Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Playstyle?

My favorite playstyle has always been bulky offense. It tends to have the least weaknesses in terms of team match-ups and is usually the best at setting up and successfully sweeping. For me Stall is just boring its a very strong playstyle, but I've never bothered to learn it and it tends to have random weaknesses that turns me off. Hyper Offense is just as bad because if you go up against a team that either sets up before you can or doesn't let you set up you get dicked hard. Balanced is another playstyle I really like as well but I typically play bulky offense.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Hyper Offense with physical, special and mixed sweepers everywhere, rarely any set ups, walls or anything crazy, I go with the old saying that the best defense is a good offense, and it works. Using something slightly more bulky or defensive I find rather boring but I guess it's effective but only against the computer in the Battle Frontier or something.

Plat FC: Restarted recently. Update later.
    HG FC: 0820 1928 9654
    White FC: 1550 7122 1586
    Black 2 FC: 3526 4292 5271
    3DS: 2809-8335-2844
    Screen Name: Atli

Quote Originally Posted by Sheimi-Shaymin View Post
    Then you sir, must be burned. May I graciously pour gasoline onto your person and ignite you with a match, and allow my farts to viciously make the flames bigger.

I used to play hyper offensively, but its getting old.. -_-
    so prefer play supportive offense where I usually weaken teh enemy first with SR or status such as para then hit them with hard *** hit from CB poke, late game sweep ftw
        Spoiler:- lol:

Now I play bulky offense, volt turn, and a Hyper Offensive-ish Magnedrag, which doesn't follow every rule of HO. Though my Magnedrag was ironically my most successful, even with all that swapping out.

Balanced? I got tired of that team and stopped using it...I should pull it out again sometime, since it was the best team utilizing Zoroark I've seen yet.

Edit: I edited my Magnedrag team, and now it looks even more like the standard HO.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

good synergy and offense.

I prefer pokemon that absorb attacks, electricity, fire, water. And those that I can set up with Dragon Dance and sweep.

Recently started playing with some HO. Its real fun.

GodDamnZilla

I'm mostly an offensive player. I do however, find ways to stick supportive things in to my team, like a spiker, Ferrothorn.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

Quote Originally Posted by MatchMaster View Post
    I'm mostly an offensive player. I do however, find ways to stick supportive things in to my team, like a spiker, Ferrothorn.
    I started to see more bulky and support pokemon more often in this generation. But weather still beats it in occurrence.

My two most common and successful playstyles are bulky offense and hyper offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondClass View Post
    I started to see more bulky and support pokemon more often in this generation. But weather still beats it in occurrence.
    The thing is that weather isn't a playstyle, as people often mistake it to be. Weather is first and foremost support, albeit extremely powerful support which allows pokemon to shine when they otherwise wouldn't. Sand especially shouldn't be called a team type or a strategy. While Rain and Sun teams are generally heavily dependent on their weather to succeed, sand and to a lesser extent hail are usually run just to keep other weather off the field because your team doesn't like being stepped on by chlorophyll sweepers or rain-boosted hydro pumps. I usually find myself running tyranitar on my teams for exactly this reason. Also, tyranitar is actually a good pokemon with a good niche (or at least choiced ttars are). The same can't be said of politoed or ninetales, who have both sat in nu for four generations before drizzle and drought pulled them up to ou.

so metal

Quote Originally Posted by zerofield View Post
    The thing is that weather isn't a playstyle, as people often mistake it to be. Weather is first and foremost support, albeit extremely powerful support which allows pokemon to shine when they otherwise wouldn't. Sand especially shouldn't be called a team type or a strategy. While Rain and Sun teams are generally heavily dependent on their weather to succeed, sand and to a lesser extent hail are usually run just to keep other weather off the field because your team doesn't like being stepped on by chlorophyll sweepers or rain-boosted hydro pumps. I usually find myself running tyranitar on my teams for exactly this reason. Also, tyranitar is actually a good pokemon with a good niche (or at least choiced ttars are). The same can't be said of politoed or ninetales, who have both sat in nu for four generations before drizzle and drought pulled them up to ou.
    This is exactly why I also have Tyranitar on my main team; to remove other weather support. True, it does double the special defense of rock types, and activate some abilities like Sand Veil, Sand Force, and Sand Rush, but other weather types have more effects.
    DW Pokemon I can offer:

I never really stick to one playstyle. One battle I'll use TR, next I'll use sandstorm, I've used about every type of style.

Bulky offence. Easiest strategy to use and really got me into competitive battling.
    Some of my most succesful Pokemon/playstyles:
    CMLatias. Rain and Sun find it hard to get round that colossal Spdef. I've also executed dozens of Scizor and Ferrothorn with HP Fire.
    Heatran-Celebi-Jellicent defensive core. Heatran probably the best Stealth Rocker out there. Jellicent handles fighting types with ease. Celebi's Heal Bell is invaluable.
    Volt-turn. That strategy is too damn good and easy to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I usually just pick one pokemon and build a team around it : D!
    But I generally focus around the Atk/SAtk/Spd stats.

i like defense/balance teams

Gimmick sets and Trick room
    those unpredictable wins

6 random sweepers. Occasionally stall, but usually just random sweepers. Who needs tactics when I have Outrage and Close Combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Who needs tactics when I have Outrage and Close Combat?
    My thoughts exactly
    "Tch"-Levi Ackerman

I usually go hyper-offensive. I tend to be much more successful at just mauling the opponent than stalling it out.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

winning. 5 sweeprs and a tyranitar lol
    Guns don't kill people. I kill people.

I personally am a huge fan of the following style:

Weather-based, heavy offense, with each pokemon able to take hits that would otherwise doom one or more of its partners. I hate stall with a passion, so I find ways around it, with tanks. If it can hit hard enough to not even get a scratch, then great! If it can't, it's always bulky, and everything I have either hits so powerfully it OHKO's or 2HKO's everything, or they can take a hit and dish it right back. I win a lot with this playstyle, and I don't see a need to discontinue it.
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

I've been loving bulky offense lately.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Though I love Hail, its hard to come up with balanced teams. Anyone wanna help?

Looking for an LC Tutor! Requirements:
    - 6 month minimum experience
    - Appropriate ladder points (1250pts+)
    - PO for communication
    - Must have acceptable schedule

If you have any questions, PM/VM me.

I genrally build a team that's balanced and cover each other's weaknesses fairly well. I IV train their strongest and most promising stats first, then work on their weaker ones. It takes awhile, but its worth it. That's the only way how I've been able to get my Superior's speed almost completely maxed out. lol

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast