Thread: The Pikachu shorts: Your thoughts?

Default The Pikachu shorts: Your thoughts?

Thought I'd make a thread about this since these tend to be clear afterthought among most fans compared to the main anime and even the specials and movies.

The Pikachu shorts, while brief little appetisers usually played before each of the big movies, have a unique concept, they consist almost entirely of just the Pokemon having adventures. This has mixed response due to the obvious excess of Pokemon speak and the sometimes saccharine nature of the stories and activity. It does offer a great deal of something often lacking in the main series however. We see the Pokemon interacting without their trainers' involvement. It's hard to hate a bit of slapstick either, especially since most of the shorts have some great cartoony animation.

So what's your opinion of them? Do you think we've lost out from only half of them getting dubbed?

They are fun. That's all I gotta say.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Party Hard
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Those Pikachu Shorts are for 0-3 years old, even lower then the audience demographic of the general Pokemon Anime.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

They are alright but the actual pokemon movies are more appealing in my opinion.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

My Dragon gym leader/elite 4 and champion team - Mega Charizard X, Kingdra, Garchomp, Haxorus, Dragalge and Tyrantrum

My legendary Dragon team - Mega Rayquaza, Black Kyurem, Latios with Soul Dew, Dialga, Palkia and Reshiram

Currently waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Goodra is likely to be released again. Ash is likely to lose the Kalos league.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

i love them. they are so cure, funny, sad, heartwarming, and asome.

I honestly haven't been liking the more recent Pikachu shorts. The older ones up until... I believe after "Gotta Dance!" or so were fun, for the most part, anyway. I'm not surprised over half of them didn't come State-side due to their nature, but I'm not going to lie, it was a pain at times to track them all down. Not all of them have fan-subs, at least not what I had found, which is probably why it took a bit of digging on my part to find them. Even then, I didn't think they were terrible--but they weren't worth it, either. What hurt it the most for me were the gags that kept carrying over from short to short that were annoying--the Marill using Sing for example.

The newer shorts I don't think are all that necessary to make for accompanying the movies, and they're just waaaaay too cute even for me. The narrator in particular rubs me the wrong way and I can't stand listening to her. "What's This Key" was the last Pikachu short where I felt it was reminiscent of the older shorts, and I had appreciated that. Let's not even get into "Music Squad", the less I remember it, the better.

So I don't think they're bad for the kids they're obvious catering to, but they're just not fun or creative when it's nothing but cute Pokémon doing cute things with high-pitched voices and Meowth constantly getting the short end of the stick.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Those Pikachu Shorts are for 0-3 years old, even lower then the audience demographic of the general Pokemon Anime.
    I'm 24 years old and I still enjoy the Pikachu Shorts lol :P
    Happy 20th Anniversary Pokemon!

My 3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902