Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

So Now that the Teasm Rocket Voice Actor's aren't being used a lot, what happens to their pay? is it lowered? or do they have a set salary?

Claimed this Little guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    So Now that the Teasm Rocket Voice Actor's aren't being used a lot, what happens to their pay? is it lowered? or do they have a set salary?
    Lowered most likely

I don't even watch the anime but I got a question.

I've some people refer to parts of the anime a filler. Nomally this means anything not included in the manga. But I'm sure the anime doesn't follow the manga at all so isn't the whole anime filler?

On context of the anime a " Filler Episode " is any episode that nothing of consequence happens.

Basically you can choose not to watch this episode and not miss any of the story. Which episodes qualify as Filler varies from person to person. The general assumption is that any episode that Ash or friend do not participate in a tournament, does not win a Badge/Ribbon/Symbol/Trinket, catch a Pokemon, or evolve a Pokemon, or expand on a plot point is Filler. The writers occasionally sneak an evolution or new move into an episode that'd otherwise be Filler to make them more interesting. This has become a lot more common in recent regions.

I think it's also important to point out that some people think that "filler" is synonymous with "bad", but that can't be further from the truth. There are tons of bad episodes that are entirely relevant to the current plot of the anime (or whatever time period we're talking about), and there's great episodes that are entirely irrelevant to the plot of the anime from whatever time period.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

I think it should also be noted that a lot of people class filler as different things, but overall it is most agreed as an episode that if you missed, wouldn't affect you storyline wise since nothing important or of development happened.

Ok, thanks people. I was just a little curious.

(Sorry, i double posts )

Does anyone know Where I can Download Pokemon RAW or softsub?
    I need a place with every pokemon episode with English softsub or RAW
    Can anyone help me
    Thank so much

When Misty is about to depart, and her music montage plays, at 1:43 there is a scene with Ash crying on the ground in the rain, with the gang watching him, what episode was this and what happened?
    Last edited by Sushi; 11th March 2012 at 12:29 PM.

Default I was wondering....

Hey, everyone. I have a question about something. How does one get to battle the Champion in the anime. In the anime, they say to get to the Champion League, you must win the Pokemon League at your own region so that suggests that Ash ever wants to become a Pokemon master, he has to beat the Indigo League. So does that mean the order of events Ash has to go through to become Champion are 1)Win Indigo League 2)Win Champion League 3)Beat Elite 4 and then finally 4)Beat Champion to become champion? Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    When Misty is about to depart, and her music montage plays, at 1:43 there is a scene with Ash crying on the ground in the rain, with the gang watching him, what episode was this and what happened?
    That's from the last OS opening, "Ready Go!". In the lyrics, there's a part which says, "There might have been tears, but...". That's when the scene is shown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Hey, everyone. I have a question about something. How does one get to battle the Champion in the anime. In the anime, they say to get to the Champion League, you must win the Pokemon League at your own region so that suggests that Ash ever wants to become a Pokemon master, he has to beat the Indigo League. So does that mean the order of events Ash has to go through to become Champion are 1)Win Indigo League 2)Win Champion League 3)Beat Elite 4 and then finally 4)Beat Champion to become champion? Is this correct?
    That depends on which Champion League he wants to challenge and which Champion he wants to beat. If he wants to defeat Lance and take his place, he'll have to win the Indigo League and the regional Champion League (iirc, partaking in the CL and challenging the Elite Four are the same thing). To be the Champion of Hoenn, for example, he'll have to win the corresponding Leagues in Hoenn though, not the Indigo League.

I don't know if Ash would immediately replace the Champion the first time he defeats them though. So far, the only ones we've seen fighting the Champion Master for their title - and not just a casual battle like Paul VS Cynthia - were established Elite Four members (Lucian, Flint, Aaron). Maybe you get the right to become an Elite Four member yourself once you defeat all of them in the Champion League, and then, whenever you feel ready, you challenge the Champion Master. I might be forgetting something, but I think the anime hasn't cleared that up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    That's from the last OS opening, "Ready Go!". In the lyrics, there's a part which says, "There might have been tears, but...". That's when the scene is shown.
    Really? Damn it looked like it'd be a really interesting episode!

Cheers anyway Sushi appreciate it, in all fairness I was sure i'd have seen it if it was an episode but considering I watched dub all my childhood...

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post

That depends on which Champion League he wants to challenge and which Champion he wants to beat. If he wants to defeat Lance and take his place, he'll have to win the Indigo League and the regional Champion League (iirc, partaking in the CL and challenging the Elite Four are the same thing). To be the Champion of Hoenn, for example, he'll have to win the corresponding Leagues in Hoenn though, not the Indigo League.

I don't know if Ash would immediately replace the Champion the first time he defeats them though. So far, the only ones we've seen fighting the Champion Master for their title - and not just a casual battle like Paul VS Cynthia - were established Elite Four members (Lucian, Flint, Aaron). Maybe you get the right to become an Elite Four member yourself once you defeat all of them in the Champion League, and then, whenever you feel ready, you challenge the Champion Master. I might be forgetting something, but I think the anime hasn't cleared that up yet.
    That's very interesting. Yeah, I still think the anime hasn't explained much of how it works yet. We'll have to see if they explain it any further as the series progresses. Thanks a lot for your help!

Now I have a question, in yesterday's dub episode, Ash battled Adler. Of course the battle was stopped due to him sleeping, but hypothetically if Ash had won, would that make him Champion??

CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

If Ash is the counterpart to Red, and Gary is to Blue, and both lost the Kanto League, who is the champion then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum! View Post
    If Ash is the counterpart to Red, and Gary is to Blue, and both lost the Kanto League, who is the champion then?
    It's never truly been stated, but considering Kanto and Johto are joined together, it's assumed Lance is the Champion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question.

I vagely remember being told/watched that Team Rocket were falsely reported for being the ones to take down Team Magma/Aqua and Galactic, hence the reason Giovanni picked them to go to Unova to find Team Plasma.

What episodes was it stated in both AG and DP that they defeated them themselves (even though they didn't)?

What episodes was it stated that Team Rco

The TR trio reported to GIovanni (I think, specificlally, Jessie did) that they took down Galactic all by themselves, and that's probably why Giovanni gave them the super important Unova assignment. Whatever the last episode of DP is. (193?)

Not sure about AG and Aqua/Magma.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Not sure about AG and Aqua/Magma.
    They report to Sakaki about the dissolvements of those groups in the very first Battle Frontier episode. He doesn't give the impression of wholly believing it was their doing, though.

Hi all. I'm Jean-Paul...avid Pokéfan and Serebii forum reader, first time poster. I'm breaking my long-time lurking to ask a question posed by my girlfriend, who's not into anime...she tolerates my otaku ways (and I love her for it), but she does tend to mock sometimes...

Anyway, I was rewatching some older episodes, and while Freeze Frame was on, she took a look at Misty's outfit and asked, "Doesn't she ever get cold? Her and the blue-haired one [Dawn, I'm assuming] are always walking around wearing next to nothing. I'd be freezing my [expletive] off."

She was being rhetorical, but I thought it was a fair question, especially since I can't remember a time when either of them did seem to care about the cold while the much-more-sensibly-dressed Ash and Brock regularly get frozen for a gag. The odd episode has them at least put on jackets, but even that's not consistent. So...DID either of them ever get cold? If so, when? I'd love to be able to pull out the episodes just to prove a point

Merci,
    Jean-Paul

Snow Way Out for Misty. Or whatever episode it was that Ash got separated and nearly froze to death around that time.

Since Dawn changed into Winter Clothes for the Snowpoint arch we can assume she was cold. You just don't alter your wardrobe for cold weather for giggles.

Anyway, I chalk the main cast's ability to wear next to nothing in even freezing weather to Pokemon World humans being much more durable then real humans. These people can take Fire to the face, electrical shocks, punches from Pokemon who can tear steel, and all other types of injuries that would be fatal to a typical human, Living alongside creatures like Pokemon has got to cause some sort of evolutionary resistance to their attacks. Resistance to heat and cold comes with the package.

Two quick questions:

1 - Do the dubbers actually have to change the original raw music for any particular reason? The japanese music has always been the best imo, but why the dubbers switch bgm over and ruin it is beyond me.

2 - Why do/do you think, the dubbers switch the bgm over?

Two quick questions:

1 - Do the dubbers actually have to change the original raw music for any particular reason? The japanese music has always been the best imo, but why the dubbers switch bgm over and ruin it is beyond me.

1) They don't have to do anything. If they want to, they can pay the money to get the music and put it on television. The only reason they would be restricted from playing a certain piece would be because they don't have the rights to it.

2) They switch the BGM because it's cheaper to create your own than buying the rights from a foreign nation like Japan. Sometimes, they think that their music may fit better in a scene or they don't want to include pieces with lyrics. Maybe they don't have the rights to buy that particular piece. They do things for a variety of reasons.

清順(トンボ)
    Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Two quick questions:

Because the dub bgm rocks!!!
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Licensing music is REALLY expensive and is quickly becoming where the real money is being made in the music industry, whereas before 2003 or so, it was touring and merchandise sales.

The guy who did the interview with PokeBeach said that there are special laws protecting Japanese music that may make it harder (ie more expensive) to be licensed elsewhere to protect it from being abused in marketing, like appearing in drug ads or whatever.

Personal theory: The dub by TPCi is operated on a budget and they have a fixed amount they can spend on music. I imagine, when they can, they just license it, but in scenes with more extended musical pieces, I bet it is just cheaper to use an old dub piece or produce a new one.

I have several friends in the music industry, both working the desks and business end AND on the music end. No-name bands often get calls from companies that air commercials, looking for a certain "style" of music to use in commercials. Led Zeppelin is very expensive to license, so instead of using Stairway to Heaven or Whole Lotta' Love, they'll go find any number of no-name heavy metal bands that make decent music, cut them a big check, and then put that in their car commercial or Doritos commercial or whatever.

Any ideas if the missing Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes will air this year?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast