Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of Ash's "lost" Pokémons to return on Kalos League?

Default Some of Ash's "lost" Pokémons to return on Kalos League?

Do you think some Ash Ketchum's "lost" Pokémon may return during the Kalos League and will then be sent to Professor Oak's laboratory?

During the DP Series, Ash's Gliscor returned after training. During the BW Series, Ash's Charizard returned after training. Will it be possible for the following to return?

• Squirtle
    • Primeape
    • Pidgeot
    • Butterfree
    • Lapras
    • Goodra

EDIT: Sorry for using incorrect terms, Sinnoh League and Unova League respectively.
    EDIT 2: It's clear now, Goodra can be included to that list.
    Last edited by thedarkdragon11; 17th April 2015 at 3:59 AM.

I think the only possibility is Squirtle returning and maybe Goodra once it leaves. I doubt we'll see the others.
    Credit goes to Cresselia92

I think only Squirtle and Goodra. I don't think Primape, Lapras, Butterfree, and Pidgeot are going to be returning for the league. Although if they do that would be a nice surprise and I wouldn't be complaining. Oh and I know Butterfree was in a flashback in a episode of BW which had Ash helping out a wild Caterpie to evolve into a Butterfree while Primape appeared in a flashback when Ash was talking about Charizard in BW. So here is the order of the pokemon if they return from the most likely to the least likely: Goodra, Squirtle, Primape, Butterfree, Pidgeot, and Lapras. I think the fact that Butterfree was in a flashback in BW put it ahead of Pidgeot, and Lapras, while I think Primape appearing in a flashback and opening in BW puts it ahead of Butterfree, and Squirtle is ahead of those due to Ash being able to call upon it as well as it appearing in an opening in BW, Then Goodra is obviously probably the most likely due to being currently on the team and maybe able to return later. Oh now it's debatable between Pidgeot and Lapras which one would be more likely to return if the choice was between the 2 of them although Lapras did get that reunion episode in OS when Ash was traveling through Johto.
    Last edited by ShadowForce720; 9th April 2015 at 3:46 PM.

Butterfree and Lapras were unambiguous releases into the wild. Highly unlikely they'd appear again. In the former case I think it'd kinda cheapen the goodbye episode. The latter case I'm guessing they just don't like Ash keeping aquatic pokemon around, remember how Misty barely ever used Goldeen, or how during the Drake battle there was just a puddle conveniently in the middle of the arena for Ash to toss Lapras into?
    Pidgeot is a confusing case because when Ash told him he'd come back, it almost seemed like he knew he was lying because of the way he paused a bit before walking away. Also Be An Arrow seems to imply the staff doesn't think Pidgeot is actually his Pokemon anymore, unlike Primeape.
    Squirtle is still obviously Ash's Pokemon and has already been called upon once before.

They were all properly released except for Squirtle, who already reappears from time to time. So Squirtle yes, others no, problem solved
    Forever receiving power-
    OR Playthrough - Final Team

Currently attempting to piece together a team including MegaBeedrill, Florges and Maractus.. It's difficult..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    They were all properly released except for Squirtle, who already reappears from time to time. So Squirtle yes, others no, problem solved
    Primape wasn't released it's in training and plus it appeared at oaks lab in the opening "Be an Arrow" so that means that the writers still consider it Ash's pokemon.

They aren't relevant anymore (except for goodra), so I seriously doubt it. He has plenty of other reserves

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    Primape wasn't released it's in training and plus it appeared at oaks lab in the opening "Be an Arrow" so that means that the writers still consider it Ash's pokemon.
    OPs mean f all. Until it appears in proper, I'm not considering it in training.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    It was never a proper battling Pokemon and left specifically to train for the P1 Championship instead. That is in no way training for Ash.. and if it is, then that means Ambipom can also be classed as training for either Dawn or Ash to pick up as and when they please, which we all know is ridiculous..
    Forever receiving power-

Currently attempting to piece together a team including MegaBeedrill, Florges and Maractus.. It's difficult..

Correction: Charizard did not return until after the Unova League was over.

I am a strong believer that the region and that region's league should belong to the regional team. That will likely be the last time that most of the team gets a chance to shine. All bets are off for a Filler Region like Da! or Battle Frontier, though. He can use whatever he wants.

To answer the question, no. I do not believe there will be a Filler Region/Chance to use Reserves this time around. I think Generation 6 stuff will be done Fall 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Correction: Charizard did not return until after the Unova League was over.

I am a strong believer that the region and that region's league should belong to the regional team. That will likely be the last time that most of the team gets a chance to shine. All bets are off for a Filler Region like Da! or Battle Frontier, though. He can use whatever he wants.

To answer the question, no. I do not believe there will be a Filler Region/Chance to use Reserves this time around. I think Generation 6 stuff will be done Fall 2016.
    Thanks for the correction.

Noctowl actually seems to be lost per say. Even Prof. Oak seemed to have forgotten its existence. The proof is the BW episode where Ash sends Unfezant over to the Lab to switch for Charizard and Oak said and I quote, "Swellow and Staraptor will be very happy to have a new friend!" I was like "What about Noctowl????" I mean it's a SHINY and you don't even KNOW when you have a SHINY in your own lab????
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    Noctowl actually seems to be lost per say. Even Prof. Oak seemed to have forgotten its existence. The proof is the BW episode where Ash sends Unfezant over to the Lab to switch for Charizard and Oak said and I quote, "Swellow and Staraptor will be very happy to have a new friend!" I was like "What about Noctowl????" I mean it's a SHINY and you don't even KNOW when you have a SHINY in your own lab????
    Noctowl was one of the best Pokemon in the Sinnoh League and was involved in the final BW scene, just like everyone else..

I hardly see how that makes it lost or forgotten..

Also Professor Oak saying about the races with only Swellow and Staraptor would make sense, because why would an owl want to race?
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 10th April 2015 at 1:55 PM.
    Forever receiving power-

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    I guess noctowl wasnt mentioned since swellow and staraptor has races against each other, and noctowl's design isnt nearly as aerodynamic as those other two are.

I'd like to see Pidgeot return for the Kalos League like some of his older Pokemon did in Sinnoh.For a release episode,Pallet Party Panic wasn't even remotely close to emotional.

Yeah, openings mean very little in terms of what is actually going on. The simple fact is that Primeape hasn't been seen anywhere near Ash canonically for many, many years.

I liked Butterfree, Pidgeot, Primeape and Lapras, but I struggle to see the point in them returning, other than to temporarily appease ye olde Pokemon fans, such as myself.

Squirtle is the exception.

Maybe Squirtle, Charizard and/or Goodra (he's gotten too much development to simply be released after less than 20 episodes).

The rest just aren't happening. It's been too long and there's little or no demand. Heck, they didn't seem to want to use Primeape back then, so there's no point thinking they'd give a crap now.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    I'd like to see Pidgeot return for the Kalos League like some of his older Pokemon did in Sinnoh.For a release episode,Pallet Party Panic wasn't even remotely close to emotional.
    Heck, I don't think that was meant to be a release episode. I for one think that the creative team originally meant for Ash to come back for Pidgeot, but by the time the Orange Islands was over there was little incentive and, well...there were new birds to show off.

You could say it was given the bird in favor of new birds.

Besides, it was his least used or second least used bird (depending on you views of Pidove/Tranqauil/Unfezant) and seldom did anything important or memorable.
    Last edited by Jangobadass; 14th April 2015 at 10:19 PM.
    "You're Honor, I move that Dragon Ball GT be stricken from the Record."
    "Sustained!"

I'm pretty sure the writers forgot about Pidgeot and Primeape. I'm pretty sure the only reason people haven't forgotten about Primeape was because of genwunners...and those that realize that the first season was the best, Arceus danit!
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Zekrom(1741 SR)

Can sociopaths feel despair?

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I'm pretty sure the writers forgot about Pidgeot and Primeape. I'm pretty sure the only reason people haven't forgotten about Primeape was because of genwunners...and those that realize that the first season was the best, Arceus danit!
    Writers are required to take note and reminded of every major information regarding their works. They have a log as a reference on making future activities and moves.

I think the fact that Mega Pidgeot is a thing gives Pidgeot a chance at returning - a better chance than I would have given it before the release of ORAS anyway. Of course, by that logic, Charizard, Heracross, Sceptile and Glalie all stand a very decent chance of coming back as well.
    Though I am assuming here. After all, there is no guarantee that Ash will ever be allowed to mega-evolve anything.

Ever.

TBH I see Mega Evolution as the thing that is going to screw him over in the league. It's just a question of which one and who owns it.
    Y Wonderlocke (Champions) - Pancake the Gooda, Lopunny, Mapleleaf the Serperior and Espeon.

Ruby Wonderlocke (Champions) - Electrode, Pidgeot, Cacturne, Glaceon, Dustox and Thumper the Steelix.

Much like others on here; I only see Squirtle and Goodra returning.

Maybe Pidgeot, considering that the pokemon can now Mega-evolve, but I highly doubt that.
    Last edited by Ace Kenshader; 2nd May 2015 at 4:58 AM.

Not sure about Goodra but Squirtle is the only who has a cellphone. So I can't see how he could get the others. I guess Prof.Oak could go get Pidgeyot but we all know how leaving things up to him ended up during the Sinnoh League XD

I want Squirtle to end up at the lab with the others. Along with Goodra.
    BIG Marvel fan(Especially of Spider-Man) and proud of it.

Honestly, I forgot about Pidgeot. I must have missed the episode where it "vanished" in the channel shuffling of the show up here. Also Primeape too, totally forgot about it. Lapras was never really Ash's anyway, he only took care of it during the Orange Islands stint.
    Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

Quote Originally Posted by Vale_Star View Post
    Lapras was never really Ash's anyway, he only took care of it during the Orange Islands stint.
    Lapras had its own Poke Ball, so it was officially Ash's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast