Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

Default Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

Joltik, Galvantula! Chargestone Cave!!

On their way to Mistralton City, Ash & Co. come across the Chargestone Cave. However, when they get within the viscinity of the cave, the Electric-type Pokémon start acting strangely. It appears that the Joltik of Chargestone Cave have appeared and are sucking the electricity out of them. Bianca calls Professor Juniper to appear, but when her Xtransceiver cuts out, things turn out to not be as they seem...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

What happened in the episode

They're traveling along a path and Ash notices Pikachu is sick.

Oshawott comes out to help pull it off and gets knocked out from the zapping.

Iris and Cilan bring out Emolga and Stunfisk to give it energy, but the Joltik suck the power from inside their Pokeballs.

They come out and they are droopy and haggard like Pikachu.

They;re at the Pokemon center and they're all better now.

Ash returns Pikachu and Iris and Cilan return Emolga and Stunfisk.

Bianca rushes in and crashes into Ash.

Ash gets knocked into a pond in the Pokemon Center.

Yep, they contact Juniper and Juniper walks out the cave into a clearing in the middle.

Juniper and her assistants have set up a camp in the clearing.

The communication is cut off and the group see some Galvantula walking around outside.

Team Rocket are in the cave collecting rocks.

James mentions Zager.

Jessie shoes away a Joltik with her Woobat.

The group are walking and Bianca brings out her Minccino.

Some Galvantula heal the Joltik that was kicked out by Jessie.

Cilan and Bianca talk about the trade talks about the trade.

I guess that is why Bianca is here.

Bianca's Minccino knocks out some Galvantula with Thunderbolt and Swift.

Some other Galvantula zap Ash and co. other Galvantula string shot and take away Pikachu.

Some Galvantula shoot some string with electricity running down it and they zap Ash with an electric net.

Exacdrill cuts the net.

Ash and Bianca accidentally run off a cliff.

The Galvantula with Pikachu and Minccino break the string shots around them and then the two see blue eyes in a forest surrounding them and they look worried.

Who's that Pokemon? Dwebble.

Ash falls down a cliff onto some grass.

Bianca comes sliding after and knocks Ash into a pond.

Bianca uses her Xtranciever to follow a Galvantula.

Iris and Cilan run into Juniper and one of her assistants.

Pikachu and Minccino help out by zapping some Joltik to give them power.

Juniper, her assistant, Iris and Cilan have found something mysterious.

Queue Team Rocket in a new mecha.

Cilan brings out Dwebble to battle.

Pikachu and Minccino are having fun with the Joltik.

Iris brings out Excadrill to use dig and Team Rocket's vehicle's front side falls in the hole and they're stuck.

The Joltik and Galvantula lift up the vehicle.

Bianca and Minccino get fired up.

Excadrill and Dwebble get ready.

Woobat and Yamask use Gust and Night Shade.

Pikachu and Minccino use Thunderbolt and Swift.

Dwebble crawls forward so hard he starts to evolve.

Cilan is happy.

Here comes Crustle!

Woobat and Team Rocket are Scared.

Cilan's Crustle learns and uses Rock Wrecker.

Team Rocket lose and they Jetpack off whilst a box/plane carries off the rocks they extracted from Chargestone Cave.

Everyone is happy in the cave.

They walk out into the clearing and Bianca is exited about the trade.

I found it to be cute when Pikachu and Minccino were playing with the Joltik. That's like Oshawott cute.

Speaking of everyones favourite otter. His appearance today...was...not needed? All he did was come out to help pull off that Joltik, got zapped and got healed after the opening only to go back in his Pokeball for the rest of the episode. I guess he wouldn't have been that good against the Galvantula, but still.
    Last edited by playerking; 12th January 2012 at 3:50 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Uhmmm...from all the moves Minccino could have learned the writers chose Thunderbolt.Isn't that creative?

So I guess Minccino is shoved down our throats like another proud Pikachu copy
    Last edited by Nacreous; 12th January 2012 at 2:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Uhmmm...from all the moves Minccino could have learned the writers chose Thunderbolt.Isn't that creative?

I guess its becoming her equivalent of Pikachu, she was even carrying it around. I smell a Pikachu vs. Minccino battle in the future/league!!!

Anyways, an alright episode more looking forward to next weeks in the Juniper Saga however. Great to see Crustle not only in the anime but also on the main cast, I LOVE Cilans team now! Strange that its rock evolved with it, would have loved to have seen it making a new home. but guess that would have interfered with the battle they was in the middle of. Speaking of which, come on Team Rocket don't just stand there, attack it while it evolves!
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

They needed a reason for the Galvantula to steal Minccino as well as Pikachu. I think you'll agree Toxic or Aqua Tail wouldn't exactly do it.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Saw the pictures, and I'm already loving the episode.

Bianca appearing again.

Dwebble evolving.

Team Rocket's first step to their new plan, I assume something is in store for those rocks they took with them, other wise why take them.

Joltik and Galvantula in the episode.

Some humor with Pikachu, Stunfisk, and Emolga looking all messed up.

Some more humor with Bianca's and Ash's running gag of Ash getting wet.

Team Rocket battling with their Pokemon.

I like how this episode will go perfectly well into the next one too.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

i find it funny how we've got people wanting Jessie to hang for attacking the lone joltik^^; as if Crustle killing her Woobat wasn't enough punishment.

The Life-Drained Stunfisk is going to haunt me forever...

Minccino makes a good Mascot Pokemon, it can't naturally evolve, so you can't complain it's weak due to experience (That usually results in evolution for Rivals).

Great episode. Dwebble evolved, the animation was top notch, and Team Rocket put up a damn good fight. I also liked that Team Rocket pretty much won in this episode.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

THIS EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!! X333

"It's EVOLUTION TIME" it suprised me he didn't say "shinka" XDDDD Bah Dento can flipping RULE the world with his immortal beast. Zeustle is so awesome, I even forgot the species was called "Crustle" XDDD

Oh man, one of my favorites. Did anyone else think the baby Joltik were going to eat Minccino and Pikachu? No? I guess I watch too many nature programs. XDDD

I got the biggest kick out of Dento having to try to open two doors. Funnier yet, the second time Iris just stood there and didn't help...BOTH times. If I were her, I'd be feeling awkward and just help anyways even if I only the the strength of a fruit fly.

Anything else? Oh yeah, sorry to break it to you guys, but Bianca made Ash fall into the Fountain of Youth. :P

ZOMG JOLTIK ARE ADORABLE. I WANT ONE NAO.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Just looked at the episode scans.............did Ash ACTUALLY use the dex AGAIN to scan Galvantula? For fu..........

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    Just looked at the episode scans.............did Ash ACTUALLY use the dex AGAIN to scan Galvantula? For fu..........
    Again, it's mainly to provoke the games if anything else. An audiencemember might not have meet a Galvantula or Joltic so that's why it's done so frequently.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I knew Minccino learned an electric attack...though odd really, since it always loses to that typing...so why not learn an attack that actually hurts them? Like Mud Slap or Dig? Oh well.
    Anyway, loved this episode...it had my two favorite electric Pokemon of Unova. Joltik is still adorable
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I wasn't impressed. We've already seen Joltik and Galvantula, so I wasn't excited to see them again. I liked how Pikachu, Emolga and Stunfisk looked at the start of the episode, but I was so effing upset that Oshawott got electrocuted! Bianca's antics weren't as funny this time around for some reason, but I did enjoy Cilan, which is a surprise since I usually can't stand him. I didn't care about Team Rocket or Professor Juniper, but I am glad that Dwebble evolved into Crustle. Over all, the episode was average. 5/10.

Ooh ooh ooh, maybe Team Rocket wanted the rocks for something to do with the meteonite?

Anyways, what were Team Rocket doing wrong this episode again?

No it's not. We don't get to see Minccino that much unlike Pikachu. However, it would have been nice to see Minccino interact with another Pokemon instead.

However, there has been times where Pokemon like Kakuna, Weedle and Beedrill was seen so often in Kanto. So I guess this is Unova's annoying little bug Pokemon trend.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Anyways, what were Team Rocket doing wrong this episode again?
    They basically forced all the Joltik and Galvantula to leave the cave - they were researching the rocks apparently due some energy, I dunno. :S

Also Oshawott trying to get Emolga's attention again was pretty cute!

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    They basically forced all the Joltik and Galvantula to leave the cave - they were researching the rocks apparently due some energy, I dunno. :S
    They weren't researching them. They were harvesting them for some reason, and they succeeded, escaping with the rocks...one of the few times that Team Rocket actually succeed. Am really surprised there isn't more discussion of that

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    Again, it's mainly to provoke the games if anything else. An audiencemember might not have meet a Galvantula or Joltic so that's why it's done so frequently.
    I'd buy that answer for something like the double Torterra check in Sinnoh which were hundreds of eps apart. This though is what, a twenty ep gap between this Galvantula and the last? Either the writers think their viewers are leaving after watching just 10 episodes or what? I understand that the animé is nothing but a marketing tool, but checking Galvantula again so SOON is a da*n cynical ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Ooh ooh ooh, maybe Team Rocket wanted the rocks for something to do with the meteonite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    They weren't researching them. They were harvesting them for some reason, and they succeeded, escaping with the rocks...one of the few times that Team Rocket actually succeed. Am really surprised there isn't more discussion of that
    I don't think theres anything to discuss about them succeeding.........given that ep 23 and 24 were missed, all we have seen is Jessie and James handing over suitcases, taking suitcases and hunting around in caves for 'stuff.' If they keep succeeding in attaining random objects, but we have no idea if there is an endgame with what they are collecting, there's not much to say right? And given the writers' history of having the main characters collect or find objects and then forget about them for many episodes at a time....

Looks like a funny episode with some great expressions from Ash and Bianca, judging by the photos. And I can't complain because Bianca didn't exactly lose a battle and Team Rocket finally succeeded in something. I hope it's for a bigger plan.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    I'd buy that answer for something like the double Torterra check in Sinnoh which were hundreds of eps apart. This though is what, a twenty ep gap between this Galvantula and the last? Either the writers think their viewers are leaving after watching just 10 episodes or what? I understand that the animé is nothing but a marketing tool, but checking Galvantula again so SOON is a da*n cynical ploy
    I don't see why it really matters. I completely forgot what the pokedex said the first time he scanned it, hell I don't even remember when he scanned it.

This episode was fantastic.

I'll separate my opinions on the characters

Ash and Bianca
    I guess I guessed correctly when I said Minccino might have learned Thunderbolt or Thunder Wave. I liked that Ash and Bianca had some alone moments. Not like that you pervs. I really think Mincinno is mascot status liek some other people think.

Iris and Cilan
    I'm glad their other pokemon all goth a bit of screentime. I have to say that I laughed at Oshawott flirting with Emolga again. Excadrill was really excited seeing Dwebble evolve. I don't know but I found that cute. Crustle is a beast. I hope he never has a loss in the show. Even Team Rocket was afraid of it.

Juniper and the Ele-Spiders
    I always like it when the professors actually do something in the region and sheesh those X-Transceivers have amazing definition. I wonder why Juniper hasn't given Ash or Cilan one. Seeing the Joltik play with Pikachu and Minccino was so adorable. We finally found some Galvantula that were on the twerp's side for a change.

Team Rocket
    Okay Jessie deserves to have her face bit by a Galvantula after attacking that poor Joltik. It's always fun seeing Yamask and Woobat be awesome and actually pose a threat. They actually succeeded and took back a few rocks. Although i do wonder how they will activate them with electricity again. Cue speculation of Jessie catching an Eelektrik.

I find it incredibly hard to care about this episode. It had little point or direction until Dwebble evolved out of nowhere.

Bianca is a tired joke whose time is up. If she improved at all from her humiliating appearance last time, she was at best as good as she was in her debut, meaning with all her appearances she has not grown at all. The water gag is becoming so contrived and forced to happen that it isn't funny anymore.

TR isn't doing anything with the rocks. We've seen time and again that when they do things by their own accord, it has no relevance and never gets mentioned again. Cottonee, Elgyem, Litwick, Audino, Archen... everything they did in those episodes could have been called part of a 'larger plot' at the time and was never referenced again.

And then Dwebble. Once again, one of Cilan's Pokémon learns a new move for no reason/offscreen, and once again, it's considered okay because Cilan did it. I don't even have to point out the hypocrisy here.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Ishizumai evolve into Iwaparesu, although I do like Ishizumai better. A lot of comical parts in this episode. The gang's electric Pokemon were all droopy looking after getting their electricity drained. Bianca again knocked Ash into the water, this time twice. Ash's reaction was priceless. It was interesting to see them talking a little bit about the trade evolution of Chobomaki and Karuburumo. Mijumaru made an unneccessary appearence, and flirted with Emonga for a moment. It was funny when he got zapped by Bachuru. It was cute seeing Chillarmy and Pikachu playing with the little Bachuru. Chargestone Cave looked astounding. It definitely had the look that I had hoped it would have.

40/100

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast