny hunt. If you don't feel like a future HB hunt, then you probably should avoid it.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Well I decided to start my shiny Cobalion hunt, and got my games taken away as a punishment. I had only 30 SRs done! Fast-forward to a week later, and I finally got them back! Shiny Cobalion here I come.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Right now i have a only collected about 45 eggs today for riolu and hatched 28 at the moment, bringing my total hatched to 478. I doubt i will get my riolu today... Or even this weekend... But that's ok. Good luck everyone and congrats on the recent shinies!!!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Hey, guys! There have been some awesome shiny stories since I last posted, and they've all been pretty fun to read. Congrats to everyone who has had some success with their Community Hunt, their Badge Quest, or anything in between. Unfortunately a lot of people have been successful and I can't remember each and every one of you, so this will just be a blanket congrats! I know it sounds a little impersonal, so sorry about that!

But wow, did you say 50+ shinies this month from everyone combined? That's pretty awesome. I know it would be more by now, but that sounds like an awful lot.

I know I keep on saying I should post here more often, but life gets in the way a bit and I really only like to post if I have something to share. And I do, so here we go!

I've been hunting for my HG Badge Quest since I got Dinkum to show up, but unfortunately he must have used up all my luck on HG for the moment, as nothing has appeared on there since.

Anyhow, my laptop has taken a turn for the worse and it's basically at the end of its life, so it takes a long time to load up (if it loads up at all!) and so, this morning I decided to use my DSi XL, and my 3DS XL to double encounter, just for something different ... and hey, maybe I'd have a bit more luck this way.

Well, I did!

I decided to continue one of my hunts in the past for a shiny Cottonee. I absolutely love that little guy, but I haven't had much success trying to RE one in the past. After around half an hour of this, I got into a double battle, and my eyes immediately focused on the outline of a Cottonee, because my eyes automatically gravitate towards them whenever they appear, hoping to see orange instead. However, even though I was focusing on the Cottonee, I noticed pretty much straight away that the Pokemon next to it was a completely different colour than I had been normally seeing! I focused on it when it sparkled, even though I already knew it was a shiny! I guess I was feeling quite dumbfounded and almost as if someone was playing a trick on me!

I took some photos of the double battle with my new phone, but I can't seem to get them off of it, unfortunately ...

I had Orion (Starmie) switch in to Bolt (Zangoose)to False Swipe, Purrpal (Liepard) Night Slashed the Cottonee hard and fast, and then I False Swiped, switched out Purrpal to Eskar (Accelgor) so he could Yawn it, and after a few Luxury Balls, she was mine!

So, yeah. Just over a month of encountering on that evil HG compared to only half an hour on my Black version! And while it was not that little orange Cottonee, it was probably the next best thing there for me to find! I'm so estatic right now!

I haven't thought of a nickname for her yet, but I'll work it out.

I will be continuing my RE in my HGBQ, and I will probably be doing some more encounters in Black now, too ... Either that, or collect some eggs for Cottonee, which I have also done in the past, but haven't really had much luck there.

I do contemplate giving up the BQ sometimes, too, but I also think that I just need to ride it out and something will eventually happen, right?
    That was copied from another forum.

Anyway, good luck to everyone hunting! BW2 is not far away now! I cannot wait!

Edit: Here, I've managed to get one of the photos from my phone, but it's a pretty shocking quality. The others were far worse!

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/9474/swadloon23.jpg
    Last edited by Kyle Clarthy; 16th September 2012 at 4:02 PM.

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well I decided to start my shiny Cobalion hunt, and got my games taken away as a punishment. I had only 30 SRs done! Fast-forward to a week later, and I finally got them back! Shiny Cobalion here I come.
    Heh, that kinda sucks.
    Hope you do get your Cobalion sometime.
    But don't let Shiny Hunting take over too much time, otherwise you might get them taken away as a punishment again, which would suck.

DANG my 7th shiny this MONTH O_O

This morning while I was pushing boulders in Victory Rd, I was like "What if I find a shiny here? Will I attack it? What if it was an Onix? Hm... I know! I'll just have Blastoise tackle it!"
    then when I reached the near end, I encountered this... I was all "FFFF" *masterballs it* XD I thought it would Self Destruct.. I had no WiFi to check so yeah D:

Going to clone it, evolve it to Steelix, then migrate them :3 First I have to beat my Emerald....>.> 4th badge, nya~

Wow. This feels so wrong.

Now, don't get me wrong here ... I'm extremely grateful and excited, but I'll explain shortly.

So, all day I've been working on collecting Pokemon for my dex, heading to every Route, bashing the trainers up for Pokedollars, and catching anything that I haven't seen yet. Eventually I decided that I wanted to start hunting for shinies again, and I thought that Route 12, while being the home of some Pokemon I already have in their shiny forms, has plenty of Pokemon that have nice shiny forms. So, as per my tradition, I save my game and reset to start "fresh". I don't know why, I just do it because I'm superstitious.

I can't even tell you how many encounters I did total, also while hunting on my HG, but I am guessing that it was only around five minutes when I ran into another single battle and glanced over at the screen to see an unmistakeable shiny appear. I already have one of these, and a female one, too, so I was shocked, but it felt so wrong at the same time.

In the meantime, I have been chatting to a friend of mine, who has had a pretty long drought, and one of her targets, which she is actually hatching right this minute, is this Pokemon. I am so sorry about that. So, yeah, while I know that this is just the rules of the randomness in a Pokemon game, I still feel awfully bad at the same time.

But wow ... what a day. Still reeling from Swadloon, and then this happens. It just doesn't feel real!

Can anyone guess where Laramie comes from?

Friend Codes:
    5456 0313 8777 - Water Safari: Octillery, Floatzel, Frogadier
    0146 9781 1948 - Fairy Safari: Kirlia, Floette, Swirlix

You know, I'm always slightly confused when people ask, "Gasp! How do you count the soft resets?! Tell me your amazing secret method!"

Er... we count them by... counting them. Keeping count, adding together... isn't this basic mathematics? Really, am I missing something here - why are people so baffled by the concept of keeping count of numbers and then adding them together? O.o

Really. You don't even need a calculator. Can't you keep count in your head? You do 50 encounters. You write it down. You do another 50 encounters, you add it to the previous 50, you're now at 100 encounters. You write that down. Congratulations; you've mastered the extremely difficult task of counting numbers, adding them together and writing it down on a notebook/notebook file on your computer.

Well done.

.... >__>

In other news, I haven't found any new shinies recently. But during the day I'm hunting for Snorlax, Beldum and Slowpoke, and at night I'm hunting for my next Heart Gold badge quest shiny. Congrats on all the new shinies; especially the two shinies in one day, Zane, it's great when that happens. ^.^

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Haha @Heliotrope! I 100% agree with you and it always niggles me when people ask how to keep track of hunts. I know we're living in a more digital age these days but it's almost like people have forgotten how to use a pen and paper!

Congrats on new shinies and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    Haha @Heliotrope! I 100% agree with you and it always niggles me when people ask how to keep track of hunts. I know we're living in a more digital age these days but it's almost like people have forgotten how to use a pen and paper!

Congrats on new shinies and good luck!
    To be fair it is pretty unnecessary to do it for any other reason than showing the amount of hours you put in. For most people the win is I GOT A SHINY! SCORE!

I like to throw myself into the game go through the story and enjoy the plot and everything in between and when I've defeated the Elite 4 or Got the National Dex that is when I'll start worrying about breeding. That said @Dan2point5 all your shiny's look awesome and fair play on that.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

I hatched an Eevee that I shall evolve into Umbreon sometime

@dan2.5 I used to actually, but a calculator simplifies it for me. Allows me to multi-task on my Laptop =P

8,450 REs after last night, but homework today...good luck on all of the shinies, and congrats Zane on the two shinies!
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

I know I have not been posting, sorry everyone. Congratulations to the plethora of people who got some lovely shinies, Zane Clarthy, PPL, and others.

Currently still RE'ing in SS for my BQ with no luck. I am switching up routes every so often just for a change of scene. I also want to be surprised at which shiny finally appears ^_^

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

OMFG! SHINY PINSER APPEARED IN MY GAME LAST NIGHT IN THE CAR ON MY JP WHITE 2!!! HOLY SHINX!!!!! MY DS WAS ON RED CHARGE AND I WAS HEADING TO THE SAME PLACE AS WHEN I GOT WHIRLEPEDE!!! WIERD RIGHT? GUESS WHAT ELSE? ADAMENT TOO! O_O I'm still in shock xD Nuff said on my part, and here are the pictures.

Spoiler:- *Night the shiny pinser bling bling*:

Spoiler:- *Slice and dice 'em all!*:

Spoiler:- *In battle*:

Good luck to everyone on there hunts and congratz on all the new shinies obtained!

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Congrats Lava! ^^ But how do you can have so much luck!? D:

BTW< I heard once you can get easy shinies without putting yourDS orso off, can anyone say the whole thing about it?

FB Profile~|deviantART Profile~
    3DS FC: 4382 2023 3008
    Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Code: 6400 2207 2907
    Banner made by Sworn Metalhead!

Hummm...I'm so unlucky those days. I'm still hatching my Swablu, over 700 Eggs hatched and NOOOOOTHING! I won't give up, but it's became annoying...wish me luck, guys? T.T

...So.. I encountered my first shiny last night... on Pearl. I was messing around... and found a wild Starly. Adamant Nature... I just have no idea what to do with it.

The goats are wise! Eat everything, climb everything. And if something kicks you, kick it back!
    Tumblr | Reborn | League

Congrats lava burst on pinsir! I Hatched 225 eggs now and i have a new method, people may already use it, but its for people finding mm tedious

1) The boring bit, fill a box of eggs old skool style

2) Have Magma Armor / Flame body pokemon in party, i recommend volcarona (Fly and flame body)

3) Fill your party with 4 eggs that you stored. Leaving 1 empty space.

4) Cycle up and down Route 2/3 cant remember which, with eggs and whenever the daycare calls you, collect the egg.

5) Deposit the new egg into the pc.

6) Continue cycling and repeating the process until your 4 eggs hatch. Then switch them for the next four in the box.

7) Repeat until you get a shiny!

I know some guys do this but i started today. And by the time half a box hatched i had another box filled! Some of you guys already know, but for mm beginners this will save time, if your incredibly lucky you'll have a shiny in a half hour! Gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Anarchy_17 View Post
    ...So.. I encountered my first shiny last night... on Pearl. I was messing around... and found a wild Starly. Adamant Nature... I just have no idea what to do with it.
    Trade it to me.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
        Spoiler:- Quote:
    Very nice!

I noticed that the lightning effects made Rapidash's fire on the first picture look like they were more blue than grey.
    I wish they would have made it that colour instead of that grey :/
    Almost makes me not want to evolve shiny Ponyta if I ever get one, but then, I'd feel forced to fully evolve it, haha.

So now you got two female shiny Rapidash?
    I think we can both agree that a male one would have been better. :/

Congrats though.

:-D So begins my hunt for a shiny Mew from Pokemon Ranch!
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Kay... todays a great day.

Soulsilver: Playing with a Randomizer in effect... I proceed to find a Shiny Electrike... that unfortunately decided to run away. But... I trained that Starly on a ton of things... and Its almost ready for cloning\trading.

The goats are wise! Eat everything, climb everything. And if something kicks you, kick it back!
    Tumblr | Reborn | League

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    :-D So begins my hunt for a shiny Mew from Pokemon Ranch!
    I'm not sure if that's possible, but I haven't seen conclusive proof yet that it wasn't possible, so if you wish to try and prove whether or not it is possible, please do so!
    Don't you have to reset Ranch and re-fill it with 999 Pokémon every time though? Might be a pain. :/

But I guess once you do get it, the feeling of obtaining something that rare, might be well worth it.

Page 117 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast