Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

Nice, Cilian's got Crustle now. And the animation was incredible.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    TR isn't doing anything with the rocks. We've seen time and again that when they do things by their own accord, it has no relevance and never gets mentioned again. Cottonee, Elgyem, Litwick, Audino, Archen... everything they did in those episodes could have been called part of a 'larger plot' at the time and was never referenced again.
    Archen is an overarching plot stemming from BW06 which I believe will slowly develop over time. They first needed Dream energy, and then they needed data from the revival machine. They will do something with all of this.

And wasn't Cottonee, Elgyem, and Audino just capturing Pokemon for da boss? No overarching plot. And Litwick they weren't after, they were just being attacked by for invading their mansion

And then Dwebble. Once again, one of Cilan's Pokémon learns a new move for no reason/offscreen, and once again, it's considered okay because Cilan did it. I don't even have to point out the hypocrisy here.
    Zeustle grew to level 59! Zeustle wants to learn the move Rock Wrecker, should a move be forgotten? Zeustle chooses for himself.

Yes, it's perfectly fine because Dento learned Rock Wrecker for Zeustle. :P

Seriously now, judging by his expression I don't think he planned any of this.

JUST LOOK AT THAT FACE!!! XDDDD He's clearly very happy that his Pokemon evolved and learned a new move (the pic-y I got is after Zeustle learns Rock Wrecker). I laughed, if you look just a second before Ash uses his Dex, Dento's heart is beating so hard. XDDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Archen is an overarching plot stemming from BW06 which I believe will slowly develop over time. They first needed Dream energy, and then they needed data from the revival machine. They will do something with all of this.

The Dream Energy was originally introduced to help them look for the Meteonite. They just had a chance to reuse the concept thirty episodes later once that first mission was over.

Personally I think this fossil thing is just a hint at Genesect that's going to end up long forgotten, just like when Arceus was hinted at when Nando told the Original Story in DP036, but besides, even if they do bring it back again, Dr. Zager still appeared in the Archen episode to actually provide narrative to that whole thing. That didn't happen here.

And wasn't Cottonee, Elgyem, and Audino just capturing Pokemon for da boss? No overarching plot. And Litwick they weren't after, they were just being attacked by for invading their mansion
    I remember that they mentioned something about why they wanted Cottonee and Elgyem, but Audino was supposed to be for a radar system Zager was developing (which was never mentioned again) and in the Litwick episode they were trying to establish a new base of operations for Team Rocket, which was also never mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac

Yes, it's perfectly fine because Dento learned Rock Wrecker for Zeustle. :P

Seriously now, judging by his expression I don't think he planned any of this.
    It has nothing to do with being planned, it has everything to do with him continually pulling new moves out of his *** - Dwebble's Rock Slide, Stunfisk's Scald, Pansage's Rock Tomb, now Crustle's Rock Wrecker - and getting a free pass for it when people cried foul when Axew and Boldore did the same thing.
    Last edited by The Great Butler; 13th January 2012 at 12:15 AM.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Why wasn't it Team Plasma in this episode causing trouble instead of Team Rocket??

Dawn think there's no need to worry...lol

It has nothing to do with being planned, it has everything to do with him continually pulling new moves out of his *** - Dwebble's Rock Slide, Stunfisk's Scald, Pansage's Rock Tomb, now Crustle's Rock Wrecker - and getting a free pass for it when people cried foul when Axew and Boldore did the same thing.
    I never realized people complained about Boldore. :/

I don't think Crustle's Rock Wrecker was that bad as for the other three he commanded, Rock Wrecker is pretty much on the same level as Outrage.

Just be happy he's not as bad as Kaitou! Pokemon Phantom Theif 7. He pulled Pokemon out of his. XDDDD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I'd say it's because Cilan is accepted by almost everyone here over Iris...but then you had to go including Ash's Boldore...I actually thought is was legit in that battle and now that I think about it and hate to admit...Axew had every right to pull Outrage out of thin air. Still it's kinda odd that random moves coming from no where is becoming the norm now
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Now I want to put my Crustle back in my party.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

The way Dento reacted with such joy and excitement at seeing his new Godstle, I think this may be his "new vintage."

Just like Moolando replaced Mebukijika as Cabernet's vintage, as she said in the DBTournament.

Dento's "New Vintage" or not, Godstle is clearly his strongest/best pokemon for the foreseeable future.

I didn't realize Bachuru were chubby as well as cute and fuzzy. I love them even more now. Even though there's nothing cute about draining electrics of their electric energy, nothing will stop the Bachuru themselves from looking cute in my eyes.

Ah I was wondering when we would see Mijumaru flirting with Emonga again, I really missed seeing that and was hoping it wasn't just a one-time thing. Mijumaru's crush on Emonga is one of my favourite things about his character. Hopefully it'll appear more often now after this episode, though not too much so other people won't get tired of it. I won't because, as I never look too much into what I watch, I can never tire of gags (even ones I don't care about).

And finally.... "It's evolution time!" Dent had the best reaction ever to his Ishizumai evolving, he was just so goddamn happy and I loved his constant fanboying over his newly evolved Iwapalace. Dent was acting like a child who got the present he always wanted for Christmas and was savouring this moment of pleasure. I also loved it because it's a different reaction from the usual "trainer stares in awe as their Pokémon's appearance changes" that we have so seen many times before with every other character.

And then Dwebble. Once again, one of Cilan's Pokémon learns a new move for no reason/offscreen, and once again, it's considered okay because Cilan did it. I don't even have to point out the hypocrisy here.
    Wait what? I'm really confused with what you're trying to say here.

I understand people being bothered about Dent's Pokémon learning a move off screen (likely from off screen training). Even though we've seen plenty of Pokémon learn moves off screen, people are only bothered by this because Dent is a main character travelling with Satoshi. In fact I also really want to see Dent own a Pokémon that he has hard time training, causing him and it to struggle while training his Pokémon so that we'll actually see Dent training his Pokémon and the Pokémon learning a new move on screen instead of off. But this is all completely different; First - like 00poke_maniac already pointed out and as you can tell by Dent's reaction towards it - Dent didn't cause Iwapalace to learn Rock Wrecker, Iwapalce learned it because it's strong, being strengthened from the battles Dent's had it participate in it and that's it. Second Pokémon learning a new move after evolving has happened many times before- People are okay with it because of that, because it's something they've alredy witnessed, not because it happened to a Pokémon belong to Dent. So I don't see why it's a problem that it happened this time.

Edit: I saw your other post after posting this, but I'll still keep it up because I think it explains extra.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 13th January 2012 at 4:10 AM.

I don't what episode you guys watched but I thought this was a great episode. I loved the interactions between Bianca and the rest of the gang. Joltik and Galvantula have always been two of my favorite Pokemon (ever) so any episode featuring them earns instant respect from me.

Dwebble putting up so much resistance to Woobat's Gust was one of the most heart warming scenes I've ever seen on this show. You've really gotta admire that little guy's spirit. Cilan's face when it evolved was priceless. Also,

"HOLY ****! WHAT HAPPENED TO DWEBBLE'S VOICE!?"

Dwebble had this puny little voice but Crustle's voice sounds downright demonic. I like the new voice, but holy crap, if I didn't know better I'd say that thing was voiced by Glen Benton.
    When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low.
    When resentment rides high, and when emotion won't grow.
    We're both changing our ways, taking different roads.

Love. Love will tear us apart. Again.

Awesome crustle made the episode for me...that thing is just as boss as it is in the game...I love crustle

also...

Let's see...anyone else notice that mincinno was affected by night shade and yamask was affected by swift?
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    Awesome crustle made the episode for me...that thing is just as boss as it is in the game...I love crustle

also...

Let's see...anyone else notice that mincinno was affected by night shade and yamask was affected by swift?
    Yes that was so annoying. People can't say that Tranquill wasn't hit via Shadow Ball before either.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Yes that was so annoying. People can't say that Tranquill wasn't hit via Shadow Ball before either.
    They may have hit the targets, but we aren't sure if they had any effect, or were effective or not.

some of the episodes are kind of pointless unless it was a gym battle or some one evolves
    charge stone cave will be cool

An average episode at the verge of being plain bad. The story was extremely boring until the end when Dwebble evolved randomly. Add to that how mediocre the animation was.

What was the point of Oshawott? Why didn't Emolga and Stunfisk have bigger roles instead of Mincinno who's not an electric type? An opportunity wasted for Stunfisk to do something, since he's Cilan's underused pokemon.

Also I agree with The Great Butler about Cilan but I admit, he was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    They may have hit the targets, but we aren't sure if they had any effect, or were effective or not.
    It's pretty obvious that mincinno was cringing from the night shade: http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture.../723/DP312.jpg
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

This was a great episode!

Iris and Dento both get solid roles, Bianca was competent for a change and her throwing of Ash into the water just led towards some hilarious reactions from Ash. Dento's "IT'S TASTING TIME!" was pretty amazing since he seemed really excited and overwhelmed by the whole thing, it fit his character.

I also like the way they set up the plot for the next episode, they rarely do that.

Also, here's hoping for the cave rocks to have some meaning in terms of possible plot. <.<

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_pokemon View Post
    This was a great episode!

Iris and Dento both get solid roles, Bianca was competent for a change and her throwing of Ash into the water just led towards some hilarious reactions from Ash. Dento's "IT'S TASTING TIME!" was pretty amazing since he seemed really excited and overwhelmed by the whole thing, it fit his character.

I also like the way they set up the plot for the next episode, they rarely do that.

Also, here's hoping for the cave rocks to have some meaning in terms of possible plot. <.<
    I'll just give my two cents.

Here's hoping for the cave rocks to have some meaning in terms of possible Team Plasma appearance.

This episode was actually really enjoyable!

I liked Oshawotts little flirt with Emolga at the start haha, seems like the Pokemon version of Brock!

The gag of Ash getting pushed into the water is getting old now -.- it's happening to frequent.

Dwebble evolving was quite random but at the same time worked really well, it was pretty sweet!

The soundtrack to the episode was great aswell, the movies theme and the B/W game ending theme were used perfectly.

8/10.

Okay, I watched it. Same opinion as my previous post, it was good, but it kind of felt like a complete set up and hype for the next episode, with the constant reminders and all.

Also, when did Minccino turn awesome? It learned Thunderbolt and Swift! Maybe Bianca trained hardcore and beat Elesa and Clay.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Okay, I watched it. Same opinion as my previous post, it was good, but it kind of felt like a complete set up and hype for the next episode, with the constant reminders and all.

Also, when did Minccino turn awesome? It learned Thunderbolt and Swift! Maybe Bianca trained hardcore and beat Elesa and Clay.
    Chillarmy first used Speed-Star/Swift vs Kamitsure's Zebra pokemon….

But Thunderbolt was a nice level-up for his power. Albeit it was weaker than Pikachu's….

Chillarmy first used Speed-Star/Swift vs Kamitsure's Zebra pokemon….

But Thunderbolt was a nice level-up for his power. Albeit it was weaker than Pikachu's….
    HUR HUR it doesn't receive STAB. :P

So i wonder if its moves now are Attract, Hyper Voice, Thunderbolt, and Swift?

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I don't think Thunderbolt and Swift will do much against Elesa or Clay.
    Albeit it was weaker than Pikachu's….
    Well, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    HUR HUR it doesn't receive STAB. :P
    Someone should have told that to Tyson's Meowth...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast