Thread: Did the anime ever mention game system mechanics?

Default Did the anime ever mention game system mechanics?

I skipped a lot of episodes after AG, so I didn't know a lot of details about the Pokemon anime for most of the time since DP.

I wanted to ask a quick question of, did Pokemon anime every mentioned the statistical parameters that are only used in the mechanical game system, such as HP and other stats, EV/IV, friendship parameter, attack power, accuracy, etc?

Because many people said Pokemon anime since DP had became very mechanical, where Pokemon doesn't feel like "living creature", so I wanted to know about this issue.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

It's not that mechanical tbh. There ARE moves like Sword Dance and they mention their effects or moves like Flame Charge that they explicitly say boosts speed, but the anime doesn't go that far into that. It does its own thing and does its best to stay away from the games in terms of game mechanics because things don't work the same in the anime as they do in the games. They don't even follow Pokémon's movepool clearly.

For example, they barely bother to utilize effects of Volt Switch or Dragon Tail. They treat them as simple attacks.

Another example would be the anime completely inventing a move for Froakie, 'Frubbles', where it uses the foam from its neck to subdue foes.

Also, the anime still does improvised attacks that never happen in the games such as Super Flying Cut or Rock Tomb Climb.
    Last edited by Janovy; 24th September 2014 at 6:43 PM.

....and now, her story begins.

Wasn't it during Ash and Paul's battle at lake I-can't-remember-which-one-of-the-three-it-was-at-the-moment where Paul's Magmortar burned Pikachu and it showed Pikachu being inflicted with the burn status every time it tried to attack?

I'm pretty sure that happened...

And I keep thinking there were a few times where it showed Ash's Staraptor taking some kind of recoil from using Brave Bird and his Infernape taking recoil from using Flare Blitz(or was it Overheat?)?

it's been awhile since I last saw anything from the DP saga so there is a chance I could be remembering wrong.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    Wasn't it during Ash and Paul's battle at lake I-can't-remember-which-one-of-the-three-it-was-at-the-moment where Paul's Magmortar burned Pikachu and it showed Pikachu being inflicted with the burn status every time it tried to attack?

I'm pretty sure that happened...

And I keep thinking there were a few times where it showed Ash's Staraptor taking some kind of recoil from using Brave Bird and his Infernape taking recoil from using Flare Blitz(or was it Overheat?)?

it's been awhile since I last saw anything from the DP saga so there is a chance I could be remembering wrong.
    they remembered recoil and status effects are used sometimes. Dp even used entry hazards stealth rock in the first gym and paul used toxic spikes in the league battle against Ash.

Im always shocked when they bring up abilities, or when they're used in battles they have.
    EggMove Pokemon Giveaway l MAL l Currently Playing

Need a Pokemon? Message me anytime or check out my Giveaway Thread <3
    FC:1547 5244 0536

I will let you know if this works for me Thanks and keep posting such a informative blogs
    http://www.braindumps.co/100-101.htm
    http://www.forest.edu/
    http://www.eccouncil.org/
    http://www.ucla.edu/

It was metioned a few times thru out anime but not in great detail. Most nnotably school of hard knocks which metions levels. Also imitations confrontation in Johto arc where Duplica mentions how counter is fod physical attacks and mirrior coat is for special attacks.
    Pokémon ships I am most into.
    Firm ships poke,handyman,and contest.

Loose ships, Paul x Dawn x Zoey,Paul x Dawn, Dawn x Zoey, and Clemont x Serena

Platonically flirt ships Delia x Oak and Delia x Brock.

Favorite friendship ship
    Misty x May