Thread: I suck at sun teams?

Default I suck at sun teams?

I have never been a big fan of sun teams. So this team does need improvement. Now their is a twist to this sun team. we have the might zoro in it. I have been insulted and been called bad when people seen it. little did they know it's going sweep them and this set is different from everyone elses.

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 248 HP / 160 SDef / 100 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Roar/Sunny day

Ninetales is used to get the sun up and can be used to break heatrans balloon if they switch in. 248 hp evds to make it bulky. 160 sp def to make sure water moves do less then 50% in sun which is really useful. 100 speed to out speed toad and ttar. will o wisp is used to cripple ttar and other physical attacks. this move is very important because phyical pokemon are no threat when they are burnt. Fire blast is used to deal with breloom and to do a lot of damage to pokemon that don't resist it. Hidden power rock is used to hit dragon which resist fire blast. it is also used to break heatrans balloon. I can't pick between roar or sunny day. roar stops pokemon setting up such as baton pass teams. while sunny day stop rain and sand on switch ins.

Zoroark (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Illusion
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naughty Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Low Kick
    - Flamethrower

Here is my own created set for zoro. Now people are so shocked when they see this set. zoro works so well with venu if they have heatran they will switch in thinking it's venu when in fact it's zoro and now it can sweep the team thanks to them switching. low kick deals with heatran which is needed since heatran can wall the team if built round the right pokemon. sword dance makes zoro deadly. when sword dance is set up sucka punch can ko most pokemon and thanks to pokemon like latios it has no problem in dealing with physhock when they think it's venu. Flamethower is used to deal with ferro and make sure i don't take damage from it since low kick would hurt me and we don't want that when we are on full hp. it is also used to ko scizor. 252 attack to make sucka punch ko after sword dance. 252 speed to outspeed most ou pokes. sash is needed no matter what and it is the reason why zoro can set up and sweep. so thanks to whoever thought of making an item like that. sucka punch has saved me so many times and now i had people laugh when they first see zoro and after it sets up and sweep then really do learn their place.

Hope you like the set.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def/4Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Shard

This pokemon is my support for zoro and ninetales. first it sets up rocks to make sure zoro won't run into sashed pokemon next it spins rocks and spikes away which will break zoros sash and make it half as good as it is. earthquake is used to deal with ttar and heatran. while ice shard is used to deal with dragons and flying types.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Trick

Latios was suggested by Mcdanger as a replacement for keldeo. so far it has been doing great thank to zoro predending to be latios and destorying ttar and sweeping other pokes. so credit goes to Mcdanger for this poke. Latios is used to deal with Keldeo and lando i which can be a pain to this team if sun s not up. if the foe has ttar we can put latios in the last spot and make zoro come out so then ttar will try pursuit it but littie do they know it's zoro and then zoro starts sweeping. Draco meteor is used to ko pokes that don't resist it. while psyshock can be used to deal with pokes that don't resist it or when I don't want to use draco because i can sweep with psyshock. Hidden power fighting is used to beat heatran when it's on low hp. heatran is a pain so this will help get rid of it. trick is used to cripple chansey and other bulky stalling pokes.

Heatran (F) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Flame Charge
    - Earth Power
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Here is another surprising sweeper. there has been 7 times I have 6koed with heatran thanks to flame charge. after one flamecharge i can outspeed genger and other no choice scarf pokes and then ko them with flamethower. dragons such as dragonite are hit by rocks thanks to donphan and koed by hp ice. air ballon stops other heatrans from hitting with earth power and it stops phyical lando from hitting with eq.

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 88 Def / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Growth
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Sludge Bomb

another strange set right? well the def evds are to stop choice band scizor bullet punch doing a lot of damage to venu. so this is useful as venu then uses hp fire to ko it. growth makes venu sweep entire teams and help giga drain gain more hp back. hp fire deals with ferrothorn and scizor. while sludge bomb can be used for many reasons such as dealing with torn thun and dragons and sometimes poisoning ttar switch ins. 168 speed lets venu outspeed toad when their is no sun.

this team got 150 on ladder with 1950 points so it's my best sun team i have ever made. the team name was taken from comments when battles started. guys no need to be hating on gimmick sets. this team needs help as I can't hit over 2000 :/ and struggle with heatran when paired with certain pokes. I think i need a replacement for keldeo but not sure what to replace it with.
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 11th July 2013 at 7:20 PM.

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

Your team seems to struggle with landorus I as you have to depend on priority moves to take it down, namely donphans, who you also need to stop terrakion from plowing through your team, which leaves you in a bad situation there. The keldeo-ttar-lando core seems to give you trouble as venusaur can beat keldeo and lando but it needs sun and has to be careful coming in, while donphan is easily warn down by a lack of recovery. I would suggest switching keldeo for scarfed latios as it gives you a way to handle the core in sand as well as another check to keldeo and landorus in sun. He further works with zoroark by baiting in ttar and wins you the weather war, plus you still keep a pivot against rain teams and trick to cripple walls like chansey that are a pain for your team.

Not a bad team! The Zoroark looks like a great sweeper and with sucker punch, it is.
    I dont really see why Keldeo is on this team, but hey, its your choice
    I would replace it with this:
    Lilligant @ life orb
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs 20 Def/252 SAtk/236 Spd
    Timid nature (+Spd -Atk)
    -Leaf storm
    -Healing Wish
    -Sleep Powder
    -Hidden Power (Rock)

Another Chlorophyll abuser, it comes in, puts them to sleep, hits hard with Leaf storm, uses healing wish to bring back venu, zora or heatran. HP rock is for other sun teams/other fire-types that will abuse the sun

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    Your team seems to struggle with landorus I as you have to depend on priority moves to take it down, namely donphans, who you also need to stop terrakion from plowing through your team, which leaves you in a bad situation there. The keldeo-ttar-lando core seems to give you trouble as venusaur can beat keldeo and lando but it needs sun and has to be careful coming in, while donphan is easily warn down by a lack of recovery. I would suggest switching keldeo for scarfed latios as it gives you a way to handle the core in sand as well as another check to keldeo and landorus in sun. He further works with zoroark by baiting in ttar and wins you the weather war, plus you still keep a pivot against rain teams and trick to cripple walls like chansey that are a pain for your team.
    I agree with you on all of that. latios and zoro i like that thanks mcdanger.

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

Pretty cool team you've got here, I especially like how you've used Zoroark. I just have one nitpick though.

Gyarados seems like it would cause this team a lot of grief. While Gyara is rare, and can be dealt with by teaching Scarf Latios thunderbolt, I'll just Offer an alternative in Scarf Rotom-W. While it may seem strange to use it in sun, your team isn't entirely dependent on Sun, so I guess it could work. I have used Rotom (not the same set though) on a sun team, and worked really well. It can also handle the Keldeo-Ttar-Lando core pretty well, so that's a plus too.
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 11th July 2013 at 6:32 PM.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Pretty cool team you've got here, I especially like how you've used Zoroark. I just have one nitpick though.

Gyarados seems like it would cause this team a lot of grief. While Gyara is rare, and can be dealt with by teaching Scarf Latios thunderbolt, I'll just Offer an alternative in Scarf Rotom-W. While it may seem strange to use it in sun, your team isn't entirely dependent on Sun, so I guess it could work. I have used Rotom (not the same set though) on a sun team, and worked really well. It can also handle the Keldeo-Ttar-Lando core pretty well, so that's a plus too.
    gyra not really a problem as long as sun is up. gyra sets tend to have sub waterfall bounce and dd. you don't really get eq waterfall and bounce all at once. so if it has eq venu will deal with it if it has bounce ninetales can deal with it by using roar and every time it comes in rocks will hurt it.

Hey rair, I like this sun team! Its very differrent from the standard, cookie cutter teams nowadays. I would recommend changing heatrans set to MagmaTrapper. This gives you another way to win the weather war, without having to slowly wear something down. You dont truly need 3 different sweepers, and I find flame charge heatran weak tbh, but thats just me. Magma trapper helps you take out politoed and tyranitar very easily, in 3 turns. Watch out for misses and specstoed though :/ in sun hydro pump ohkoes anyway IIRC. I think itll greatly help you achieve your win condition, i.e zoroark sweep. Gl with the team!

Heatran @Air Balloon/Life Orb
    - Flash Fire -
    Timid
    4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
    Magma Storm
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    HP Ice/ Earth Power

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus™ View Post
    Hey rair, I like this sun team! Its very differrent from the standard, cookie cutter teams nowadays. I would recommend changing heatrans set to MagmaTrapper. This gives you another way to win the weather war, without having to slowly wear something down. You dont truly need 3 different sweepers, and I find flame charge heatran weak tbh, but thats just me. Magma trapper helps you take out politoed and tyranitar very easily, in 3 turns. Watch out for misses and specstoed though :/ in sun hydro pump ohkoes anyway IIRC. I think itll greatly help you achieve your win condition, i.e zoroark sweep. Gl with the team!

Heatran @Air Balloon/Life Orb
    - Flash Fire -
    Timid
    4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
    Magma Storm
    Solarbeam
    Sunny Day
    HP Ice/ Earth Power
    Thanks I will try that set because it does seem good.

Nice team!

I really like the Zoroark idea. Most Sun teams run Dugtrio to trap opposing weather inducers and that awful, awful Heatran, but I like how you run something different and have found success in doing so.

I personally like Sunny Day over Roar for Ninetales. I feel as if Sun has no problem breaking a BP chain. Being able to Sunny Day right after a Politoad switches in on you can mean the difference between life and death for your entire team. Also, the fact that Ninetales cannot switch in and out like most weather starters means that it needs to do what it can while it is in play.

I also suggest having 252 speed on Venusaur. That speed allows him to outspeed Scarf Keldeo and Terrakion while the sun is up.
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Ludakrix View Post
    Nice team!

I really like the Zoroark idea. Most Sun teams run Dugtrio to trap opposing weather inducers and that awful, awful Heatran, but I like how you run something different and have found success in doing so.

I personally like Sunny Day over Roar for Ninetales. I feel as if Sun has no problem breaking a BP chain. Being able to Sunny Day right after a Politoad switches in on you can mean the difference between life and death for your entire team. Also, the fact that Ninetales cannot switch in and out like most weather starters means that it needs to do what it can while it is in play.

I also suggest having 252 speed on Venusaur. That speed allows him to outspeed Scarf Keldeo and Terrakion while the sun is up.
    Thanks and yeah I agree I should run 252 speed icy wind can lower venusaur speed then it can get koed by a different scarfer

Actually, the only user of icy wind is keldeo. Scarf keldeo still outspeeds +1 venusaur even max speed. You're better off running the current spread to have some bulk for random things like scizor's BP. Max speed doesnt outspeed any notable scarfers IIRC, other than, like scarf scizor or scarftar or something. Plus, its too situational for that to even happen

EDIT: actually, 180 speed outruns everything up to Scarf Latios, and you still keep a lot of defensive prowess.
    Last edited by Klaus™; 17th July 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Those 88 def evs arent needed as heatran can take on scizor with no issue if you manage to switch it into bullet punch so i suggest you can place those evs into attack as it as it can ohko heatran with rocks up or 3 layers of spikes can guarantee it, if not then I suggest that you get a pokemon that can handle heatran since only heatran and donphan can do serious damage to it maybe a landorus-t as it deals with ttar and heatran
    Last edited by 55afrothunder; 18th July 2013 at 4:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 55afrothunder View Post
    Those 88 def evs arent needed as heatran can take on scizor with no issue if you manage to switch it into bullet punch so i suggest you can place those evs into attack as it as it can ohko heatran with rocks up or 3 layers of spikes can guarantee it, if not then I suggest that you get a pokemon that can handle heatran since only heatran and donphan can do serious damage to it maybe a landorus-t as it deals with ttar and heatran
    Yeah that'd definitely work...if Venusaur was running Earthquake (Feel free to suggest EQ though, as reasoning for this change). And its not like Latios is running HP Fighting so it can revenge Heatran, and its not like Heatran outspeeds and OHKO's Donphan (With Sturdy broken) with Fire Blast, and its not like he's running Air Balloon to win Heatran vs Heatran, and its not like Ninetales can finish off a damaged one with HP Rock or Roar it out, and its not like Zoroark is running Low Kick, and its not like Zoroark beats Tyranitar 1v1 (Can't switch in though), and its not like Donphan handles Bandtar well. Make sure you know what you're saying before you rate please. This is why serebii's rmt section is considered a complete joke by so many people.