Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are the writers planning to bring Iris as champion

Default Are the writers planning to bring Iris as champion

If the writers decide to make up Iris' none appearance in Kalos in Alola do you think she'll be introduced as champion of Unova? I could see that happening considering a team has the potential to be strong (minus Emolga I guess?) with the evolution of Gible and Axew. Do you guys see this happening if she comes back?

I doubt it. Her story is completely different from game Iris.

I might have given more credence if Iris was part of the Battle Tree but can't see it happening.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

Champion Iris didn't happen for a whole 2 years in the games, I really don't think it's happening. Maybe in a 100 years when the they might end the franchise and we get timeskip epilogue of sorts.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    NNID: BeatScrafty2
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.
    I need a new signature lmao.

No I don't. Completely different story from the games. Generally in the anime, the position for E4 and Champion start from taking on the Leagues. Since Iris was never a trainer in that way, I can't see her becoming a Champion. As a Dragon Gym leader, maybe I could see.

I guess if she decides to go that path. I mean Steven did appear as Champion when he returned. I don't think she'll return as Champion but I'd love if she did.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Her character and personality is completely different.
    She aspired to become a Dragon Master, never showing interest in gym battles. Making her a Champion would be SO forced.
    Even if Black/White get remakes at some point, Sinnoh still has to happen first don't forget, why would they bring back the least popular companion and not Alder? Who you know.... is THE Champion of Black/White 1. They never brought back May for ORAS, or introduced Wally for that matter(So stupid....) Iris doesn't need to come back. I'd love to see Alder return and get some proper treatment, especially since he didn't do too much. He honestly has the worst Champion portrayal atm.
    We already have one Dragon Master(Lance) as a Champion, I like Alder's team better as it's more diverse in typing like Blue, Cynthia and Diantha's teams. Making her Champion in the games felt like a step backwards.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

I can imagine millions of people losing their minds if anime Iris were to ever return as a Champion. They would become flabbergasted and furious as to why she's a Champion and Ash isn't.

But yeah, I highly doubt anime Iris would be a Champion if she were to ever return.

Quote Originally Posted by spyro39 View Post
    I can imagine millions of people losing their minds if anime Iris were to ever return as a Champion. They would become flabbergasted and furious as to why she's a Champion and Ash isn't, further fueling the hatred towards her.

But yeah, I highly doubt anime Iris would be a Champion if she were to ever return.
    I'd love it if that somehow did happen, but yeah I can't see her returning as a champion sadly :/
    In the future i would love it if a companion somehow became a champion.

And there's also Wallace, they never made him Champion(Thank god for that. I was never fond of him)
    Steven was brought back instead. So Alder should too....

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    No I don't. Completely different story from the games. Generally in the anime, the position for E4 and Champion start from taking on the Leagues. Since Iris was never a trainer in that way, I can't see her becoming a Champion. As a Dragon Gym leader, maybe I could see.
    Oh yeah, THAT would be the ONLY way I'd want her to appear. Assuming they let Axew become a Haxorus, otherwise no thanks..... Becoming an Gym Leader in Unova like her game counterpart, would be some actual progression in her goal rather than a fully evolved Dragon falling right into her lap.....
    No Garchomp either, keep Gible as Gabite. Haxorus should be the first fully evolved Dragon she earned legitimately, it wanted to evolve. And we haven't seen much of the middle stage of Gible's line, Ash and Corey own Gible, Cynthia owned Garchomp and showed up in two sagas.... Gabite was owned by Ursula, and didn't get as much appearances.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

The Unova series is long over, so it doesn't seem likely that Iris will ever become Champion. They did do a special about her battling Clair in the Johto region and catching a Gible, so if they made more specials with her, they could sort of follow B2W2's story with Iris challenging all the Unova Gyms and Pokémon League. She could probably win against Drayden then.
    I love Canada now and forever.

Sun Team:

Maybe if they like to piss off the fandom.

Did Wallace ever become Champion in the anime?
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by SinnohEevee View Post
    Did Wallace ever become Champion in the anime?
    He was the Hoenn Champion till ME Act II where it was implied that he lost his position from Steven.

I don't expect to ever see Iris again since the writing staff seem to have a phobia of bringing previous female cast members back for speaking roles these days, but even assuming that we'll see her again, I dunno if she'll suddenly be a Champion. It just seems like it would cause problems given how Iris gets criticized so much as things stand. ^^;

return her as champion would be one of the worst insult and humiliation ever done to ash.
    feed my pokemon, thanks.

Implying that Ash can ever achieve anything noteworthy in this anime to begin with Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

I'm all for it, Best Companion deserves Best Spot.

Having Iris, who is hated, become Champion before Ash can even win a League will cause a huge backlash.

Plus, continuity died in XY. The staff saw they can get away with no continuity so they won't bring it back.
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
    return her as champion would be one of the worst insult and humiliation ever done to ash.
    I don't think we need to worry about her becoming a Champion in the anime, but I wouldn't see it as 'humiliating' to Ash even if she did. Ash's flaws and losses are his own problem, so any plausible feats and accomplishments from Iris shouldn't have any impact on how people view Ash. They're like apples and oranges. ^^;

Iris the kid coming back as a champion? Not gonna happen! Her chances of becoming the champ is as slim as Ash winning a regional league.
    Last edited by NPT; 22nd July 2017 at 8:27 AM.

This is such a silly question. Of course not.

1. Iris never showed interest in the League.
    2. Iris somehow becoming Champion wouldn't make sense AT ALL.
    3. Just because her game counterpart is a Champion doesn't mean she will also become one. Anime =/= games.

I mean, there is like 0% chance of that happening. Even IF Iris somehow won the League, how would she get through the unstoppable E4? And then beat the Champion?

Simply impossible.
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    This is such a silly question. Of course not.

1. Iris never showed interest in the League.
    2. Iris somehow becoming Champion wouldn't make sense AT ALL.

3. Just because her game counterpart is a Champion doesn't mean she will also become one. Anime =/= games.

I mean, there is like 0% chance of that happening. Even IF Iris somehow won the League, how would she get through the unstoppable E4? And then beat the Champion?

Simply impossible.
    So did alain in XY, but it is happened after all
    feed my pokemon, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thor94 View Post
    So did alain in XY, but it is happened after all
    And it was crappy writing. :P
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    And it was crappy writing. :P
    Technically Dawn never showed interest in Leauge/Gym battles but she battled Maylene (probably if her mom wasn't into contests she would of done gym battles). Ash was never into contest but Dawn Aipom Wallace and May got him into it. Not to mention Bianca in the BW games never showed interest in challenging gyms but later in the anime they made her start challenging gyms. People try new things and if Iris achieves her dream of evolving Axew and becoming a Dragon master...why wouldn't she challenge gyms after or do something else? It's a lot of ifs but it's fun to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    Technically Dawn never showed interest in Leauge/Gym battles but she battled Maylene (probably if her mom wasn't into contests she would of done gym battles). Ash was never into contest but Dawn Aipom Wallace and May got him into it. Not to mention Bianca in the BW games never showed interest in challenging gyms but later in the anime they made her start challenging gyms. People try new things and if Iris achieves her dream of evolving Axew and becoming a Dragon master...why wouldn't she challenge gyms after or do something else? It's a lot of ifs but it's fun to speculate.
    I said in my previous post that I do think Iris retuning as a Dragon Type Gym Leader in place of Drayden is fairly realistic. A Dragon Gym Leader will make her goal of being a Dragon Master feel accomplished, and definitely she would have powered up her team to be in that role. However, champion is too farfetched an idea, as her goal is to become a Dragon Master, not a champion of a whole region. So that's why when taking her goal into account, Gym Leader is the best way she should return as.

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    People try new things and if Iris achieves her dream of evolving Axew and becoming a Dragon master...why wouldn't she challenge gyms after or do something else? It's a lot of ifs but it's fun to speculate.
    There's no way she'd achieve those things off-screen, especially since from a writing standpoint, her Dragon Master goal was arguably one of those open-ended things with no definitive conclusion, like Ash's Pokemon Master goal.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast