Page 3 of 208 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Eh, those shinies are usually pokégen/pokésav'd cockblocks for legit people. However, if you really want to troll them...
    Idk if it'll work since the GTS will detect it as a hack tho
    Guess I'm good at RNGing stuff.
    [IMG]http://oi40.*******.com/ekkuat.jpg[/IMG]
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

I'm not really that bothered about shiny Pokémon. It was nice the way they introduced them with the Red Gyarados. The only thing I did to try getting shiny Pokémon was use the Pokéradar in the fourth generation. That was actually quite a fun method, so I hope they introduce that again at some point. RNG and soft resetting are two things I would never be bothered with, after all it is just a different colour on a Pokémon. I'd say the reason they bothered creating shiny Pokémon was to get people to keep on playing the game so that they can find some and collect. It'd be nice if they added more variations of Pokémon like they had in the old Pokémon Crater on-line game.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    I just found out a few weeks ago that I don't have the right DS anyway. Oh well. I'm still really good at finding shinies.
    what is wrong with ur ds then?
    I am trying to fill my pokedex, and one day i will succeed!! only 9 more to go..

my Friendcode for White is;0776 3707 3593
    Other friendcodes only given by request!

^ He's probably using DSi or 3DS. Not that it matters anymore, since 2 weeks ago smogon discovered a way to RNG Standard Seeds in those handhelds. Admittedly, it's considerably easier in DS phat and DS Lite.
    Trainer sprite by me. PM me if you want a Gen V shiny and/or flawless pokémon, I'll RNG it for you. :3

Quote Originally Posted by ladykiwi View Post
    If you've found wild shinies in the past, you've RNG abused without even realizing it.
    This is untrue. If you find a shiny by accident, then you weren't trying to predict it, therefore you're not technically RNGing. And when people refer to the process as "RNG abuse" or "RNG manipulation" that's a misnomer, because you're not actually doing anything to the game's pseudo random number generator. You're just inputting data on the RNG into software (like RNG reporter) and then the software is able to predict at what time a specific pokemon will appear. You're not doing anything to the RNG, not abusing it or manipulating it; by using the RNG process, you know exactly at what time a specific pokemon will appear. "Exploit" would be an appropriate term.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    This is untrue. If you find a shiny by accident, then you weren't trying to predict it, therefore you're not technically RNGing.
    False. Entering a battle triggers a series of formulas, and random numbers that define the pokémon you'll encounter (PID / IV Frame / etc). You are RNGing, just not abusing it.

And when people refer to the process as "RNG abuse" or "RNG manipulation" that's a misnomer, because you're not actually doing anything to the game's pseudo random number generator.
    Actually, you are. Starting the game at a specific time, doing keypresses, advancing the IV frame, calibrating delays, or synchronizing natures are all things the player must do to manipulate the RNG.

You're just inputting data on the RNG into software (like RNG reporter) and then the software is able to predict at what time a specific pokemon will appear. You're not doing anything to the RNG, not abusing it or manipulating it; by using the RNG process, you know exactly at what time a specific pokemon will appear.
    Refer to my previous statement. You input your parameters as well as your desired IVs or whatever in order for the RNG Reporter / PPRNG tell you what should you do to hit your desired frame. Even something as simple as a Chatot Flip is considered RNG manipulation.

"Exploit" would be an appropriate term.
    A better example of an exploit would be Gen IV's GTS. Exploiting the coding to evolve your own pokémon.

My favourite legitamatly obtained shiny is my shiny clamperl on emerald that I evolved Into a huntail, Which is now nicnamed Huntrail, And has a master rank toughness ribbon.

If you've found wild shinies in the past, you've RNG abused without even realizing it.
    See, now, I've got a problem with this. I've found several shinies in the past, but I never once considered it to be abuse of the RNG. In fact, to make a blanket statement saying that everyone who has obtained a random shiny is guilty of RNG abuse ... is ignorant and flat-out rude. I have nothing against people who DO decide to RNG, because it doesn't affect me. Why get upset about something that doesn't affect me any? But I, like many others, prefer the randomness of obtaining a shiny because it gives them more value in our eyes.

I've never once calculated any sort of algorithm just to obtain a shiny. I just play the game like I always do and lo and behold, a shiny has appeared before me. I think that can be said about most of us. Just because the RNG just happened to give us the number that would produce a shiny does not mean we abused the RNG or manipulated the critera used by the RNG.

The next time you decide to say something, use better word choice.
    Last edited by The Red Thunder; 10th January 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 89 • Fifth Gen: 64 • Sixth Gen: 65
    Kanto: 53 • Johto: 45 • Hoenn: 63 • Sinnoh: 45 • Unova: 45 • Kalos: 27

Level 100 Pokémon #279: Bob Ross, the Smeargle
    Level: 65 • Exp.: 712,887 / 800,000 (89.11%) • Exp. Multiplier: 1.35x
    Move Set: Swift, Storm Throw, Shadow Sneak, Spore
    Ability: Technician • Nature: Lonely

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post

The next time you decide to say something, use better word choice.

You're using the word guilty as if you had committed a crime or something. I also explained myself in the my reply @ Gelatino.

False. Entering a battle triggers a series of formulas, and random numbers that define the pokémon you'll encounter (PID / IV Frame / etc). You are RNGing, just not abusing it.

edit: ...what exactly was rude about my post? I just don't get it.

You're using the word guilty as if you had committed a crime or something. I also explained myself in the my reply @ Gelatino.

edit: ...what exactly was rude about my post? I just don't get it.
    I'm using those words because your exact statement implies such says exactly as such, to which I take offense and exception. Here, I'll quote below the exact quote you said, just for your viewing pleasure.

So, in your own words, everyone who has found a random shiny is guilty of RNG abuse. And let's not forget your definition of RNG Abuse, now:

RNG Abuse is predicting the game's algorithms with a computer software to see the exact date/hour a shiny and/or perfect pokémon will be produced.
    You are blanketly saying that anyone who has found random shinies has RNG abused. Statement of fact: that's exactly what you said. Many people, myself included, find that accusation to be offensive because we've done no such thing. And before you accuse me of putting words in your mouth, there are links to the exact post where you, in fact, said those things.

There's so much more I'd like to say to you, but I won't for fear of being modded. Suffice it to say, you seriously need to work on your word choice.
    Last edited by The Red Thunder; 10th January 2012 at 12:58 AM.

Come at me bro. I'm not reporting you for PMing me your opinion on me.

Now, probably I do need to select my words more carefully, but did you at least read my last post? I acknowledged it, and I explained myself. In case you missed it, here goes for the second time.

I still don't know what's remotely offensive about this, though. I didn't insult you, implied anything mean, mocked, disrespected, or whatever. I'm just stating some facts and agreeing I poorly worded that old post.
    Last edited by ladykiwi; 10th January 2012 at 1:05 AM.

Come at me bro. I'm not reporting you for PMing me your opinion on me.

Now, probably I do need to select my words more carefully, but did you at least read my last post? I acknowledged it, and I explained myself. In case you missed it, here goes for the second time.
    I didn't miss it. All I saw was somebody trying to be a hypocrite and going back on what they said in the first place. You've offered no apologies to any of those you've offended, and you've hardly admitted fault for making such an ignorant statement in the first place.

By this logic, every pokemon ever encountered in the game is RNG'd. Shiny pokemon are just one of many options which could turn up in the game.

By this logic, every pokemon ever encountered in the game is RNG'd. Shiny pokemon are just one of many options which could turn up in the game.
    That's exactly what I've been trying to say all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Which is actually correct logic, considering everything you encounter/capture is a product of the random number generator.

Even little things like the amount of damage an attack will do, critical captures/hits, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post
    Which is actually correct logic, considering everything you encounter/capture is a product of the random number generator.

Even little things like the amount of damage an attack will do, critical captures/hits, etc...
    There's a big difference between a random collection of datapoints that created a Pokemon, and manipulating the RNG to give you what you want. Not everyone likes being accused of the latter just because it has technicalities that are true.

That's exactly what I've been trying to say all along.
    Really, because it looks to me like you're accusing anybody and everybody of intentionally manipulating the RNG to give them whatever they want ... even if they don't know it.
    Last edited by The Red Thunder; 10th January 2012 at 1:25 AM.

There's a big difference between a random collection of datapoints that created a Pokemon, and manipulating the RNG to give you what you want. Not everyone likes being accused of the latter just because it has technicalities that are true.

Really, because it looks to me like you're accusing anybody and everybody of intentionally manipulating the RNG to give them whatever they want ... even if they don't know it.
    And you're somewhat blowing their poor choice of wording something that was originally meant to be said out of proportion, but I don't take trivial things to heart like that over the internet, as if it matters a thing to me. Not saying you're definitely doing that, but it's coming off as such.

Like it or not, every event that occurs to you in game is a product of the RNG, even if you're not aware of it or trying to.
    Last edited by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu; 10th January 2012 at 1:38 AM.

Walking around manipulates the IV frame, and speaking to NPCs manipulates the PID frame, so....
    edit: fun fact. Changing the way your moves are arranged in Gen 3 (RuSaFRLG) tampers the battle rng, allowing you to miss, crit, quick claw hax, and such. Whether it's intentional or not, you're RNGing.

For the fourth time, False. Entering a battle triggers a series of formulas, and random numbers that define the pokémon you'll encounter (PID / IV Frame / etc). You are RNGing, just not abusing it.
    Last edited by ladykiwi; 10th January 2012 at 1:32 AM.

And you're somewhat blowing their poor choice of wording something that was originally meant to be said out of proportion, but I don't take trivial things to heart like that over the internet as if it matters a thing to me. Not saying you're definitely doing that, but it's coming off as such.

Like it or not, every event that occurs to you in game is a product of the RNG, even if you're not aware of it or trying to.
    But there's still a huge difference between doing it accidently and doing it intentionally. It pisses me off when people refuse to acknowledge that difference on a mere technicality. It's a pathetic game of word play just to stroke their ego and make themselves feel better about rigging the dice to win the game of craps. Nothing more.

For the fourth time, until you fix this post, you are guilty of these words and I will hold you to no better.
    Last edited by The Red Thunder; 10th January 2012 at 1:38 AM.

I can't believe you're this uptight over a single misuse of a word.

It's a pathetic game of word play just to stroke their ego and make themselves feel better.
    Ironically, you started this whole thing by pointing out how I poorly worded my old post (which happens to be off topic, mind you). In my eyes, the bolded part is just a mere projection of yourself.

Edit 48934: Had you asked politely, I would have gladly editted my post.
    Last edited by ladykiwi; 10th January 2012 at 1:43 AM.

I can't believe you're this uptight over a single misuse of a word.
    That "single misuse of a word" is the difference between doing things your own way and calling everyone else who plays the game a cheater. And on a mere technicality at that.

If you want to RNG, then go do it. I hope you get what you want.

I personally consider it to be cheating, though, because it ruins the value that I give to the random shinies. And it's to that end that I get offended when somebody tries to say that I'm abusing the RNG just because I'm playing the game. It's not the same thing, and the fact that people are so adamantly against admitting the difference is just plain wrong.

^

I did actually apologize for sounding rude way back, lol.

As for the rest of your post, it's been already discussed numerous times through this and the previous page (ie, why RNG is objectively not cheating, etc). I suggest we let this silly discussion just die already and go back on topic.

As for the rest of your post, it's been already discussed numerous times through this and the previous page (ie, why RNG is objectively not cheating, etc). I suggest we let this silly discussion just die already and go back on topic.
    Listen, I'm not trying to say anyone else's opinion on the subject is any less valid than mine. But I consider RNG abuse to be cheating, plain and simple. You're rigging the game, and rigging is cheating in my opinion. I'm not going to fault you for cheating, because whatever you do in your game has no impact on me so I don't care.

What I do care about is when you try to accuse everyone, and by proxy, me, of being guilty of rigging the RNG, based on a series of technicalities that you're using to justify what you do in the eyes of others. You might not see it as a big deal. I do.

All pokemon in the game are generated as a result of the game's random number generator, but the fan-made verb "RNG" means to use software which allows you to predict exactly the pokemon you want the generator to produce.

Page 3 of 208 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast