View Poll Results: Is it your favourite manga your favourite comic?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 66.67%
  • no

2 33.33%

Thread: Is it your Favourite Manga your Favourite Comic?

Question Is it your Favourite Manga your Favourite Comic?

Got a few volumes of The Adventures of Tintin for Christman and haven't been able to put my collection down for quite some time. After this, I have come to the conclusion that I prefer Tintin over Fullmetal Alchemist (my favourite manga).

Anyways, title says it all folks. I have feeling that this thread will die quickly.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Manga is essentially literature in comic form. Comics are nothing close to literature. My biggest gripe is that comics have continuities that would make Zelda/Kingdom Hearts fans cry. It's impossible to get into them unless you're a hardcore fan or were born in the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Manga is essentially literature in comic form. Comics are nothing close to literature. My biggest gripe is that comics have continuities that would make Zelda/Kingdom Hearts fans cry. It's impossible to get into them unless you're a hardcore fan or were born in the 60s.
    This only applies to the franchises that have been going since then. I hate it when people dismiss western comics just because of the core, mainstream Marvel and DC titles. Manga are comics too, just a different style, and there's just as much bad trashy manga as there are western comics. Your comment implies that the likes of Naruto (*insert name of whatever terrible manga you really hate here, I'm just using Naruto because it's the obvious and popular choice*) are closer to literature than, say, V For Vendetta, which is clearly untrue. In fact, the western comic style does have some advantages over manga, most notably the smaller panels see more story covered on a single page than some manga get through in an entire chapter. So anyway, there's a hell of a lot of good stuff out there so you dismissing the likes of Runaways, Scott Pilgrim, Girl Genius or indeed V For Vendetta just because the Spider Man continuity is all over the place is ridiculous and insulting.

Having said all this, the answer to the poll is 'yes' because my favourite manga is Nausicaa and no comic, from any country or style, truly measures up to Miyazaki's masterpiece.

Of course yes……..
    "Yes!! I love being in battle. I love the moment when my body stops being a machine and becomes a part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think...only action!" Battle angel.....
    Realize your dream becoming a Truck driver by following HGV Courses .