Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Just a guess question. But how big do you think regions are?

Outside of flying a plane, or riding in a car, Ash and his friends usually travel on foot.

But it would take me a day to travel on foot about 30 miles (assuming I didn't die trying in the process).

Now I realize it can't be as small as in the games (technical limits), but is traveling on foot through a region faster than traveling through a state or country on foot?

Or is it possible there are other modes of transportation that are being used (off-screen), to explain a lot of what we see in the anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    I've been wondering something about "Summerly Slope" the current DA! Opening in Japan that's sung by Daisuke. That's an insert song, right? It hasn't be done exclusively to Pokemon anime like the others. And is it the first Insert Song Pokemon had in Japan?
    I don't know, going by your definition of "insert song" the only "insert songs" I am aware of I think are mostly coming from the movies.

So I'm not sure.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Does anybody know the episode that the Ash Ketchum "critical hit" meme is from? In the meme Ash has red eyes with smoke around him and the text says "critical hit". I can't post a link because i'm new here. But if you google "ash ketchum critical hit meme" it is the first result. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I don't know, going by your definition of "insert song" the only "insert songs" I am aware of I think are mostly coming from the movies.
    Well I mean that the song would still exist without the connection to Pokemon.

Most of the previous Pokemon songs if not all had Pokemon references in the lyrics and the word "Pokemon" appeared by itself, Summerly Slope has nothing.

I'm just wondering, because even the opening is awesome, it's strange they would finally decide to use an insert song.

An "insert song" is a song that plays in the middle of an episode, rather than as an opening or ending theme, Nightstar1994.

Just a guess question. But how big do you think regions are?
    I'd say that most Pokemon Trainers travel on foot for a number of reasons. The most important being that all of those cars or motor vehicles roaming around could disrupt the environment and scare away the Pokemon. Bikes are okay because they don't make a lot of noise, produce no waste, and are simple enough for a child to use.

The group makes a lot of stop during their days so they probably don't walk even that far. Stopping for three meals, random shenanigans, rain, and the occasional Pokemon Battle would slow them down. We don't see every time that they stop to rest because nothing out of the ordinary happens during that time. The anime doesn't chronicle every day of the journey. Just the days where something interesting happens.

So they travel " quickly " from place to place because the anime is skipping a lot of their typical walking days. Is it possible that a grateful trainer would give them a ride somewhere after Ash helps them out? Totally, but that isn't something that happens often since most of the Trainers that Ash meets either are also walking on foot or are stationary.

Every region so far is actually based on a region in the real world so that should give you an idea of what we're dealing with size-wize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    An "insert song" is a song that plays in the middle of an episode, rather than as an opening or ending theme, Nightstar1994.
    Eh, it's hard to name it for me. For example, Naruto openings aren't sung specifically for Naruto. They're just new songs that were inserted to promote the artists new album.
    The question is, was Summerly Slope the first opening like that in the whole Pokemon francishe? I don't recall Daisuke ever stating it was Pokemon Best Wishes opening anywhere. He just promotes it like it was a stand-alone song.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Eh, it's hard to name it for me. For example, Naruto openings aren't sung specifically for Naruto. They're just new songs that were inserted to promote the artists new album.
    The question is, was Summerly Slope the first opening like that in the whole Pokemon francishe? I don't recall Daisuke ever stating it was Pokemon Best Wishes opening anywhere. He just promotes it like it was a stand-alone song.
    On the cover of the CD, Daisuke is seen running on the street with Pikachu (or well, that's how it's supposed to look). There's no alternate, non-Pokémon CD cover as far as I know, and I haven't heard of the song being used in any other show. It's also not the first OP to contain nothing directly related to Pokémon in the lyrics. IIRC "Ready Go!" has no references either, but nobody would ever get the idea to call it any less of a Pokémon song because of that.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    On the cover of the CD, Daisuke is seen running on the street with Pikachu (or well, that's how it's supposed to look). There's no alternate, non-Pokémon CD cover as far as I know, and I haven't heard of the song being used in any other show. It's also not the first OP to contain nothing directly related to Pokémon in the lyrics. IIRC "Ready Go!" has no references either, but nobody would ever get the idea to call it any less of a Pokémon song because of that.
    Oh yeah, I completely forgot about "Ready Go!". That explains my question a bit more, thanks.

Does anyone know if Team Rocket TRio holds the records for most episode appearances for a villain or group of villains in any TV show?

If you truly mean any TV Show ... then no.

In terms of episode count most anime can't even come close to live action productions, particularly Soap Operas. Those run into the thousands of episodes and air daily. There are many who are particularly long runners, too. And by long runners I mean " decades ". Where Pokemon is about to push two decades some soaps have been on for 30+ years. The longest soap ever predated television by 15 years. Even by episode count ... a 30 minute soap running daily will surpass Pokemon by episode count in 3 years. Have Soap villains been around that long? Yep. Soaps don't often go through soft reboots or whatever shenanigans equate to it being a new series. They run the same stories with the same characters for years and even follow generations of families.

Does anyone know which episode is this gif from? http://31.media.tumblr.com/eff2e46f6...h198o1_400.gif

Thank you!!!

That's from Advanced Generation episode 11, "A Bite to Remember".

(I specifically remember because it's such a hilarious scene)

Much earlier today, about 10 hours ago, while browsing the web I came across this picture on /vp/. The anons there discussed it for a while, however, I had to leave for work before the discussion could be finished. By the time I went back onto /vp/, all discussion of the image was completely gone and everyone seemed to have moved on to different topics.

Is this confirmed fake or something? Any sources from where it came from, or what it is?
    http://imgur.com/OEwygn1

It's fake.

We don't have any titles for the X/Y anime yet, and the art style doesn't fit the style for the anime.

well, is this one fake? http://joultonofblood.tumblr.com/pos...-cute-children It seems to be from Pokémon Origins but I dunno, it seems a bit disturbing to be true. If it is real I hope the english dub will be just as intense!

nevermind, i think its fake, it sounds like Naruto
    Last edited by princerabbit; 4th October 2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: fake

It's real, and it "sounds like Naruto" because Red is voiced by Junko Takeuchi, who's also the voice of Naruto.

Anybody have any news on the second Rival Destinies box set? Haven't seen anything about it anywhere. If the pattern holds true it would be released in either November or December but so far nothing when the first set was announced 3-4 months beforehand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    I think Ash won't go to Kalos right away and there'll be a time skip, thus his grown hair and all. Alexa would leave alone and meet Ash again when he arrives to Kalos.

Post Ash's Charizard and Heracross to Mega evolve?

Will Ash's Charizard and Heracross at Professor Oak's Laboratory Mega evolve into his Mega Charizard X or Y and Mega Heracross respectively? If so, how? Or if not, why not?

That's not the type of question to ask here. This is more for facts and things that actually happened.

Try the Next Pokemon Thread

Does anyone know the name of the music track that played during Enter the Dragonite when Dragonite escaped TR's net and what CD said track is found on? Thanks in advance.

Would anybody happen to know when the Pokemon X/Y Anime will start airing in the US?
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Question how reliable is this: http://professorbel.tumblr.com/post/...ts-spring-2014

Mentions a Pokemon Special anime coming in June this 2014

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Question how reliable is this: http://professorbel.tumblr.com/post/...ts-spring-2014

Mentions a Pokemon Special anime coming in June this 2014
    That chart is the latest iteration of a long-running joke. Everything listed there is either continuations of finished, popular series that have more material to adapt, adaptations of popular material that has never received an anime adaptation, readaptations of things that never got a GOOD adaptation, and other similar things people would love to see or that would otherwise catch their attention. Pokemon Special frequently features on these things.

I haven't watch the anime that much. I have a question, I heard some bad stuff about the Anime's Unova season so... is the XY season good?

One Author, One Creator and Two boys. Set in Johto. Where everything is not what it seems. For they must flee from the group called the Grammar Police. And saved the World from an unknown threat.

Credits to ~BrightStarVictory~ of Subspace Generate Graphics!

So Bad It's Good and, So Bad It's Good 2: War of the Turkey

Oneshot(s)! It's-IT'S. It's.....Something. Caution: May shatter your sanity. Read, if you dare.....

My Author's Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dormant View Post
    I haven't watch the anime that much. I have a question, I heard some bad stuff about the Anime's Unova season so... is the XY season good?
    well to me its not that bad i'm kind of enjoying it, why dont you try to watch it if you have time?

i also got a question can somebody tell me the song that haruka/may was humming
    in jirachi wish maker, i can't seem to remember the title.
    Last edited by SerenaForTheWin; 18th December 2013 at 7:57 AM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast