Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you see Team Rocket leaving the series

Default How would you see Team Rocket leaving the series

After watching xy episode 63 I can't help but feel that not only could it be a great season to end Ash's adventure but also Team Rocket's.

I kinda envision them—as a group—to give up the life of thievery and pursue another vocation. I mean come on, it isn't uncommon, look at Brock going from Gym Leader to Breeder to finally Pokemon Doctor.

As to how they will leave the gang? Idunno sudden betrayal from Giovanni? Sounds a bit fanfiction (I actually intend on using this scenario for one ) but I want to know what you guys think.

I don't think they'd ever leave they've been a staple in the anime for the last 20 years and to lose them would be like losing a limb. If you remember (or were never born at the time) James originally joined Team Rocket because he was miserable in his rich boy life and afraid to marry Jezabel that his parents had arranged for him. Jessie joined because she failed to become a Pokemon Nurse. And Meowth refuses to evolve because he hates Persians so he spent his time learning to talk.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

so far my favorite ways to see them off do not end with the command of thunderbolt/electro ball. or when ppl they befriend have all the merit to blast them off. do the team rocket uniforms have some sort of combustible content? they dont even need to be near a machine and still they blast off in a boom.

btw did pikachu forget thunder or was that isolated to a region anime series run? i did like the BW?? series where they had sucess and had rocket packs to escape.
    Last edited by nel3; 13th March 2015 at 8:21 PM.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

Quote Originally Posted by Vale_Star View Post
    I don't think they'd ever leave they've been a staple in the anime for the last 20 years and to lose them would be like losing a limb. If you remember (or were never born at the time) James originally joined Team Rocket because he was miserable in his rich boy life and afraid to marry Jezabel that his parents had arranged for him. Jessie joined because she failed to become a Pokemon Nurse. And Meowth refuses to evolve because he hates Persians so he spent his time learning to talk.
    Although you had me there not being old enough. I do kinda remember watching the James and Jessie episodes a few years back. I gotta say that Jessie episode for me was pretty funny. Them Chanseys.
    Last edited by Respawnzer; 13th March 2015 at 8:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    so far my favorite ways to see them off do not end with the command of thunderbolt/electro ball. or when ppl they befriend have all the merit to blast them off. do the team rocket uniforms have some sort of combustible content? they dont even need to be near a machine and still they blast off in a boom.

btw did pikachu forget thunder or was that isolated to a region anime series run? i did like the BW?? series where they had sucess and had rocket packs to escape.
    I honestly don't know what happened to Pikachu's thunder. Maybe it just looked to similar to thunderbolt they decided they didn't need it. Tbh I'm one of those people who miss Pikachu's Volt Tackle. I mean it's his signature move and you're going to take it away?? Granted it did harm the little guy but still....

EDIT: Volt Tackle replaced Thunder apparently
    Last edited by Respawnzer; 13th March 2015 at 8:45 PM.

I'd have the TRio decide to leave TR origination and start a legitimate business of some sort. They're usually pretty successful when they not breaking the law so I think they'd do fine. Before they leave though I think they should give Giovanni a robotic replica of Pikacha and tell him it's the real thing so he'd give them a bonus which they could use as start up money. They've been chasing Pikachu for nearly two decades now and since they'll never get Ash's Pikachu that seems like a good way to resolve that part of their story.

I don't see them leaving sadly; I assume that they'll stay as long as Ash in the series and I don't think he'll be replaced anytime soon.

~Credit goes to Cresselia92~

I honestly don't want them to leave Team Rocket. It's too much of who they are. I mean, they could have an ending where Giovanni gets killed or gets arrested, and they have no choice but to leave. I think that's probably the most likely scenario if they do leave TR. Giovanni goes down after a final Team Rocket plot against Ash and then they have to decide where to go with their lives, leading to either an emotional goodbye where they split up or they decide to stay together.

Or, by the time the anime ends, they could still be going after Pikachu. It depends how they end the show.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 13th March 2015 at 9:19 PM.

I don't think they'll ever leave, but if they did... Given how awful they were at being villains, I think it'd actually be kinda funny if they underwent a "face" turn and became heroes, and actually turned out to be really good at being heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Respawnzer View Post
    I honestly don't know what happened to Pikachu's thunder. Maybe it just looked to similar to thunderbolt they decided they didn't need it. Tbh I'm one of those people who miss Pikachu's Volt Tackle. I mean it's his signature move and you're going to take it away?? Granted it did harm the little guy but still....

EDIT: Volt Tackle replaced Thunder apparently
    so thats what happened to thunder, either way a pika-finisher is getting old real fast.
    fc 3926 6866-2593 ign Nelliel
    fight Sawk Machoke Tyrogue
    polar pattern Vivillion

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    I don't think they'll ever leave, but if they did... Given how awful they were at being villains, I think it'd actually be kinda funny if they underwent a "face" turn and became heroes, and actually turned out to be really good at being heroes.
    Well they've done a few heroic things before, so I could see them doing that again and realizing that being villains isn't their strong suit someday. I like this scenario.

The never leave. If they do, the Fanbase in Japan would quite the show. They are even more popular there than Brock ever was and are on the same level of popularity with Ash and Pikachu.
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.

Quote Originally Posted by MattySadler View Post
    For some reason when I read this I remembered the times when they worked with Looker.

I really don't care for them at all, but as others have pointed out they will probably stay as long as Ash and Pikachu. Those five are the only characters that have been in all seasons of the anime. Any resolution to their story will probably happen at the end of the series(however long that takes).

They will most likely become good in a way since the anime makes it clear that they aren't 100 percent evil

Them and ash and pikachu will be in as long as the abine goes, which won't be until the games end which won't be for a very long time.

As it's been said, Team Rocket will never leave. They are a fundamental part of the show as well as a plot device. If it weren't for them, many episodes would have trouble figuring out how to climax (there absence and complete personality change is one of the main reasons that I think Black and White was so bad). They also (used) to serve as comic relief. Sadly they just haven't been the same since Unova and aren't nearly as entertaining to watch anymore.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Well they've done a few heroic things before, so I could see them doing that again and realizing that being villains isn't their strong suit someday. I like this scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respawnzer View Post
    For some reason when I read this I remembered the times when they worked with Looker.
    Yeah this was what was behind my thoughts initially. It has always been kinda implied that whilst Jessie, James and Meowth are certainly "bad", they aren't "evil" in the best sense of the word.

It is very unlikely that they'll be written out of the anime anytime soon, but if it does happen, I can't think of any better ways than mine, personally.

I could see jessie and james getting married honestly. Maybe they'd start a family, or just go on to be trainers. But I don't think they're leaving until ash leaves, and I don't think that's happening either.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Anyone wanna talk? I wanna talk to some new people on here. Feel free to message me.

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    I could see jessie and james getting married honestly. Maybe they'd start a family, or just go on to be trainers. But I don't think they're leaving until ash leaves, and I don't think that's happening either.
    I was just about to post that. I think it would be great if Jessie and James got married like in the manga. They can also adopt Meowth and start an honest living.
    To Be Continued

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    That is probably going to happen if the show ever ends. Maybe Team Rocket is getting disbanded during a great war occuring evil teams. This opens there eyes and they join Ash and all of his friends to battle TR. Would love to see how James battles Giovanni and Meowth kicks Persians ***. Jessie obviously takes down the female leader of another evil team. After this, they marry. Then we race towards the future, with three kids receiving there pokemon (Ash daughter , Garys son and the son of Jessie and James) Those become the greatest rivals and friends. The daughter wins the BF after defeating Ash. Garys son wins the OL and becomes a researcher and Jessie and James son becomes the BEST THERE EVER WAS. Oh, the irony if that happens.
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.

If they leave they need to end Ash's story too. Having them gone and only Ash would be weird. I will keep saying it. Ending Ash's story and pulling a DBZ is the best idea. Do it for the 20th year. I think it can be done since unlike Gen 1-4 we hardly see past gen people in the new games. I want my headcanon of Ash and Serena's daughter and Team Rocket's kid to be rivals and lovers to be true. XD But starting with a fresh slate would be the best. I mean if they took away Team Rocket I see no reason why they would feel the need to keep Ash. a lot of those old interviews have kinda at this point debunked themselves with the newer series anyway. However TR need to be good for well good once it is time to move on. Maybe Giovanni can have one last hurray before calling it quits and moving on with his life. (Plot twist Giovanni is revealed to be Jessie's father)
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

There's not really any reason that Jessie and James would get married. They've never shown any interest in each other what so ever. In fact, James has shown extreme loathing towards that idea on at least one occasion. Just because a male and female character spend so much time together, doesn't mean that they're in love.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I agree with Bguy7. In the anime we've seen absolutely no reason for them to get married

I can't.

But if they do I expect them to do it when Ash wins a real league. No anime filler BF or Orange league fake bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    If they leave they need to end Ash's story too. Having them gone and only Ash would be weird. I will keep saying it. Ending Ash's story and pulling a DBZ is the best idea. Do it for the 20th year. I think it can be done since unlike Gen 1-4 we hardly see past gen people in the new games. I want my headcanon of Ash and Serena's daughter and Team Rocket's kid to be rivals and lovers to be true. XD But starting with a fresh slate would be the best. I mean if they took away Team Rocket I see no reason why they would feel the need to keep Ash. a lot of those old interviews have kinda at this point debunked themselves with the newer series anyway. However TR need to be good for well good once it is time to move on. Maybe Giovanni can have one last hurray before calling it quits and moving on with his life. (Plot twist Giovanni is revealed to be Jessie's father)
    Er I honestly think that Jessie and James kid and Ash and Serena's daughter becoming lovers is a horrible idea. Whatever happens to TR at the end of the series, I doubt they will fall in love with each other

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast