Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #54

Some people got some long *** posts... Well quag is indeed a good wall but 100% of the time I will use slowbro > quaggy. Slowbro has a max 350 defense. Even with unaware, an adamant haxorus easily OHKO's quaggy at full health and does roughly 70% to a bolded slowbro. Not to mention slowbro's decnt HP which also beats quaggy. And would you rather toxic a sweeper or para it? Slowbro even has access to FIRE BLAST. So bye bye grass mons. But most impressively to me is that slowbro has access to CALM MIND which totally out classes curse. A big defensive wall that just boosted his sp def by a shyt load and has access to slack off? Yeah G_G. Sorry to rain on your parade quag xD

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Some people got some long *** posts... Well quag is indeed a good wall but 100% of the time I will use slowbro > quaggy. Slowbro has a max 350 defense. Even with unaware, an adamant haxorus easily OHKO's quaggy at full health and does roughly 70% to a bolded slowbro. Not to mention slowbro's decnt HP which also beats quaggy. And would you rather toxic a sweeper or para it? Slowbro even has access to FIRE BLAST. So bye bye grass mons. But most impressively to me is that slowbro has access to CALM MIND which totally out classes curse. A big defensive wall that just boosted his sp def by a shyt load and has access to slack off? Yeah G_G. Sorry to rain on your parade quag xD
    No mention of Regenerator, arguably the BEST THING EVER to happen to Slowbro since Slack Off?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    No mention of Regenerator, arguably the BEST THING EVER to happen to Slowbro since Slack Off?
    Oh yeah lol forgot about that even more reason to use slowbro haha

The thing Quag has over Slowbro, though, is that he can check setup sweepers, something that can eventually muscle past Slowbro.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Scald = burn
    twave for those damn sp attackers that r stupid enough to come in on slowbro

edit: adamant hax at +0 OHKO's quag at full health.

So now what, change the POTW to Slobro?

Why don't we just focus on the featured pokemon, the one that this is all about?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

We are, we are just focusing in it's weak points lol

and gtg!

What, exactly, can Slowbro do against a Lum SD Haxorus? Get ripped to shreds by a Rivalry-boosted +2 Outrage?

Haxorus isn't even guaranteed a 2HKO against physically defensive Quagsire with Outrage without a boosting item or +Rivalry. Meanwhile, Quagsire threatens to burn you with Scald. Even if you have a Lum Berry, you can only protect from one Scald burn or Outrage confusion.

Quagsire@Leftovers
    Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Unaware
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp. Def
    - Stockpile
    - Scald
    - Earthquake / Swagger
    - Recover

Stockpile boosts both of your defensive stats. Scald burns and can wear down the foe and cripple physical attackers. Earthquake is there for a bit more coverage and something else to use, but Swagger is also useful. Swagger confuses the foe and sharply raises their attack so that they hurt themselves more in confusion. If they hit you instead, the +2 will be ignored by Unaware and you won't be taking any extra damage. Recover is a great recovery move.

@ Jesus- outrage at +0 OHKOs defensive quag at adamant.

Not without a boosting item, it doesn't. I'll show you.

With this damage calculator, I got this:

252 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Quagsire: 47.97% - 56.6%
    2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Possible HP Damage: 189, 192, 193, 196, 198, 201, 202, 205, 207, 210, 211, 214, 216, 219, 220, 223

With this damage calculator, I got this:

432 Atk vs 295 Def & 394 HP (120 Base Power): 189 - 223 (47.97% - 56.60%)

Heck, I just ran another calc, and even 0/0 neutral Def nature Quagsire is not OHKOd by Adamant Haxorus's Outrage unless it holds a boosting item.

So if there was ever proof that Quagsire is an absolute boss...there it is.

@Jets:

Adamant Haxorus with 252 Atk EVs does 60.15% to 70.81% to Bold Defensive Quagsire. And that's with the Rivalry bonus.

And with Choice Band, it does 89.85% to 105.84% which is still not a guaranteed OHKO. So please stop trying to act smart.

EDITL
    ninja'd by jesusfreak

Personal Moveset:
    Ability: Unaware
    Item: Rindo Berry
    Scald
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Stone Edge/Sludge Bomb
    Got Pokémon X. Intend to get either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.
    No info about my Friend Safari.
    Vivillon Pattern: Polar
    Looking for nicknamed, shiny, and/or have a hidden ability in GTS and may battle at anytime.
    If interested, send a private message with your ID #.

0 def EV Quagsire after 2 curses can take Breloom's seed bombs with ease... Learn something new every day, huh

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCrow View Post
    0 def EV Quagsire after 2 curses can take Breloom's seed bombs with ease... Learn something new every day, huh
    Not really, only if he's burned, which he almost definitely will not be, he'll be poisoned

Not sure if it is realy great, but this is my personal moveset I use in B&W:
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Hold: Absorb Bulb
    -Earthquake
    -Surf (/Scald/Muddy Water?)
    -Toxic
    -Rest

Basically use Toxic as a first move to get the foe's health start to fall, and use Earthquake or Surf to damage them. Use rest when your health gets down. If anyone even tries to hit Quagsire with a water move, they're in for a surprise, as Quagsire's health and special attack get boosted. However, if you're playing an opponent who has any moves other than water type (pretty likely), this will only work once.

And another moveset trying to be different:
    Ability: Unaware
    Holding: Red Card
    - Double Team
    - Mist
    - Safeguard
    - Scald
    Basically tried to make it as annoying as possible. Quagsire's pretty slow, so you'll want use double team alot at first to raise its evasiveness, and whenever anyone attacks it physically, they're switched out. Mist and safeguard to keeps its stats safe and prevent any conditions. Scald is its attacking move, and hopefully you burn the target.
    I may need alot of help.

Diamond: and
    Soulsilver: three random
    Black: and

Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Not really, only if he's burned, which he almost definitely will not be, he'll be poisoned
    Yea, idk how it happened, but it managed to happen on PO... then i ran it thru the damage calculator and got jaw dropping numbers on what it shoulda been...... Breloom woulda had to be timid and i'd have to have full ev investment in defense after 6 curses to get that kind of outcome...and tht concludes my report
    Last edited by MetalCrow; 15th January 2012 at 9:38 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123