Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you like to see remake arcs handled in the future?

Default How would you like to see remake arcs handled in the future?

When future remakes get announced in the future, how would you rather see them advertised in the anime? Would you like them to take more of an AG route by having Ash and co. travel to the remake's region in a filler saga, or would you prefer something like the Johto Festival arc in DP?

I prefer something like the AG Battle Frontier arc.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Halolady View Post
    When future remakes get announced in the future, how would you rather see them advertised in the anime? Would you like them to take more of an AG route by having Ash and co. travel to the remake's region in a filler saga, or would you prefer something like the Johto Festival arc in DP?
    Actually my favourite was in fact what XY did for RS remakes. Sawyer with a Mega Sceptile and involving Steven in the TF crisis as well as showing the Primal showdown in the ME specials were the best way possible, so yes, if there were ever DP remakes, I'd love for it to be shown like what XY did for ORAS.

What AG did for FRLG was very good too, but they were quite lucky that Emerald even had a Battle Frontier, so they could conveniently say it was in Kanto to continue. However, with how the main series games these days have been having less and less postgame, I don't see another arc like that.

I really don't want what DP did for HGSS. Tbh, out of the three remakes and their representation in the anime, I felt HGSS promo was actually the worst.

If the DP remakes are going to have the Platinum BF, then that as some kind of post-league arc or as an own arc right between gym 8 and the league of the Gen 8 anime. Also things like rivals having Sinnoh pokemon and maybe mentioning the Sinnoh mythology.

Dawn appearing.
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SinnohEevee View Post
    Dawn appearing.
    Dawn already had her appearance; I think 8 episodes and a special is more than enough.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    Actually my favourite was in fact what XY did for RS remakes. Sawyer with a Mega Sceptile and involving Steven in the TF crisis as well as showing the Primal showdown in the ME specials were the best way possible, so yes, if there were ever DP remakes, I'd love for it to be shown like what XY did for ORAS.

What AG did for FRLG was very good too, but they were quite lucky that Emerald even had a Battle Frontier, so they could conveniently say it was in Kanto to continue. However, with how the main series games these days have been having less and less postgame, I don't see another arc like that.

I really don't want what DP did for HGSS. Tbh, out of the three remakes and their representation in the anime, I felt HGSS promo was actually the worst.
    I think the reason why DP did such a terrible job with HGSS is because as the games were coming out the series was ending so everything was a bit rushed.

Either going to the region getting a remake, or introducing characters that were NEVER implanted into the story would be good. No OC rivals hailing from said region when you have a perfectly good rival sitting unused from the games! Wally could have easily filled Sawyer's shoes. And people would have gave a damn about his character because he's from the games, and is you know.... SUPPOSED to be weak!
    The day we get Black/White remakes, they better use Hugh in the anime.

Khoury was a good OC. Paul already looked identical to and acted like Silver in ways, introducing Silver with Lyra might have confused younger fans who don't any know better. And Ash took Silver's role of being Giovanni's son

I'd LOVE to see Ash actually go back to older regions, Sinnoh especially. There is a Battle Frontier he hasn't faced there. So there is an actual story reason they can give for Ash staying for awhile.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Quote Originally Posted by SinnohEevee View Post
    Dawn appearing.
    Well if he ever goes back to Sinnoh for the BF then a appearance would be nice. Honestly i would be fine if they just referenced her.

I'd like to see a companion get a starter from the remake region, I liked that May had Bulbasaur and then later Squirtle (think they should have evolved on the show though, since their evolutions did not have much representation originally), and then how Dawn got Cyndaquil.

I'm a huge fan of old characters reappearing, I liked how Misty briefly returned at the start of BF, I also loved the BF idea being in Kanto to promote the games.
    I liked how DP did the Johto festival too, and had the new female character appear for a couple of episodes (was nice to actually introduce her in the anime and yet it didn't feel like she was stealing limelight from the then current female).
    And I also liked the ORAS specials, it was different to what they've done before.

So for my ideal scenario, for DP as an example as that would be the next remake if we get one, I'd have a current companion get a Turtwig (it was under represented in comparison to the other too). I'd then have some DP remake specials that cross over with the main show, however, I'd have the specials focus on Dawn and Piplup, teaming up with Cynthia to defeat the evil team (which would make sense to me, Dawn helped fight against TG, and she came to Unova with Cynthia, so they're obviously in contact), then have Cynthia cross back over to the main show to connect the 2 together. So that could be done by either having Cynthia come to then current region, or having Ash go back to Sinnoh and take on a new challenge (like BF) and come across Cynthia at some point in the story.

I would have liked May to have played a role in the ORAS specials, but seeing as her actress was unavailable I could understand why it didn't happen, but with Dawn, we don't have that issue, so I'd like to see Dawn represented.

To me, that's the perfect combination, and there's something there for everyone, a current character gets a new pokemon, an older main character gets representation, and we get some form of a crossover with the main series and the specials.
    Last edited by KingMinun; 13th August 2017 at 10:49 PM.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Halolady View Post
    Would you like them to take more of an AG route by having Ash and co. travel to the remake's region in a filler saga, or would you prefer something like the Johto Festival arc in DP?
    I'd prefer the AG route although it's not something that I think we'll ever see again cuz the anime seems to prefer doing less remake cross promotion these days. I mean HG/SS got a small mini-arc and OR/AS got a couple specials and that was kind of it, so a long remake promo saga in the future seems unlikely.

I'd like a Johto festival type thing, except longer with more remake emphasis. I'm still kind of shocked that we didn't get to see the Johto BF back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Daizy View Post
    I'd like a Johto festival type thing, except longer with more remake emphasis. I'm still kind of shocked that we didn't get to see the Johto BF back then.
    I think Dp's pacing was to blame for the Johto Battle Frontier being skipped back then, tho I wouldn't necessarily count the Johto Battle Frontier as HG/SS promotion per se since it existed in Sinnoh in the games as well. As for how HG/SS was handled in the anime, I thought what we got was decent enough.

I don't expect much seeing how ORAS was almost ignored in the show, but if we get DP remakes, I'd like to see Dawn and/or Barry show up for a small arc. Paul too maybe.

I hope to see a DP battle feontier in SM anime with the current pacing going and with this there is a good chance to give ash a big win, he hasn't won anything since BF in anto 11 years ago.
    Favourite Characters- Ash, Serena, Lillie, Dawn, Gladion, Cilan, Brock, Cynthia, Kiawe, Lana, Lance, Alain, Steven Stone

Favourite Pokemon- Charizard, Venasaur, Blastoise, Gengar, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Sceptile, Greninja, Garachomp, Infernape, Gliscor, Salamence, Arceus

Watching pokemon for 17 years, grown up while watching this show. Also liked the different characters form different sagas. So, I am not a genwunner.

Quote Originally Posted by ash&charizardfan View Post
    I hope to see a DP battle feontier in SM anime with the current pacing going and with this there is a good chance to give ash a big win, he hasn't won anything since BF in anto 11 years ago.
    Why would the DP Battle Frontier show up in SM?

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    It most likely wouldn't so yeah I'm not holding my breath on that happening.
    ~Sailor Saturn~

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    To promote DP's frontier I guess. That's even if SM is gonna produce remakes of gen 4

Fans were begging GF to bring back the BF and it didn't happen in ORAS. Game Freak can be lazy.
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuin View Post
    I don't expect much seeing how ORAS was almost ignored in the show, but if we get DP remakes, I'd like to see Dawn and/or Barry show up for a small arc. Paul too maybe.
    I think Dawn and Barry coming back in the anime for presumable Sinnoh remake promo would at least make sense cuz both had in-game counterparts, but Paul didn't so I doubt he'd show up since his presence wouldn't directly promote the Sinnoh games.

I want either a dedicated side series, like with Battle Frontier, or an integration into the main series, like the Mega Evolution specials and the Hoenn Megas showing up in XY. The Lyra/Khoury thing in Sinnoh wasn't too entertaining and Cyndaquil wasn't much of a good series integration.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayuin View Post
    Dawn, Barry, AND Cynthia pls. We got Steven in XY, so only fair.... she's way above him on the cool Champion scale as well, and the most popular one.

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    To promote DP's frontier I guess. That's even if SM is gonna produce remakes of gen 4
    They're not.
    Maybe next generation, but I really don't want the DP frontier shoved into a gap caused by SM anime being rushed though while the Switch version got delayed. They may not have a secondary goal to worry about this time, but I'd really rather not see the Frontier Brains faced off every 3 episodes. I'd love to see episodes exploring Sinnoh life, and the return of Butch/Cassidy since that was where we last saw them. Show what they've been up to since we last saw them.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Battle Frontier gave a good idea on how to make it work
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

I feel like the BF arc didn't really work right as remake promo. Like, regardless of it taking place in Kanto, practically nothing from LG/FR was focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Dawn, Barry, AND Cynthia pls. We got Steven in XY, so only fair.... she's way above him on the cool Champion scale as well, and the most popular one.

They're not.
    Maybe next generation, but I really don't want the DP frontier shoved into a gap caused by SM anime being rushed though while the Switch version got delayed. They may not have a secondary goal to worry about this time, but I'd really rather not see the Frontier Brains faced off every 3 episodes. I'd love to see episodes exploring Sinnoh life, and the return of Butch/Cassidy since that was where we last saw them. Show what they've been up to since we last saw them.
    No more Cynthia. She's already appeared a lot. Honestly it was fun for her to be a recurring character in DP but BW was overboard. She's had her spotlight. The only reason I didn't care about Stevens appearance is because he literally had one episode in the series prior to XY. Honestly if they want to throw the FB in the anime during SM/whatever Gen DP get remakes in I'm fine. Compared to AG the DP frontier brains got treated terribly and we didn't even see them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast