Thread: How can May return in the Pokemon SM Anime

Default How can May return in the Pokemon SM Anime

How do you guys think May can return in the Pokemon SM Anime? There is a chance she will come back, because in a recent interview with the the writers they said they are intrested in bringing back more former characters to the Anime. I think she will come back by her coming to Alola for a vaccation or her coming to Alola to learn more about Pokemon there.

1. All SPPF rules apply, as does the Community Rules.
    2. No Bashing or Flaming! This will not be tolerated and will be reported directly to the mods.
    3. No Multi-posting! Simply edit your previous post, if you want add more.
    4. Stay On Topic! This is a Pokemon Anime methread so all posts should be about the Pokemon Anime only.
    4. No One Liners! If your post contains more then one lime, it is considered SPAM. Please explain more when posting.
    5. Respect Each Other! Do I need to add on to this?
    6. If you post a fanart, give credit to the artist or post a link to where you found

I doubt it unless they get a new va for her since either her va apparently is currently sick with a voice disorder or she retired. I'd rather see Iris over May (or Dawn) at the moment anyways.

Best bet would be to see her appear in a class trip to Jhoto or Hoenn maybe? Easiest way to get multiple girls would be to have them go against each other in a Pokemon contest if they visit Hoenn imo but I'd rather their appearances be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    I doubt it unless they get a new va for her since either her va apparently is currently sick with a voice disorder or she retired. I'd rather see Iris over May (or Dawn) at the moment anyways.
    Why would you rather see Iris?

Same ways that Dawn can. Wallace Cup or Lisia trying to introduce the Alola region to contests.
    I wish Japan wasn't so obsessed with VAs.... I really want May to come back.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

If she were to comeback, i suppose looking for a Z move to use on contests would be a great excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Same ways that Dawn can. Wallace Cup or Lisia trying to introduce the Alola region to contests.
    I wish Japan wasn't so obsessed with VAs.... I really want May to come back.
    Same. I don't care about VA's, its the character that is most importaint

Wallace cup, yah it'd kill two birds with one stone, Dawn could come with her.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

They could have the anniversary be Ash meeting up with all his old companions. Turns out Alola is a popular vacation spot...which is very plausible given it's the Hawaii equivalent
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

Haruka doesn't have much of a reason to return given that the Houen remakes are too old by this point and they no longer necessitate any promotion in the anime. We also need to consider the possibility that Haruka's seiyuu might not be able to voice the character anymore. If Haruka ever does come back however, I hope it'll involve a Contest mini-arc similar to the Mikuri Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    Haruka doesn't have much of a reason to return given that the Houen remakes are too old by this point and they no longer necessitate any promotion in the anime. We also need to consider the possibility that Haruka's seiyuu might not be able to voice the character anymore. If Haruka ever does come back however, I hope it'll involve a Contest mini-arc similar to the Mikuri Cup.
    I hope it will be for a mini tournament arc aswell

To be honest, I feel like the chance for May (and Dawn) to return came and went at the end of the X, Y & Z series.

Instead of having whats-her-name tell Serena about the contests that get held in Hoenn, I would have preferred it if the anime had an episode where the gang goes to somewhere like parfum palace where Ash has heard about something that he really wants to see for himself and wants Serena to see it too - May, the current champion coordinator of Hoenn, and Dawn, the current champion coordinator of Sinnoh, have turned up in Kalos to put on a show, allowing the people of Kalos to learn about contests.

An episode like this would not only have served as a better introduction for Serena to the world of contests, but could also have been a good point to see Shauna, Aria and others one last time and bring back both May and Dawn for a decent appearance, maybe showing off a few team changes - maybe May's Skitty is now a Delcatty and her Blaziken can Mega Evolve while Dawn's Buneary has evolved into Lopunny and can also Mega Evolve.

To me, that was the best time to bring back either of those two characters and give them a decent on-screen presence that impacts the main cast significantly. They could even have rounded it out with Serena actually leaving with May to go to Hoenn.
    Favourite Ice Types

May shouldn't return because she already came back in Sinnoh, plus she has no reason to show up since Hoenn's era is long over. But just to pretend that she has a chance at coming back, she might discover some new Contest competition happening wherever Ash is.

There is no contests for sure in Alola so I agree she has no reason to come back although she might return just because she wants to meet Ash cause it's been a while since last time they saw each other. Of course, that would be out of character.

In-character, she might return to help for the antagonist team arc or anything like that. I honestly do not see much possibilities for her return in-character.

I suppose the most likely reason would be that Alola is a tropical tourist destination. That in itself is credible enough to bring any character back.

It might be a stretch but she could always come across to Alola to learn about Z-Moves. Since Z-Moves require you to strike a pose, she could want to incorporate that into her contest entries, perhaps?

I feel like her chance has come and gone though. XY and Z had plenty more opportunities for her. She could have tried a Pokemon Showcase. She could have even tried to mega evolution, since she had Blaziken and Venusaur (and possibly a Blastoise) to experiment with.

Currently Exploring Sinnoh

Since it was confirmed that we may visit other regions, a visit to Hoenn and a reunion with May and Max (or just Max because of VA complications) is certainly plausible.
    I'm a young boy with a lot to prove.

A few of the students could likely relate to May's agenda. Lillie's having more of a senpai/big brother outlook of Ash as things progress, just like May did, while Lana has been hinting to performer interests. Not to mention the whole choreography theme with Z Moves that fits well with Pokemon coordinating/performing (would be something if KIAWE took interest XD).

Quote Originally Posted by DatsRight View Post
    A few of the students could likely relate to May's agenda. Lillie's having more of a senpai/big brother outlook of Ash as things progress, just like May did, while Lana has been hinting to performer interests. Not to mention the whole choreography theme with Z Moves that fits well with Pokemon coordinating/performing (would be something if KIAWE took interest XD).
    Yeah. If May comes back, she may introduce the characters to contests, and some could even become coordinators themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
    Yeah. If May comes back, she may introduce the characters to contests, and some could even become coordinators themselves.
    We already had Haruka, Hikari, and even Serena take an interest in Pokemon Contests, so I don't think we need more cast members who should follow in their footsteps, especially since Contests aren't relevant right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    We already had Haruka, Hikari, and even Serena take an interest in Pokemon Contests, so I don't think we need more cast members who should follow in their footsteps, especially since Contests aren't relevant right now.
    True, but some, like Lana and Kiawe, would make fine coordinators. That is just my opinion.