Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Playstyle?

I don't really have a specific style of play. I've tried it all, basically. Hyper offense, Stall, Bulky Offense, 6 Random Sweepers, (etc.)
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I like to use bulky offense or semi stall.
    I would use stall more if battling with didn't take so long.

I prefer a team with mixed settings for fun and a good challenge, even if I lost a lot.

Type coverage for me matters, which is why I wanted as many types of pokemon and attacks as possiblle in order to defend myself. but I do love to gimmick. Wth some horrible combos, only for the enemy to have some lost pokes.

I used a mixed set Simipour with sub + taunt + Scald + any move (Attract in my opinion)

My serperior for Dual Screening with light clay holding only Leaf Blade and Leech seed.

Chandelure holds flame charge with powerful attacks like flamethrower, shadow ball and Pain split holding life orb

Cinccino would be my Core pokemon. She's my second best sweeper of my team with life orb Work up/ sub.

Galvantula will be for coverage stab combo with choice scarf/life orb + agility

Mienshao is my suicidal lead/ fake out lead.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Hyper offense or bulky offense.
    I mod the Smogon Forums. Feel free to ask me any questions!

I'm currently working on a balanced team
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Depends who I'm fighting.
    If I'm assuming they're weak and new to the game, I'll toy around with them by using a team full of bulky stalls.
    If I'm assuming they're strong or my level, I'll my regular assortment of 2 physical and 2 special attackers, 1 stall, and 1 medic/ support.
    If I assume I'm gonna lose, I'll use hyper offensive to try to make sure I'll hit him.

I just make a team of all my favorite pokemon (: I could never use an ugly mon D:

Quote Originally Posted by OMN's_SkyNet18 View Post
    I just make a team of all my favorite pokemon (: I could never use an ugly mon D:
    My fav team currently is full of uglymon C: cept lati

My favorite playstyle has changed to bulky offense, because HO dies and stall has random weaknesses...

so metal

My favorites are stall, Bulky speedy(Bulk up+rock polish Landorus), and offensive sweepers
    3ds FC: 3454-0507-2445

I tend toward balance, and I always have at least one ghost type on my team!

I usually start off with bulky Walls, and then I will use varying strategies to get to my main sweeper(s).

Some people I have played say I'm too predictable, but I am trying at least :/

A ghost-type for every taste!

I make sure i have at least one legendary on my team because that's the pokemon i usually use to win or finish the battle.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

Mine has changed to total and utter stall (ubers only)

Otherwise I hardly play the conventional metagame but HO in the lower tiers is so much fun

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

I love stalling teams. Usually a team with Substitutes, Toxic and Protect. My team is obviously bulky walls with one or two sweepers.

Lately I've been trying to theory craft an all encomposing pokemon team, I've run into a few blocks though. Im not looking for a team of super powers, but more or less 4-5 awesome tanks/walls/stalling monsters with one Sweeper/Revenge killer to snag those last second KO's.

As an ultimate team (W/O any UBERS) what would be a team of 6 that has The following:
    -Normal, Ghost, Ground, Steel, Dark and Flying types present for full immunities.
    -Motor Drive, Flash Fire, Water Absorb Etc. abilities to give certain immunity to those types (As many as possible, not the full team, thats impossible)
    -Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks for environment.
    -Rapid Spin or Defog as a defense to those.
    -Recover, Moonlight, Wish Etc. to increase survivibility.
    -Extreme Speed, Quick Attack, Mach Punch, Sucker Punch Etc. for quick hits to add some damage.

What I have so far:
    Donphan (Choice Scarf) , Umbreon (Leftovers), Dusknoir (Leftovers), Tentacruel (Black Sludge) and Snorlax (Leftovers)

Any input on my crazy idea just let me know, for now Im going to level these 30 some odd monsters to 100 and hope I figure it out through trial and error.

I like to build abnormal sets for pokemon. Sometimes they work incredibly well, other times they fail miserably, but its much more interesting then just using the most popular builds that seem to be used by most everyone.
    Am I supposed to say something here?

Bulky Offense and the partners can support one another. Or one support and head messer and one sweeper. I've been trying to stay out of the uber enviroment just to make things interesting. One of these days I really need to check Smoogon's lists...
    For the record I only have Dialga on my team because I like him.
    You see I am simply one hell of a Nobody

i dont really have a set playstyle, i just throw teams together :3

Credit to the amazing Lunar <3 and EG and BH :3

Tbh, I prefer just plain offense however it is kinda hard to play lately. I also hate HO teams. Stall seems very annoying, the fact that you only have to survive and rely on passive damage to beat the opponent just yells "try to hax me *****". Bulky Offense is ok too, but Offense is just much better and fun
    "Everything will be all right in the end.
    If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
    Tbh, I prefer just plain offense however it is kinda hard to play lately. I also hate HO teams. Stall seems very annoying, the fact that you only have to survive and rely on passive damage to beat the opponent just yells "try to hax me *****". Bulky Offense is ok too, but Offense is just much better and fun

I too am a fan of offense particularly bulky offense. My reasons being that with straight offense you have to really play smart and well or risk losing something important. With bulky offense you have more bulk obviously which allows you to pivot around with mons to get the right change to strike back. I like straight offense just as well though because its always fun to apply huge amounts of pressure to your opponent and cause them to squirm. As for stall I'm not a big fan its a great playstyle for some but I just don't have the patience to play it out well haha. HO is bogus imo as it requires absolutely no skill to operate, its a brainless team that just keeps on attacking.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Most of my teams mainly focus on attack and speed, but as of late I've been throwing in some stall to throw people off.
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/28ck8y1.png[/IMG] Finally done. Time to begin the grind to level 100...

So far, all of my teams have been of the Balance type. I'm relatively new to the competitive scene, so that's what I've deemed best. A lead, and a combination of semi-bulky to glass canon sweepers.

The only common occurrence with my teams is that they use at least a few pokemon that I like a lot, but aren't necessarily OU. Currently, they've been Breloom and Ampharos. Gastrodon and Froslass have been on the roster recently.

Next, I'm going to be looking into playing around with TR and Hail (or maybe even a mix) as I like a lot of ice types, and slow pokemon, so yeah, seems like a good direction to go.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

I'm still new at battling, but my teams tend to have fast and powerful sweepers (glass canons) and a good defense. Generally I go with 3/4 Sweepers, 1/2 Walls and 1/2 supporters.

Heavy Offense ain't my style. It feels like trying to drive a godly death beam mounted to a truck made of paper mache. I like a few things that fit the style, like Mienshao and Alakazam, but its just not for me.
    HOWEVER....
    I prefer balanced or bulky teams. If it can take a hit and smash a face in, I'm all for it. Conkeldurr, Vaporeon, Reuniclus, Rhyperior, that sort of thing. Generally, I pick a sweeper or two, like Latios+Volcarona, two or three tanks, and a cleric somewhere. I feel naked without Aromatherapy and Wish.
    I'm also perfectly content with stall. If I can probably win by watching something slowly but surely gasp for air and die, I'm perfectly game for that. Some of my favorite pokes can't kill anything faster than Toxic. Mandibuzz, Vespiquen, Claydol, etc. I should build a stall team, I don't think I've ever actually thrown more than one staller into a team...
    RNG Reporter is not a hacking device.

My playstyle is mostly Bulky-Orientated, usually Bulky Offence, but recently I've tried more Stall-ish teams
    Rate My Team!

My style is a priority offense (ex: bullet punch scizor), because once they are done setting up, they just can't be touched unless you have priority moves also in your team

credit goes the DarkCharizard2

I usually run my lead, two offensive, two defensive, and then either a gimmick or a favorite.
    Bisharp is my loyal knight. Fear him.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast