Page 200 of 208 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 4,976 to 5,000 of 5193

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Even if I wanted to catch all Pokémon, it would be impossible, unfortunately. Cyclo DS, uh?
    I have access to something like that and I could easily hack the game to get either the charm or lots of shinies, but what is the point?
    Well I don't know how that stuff works, I was just given the DS with the Cyclo cartridge thing in it and Diamond was one of the games on it. I wouldn't know how (or want) to get Black 2 on there and hack the Shiny Charm or anything...Cheats aren't any fun =\ I played the game without the cheats, except on rare occasions just to switch it up, but I didn't save after using the cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    I've never replied here so I'll tell the people a story about a shiny pokemon I met:

Once upon a time I caught a shiny Bagon

It's nature sucked

I released it.

(true story) still better than twilight
    Gasp. So did you just not care that it was shiny, or you just weren't paying attention and released it on accident because of the nature?
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 900 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,900 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,700 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I just didn't care.

I just didn't care.
    Double gasp.

*faints*

Current Shiny Hunts
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 8,700 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    Yep, have both charms. I'm sure ultimately it will make a difference, I just haven't really seen much yet. Except getting 2 shiny Bulbasaurs in a batch of ~500 eggs. Not sure if I'm going to count that as a vast improvement though. In Diamond I had 2 shiny Eevees in a batch of 300 eggs.
    meh, we'll see how the Mesprit and Charmander hunts go.
    Wow, you had the patience to catch every Pokémon =O kudos for you. I am struggling to catch only the Pokémon in the New Unova Dex. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Well I don't know how that stuff works, I was just given the DS with the Cyclo cartridge thing in it and Diamond was one of the games on it. I wouldn't know how (or want) to get Black 2 on there and hack the Shiny Charm or anything...Cheats aren't any fun =\ I played the game without the cheats, except on rare occasions just to switch it up, but I didn't save after using the cheats.
    You wouldn't know how to hack, it is not worth. I had a hacked shiny Lilligant which was deleted after a time. Hacked Pokémon = boring.

I just didn't care.
    Aren't you a badass?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizardmaster#1 View Post
    I'm not using the shiny charm. I think it increases the odds a bit too much. And I know there are plenty out there who feel the same way.
    100% agree! I'm fine with the normal odds and have no plans on getting the charm.

That quick shiny Golduck spoiled me lol I was in the mindset that I was gonna start getting some fairly quick shinies but nope.. my hunt in black 2 have went over the odds but I can't complain too much since I already got 3 shinies this month. Anyways, good luck everyone especially all the badge questers. :]
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

Hatching some more Horsea eggs before I have to leave for work, still no shiny yet.

I've heard of the shiny charm but what's the oval charm? If it makes MM a bit faster than I'll definitely want to get one of those!

FC: 3050-7566-2483 - Kaytee
    Friend Safari- Ground- Trapinch, Dugtrio and Diggersby.

Latest shiny: Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by kayteemae View Post
    I've heard of the shiny charm but what's the oval charm? If it makes MM a bit faster than I'll definitely want to get one of those!
    "If you manage to capture all of the Pokémon within the Unova Pokédex, when you go to show Professor Juniper, she will give you the special Oval Charm. This item increases the likelihood that your Pokémon will have eggs when in the Day Care Center"

Nearly finished the Unova dex, guys! I'm hoping it won't take me too long to get the Shiny Charm. I get what you guys mean when you say it increases the odds too much, but at least they're giving you a decent reward for completing the dex now

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Ok, 570 eggs now for shroomish, it would be nice to get it now. And as you can see cha chi has updated my sig with my 'rare' finding in the nature preserve.
    And... Since everyone's doing it i'll give my thoughts on the charms.
    Oval charm - From what i've heard it doesn't do too much, but i haven't tried it myself, anything which helps mm is welcome with me. Completing the unova dex isn't hard for me, i have all the pokemon in it except meleotta (which i don't think is required) it just takes time. Yes i would use it.
    Shiny charm- Anyone who takes the time to catch every pokemon in the national dex deserves this, but yeah the odds are increased far too much. I know people could argue mm is increased more but its 6/8192. Can you do 6 res in the time taken to collect and hatch an egg? Yes you can. For mm i'm glad the odds aren't increased too much, because then you'll here people saying "Oh i got my shiny charm, i mmed a charmander! I collected a box and got two shinies!" The odds for re are kinda ridiculous, i think it was dan, who got a shiny with it and then got a shiny mienshao 39 encounters after. That would take twenty minutes. Thats not too valuable. I have access to about 640 national dex pokemon, but won't take the time to transfer them or get the others. IF i had the charm, i would use it for sring, because gen 5 sr takes like 10 seconds longer.
    These charms are great for these one time posters, who may never have seen one other wise. But for shiny hunters, it defeats the purpose. Another point, if gamefreak reduce the mm odds again in gen 6, i will be unhappy, but no doubt people will disagree. Gl to all, and sorry for the long post, i was on a thought train!
    Also, what are you guys thoughts on the free shinies, i appreciate gyrados had a story but the ones in BW2 are unnecessary, i love SupaRipJaw all the same though, I'm just sad everyone has one. I'm also working through white tree hollow to get dratini.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

I'm thinking, maybe I will get the Oval Charm, but give up on the Shiny Charm... I think my mind has been changed because of what people have said (especially you, Paddy).

Okay! Then I will go and start hunting Heatran!
    Last edited by Roseheart95; 10th November 2012 at 6:48 PM.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

1,500 encounters now @ Virbank Complex... Just stuck my DSi on charge, so will have another session during X Factor, probably...
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

11,000 REs

AW YEAH!!! After 15,246 encounter I have finally found my 4th shiny for my badge quest- Sandile! While I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't a Yamask that shined instead, Sandile was definitely a close second! (just happy it wasn't a Sandscrew =P)

Plus I was surprised to see that he had a Naughty nature and a 31 Attack IV. So now it's time to continue on in my badge quest at Chargestone Cave for a Tynamo. =)

Encounter

Summary
    Leaf Green Badge Quest

Congrats on the shiny Sandile. I hope my fourth shiny will come soon now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenn of Ascension View Post
    AW YEAH!!! After 15,246 encounter I have finally found my 4th shiny for my badge quest- Sandile! While I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't a Yamask that shined instead, Sandile was definitely a close second! (just happy it wasn't a Sandscrew =P)

Plus I was surprised to see that he had a Naughty nature and a 31 Attack IV. So now it's time to continue on in my badge quest at Chargestone Cave for a Tynamo. =)

Encounter

Summary
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014
    5. Froakie- December 19 2014
    6. Ralts-December 22nd 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

Congrats on that sandile! Glad your hunt has finally come to an end after so many encounters.

Found a hole in my busy schedule to get quite a few SR's done. I'm now at 3,700. Will hopefully find more time some point this weekend to get some more done.

goodluck on your registeel hunt
    Friend code: 4897 7047 8708

Holy crap finally! 12,786 encounters and i got a shiny pupitar! So glad it wasn't fearow, also as a bonus i picked up PKRS during the hunt!
    http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r...FE9774C381.jpg
    Live encounter video will be posted when its done uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFw9nW3u70&sns=em
    Last edited by Crimson_Blazer; 10th November 2012 at 9:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Holy crap finally! 12,786 encounters and i got a shiny pupitar! So glad it wasn't fearow, also as a bonus i picked up PKRS during the hunt!
    http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/r...FE9774C381.jpg
    Live encounter video will be posted when its done uploading.
    congrats! was this for a BQ? or were you just doing a regular RE hunt?
    (I am losing track of who is doing what >.<)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Just a normal hunt. Link is up

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    As it happens, my sig is organised in the order of preference from most desirable to least desirable. So Magby is what I'm hoping will shine...
    That's clever. I think I'll do that when I decide to RE next in Chargestone Cave.

First I need my other shinies to appear, and the shiny charm helps, but the change from 0.0122% to 0.0422% isn't going to get me a shiny so quickly every single time. It would be nice to get luck like Dan, but getting shinies so quickly like that isn't exactly probable at the rate I'm going. Possible, but in no way probable. Anyway good luck on those hunts, everyone, especially those long ones if there still is any. Too many people to keep track of.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

15,500 RE now! Still nothing! Seeing other peoples long hunts end got me hoping that I might be lucky and my hunt might end today. Who knows maybe it will but I am not holding my breath that it actually will. I really don't care what shines in Relic Castle which is where I am at now. I like the shiny forms of Yamask, Sandile and Sandshrew so I'm easy.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Shiny charm- Anyone who takes the time to catch every pokemon in the national dex deserves this, but yeah the odds are increased far too much.
    These charms are great for these one time posters, who may never have seen one other wise.

...Also, what are you guys thoughts on the free shinies, i appreciate gyrados had a story but the ones in BW2 are unnecessary, i love SupaRipJaw all the same though, I'm just sad everyone has one. I'm also working through white tree hollow to get dratini.
    Yeah that's true about completing the national dex, but it seems like to go from 1 in ~8k to around ~2k is a big jump. It's fine if people want to use it, it's just not my thing...

As for the free ones in the new games...Eh...I mean it's neat because now everyone can get a free shiny (if they didn't get the Gyarados before), but it'd be nice if there were some sort of promo marking (there isn't, is there? Or can it not be traded?) to indicate that it was a freebie. That way no one could really be fooled by it but people could still have that alternate color...And hopefully reduce any begging for making shiny odds even more likely (Still pretty new to pokemon, not sure if I've ever seen anyone demand odds for shinies be reduced...)

This particular one though, if mine is Haxorus (I have Black 2, can't remember which game gets which shiny), it's kind of disappointing. I think Shiny Haxorus looks cool, so I would have possibly hunted for him, but now that he's a freebie, it just seems like a wasted hunt...So that kinda sucks...

Current Shiny Hunts
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Everyone gets shiny Haxorus in White 2 or Black 2 as long as they complete the unova dex. But also get Shiny Gible if you have Black 2 for free and Shiny Dratini if you have White 2 for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Yeah that's true about completing the national dex, but it seems like to go from 1 in ~8k to around ~2k is a big jump. It's fine if people want to use it, it's just not my thing...

As for the free ones in the new games...Eh...I mean it's neat because now everyone can get a free shiny (if they didn't get the Gyarados before), but it'd be nice if there were some sort of promo marking (there isn't, is there? Or can it not be traded?) to indicate that it was a freebie. That way no one could really be fooled by it but people could still have that alternate color...And hopefully reduce any begging for making shiny odds even more likely (Still pretty new to pokemon, not sure if I've ever seen anyone demand odds for shinies be reduced...)

This particular one though, if mine is Haxorus (I have Black 2, can't remember which game gets which shiny), it's kind of disappointing. I think Shiny Haxorus looks cool, so I would have possibly hunted for him, but now that he's a freebie, it just seems like a wasted hunt...So that kinda sucks...
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Hey guys... Congrats on the Sandile and the Pupitar! Good luck, especially to Cocoa who is still stuck in Aspertia and to Shiny Lord who is at 15,500 encounters! Wow!

As for me, I did 715 SRs yesterday for Kyogre, bringing my total up to 5,140 SRs. I am starting to get sick of seeing a blue fish/whale/whatever Kyogre is thing! Show me that purple soon!!!

As for the debate for the shiny charm.... I am definitely getting it on my White 2 (just need Kyogre and Rayquaza now, which I am hunting or will be hunting) once I fill up my dex. I am debating on whether trading all my pokemon over to my Black 2 to get it on there as well or if I should just make my Black 2 my MM game.

Well, I am doing some more SRs now. I am hoping for a shine this weekend! That random Rattata better not have messed up my luck for Kyogre! And I hope to not get up to over 10,000 like I did for Ho-oh!!! Anyways, happy hunting everyone and good luck!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. ? 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #5- ? & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

what i find funny is how many of us have a shining charm and it's not doing a whole lot. I have thousands of encounters since the charm, no RE shinies. Really wish the thing worked for me, because I'm trying to get every form in my pokedex in this game. (that's right, I need 7 shiny FEMALE eevees for this project T_T)
    Still working on Mesprit, then its on to MM female charmander

edit - should probably mention my project requires I acquire the shinies myself, so no trading to fill up pages for me
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Good Luck with getting 7 female shiny Eevee's. I'm sure that will be extremely tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    what i find funny is how many of us have a shining charm and it's not doing a whole lot. I have thousands of encounters since the charm, no RE shinies. Really wish the thing worked for me, because I'm trying to get every form in my pokedex in this game. (that's right, I need 7 shiny FEMALE eevees for this project T_T)
    Still working on Mesprit, then its on to MM female charmander

edit - should probably mention my project requires I acquire the shinies myself, so no trading to fill up pages for me
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Page 200 of 208 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast