Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Quote Originally Posted by Latiken View Post
    Tears For Fears
    You mean this?
    "Listen, Chimchar, don't worry about Blaze. We don't need Blaze, we won the Tag Battle without it, right? You got lots of strong moves. Look, Chimchar, you gotta believe in yourself, and stay strong for the both of us."

The original dialogue goes roughly like this:
    "Listen, Chimchar, don't worry about Blaze. You didn't use Blaze during the Tag Battle, and we won that, didn't we? You have lots of strong points. Right now, you have to believe in that and believe in yourself. Let's go all out!"

It's slightly different, but the connotations are mostly the same, and you didn't really remember it correctly either - he never says anything about Paul, the point he's making is just that Chimchar is capable of fighting even without Blaze, so it shouldn't let the fact that it can't use it keep it back like that. The episode is oriented around the fact that Chimchar feels weak and worthless because it's unable to use Blaze, and Ash telling it that's not the case, it has lots of other qualities to make up for it. So... there's no plothole or inconsistency in either version.

(unless you're thinking of a different line, I just skimmed)
    Last edited by Dephender; 8th October 2012 at 10:55 PM.

Which episode is this image from?
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...buj0o1_500.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysaen View Post
    I think it's from Ash's battle with Burgh.
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

Quote Originally Posted by Latiken View Post
    Was Ash telling Chimchar "we don't need Blaze to beat Paul" dub only? He ended up relying on it anyway...
    What Ash was talking about wasn't forcing Chimchar to activate blaze, like Paul was always trying to do.

Ash can't stop blaze from happening anyway, so it's saying that "we don't need blaze" is kind of an "eh" kind of statement. Ash was more reliant on the Pokémon's own skill than an ability.

But to your question, I don't know, I don't quite remember the episode where that was mentioned. It was either the episode after Chimchar was caught "Tears for Fears" I think, or the episode Chimchar first used blaze under Ash, Gligar's first official battle was also in that episode.

But I don't know what was said in the original, and I don't have access to the original anyway. But what I can tell, as I already said, was Ash was talking about not forcing Chimchar to activate blaze just to use its full power, Ash wanted to rely on Chimchar's skills sans Blaze, unlike Paul.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

So.. Is season 16 name confirmed? or is rival destinies just going to keep going on past the 8th gym?

Which episode are these image from?
    http://i.imgur.com/kDhI4.gif
    http://i.imgur.com/s3TCo.gif

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysaen View Post

Charmander, the Stray Pokemon.
    It's Pikachu getting trapped by Team Rocket's balloon bazooka.

Can anyone point out in which episodes does Satoshi's Kabigon (Snorlax) fight?

" Pokemon Food Fight " (Orange Islands)
    " Ring Masters " (Johto)
    " Better Eight Then Never " (Johto)
    " Can't Beat the Heat " (Johto)
    " Playing With Fire " (Johto)
    " Wheel of Frontier " (Battle Frontier)
    " Casting a Paul on Barry " (Sinnoh / Montage Fight)

Which episode is this from?
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...4s0to1_400.gif
    (I'm posting a lot of questions, is this allowed?)

The quality animation in that gif and the sleeves suggest it's from the Arceus movie.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    " Pokemon Food Fight " (Orange Islands)
    " Ring Masters " (Johto)
    " Better Eight Then Never " (Johto)
    " Can't Beat the Heat " (Johto)
    " Playing With Fire " (Johto)
    " Wheel of Frontier " (Battle Frontier)
    " Casting a Paul on Barry " (Sinnoh / Montage Fight)
    Thank you! A shame not all of these episodes are available with subs.

Post Has Ash lost any of his battles against Jessie and James?

Did you ever know if Ash Ketchum in the Pokémon anime has lost some of the battles against Jessie, James and Meowth of the Team Rocket?

never, if he ever "loses" by the end of the episode he always manages to get them to blast off in OS-DP and at worst a stalemate in BW.

Not ... necessarily true.

Jessie defeated Pikachu and Bulbasaur in " Princess Versus Princess ".
    James defeated Cyndaquil in " One Trick Phoney ".
    Jessie defeated Pidove in " Enter Iris and Axew ".

Meowth has also beaten several of Ash's Pokemon, usually for comedic effect.

Can anyone help my finding a song which plays in the D&P anime? It plays in both full battles of Satoshi vs Shinji (DP132 and DP187).

In the first match, it plays when Monferno attacks Electabuzz with Mach Punch and in the second, it plays when Drapion jumps using Cross Poison towards Torterra.
    If I am not mistaken, the track is originally from the "Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea" movie.

I really love this song, but I can't find its name :\
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Can anyone help my finding a song which plays in the D&P anime? It plays in both full battles of Satoshi vs Shinji (DP132 and DP187).

In the first match, it plays when Monferno attacks Electabuzz with Mach Punch and in the second, it plays when Drapion jumps using Cross Poison towards Torterra.
    If I am not mistaken, the track is originally from the "Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea" movie.

I really love this song, but I can't find its name :\
    Thanks!
    I'm not sure of the name either. I think it also plays in DP188, when Pikachu uses Quick Attack and Electivire uses Brick Break.

I've also got a question. What's the name of the song that plays in May's Kanto Grand Festival Battle against Drew when her Squirtle uses Ice Beam on Flygon (AG182)? It also plays for the entirety of ASh's Turtwig VS Roark's Cranidos in DP016.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I'm not sure of the name either. I think it also plays in DP188, when Pikachu uses Quick Attack and Electivire uses Brick Break.
    No no, what plays in that scene is the anime remix of DPPt Gym Leader battle theme.

I found the song name, by the way. It is 'As Long As I Can Hold My Breath...'
    So beautiful!

No no, what plays in that scene is the anime remix of DPPt Gym Leader battle theme.

I found the song name, by the way. It is 'As Long As I Can Hold My Breath...'
    So beautiful!
    That song does play for Pikachu VS Electivire, but something different plays when Brick Break & Quick Attack collide.

Wait, are you talking about the Japanese version because I didn't hear the song you posted in either clips for the English Version? I think something different (the song I'm looking for) plays in the English Version of Torterra VS Drapion.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Wait, are you talking about the Japanese version because I didn't hear the song you posted in either clips for the English Version? I think something different (the song I'm looking for) plays in the English Version of Torterra VS Drapion.
    Yes, I have the Japanese episodes here and the aforementioned song is played in both clips . They usually change the musics in the dub (main reason I don't watch it). :/

The song you looking for (the one from AG) plays in Torterra vs Drapion?
    I'll see if I find the dubbed scene in some anime streaming site, maybe I know the name of it.

Yes, I have the Japanese episodes here and the aforementioned song is played in both clips . They usually change the musics in the dub (main reason I don't watch it). :/

The song you looking for (the one from AG) plays in Torterra vs Drapion?
    I'll see if I find the dubbed scene in some anime streaming site, maybe I know the name of it.
    Well, there are 2 I'm looking for. I'm not sure if the one from Torterra VS Drapion plays in AG. I have heard it in DP a lot.

There is one which might have originated from AG that I'm looking for as well. Plays in AG182 when Squirtle uses Ice Beam on Flygon and in DP016 during Turtwig VS Cranidos.

White 2:

is "The Origin Of Mewtwo" (http://www.serebii.net/movies/mewtwo/origin/) Japanese only? I thought the first pokemon movie was "Mewtwo Strikes Back". Have they dubbed it and can I get it somewhere (even if it's just eng subbed)?
    Last edited by wc662; 13th November 2012 at 3:50 AM.

Looking for: Lansat & Staraf Berries
    Have Enigma Berry and every other berry if you're willing to help out?

The Origin of Mewtwo is a short segment that was added to the Japanese "Director's Cut" version of Mewtwo Strikes Back, which also included the CGI edits done for the American release. I'm not sure if all DVD releases of the dubbed movie include it, but at least the later ones do, and it was also included on the dub DVD of Mewtwo Returns.

Default Just a quick question about Ash now-a-days.

So I haven't watched Pokemon since Ash was in Johto. I was just curious, what Pokemon is Ash using in his party now-a-days? (aside from Pikachu, obviously.) Also, dont be afraid to spoil anything for me. I dont plan on catching up on the show, just curious about Ash's team. Thanks ahead of time for answers!

Quote Originally Posted by ImmatureSponge View Post
    So I haven't watched Pokemon since Ash was in Johto. I was just curious, what Pokemon is Ash using in his party now-a-days? (aside from Pikachu, obviously.) Also, dont be afraid to spoil anything for me. I dont plan on catching up on the show, just curious about Ash's team. Thanks ahead of time for answers!
    I'll put the list under the spoilers for the people that don't want to get... well, spoiled.

Spoiler:
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast