Page 50 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 5193

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Wow I'm in shock right now! After only 1101 RE's shiny Tynamo pops out! I didn't even notice until I heard the sparkles, was not expecting this to shine at all, thought I would get shiny Joltik since I was encountering so many of them lol and it has a pretty good nature.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ines09/003.jpg

I'll be returning to route 12 again for female Combee but I may come back to hunt in this cave later for Klink or Joltik, good luck everyone!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

wow nice arent they like 5% there XD

as for my eevee hunt havent done much SR 262 best of luck
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Keep going everyone. You'll get the shinies soon. I'm at 5,247 REs.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by City Of Delusion View Post
    Wow I'm in shock right now! After only 1101 RE's shiny Tynamo pops out! I didn't even notice until I heard the sparkles, was not expecting this to shine at all, thought I would get shiny Joltik since I was encountering so many of them lol and it has a pretty good nature.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/...ines09/003.jpg

I'll be returning to route 12 again for female Combee but I may come back to hunt in this cave later for Klink or Joltik, good luck everyone!
    Wow you sure are extremely lucky I guess...just not with Female Combees. XD Anyways I'm rooting for you, that you may find a female one this time.
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

It has been at the back of my mind since I decided to attempt it the other day, so I've decided to begin my Masuda Method hunt for Machop today. I caught a high level Sawk for the moves I wanted, got the moves onto Machop, and am going to begin boxing eggs tonight. Wish me luck, if you please. I'm going to need it after that Ponyta hunt.

Congratulations on the Tynamo, City of Delusion, and best of luck to everyone else in their hunts.
    Last edited by ZombifiedHorror1031; 10th August 2012 at 3:47 PM.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

I would post about my shiny Regirock, but I'm guessing RNGing isn't well accepted here? It took me all day to RNG.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Had a random encounter with a shiny Rhyhorn in HG yesterday. Didn't catch it though, since I already have a shiny Rhyperior

..... that makes no sense^ u should still catch it and evolved it into rhydon wow

anyways 334 SRs for eevee
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I would post about my shiny Regirock, but I'm guessing RNGing isn't well accepted here? It took me all day to RNG.
    It's mixed. People in the shiny thread may not appreciate it as the very nature of shiny hunting is about putting in time and effort to get your prize (more time than RNGing anyways - out hunts can go on for days, weeks, months but a good RNGer can get Pokemon within about 15 mins I think?) but I'm pretty sure there are a number of threads for showing off RNGd pokemon, both shiny and non-shiny.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

Long time reader, first time poster, big time cliche.

I have been unlucky throughout pokemon (started with RB, collectively me and my brother have every game), and have not got one shiny (Bar the red scurge) without trading. I have gotten some through trades, mainly hacked.

Just started MMing for a Shiny Shuckle on 100 eggs so far.

I have a question though: I have a Living Dex on my game, so only have one box available for storing eggs. Should I still just store the 30, hatch store another 30 hatch, or reset after every 5 eggs or some other method? Currently been doing the fill the one box then hatch thing, but just started to wonder if thats best?

Quote Originally Posted by 345tom View Post

I have been unlucky throughout pokemon (started with RB, collectively me and my brother have every game), and have not got one shiny (Bar the red scurge) without trading. I have gotten some through trades, mainly hacked.

I have a question though: I have a Living Dex on my game, so only have one box available for storing eggs. Should I still just store the 30, hatch store another 30 hatch, or reset after every 5 eggs or some other method? Currently been doing the fill the one box then hatch thing, but just started to wonder if thats best?
    I would personally continue with the method you're using. However, if you have all the games, then why not trade some pokemon over to your brothers Gen 5 game so you have more room and trade them back afterwards. Plus shouldn't you have at least 2 boxes free, even WITH a 'Living Pokedex' (I assume that means a space for each Pokemon)?

EDIT: I'll be honest though, I've never really understood why people do the whole one-of-each-species thing. Only because I'm definitely a collector - I like to have at least one of every item, I have to own all the Pokemon in my Pokedex, etc. - but even I only have a space for each evolved Pokemon (for example, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Butterfree, etc.). I don't understand why the every species method is favoured over the method I use as, in my mind, it's obvious that each one was obtained by evolving (I never catch evolved Pokemon) and you have therefore owned them all. Am I the only person who thinks like this?
    Last edited by doodlecloud; 10th August 2012 at 5:08 PM.

Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    I don't mind hearing about the difficult RNGs. I only stop caring when you get those posts about how someone RNG'd 6 shinies in an hour. Then my response is more like *shrug* "it's nice that you finally got the hang of it"
    In general, RNGs are probably better received in the "Discuss My Pokemon" thread though.

What was giving you trouble with the Regi?

@345tom, it really doesn't matter which method you use. Pick whichever one keeps you interested longer. When it comes down to it, anything that helps your patience last with a hunt is the way to go. Once you get sick of it and stop your chances become zero.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Congrats on the shiny Tynamo!

Done 1,000 encounters so far today so by tonight I'd have gone over the odds again. I hate shiny hunting now haha.

Good luck peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane Clarthy View Post
    Man, I feel like a ****** right now, but sorry! I guess I was looking to see who posted it and saw someone with a quote about what you said and must have just stupidly thought, "Oh, it was Claus!" or something ... Forgive me, please?

And it's not you who are bad, it's your games ... but they will eventually spit something out, I'm sure. Good luck!
    Haha its okay Zane. and nope, I am that bad, in platinum, I was training in the island after the E4, and a shiny Lvl 42 machoke, wasn't even looking for it, and the lowest level Pokemon I had was my lvl 50 pidgeot. I used a move that wasn't super effective, but right before I hit it, we hit a bump in the road, and I OHKO it with fly... But Im trying to get back into hunting. Since I couldn't ever chain cause of my badness... Lol. Anyways, its okay! Haha. And on the community hunt, up to 300, before I fell asleep.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Best reclaim that Machoke then.

I'm at 5,400 REs, and still no shiny. Well, not giving up on my longest hunt now.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    Darn I'm already using a Static pokemon so I can find more tynamo.
    You should probably stick with that, then. If you're REing, you want to enhance your chances of getting the right shiny rather than have as many encounters as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    Had a random encounter with a shiny Rhyhorn in HG yesterday. Didn't catch it though, since I already have a shiny Rhyperior
    What did you do that for?! All shinies are valuable - you could have at least traded it for another shiny with a member here. Or you could have just given it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 345tom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    I would personally continue with the method you're using. However, if you have all the games, then why not trade some pokemon over to your brothers Gen 5 game so you have more room and trade them back afterwards. Plus shouldn't you have at least 2 boxes free, even WITH a 'Living Pokedex' (I assume that means a space for each Pokemon)?

EDIT: I'll be honest though, I've never really understood why people do the whole one-of-each-species thing. Only because I'm definitely a collector - I like to have at least one of every item, I have to own all the Pokemon in my Pokedex, etc. - but even I only have a space for each evolved Pokemon (for example, Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Butterfree, etc.). I don't understand why the every species method is favoured over the method I use as, in my mind, it's obvious that each one was obtained by evolving (I never catch evolved Pokemon) and you have therefore owned them all. Am I the only person who thinks like this?
    I don't understand the "living Dex" thing either. I'm never going to use a Bulbasaur. I'll use Venusaur, and it's kind of obvious that if I have Venusaur, I had both Bulbasaur and Ivysaur at one point, or if I didn't, I have access to them via breeding.

345tom, the two main ways that people MM is either by collecting 5 eggs, hatching, and then collecting 5 more, etc., or by filling up as many boxes as possible with eggs and then hatching them all at once. You'll find that both methods are pretty common. If you're serious about this living Dex thing, then you're probably limited to just one box. Your only options are to hatch 5 eggs at a time or to release your unevolved Pokemon that you don't need to clear up some space.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I once considered making a living dex. Sorry, a living SHINY dex, pretty much with only MY Trainer IDs. I realized early on that this was insane. But the thing that actually stopped me was I didn't have space for both genders of every pokemon >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I don't understand the "living Dex" thing either. I'm never going to use a Bulbasaur. I'll use Venusaur, and it's kind of obvious that if I have Venusaur, I had both Bulbasaur and Ivysaur at one point, or if I didn't, I have access to them via breeding.

345tom, the two main ways that people MM is either by collecting 5 eggs, hatching, and then collecting 5 more, etc., or by filling up as many boxes as possible with eggs and then hatching them all at once. You'll find that both methods are pretty common. If you're serious about this living Dex thing, then you're probably limited to just one box. Your only options are to hatch 5 eggs at a time or to release your unevolved Pokemon that you don't need to clear up some space.
    I tried the only having one fully evolved of each, but it irked me that I'd caught other Pokemon or had had to breed specifically to get a baby from them. It helped me organise myself.

I don't have two as I have unown spaces. And my brother doesn't live with me now (moved for Uni), so can't use his for storage. It'll chafe when I get Black 2.

Thanks for the advice though, will continue with that method. I just really like knowing I definitely have everything.

Hey 345tom, if you're going for a Living Dex, be sure to catch all 4,000,000,000+ variations of Spinda, all Unowns, all Rotom formes, Giratina (both formes), Shaymin (both formes), and 17 Arceus (each with a different Plate).
    Don't let me put you off doing what you want to do in your game, though...

In other news, still hunting Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres in Platinum. It gets annoying, as countless encounters of the same bird can get tedious. Why couldn't the Marking Map have a blue marker for Articuno, yellow for Zapdos and red for Moltres?!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

9,600 REs

I've almost got 400 eevee eggs, 1300 encounters in the RE, and i'm thinking of starting an MM in platinum just for fun.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Quote Originally Posted by Claus351 View Post
    I've almost got 400 eevee eggs, 1300 encounters in the RE, and i'm thinking of starting an MM in platinum just for fun.
    Good luck!

As for me, I'm about 100 encounters into the community hunt, 22 eggs into the Zangoose hunt, and 500 encounters in the Route 4 hunt. Nothing has shone yet, but I would have been surprised if something was shiny.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Hey 345tom, if you're going for a Living Dex, be sure to catch all 4,000,000,000+ variations of Spinda, all Unowns, all Rotom formes, Giratina (both formes), Shaymin (both formes), and 17 Arceus (each with a different Plate).
    Don't let me put you off doing what you want to do in your game, though...
    Yet you decided to comment on it and be a bit of a prat about it at the same time. Nice. And, since you seem soo concerned about my system, I have chosen not to store differences that can be affected after the pokemon is caught, i.e no form changing item. Plus Spinda differences tend to be so pointless and un noticeable, I dont see the point in collecting Spindas either. And Yes, I do collect all the Unown (Said earlier)- a big enough noticeable difference between them, and you know when you are done.

Anyway, back to shiny related stuff, still going for shuckle, after I posted, I took a break for a while so haven't really done many more eggs.

Sorry about that, was not trying to be immature about it, hope you get your Shuckle soon... I was only being jokey about the Spindas... Shame there's no way of telling as there's no joke smilie on these boards... Sorry, once again, and no hard feelings?
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

9,600 REs

Now at 8,500 encounters. Shiny hunting can really be so infuriating when all the hunts go over the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    Good luck!

As for me, I'm about 100 encounters into the community hunt, 22 eggs into the Zangoose hunt, and 500 encounters in the Route 4 hunt. Nothing has shone yet, but I would have been surprised if something was shiny.
    Thank! good luck with yours! =D I'm having troubel finding foreign for my secret platinum hunt and thinking of just going for a ditto. idk how to balance out my hunts, any suggestions?
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Page 50 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast