Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Playstyle?

Well, it's like my grandpa always said:
    Beat the **** out of 'em before you're killed by falling debris!
    He was kinda insane, but I do like offensive weather teams, so maybe there was something to it after all.

Xtranus all day all day baby.

And I believe the correct name to this thread shouldve been "what is your BEST playstyle". All good players play a wide variety of styles and the main goal here is to see what best fits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    I just started trying zoroark on my team. It's sooo fun to use. It plays nasty mind games with people and makes them super annoyed. I tried bringing it in late game like Zachmac said and nobody suspects it. Works great
    the point of zoroark is to catch your opponent off guard at the BEGINNING of a match, if the matches score is like 2-2 late in the game and you haven't pulled out zoroark yet, how so you expect to surprise your opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTroopa View Post
    I go for a mix of offense and defense while making sure each team member can help another team member. I also like to predict the opponents moves a lot and switch out but I can over predict real easily.
    the best way to learn predicting is through experience. But i've actually found an efficient way to test your predicting skills. Simply build a very fragile team that RELIES on all the other mons. So like, if one mob is gone, you lose. The point is to predict EVERY SINGLE MOVE CORRECTLY (which can/has been done) in order to defeat your opponent. Personally I use hail teams to work on prediction.

My playstyle is mainly balanced with a certain inclination towards bulky offense, and I also consider it my BEST playstyle, since I don't really like playing with teams of other styles (save for HO) and I find it very suitable for me when it comes to team building to make a balanced team

I love playing stall, but i feel that I'm better at offense. Stall is way more fun though o.o

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    I love playing stall, but i feel that I'm better at offense. Stall is way more fun though o.o
    I have to agree with this 100%. But with the new threats in the current metagame (OU) it is nearly impossible to make a decent stall team without using some gimmick team like BKC's -spread paralysis to everyone of my opponents mons in order for them to rage quit- (RMT on smogon idr the name sadly). Anyhoo, stall is also very uncreative. Everyday I see the generic sun stall and rain stall crap on the ladder and it's not even fun anymore :/ maybe if gamefreak decided to give more defense pokes than I would bet that the metagame would be filled with stall teams rather than balanced teams all carrying checks ie scarf terrakion blantly for QD volc's.

I like a healthy balance in between and my team structure usually follows balanced play style so I can counter either hyper offensive or bulky stall
    Structure is as follows
    Lead/Anti-lead
    Physical Wall/Total Wall
    Wallbreaker
    Support/Wallbreaker
    Set Up sweeper
    Choice User/Tank
    Black FC: 3954 6297 5271
    Youtube name: raquaza2094

the point of zoroark is to catch your opponent off guard at the BEGINNING of a match, if the matches score is like 2-2 late in the game and you haven't pulled out zoroark yet, how so you expect to surprise your opponent?
    The whole trick is that later in the game, it's common for your enemy to forget you have a Zoroark in the first place. It actually does work quit a bit.
    But with the new threats in the current metagame (OU) it is nearly impossible to make a decent stall team without using some gimmick team like BKC's -spread paralysis to everyone of my opponents mons in order for them to rage quit- (RMT on smogon idr the name sadly). Anyhoo, stall is also very uncreative. Everyday I see the generic sun stall and rain stall crap on the ladder and it's not even fun anymore :/ maybe if gamefreak decided to give more defense pokes than I would bet that the metagame would be filled with stall teams rather than balanced teams all carrying checks ie scarf terrakion blantly for QD volc's.
    I've made a pretty nice stall team without any weather or gimmicks. Just being full of offensive pokemon doesn't make stall a gimmick at all. Gliscor, Skarmory, and other physical walls can handle Terrakion. If you out predict a choice set, it'll end up swapping out a lot, and taking a lot of hazards. Volcarona struggles with handling bulky waters and Blissy/Chansy. Ect, ect.

I won't mind if you say you're bad at stall, or insult you for it, but stall is viable.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I like bulky offense and hyper offense and stall, but i usally run a team like this: lead,set-up attacker,scarfed attacker,wall,spinner/stall breaker,coverage/wall/hazards/spinner.

Moar Cinccino & Elesa (Banner credited to Birdy Prohawk)

I am loving stall right now.

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

WEATHERLESS STALL YEAAAAAAAAAH

c

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    The whole trick is that later in the game, it's common for your enemy to forget you have a Zoroark in the first place. It actually does work quit a bit.I've made a pretty nice stall team without any weather or gimmicks. Just being full of offensive pokemon doesn't make stall a gimmick at all. Gliscor, Skarmory, and other physical walls can handle Terrakion. If you out predict a choice set, it'll end up swapping out a lot, and taking a lot of hazards. Volcarona struggles with handling bulky waters and Blissy/Chansy. Ect, ect.

I won't mind if you say you're bad at stall, or insult you for it, but stall is viable.
    gliscor and skarm both get 2HKO'd after a SD from terrak. SE and CC respectively.

come at me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    gliscor and skarm both get 2HKO'd after a SD from terrak. SE and CC respectively.

come at me bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogon
    Gliscor and Slowbro are generally your worst enemies. Unless you're using them to counter Terrakion...then they're probably your best friends. The Swords Dance and Choice Band sets can put huge dents into the both of them, and sometimes straight-up beat them—though oftentimes you'll have to rely on hitting two Stone Edges in a row. That's one of the most frustrating things about countering Terrakion: because it has great STABs and hits so hard, even its "counters" have trouble handling it. Jellicent and Reuniclus can also handle Terrakion to a slight degree. Hippowdon counters Terrakion about as well as Gliscor does and has Slack Off to stick around longer.

If you want to reach down into UU, you can actually find a couple Pokemon that shut down Terrakion better than anything in OU can. Nidoqueen and Golurk are just about full stops to Terrakion. Claydol shuts down most Terrakion, but make sure you don't get caught on the wrong end of a Choice Band-boosted X-Scissor.
    Yeah, a bit tricky to counter, but still possible. Saybleye can come in on a close combat an burn, if that counts for anything.

I'd also like to mention that a good stall team can get away with using an offensive pokemon. Gengar, for example, can come in on a close combat and use the sub/disable combo so it can't use stone edge, while supporting the stall team by handling reuniclus and also spin blocking.

My point is that stall won't be ineffective because of one or two set up sweepers alone. I've had a similar argument before where someone was trying to convince me that offense wasn't viable because of choice scarfs and priority.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Yeah, a bit tricky to counter, but still possible. Saybleye can come in on a close combat an burn, if that counts for anything.

I'd also like to mention that a good stall team can get away with using an offensive pokemon. Gengar, for example, can come in on a close combat and use the sub/disable combo so it can't use stone edge, while supporting the stall team by handling reuniclus and also spin blocking.

My point is that stall won't be ineffective because of one or two set up sweepers alone. I've had a similar argument before where someone was trying to convince me that offense wasn't viable because of choice scarfs and priority.

One word: prediction.

Edit: double dance hax has destroyed all stall teams I have faced on the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Edit: double dance hax has destroyed all stall teams I have faced on the ladder.
    I totally agree with Jets.

Haxorus can destroy any stall team, but it think Quagsire can stop him.
    ♠ ♣ ♦ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperZekrom View Post
    I totally agree with Jets.

Haxorus can destroy any stall team, but it think Quagsire can stop him.
    Mold Breaker

Credit to Blue Harvest for the amazing banner.

My style is throwing random things i think might work together and hoping it's good.

Not very good, but i'm crap so i can't do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbeller View Post
    My style is throwing random things i think might work together and hoping it's good.

Not very good, but i'm crap so i can't do anything else.
    That is not only my favorite style of pokemon battling, but also my favorite style of martial arts, non-Pokemon gaming, preparing food,packing for trips, and DIY repair jobs.

a very high and defensive counter playstyle lol xD

^Do not diss this playstyle. It is possible the best playstyle ever created by man, alien, and pokemon alike. Not even a team of 6 wonderguard spiritombs can stop it! Getting drunk and spamming wobbofett's counter is impossible to stop!

I make sure my team is synergetic, and still wrecks shat.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

bulky offense for me,

stall gets too boring otherwise i would use it more, and i like to have a bulkyness to fall back upon so i rarely use HO

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

I usually use a combo of Bulky offense and stall. Sometimes I use sweepers, but not nearly as much.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

A combination of bulky offense & speedy offense.

Bulky offense to break down walls.

Speedy offense for pure damaging output.
    Click Image To Go To My Shop

My Pokemon takes down the strongest of all walls, and tanks the strongest of all hits. Give them the pleasure of destroying your team.

Pokemon White Friend Code: 5243 2783 1934

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A 3v3 Flat Rule Battle

Break everything.

It really doesn't matter what I start with, my teams always end up looking like this.

Counter/check to threats A-D
    Counter/check to threats E-I
    Counter/check to threats J-M
    Counter/check to threats N-R
    Counter/check to threats S-V
    Counter/check to threats W-Z

It always turns into some sort of balanced offense team by the time I'm done with it, so I guess that would be my style.

I always used to hate slow and bulky guys (EXEPT Swampert) now when im team building most my pokes are more like tanks. im thinking of just rebuilding my team
    Mudkip.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast