Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon returns

Default Pokemon returns

So Iris didn't return in XY or XYZ so some think sun and moon is her chance and since it's pretty much tradition to reuse the female character for a few episodes people predict Serena will return. Not only that because of the 20th and Kanto regional variants and just Kanto hints in general in the games people predict Misty Gary and Brock will be returning. How could you see any of these guys returning that makes sense?

Honestly I think Iris missed her chance and won't be returning in SM. I still think we could get another XY special where she meets Serena but that's it. I think Serena may be the only one that'll return in SM, if they plan to start that up again. I don't see anyone else returning though, at least in the main anime series.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Honestly I think Iris missed her chance and won't be returning in SM. I still think we could get another XY special where she meets Serena but that's it. I think Serena may be the only one that'll return in SM, if they plan to start that up again. I don't see anyone else returning though, at least in the main anime series.
    I agree; I don't see anyone else returning in the main anime series. The only possible exception is Gary Oak, and only because his grandfather's cousin lives in Alola; but I would say even that is a stretch, since Gary has no reason to leave Sinnoh (or wherever he is). There are other ways for the anime to celebrate its 20th anniversary other than bringing back old characters.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Girl Power!

Since its the 20th anniversary next year it would be cool for Ash to bring back some of his reserves from time to time. Like imagine Ash doing a Pokémon riding race with his own Charizard or Tauros.

i could see serena returning for a few episodes purely for fanservice. as for iris not appearing in xy, the series itself had the least amount of continuity (ash didn't mention any of his past adventures at all to his friends) so i doubt it was because she was unpopular or something (if that's even true).

the fact that ash mentioned he had tauros in sm1 makes me think there will be some continuity in the series, which is why i think serena might return for a cameo. it's either that or she gets a special.

Given its the 20th anniversary games, maybe for the 20th anniversary of the anime they could give us a whole lot of fanservice with ALL of his friends returning. Now that's a milestone celebration!
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

We shouldn't expect anything, but a comeback for any character is possible as long as the VA is still available. Best candidate for this right now is obviously Serena, since there seems to be a lot of demand and she needs redemption from the way she was treated in XY.
    ~ Limits are meant to be broken ~

i don't even care about past companions returning at this point, i just want ash to acknowledge that they exist lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    i don't even care about past companions returning at this point, i just want ash to acknowledge that they exist lol.
    He did remember he owns a Tauros so maybe there'll be some hope lol
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto

I don't want Iris to come back. I want Serena to come back as a female companion of Ash.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 30th November 2016 at 4:48 AM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    He did remember he owns a Tauros so maybe there'll be some hope lol
    Of course he remembers Tauros, he has thirty of them

Title and first post kind of contradict each other

I'd say the Gen1 Pokémon have the highest chance of returning, especially since The Pokémon Company keeps trying to call back their original fanbase. Most likely Charizard, he's possibly the second face of Gen1. But I'd like for the Totodile line to get some love, and Torterra to redeem itself.

For the people, it would be nice to catch up with Misty and Gary again. Less so for Brock. No for the XY companions though, Clemont/Bonnie can stay in Lumiose, and Serena should get her own mini-series in Hoenn and have Iris cameo there.

She will return in the XY anime special featuring Serena just like Cilan returned in XY anime special featuring Clemont and Bonnie.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAStatistic View Post
    Title and first post kind of contradict each other

I'd say the Gen1 Pokémon have the highest chance of returning, especially since The Pokémon Company keeps trying to call back their original fanbase. Most likely Charizard, he's possibly the second face of Gen1. But I'd like for the Totodile line to get some love, and Torterra to redeem itself.

For the people, it would be nice to catch up with Misty and Gary again. Less so for Brock. No for the XY companions though, Clemont/Bonnie can stay in Lumiose, and Serena should get her own mini-series in Hoenn and have Iris cameo there.
    Honestly I would love that over her appearing for a guest appearance.

Gary's the only one who actually has a shot of coming back.
    His game counterpart Blue is in Sun/Moon, he has a relative in Alola, and he could end up coming to Alola to research Alolan formes.
    Brock and Misty have no reason to come back, though I do want to see Brock again over any other character except for Dawn. Alola has beautiful females like Lusamine and Olivia, I'd love to see him doing his gag on them. Plus him owning an Alolan Golem would be dope, he's one of the few companions who don't own an Electric type despite traveling with Ash the longest!

Lets wait 2021 year and 25th anniversary (and Sonic Adventure 3).

Iris sort of got a return in Generations. But I don't see anyone else returning, except possibly Serena and maybe Dawn at a stretch for fan service.

I don't think Iris will be in Sun and Moon. I think she will appear in XYZ special with Serena and maybe May( because May didn't her own special) in early 2017. Serena may get said special and return in around episode SM 70 and be there for 9-10 episodes.
    Misty: I don't see her returning: maybe flashback.
    Gary;same as Misty
    Brock: same as Misty.

Misty, May, and Dawn are not coming back in SM. Iris and Gary are doubtful as well. The only one that has the highest chance of coming back is Serena.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Iris sort of got a return in Generations.
    That doesn't count since the Iris that appeared there wasn't the same one that traveled with Satoshi.

That said, I don't mind if the Best Wishes Iris doesn't appear again, although I think that Serena might get a comeback appearance in Sun & Moon.

If they are going to have a reunion, shouldn't it be for the 20th anniversary of the anime? Also, we had a 10th anniversary where the prior companions(remove the s in this case) showed up, so my dream of Misty returning may come true

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    So Iris didn't return in XY or XYZ so some think sun and moon is her chance and since it's pretty much tradition to reuse the female character for a few episodes people predict Serena will return. Not only that because of the 20th and Kanto regional variants and just Kanto hints in general in the games people predict Misty Gary and Brock will be returning. How could you see any of these guys returning that makes sense?
    Iris is getting screen time in pokemon generations. I like her game counterpart anyway. So I'm happy. I also hope we don't have to see Serena until maybe after SM. There is already a bunch of people on screen. We don't need more than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaller View Post
    Since its the 20th anniversary next year it would be cool for Ash to bring back some of his reserves from time to time.
    I don't see anything of that magnitude happening since milestones and anniversaries tend to be ignored in the anime. :c

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    I don't see anything of that magnitude happening since milestones and anniversaries tend to be ignored in the anime. :c
    Not completely ignored; they did make a 10th anniversary DVD special with Misty returning

I don't particularly want to see Iris or Serena returning as individuals as they're my least favourite of all of Ash's female travelling companions, but for the anniversary I think it'd be great if we saw a load of the old characters returning for a one-off hour long special episode or something. I don't think it'll happen though.
    Having traveled through the Kanto (x2), Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos regions, plus the Orange & Decolore Islands, competing in six regional Pokémon League competitions, winning the Orange League, defeating the Kanto Battle Frontier, seeing/ meeting each of the rare and powerful Legendary/ Mythical Pokémon, some on numerous occasions, and continually fighting vigilantly against six villainous teams, Ash has apparently now decided to go to school.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast