Page 53 of 208 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 5193

Thread: Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I made mine myself, too. I got the blank template from The Shiny Hunters' Forum, and I use Paint.NET to add in all of the sprites and colors. If you want step-by-step directions, VM or PM me. I can also email you the blank template if you want. If you ask really nicely I'll make you one out of the goodness of my heart

Make sure that the Pokemon in your party has either Flame Body or Magma Armor as its ability, because that will halve your hatching time. Volcarona is the best option because it can learn Fly. I recommend watching movies while you do this to pass the time.

No one needs you to post images, but seeing pictures of everyone's shinies always gives us motivation and hope!

-----
    You guys, I think I'm going to start on a Spinda hunt. I encountered a shiny Spinda in Sapphire years ago and I accidentally killed it. I also need to reclaim Tentacool, as it was the first shiny I ever found - also in Sapphire - and because I was a kid I thought my game was messed up so I ran away from it. I'm still upset about both of these, so I will reclaim them!

Thank you for letting me know. Like I said I just don't have a working camera i could use.

Quote Originally Posted by Birds of Paradise View Post
    What makes it fun is picking a route that has several or a pokemon that you really want as a shiny . On my white I'm RE in the double grass at dragonspiral tower (finally winter, thank goodness I could finally run up that slope) because I want a shiny meinshao, druddigon, and sawsbuck so its a nice bundle area for me to hunt in .
    Excuse me, but what's RE? >.<

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Random Encounters
    My Hunts:
    30 srs

My shines:
    none ;(

Oh... That seems a little hard, doesn't it?

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrosion View Post
    Oh... That seems a little hard, doesn't it?
    Not necessarily - some people like the surprise of not knowing what shiny they'll get, and others think it's easier to RE than breed. You can make REing go by really quickly if you put a Pokemon with Illuminate at the front of your party and ride the bike at the same time. Of course, if you do this, you have no control over what Pokemon or nature you will encounter like you would if you used Magnet Pull, Static, or Synchronize.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Soooooooooo SR hunt for Tepig is going way to slow! I do like 5 SR then I stop
    I need some motivation!!
    Congratz on kitty and dan for those amazing shinies
    Still going on Diamond I need that pokeradar!!!
    Good luck to all hunts and
    *May the shine be with you*
    FC: 5129-0703-6916
    I'm always keen for battles, PM if you want
        Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Credit: Varanus for the Shiny Card. Dragonitor for the Userbar. Brutakablaziken for the mudkip userbar
    Thanks so much!
    May the shine be with you!

Um... do other stuff while shiny hunting? I'm not sure, as I generally try to hunt two or three shinies at once.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    Um... do other stuff while shiny hunting? I'm not sure, as I generally try to hunt two or three shinies at once.
    Thanks Earth wolf I'm suddenly feeling alot more motivated to get that golden piggy!!
    *May the shine be with you*
    FC: 5129-0703-6916
    I'm always keen for battles, PM if you want
        Spoiler:- Shiny Card:

Credit: Varanus for the Shiny Card. Dragonitor for the Userbar. Brutakablaziken for the mudkip userbar
    Thanks so much!
    May the shine be with you!

No problem! Still quite a cool pun, though.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

I have claimed Pyroar!

My first Shiny I ever cought (besides the Red gyarados) was a tentacool and the last shiny I encontered is a Excadrill.

So far In White i got a Excadrill, Mareep and a Deerling.

Excadrill is the coolest looking one, Mareep is the cuite one and, deerling is deerling

Not asking just hoping for this to be an avatar,

1500 eggs now for treecko, im speeding up, at this rate im getting MORE motivated because i know the shine is just around the corner gl to anyone who needs it and once again congrats to dan and kitty
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    1500 eggs now for treecko, im speeding up, at this rate im getting MORE motivated because i know the shine is just around the corner gl to anyone who needs it and once again congrats to dan and kitty
    Good luck! I trust you're going to evolve it to Sceptile considering your avatar?

My Fabulous Tumblr
    I have claimed Chimchar

Thank you everyone on the grats of sneasel. I am now working hard collecting for my aipom. Hoping this one will be a quick hunt. Currently at about 165/450 eggs collected since getting sneasel this morning. I hope you get that treeko soon! Sceptile looks awesome!

Good luck everyone on your hunts!
    OR BQ: 1. (Dec 13) 2. (Dec 14) 3. (Dec 21) 4. (Dec 21) 5. (Dec 25) 6. ? 7. 8.

Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: OR: BQ #6 & AS: ?

3DS Friend Codes:
    2165-6202-2279
    5370-0975-3532

I dont think ive ever posted in this thread...... Ppl that post in the 5th gen thread might now that i have some cool shinies, and i do live encounters and post them on youtube. I think i have 23 shinies now?

So I'm trying this hatching method for the first time; I've noticed that everyone seems to be collecting a gigantic number of eggs prior to hatching them. Wouldn't it be the same if I just collected a party of eggs, hatched them, then repeated, and just turned off the game whenever I had something else I needed to do?

Why collect hundreds of eggs before hatching them, and what's wrong with resetting the game after a handful of eggs?

Quote Originally Posted by abdulmuhsee View Post
    So I'm trying this hatching method for the first time; I've noticed that everyone seems to be collecting a gigantic number of eggs prior to hatching them. Wouldn't it be the same if I just collected a party of eggs, hatched them, then repeated, and just turned off the game whenever I had something else I needed to do?

Why collect hundreds of eggs before hatching them, and what's wrong with resetting the game after a handful of eggs?

It's just personal preference. I've dabbled in both ways, and I usually pick a hatching method based on the speed the eggs hatch and how quickly they get produced.

I personally thought that it was faster to collect a batch and grab a new egg after one hatched, but just personal preference, I guess.

I have claimed Pyroar!

thanx kitty and chrosion, i will evolve it WHEN i get it, it will be ev trained to lv.100 in sp.atk and either speed or atk, its coming soon i know it, gl
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

The way you worded this is kind of vague, so you need to be careful how you do this. The shininess of a Pokemon is determined when you get the egg from the Day-Care Man. If you collected 5 eggs, hatched them, and then SR'd and collected 5 eggs again, that would work. However, you can't collect 5 eggs, save, and then hatch those same 5 eggs over and over. That won't work. You have to get the eggs fresh from the Day-Care Man each time.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNiles View Post
    It's just personal preference. I've dabbled in both ways, and I usually pick a hatching method based on the speed the eggs hatch and how quickly they get produced.
    Good to know; here I was starting to think I was somehow "resetting my chances" once I turned off the DS.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    The way you worded this is kind of vague, so you need to be careful how you do this. The shininess of a Pokemon is determined when you get the egg from the Day-Care Man. If you collected 5 eggs, hatched them, and then SR'd and collected 5 eggs again, that would work. However, you can't collect 5 eggs, save, and then hatch those same 5 eggs over and over. That won't work. You have to get the eggs fresh from the Day-Care Man each time.
    Thanks. I know that once the egg is produced, the pokemon inside is already determined. That would be awfully bad if I kept resetting with the same batch of eggs!

One more thing, the shiny hatching method does work with a ditto as one of the pokemon, correct?
    Last edited by abdulmuhsee; 12th August 2012 at 1:04 AM.

Goodjob Kitty! Sneasel is an awesome shiny! I hope to get around to get one myself!
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Im taking a break from collecting cyndaquil eggs to RE a little bit. just to keep myself motivated. Ive already hatched 2250 eggs. But I have a feeling that in the next batch of eggs there is a brown one.

Do you guys have a special feeling too just before you get a shiny?

Spoiler:- Y Badge Quest:

Quote Originally Posted by master of murkrow View Post
    Im taking a break from collecting cyndaquil eggs to RE a little bit. just to keep myself motivated. Ive already hatched 2250 eggs. But I have a feeling that in the next batch of eggs there is a brown one.

Do you guys have a special feeling too just before you get a shiny?
    Never...that's something what I hate about myself. XD Nah just kidding. Anyways I had another 600 encounters today bringing my total up to 1903 RE's. I hope that it will shine between 2000 or 3000 (or even between 3000 or 4000 but not anywhere higher then that. XD).
    My Shinies -><- My Shinies
    ^These Shinies aren't up for trade!^
    ----------
    BadgeQuest -><- Shiny Card
    Claimed the fluffiest Dragon of all ... ALTARIA

Here is one more for the Community Hunt. Shiny Joltik

When I last checked in, I had finished my Pokedex and got the Shiny Charm. This is why you would want a living Pokedex by the way it makes it much easier to get the Shiny Charm (a ton of trading is required to do so unfortunately). Anyway I was quadruple hunting, and on the Shiny Charm game I came across a shiny Joltik. I figure it was about 3936 encounters across all four games.

Since it is a japanese game I can't tell what the nature is, but it appears to be a neutral one. I can't tell what the characteristic is either. It is level 28 and has
    HP 74, ATK 33, DEF 37, SpATK 40, SpDEF41, and Speed 45 or approximately HP 30, ATK 7, DEF 16, SpATK 12, SpDEF 30, and Speed 14. Too bad the Attack stat is so poor. Still I am happy to get it. Good luck everyone.

Anyone with tips? Im getting bored! but! Im sticking to it. Im making myself. Since I always think of things to do on games, but never actually do it. Or when I do, I always cut it short. I an an impatient person. Very badly. But Im not giving up this. I just need tips, cause today I could have easily passed the 1000 mark. But I don't know why I just never picked my ds up.but this helping me with patience. I guess im bored cause of the constant blue I guess.

Any tips would help
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Page 53 of 208 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast