Thread: Do you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode?

Default Do you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode?

Just curious if you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode. Also, when do you think that it will be?

I'm not sure. The 500th episode was Dawn catching Buizel so nothing too special there.

Admittedly when DP was airing I only watched the dub version so I'm unaware of any PokeAni/Pokenchi streams that may have celebrated it.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

I'm with Frozocrone on this. Maybe. They didn't do much with EP100 but they also didn't know how long they were going to be on back then. EP500 has a reference to Misty in the form of her special lure. EP1000 is still a good 30-some episodes away so we won't really know until around June if they're doing anything with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?

I don't think so. Episode count doesn't matter to them like anniversaries do.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

It'll probably be either a regular episode where Ash either catches a Pokémon or challenges a Kahuna or Trial Captain or it could be a filler episode.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

I doubt it.

Eh, probably not.

Japan doesn't seem to especially care about the episode count for a TV show. It seems to be more about anniversaries than how many episodes. Shoot, many anime's story structures/mechanics make it almost impossible to do something special for a high episode count anyway.

Heck, the reason Pocket Monsters keeps starting over the count each series is so they don't have to add 'em up. Us gaijin may make a big deal when a show reaches a certain number of episodes, but to the Japanese it's just another day at the office.

Yeah, there's never going to be an "episode 1000". The episode that aired last week was episode 16. Just because some westerners pretend the episode number never resets doesn't mean that isn't actually the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangobadass View Post
    Heck, the reason Pocket Monsters keeps starting over the count each series is so they don't have to add 'em up. Us gaijin may make a big deal when a show reaches a certain number of episodes, but to the Japanese it's just another day at the office.
    That's not true, however. Many shows celebrate episode count milestones, and Get TV celebrated their 100th episode about a year and a half ago.