Thread: Which genre are the theme songs?

Default Which genre are the theme songs?

Are they pop, rock, metal, or a different genre. I hear electric guitars in some theme songs.

Power ballads.

Power ballads... I guess sounds right, but that isn't exactly a genre. I'd say - at least in the dub - straight rock, maybe a bit pop-rocky at times. Though "Pokemon World" was... different.

I think power ballads is the closest in at least describing what they are. In terms of music styles, I've noticed the openings have been different with every season (well, at least with 4KIDS, somewhat), from rock, pop (I kind wonder if "Pokémon World" was going for some kind of beach music? *shrugs*), and then rap once in "Diamond and Pearl" (I think it's rap--not counting the PokéRap). I'm surprised they hadn't tried electronica (actually, the original Japanese might have traces?). "We Will Be Heroes" makes me think of soft country for some reason lol. But listening to all of the themes, it's been pretty much the same style since at least "Battle Cry" (until XY), but it probably comes off to me because the theme songs were cut down to like thirty seconds each, which makes me sad, personally, and I'm just not interested in looking up extended versions of them.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 20th April 2016 at 6:51 PM.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I think they've alternated between pop, rock, and rap. Orange Islands (2) and Diamond and Pearl (10) are like rap, most (seasons 1, 3, 6, 8, 9, 11, for example) are pop, and some (seasons 4, 5, 7) are more rock.
    New shinies week of 4/14-4/21: klefki pumpkaboo
    New shinies week of 4/21-4/28:

Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing AlphaSapphire

I'm finally wireless! Friend codes: 4571-0519-1537, 4571-0519-6173
    I still need some codes! Please add me and PM me, I'd appreciate it.