Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Playstyle?

Quote Originally Posted by RivalsByNature View Post
    Hit hard and hit fast is my style. If my Pokemon can't easily be the first to strike with a KO, I dont use it for competitive battles anymore.
    Sounds like something I would say when I was 9. That really was my strategy back in the old days. Of course, doesn't work quite as well nowadays.

New Bible Verse of the Week: Zephaniah 2:3
    Seek the Lord, all you humble of the earth who have carried out His ordinances; seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden in the day of the Lord’s anger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu47 View Post
    Sounds like something I would say when I was 9. That really was my strategy back in the old days. Of course, doesn't work quite as well nowadays.
    When I started, all I cared for was tanking hits and hitting back hard. But then again, that could still work today.

Also, hitting hard and fast actually does work, but it just needs set up moves like Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. Or you could do a choice scarfed Moxie Gyarados/Salamence.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Annoy and Surprise the Opponent.

Just for example, I use a Wigglytuff with Counter and it usually works, and I use an Toxic-Stall Umbreon. Though, that Umbreon is outdated, as I used him most on the 3rd-gen Battle Frontier scene.
    Have you heard of a SNES game called "Tetris Attack"? It's possibly my favourite game of all time.

Have you heard of a popular Series Called "Pokemon"? It's possibly my favourite Series of all time.

Oh wait... That's most likely what you're here about.

Quote Originally Posted by RivalsByNature View Post
    Hit hard and hit fast is my style. If my Pokemon can't easily be the first to strike with a KO, I dont use it for competitive battles anymore.
    I win with 5 walls+mighty hippo, your argument is invalid!!!

so metal

I chose pokemon that have high attack and speed

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Gamefreak is an inspiration for HO.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

I have more of an offensive style of battling. Always have. I run into trouble when I find a pokemon with really good defense, though. I like sweepers. Hit 'em hard and fast, and don't give them a chance to hit back.

You know what not to do.

I've been playing volt turn lately. Not as good as my balanced team, but whatever. It took that team a long time to reach what it is. My team building skills aren't the greatest, so it takes me a while to make a good one.
    My signature sucks.

I started with a hyper offensive style, but I am now becoming more defensive, I also like to annoy whimsicott is one of my favorite pokemon now.

I would say balanced or bulky offense are my playstyles. My teambuilding experience is far from decent, so I 'run into a wall' a lot, meaning I struggle here and there. Well, I'm trying to improve (guess we all do)
    Kawaii >3<
    >_<
    ^^
    -___-^
    (01:41:52) *** Your rank in Standard OU is 62/47119 [1391 points / 1016 battles]! Smogon server

(22:46:55) *** Your rank in Standard NU is 40/3980 [1206 points / 152 battles]!

I choose my fastest Pokemon mixed with my favorites and hope for the best! Haha

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

I like having 3-4 bulky, defensive pokemon (who can set up hazards, weather, and do other support things), 0-1 utility pokemon that can do something unique to almost guarantee a KO (like Mamoswine with Endeavor and Ice Shard that holds Focus Sash) and can serve as a lead often and then have 2 speedy sweepers (1 physical, 1 Special).
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Unfourtunetly, I can't have my old team from Platinum I always did good with because I can't transfer them over. But right now, my team is still more offense oriented.

You know what not to do.

I roll with status change (speaking of Double battling), then I go by the offensive. If things aren't going well, I switch to support. But most of my supporters are Defensive with very few offensive capabilities.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I play hyper offensive
    Credit to Extroph for the banner

I use hyper offense. All of my Pokemon have dont have non-damaging moves.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak."

~~~Black FC: 0175 6765 7656~~~
    ~~~X FC: 0259 1258 2670~~~

Quote Originally Posted by LightningRevolver View Post
    I use hyper offense. All of my Pokemon have dont have non-damaging moves.
    That's not Hyper Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar19958 View Post
    That's not Hyper Offense
    Half the people here dunno what hyper offense is :/

Well, right now I am experimenting with weather teams, I am finding some of them fun and others a bit boring. Feraligatr is probably my favourite rain sweeper now after it OHKOd a skarm at +2 in rain.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Hyper offense is using similar sweepers to break down the same walls. Its a very vague concept. It could be 6 Choice Banders, 6 setup sweepers, dual screen lead + 5 set sweepers or even just 6 hard hitting offensive pokes. Most people either don't understand the concept or they think their particular view of HO is the only one.

What about 6 specs? I know chansey is a pain... maybe with keldeo and his sacred sword it would be more possible I know physical is less a deal because U-turn can't be walled

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I used to follow Sun Tsu's teachings. "One defends when his strength is inadaquate, he attacks when it is abundant." AKA, heavy offense. I've started using stall and balance now and I'm liking it.

Winning :/
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

I've been thinking about trying Bulky Offense. With boosting pokemon like Bulky D-nite, Bulky Scizor, Bulky Volca. Soon i'll be able to test it out and see how i like it.
    Pkmn W: 3181 5617 3649
    Pkmn W2: 1464 4040 1673
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/rbijc4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thatjeremykid View Post
    I've been thinking about trying Bulky Offense. With boosting pokemon like Bulky D-nite, Bulky Scizor, Bulky Volca. Soon i'll be able to test it out and see how i like it.
    Not all bulky offensive pokemon have to be stat boosters you know. There is always the Vaporeon rain tank, for example. Also the infamous Jirachi.
    My signature sucks.

I prefer Stall teams with a sweeper to clean up the mess at the end. I've been playing a Toxic Stall team recently that finishes with DDNite and I'm loving it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast