Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Souku's Project 365 with Pokémon

Oh, mah gosh, that Latias is amazing! I love seeing it as more of a bird-ish creature as the 'dex alludes to it being, but sprites and official art's deny. Latias is one of my favorite poke's; you've done it justice

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Wow, I haven't been here in a while but my faves since I last commented are Chimchar, Flaafy, Pansage and Chikorita. But my most favorite so far is definitely Latias. My opinion, probably your best one yet. You really made her look very elegant and she looks a lot like a bird than a dragon. Great job there.

Wow Latias sure does look unique compared to other incarnations, I like it!

Pansage also has a nice flair, it almost looks feliene but that makes it amazing!

And Weepinbell is adorable ^___^

Thank you so much for the comments, everyone! I'm really happy that you guys like Latias as she is definitely one of my favourite pokémon and I had such a fun time drawing her.

I've got Day 35 up now. It's a finneon. I quite enjoyed drawing this pokémon even though half the time I forget it even exists, haha.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:
    365 Project 2012 | 365 Project 2013

Latias is beautiful and so is Finneon. I agree that Latias is probably the best one yet.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked both Latias and Finneon.

I've got Day 37's picture up. A little rushed but doesn't look too bad.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Finneon looks soooooo good. Great coloring. Beautiful.

I love how you did Gligar in similar style to Articuno. It is really neat.

I don't really know what to think of Arcanine. When I saw him I was like "wow".

Arcanine's actually quite nice. One of the best artworks I've seen for this Pokemon. Finneon looks really elegant, you did well for a really underrated Pokemon. Gligar and Weepinbell are nicely done here.

Oh my God I love your style. It's realistic, but not so much as to ruin the whimsical style that the pokemon were originally made in. The Shelgon and Hoothoot especially stood out to me on that topic. It must take a lot of imagination to come up with those tweaked designs and unique poses. I know I can't do that.

In my opinion the tweaks you did to Magby were a bit excessive, but who am I to judge. That's purely my opinion. You keep doing your own thing; I'm really liking how it's turning out.
    Last edited by Gelatino95; 7th February 2012 at 3:18 AM.

^ Click this for good times ^

These are amazing! Great job. I love how unique the style is, how it differs from others.

Also, one more thing. Make sure you do plenty of bird pictures. They're my favorite. By the way, I subscribed to this thread so I could see more of your work.

Oh. My. God.

That Arcanine.

I love it. I love it so much. It looks so beautiful, and majestic, and, oh my God...

Your art is so amazing. <3

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Wow, thank you so much, everyone! I really enjoy reading your comments and what you have to say about each picture, and I very much appreciate your taking the time to do so. I'm really glad that you guys are enjoying the project so far!

I have Day 38's pic up now and it is a dewgong. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    Also, one more thing. Make sure you do plenty of bird pictures. They're my favorite. By the way, I subscribed to this thread so I could see more of your work.
    I can only draw as many bird pokémon as random.org will decide to throw at me. |D Cross your fingers that random decides to spit some of your favourites out. Thank you so much for subscribing!
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

That Dewgong is really great. I love the light shining down from the surface. The perspective is also spot on. Great job.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Dewgong looks quite lovely, simple but very tasteful. Electivire is kinda scary, but it makes him look even better. In fact, it's like it's straight out of a movie. I'm also subscribing on this thread as well. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by nathandg0924; 9th February 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Wow I've never seen Electrivire done so.....alien-like. It's creepy and crisp. Well done. Also Dewgong is pretty

Thank you so much for the comments! It's really great that you guys like the dewgong and the electivire, even if I made him a bit scary. |D Which was my intention since its 'dex entries make it out to be a rather violent pokémon.

Day 40 is a Mr Mime. It's kinda hard to draw a pokémon you don't really like but I don't think Mr Mime turned out half bad.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

LOL Mr.Mime looks like he's trapped in a box XD
    His shadow has an eery feeling to it. I like this alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Souku View Post
    Ohman, Arbok's head was annoying to draw for some reason. Low angle shots
    are something I find incredibly hard to do so it took me a little while to get the
    arbok's head to look somewhat decent. I'd also left this to the last minute so...
    that didn't help. It was something like 10pm when I realised I had not drawn a
    pokémon today so I had to draw as fast as I can. Let me tell you it is not the
    world's greatest idea to decide to do something as detailed as scales when you
    are short of time.
    So if it took you a little a little while to get Arbok's head to look somewhat decent, how long did it take you to produce this masterpiece? I presume you didn't grow it out of your armpits...right?

This is one of the best pictures that you have produced since Latias (not as good as Latias, but pretty darn good). Why is it that fantastic artists are always the ones who are so utterly critical of their own work? Is it because they see technical flaws that are so minute and unimportant that the rest of the world doesn't even register, and for some bizzare reason they think that they need to appologize for? I don't get it...

Anyways, I love the sheer ferocity of this picture and...well let's just say that I'm never going to look at a snake without feeling a shiver up my spine again.
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

Souku, your artwork is just utterly beautiful. I love it, and today's Arbok is one of your best. I know how time-consuming scales can be, so it's even more impressive that you took the time to scale Arbok and make it look so lifelike. Keep up the gorgeous work! I subscribed to this so I can see your pictures everyday. What medium are you using? A tablet maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDreamer View Post
    Why is it that fantastic artists are always the ones who are so utterly critical of their own work? Is it because they see technical flaws that are so minute and unimportant that the rest of the world doesn't even register, and for some bizzare reason they think that they need to appologize for? I don't get it...
    I, too, am an artist; I draw mainly in pencil and colored pencil. I can't speak for Souku (who is much better than me, BTW), but people often tell me that my work is wonderful and beautiful and I should get a job illustrating everything from children's books to biology textbooks. However, I do not believe my art to be very good at all. As an artist, you conceive an idea in your head, and when you put it on paper, it just never looks the same as what you imagined. Because you spent hours of your time drawing the picture, you know exactly where its good points are and exactly where its flaws are. You see its flaws-the areas where it isn't what you imagined it to be- every time that you look at it. Other people can't see this, but you can. So it never looks as good as it could in your eyes. An artist will rarely be satisfied with his or her work because of this.

Additionally, artists almost always compare themselves to other artists. We see the flaws in our own work, but like the general public, not the flaws in the work of other artists. We will never see our work as better than anyone else's; even if the other artist uses a different medium or draws a different subject matter, we will always think that our own work is poor compared to the other artist's because we see the flaws in our own work but not in theirs, and to us, everyone else will seem more creative than we are.

Others may disagree, but this is how I and many of my artistically-inclined friends feel about the matter.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

You did amazing with Arbok, his scales are so darn good! And his face almost looks like a realistic snake drawing. Great work!

And wurmple....well wurmple is my favorite of all your drawings. I don't know why I like it so much....but it's a masterpiece!

Thanks, guys! I do really enjoy reading them and seeing how you feel about each pic; it encourages me to continue knowing that people are looking and enjoying what I'm drawing.

@ AmericanDreamer: Thank you for your comment! In regards to artists being (perhaps overly) critical of their own work, varanus_komodoensis has pretty much summed up my feelings and said exactly what I was going to say. It's the differences only you as an artist can see between your completed work and the goal in your head that makes it easy for you to pick at your own work, because you know your own strengths and weaknesses when producing the artwork too. That isn't to say I'm never happy with my work though; I can be and have been quite proud of some of the drawings I've done before.
    Also known as Mesukaru.

Pokémon art stuff:

Mr. Mime was OK, you did well on him but definitely not your best. Same goes with Wurmple, he's also nice but I kinda don't like him, not because I'm afraid of bugs (which I'm not) still, you did him justice. Piloswine is nice, pretty good and for me, has this eerie feeling. Arbok however.... is just amazing. Definitely one of your best works (Latias is still the best for me). I loved the way you made him so realistic, so lifelike. I know that was a bit time consuming but the result is great!

Honestly, you're one of my fave artists here in Serebii and this art thread is quite a breath of fresh air. It's been a while since I've seen Pokemon artworks that really impressed me. Most of the art threads by my other faves have died unfortunately. How long does it take you usually to do one work?

You did fine with the fur on Piloswine. Just keep in mind that the shaggy look isn't going to work with all pokemon. And if you're trying to capture a melancholy feel, I'm not feeling it. If anything, the picture seems hopeful, with Piloswine facing away toward the bright blue happy sky. You might want to use some darker colors next time if you're trying to make a negative mood.

I enjoy Piloswine his shaggy fur and lonesone demeanor make this picture breathtaking.

Weedle ranks up there as one of your cutest drawings.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast