Thread: Does Ash draw in short haired girls?

Default Does Ash draw in short haired girls?

I know that this might sounds stupid but from what I see, Ash (for some reason) gets girls with short hair to like him. Now, you might be probably laughing but think about. We have Anabel from AG, Angie (I think that's her name...) from DP and Serena from XY, though granted she previously had long hair. Also, I'm talking about actual confirmed "one-sided" canon. I just want to see what you guys think about this and if it's just coincidence or if there is something more.

SUBS > DUBS ANY DAY
    Some of my favourite shippings: ToumaxMisaki, ToumaxMikoto, KyousukexKuroneko, SadaoxEmi, RakuxChitoge, KazutoxSuguha, AshxMay, AshxSerena
    Some of my favourite anime/manga/light novel series: Raildex Series, Pokemon, Shakugan no Shana, Clannad, Oreimo, Toradora!

MyAnimeList | Fanfiction

It's just one of many headcannon stuff people tend to think when they ship to hard and seek to justify it. (No offence). This was a hot topic back on morpheus ship if I recall.

At most it could be an artist appeal or preference or even go into memetic territory like Ash being man with a conceited taste on the female rear parts.
    Last edited by Disaster_Lord; 28th March 2015 at 3:00 AM.
    Are we stylish yet?

sometimes good stuff happens when you wait for them
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Its most likely a coincidence. Serena's hair cut was most likely to promote character customization in the anime since she changed her attire as well and used the fedora hat from the games.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

Ash can look pretty girly and he rocks that maid uniform like the best of them.

Of course those abilities won't go unoticed.

But ash was liked by Serena before she cut her hair...
    ♥♥♥♥♥ (KALOS FURTURE QUEEN!) ♥♥♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by Respawnzer View Post
    I know that this might sounds stupid but from what I see, Ash (for some reason) gets girls with short hair to like him. Now, you might be probably laughing but think about. We have Anabel from AG, Angie (I think that's her name...) from DP and Serena from XY, though granted she previously had long hair. Also, I'm talking about actual confirmed "one-sided" canon. I just want to see what you guys think about this and if it's just coincidence or if there is something more.
    You forget the most important of them, namely Misty.
    My Friend Code: 4098-4422-2793 Add me.

Nope and Nope

Also, this probably belongs in the Shipping Forum.

It's just one of those things you know? I don't really think it matters or means anything.

It's not a coincidence. It's a plot by the Illuminati to spark plans for the New World Order!!!!

No seriously, that's an actual coincidence. Nothing special, I'd just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Respawnzer View Post
    Serena's hair isn't short enough to put her in that list.

And Angie was by the far the best of that lot. He would have been been better off with her than his current googly-eyed follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    Serena's hair isn't short enough to put her in that list.

And Angie was by the far the best of that lot. He would have been been better off with her than his current googly-eyed follower.

So why don't you like Serena?
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Because she's not Dawn or Iris

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    It's not Serena that I don't like, it is the portrayal of her character, which I think is showing itself to be more and more sexist. Her character type is the spiritual successor of Dawn, who was very feminine, into fashion and obsessed with her appearance yet still kicked lots of ***, came in a close second in the GF, came up with loads of new techniques, pushed the plot forward and was in all honesty the co star of that season. Serena is also girly and into fashion but doesn't do much in the cast. So much attention from both the writers and Serena's 'fans' has been on her looks, pokevision and these pageants that she is now a part of, all of which are superficial. The only other thing to mention is her crush, which isn't worth talking about. There isn't much about Serena that is interesting, her mirror version was more interesting than she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Because she's not Dawn or Iris
    It's not easy for any other character to be like the best characters in the entire anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
    Does Dawn own Misty? Yes she does!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkus View Post
    It's not Serena that I don't like, it is the portrayal of her character, which I think is showing itself to be more and more sexist. Her character type is the spiritual successor of Dawn, who was very feminine, into fashion and obsessed with her appearance yet still kicked lots of ***, came in a close second in the GF, came up with loads of new techniques, pushed the plot forward and was in all honesty the co star of that season. Serena is also girly and into fashion but doesn't do much in the cast. So much attention from both the writers and Serena's 'fans' has been on her looks, pokevision and these pageants that she is now a part of, all of which are superficial. The only other thing to mention is her crush, which isn't worth talking about. There isn't much about Serena that is interesting, her mirror version was more interesting than she was.
    I agree that I find both May and Dawn better, as of now. And if this was year 1 of XY, I would have agreed with what you said to an extent because she was getting boring. But I think since episode 50, she's gotten better. The free performance of TriPokalons are basically like Contest Appeals. She trains her Pokemon now, and isn't afraid to battle. She kicked *** in that episode with her mother. I just want her to be more sassy like she was in episode 1 and 2.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

This I don't even.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.