Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Didn't know what to label this thread but i was talking about those poster-like pictures that come on the very end of some episodes of Pokemon. Normally the 2-part episodes and the League. For example, the past few weeks during the league, when the ending comes there's this art-like image of Ash and the characters.

I'm wondering if anyone has a collection of these images or know where i can find them? Don't seem to find any of them in the avatar section of the forums or around the net.
    The Main Site has pictures of most of the episodes.

There's also Filb.de which has larger, better quality, images. It's not English, though.

I linked to that particular episode for a reason. That's my earliest recollection of that style being used.

And in general, in the case of specials, what time has to pass a episode without a US airing to consider it a unaired episode and not a "spoiler" (supposed to air) episode?
    You'd be better off PMing a mod to make absolutely sure.

The general rule seems to be that everything that hasn't aired in the US outside of " general knowledge " content belongs in Spoilers. Discussing ancient banned episodes that will probably never air in the US (Dratini and Porygon) is fine because just about everyone knows about those episodes. The more recent skipped/banned content seems to be more restrictive. The thing is that even though a few years have passed there's always a possibility those episodes will be dubbed and aired. Some episodes were dubbed/released nearly a decade after their Japanese debut when they packaged Chronicles.

I just saw the American dub of "New Places....Familiar Faces!" Can anyone tell me (in a spoiler tag) if Team Rocket is going to be back in every bloody episode? I can handle stupid Team Rocket every once in a while, but every episode? No. I loved the new Team Rocket. I just hope the creators didn't just ruin all their progress they made in the BW series.
    Check out my Pokemon blog: Shiny Hunter

FC White: 1249 7626 0794, Sorcha
    FC Black 2:

Spoiler:

What is Ash's final team in Unova?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    I'll try
        Spoiler:- Teams:

If you don't want spoilers:
    Ash: Pikachu, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Unfezant, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krookodile. (Ash picks 6 of them and the rest are with Juniper, one is Pikachu; note that some pokemon are uin the team more often than not (Oshawott and Palpitoad to compare).

Iris: Axew, Excadrill,Emolga, Dragonite.

Cilan: Pansage, Crustle,Stunfisk.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    It depends if you're talking about the Unova Saga as a whole, or by the time Ash leaves Unova.

If you're talking about the saga as a whole, it hasn't finished yet so there is no liable answer.

By the time Ash leaves Unova though however, his team goes as followed:

Spoiler:- BW Team:

I've been hearing rumors (or facts) about a new season.
    I have a couple of questions.
    What is its english title?
    When does it start in the U.S?
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

A series based on the X/Y games has been announced for Japan in October, that's all we know. No name has been announced yet.
    Logically one would assume it'll start in the US in January, the English dub being roughly 3 months behind Japan at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    A series based on the X/Y games has been announced for Japan in October, that's all we know. No name has been announced yet.
    Logically one would assume it'll start in the US in January, the English dub being roughly 3 months behind Japan at this point.
    Ahh, okay!
    I was thinking it was something closer, perhaps during the BW era.
    But I was wrong.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

1.) Shouldn't the mareep family line be able to have volt asorb as an ability as in the anime episode where mareep first appear, you see that electricity doesn't affect them but instead makes their wool grow bigger?

2.) Why is the anime logic soooo bad? Especially whenever ash fights team rocket.

3.) In the anime, I swear that EVERY SINGLE POKEMON KNOWS TACKLE ATTACK. And whenever a pokemon uses the attack it's always made out to have done LOADS of damage and been really effective even when battling steel types. Why is this?

4.) Why do anime pokemon never seem to know any good moves either? It's always the basic crappy moves like: tackle, leer, growl, thunderSHOCK, poison sting...
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    1.) Shouldn't the mareep family line be able to have volt asorb as an ability as in the anime episode where mareep first appear, you see that electricity doesn't affect them but instead makes their wool grow bigger?
    Nah. That wass before abilities were introduced in the games and the anime follows the games (to a degree). They're usually spot-on with who has what ability though.

2.) Why is the anime logic soooo bad? Especially whenever ash fights team rocket.
    Gotta give specifics but it could be due to lolanime.

3.) In the anime, I swear that EVERY SINGLE POKEMON KNOWS TACKLE ATTACK. And whenever a pokemon uses the attack it's always made out to have done LOADS of damage and been really effective even when battling steel types. Why is this?
    Unlike in the games, Tackle is usually dependent on the size pf the Pokemon using it (kind of like in real life). Again, bring in examples of the loads of damage bit. Meaning more than a couple that have the opposing Pokemon taking a lot of damage after one Tackle attack.

4.) Why do anime pokemon never seem to know any good moves either? It's always the basic crappy moves like: tackle, leer, growl, thunderSHOCK, poison sting...
    What are good moves? **** like Earthquake aren't going to be used ever again it seems but they still have attacks like Flamethrower, Thunder Bolt, Ice Beam, and Psychic. Every wild Pokemon apparently knows Hyper Beam though that probably isn't such a good move anymore. Plus, attacks in the anime are presented differently than from the games at times (ex: Tackle). Some stuff that may be bad in the games may actually do some damage in the anime due to how it's shown. See: Whirlpool, BubbleBeam (explodingbubblelol), and Flame Wheel.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Nah. That wass before abilities were introduced in the games and the anime follows the games (to a degree). They're usually spot-on with who has what ability though.

Gotta give specifics but it could be due to lolanime.

Unlike in the games, Tackle is usually dependent on the size pf the Pokemon using it (kind of like in real life). Again, bring in examples of the loads of damage bit. Meaning more than a couple that have the opposing Pokemon taking a lot of damage after one Tackle attack.

What are good moves? **** like Earthquake aren't going to be used ever again it seems but they still have attacks like Flamethrower, Thunder Bolt, Ice Beam, and Psychic. Every wild Pokemon apparently knows Hyper Beam though that probably isn't such a good move anymore. Plus, attacks in the anime are presented differently than from the games at times (ex: Tackle). Some stuff that may be bad in the games may actually do some damage in the anime due to how it's shown. See: Whirlpool, BubbleBeam (explodingbubblelol), and Flame Wheel.
    2.) I'm mainly talking about whenever TR take pikachu. They use a hot air balloon every time yet he cant just get one of his pokemon out to pop the balloon. He usually gets assistance from someone or another pokemon. He just thinks: Oh pikachu's trapped in a shock prrof cage so therefore I'm just going to stand there and shout instead of using Heracross for example to pop the balloon. (I'm referring to the Johto series with these questions)

3.) One example was in stantlers debut episode. At one point TR bring in a giant STEEL mechanical Stantler and Brock makes his Onix use tackle attack on it and it someone makes it blow up and I just think to myself: Hmmmmmmmm.... Normal type move with 35 base power against a steel type with high defense. Not seeing the logic here as to how effective it was.

4.) I'm talking Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch, Hydro pump, mega drain, leaf blade, sludge bomb etc... not shitty poison sting, razor leaf, tackle, water gun, leer, scary face, smog. See where I'm coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    2.) I'm mainly talking about whenever TR take pikachu. They use a hot air balloon every time yet he cant just get one of his pokemon out to pop the balloon. He usually gets assistance from someone or another pokemon. He just thinks: Oh pikachu's trapped in a shock prrof cage so therefore I'm just going to stand there and shout instead of using Heracross for example to pop the balloon. (I'm referring to the Johto series with these questions)
    That's just the character being an idiot and the writers trying not to be as stale as they already are (were). You can make the assumption that he simply did not want to have the balloon fly away with Pikachu in it since that's happened before though.Other than that though . . . .

Oh, Johto. That was a long time ago.

3.) One example was in stantlers debut episode. At one point TR bring in a giant STEEL mechanical Stantler and Brock makes his Onix use tackle attack on it and it someone makes it blow up and I just think to myself: Hmmmmmmmm.... Normal type move with 35 base power against a steel type with high defense. Not seeing the logic here as to how effective it was.
    Well, you're trying to apply game mechanics into the anime in that situation which doesn't work that way. In this case, Tackle isn't a Normal-type move with 35 base power against a Steel-type with high defense. It's actually a big snake **** made of rocks charging as fast as it can into a robot Stantler made by the Team Rocket who don't have the best track record of building durable machines.

4.) I'm talking Earthquake, Stone Edge, Crunch, Hydro pump, mega drain, leaf blade, sludge bomb etc... not shitty poison sting, razor leaf, tackle, water gun, leer, scary face, smog. See where I'm coming from?
    Those moves still come up but those usually come up later in a series though and are usually performed by stronger Pokemon. Leaf Blade and Stone Edge wasn't around back then though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

1. The people who write the anime don't make decisions for the games.

2. Because young children (the target audience) don't really care if a solution makes sense.

3. Tackle seems to be the default neutral attack that we see in the Mystery Dungeon series and elsewhere. In later days/more recent seasons they've stopped using Tackle as a go-to neutral attack and started using basic attacks that were actually in the Pokemon's move-set. Incidentally, most Pokemon learn a basic attack anyway.

4. The majority of the moves in a Pokemon's move-set are taken from their Level-up moves. TM and Egg Moves are only taken on special occasion and usually noted as being a rare occurrence when they're learned and used like Buneary's Ice Beam, Buizel's Water Pulse, and Pikachu's Volt Tackle.

What is this exactly?

アニメ声優業

カスミ 2013年の仕事 ポケモンのカスミの回想1話のみ

ハルカ 2013年の仕事 2009年からまったく以降すべての仕事なし

ヒカリ 2013年の仕事 

閃乱カグラ(春花[28])
    ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生 THE ANIMATION(江ノ島盾子[29][30])
    の脇役2本

サトシ 2013年の仕事 サトシのみ

タケシ 2013年の仕事 

ちはやふる2(的場先生、村尾慎一)
    デュエル・マスターズ ビクトリーV(オンセン)
    八犬伝―東方八犬異聞―(神父)
    ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2 エピソードN(タケシ)
    ROBOTICS;NOTES(マグヤン)

タケシ頼みの糞アニメだったなw

I want to know because it can be something for future spoilers.

Note: this appeared today in 2ch in the Best Wishes thread and is causing a lot of posts there.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 27th June 2013 at 7:04 AM.

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    What is this exactly?

アニメ声優業

カスミ 2013年の仕事 ポケモンのカスミの回想1話のみ

ハルカ 2013年の仕事 2009年からまったく以降すべての仕事なし

ヒカリ 2013年の仕事 

閃乱カグラ(春花[28])
    ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生 THE ANIMATION(江ノ島盾子[29][30])
    の脇役2本

サトシ 2013年の仕事 サトシのみ

タケシ 2013年の仕事 

ちはやふる2(的場先生、村尾慎一)
    デュエル・マスターズ ビクトリーV(オンセン)
    八犬伝―東方八犬異聞―(神父)
    ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2 エピソードN(タケシ)
    ROBOTICS;NOTES(マグヤン)

タケシ頼みの糞アニメだったなw

I want to know because it can be something for future spoilers.

Note: this appeared today in 2ch in the Best Wishes thread and is causing a lot of posts there.
    That's just someone with a self-compiled list of what the main characters' seiyuu have been up to this year / whether they've done work for Pokémon and other shows or not.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    That's just someone with a self-compiled list of what the main characters' seiyuu have been up to this year / whether they've done work for Pokémon and other shows or not.
    Thanks. That doesn't mean anything about future appearances (in particular, Pokemon Fan speculation) unless the seiyuu hasn't done vopice for a long time.

Serebii, Bulbagarden

So everyone here seems to agree that anime episodes go into production about six months before they're meant to air. What does this entail, exactly? Does this six months include scriptwriting and storyboarding as well as things like designing and finding VAs for CotDs, or does it refer strictly to animation?

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

More to animation. They begin brainstorming the writing aspect of things (who travels with Ash and what Pokemon they catch) much sooner than that.

Ah, thank you.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

How come Keckleon made it's anime debut during the Johto series despite being a Hoenn pokemon?

They usually show a Next Generation Pokemon in the current anime to build hype about the Next Generation.

Togepi, Blaziken, Munchlax (which was even caught), Mime Jr. (same), Bonsly (yep), Weavile, and Marill (already owned by Tracey) were all Pokemon that appeared earlier than the Generation they belonged to. Kelceon's just another one in that group.

Spoiler:

Before Jessie released it in [I]A Poached Ego![I], how tall was her Arbok and its evolved form, the Ekans, the one that she used to own?

Just like Seviper Arbok and Ekans' size varied depending on the situation.

Arbok is usually a few inches taller than Jessie. Ekans " standing " usually comes up a few inches past her waist.

I've been wondering something about "Summerly Slope" the current DA! Opening in Japan that's sung by Daisuke. That's an insert song, right? It hasn't be done exclusively to Pokemon anime like the others. And is it the first Insert Song Pokemon had in Japan?

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast