Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Playstyle?

Default What's Your Playstyle?

There are many different ways to play the game of competitive pokemon. There is Hyper Offense, Stall, Bulky Offense, etc. Here is the place to post your playstyle! You can share team structure, favorite strategies, and a lot of other stuff. Have fun!

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I like Bulky things. I always have an insecurity if things have HP in the 200's. I always fear they're not strong enough. Not meaning they're not worthy, but I'm using them in the wrong environment.

high speed and attack is what I look for
        Spoiler:- random peaks:
    User Extroph Made The Sexy Banner :3

I just like good synergy in my team. Sometimes i follow a structure like Lead type Pokemon, Physical and special sweeper, physical and specially defensive walls and lastly a revenge killer type Pokemon. Most likely something with a choice scarf. Not how i always do it but it gives me more of a guideline on how to build my team sometimes.

I have a format, where I use three supporters or walls, two sweepers or wall breakers, and one set up sweeper, usually bulky.

I don't just got in and pick random ones, though. My three walls concentrate on synergy and defensive cores, while my offensive pokemon go for coverage(Ex.Physical Lucario+Special Gengar). My late game sweeper is usually just a random one I find useful, and the rest of the team is built around that.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I love Trick Room. The fact that all I have to do is drop my speed and focus on HP and its Attacking stat makes it so viable to me. It doesn't help that I'm one of those people that like to only use Pokemon they like, and a lot of my favorite Pokemon are quite slow.

So now, they're slow, and bulky.

And then, I prefer Doubles to Singles. I used to hate Double Battles, but then I started playing in the VGC Style and I got hooked. I have two Pokemon out, and they help each other. It's a whole new level of strategizing, and I personally enjoy it much more.

I also prefer to try and use Pokemon/strategies that aren't so common. With Pokemon, that's not so hard. I like a lot of Pokemon, so I have a large pool to choose from. But when it comes to strategies, I'm little more hardpressed trying to stay unpredictable. But I try.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I use a High and Defensive Counter Playstyle

I usually go for bulky offensnse, as that allows you to take a hit when your pokemon doesn't do enough damage to KO. Sometimes I'll incorporate other style into whatever bulky offense team I'm using, like weather.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

I mix it up too much to have a specific play-style. I kind of just make teams as I go, experiment with combinations, emulation of popular styles, etc.

I do like using tricksters a lot because they tend to throw wigits into opponents plans, but that is non-exclusive and never pigeon-holed into anything, it just happens if I feel they are right for the job.
    The Journey (Rated R)

A pokemon adventure that will take you on a journey through the lives of budding trainers.

3DS friend code: 2981-6128-1202

Local Vivillon: Polar Pattern. If you want one I shall send it.

I love hyper offense. My general policy when battling with my best team: Hit hard, and don't give your opponent a chance to hit back (usually works, too).

When I'm not using my best team, I like strategic and careful offense. After all, too much hyper offense does lead to defeat when an opponent out-stalls or out-smarts you.
    I will be less active as time goes on; I have many things to do to get into college and will be focusing on that, so if you don't hear from me for a while, just be patient. I will respond, but it may take some time.

Black FC: 1764-6597-3816

Spoiler:- claims:

I personally like making really balanced teams with 3 walls and 3 offensive pokemon. It always seems to work well for me.

Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

I prefer weather offense, and it's what I do best at. The strategy element of dominating an opposing weather to take control of the battle while not losing your own weather make it very fun and difficult to play, but the payout is enormous.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

My format is a physical wall, special wall, something that can take hits from ether side, has good synergy, and can faze things out. A revenge killer, a stall breaker/back up revenge killer, and set up sweeper. I also like my walls being able to sweep if they have an opportunity to. i.e. Curselax and Calm Mind Bro.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

Quote Originally Posted by magikarprules View Post
    I prefer weather offense, and it's what I do best at. The strategy element of dominating an opposing weather to take control of the battle while not losing your own weather make it very fun and difficult to play, but the payout is enormous.
    Weather Offense is like using the Heat on NBA 2k12, literally anyone with a brain can be good when they use them.
    Pokemon White FC (Chad): 2108-2240-2669

DW females I have for trade:
    shinys I have for trade: x2

I have all the battle subway items

I have the berries that can remove EV mistakes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pokes im looking for:

Adamant/Jolly with v create and fusion bolt.(will give 3 shinies for this)

timid/bold with heat wave. hp ice would be awesome but isnt needed. (will also offer 3 shinies for one of these)
    bold/timid with stealth rock. (will trade 3 shinies for this)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalslaffin View Post
    Weather Offense is like using the Heat on NBA 2k12, literally anyone with a brain can be good when they use them.
    I disagree. Many weather teams are rather unremarkable when their weather is gone, so you need to be able to take out opposing weather starters without losing yours in the process, so you can bring them in and set up your weather. This is far easier said then done, as other players of the same playstyle will be attempting the same thing, so you need to outplay them to turn the tides in your hands.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Just saying that following a certain format when team-building often leads to bad teams.

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

I use weather, Stall, and sometimes Hyper Offense.

I'm certainly an offence orientated player, and I tend to scorn the move protect. Pah! Why hide behind a wall, when you can hit your opponent in the face!

That said, I'm starting to lean towards Bulky Offence recently, mainly due to the great success I've had using Bulky SD Scizor.

Ice Cold Fire

Quote Originally Posted by complete legitimacy View Post
    Just saying that following a certain format when team-building often leads to bad teams.
    I tinker around with my teams a lot when I'm done. I just always want ways to handle walls, and always want ways to take hits.

I use a format mostly because I was stuck on what to do next when building teams before. And even with the format, I still try and make the team revolve around a specific pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I run mainly offense teams, with 3 attackers, and 3 sp.attackers. I make sure there is good synergy and a few bulky pokemon.

Spoiler:- Clan:

Credit: Magikarprules for the banner, Devant User bar shop for the user bar.

I have a long-standing love affair with Bulky Offense. It's not too crazy but not too conservative. It's a great midpoint between Stall and Hyper Offense.
    A Remnant of the Battling Academy:
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/200s1s4.gif[/IMG]

My Current Team:

I change up my style ever so often. It was ho for a while (probably one of my best teams) now it's a weather team. Thinking of making a new team since the enchanted garden league has kinda disappeared

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I'm always mixing things up so I really don't have a set play style. However, I do have a common reoccurring tendency to use weaker Pokemon in higher tiers.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I just started to try to use Heavy Offense over Stall.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

I just started trying zoroark on my team. It's sooo fun to use. It plays nasty mind games with people and makes them super annoyed. I tried bringing it in late game like Zachmac said and nobody suspects it. Works great

I go for a mix of offense and defense while making sure each team member can help another team member. I also like to predict the opponents moves a lot and switch out but I can over predict real easily.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast