Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

This again?

The series was originally intended to run a year and a half, yes, but movie 1 was not intended to be the series finale. It was always meant to be screened the July date it did (which caused complications after the show went on hiatus a while, since as a result the movie tie-in episodes aired long after the movie had been in theaters), roughly 1 year and 2.5 months into the series.

The movie was not rewritten to any particular degree either, since it's an hour-long cartoon, and these take time to produce. You can't just go in an rewrite them halfway into production. It's impossible. And of course, there are no reasons to assume any such rewriting took place aside from "I always heard some stupid rumor state so".

As for that trailer... it's not meant to represent some version of the movie that was thrown away and replaced with the one you got. It's from 1998, meaning it was screened less than 7 months before the movie premiered - as mentioned above, that's wayyy too late to do any extensive rewriting.
    Also, there's no plot to the trailer. It's not something that's meant to be extensively examined and theorized about, it's just some pictures with a song set to it, telling the audience there's a Pokemon movie coming.
    As for the girl... the song used in the trailer is "Pocket ni fantasy", the current ending theme to the TV series at the time it (likely) screened. The trailer itself fits the lyrics, so you might consider it a music video of sorts. The song is sung by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, portraying a kindergarten teacher and a little girl. Kobayashi played Voyager in the fist movie (and also sung its ending theme), making it likely the girl in the trailer is meant to portray Ihata. That's the logical conclusion to make from it, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Also, there's no plot to the trailer. It's not something that's meant to be extensively examined and theorized about, it's just some pictures with a song set to it, telling the audience there's a Pokemon movie coming.
    As for the girl... the song used in the trailer is "Pocket ni fantasy", the current ending theme to the TV series at the time it (likely) screened. The trailer itself fits the lyrics, so you might consider it a music video of sorts. The song is sung by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, portraying a kindergarten teacher and a little girl. Kobayashi played Voyager in the fist movie (and also sung its ending theme), making it likely the girl in the trailer is meant to portray Ihata. That's the logical conclusion to make from it, at least.
    I know not how the minds of the animé creators work, but, from your description.... WHAT does it have ANYTHING to do with Pokémon besides the song? That's like if I made a Sonic the Hedgehog trailer, and all it was was Green Hill Zone with some cellphones and some teenagers.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I know not how the minds of the animé creators work, but, from your description.... WHAT does it have ANYTHING to do with Pokémon besides the song? That's like if I made a Sonic the Hedgehog trailer, and all it was was Green Hill Zone with some cellphones and some teenagers.
    I have no idea what you're even trying to say. Please rephrase that.

Well, I may have misinterpreted your point, but when you were talking about the trailer, you described it in a way that suggested the trailer was saying a Pokémon movie was coming, yet at the same time it (the trailer, not the movie) had little to do with Pokémon.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Well, I may have misinterpreted your point, but when you were talking about the trailer, you described it in a way that suggested the trailer was saying a Pokémon movie was coming, yet at the same time it (the trailer, not the movie) had little to do with Pokémon.
    No, it's Pokemon-related (there are Pokemon characters on-screen all throughout the trailer, the music is a Pokemon song that talks about Pokemon, it ends with an announcement for the movie), the content of the trailer just doesn't have much to do with the movie itself. It features Pikachu, Voyager, someone who appears to be a grown-up Misty, and a little girl who's probably meant to be Juri Ihata playing together, the imagery sort of going along with the lyrics of the song.

The movie was not rewritten to any particular degree either, since it's an hour-long cartoon, and these take time to produce. You can't just go in an rewrite them halfway into production. It's impossible. And of course, there are no reasons to assume any such rewriting took place aside from "I always heard some stupid rumor state so".
    There must have been quite an extensive rewriting to some degree, Pidgeotto was in the trailer and I actually had a UK Movie 1 Card which had Pidgeotto alongside Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Ash, Misty, Brock and Mewtwo, I always wondered why Pidgeotto was in until I saw the trailer. On top of that the whole location from what we see is very different to the one used in the Movie, a lot of things happened which never happened in the Movie.

As for that trailer... it's not meant to represent some version of the movie that was thrown away and replaced with the one you got. It's from 1998, meaning it was screened less than 7 months before the movie premiered - as mentioned above, that's wayyy too late to do any extensive rewriting.
    Fair enough, but how do you explain Misty as an adult?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    There must have been quite an extensive rewriting to some degree, Pidgeotto was in the trailer and I actually had a UK Movie 1 Card which had Pidgeotto alongside Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Ash, Misty, Brock and Mewtwo, I always wondered why Pidgeotto was in until I saw the trailer. On top of that the whole location from what we see is very different to the one used in the Movie, a lot of things happened which never happened in the Movie.
    It's not possible to extensively redo a one-hour long cartoon in just a few months. It just isn't. Not sure which trailer you're referring to, but these early trailers are made while the movie is still in production, so they can't always use material from the movie itself. It's just how these trailers are always done - they're not meant to be representative of the movie as much as just tease it.

And Pidgeotto appears in the short.

Fair enough, but how do you explain Misty as an adult?
    "They felt like it"? Hell, do we even know it is her? This trailer predates the gen 2 Misty design by years.
    Either way, having a 10-year-old Misty in the trailer wouldn't really work with the song. Is that a reasonable explanation?
    Last edited by Dephender; 6th January 2013 at 7:37 PM.

It's not possible to extensively redo a one-hour long cartoon in just a few months. It just isn't.
    Besides this, you're pretty much spot on.

Just leave it as The trailer isn't reflective of the final product, okay?

It's not possible to extensively redo a one-hour long cartoon in just a few months. It just isn't.
    Hmm. Fair enough.

Not sure which trailer you're referring to, but these early trailers are made while the movie is still in production, so they can't always use material from the movie itself. It's just how these trailers are always done - they're not meant to be representative of the movie as much as just tease it.
    The early concept trailer... the one we've been talking about. Hmm, the difference is though is that this trailer had a variety of Movie scenes that have very obviously been changed.

And Pidgeotto appears in the short.
    The trailer definetly showed Pidgeotto in the actual movie not a short, also the card I was talking about is about Movie 1.

"They felt like it"? Hell, do we even know it is her? This trailer predates the gen 2 Misty design by years.
    Either way, having a 10-year-old Misty in the trailer wouldn't really work with the song. Is that a reasonable explanation?
    Hmm it just doesn't add up to me.

Sorry Dephender, it's just this time I find it hard to take in.

The early concept trailer... the one we've been talking about. Hmm, the difference is though is that this trailer had a variety of Movie scenes that have very obviously been changed. The trailer definetly showed Pidgeotto in the actual movie not a short, also the card I was talking about is about Movie 1.
    Ah, sorry, forgot about that scene. But no, all the earliest trailers have such scenes. They're made for the trailer because the movie is still in production, and are some random action scenes that aren't meant to be representative of the movie. You're putting way too much thought into this. Every movie has such non-representative trailers.

Can't comment on the card, never seen it. Might be some random promo shot from the trailer, who knows. It's not like the UK marketing staff would have much knowledge about the movie's content.

Hmm it just doesn't add up to me.

Sorry Dephender, it's just this time I find it hard to take in.
    While "the movie was obviously extensively rewritten in the 4-5 months or less after this trailer had been released and before the movie premiered" makes more sense?
    Come on, this trailer was obviously never intended to have some sort of deep underlying story to it that wasn't made clear from the imagery. It is what it is.

This again?

The series was originally intended to run a year and a half, yes, but movie 1 was not intended to be the series finale. It was always meant to be screened the July date it did (which caused complications after the show went on hiatus a while, since as a result the movie tie-in episodes aired long after the movie had been in theaters), roughly 1 year and 2.5 months into the series.

Sorry if this has been asked many times before. I saw the trailer online recently and wanted more information about it.

So now that Season N is happening, with Neo Team Plasma. Does anyone reckon they'll finally air Team Rocket Versus Team Plasma as a flashback?

Quote Originally Posted by Xirix View Post
    So now that Season N is happening, with Neo Team Plasma. Does anyone reckon they'll finally air Team Rocket Versus Team Plasma as a flashback?
    Its possible. We don't know yet.

Does anyone else think it is possible that Dr.Yung from the Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon Special committed suicide? Because that's what I thought after watching the special. He retreated back into his laboratory that was engulfed in flames saying that he will still work to create mirage Pokémon. Then the police couldn't find him. It seemed like a suicide scene to me. Did anyone else get this from watching the special?

It was implied that was what happened, but given the audience of this show it's unlikely we'll ever know what happened to him for sure.

I have a question:

If the anime was to actually end in the first season, does anyone know if Charizard would have just stayed disobedient? Or does the first season include the Orange Archipelago?

The Hoenn Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I have a question:

If the anime was to actually end in the first season, does anyone know if Charizard would have just stayed disobedient? Or does the first season include the Orange Archipelago?
    The initial plans for the anime was for it to run "a year and a half", which is how long the Kanto arc took. The Orange arc exists because the decision to extend the show indefinitely was made after the Kanto arc as a whole was so far into production it wouldn't be possible to extend it, so they had to come up with some way to stall until the new GS games were ready and they could start an arc adapting those.

It's likely the last episodes of the Kanto arc either hadn't been written yet or weren't so far into production it wouldn't be possible to rewrite them, so the arc would've likely ended differently if it had truly been the one and only arc, and I can't really imagine they wouldn't have made Charizard become obedient before the end of the show.
    It's all speculation, though.

Here's one:

Spoiler:- BW108:

Why does Meowth of the Team Rocket believe that he cannot evolve? Why does he hate Persian?
    Last edited by MiloticTwins; 15th January 2013 at 5:20 AM.

Meowth believes that he used up his ability to learn attacks and evolve by learning to talk and walk. That seems to have been retconned as of Sinnoh.

He hates Persians for a number of reasons, but not as passionately as Tyson's Meowth did. A Persian saved his life, but ultimately got the respect of Meowthzie. Beyond that Giovanni chose his Persian over him.

what's the name of the song that was used when pikachu and electivire iron tail and thunder punch collided in battling a thaw in relation. it sounds like something very urgent.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Would Wallace have been in Advanced Generation? I've heard people say there was concept art but never found proof.

Is Vertress City (where the Unova League is being held) named after some sort of cloud?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Is Vertress City (where the Unova League is being held) named after some sort of cloud?
    From Bulbapedia: From cirrus vertebratus, a cloud that appears like a fish skeleton.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Would Wallace have been in Advanced Generation? I've heard people say there was concept art but never found proof.
    I don't go to the forums then but I think that there0s a scan of Wallace from AG in anime art.

Wallace didn't appear until the Wallace Cup because Ash decided to fight Juan as the 8th Gym Leader where Wallace didn't appear at all.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast