Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Anime Questions V2 *READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS*

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Have any XY/XYZ episodes kept 50% or more of the original music?
    Nope, the highest was 20% in two episodes. The lowest was 3% (just the title card theme) in 3 episodes, IIRC (one of which was the finale of Serena's showcase).

Having said that, XY/XYZ is probably the worst the Pokemon English dub has ever been in general (IMO).

Hope I will get an answer here.

I'm looking for soundtracks. One of them is from the OS. It can be heard in some battles and it kinda sounds like the battle theme from XD/Colosseum. In episode 177, the kid with the Yanma; he attacked Arbok and that music started. Couldn't find it, even on OST Playlists on youtube.

XY Episode 2, while Ash is climbing the tower, Citro also starts charging at the entrance. You can hear the theme for a pretty long time.
    XYZ Episode 43: When Pikachu, M-Charizard and Greninja attack the 'heart' of the stone Zygarde. The theme plays while they rescue Harimaron.

I also wanted to know if the first seasons had more of the original soundtrack in the dub than later seasons? Because Pokémon was new and hyped. Maybe they cared more.
    "So did you throw away your pride as well, and became a god?"

"That's how it is."

Hey, guys. The Pokémon episodes were originally TV-Y, and then they have later been rated TV-Y7-FV. So, did you know the reason nose of these Pokémon episodes have ever been rated TV-PG-V, just like that any Cartoon Network TV programs have been?

Quote Originally Posted by TheParentLeavanny View Post
    Hey, guys. The Pokémon episodes were originally TV-Y, and then they have later been rated TV-Y7-FV. So, did you know the reason nose of these Pokémon episodes have ever been rated TV-PG-V, just like that any Cartoon Network TV programs have been?
    Ratings are based on what the network wants to give them (for the most part). Many shows given certain ratings will be based on how the network wants the show to be perceived (giving a show a PG rating when it doesn't differ much from a Y7-FV show just so it can appeal to more kids).

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dragon View Post
    Hope I will get an answer here.

I'm looking for soundtracks. One of them is from the OS. It can be heard in some battles and it kinda sounds like the battle theme from XD/Colosseum. In episode 177, the kid with the Yanma; he attacked Arbok and that music started. Couldn't find it, even on OST Playlists on youtube.

XY Episode 2, while Ash is climbing the tower, Citro also starts charging at the entrance. You can hear the theme for a pretty long time.
    XYZ Episode 43: When Pikachu, M-Charizard and Greninja attack the 'heart' of the stone Zygarde. The theme plays while they rescue Harimaron.

I also wanted to know if the first seasons had more of the original soundtrack in the dub than later seasons? Because Pokémon was new and hyped. Maybe they cared more.
    Still hoping for an answer
    + in the japanese intro 5 Ash is crying, it's raining and Misty and Brock also look sad. Why? Is this a reference for the parting of the group?
    In opening 6 Ash is sad while sitting on a playground when Pikachu jumps in his arm, May wipes away a tear. Why is he sad there?

I haven't watched the seasons in a long time, so I don't know the references

"That's how it is."

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dragon View Post
    + in the japanese intro 5 Ash is crying, it's raining and Misty and Brock also look sad. Why? Is this a reference for the parting of the group?
    In opening 6 Ash is sad while sitting on a playground when Pikachu jumps in his arm, May wipes away a tear. Why is he sad there?

I haven't watched the seasons in a long time, so I don't know the references
    Both scenes just match the song at the particular point they're used.

Does the soundtrack a meeting and parting play more in the japanese version than in the dub? I heard it only a few times in the Johto saga and in season 6, but I'm curious if this soundtrack was changed sometimes instead of keeping it every time it really played.
    I also heard it in season 9 once.

Same with tears after the cloudy weather. It played once in Johto and it also plays at the end of Sinnoh, but was it really only used twice after Kanto in the original or was it just changed?
    Last edited by Stone Dragon; 29th October 2016 at 12:15 AM.

"That's how it is."

First time poster...Just wondering if there's a be all, end all thread on the DVD releases for the show and the best ones to purchase to have the most complete collection. I understand some episodes were banned or didn't air, but I just wanted to see if some of them made their way to DVD releases possibly outside the US, maybe R2 or R4? Thanks for any help!

Just wondering, when is the main site going to update Ash's bio to add a picture of his new look?

Quote Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
    Just wondering, when is the main site going to update Ash's bio to add a picture of his new look?
    Serebii is extremely busy right now with the release of Sun and Moon (the games that is) and has to prioritize. I'm sure it will be updated soon, but right now all of Serebii's focus is on the games.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Anyone know if the song Volt is on the (Japanese) iTunes Store? Or at the least tell me who sings it?

Quote Originally Posted by JCW18 View Post
    Anyone know if the song Volt is on the (Japanese) iTunes Store? Or at the least tell me who sings it?
    It's here

Note that "Volt" is just the pronunciation, the actual title as written is just a single letter V.

Hey, do you know how do you think strong are the Team Rocket trio if they're Pokémon Trainers?

Does anyone know whether we ever got the Japanese Voice Cast list for Team Plasma episodes? It just struck me that I think it should have been put on the Japanese TVTokyo site before the shenanigans happened. It'd be interesting to know whether N or Ghetsis were listed on there.

Hey, do you know how do you think strong are the Team Rocket trio if they're Pokémon Trainers?
    They're decently strong if they're written competently. The problem is, as you can already tell, that they're written to whatever level the writers need them to be for that episode. If we were to be objective, through DP, they're about average trainers with high-end moments of being above-average. They were rarely portrayed to be crap unless they were jobbing to a new evolution or the cotd learning their lesson at the end.

Hello, does anyone know who sings "Pikachu's Coming" from the short Pikachu's Pikaboo?

Thanks in advance. :-) By the way, this is my first post on this forum in over three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Mew View Post
    Hello, does anyone know who sings "Pikachu's Coming" from the short Pikachu's Pikaboo?

Thanks in advance. :-) By the way, this is my first post on this forum in over three years.
    J. P. Hartmann

Seems like a trivial thing, but how do Pokemon hear the commands of their trainers? Is it just really loud shouting?

I can sort of understand grounded battles but in aerial battles surely it would be hard to nigh impossible for Pokemon to hear commands.
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Seems like a trivial thing, but how do Pokemon hear the commands of their trainers? Is it just really loud shouting?

I can sort of understand grounded battles but in aerial battles surely it would be hard to nigh impossible for Pokemon to hear commands.
    It's just fiction. The same place where Ash picks up trees and jumps dozens of feet into the air. Where bubbles explode and people get attacked by Pokemon and don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post

It's like how in movies some dude orders a battle command and apparently every soldier, even those in the very back, somehow hear him.

But at least in Pokémon, the 'will' of the trainer sometimes mentally transmits. I assume that has a longer range.

Right after their Pokémon Trainers are arrested and then sent to jail or prison, what do you think might happen to all of their Pokémon?

Right after their Pokémon Trainers are arrested and then sent to jail or prison, what do you think might happen to all of their Pokémon?
    They still have them. Butch/Cassidy and Jessie/James have been arrested before but still have their Pokemon.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223