Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crisis at Chargestone Cave! (723)

anybody else love that crazy smile crustle gave woobat when he evolved? It was like "oh ho ho you're all in trouble now >=D"
    Friends are family you choose

I really liked this episode, especially because Crustle is just so darn awesome. I never thought Dwebble or Crustle were anything special for the franchise, but the anime has done a great job with their personalities and I look forward to seeing him more. Joltik and Galvantula are cool pokemon too, and I won't get tired of seeing them turn up. Bianca is fun as always and Juniper is too- it's good that she's one of the more frequently showcased professors, and I'm looking forward to meeting Cedric.

One thing which really struck me was that Woobat and Yamask, despite my expectations, are STILL unevolved, and with all of the trio now armed with at least one evolved powerhouse I'm wondering how much longer we can buy them as any sort of threat. This isn't like Arbok and Weezing, they can't be one-shotted like the old school Team Rocket always were. They can't be too far off, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'd say it's because Cilan is accepted by almost everyone here over Iris...but then you had to go including Ash's Boldore...I actually thought is was legit in that battle and now that I think about it and hate to admit...Axew had every right to pull Outrage out of thin air. Still it's kinda odd that random moves coming from no where is becoming the norm now
    That's happened before, even in the original series. Like the time Squirtle learned Hydro Pump when battling Rudy's Starmie at the Trovita gym. Anyway, out of all the moves that have been pulled out of thin air, the only one that I have a problem with is Pansage's Rock tomb. Boldore's was ok because it evolved, & Stunfisk's was acceptable because it could've known Scald when Cilan caught it but never used it
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I loved this episode, especially the end with Cilan

Finished watching the video version of this episode, and I loved it.

Joltik and Galvantula are my 2nd favorite Pokemon(Tied with some others). Seeing them is automatically a plus.

Whenever Cilan is being Cilan, that too is a plus. "It's evolution time", I don't remember the last time he did his time thing, feels like forever so I'm glad to hear it again. Loved how he was so excited over Dwebble evolving. Crustle also looks pretty awesome, looks like it strikes fear into it's enemies as well.

Bianca is another plus. She seemed pretty clever in this episode, using Minccino's Thunderbolt to distract the Galvantula then using Swift to knock them out with Berries. As well as using her Live Caster to get Galvantula to come to them so they could find Pikachu and Minccino.

Team Rocket appearing is another plus for me. Succeeding in their mission is another plus.

Also enjoyed the humor in the episode, and again, I love how this episode flows perfectly into the next one.

A favorite for sure.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I liked the episode a bit,it was at least better than the Gym Battle episode.Seriously the gym battles in BW are bad <.<

Wow i'm the first to comment this morning about the dub version?

But i liked this episode. Galvantula, one of my fav Pokemon made another appearance. Love its dub voice. But sometimes the writers get to me. We all know Ash saw it before so why did they have him say who it was? SMH

Ash/Bianca combo, one of the best things about the B/W series. Wouldn't mind her being part of Ash's traveling company.

I was surprised Dwebble evolved in this ep. I thought it was a few eps down the road.

8/10 for this episode

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

It was a good episode all in all. I found it funny that Oshawott randomly got out just to be zapped and ignored by everyone worried about how hobo-looking Pikachu looked. Also, Cilan getting a big orgasm seeing his Dwebble evolve.

I rather like this episode. What made it for me, though, was Oshawott hitting on Emolga at the Pokemon Center. It was nice to see the writers still implementing things that seemed to be forgotten.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

A good episode but the highlights for me were Ash and Bianca's clumsy moments (Out of the way, Out of the way, Out of the way :P) and Cilan's face when it was Evolution Time! He then continued to be so excited about the new move Crustle learning it just made the evolution absoutely fantastic!

Now time for a team rocket discussion. Now, they have a new plan involving electrically charged stones which are being used as an energy source, hmmm what have Zeiger got up his sleeve this time. I enjoyed the battle between TR's pokemon and the gang because we don't see them very often but once again I thought they were going to blast off but instead they fly away with a small proportion of what they tried to steal and effectively they won.

Anyway, on to the next one with the Evolution exchange! Ooooooooooo
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I enjoyed this episode and the fact that Cilan got himself a new pokemon. Despite the fact that I hate Bianca's endangerment of Ash, I was actually amused that there's always some fountain or body of water present for him to be knocked into.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

It was a good episode. Bianca was being funny as usual, always knocking Ash into the water. And Dwebble evolving into Crustle was neat.

Minccino is unaffected by Night Shade, a Ghost-type move, and Yamask is unaffected by Swift, a Normal-type move. Why did they receive their respective damage?
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

8,250 REs

it was a good episode and i love how when iris calls ash a kid ash was all like "okay knowitall!! u tell me what it is!' that part was my favorite... made iris feel lik S**t

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaster327 View Post
    Minccino is unaffected by Night Shade, a Ghost-type move, and Yamask is unaffected by Swift, a Normal-type move. Why did they receive their respective damage?
    It happens sometimes.... they won't always follow that

----

Ash's response to being smashed into the lake at the bottom of the hill was more funny than in the original version
    Last edited by G50; 21st May 2012 at 10:58 AM.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

It's a filler episode, TR being TR, a Pokemon evolving & learning a super effective move to win out the episode same old same old. So apparently Joltik can drain the electricity of an electric Pokemon through a Pokeball, we've seen these things take alot of abuse in the series but a single Joltik is able to harm a Pokemon through all those layers. How about a little consistency writers. Also how did Pikachu, Ash, Cilan, & Iris not notice Joltik climbing on them? Cilan makes an off hand comment about Bianca noticing a Joltik on her arm but you never noticed them.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    It's a filler episode, TR being TR, a Pokemon evolving & learning a super effective move to win out the episode same old same old.
    It's not a filler episode because a Pokémon evolved.

Those rocks are also foreshadowing something.

cilans face was priceless hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by R?IDDl3R View Post
    it was a good episode and i love how when iris calls ash a kid ash was all like "okay knowitall!! u tell me what it is!' that part was my favorite... made iris feel lik S**t
    Best part of the episode.

Then again, Bianca episodes don't have many good parts. *shot*

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Best part of the episode.

Then again, Bianca episodes don't have many good parts. *shot*
    your kinda right but i think bianca is funny alot of times , shes barry's sister or cousin.. there soo alike

Good episode. There were some funny moments. Nice to see Dwebble evolving into Crustle, as well.

I was so excited to see Dwebble evolve into a Crustle!

This episode, we had Ash finallly catch up on stuff. So proud of his progress. He calls Iris a know it all, and is getting tired of all the times that Bianca knocks him into water filled areas.

Plus this episode was really cool to have a TR plot, because their plot in the Trio episodes just went crash and burn. And they got victorious from this one.

Dwebble evolves, which was a really cool point in time to. Crustle was a beast. Cilan was in awe. ITS EVOLUTION TIME. Sadly I think that's the only time we'll get that out of Cilan.

Pikachu's face at the beginning of the episode completely scared me. Way to give us goosebumps, writers! Plus the Joltik were very cute.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I enjoyed the dub version, although I prefer the Japanese version of Cilan's scene when Dwebble evolved. I thought Crustle's dub voice was nice.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

This was an alright episode though I remember chanting in my head over and over "Please don't be team rocket...please don't be team rocket...ple-and it's team rocket" through the first few minutes. Seeing them succeed though makes me curious so I guess it wasn't that bad. I would've preferred it if the episode fooled us into thinking it was them just for the twerps to run into / solve something else, then see team rocket run off with the stones undetected.

Is it just me or did Ash's IQ go down a few notches? Not as bad as against the match with Elesa but his IQ's always been inconsistent this region I suppose; I'm no fanboy so I didn't really mind it and he was funny with Bianca anyway.

Dwebble evolving was random but I still enjoyed it. He deserves it after all those wins. I would agree with those that an episode of Dent actually struggling to train a pokemon would be interesting though I'm in no position to say that now being so behind.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast