Page 201 of 208 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 5193

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

2,000 encounters in the Complex now, and calling it a night. Good progress made though, with 1,100 encounters today!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

5,900 REs

Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted anything in a while mostly because i have been busy with the new black 2 version. I have successfully traded over all of my pokemon to get the shiny charm also I have the oval charm.The results I have so far since Ive had them are as follows: First hunt with both charms I mmed for Shiny charmander, I got it to shiny around 250 eggs, oval charm as mentioned earlier does not help too too much however I feel that the shiny charm did. Next hunt was in the Nature Preserve I hunted for about an hour on a Friday night and then 9am to 330pm on the following Saturday and I got my shiny Nuzleaf I feel the shiny charm worked its magic there. Now I am SR for one of my favorite pokemon that I have always been too lazy to hunt for in previous games......Latios! I have been hunting him since Nov 3rd and I am at about 1500 SRs so it has not gotten to the full 1 out of 2000 or so ratio but it has been my longest hunt since shiny charm was achieved. So I hope this gives you all some idea of how the shiny charm is working so far.
    I wish Latios would hurry up because I really hate SR hunts! To any of you who are questioning yourself on getting the shiny charm...... Save several hours of your life and get it, you shouldnt care what other people think about the worth or value of your shiny, it should still be very valuable, rare and special to you!

Well all please wish me luck on this latios hunt!
    PS please excuse all grammer and spelling errors in this I have been SR through the whole message lol
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I don't think shiny hunters really care about 'saving several hours of their lives'. If they did, they wouldn't be hunting to begin with. :P

Than I must not be a genuine "shiny hunter" Ive shiny hunted several pokemon before the shiny charm was even mentioned but any chance I get to legally shave down some time on the oh so addicting shiny hunting I will gladly take it. Im sorry more people cant look at it my way and minimize the time on video games and maximize time in the real world.

MM'd a shiny shroomish. I was at 2500+ eggs and it decided to shine. Multiple 30 IVs in some good stats.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    MM'd a shiny shroomish. I was at 2500+ eggs and it decided to shine. Multiple 30 IVs in some good stats.

B
    congrats! did you get the nature / ability you were hoping for?

@StingrayKurt, Not all shiny hunters think that way. I'm totally up for anything that shaves off time in my hunts, means I can hunt even more shinies too bad my shiny charm seems to be broken >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

woohoooo congrats on your shiny shroomish!!! Im sorry your shiny charm is broken dangertrout, i hope something shines for you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayKurt View Post
    Than I must not be a genuine "shiny hunter" Ive shiny hunted several pokemon before the shiny charm was even mentioned but any chance I get to legally shave down some time on the oh so addicting shiny hunting I will gladly take it. Im sorry more people cant look at it my way and minimize the time on video games and maximize time in the real world.
    I honestly feel the same way you do. I want to cut time and get more. They are no less of a value to me with the shiny charm. The shiny charm actually gave me a reason to fill the pokedex (something that I have never felt the need to do before).

In other news... I am nearing the 6,000 SR mark for Kyogre. I have a feeling that I might go over the odds for this thing. Also, I have decided that I will hunt for Rayquaza on my SS instead of my HG because all 3 SR shinies that I got on my SS have been less than 5,000 SRs, whereas Ho-oh was over 10,000 and now Kyogre is taking a while. Plus I like SS better anyways. I was really hoping to get Kyogre this weekend, but if not, I will live.

Happy hunting everyone and good luck! I hope you get your Latios soon Stingray! I plan on eventually doing a dual Latios & Latias hunt after I get the shiny charm!
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 11th November 2012 at 2:16 AM.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

thanks kitty, i have had no luck today with latios, i spent 3.5 hours and still no latios. Thanks for agreeing with me as well. Good luck on all of your hunts!

So my next hunt is doing to be a double hunt in the nature preserver and the abundant shrine, already did 100 encounters. Don't have a shiny from eithe location so I'm hoping for anything

To be honest I don't know why people really dislike the Charm, it's still just a chance. Sure it's a much bigger chance, but a chance is still a chance.

You can have 1/50 chance for a shiny and if you're unlucky, no shiny even after 5000 encounters. It still depends on luck.

That's just my opinion, anyway

Regarding the free shinies (Haxorus/Dratini/Gible), I wish GF picked another Pokemon instead. Haxorus and Dratini are quite common targets in the past due to their final stage being a "cool and powerful" Pokemon. Many people already have them, including me......

Personally, I prefer to see a Tyranitar in the Preserve (I don't have one yet ) and Benga should give us something that's actually version exclusive, for example an Elekid/Skitty in B2 and a Magby/Buneary in W2, or something not available in both games, for example a Hitmonchan/Cascoon for B2 and a Hitmonlee/Silcoon for W2.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I haven't gotten to do too many SRs today. I've only done 130 which makes a total of 1270. I plan to do at least another 200 more by the time I get to bed if I don't get it to shine sooner. I hope it shines by tomorrow because I'm not entirely sure if I have to work on school work starting Monday. It'd be great if I just get my shiny Rayquaza now and then transfer all the other Pokemon I need to get the shine charm. I know a lot of people don't like how easy it is but I generally don't have enough time to actually hunt shinnies which is why this is my "real" first shiny hunt and following the odds it will be my longest. Anyway all the shinnies I plan to hunt will now be MMed because the only Pokemon I can SR are the lake trio, the Regis, and Heatran. Otherwise the only other shinnies I'll be getting are unexpected RE ones I find while training or out of repels.

Also because my shine charm is so close to being mine I'm trying to figure which Pokemon I should try to MM first... I'm leaning on trying to breed to get a shiny Sneasel because I lost my shiny Weavile when I lost my copy of Pearl. Then I plan to eventually get Charizard, Arbok, Ninetales, Ponyta, Weezing, Meganium, Ursaring, Magcargo, Gardevior/Gallade (depends on gender), Manectric, Altaria, Seviper, Metagross, Roserade, Pachirisu, Embaor, Zoroark, and Golurk. I love these shinnies but without the shine charm I'd likely never have the time.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Cpchris View Post
    Yeah that's true about completing the national dex, but it seems like to go from 1 in ~8k to around ~2k is a big jump. It's fine if people want to use it, it's just not my thing...
    It's great that you can respect some of our decisions to use the charm, and it's perfectly fine if you don't want to use the charm as well, but I don't think that an increase of 0.03% for RE/SR shinies is all that drastic. Actually, 0.042% doesn't seem to be so drastically higher than 0.012%, though obviously different. Also, I thought I'd add this: percentage-wise, the increase in odds from the shiny charm for an MM shiny is actually similar to the RE/SR increase, at a 0.024% increase for MM, so 1/8192 to 1/2370.6 isn't that much different than going from 1/1365.3 to 1/1024, I think. Granted, the charm does have an significant impact on the odds of a shiny, but it's not quite as drastic as some people may think.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

16,000 RE now and still no shiny. If I don't get a shiny in the next 384 encounters I will be twice passed the odds of 1 in 8192. This hunt has exceeded what I thought it would. I really hope something shines soon. I plan on hunting some more till I call it a night so maybe I will find it before I call it a night but I doubt it. Maybe something will surprise me. I just want this to end so I can move on with my badge quest as well as with the rest of the story line.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest
    1. Zigzagoon- November 24th, 2014
    2. Makhuita- December 7th, 2014
    3. Oddish- December 7th, 2014
    4. Wurmple- December 14th 2014

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

White 2 Badge Quest- Completed on December 29th 2012!
    1. Shiny Tepig
    2.Shiny Growlithe-7595 RE
    3. Shiny Rattata-4,815 RE
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE
    5.Shiny Combee(Male)- 19,823 RE
    6. Shiny Zebstrika- 2,025 RE
    7. Shiny Zangoose- 2,582 RE
    8. Shiny Swablu- 12,264 RE

What is this charm people are talking about?
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    What is this charm people are talking about?
    The description is practically in the posts disussing it... catch every pokemon in the nat dex and you are given a charm that increases the odda of finding a shiny pokemon, Also you should check out serebii's main page. It has that information as well

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    The description is practically in the posts disussing it... catch every pokemon in the nat dex and you are given a charm that increases the odda of finding a shiny pokemon, Also you should check out serebii's main page. It has that information as well
    Well that's pretty neat.
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    To be honest I don't know why people really dislike the Charm, it's still just a chance. Sure it's a much bigger chance, but a chance is still a chance.

You can have 1/50 chance for a shiny and if you're unlucky, no shiny even after 5000 encounters. It still depends on luck.

That's just my opinion, anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    I honestly feel the same way you do. I want to cut time and get more. They are no less of a value to me with the shiny charm. The shiny charm actually gave me a reason to fill the pokedex (something that I have never felt the need to do before).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post

@StingrayKurt, Not all shiny hunters think that way. I'm totally up for anything that shaves off time in my hunts, means I can hunt even more shinies too bad my shiny charm seems to be broken >.<
    These 3 posts pretty much sums up my feelings on the Shining Charm. Catching every pokemon in the Nat. Dex is quite the task. Today, I played for 6 hours~ and only increased my captured pokemon by about 13. I agree with Shine, that its much better than chaining, because it is still based upon luck.

In other news, I began to SR for Latias, but became frustrated at the amount of time per SR, so I decided to wait until after the shining charm. Right now I am working on getting the Oval Charm for some MM'ing and getting a nursery in my join avenue so I can MM some things with huge egg steps. (Relicanth, anyone ) Then I will also be working towards the shining charm. So I probably won't post much until I complete those goals, but afterwards, I will be extreme shiny hunting I also really want to either MM or RE Stantler in December, so that is an exception.

Congratulations on recent shinies, and good luck everyone

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Well, simply put, if someone wants to spend more time in the real world and less playing video games, it'd be as simple as not playing video games and spending more time in the 'real world'. It's not like there's some Shiny requirement that grants you access to the real world. That said, using 'real life' as a reason to use the shiny charm is a bit ridiculous. There's no need to make it sound like we're pointlessly wasting our time nor to make it sound like there's only one right answer. Want to maximize time in the real world? Don't play video games if you consider it a waste of time. But please don't try to insult me by using a pseudo-logical reason. I'm not that stupid, so don't act condescending towards us.

Someone hacking shinies is saying the same thing as you about you, and my guess is that you don't agree with hacking. But they're correct right? Yet you probably still aren't about to just say "fine, I'll start hacking mine to save time". No, I'm not saying you're cheating. I'm just saying that 'real world' reason could be applied in the same way to you and you aren't going to go along with it because it goes against what matters to you. Same thing for us.

Another thing, I'm sure you would care to some extent if the odds of shinies became 1 in 3. Maybe it would just change your hunt to becoming finding a shiny with the right IVs/Nature/Characteristic, but as far as finding that elusive sparkle, you might not find it nearly as special as before. Now I'm sure someone's going to say that 1 in 3 is a big exaggeration from 1 in 2000, but that's not my point. My point is different people are going to draw the line at different points. I like the chance that was originally presented. Other people prefer the greater chances. And while you might not prefer that 1 in 3 chance, someone else could be asking for it to become a 3 in 4 chance. Everyone will have their own idea of what's going 'too far'. If ours is different from yours, there's really no need to talk down to us like we're not thinking right just because faster shinies lose value to us. We're respecting your decision; it wouldn't hurt to follow suit.

And yes, chance is chance and someone could hypothetically go through a million encounters without a shiny. But chance is probability and the more times you do something, the closer you'll get to the actual odds. Flip a coin 20 times, you might get 5 heads and 15 tails - certainly not 50-50. Keep flipping it, and the odds will get closer to the given probability, generally speaking. So even though someone with a shiny charm could go through more encounters than a person without it before encountering shinies, it probably wouldn't be the norm. So theoretically at least, that greater chance would catch up overall sooner or later, despite it still being chance. And that's all I'm avoiding.

Like I said, if people want to do use the charm, go ahead. It's not like you'll see me saying: "Well, congratulations on your shiny, but you used the shiny charm, so you didn't really deserve it and it doesn't really count." USE THE CHARM. But for me, personally, to get shinies the way I want, to have FUN the way I want, for ME to enjoy MY shiny hunting experience, using MY preference, is to do it without the charm. It's really, truly, honestly as simple as that.
    ★★Click the card to see my complete shiny card!★★

Current Shiny Hunts
    Axew, Aron, Boldore; Black 2 (Mistralton Cave): 100 REs
    Scyther; Platinum (Route 210 North): 11,100 REs (+32,282 REs = 4 Phases)
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

Just wait until you have a really long hunt. Then your opinion may change.
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lord View Post
    Just wait until you have a really long hunt. Then your opinion may change.
    Maybe, but I doubt it.

I used to play a MMORPG. Maxing out certain areas of your character could take up to a year. I played only in the free version where it took longer, thus resulting in taking a year what could otherwise take a few months. Before I was even anywhere near maxing out an area, I was against the idea of the company making the game easier. After I spent 10 months to complete the area, I was very satisfied and still stood by not making it easier and also was beyond content not playing the membership version, since it just seemed to take away from the challenge. At this point, I've stopped playing that game because the company has just forced the easiness into the game so much that it's hard to avoid in it.

I played that game for around 6-7 years, and taking the time to play the more challenging way, knowing full well it'd be 5x easier/faster to get the membership (even though I could get it for free with GPT sites), and still being adamantly against the whole game being made easier.

So odds are a long hunt isn't really going to sway me to ultimately change my opinion.

I'm not saying I'll never use the charm or try to get it, just that at this point in time, I certainly don't want it. Maybe after I get a few shinies with the original odds, I'll feel better about using the charm. And it's not like I'm asking to spend more time on a hunt and have a long one, I just want the original chance. I might still complain when a hunt gets long (haven't I started whining slightly already and I'm only a few hundred REs into my hunt?), but I'll still prefer the normal odds.

Current Shiny Hunts
    HeartGold Badge Quest (#14) (Azalea Town) - Heracross: 7,900 HBs (+4,783 HBs = 2 Phases)
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

I vote we drop the shiny charm discussion altogether, because some people are taking this way too personally.

In other news....
    once upon a time (years ago in Gen 4) I put a pokemon in the GTS and requested a female bulbasaur.
    When I returned, a female bulbasaur was waiting for me. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be shiny!
    Of course, upon closer inspection it was a hacked shiny.
    A shame, but I vowed to one day claim my own shiny female bulbasaur! which I did this month, as you may recall.

Having said that, I wished to grant some other soul out there who placed their pokemon in the GTS in hopes of a bulbasaur with a cute SHINY version of their request. (with one of my spare males that I got during my quest)
    Unfortunately for me, no one wants shiny bulbasaurs.
    They just want level 9 and under Zekroms >.<
    I spent an hour in the GTS, just looking for people who might want a bulbasaur.

Dear nintendo/GF, please add a feature so I can search for what people are looking for, rather than what they are offering.
    they could be offering a weedle for all I care.
    I just want to sprinkle shiny happiness though the GTS, is that so much to ask??

edit - an MMO that takes years to max stats? let me guess, Ragnarok Online?
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Well guys.... I did a total of 920 SRs today, bringing my total up to 6,060 for Kyogre. I definitely think I will be going over the odds with this thing... I really want to get both Kyogre and Rayquaza before I graduate on my birthday in December (yes... I will be done with college comepletely on my birthday)

Happy hunting everyone and good luck!!!

Edit - @Dangertrout: your post above just made me really happy... "no one wants a bulbasaur! But its a shiny one! What? You just want unobtainable legendaries? Whatever. Ill take my shiny bulbasaur elsewhere!" This is all I was picturing when I read your post. It was so cute. :3
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 11th November 2012 at 6:45 AM.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. ? 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #3- Fiery Path & AS: ?

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I vote we drop the shiny charm discussion altogether, because some people are taking this way too personally.

edit - an MMO that takes years to max stats? let me guess, Ragnarok Online?
    Sounds good, was just trying to explain why it's not necessary to insult people for their personal preferences is all.

And honestly, never played that and only somewhat sure that I've even heard of it...Not all the stats took years in this game (most didn't), especially since a lot of people that went for them played the membership version which made it much easier. And kind of like when people track their Shiny hunts by days, it's completely dependent on the person. A day could mean 1 hour of play time or 10 So I might have just not played it enough daily that it took me near a year.

Since someone mentioned getting shiny forms in their pokedex, which I didn't know you could do, I have a question. When it says "seen", it means that even if I just encountered it and ran away, it would count (seems to be the obvious choice)? So hypothetically, if I had ever missed a shiny during an RE without knowing it, I could find out by checking the pokedex? Assuming I never caught/saw that shiny before...

Current Shiny Hunts
    HEARTGOLD BADGE QUEST:
    JOHTO HALF:
    KANTO HALF:

16,500 RE and still nothing. I've surpassed the 1 in 8192 odds twice now. Is it pointless for me to say I hope it comes before 17,000?
    Current Hunts

Omegaruby Badgequest

Heart Gold Badge Quest
    1. Shiny Bellsprout
    2. Shiny Unkown A
    3. Shiny Nidoran Male
    4. Shiny Spinrak
    5. Shiny Spearow
    6. Shiny Psyduck
    7. Shiny Noctowl
    8. Shiny Diglett

1. Shiny Tepig
    4.Shiny Yamask-16,772 RE

Page 201 of 208 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast