Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Paul Return to the Anime?

Default Will Paul Return to the Anime?

I'm sorry if this thread was posted before. I couldn't find one. But anyway.

Paul is definitely my favorite Rival in the Pokemon Anime to date. At the end of what was DP184 I believe, Ash said that they'll battle again soon. Has anyone heard of anything about if Paul will return to the Anime, or at least a possibility? I could only find theories, no evidence.
    Last edited by deelwheelz; 19th August 2015 at 5:19 AM.

There is nothing that says that Paul is going to return soon to the anime we don't even have evidence of when Iris' return cameo is going to be if they are going to keep the pattern of the previous region's female protagonist appear in the following region for a couple of episodes.

I don't know for sure if Paul will come back but, if he does come back into the anime, I would see him as a more dignified man who treats Ash and his friends with more respect than he left them with. However, he may still have his old personality to the other "weaklings" he comes across.

Ash vs. Paul battle will definitely end with Paul as the victor with no questions asked. Why? Because Ash always starts out with new Pokemon every new region. It's true that Ash is a lot more smarter than he was on BW series (worst series ever) but the fact remains that he cannot beat Paul's stronghold without his elite Pokemon such as Charizard, Sceptile, Swellow, even Infernape.

I doubt we will see Paul again before the end of the anime. Whenever that will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikepiex7 View Post
    There is nothing that says that Paul is going to return soon to the anime we don't even have evidence of when Iris' return cameo is going to be if they are going to keep the pattern of the previous region's female protagonist appear in the following region for a couple of episodes.
    It had better happen. She deserves it. It's not her fault BW was sub-par.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

He'd certainly be more entertaining to watch than Ash.

I bet he spends tons of time on his bike riding in circles when he's not training.

I dunno, he may or may not. Until we get some confirmation it should probably be assumed that he isn't returning.

Dawn Fanclub ~Credit goes to Cresselia92~ N Fanclub

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    I doubt we will see Paul again before the end of the anime. Whenever that will be.
    It had better happen. She deserves it. It's not her fault BW was sub-par.
    Disagree with you on that. I would like to see Paul again instead since he was a pretty strong rival despite the fact that he releases pokemon that he deems weak.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Awaiting the next Kalos games and pokemon movie.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

I'm not a huge Paul fan, but anything's possible. If he does show up, I hope he won't battle Ash though. I saw enough of that in DP.

He might have been the greatest rival of Ash, but there's really no reason for him to come back. He wasn't even a main character.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I am a huge Paul fan. That being said, I see no reason to return him. I don't care for another Paul vs Ash match. The storyline is finished, Infernape and Ash beat Paul at the league. To bring him back would just reek of desperation to have a rival instead of creating a new one with a new story to tell. The only way I'd like to see Paul again was if he was fighting different opponents. If there was ever a Sinnoh BF I would have enjoyed seeing Paul and maybe Barry battle Palmer and the Brains in a Chronicle special. But beyond that? I don't need to see him battle Ash again. There is no story left.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

I don't think he will. At least not in this generation unless we get a filler saga. As cool as it would be to see him(Barry too). I think the DP character with the most chance to come back is Dawn.

Maybe if D/P remakes happen someday

Nah his character arc is finished. Given what we've seen in the anime, his chances of returning is slim

I think his chances to Return is like zero. His purpose was to be the rival in the Sinnoh- saga and that saga has been over for many years now.
    TO THE STAFF
    I found an error in my username, the letter w.
    Could I please change my name to Shiny Pokemon Lover? P.S I replase this text with a thank you line to the staff member who does it.

His purpose was to be the rival in the Sinnoh- saga and that saga has been over for many years now.
    So? Gary's purpose was to be Ash's rival in OS yet he still appeared afterward. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    So? Gary's purpose was to be Ash's rival in OS yet he still appeared afterward. :/
    There were other things about Gary that made him more relevant than any of Ash`s other rivals. He was also Oak`s grandson

Yeah, but he was from Pallet Town, he's Professor Oak's grandson, etc.

The chances are slim, but I would love it if he comes back.

Seeing him come back would be exciting as it would give Ash some more competition but it doesn't sound likely he'll come back for now.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Swablu! May evolve into Altaria!
    R.I.P. Satoru Iwata. 1959-2015
        Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by deelwheelz View Post
    Yeah, but he was from Pallet Town, he's Professor Oak's grandson, etc.
    I'm sure Paul's important enough to show up again as well though. I mean Jessebelle was a simple COTD in OS and yet she still came back 600 episodes later. Paul therefore has a chance imo.

As much as I dislike this guy, I figure that Paul might have a slim chance to return in the Kalos League. But he won't be alone this time. He'll be accompanied by Burgundy, who happened to be the rival and foe of Cilan standing by his side. I have a feeling that Ash's main sinnoh rival and foe will serve as the main antagonist for the Kalos League. I have a feeling that Paul would be bullying young Sawyer. That's where Ash steps in to stand up for Sawyer against his cruel rival from the Sinnoh Region. Knowing Paul's attitude, after have been stood up by Ash, he probably going around insults Ash and his Kalos friends again. Thus their intense rivalry reborn. After the encounter like that, then Ash will be more than happy to teach Paul a lesson once again. What I do predict is that when Ash faces his cruel Sinnoh rival in the Kalos League like in the semifinals, then he'll be sure to win against Paul and earn him in the final round. Thus making not just Sawyer happy, but his Kalos friends.

What do you guys think?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    As much as I dislike this guy, I figure that Paul might have a slim chance to return in the Kalos League. But he won't be alone this time. He'll be accompanied by Burgundy, who happened to be the rival and foe of Cilan standing by his side. I have a feeling that Ash's main sinnoh rival and foe will serve as the main antagonist for the Kalos League. I have a feeling that Paul would be bullying young Sawyer. That's where Ash steps in to stand up for Sawyer against his cruel rival from the Sinnoh Region. Knowing Paul's attitude, after have been stood up by Ash, he probably going around insults Ash and his Kalos friends again. Thus their intense rivalry reborn. After the encounter like that, then Ash will be more than happy to teach Paul a lesson once again. What I do predict is that when Ash faces his cruel Sinnoh rival in the Kalos League like in the semifinals, then he'll be sure to win against Paul and earn him in the final round. Thus making not just Sawyer happy, but his Kalos friends.

What do you guys think?
    Yeah, sorry but that sounds like pure fan fiction. There's no reason for Paul to come back at all, especially for the Kalos League. And why Burgundy? That's incredibly random.

If Paul was to come back, it would be in a future region, probably reviving him as a rival for the region.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, insights into Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I don't think so, we haven't seen more importat Characters like Misty, Brock and Max in forever, if they don't bother to even mention them sometimes then they are not going to do it with Paul. Which is kinda bad, because he's awesome.
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Yeah, sorry but that sounds like pure fan fiction. There's no reason for Paul to come back at all, especially for the Kalos League. And why Burgundy? That's incredibly random.

If Paul was to come back, it would be in a future region, probably reviving him as a rival for the region.
    Why yes. Of course. You're probably right. Besides, I have enough of that heartless trainer who mistreats pokemon. If Paul were to return in the anime, let's just hope that a much experienced,and mature Ash will crush him again.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

I don't see why he would when his rivalry with Ash was settled in DP. He's done as a recurring rival in my opinion.

I don't see why he would when his rivalry with Ash was settled in DP. He's done as a recurring rival in my opinion.
    I agree completely. I was just saying that in the highly unlikely situation where he does return, it seems like just about the only thing they would do with him. I suppose he could just cameo in a single episode instead.

Check it out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast