Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 435

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

  1. #176

    Default

    This again?

    The series was originally intended to run a year and a half, yes, but movie 1 was not intended to be the series finale. It was always meant to be screened the July date it did (which caused complications after the show went on hiatus a while, since as a result the movie tie-in episodes aired long after the movie had been in theaters), roughly 1 year and 2.5 months into the series.

    The movie was not rewritten to any particular degree either, since it's an hour-long cartoon, and these take time to produce. You can't just go in an rewrite them halfway into production. It's impossible. And of course, there are no reasons to assume any such rewriting took place aside from "I always heard some stupid rumor state so".

    As for that trailer... it's not meant to represent some version of the movie that was thrown away and replaced with the one you got. It's from 1998, meaning it was screened less than 7 months before the movie premiered - as mentioned above, that's wayyy too late to do any extensive rewriting.
    Also, there's no plot to the trailer. It's not something that's meant to be extensively examined and theorized about, it's just some pictures with a song set to it, telling the audience there's a Pokemon movie coming.
    As for the girl... the song used in the trailer is "Pocket ni fantasy", the current ending theme to the TV series at the time it (likely) screened. The trailer itself fits the lyrics, so you might consider it a music video of sorts. The song is sung by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, portraying a kindergarten teacher and a little girl. Kobayashi played Voyager in the fist movie (and also sung its ending theme), making it likely the girl in the trailer is meant to portray Ihata. That's the logical conclusion to make from it, at least.

  2. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Also, there's no plot to the trailer. It's not something that's meant to be extensively examined and theorized about, it's just some pictures with a song set to it, telling the audience there's a Pokemon movie coming.
    As for the girl... the song used in the trailer is "Pocket ni fantasy", the current ending theme to the TV series at the time it (likely) screened. The trailer itself fits the lyrics, so you might consider it a music video of sorts. The song is sung by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, portraying a kindergarten teacher and a little girl. Kobayashi played Voyager in the fist movie (and also sung its ending theme), making it likely the girl in the trailer is meant to portray Ihata. That's the logical conclusion to make from it, at least.
    I know not how the minds of the animé creators work, but, from your description.... WHAT does it have ANYTHING to do with Pokémon besides the song? That's like if I made a Sonic the Hedgehog trailer, and all it was was Green Hill Zone with some cellphones and some teenagers.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  3. #178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    I know not how the minds of the animé creators work, but, from your description.... WHAT does it have ANYTHING to do with Pokémon besides the song? That's like if I made a Sonic the Hedgehog trailer, and all it was was Green Hill Zone with some cellphones and some teenagers.
    I have no idea what you're even trying to say. Please rephrase that.

  4. #179

    Default

    Well, I may have misinterpreted your point, but when you were talking about the trailer, you described it in a way that suggested the trailer was saying a Pokémon movie was coming, yet at the same time it (the trailer, not the movie) had little to do with Pokémon.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

  5. #180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Well, I may have misinterpreted your point, but when you were talking about the trailer, you described it in a way that suggested the trailer was saying a Pokémon movie was coming, yet at the same time it (the trailer, not the movie) had little to do with Pokémon.
    No, it's Pokemon-related (there are Pokemon characters on-screen all throughout the trailer, the music is a Pokemon song that talks about Pokemon, it ends with an announcement for the movie), the content of the trailer just doesn't have much to do with the movie itself. It features Pikachu, Voyager, someone who appears to be a grown-up Misty, and a little girl who's probably meant to be Juri Ihata playing together, the imagery sort of going along with the lyrics of the song.

  6. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    The movie was not rewritten to any particular degree either, since it's an hour-long cartoon, and these take time to produce. You can't just go in an rewrite them halfway into production. It's impossible. And of course, there are no reasons to assume any such rewriting took place aside from "I always heard some stupid rumor state so".
    There must have been quite an extensive rewriting to some degree, Pidgeotto was in the trailer and I actually had a UK Movie 1 Card which had Pidgeotto alongside Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Ash, Misty, Brock and Mewtwo, I always wondered why Pidgeotto was in until I saw the trailer. On top of that the whole location from what we see is very different to the one used in the Movie, a lot of things happened which never happened in the Movie.

    As for that trailer... it's not meant to represent some version of the movie that was thrown away and replaced with the one you got. It's from 1998, meaning it was screened less than 7 months before the movie premiered - as mentioned above, that's wayyy too late to do any extensive rewriting.
    Also, there's no plot to the trailer. It's not something that's meant to be extensively examined and theorized about, it's just some pictures with a song set to it, telling the audience there's a Pokemon movie coming.
    As for the girl... the song used in the trailer is "Pocket ni fantasy", the current ending theme to the TV series at the time it (likely) screened. The trailer itself fits the lyrics, so you might consider it a music video of sorts. The song is sung by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, portraying a kindergarten teacher and a little girl. Kobayashi played Voyager in the fist movie (and also sung its ending theme), making it likely the girl in the trailer is meant to portray Ihata. That's the logical conclusion to make from it, at least.
    Fair enough, but how do you explain Misty as an adult?

  7. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    There must have been quite an extensive rewriting to some degree, Pidgeotto was in the trailer and I actually had a UK Movie 1 Card which had Pidgeotto alongside Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Ash, Misty, Brock and Mewtwo, I always wondered why Pidgeotto was in until I saw the trailer. On top of that the whole location from what we see is very different to the one used in the Movie, a lot of things happened which never happened in the Movie.
    It's not possible to extensively redo a one-hour long cartoon in just a few months. It just isn't. Not sure which trailer you're referring to, but these early trailers are made while the movie is still in production, so they can't always use material from the movie itself. It's just how these trailers are always done - they're not meant to be representative of the movie as much as just tease it.

    And Pidgeotto appears in the short.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Fair enough, but how do you explain Misty as an adult?
    "They felt like it"? Hell, do we even know it is her? This trailer predates the gen 2 Misty design by years.
    Either way, having a 10-year-old Misty in the trailer wouldn't really work with the song. Is that a reasonable explanation?
    Last edited by Dephender; 6th January 2013 at 7:37 PM.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    It's not possible to extensively redo a one-hour long cartoon in just a few months. It just isn't.
    Besides this, you're pretty much spot on.

    Just leave it as The trailer isn't reflective of the final product, okay?

  9. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It's not possible to extensively redo a one-hour long cartoon in just a few months. It just isn't.
    Hmm. Fair enough.

    Not sure which trailer you're referring to, but these early trailers are made while the movie is still in production, so they can't always use material from the movie itself. It's just how these trailers are always done - they're not meant to be representative of the movie as much as just tease it.
    The early concept trailer... the one we've been talking about. Hmm, the difference is though is that this trailer had a variety of Movie scenes that have very obviously been changed.

    And Pidgeotto appears in the short.
    The trailer definetly showed Pidgeotto in the actual movie not a short, also the card I was talking about is about Movie 1.

    "They felt like it"? Hell, do we even know it is her? This trailer predates the gen 2 Misty design by years.
    Either way, having a 10-year-old Misty in the trailer wouldn't really work with the song. Is that a reasonable explanation?
    Hmm it just doesn't add up to me.

    Sorry Dephender, it's just this time I find it hard to take in.

  10. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    The early concept trailer... the one we've been talking about. Hmm, the difference is though is that this trailer had a variety of Movie scenes that have very obviously been changed. The trailer definetly showed Pidgeotto in the actual movie not a short, also the card I was talking about is about Movie 1.
    Ah, sorry, forgot about that scene. But no, all the earliest trailers have such scenes. They're made for the trailer because the movie is still in production, and are some random action scenes that aren't meant to be representative of the movie. You're putting way too much thought into this. Every movie has such non-representative trailers.

    Can't comment on the card, never seen it. Might be some random promo shot from the trailer, who knows. It's not like the UK marketing staff would have much knowledge about the movie's content.


    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Hmm it just doesn't add up to me.

    Sorry Dephender, it's just this time I find it hard to take in.
    While "the movie was obviously extensively rewritten in the 4-5 months or less after this trailer had been released and before the movie premiered" makes more sense?
    Come on, this trailer was obviously never intended to have some sort of deep underlying story to it that wasn't made clear from the imagery. It is what it is.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    This again?

    The series was originally intended to run a year and a half, yes, but movie 1 was not intended to be the series finale. It was always meant to be screened the July date it did (which caused complications after the show went on hiatus a while, since as a result the movie tie-in episodes aired long after the movie had been in theaters), roughly 1 year and 2.5 months into the series.

    The movie was not rewritten to any particular degree either, since it's an hour-long cartoon, and these take time to produce. You can't just go in an rewrite them halfway into production. It's impossible. And of course, there are no reasons to assume any such rewriting took place aside from "I always heard some stupid rumor state so".

    As for that trailer... it's not meant to represent some version of the movie that was thrown away and replaced with the one you got. It's from 1998, meaning it was screened less than 7 months before the movie premiered - as mentioned above, that's wayyy too late to do any extensive rewriting.
    Also, there's no plot to the trailer. It's not something that's meant to be extensively examined and theorized about, it's just some pictures with a song set to it, telling the audience there's a Pokemon movie coming.
    As for the girl... the song used in the trailer is "Pocket ni fantasy", the current ending theme to the TV series at the time it (likely) screened. The trailer itself fits the lyrics, so you might consider it a music video of sorts. The song is sung by Sachiko Kobayashi and Juri Ihata, portraying a kindergarten teacher and a little girl. Kobayashi played Voyager in the fist movie (and also sung its ending theme), making it likely the girl in the trailer is meant to portray Ihata. That's the logical conclusion to make from it, at least.
    Sorry if this has been asked many times before. I saw the trailer online recently and wanted more information about it.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16

    Default

    So now that Season N is happening, with Neo Team Plasma. Does anyone reckon they'll finally air Team Rocket Versus Team Plasma as a flashback?

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xirix View Post
    So now that Season N is happening, with Neo Team Plasma. Does anyone reckon they'll finally air Team Rocket Versus Team Plasma as a flashback?
    Its possible. We don't know yet.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,034

    Default

    Does anyone else think it is possible that Dr.Yung from the Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon Special committed suicide? Because that's what I thought after watching the special. He retreated back into his laboratory that was engulfed in flames saying that he will still work to create mirage Pokémon. Then the police couldn't find him. It seemed like a suicide scene to me. Did anyone else get this from watching the special?

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    It was implied that was what happened, but given the audience of this show it's unlikely we'll ever know what happened to him for sure.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,219

    Default

    I have a question:

    If the anime was to actually end in the first season, does anyone know if Charizard would have just stayed disobedient? Or does the first season include the Orange Archipelago?

    The Hoenn Brothers

  17. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    I have a question:

    If the anime was to actually end in the first season, does anyone know if Charizard would have just stayed disobedient? Or does the first season include the Orange Archipelago?
    The initial plans for the anime was for it to run "a year and a half", which is how long the Kanto arc took. The Orange arc exists because the decision to extend the show indefinitely was made after the Kanto arc as a whole was so far into production it wouldn't be possible to extend it, so they had to come up with some way to stall until the new GS games were ready and they could start an arc adapting those.

    It's likely the last episodes of the Kanto arc either hadn't been written yet or weren't so far into production it wouldn't be possible to rewrite them, so the arc would've likely ended differently if it had truly been the one and only arc, and I can't really imagine they wouldn't have made Charizard become obedient before the end of the show.
    It's all speculation, though.

  18. #193

    Default

    Here's one:

        Spoiler:- BW108:

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Santa Ana, California, USA
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Why does Meowth of the Team Rocket believe that he cannot evolve? Why does he hate Persian?
    Last edited by MiloticTwins; 15th January 2013 at 5:20 AM.

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    Meowth believes that he used up his ability to learn attacks and evolve by learning to talk and walk. That seems to have been retconned as of Sinnoh.

    He hates Persians for a number of reasons, but not as passionately as Tyson's Meowth did. A Persian saved his life, but ultimately got the respect of Meowthzie. Beyond that Giovanni chose his Persian over him.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    98

    Default

    what's the name of the song that was used when pikachu and electivire iron tail and thunder punch collided in battling a thaw in relation. it sounds like something very urgent.
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

    credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

    Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Would Wallace have been in Advanced Generation? I've heard people say there was concept art but never found proof.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Is Vertress City (where the Unova League is being held) named after some sort of cloud?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Is Vertress City (where the Unova League is being held) named after some sort of cloud?
    From Bulbapedia: From cirrus vertebratus, a cloud that appears like a fish skeleton.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Would Wallace have been in Advanced Generation? I've heard people say there was concept art but never found proof.
    I don't go to the forums then but I think that there0s a scan of Wallace from AG in anime art.

    Wallace didn't appear until the Wallace Cup because Ash decided to fight Juan as the 8th Gym Leader where Wallace didn't appear at all.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm


    Serebii, Bulbagarden

    Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

    I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.


Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •