Page 52 of 208 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 5193

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

The last one I remember was the Victini event. Though I could be wrong.

oh, forgot about that one. and it had a shiny lock on it, so you couldn't get that shiny either >.< well the 3rd gen events like Faraway Island Mew you could SR shiny. that's what I was thinking about in my last post

edit - forgot to update with my Chargestone Cave hunt. At the end of the day, I'm at a total of 2754 encounters since I started the hunt.
    Last edited by Dangertrout; 11th August 2012 at 6:47 AM.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawk View Post
    How long does it usually take to get shines?
    It depends on how you do it. There are different methods for getting shinies - REing (random encountering), SRing (soft resetting), and MMing (Masuda Method-ing) are the three most common ways. A shiny has a 1/8192 of appearing in the wild. However, in Generations IV and V, Masuda announced that he had introduced a method of breeding that increased the chances of finding a shiny to 1/1366. If you breed two Pokemon that originated in different language games together, the chances are increased. This is called the Masuda Method, and it is the reason that Japanese Dittos are so valuable.

REing and SRing still have the 1/8192 chance of producing a shiny. Shiny hunting takes a LOT of time and patience. Even using the Masuda Method is very, very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyBlackWhite View Post
    Sorry I did hear it is possible to get a shiny pokemon from a event delivery. My bad though.
    No, you cannot get a shiny from an event delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I think the only events you can SR to be shiny are the ones that are activated by an item. which they haven't done in forever
    This is true - any Wifi Gift or Pokemon received at a game store cannot be shiny, ever at all, unless it was a shiny event, like the dogs. The events activated by an item most of the time allow for a shiny to be SR'd for. This is true for the Mew in Emerald (which was supposed to have a shiny lock, but didn't, making this shiny very rare and valuable), the Eon Ticket Latios and Latias, and other item-activated events. It is assumed that the Azure Flute Arceus will be allowed to be shiny if it is ever released.

The last one I remember was the Victini event. Though I could be wrong.
    The Victini event, however, had a shiny lock on it. There are NO shiny Victinis, so if someone tries to give you one, they hacked it.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

The count is... 400! Haha, decided to do 50 more before bed, which turned into 100, abs then into 150, i thunk I wont be to busy tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get at least past 800. It does get very boring but I'm recording a lot of comedies, so I should be okay and I have decided. I will be doing Badgequest for 1 Ruby, Ss, and white. After the community hunt. Well after I find a shiny. And then will be doing mm's, and re's on my main white. Still thinking about doing a Badgequest on platinum. Good luck everyone on the community hunt!
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Quote Originally Posted by Asheina View Post
    @Claus351: You RE for fun?! What-is-this-I-don’t-even. Dude, I wish I had a mindset like yours. >.<
    What makes it fun is picking a route that has several or a pokemon that you really want as a shiny . On my white I'm RE in the double grass at dragonspiral tower (finally winter, thank goodness I could finally run up that slope) because I want a shiny meinshao, druddigon, and sawsbuck so its a nice bundle area for me to hunt in .
    Credit to Mew_ for the pokemon banner, Equal-to-Heaven for the braviary clock, ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the pokemon badge, and the shiny card made by me

Friend code: 0533-5377-8837
    I have normal type (minccino, dunsparce and smeargle)

Spoiler:- My shiny card:
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vs1amu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2vhzyoj.jpg[/IMG]

Hey guys just a quick question... How do you people make your shiny cards?
    I tryed making one and it failed. -_-
    Haven't done much at all on my tepig because I'm heavy into my Diamond game aiming for the pokeradar.

Good luck and
    *May the shine be with you*
    FC: 5129-0703-6916
    I'm always keen for battles, PM if you want
        Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Credit: Varanus for the Shiny Card. Dragonitor for the Userbar. Brutakablaziken for the mudkip userbar
    Thanks so much!
    May the shine be with you!

FINALLY!!

After 9,037 encounters a shiny Mareep just came across my screen. A quick glare by Arbok paralyzed it then 3 premier balls later that beauty was mine!

7 shinies down, 1 to go!

Best of luck everyone!

Yay for dan!
    Filling up boxes of charmander eggs. Black charizard- So cool!
    My Hunts:
    30 srs

My shines:
    none ;(

Quote Originally Posted by dan2point5 View Post
    FINALLY!!

After 9,037 encounters a shiny Mareep just came across my screen. A quick glare by Arbok paralyzed it then 3 premier balls later that beauty was mine!

7 shinies down, 1 to go!

Best of luck everyone!
    Congrats! I want a shiny Mareep one day! As for now, I just want Sneasel. 90 more eggs to hatch before I have to start collecting again. And I dont have much faith in these 90. SO it looks like I am going to hit 2,250 sneasel and have to collect again.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Red face

Yay for dan!
    Filling up boxes of charmander eggs. Black charizard- So cool!
    I wish you luck Charmander was my first legit shiny.
    My Re count is up to 442.

Woo! Dan, thank goodness you finally got a shiny! Good luck on your next hunt, wherever that may be.

5,453 REs. When will it end? XD
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

OMG! OMG! OMG! YES! FINALLY!!! I got my shiny Sneasel in my LAST box of eggs!!! Holy crap! It is a male, naive nature, and has the ability keen eye. I will post a picture when I get to my house! (I don't know how to work my fiance's webcam). Wow. Last box! Anyways, this Sneasel took 2,222 eggs! (Love that number btw). So excited! Aipom, you better be a quick hunt. Will hatch these last 25 Sneasel and get on the Aipom hunt right away! Pic coming soon!

EDIT: Here's the picture!
    111444.jpg
    Last edited by KittyKitty3308; 11th August 2012 at 5:35 PM.
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKitty3308 View Post
    OMG! OMG! OMG! YES! FINALLY!!! I got my shiny Sneasel in my LAST box of eggs!!! Holy crap! It is a male, naive nature, and has the ability keen eye. I will post a picture when I get to my house! (I don't know how to work my fiance's webcam). Wow. Last box! Anyways, this Sneasel took 2,222 eggs! (Love that number btw). So excited! Aipom, you better be a quick hunt. Will hatch these last 25 Sneasel and get on the Aipom hunt right away! Pic coming soon!
    Wow great for you that you finally got that Sneasel. And 2.222 is a funny/nice number to end with. I'm rooting for you that you might have a short Aipom hunt.
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

Yay! Good work kitty! I knew your hard work and perseverance would finally pay off :-)

Keep going Aqua and Sawk, you'll get it soon!

Thanks again guys and best of luck.

wow major congratz to Dan and kitty nice

:P gl in your next hunts im gonna continue my eevee hunt
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

10 eggs so far- I'm slow. Any tips to keep myself entertained and tips to hatch faster?
    My Hunts:
    30 srs

My shines:
    none ;(

10 eggs so far- I'm slow. Any tips to keep myself entertained and tips to hatch faster?
    Watch TV. XD Anyways after doing some preparations for school, I could start on RE'ing today. Hoping to get another 600 RE's today.
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

Woo! Nice shiny Kitty, good luck in your future hunts.

I'm at 5,695 REs, so It may shine soon.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

Well, I'd definitely use a Pokemon with Magma Armour, and as such, when an egg hatches, get another out of the PC. I normally collect a batch of 30 before going to my hatching area. Good luck on your hunts, and, as ipodcheese got to make a reference...

'Happy Shining Games, and may the odds be ever in your favour!' (<- true)
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodcheese View Post
    I tryed making one and it failed. -_-
    Haven't done much at all on my tepig because I'm heavy into my Diamond game aiming for the pokeradar.

Good luck and
    *May the shine be with you*
    I made mine myself, but you have various shops on the forums that make shiny cards

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

Do you guys need me to post images of my new shinies when I catch them? I don't have a usable camera you see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ipodcheese View Post
    I made mine myself, too. I got the blank template from The Shiny Hunters' Forum, and I use Paint.NET to add in all of the sprites and colors. If you want step-by-step directions, VM or PM me. I can also email you the blank template if you want. If you ask really nicely I'll make you one out of the goodness of my heart

Make sure that the Pokemon in your party has either Flame Body or Magma Armor as its ability, because that will halve your hatching time. Volcarona is the best option because it can learn Fly. I recommend watching movies while you do this to pass the time.

Do you guys need me to post images of my new shinies when I catch them? I don't have a usable camera you see.
    No one needs you to post images, but seeing pictures of everyone's shinies always gives us motivation and hope!

-----
    You guys, I think I'm going to start on a Spinda hunt. I encountered a shiny Spinda in Sapphire years ago and I accidentally killed it. I also need to reclaim Tentacool, as it was the first shiny I ever found - also in Sapphire - and because I was a kid I thought my game was messed up so I ran away from it. I'm still upset about both of these, so I will reclaim them!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

congrats to kitty and dan your hard work has finally paid of, now for mine shine!!!! started hatching eggs, ive a good feeling about today.... gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    Well, I'd definitely use a Pokemon with Magma Armour, and as such, when an egg hatches, get another out of the PC. I normally collect a batch of 30 before going to my hatching area. Good luck on your hunts, and, as ipodcheese got to make a reference...

'Happy Shining Games, and may the odds be ever in your favour!' (<- true)
    I usually do it 4 or 5 boxes at a time. and hahaha *eats bread loaf* :P I get the reference. Started my mm in platinum today as a side thing, and still mming in white. almost at the 500 mark.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Thanks to Dragonitor for the userbar.

Current hunts: ~700 eggs (MM) (on hold) , , SR's (BQ) - 9,300
    Finished hunts: 2,058 COMPLETE!! =DDDDD (RE's) 1,664 RE's Complete

May the person with the most sanity and tons of headache medicine and tolerance for hatching loads of eggs win!

Credits to Master of Murkrow for the awesome BQ card

Congratulations, Kitty, Dan, and others!

I am back in full swing of hunting, almost at 345 Absol eggs. I am considering switching targets or starting an RE, but there are so many targets I want at the moment.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Page 52 of 208 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast