Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Default Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Anime Questions Thread, Volume 2

Welcome! This is a restart of the old "Single Anime Questions" thread, originally started by OBSESSED WITH PKNM. If you have a question about something that occurred in the Pokémon Anime, please look here!

Examples on what kind of questions you can ask here:
    - In which/how many episode(s) did *insert character/Pokémon here* appear?
    - Which episode is this screenshot from? *insert picture*
    - Can someone give me a screenshot/description of *insert character*?
    - In which episode did *insert character* wear *insert outfit*?
    - In which episode was *insert move* used?
    - In which episode did *insert character* say *insert quote*?
    - What's the music piece called that played in this scene? *insert description - NO CLIPS! - of the scene*
    - Who was the scriptwriter/animation director of this episode? *insert episode name, number and/or screenshot*
    - Etc.

Basically, if it's a factual question that has a definite answer, this is the right place to post. However, it's NOT a place where you can ask for opinions or predictions. Questions like "What do you think happened [...]?" or "What's your opinion on [...]?" have no concrete, 100% correct answer and therefore belong in other threads.

Rules:
    1) Please read the general Serebii Forum rules as well as the Anime Forum rules (also, at least skim the FAQs!).

2) Please don't accuse people of asking stupid/creepy questions. If you feel uneasy about someone's post, report them and mods will decide whether it was inappropriate.

3) This is already included in the rules linked to in 1), but since it's especially important for this thread...
    Please don't ask for or link to places where you can download/watch episodes or clips, or listen to music pieces. It's difficult to ask for music titles if you can't provide links to the scene in which they played, but try to make do with a written description of the scene. You have higher chances at getting an answer if you list multiple scenes the music played in.

4) Please don't derail the thread by making unnecessary comments or provoking a debate which doesn't serve to find the answer to someone's question.
    Example:
    User A (in response to someone's question): That was episode 978.
    User B: Maaan, I hated that episode. Goddamn fillers!
    User C: Really? I thought it was pretty fun.
    *cue argument about quality of the episode*

5) Minimal effort/research before asking a question should be viable. You don't need to read the entire thread and see whether your question was already answered somewhere. But please keep in mind that there are many Pokémon-related websites, such as the obvious serebii.net. Something as simple as "What is episode 014 called?" you can find out for yourself with only a few clicks. The people who answer your questions often go through the trouble of researching/double-checking things as well, so don't be unfair to them by laying back and letting them do all the work.
    Last edited by Sushi; 11th January 2012 at 9:10 PM.

Okay then, i'll start off.

Exactly how many references to the movies have been made and what exactly were they in the anime? And I mean actually referencing them, not just because 'said' character didn't scan a legendary... it's not really proof of anything.

From what I can think of on the top of my head:

-Mewtwo's canon appearances

-Dub having James mention Lugia from the Orange Islands

-In the Deoxy's special, the events of Movie 7 were mentioned by somebody learning of the professors work.

Im tired and generally can't think of anymore, but please let us know.

Movie 1: Mewtwo's entire story is tied into the Viridan Gym plot. The Mewtwo Returns special is also continued from it.

Movie 2: In the Whirl Islands arc in Johto, James said they saw a Lugia before in Orange Islands.

Movie 3: Ash knows what both Entei and Unown are when he sees them again in their Johto episodes.

Movie 4: Basically explains why Prof. Oak favors Ash. During the Eusine ep in Johto, Ash also says he's seen Suicune before.

Movie 5: During the Sinnoh league, Ash immediately recognizes Latios.

Movie 6: Butler was a Team Magma member. We also see the Lunar Wing continued into Movie 10.

Movie 7: The Pokemon Ranger ep in Battle Frontier said the Deoxys reminded them of the one in Laroouse City. It also revealed its Drew's hometown.

Movie 8: Aura subplot continues into DP.

Movie 9: No real reference, given a Manaphy never appears again.

Movie 10: Continued into the next two movies. Darkrai is recognized.

Movie 11: Mid-trilogy

Movie 12: Basically the conclusion

Movie 13: I can't think of much, but I do believe Ash remembered what Entei and Suicune were.

Movie 14: Haven't seen this one yet.

Cheers Cyber, pretty well clarified!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Movie 3: Ash knows what both Entei and Unown are when he sees them again in their Johto episodes.

Movie 5: During the Sinnoh league, Ash immediately recognizes Latios.

Movie 10: Continued into the next two movies. Darkrai is recognized.

Movie 13: I can't think of much, but I do believe Ash remembered what Entei and Suicune were.
    Hmm, Pokemon that are recognised never really tells anything. When Ash had no idea what a 'Lucario' was and scanned it I pretty much dropped this idea.

Movie 4: Basically explains why Prof. Oak favors Ash. During the Eusine ep in Johto, Ash also says he's seen Suicune before.
    Suppose, Ash could be talking about the Suicune which appeared in the first Johto episode though.

Movie 8: Aura subplot continues into DP.
    Nothing really clarifies that he learned his abilities from the movie though, us as a viewer know this, especially when he talks to Riolu, but nothing tells us anything about Movie 8.

Movie 14: Haven't seen this one yet.
    Eh your mind will blow when you see the canon mindf-cks in this one these two.

When Ash had no idea what a 'Lucario' was and scanned it I pretty much dropped this idea.
    That's not true. Ash recognised Lucario as soon as he saw it, then checked him in the Pokedex, presumably for the benefit of the audience. The only other time he saw Lucario was Movie 8.

Also, there are two more Movie 8 references in the same episode (Lost Leader Strategy). Ash and Brock recognised Aura Sphere, and Jessie offered Lucario a bar of chocolate.

Hmm, Pokemon that are recognised never really tells anything. When Ash had no idea what a 'Lucario' was and scanned it I pretty much dropped this idea.
    In the Japanese RAW he identified Lucario before scanning it. He went on to explain its special power and the name of its " signature " attack, Aura Sphere. Later in the same episode Jessie offered chocolate to Lucario in exchange for its cooperation, which is refused.

There are several other episodes that confirm the events of the Movie. " The Keystone Pops ", " Pokemon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu ", and " Steeling Peace of Mind! ". Take your pick.

I'll add some more.

Movie 3: The Unown's Alternate Dimension (Movie 3) is the same as " Address Unown ".

Movie 6: Diane and Butler appeared as a cameo in Movie 8 which is 100% confirmed canon.

Movie 10: The Lunar Wing purchased in Movie 10 is seen again in " Sleepless in Prebattle " (correction)

Movie 4: Ash didn't scan Latios. Dawn did.     Spoiler:

Movie 11: Dawn continues to play the group n00b and scans Shaymin despite recognizing it. Not enough? In the flashback that shows how Marley got in the boat Meowth warns James about Seed Flare when Shaymin starts sucking in Seviper's Haze.

And the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon Special confirms all movies up until that point as canon because the machine scans Pikachu's memories of the Legendary Pokemon he has seen.

Ahh well cheers for clearing that up.

I've actually decided i'll class recognising the Pokemon as a hint towards canonology now, I've always been unsure since the anime always has the team re-scan Pokemon all the time but eh.

Well then Movie 13 is also canon since Ash already knew Zorua in BW040.

All right, there's something bugging me. In the Zoroark film,

Spoiler:- Plot point:

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Muffin View Post
        Spoiler:- Plot point:
    I think it's kinda obvious with Celebi being a grass legendary as well as time-traveling Pokémon.

If anything, the time ripple WAS meant for Celebi alone and not for a human or any other Pokémon. That explains why Celebi was the only able to touch it.
    Last edited by Janovy; 13th January 2012 at 1:33 PM.

^ I know, but why is it that someone who isn't Celebi touching it causes the whole

Spoiler:- Plot:

I just wanted to know if they explained why it would cause that particular side effect.

^ I know, but why is it that someone who isn't Celebi touching it causes the whole

Spoiler:- Plot:

I just wanted to know if they explained why it would cause that particular side effect.
    A time Pokemon can touch a time ripple.

An ordinary human can't, that's that.

I think your looking a little too hard for the answers here, it's obvious haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    A time Pokemon can touch a time ripple.

An ordinary human can't, that's that.

I think your looking a little too hard for the answers here, it's obvious haha.
    Maybe I am. Sorry, I just wondered if there was any explanation about the effects other than 'it's to do with Celebi's magic'. Guess not. Thanks anyway.

Maybe I am. Sorry, I just wondered if there was any explanation about the effects other than 'it's to do with Celebi's magic'. Guess not. Thanks anyway.
    Don't have to be sorry I can understand why you want to know, it's just a simple explanation of having a time Pokemon touch it, if Pikachu passed through it then that would be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    In the Japanese RAW he identified Lucario before scanning it.
    As an additional note, it should be mentioned that the dub isn't all that trustworthy when it comes to these "does he give them impression of knowing this Pokemon or not" things. Make sure to reference the original if possible.

In Best Wishes, there's a song that I can't seem to find/don't know the name.

Spoiler:- Slight Spoilers:

Can anyone find the actual song anywhere for me or the name? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    In Best Wishes, there's a song that I can't seem to find/don't know the name.

Spoiler:- Slight Spoilers:

Can anyone find the actual song anywhere for me or the name? Cheers.
    That one hasn't been released yet. When it does, there's a possibility that they'll just name it "Ending" or something. Back with the very first BGM CD, they'd think of original names even for game-based tracks, but the music pieces on the recent 1997-2010 collection CD were named more or less the same as their game counterparts. But yeah, so far it's nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    That one hasn't been released yet. When it does, there's a possibility that they'll just name it "Ending" or something. Back with the very first BGM CD, they'd think of original names even for game-based tracks, but the music pieces on the recent 1997-2010 collection CD were named more or less the same as their game counterparts. But yeah, so far it's nameless.
    Ah cheers, i figured that might be why i can't find it.

Its such a tune! Can't wait for it to get released then haha.

For the record, no Best Wishes BGM (aside from the movie stuff, of course) has been released on CD yet. If that's where you first heard the tune, or you know it's a remix of BW game BGM, don't waste time searching, you won't find it.

Anyone knows what scar Meowth of Team Rocket Always talks about?

3DS FC:1547 5453 7012
    Please, keep a minute of silence RIP WIFI DS
    Searching for pokemon battles, please PM me! Also, I'm always keen to get friends in the 3DS, just pm me
    Friend safari: Poison (Garbodor, Cascoon, Muk) Thanks to Chilliwray

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    For the record, no Best Wishes BGM (aside from the movie stuff, of course) has been released on CD yet. If that's where you first heard the tune, or you know it's a remix of BW game BGM, don't waste time searching, you won't find it.
    Your wrong
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...e_of_the_Heart

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBW View Post
    Anyone knows what scar Meowth of Team Rocket Always talks about?
    Can you elaborate? Episodes, quotes...?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerS View Post
    Indeed, slipped my mind. Apologies.

Since Rival Destinies is starting soon and we'll be getting a new opening, im curious to know how the tcpi gets a new opening before the Japanese raw version?

... easily? The dub almost-always uses re-purposed clips from the Japanese anime. I only remember a Johto Opening using original footage made for the dub. The raw uses mostly new clips for their openings and endings.

There's really no right answer, but that seems the most logical.

How do the writers choose which Pokemon the main characters get?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    How do the writers choose which Pokemon the main characters get?
    They probably base it on whoever they find the most marketable, or want to promote on the main cast.

Other than the starters, they usually pick and choose a good few strong and cute pokemon for the main characters.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast