Thread: Will we see the Z-Status moves being implemented into the SM anime?

Default Will we see the Z-Status moves being implemented into the SM anime?

Z-Moves have been a fun addition to the anime, they are like final moves that play perfectly into the anime-sce nature of Pokemon but I do fear using Z-Moves every time would become stale at a certain point and I doubt the anime would want to limit the use of Z-Moves since this Gen heavily focuses on it.

So could we see the status variants of the Z-Moves. They would be more useful and could be used early in battle. And this would give our characters something new to learn. More strategies could be born out of this. Like...

Z-Bellydrum - Hala could use this its deadly it increases attack and also heals HP fully.

Z-Sandstorm - Churns up a sandstorm and increases speed+1

Z-Mirror move - Performs the targets last move as a Z-Move and raises attack+2 (This one is OP)

I doubt it. I don't think the Z-Status Moves are as prominent as the signature moves. Signature moves are what the writers want to show more than status moves. Besides, the Z-Status moves are largely similar.

I think we will see them eventually. It would be cool if they got a different animation though.

Hmm, I doubt it will be shown, it'll be interesting if it's shown though.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 26th September 2017 at 1:32 PM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

The only one I possibly see is Extreme Evoboost because it has visuals attached to it.

The other status moves just have the dance which isn't that visually appealing.

That said, I would love for Z-status to throw someone off guard in a battle.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

We see status moves utilised in the anime, I see no reason they couldn't have the Z Moves used in conjunction with them. If anything it would at least help develop their use a bit more instead of just being one last second super powered attack (though of course this being anime, I could see them just wanting to keep to the more visually impressive power spamming part).

Besides I could see some humorous imagery being made from some of the boosts. Imagine a pumped up Z Splash in use with Magikarp, or sped up Sing from Jigglypuff
    Last edited by DatsRight; 26th September 2017 at 11:18 PM.

Unless its Extreme Eevoboost, I don't see it. The actual Z-Moves seem too impressive by comparison for them to use Z-Status moves since you can only use Z-Moves of a single Pokemon once per fight
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (X Friend Safari)

It's a possibility, however the biggest argument against status Z-Moves appearing is the fact that status moves themselves aren't very common in the anime.

While Double Team and Protect appear on a reasonably regular basis, moves like Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Calm Mind, Toxic and Bulk Up are pretty much non-existent within the anime universe while healing moves (recover, moonlight etc), along with Light Screen and Reflect only occur when Ash is being given an unusually difficult opponent to fight.

I also doubt them being implemeted since even the basic status moves are barely used in anime. protect and double team excluded (which the effects are slightly different from game), we could almost count on single hand the number of time a status move is used each generation.
    feed my pokemon, thanks.